So do you think CD project will stay true to what they said about the game having classic pen and paper RPG mechanics...

So do you think CD project will stay true to what they said about the game having classic pen and paper RPG mechanics or will they dumb it down like they did with the graphics of The Witcher 3?
The only thing making me hyped for this game is the idea of a big budget classic style RPG.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/YNyrY
archive.is/Xqzc4
nexusmods.com/witcher3/news/12550/?page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=3131980&pUp=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

poop

At least the PnP RPG creator said they are very much doing just that. I think he is overseeing much of that stuff.

How do graphics correlate with gameplay?
They downgraded W3 so I could run on consoles, and even then toaster fags cried that they can't run it on their 10 years old gpus.

Is this supposed to be a good thing? Tabletop mechanics thoughtlessly rammed into video games is exactly why certain PC RPGs of the late '90s and early '00s were such trashheaps.

Wasn't there some recent fairly major problems with this game's development?

no, the leak thing was a PR stunt those ebin hackers :^)

i was about to come in and write this as well, kudos

Come the fuck on, the entire point of this is what gameplay we get out of it, having an open world cyberpunk city to explore and do runs in would be fukken amazing.

I don't think that's what they mean, doubt there will be dice-rolling and the like.
It's more likely to be using the stats, skills and having them affect the same things or having the same type of character progression.

Pen and Paper mechanics is made for pens and paper. That about answers your question.

I'll be really disappointed if the game turns out to be a turn based rpg.

I hope its open world Deus Ex+GTA. All classes are viable (I always like to imagine a Netrunner can complete the entire game from their apartment, as one example), many play styles, lots of stats and differences. Stealth, shooting, explosives, melee, hacking, tech, gadgets and more should be present.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets dumbed down and they screw up the graphics because of consoles (I'm not much of a graphics fag but W3 didn't have good optimization, at least initially). In fact, bank on that to happen.

You're fucking nigger.
I'll be disappointed if it WON'T be a turn-based game.

Nah, you always have to get contacts, and while you can meet a lot of interesting people on the Net, even place orders to get new hardware, not going outside is restricting yourself out of the backalley market for used spare parts.
Plus, using actual cash instead of credits is far less likely to leave a trail.
You could hire someone else to do this for you, but then he's a hook to you and it has to be someone you rely on, another weak point in your system.

Don't forget as well that many companies have closed down networks for internal use only, with no access to the exterior specifically for this.
You'll always need to be there physically, wired to one of their machines to actually get into the good shit, which is why you'll hire meatshie- teammates to back you up and extract once your job is done. Shit's easy, lots of dumb GI Joe types want to feel like they're in an action movie, just pretend they are team leader while you do your thing (and then turn them over once you're done).

Fuck you, we already have Shadowrun for turn-based cyberpunk game, it's time for an actual FPS-RPG so we finnaly get some decent action without all the shitty simplifications that DXHR had.

Thanks but no thanks. I want real cyberpunk CRPG, not some gay ass fantasy trash.

So you want looter shooter? Go play fucking bordelrands.

What are the best in class non-shooter cyberpunk games?
it always feels like you need the perspective of a first person game for the cramped alleys and corporate skyscrapers to actually work. Really it feels like that to me for any games where the setting is made by the environment.

I thought they had always said the game was going to be a third person "hardcore" shooter, though I remember them saying they wanted to give the player the chance to choose different backgrounds, some that don't even fight, that will all approach situations differently.

That being said, I don't know what they'll do, they haven't really released any new information. The most we know is that they are supposedly researching/developing Souls styled drop-in multiplayer and drivable vehicles.

I said a Netrunner can complete the game without ever leaving their apartment, not that its the best option or the only option. Variety and different approaches is what I think should be their main focus. Make each class feel different, have different strengths and weaknesses. I also think they should have a social aspect, hanging out at clubs, movies, drug dens etc. to add some nice diversions to the main story.

