Project Nimbus (Pron) thread

Ayo Holla Forums we heard you like mech games! Well that's too bad, because this is a shmup with anime girls and space fighters that have arms and legs but don't use them.
It's not Early Access anymore so en fucking joy.
mega.nz/#!lXwESZ7a!4NQcVyaPgaxzWUwPVlAlDI3pLu-cTvzlQs79OJHoNSI

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/257030/discussions/0/1488861734094879146/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like a shitty Ace Combat clone, with god awful mech design. Nips can't design a decent mech to save their lives anymore. Not since Front Mission 1.

So this?

Are you retarded? Nips are the only one who can design mechs. Kys normalfag.

Bulky western mechs > slick fragile jap mechs

Nigger it looks nothing like Armored Core.
Also game is made by thai ladyboys, not nips.

Sorta yeah.

If I wanted to play a game where I control a relatively slow, giant durable boxy platform for artillery because realism reasons, I'd just go play a tank game (which I do). In terms of tank combat, the west has the east beat. But no western mecha game has ever come close to the high speed fighting on both land and in air with fluid transitions in between that Jap mech games usually possess.

I don't even give a shit about this thread, I just want to pop in and tell you you're retarded.

A mech cannot possibly out perform a fighter jet in the air, thus taking to the air would be suicide. Weebs need to actually take a moment and think before they actually fucking post.

Also
You must be 18 to post on this board.

This is made by Thai actually

This isn't mechwarrior living legends.

Apparently this shit is ported to PS4 by 3rd party and is getting some impressive graphics update.
Some steamfags are pissed by this and say they won't buy steam version because of this.
steamcommunity.com/app/257030/discussions/0/1488861734094879146/

Maybe your shitty western mechs can't.

You just admitted that they're slower than eastern ones since you think they can't keep up with a fighter jet.

What if I like a slow "realistic" mech over a retarded fast ZoE-like one? Tanks are not the same.

If we were talking about real life mechs, you'd be right about fighter jets outperforming them. Hell, tanks would outperform west or east mechs on the ground too. Except we're not talking about real life, we are talking about video games. And whereas games designed around western mechs have slow gameplay where you are a juggernaut, which ends up being inferior to tank games in terms of the feeling of driving an indomitable hunk of metal with cannons attached to it, games featuring eastern mechs have high paced action that allows for combat both on foot and in air. That's the key idea here, VIDEO GAMES. ON THE VIDEO GAMES BOARD. Stop shitposting just to try and derail the thread.

A mech of any sort couldn't realistically outperform a slav squatting on a fucking table with balloons strapped onto it. 'Muh bulky mechs' argument for why japanese mechs are gay is about as meaningful as saying 'Bikini armor isn't realistic' when a woman doing anything other than cooking or popping out babies is already supremely absurd.

Did everything wrong.

If you like that kind of mech and games built around that mech, good for you. Enjoy playing those games. But I see no reason to try and eliminate eastern-mech focused games from the industry or ban them from being discussed on this board in threads about mech games like a certain sperg wants to do.

Also why slowfags constantly feel the urge come and shit up every mech thread basically killing robot games discussion on Holla Forums?
Reminder to not give them any (you)s and just filter the fuckers.

Because you weeb faggots shit up every Mech thread.

Don't be rude to our weebfriends now user.

You are not getting the concept I am trying to get across. In the ==video games== industry (the core concept of this board), western mech games tend to focus on slower, "grander" robots with a focus on the robot being a heavy duty weapons platform. You see this in games like Titanfall or Mechwarrior, where even the fastest moving mechs are slow compared to mechs in Jap games, which zip around like jets on crack (e.g. Gundam, Zone of The Enders). Neither game is attempting adhere entirely to realistic designs, because even a western mech would be an overly complicated, finicky waste of resources that's easily targetable by enemy artillery, and would have been better off having the metal and fuel used for extra conventional tanks instead. Instead, both mechs appeal to different audiences through their ==VIDEO GAMES'== gameplay. The Japs have far faster paced games with heavy emphasis on freedom of movement that plays almost like a fighter (helped along by the designs that are almost 100% matchable to the human form). The west focuses on more of a "mobile artillery vehicle commander" role, with more focus on targetting specific hardpoints or locations on enemies to disable their capabilities or outright destroy them, at a slower pace than the frenetic east. In my case, I prefer faster gameplay, so I go for the Jap games and mechs instead. None of this deals with whether or not western tabletop settings say a particular model in its universe is faster than another model in that same universe, because we are comparing two entirely different fictional universes/design philosophies and the ==VIDEO GAMES== designed around them. And ultimately, the ==VIDEO GAMES== for Jap mechs are generally faster paced than the ==VIDEO GAMES== for western mechs.

It's a shame SEGA will never remake Chromehounds for PC, and that MAV looks worse than Chromehounds did on the 360, not to mention no story mode or the multiplayer faction war that Chromehounds had

Didn't M.A.V. dev posted on Holla Forums at some point?
Will that piece of shit ever have any coherent singleplayer mode or it's forever stuck in feature creeping sandbox mode?

No idea, I tried looking up recent videos of the game, and shit looks comically bad, massive low quality explosions, destroyed parts turning into massive sheets of charred metal wreckage, and just overall lower visual quality than Chromehounds. That, and the part menu in the garage looks like stock Unity menus, which just helps to make the game look like a low effort Unity project. And for some reason, the most recent videos I can find are between 4-8 months old, and I can't tell if the uploaders sped them up for less rendering time on the video, or if the game is just actually that fast now.

That's sad.
It's cool to have passion project and all but he obviously bit more than he could chew.

The worst part is that in looking at their site, both the forums and the comments on any news posts, is nothing but praise, not a single bit of criticism. On some patch notes that had a few weapon balance changes, this is the dev response to one of the people praising him.
"

MAV has the best community, really. I think this is the first gaming project I have ever been on that a community member said ‘I like your balance changes more than what I suggested’.

Today, you are awesome, and you made my life better with your awesomeness!"

Seems like a case of listening to Reddit.

Mcfucking kill yourself for posting this shit. This game is the biggest waste of money on my steam account. Your trailers looked mediocre at best, but I love mecha games and wanted to encourage them, and it STILL disappointed.

If only it could handle so well. It "plays" like armored core controls but on a frictionless hockey rink of infinite speed, in a bad way. You have no sense of speed because of the relative lack of landmarks, and most enemies will be killed with one button press to fire an autoaim instant win attack from beyond visual range. The game is so ridiculous that you rarely if ever actually see what you are shooting at, enemies only appear as target boxes. Even in armored core acquiring a lock was not just "enemy on screen? Locked". Project shitfail is TRASH and you are trash. Nobody legitimately likes this game that has ever played any good mech games. Any. Even the gundam musou games are better mech games than this. Fuck, you could at least shill for the chromehounds clone that dropped steam, that's at least had some effort put into it.

TLDR your game is trash OP