Politics

Every single video game has a political message. Even games without stories or even text of any kind.

Do you have to agree with a game's political message in order to enjoy it?

You can pull a political message out of kitchen utensils if you really want to, that doesn't mean they're pushing some political message.

What?

no. the political message has nothing to do with the gameplay, level design, art style, etc.

I just played a round of Minesweeper because I was too lazy to turn on another game, what's the political message in Minesweeper?

Okay
Please explain your reasoning further you fucking idiot

What's Frogger's political message smartass?
Donkey Kong?
Earthworm Jim?
Asteroids?
Arkanoid?
Q*Bert?
Banjo Kazooie? I thought so.

The only people who think this are people who look for politics where it doesn't exist.
People commonly say Tetris is about communism, but the creator isn't a communist and the game was made as a test software that turned out to be kind of fun.

Every game with a story has a tone; that tone isn't always political. You could argue Brave Fencer Musashi is pro-monarchy and anti-empire, but that doesn't mean it's promoting feudalism or the outsourcing of european heroes to japan.

Holy shit is that a political reference?!?!?!

No, but FF10 does have politics.

Brown kid's going to grow up to explode and kill someone?

BAIBA!

Shit, time to decipher what this game means

pong is super fucking political. It's about the upper classes represented by the player, pushing refugees and poor people into the other player's "country" or goal.

The most political game I played was Audiosurf. Thanks to that game I'm a gay communist furry that goes to leftypol.

I prefer the clean version

Yes absolutely, having other people's garbage agendas rammed down your throat completely ruins the experience.

On the other hand are you sure its a political message and not just unintended bias?

Are politics the JoJo reference of dank memes?

Politics is what people try to make as boring as possible so that people start hating freedom, so yes.

God damn this shit makes me cringe

Yeah, that's why the clean version is objectively better and it's an example of censorship being good. The late 90s/early 2000s were filled with cringy sexual songs. Member this?

A game about the 2007 recession,

How dare you say that to me. This is America. I'm gonna shoot you out of premeditated malice and will get like 5 years tops.

Ah! think again, I'm gonna commit mass rapes of children in the name of Satan and I'm going to get -5 years minimum, negating your sentence.

A game which demonstrates Nietzsche's philosophy in detail.

How are you gonna rape children while you're in prison tho

Both Holla Forums, Holla Forums and all kinds of *Holla Forums need to fuck off videogames and go back to their moral crusades.

A game covering the deception fed to us by the meat and dairy industry, the myth that is the small farm in the countryside.

Beforehand.

This game has my favorite political message:
Fuck Sanfran.

No wait, I fucked up, let me do that again:

Here, try making your own:

I like this one:

You say this in jest, but out there is an idiot who believes this and you may have validated his beliefs.

good job aho

Problem is more from leftists as they're the ones fucking with videogames. Look what happened last time some one right wing tried to crusade against vidya.

While some games are made with a political message in mind, most are not. Being able to project your beliefs onto it and fabricate one into it to suit you narrative doesn't change that fact.

HORSESHOE

I bet people use that against you a lot :)

The creator is dead. Anything can be about anything.

Also, I hate this trend you have to agree with the creators message in the art and their politics outside of the art to appreciate their stuff. I don't care about the message. As long as they present it in an interesting way that is either fun or worth thinking about.

Even better if the creator represents their ideas in a nuanced way that gives my ideas a fair shake but in the end shows that they're right.

Also, games can be apolitical. However, some people will say this assuming that the ideas that they've inserted into their game aren't political in nature when in reality they are.

My political message is not important what is important is the repeating numerals that i will get , the dubs that i will check .My digitside crusade begins…now

They're the one's fucking with videogames because they're the ones in power.
Extremists are widely diferent in goals but fairly similar in methods to achieve said goals:
Imagine a lone dick. It gets erect one day and decides it's gonna stick it's head into everyone's elses lives. The dick gets happy and everyone gets fucked.
Could the dick keep to itself? Maybe. But it's an EXTREMIST DICK, it must dictate what you can and can't enjoy.