I have high hopes for that game, if it isnt at least on the level of witcher im gonna firebomb CDPR offices.

Regardless of how the game turns out, people will still be dissapointed.

We know it's going to be big, the question is if it will be another Witcher 3. Namely, a well written by mechanically simplistic game, or something more akin to a Deus Ex game set in city sandbox with stat checks in dialogue.

Honestly i wouldnt complain if it was similar to witcher, but with better (FPS) combat and gun mechanics

I think it will be very similar. Likely a big city, with perhaps some outskirts to add a bit of variety. Combat will be melee, guns, explosives, gadgets, maybe hacking that will be Axii.

Im curious how will they deal with guns, if the will work similar to w3 crossbow, eg. autolock third person im gonna be very pissed

Fucking casuals.

>what is every single game made with drooling retards consoles in mind

Did you support scam citizen as well?
It's going to have every single feature and will feature a life-like economy, in addition taking damage will hurt you in real life.
>>>/suicide/

It's going to be an underwhelming experience with online similar to gta:o and observe_canines, streamlined and simplified for console friends so CDPR can recuperate costs of advertising
i don't understand why is anyone getting excited for 5th CDPR game, where each one was worse than the previous, with 4th being a meme card game.

I hope not. Think they have enough sense to have you aim, skills likely make it easier and maybe an upgrade/augmentation for lock-on.

A shitty port by incompetent devs who didn't know how to work with the hardware they had.

i enjoyed gwent

You're fucking retard.

How could you possibly ask this question? Did you never play Witcher 3?

CDPro is mainstream triple A now.

they downgraded the witcher 3 because they are incompetent programmers and the game still has stuttering issues on a fucking titan x. and it still ran like garbage on 40% of PCs that tried playing it.

Despite all its downfalls i enjoyed W3 and its expansions.
It was a good game in my opinion

Did YOU fucking play it?

This. What good is insane graphics that need top tier cards when its poorly optimized anyway?

I love W3, will be playing them all again soon. It certainly has its problems, mainly the combat and leveling but is still great.

I recently finished blood and wine and was so pissed that the queen died from the hands of her own sister, i trough that witchers are supposed to have superhuman reflexes and yet geralt didnt even flinched

Yes. Well written. Good characters, VA and music. Standard open world mechanics and shallow gameplay.

I finished it because of the story not because of the gameplay. Disappointed that CDPro ignored witcher 1 and 2. Something Bioware at least tried with Dragon Age.

pathetic

Ignored in what way? The story progressed, chars from w2 and w1 reappear and and are mentioned in the game, just as events form w2

Yes

archive.fo/YNyrY

I have a 1060. It can run W3 on mostly Ultra at 60FPS.

Again, what good is graphics when the optimization is shit? First time I had a 660Ti which by their own admission was a minimum spec card. Couldn't run the game on any setting, despite having above recommended for everything else.

He probably means the lack of styles and preparation. Also how most of W1 and 2 is made irrelevant as barely any of it comes up again.

archive.is/Xqzc4

kys retard

There's nothing to indicate what CDPR plans to do with with 2077. Yes, they might make Witcher 3: Neon Edition, or they might try something more ambitious. You have to admit that each new Witcher game was more ambitious than the last.

To be fair we're likely never going to see a game sequel that takes player agency into account to what we want it to be. Too many resources spent for too little payoff.

I see no point in discussing the game with no gameplay footage or at least some in-depth explanation of its mechanics. AFAIK, right now the only thing we have is a cinematic trailer that doesn't showcase anything other than the general style.

Not true. Liberty City was split in 3 districts with loading screens between them (Portland, Staunton, Shoreside Vale). Sure, each district was seamless and rather sizeable by itself, but unlike DX they had no persistence. If you were to leave a car outside a garage it would despawn once you looked away.

I totally forgot about those load screens. Did San Andreas on consoles had them too?

Elves and other faggots are just mutant races, but even then they don't detract from the cyberpunk theme at all.
If cyberpunk for you is strictly the visual side of it, you should hang yourself.

