The Orange Box turns ten today

The Orange Box turns ten today.

Good thing HL turned to shit after HL1.

HL1 was shit too.
FPS is a genre for normalfags.

All video games are for normalfags. Video games are a pop-culture phenomenon.

In 1991 maybe.

The Orange Box deserves to stand in the Hall of Fame of Jewry for being the best deal ever available on the videogame market.

Normalfags have played and enjoyed your favourite game user. How does it feel?

This posts deserves to stand in the Hall of Fame of reddit for being the most normalfag thing ever posted on the internet.

normalfags don't even know my favorite game exists user.

What game is it?

Doubt it

I play mostly JRPGs and strategy games, user. The barrier of autism is too high for Normalfags.

It's not even ASSFAGGOTS

Do you even have to ask him? One of the top comments on a Dunkey video about fucking NieR:Automata was "what game is this?". 90% of normalfags just play muh sportsball and AAA flavor of the month, and any game they play outside of that is a one-time thing they rent and return without beating the first level. So sure, perhaps they've technically "played" an "obscure" game, but enjoyed? I seriously doubt it. Unless you think hipsters who talk about a game they've never played have "enjoyed" it.

Statistically it's impossible for any good game to have never been played by normalfags. Most people who play and purchase video games are complete normalfags. Unless your favourite game was made by a completely detached autist who makes nonsensical shit, I know for certain normalfags have played it.

I got it used when I was a wee youngfag from my part time job. It was alright for what you got.

Getting the gnome achievement was a bitch and a half.

Are you mentally alright up there? I'm genuinely worried.

Team Fortress 2 was literally the only game of worth in that collection and it eventually went free-to-play. I deeply regret purchasing it and contributing to the DRM hegemony known as Steam.

lol, kill yourself

Haven't the two australians who made team fortress quit valve recently?

I got it for Christmas when I was 15. I got it specifically for portal :3 (the cake is a lie!)

HL2 was okay but i never got passed the hovercraft scene, my friend made it to the bridge area. I never played TF2 because we had no internet and when i started into i traded hats for $30

That was some good shit.

I used to be a big Valve fan but now they've been ruined by normalfag retards who spend real money on game skins.

I'm not really sure on that one, it's kind of up in the air on how bad of a thing it is.
On the one hand Valve opened up the market to whales to regular consumers, on the other they essentially have no incentive to develop new games at this point, and even if you think about that, it's debatable if they would develop anything good when it comes to new software.

My point is that Valve now is complete shit but NOBODY wouldn't do what they did in the same situation. They never expected the hat shit to be big. Now they're making more money that we could dream of off of making gamebanana kins

i bought a copy second hand, to bad it is fucking useless.

Good job, your faggotry has enraged me. Now >>>/reddit/

Portal was the only good part of The Orange Box. I still like it, despite the memes.

I still think it's a good intro to PC games for a normalfag and gives good value. Until I played it I didn't know PC games were so modern as I stopped playing games on mine in the mid 90s until I picked up the Orange Box around 2005/6.

Nah. Half Life 2 sucks a thousand nigger dongs though.

What's the value of a shitty sequel, another shitty sequel, and a tech demo? The Half Life Platinum Collection was better in every way. Orange Box a shit.

Every single one of you is a normalfag, and I require that you leave my board.

Reeeee nermies xD
I'm such a speshuul snowflayk

Well user, let's hear all the obscure games you're into

You've got until sunrise to get off my website pardner.

No points for mediocre obscurity, user.

This is the truest post in this whole thread. I've known some serious normalfags in my time. They all own consoles just to play 2 or 3 game series and nothing else at all.
Usually a sports series, cock in booty and some shitty RPG series like Dragon Age or Bethesda Elder Scrolls. They will keep themselves locked into these franchises and when asked about trying other games they respond with "But I know these games will be good!"

And Call of Duty 4 was still a month away from release.

Is TF2 worth redownloading? I feel like playing the game again to celebrate the 10th anniversary of what was once one of my favorite games, but I don't think I want to see what it's become.

Autism sucks, I don't know how you fuckers do it

Depends what server you go on, pubs are dead.

Pubs are dead, come play vintage instead

What's with all the counter-signaling against Half Life these days? Is it just a spill over from Valve being shit or what?

it's hip to do, even normalfags are starting to. It also reinforces the valve/ PC gaming beingnever good narrative.

Enough time has passed that it's now safe to admit Half Life 2 is a pile of AIDS. And since a lot of children who played HL2 never played HL1, they wrongly assume it was AIDS as well.

there is no joy in this world

relax, its just one of the biggest studios in western gaming. goes hand in hang with the collapse of western society.

there is nothing to celebrate m8, game has been fucked for more than half its lifetime

what is it with valve breaking shit in their games as time goes on? It's really not a bad thing to release a game, patch it a few times, and never touch it again.

Happy birthday, you bastard child.
The only good things to come out of 2007, all rolled up in one neat package.

t. normalfag

If 90% of them are idling in trade servers, that's still 60,000 people, so where are they if not in public servers?

I'm sorry, you were saying?

at least they left L4D2 alone

I don't understand this meme.

EVERY GAME IS SHIT VIDEO GAMES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS

Bought on day one, mostly because Portal, as the gameplay trailers got me intrigued, but also the Half Life collection. In the end, Team Fortress 2 was the game I played most. Great value for the package.