The only diferent between left-wing SJW's and right-wing SJW's is that one is a woman pretending to be a man and the other is a man pretending to be a woman.

This would be better if you didn't use spaces before punctuation like an utter spastic

Democrat Simulator 2008

Solid dubs

Consider them checked

Horshoe happens when extremists drop the economical scale (and discussion) and get bogged down in identity politics.
People wanna chop of their balls? Let them.
People wanna fill their ass with paint, shit it out and sell it for 2000$? Let them.
People WANT to buy shat-out art for 2000$? Let them.

Try to be the moral guardian of the world is like being an auxiliary in a mental retardation institute: you bust your ass off to make sure no kid runs in traffic, but at the end of the day they're still retarded and the next day little Timmy's damaged "bwain" will make him chase another ball on the oncoming lane.

That should be the new name for Holla Forums:
"Shepards of Retards and normalfags".
Great title there, goes well with the mass of redditors they invited to the site.

>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/suicide/

Horseshoe is just a means of focusing on things that are important to you
Communists would use horseshoe theory to focus on how Libertarians and Fascists are not interested in fixing the wealth disparities caused by Capitalism
Left Libertarians would note how they actually reduce the rules of society whereas authoritarians don't and Right Libertarians only are against authoritarianism as long as its agaisnt the government, but don't care about rules imposed by the owner of property, so someone that owns a road can order you to do anything while you are in it.

I didn't even think too hard to make this rebuttal, enjoy your joke theory.

H O R S E S H O E
O
R
S
E
S
H
O
E

The power of Horseshoe compels you!

BEGONE FOUL SOCCER MOM

>>>/tumblr/

Let's tax your ass and sponsor shat out art while your children are taught that it's the best art imaginable then.

Fine by me at least i'm not an extremist.

yeah, no, fuck off Holla Forums

People who think like this are fucking cancer. I see all those sjw/leftypol brand of retards looking for this (or just making it up as usual) "issue" with what they "play" or "critique", and they need to die.

Also answer what said.

So what is the argument here?

Are you a fucking blacksmith? Cause unless you've been smithing 50 horseshoes per-day, I don't see where your horse-shoe authority comes from.

You just linked the 3 majors sources of cancer that Holla Forums brought on board. On their board. On this board. On all boards.
No wait, you forgot Twitter, because you can't be full-power cancer without having a brigade of mentally defective LARPERS unless you're constantly crossposting 8ch on Twitter so your grandmother comes visit the place.

Horseshoe is real, and you're living proof of it.
No arguments, only finger pointing while you stoke the fire to burn the heretic at the stake.
If you chopped of your dick and dressed in rosy checkers, you'd be anita 2.0
As it stands, you're just an outdated Jack Thompson.

Christ this place has really been going down the shitter

Okay nevermind lets all fuck off

Bullshit

That user's solution was let everybuddy do what they want though, what's your solution user.

It's about Cambodia and how war is bad.

Are there any intellectually stimulating games out there made with many various cultural and political aspects to it?
I would like to play a game that wasn't written by brainlets or at the very least is centered around old mythology from specific cultures.

This is how mentally defective you actually are.
Reported.
lol see image
That's you, not me.
lol you
lol you're mentally ill

Ya'll responding to a (1) and done OP. Checking for this first will help you avoid taking the bait!

>>>/cancer/

Alright, let's fight paint-shitting. For months.
Look, after 40 days we finnaly convinced everyone that shitting paint isn't art, great.
Now they're snorting it and sneezing it.

The point is that you can't fight it by exerting control over people. You have to SHOW them good art. If you have to tell them what's good instead of telling them what's bad.