Most of you have very pedestrian tastes, certainly not a position to scoff at normalfags from.

Didn't say that. Just saying that OP is a retard for thinking that a series turning to shit is ever good. We should all only want what's best for a game. Some series deserve to die(any sports game based on real athletes ever), but none deserve to turn to shit.

Also pub servers has always referred to community servers. which are pretty much dead. Since all the braindead people left in that game do is Queue up for either comp LOL or casual which only puts you in valve created servers. No one just "plays the game" anymore. most of it's spent either idling looking to trade or people getting asspained you are a "tryhard" because people are "trying to have a party" when you come along and unload pipebombs and stickies to kill 3/4 of the enemy team in one go

I just wish valve would get back to regularly maintaining tf2.
I fucking hate overwatch.

Maintaining what? Adding more hats and shitty unneeded weapons and jewery to a game bloated and exploding with shit like that? You're the reason these games to go shit.

Fucking git gud nigger

You're blaming the wrong reason of why Steam is shit you cumguzzling bugchaser, Sure it has DRM but boy does Steam's DRM is goddamn laughable

Where have you been? Valve is all but a former shell of themselves, the TF team is a skeleton crew whose job is to add (Community-created) Hats into the game, and break weapon balance for the nth time
Let me give you a recap of all Screamfortress of nu-TF2

Video games became computer games. Computer games became psyop. The social part of virtual gaming is ded.

Half life 1 was better thanks to the quake glitch legacy: Bunnyhopping. Basically, no fps these days allow skill based movement. I found myself at home in the community of the Natural Selection mod, which was an innovative, assymetrical, teambased RTS FPS, and perhaps third most played HF1 mod after team fortress.
I swear. I will never forget the level of adrenaline it still could make you pump out years after starting playing it and how zoned you could get from improving your skill and land on top in the literal dogfights between realistic space marine corporate deployment rambos and wall-bouncing, agile and stealthy, dogsized sacks of teeth, vent-chuckling flying flaps of spore-gassing dinosaurs, hallway-blinking, mansized mantises and hum-vee-sized, stomping and horned tanks that could stun and eat you.
Fuck. Playing aliens was so much fun. The speed and skill you needed to win over those packs of incredible aimers and dogfight tactical masterminds sometimes made you feel like a real predator. The feel of having survived the waves of different tech superiority phases and finally let you tech up for jetpacks or heavy mother fucking armor was priceless. Still not untouchable, but still damn scary to have such a guy on your tail if you were the midgame carry lifeform and late game counter tech was deployed.

Enjoy your goysticks. I have experienced all I could have asked for.

you cant be this retarded, they are almost the same games gameplaywise

lmao none of those are even close to the truth

I have come to the conclusion that disliking a game because it has obnoxious fans is stupid. I get that sometimes you can't help but associate a game with the people who screech about it online, but that's an involuntary, subconscious reaction. Deciding that you suddenly dislike a game that you played and enjoyed, just because retards like it too, doesn't make sense.
I guess I'm lucky that I played Portal before I knew about the memes.

wrong lol. HL1 and HL2 aren't similar in any respect besides some window dressing. You'v obviously never even touched HL1.

They might have played it once, user. But normalfags only play stuff at release. The more years pass, the percentage of purity increases.

But he's right, user.
HL2 has less unique weapons than its predecessor, and the designs on those that are left are shit.
All of the weight gets put on the Gravity Gun, which is fine until the novelty of Source's physics wear thin.
HL1 had weapons that were truly alien, featured more explosives, and featured better environments to use them in: It's the better game.

And it was designed to be a game instead of the tech demo that was HL2.

Look everybody! its the knoblicker who always embed that knobjocket everytime the topic of HL2 comes up
You feel so superior don't you? having a faggot to make all your arguments instead of doing it yourself?

But they do user, maybe not to the same extent of Toddout 4 or Skyrim, but they're there.

if the normalfags aren't already in calradia, they will be

Why didn't they release HL3? Valve never gives a fuck about public opinion as is already evident so being unable to stand the hype is out of the question, all they needed to do was finish the story. Gabe said in an interview that his involvement in HL was a mistake, but how was it a mistake if people loved it? I can't find any other reason for hindering the project other than blackmail or the mafia. Even through all of this HAPPENING they have been so very silent.

I just wanted to see more of the HL universe. Is that really too much to ask?

Simple, most of the old guard involved in Half Life are gone at this point and Valves flat structure makes them unable to push out a release on their own out of the door.

Yes of course, but BEFORE that? The autistic VNN, god bless him, even found out that HL3 was being worked on around 2012 and 2014, but after that, nothing. Reading the story transcript, it even seemed like a straightforward project. They even had developer commentaries for EP1 and 2 where they stated they had all of this never before seen technology and techniques to work with. Why the sudden slump? And why aren't they admitting anything?

Well, game devs tend to keep mum about their failures. Failed prototypes, abandoned mechanics, games stopped because the publisher dropped funding etc and we never hear a tenth of it.

As for Valve, I can't only speculate about the internal climate there. Probably a few holdouts doing a labor of love that never caught on because the other 80% of devs at Valve do fucking whatever (probably fucking around to pad out their portfolios and resumes).

because makes you seem edgy and contrarian while not really being controversial because nobody wants to defend valve

Because there's no reason for them to now when they get millions more from making skins

Suck my dick faggot I know halloween drops are tied to contracts now. That's why I'm fucking worried.