If you do the first, they're free to experiment and try new things with a gentle nudge here and there in the good path.
If you do the second, it's a constant battle every single day because they have no fucking guidelines, they have no idea what the fuck to do and simply know that if they fuck up, the Fuhrer is gonna go ballistic on their ass.

Yeah, but now I'm triggering Holla Forumsedancers that wondered into the wrong neighbourhood.

The left, ladies and gentlemen.

This faggot derrailed the thread about an interview with the lead designer of the newest AC the other day in the same manner

user you ever run into normalfags. Marketing controls their ass every single day and they don't even know it.

Lurk more, newfag.

Never change, Holla Forums.

Finding historical games that aren't strategy is difficult. If you're fine with it being a fantasy game based off of historical things, there's plenty out there.

How any logical game can have this message?
Not really, but devs lack skill and to do this well in current year.

You can shove this horseshoe into your ass.

no

/thread

Left part should read
Right part should be moved to bottom part, and should be replaced with

i have no face

sup reddit

LMAO, this ain't your hugbox fuckboi.

But it's okay when it's us doing it, right?

I saw a nigger a couple of days ago rob someone. He made a quickbuck with 0 work.
Maybe I should start mugging people too?

WHITE SHARIA IS REAL, AND IT'S HERE
VIDYA ACKBHAR

Do you know why horseshoes have two ends?
You stick on end on the left's aids-ridden ass and the other end on the right's morally defective ass.

The hardest part is finding space: you have to dislodge the broom both have stuck up their asses to make room.

Reported.

This is you. Reported.

nice strawman
Someone is always going to be doing the controlling and when there's no centralized theme the marketers just appeal to the base instincts of people until society becomes a hedonistic mess that collapses.

You're assuming that I think that people know how to make the best decision for themselves and I don't think that's necessarily true.

Post Modernism also defines taking a shit as having a political message.
You wanna play this game with that failed thought structure go the fuck ahead.

Hey, you're the morons trying to get your Iman to ban the heretics that do not follow the Quran Mein Kempft.
That shit doesn't work outside your Mosque.
I'm not even sure which one, to me Holla Forums and Holla Forums are like Shiiets and Whabists: as long as they're blowing each other (in the battlefield and in the bedroom) shit's fine, but you come on my backyard and I'll set up anti-personnel mines.

I learned a new word today. Didn't even know this was a thing. Also glad to know how bullshit it can be.

Meredy was a cute, to bad her mom was such a bitch, but damn did her mom have titties.

By that logic every single thought and action someone makes has a political message, because all your thoughts are based on the society you grew up in. So thats a stupid statement to make. At least that what uncle Skullface said before wanting to give everyone voice aids.

Having morals is one thing.
Pushing those morals onto others forecfully is Zelatroy.
Justifying murder with your morals while also defending the right to live with the same morals is being morally defective.
How many threads have been on Holla Forums were they openly claim "we should colonize africa and kill all the niggers lmao".
Or the "We should kill weak people, they're dragging us down".
I especially like the "We should kill people based on the shape of their earlobes, there's a 17% chance they have kikish ancestry based on phrenology."

Holla Forums is pseudo-science and confirmation bias 24/7, non stop. Sucks too, because the place was a lot more chill before all the "MAGApedes" were invited in.

8/v/ always was Holla Forums-lite especially after gamergate.
They are less annoying than Holla Forums at least.
I admit they can't hide autism well though.

Not always you get possibility to ignore extremists, sometimes you need to choose lesser evil.
I picked right wing, they don't want to kill me for now.

Morally defective based on what moral system user?
Holla Forums's whole core belief might as well be might makes right.
Also every nation is defended by an army and a government which has the authority to make war and to kill if necessary, is that morally defective?

>didn't know about Horseshoe
It's the Powerword : KILL for Holla Forums and Holla Forums.
Ther former get offended because you're associating them with a bunch of gay commies, the later get offended because you're lumping them with deranged lunatics.

I've tried to de-rail their off-topic threads here with many things, but I think "horseshoe" is the best tactic. There's not a single word with a better insult-to-size ratio.

I'm perfectly fine with playing Fantasy games or even science fiction, I just don't want it to be unrealistic left-wing garbage or melodramatic.

Bretty cool man. Teach me to be that cool.

It has. Until we got the catalog filled with Holla Forums and videogames nowhere in sight.
I don't mind when both boards come visit, it's like when Holla Forums visits /tg/: everyone has a laugh, some strange/stupid threads happen and it's a riot.

It's a diferent matter when a foreign board-culture takes root, de-rails threads and forces the topic to go their way.
And hey, if Holla Forums gets to fight Holla Forums site-wide with no care about who gets caught in the crossfire, why can't the bystanders get their meme-canons and blast them two?

3 way wars are the best kind of wars.
I consider myself an extreme-centrists.
That's right, you heard me. The EXTREME CENTER is a thing now.

Is this a theoretical scenario, or are you retarded? Do you even remember what "politics" means anymore?

Of course, no shit, I mean unless you're the kind of person who enjoys being told what to think.

You realize you're not on Holla Forums, right?
Reported.

Fact is not zealotry.
Execution for committing crimes is not murder.
Except you've invented this hypocrisy based on your lack of knowledge.
None.
None.
LOL THIS FAGGOT THINKS HIS PAID SHILLING WILL DISCREDIT US
Prove your claim or don't make it.
We don't want them. They were never invited. You have no argument.

reported

Nah, its been around.

Entire board is already filled with socjus shit, left attempts at propaganda or making memes and virtue signaling.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums fight against each other all the time though.
Just report them on another boards to prevent derailment.

Enjoy getting destroyed by attacks from both of them.
EXTREME CENTER always seemed to me as worst kind of normalfaggotry to be honest.

not an argument

Here's a secret, buddy: I'm right-wing too. And not the pozzed alt-kike version, true 1488 kind.

But I don't want Holla Forums encroaching on other boards. Even on a Natsoc society, the liberties of it's citizens must be ensured. You must give the people the possibility of fucking up. If they do, it's their choice and they're to blame. IF you don't salvaguard that, when they suceed, it's you that suceeded, and they aren't any better or worse for it.

That's wrong, but if something does include a political message it's best not to pick a side. Provide the reasoning for it and against it that leave it up to the player to form their own opinions.

There's a mental illness involved, but I'm not sure you can where.

And they were the best.

Nah, entire board is filled with commies trying to convice the userbase to join their hollow "boicots" and piracy for piracy sake fighting with Larpers that constantly post thread about "what games were I can kill niggers" and "this game is good but the guy that did it is a commie, so the game is now retroactively shit".

I want both of those groups tied to a rocket and fired into the sun.

After already admitting to being a shill, do you really think anyone will fall for this?

Reported.

Serious question, what would count as an extreme center? I see three types of neutrals that would seem to fit a solid center.

Obviously the worse one, but its never a good idea to have somebody way in on something if they know nothing about it or are completely unaffected by it.
Obviously the best ideal center, but I guess wouldn't really be neutral at that point.
Everyone seems to hate compromises now. I get why, since slippery slopes is an actual thing, and doing an action that "makes everyone happy" ends up making no one happy.

I can't think of any other ones. I'm sure there has to be some more neutral solution.

And now fuckers will harass children at schools, and try to convince them to take hormones.
And now art schools are filled with narcissistic talentless hacks looking to get rich quick.

Listen, I understand completely what you mean, and it's something that always bothers me. But letting people get away with stupid shit to themselves, just makes it easier for people to get away with doing stupid shit to other people. It just never fails to cause a chain reaction that just leads to more problems.

Fact is not Zealotry.
Repeating a fact 50 times in the face of someone that politely asked you to shut the fuck up after the first 20 is Zealotry.
Well now, we just have to define what a crime is, right? The left would happily tell you that wrong-think is a crime. Therefore, it's not murder to kill people who wrong think.
I'm sure everyone on the right is much more trustworthy and noone would ever warp the laws/definition of "crime" to get someone they dislike killed. Not in a million years.
Well, I believe you. It seems you just arrived 3 weeks ago after misclincking a link on /t_d/ and someone said something about Holla Forums that you had to check. In your short time here I don't expect you to have seen the "S.A. Identity" threads, or the "Reconquista Africana". Or that one time 300 retards gave 5 dollars each to buy an island on the south coast of africa and start their nation.
If they were Holla Forumsirgins, they'd know a campaign run on kikestarter is a bad idea. But they're newly arrived from reddit, the land where kikestarter can do no wrong.
Nigger, noone needs to pay a cent to discredit phrenology. It's as scientific as facilitated comunication, dream-study or Freudian psycology. You can't tell the religion of someone based on their ears with 100% certainty. Everytime a kike with short-nose shows up on Holla Forums there's 50 posts of "Shit, is he really a kike? Man, I'm so confus, where da nose?"

OiamIamlaffing
The board of pseudo-science demands OTHERS prove their claims. That's priceless. I'm not even sure what claim you want me to prove, did you just yell "prove it" to not sound like a quack anymore?
Nigger, I lurk and post on Holla Forums. We had months with people crossposting on reddit and rallying posters to "redpill the normalfags" on twitter. It stopped now at least, but it took a fuckton of months for most of Holla Forums to realize they fucked up and got swarmed with moderates and normalfags.

None of those. That's for Cuckkings and morons. The one's I call SJW-center.
The Center Extremists swings from right to left at a moments notice as the country needs.
One day you seize the means of production and re-possess the factories from the hands of the burgeois, the next day you enslave the jews and make them work on those factories.
You must let the free-market handle things and everyone can pursue their capitalistic dreams until someone goes too far and corrupt the notion, then you grab your gun and shoot them dead while impriosing their capitalistic ass in a gulag.
You have to give people free food-coupons, and even vice-coupons so they can afford food, cigarrets and marijuana. But everyone who uses this system is a sub-human that can't live on it's own and must ride the back of the bus, be denied entrance in bars and barred from school.

It's not hard to understand the EXTREME CENTER. Just be EXTREME all-around and don't limit yourself to any of the two extremes.
ALL-EXTREMES are welcome but in equal moderation, since we're feministic Nazis that fight for the equality of Jews dying just as fast as niggers.

Chopping your balls off is your choice and shouldn't be illegal.
Harassing kids with your dick-stump should (and already is) a crime.
Paiting literal shit should be their choice.
Artschools who follow market tendencies should be de-funded by the state.

It's not hard mate. You don't have to kill everyone who disagres with you to save them.

Nope. It's just fact. Either accept it or enjoy being killed.
Raping a child is a crime. Truth is objectively defined. No one cares what the left thinks.
Correct. You are simply mentally ill.

And you seem resonable, so I'll tell you an actual non-shitposting opinion.

I agree with this point. Once retards normalize it to themselves, they think this is normal for everyone too.
This is wrong though. You know why? Because there's always people like you and me standing ready to point a gun at the guy and politely inform him that if his mutilated genitalia go an inch closer to the little kid, his brain will go several inches closer to that wall.

As long as there's people to bully and tell retards that they're fucking retards, the world won't be as shit as we think it is.

nice

Damn return button.
Thanks. It's good that you admit to having no evidence for your claims.
K. And? No one cares about your paid shilling disinformation.
lol, doesn't even remotely happen.
So you have no evidence. Thanks for admitting you're lying.
Prove your claim or don't make it.
Probably your claim that what Holla Forums says is pseudoscience, given that that's what was replied to, YOU ILLITERATE SELF-ADMITTED SHILL.
We don't want you there.
Yes, and? They were never invited. Try harder.

lol

I think it's a mix between first and third one.
Complet
There are few centrists, which pretend to have 180+ IQ and knowledge about everything for some ego stroking.

You have cognitive dissonance.
First you say you are right-wing and then shortly after you say that you are centrist.
I think you just want to make inter-board drama and make 8ch look like hellscape.

I'm not even saying you're wrong, you shit eater.
I'm telling you that you can only repeat the same shit so many times before people get tired about hearing you rant about niggers for the 2000th time.

Remember "Epic"? That word was used so much that it not only lost it's meaning, it was cringeworthy. A post on 2009 Holla Forums claiming "this is game is epic!" would garner 127 post of ">epic" and assorted shitposting.
Pick your fights and pick your enemies. Preaching to the choir only gets the choir bored of your dumbass.

And you have autism. You'd think typing EXTREME CENTRIST in all caps would clue you in that it was a joke, but you're either autistic or german because it went right over your head.

lol deal with it
No one gives a flying fuck what you think.
It is necessary to repeat the truth over and over again because the falsehoods around us are also being constantly repeated, not by individuals, but by the masses, in newspapers, in encyclopedias, in the schools, and at the universities. Everywhere falsehood is on top, comfortable and secure in the knowledge that the majority is on its side. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cry harder, SELF-ADMITTED SHILL. No one gives a fuck what you have to say.
lol, which is totally the example you've been giving thus far, right?

Yeah, he admitted to being a paid shill.
He claimed to be a centrist.
He then claimed to be a leftist.
He then claimed to be right-wing.
Report all his posts.

I actually mean shit like this. This is a direct result of allowing tranny shit.
How can one be so devoid of empathy for their fellow man?

lmao
I'm sure the Holla Forumsmods will intervene and erase all this dissent and wrongthink ;^)

And yet you assume everyone does about what YOU think.
What YOU say is the TRUTH and you're gonna say it regardless if people want to hear it or not. Because YOU don't give a flying fuck about what everyone thinks, you're RIGHT and that's all that matters, suck it up.
You should write a book, call it "How to be a stuck asshole with a superiority complex in 10 easy steps". Then repeat "Yell at people" 10 times.

lol
Nope. Your liberal mental illness is exposed. You cannot comprehend a worldview other than your own, and so you assume that because you think truth does not exist and that all opinions are valid, that everyone else will think that all opinions are valid, too. But no, what I "think" doesn't matter. Truth matters.
lol already written. It's called The Communist Manifesto.

this post reads as" im 14 and i just found out about 8chon, am i edgy yet? heil hitler XD"

Either contribute to the discussion or fuck off.

Leftists really are just people who always have to be correct and don't care about what's actually right or wrong.

witness the mental disease of the right who can't comprehend reality

Yep, reported.

I hope for the sanity of Holla Forums or what ever remains of it that one day we find the cure for autism or all of you fags have a heart attack so that everything doesn't have to turn into retards flinging at each other like nigger chimps at the drop of a hat

Wasn't that always the point? The issue though is what would be considered "advantageous" in the choices available. What do you do in a situation where both suggested solutions look unappealing? Although I get what you where saying joking or not. Swing between the two sides when needed could be seen as a type of "compromise" though. Any reasonable person should be doing this instead of ad-hearing to a specific set of guide lines created by an existing political party. That I think is one of the biggest problems. "I'm gonna vote X party because I always vote that party."

Still, I think my question is different to what you where originally suggesting. Removing any previous notion of currently active political parties, what would be the most "neutral" decision. On a pure logical level. I now have
Assuming you aren't just randomly going back and forth on them. I think that is what voters should be doing ideally anyway. Picking what best suits them/the society. Its that what best suits "them" won't always best suit the "society" and vice versa.

That sounds dangerously like kicking it down the road until the problem hits critical mass though, and then doing the absolute minimal so that you can continue kicking it down further. Though that does sound pretty neutral.

Post more ancap memes.