I just complained that DXHR is a shitty simplified game and you deduce from this that I want an even simpler game? Get fucked, you're too retarded to post.

No, SA was the first game to get rid of loading screens completely. IIRC, the only changes between console and PC versions are two-player mode (only on console), replay system and MP3 player (only on PC) and absence of some GFX on PC (reflections, sun glare, dynamic color filters) on top of a load of bugs (like all cars being permanently dirty in release version).

Well, yes! Of course OP! It will be very faithful! So faithfull it never ever will be released and always be stayed just a classic pen and paper game. :^)

That's enough true tot he format to you?

Okay fuckers, tell me RIGHT FUCKING NOW why you're hyped for this game.
There is ZERO gameplay footage.
There are NO in-game screenshots.
There are only extremely vague descriptions of gameplay.
There has been barely any updates or new information revealed since the game was announced - 5 years ago.

The Witcher 3 turned out too be shit, why would this vaporware be any different?

You are shit and so are your opinions

cdpr fans can't see basic flaws in game design and cyberpunk fags are desperate

I had fun with it. Sure, it wasn't the best game ever, but neither was Fallout 1.

No one here is telling you to get madly hyped, but so far we know almost nothing about the game. I reserve my judgement until CDPR decides to show what they've been up to.

Agreed but its fine by me since i have shit PC
Legit complaint
If you read the books you would know that you are wrong
Agreed, but it still was pretty good
Could be a little bit more complex, but its fine
How is that a bad thing?

Other then that we get a great story, great atmosphere, great characters, memorable quests, top tier soundtrack and over 80h worth of content

A shame but they couldn't even do the current graphics too well. Wanting even more would make the game worse.
Fuck them for that.
This was always the goal with the games though. It doesn't fit, which is why B&W and HoS is regarded as some of the best content in the series.
Opinions. I thought it dropped after Kaer Morhen.
So, like the others then? The combat has always been the weakest part of the games. W3 is bad, but still better than 1 and 2.
Opinions again. Doesn't really bother me.

Because we haven't had a decent cyberpunk shooter in a fucking long while.
The closest thing to it would be Technomancer if you replace hacking with shooting lightning bolts (the rest of the atmosphere is pretty great) or the Syndicate remake that was shit anyway.

It's wishfull thinking only user, but it's wishfull thinking for a company that made Witcher 3.
There's no previous game they can botch the story or gameplay from, there's no expectations they can break, and most cyberpunk fags don't actually care that much about grafix to worry about that.

Go play Battlefront or something.

Just like all the others?
There's something fundamentally wrong with you if you play Witcher or even any RPG strictly for the combat.

Personal opinion. Some people like exploring large areas instead of having small corridors and linear progression in their game.
And for a cyberpunk game, a very large city full of different possibilities to handle your missions would be the best option.

Witcher 3 looks incredible, downgrades are barely noticeable, im not even sure whats changed
They released mod tools, idiots cant research beyond 2 articles
nexusmods.com/witcher3/news/12550/?page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=3131980&pUp=1
Every RPG ever has world saving plot
Official story and DLC is incredible, game requires you to slowly level and upgrade equipment until you can do those quests
Combat is fucking complex, you have to wield bombs/traps, crossbow/2 swords and magic at the same time while figuring out what are each monsters weaknesses
Open world is a fucking plus, every game doesnt have to be 1 block Deus Ex, Witcher has 5 distinct areas of the game
Worst complaint has to be that this game has borrowed from many sources(inspiration), only retards who dont know how IP, world/story design is conceptualized care about this

If Cyberpunk takes all that into its settings its already a good game

1 has ridiculous sword mechanics that you have to switch
2 has horrible bosses that 1 hit you

Honestly… the only game I've played that was actually a good vidya implementation of pen and paper RPG rules/mechanics was Dungeons & Dragons Online.

The only two problems I ever had with that game were basically in my own head: too many magic items (Eberron, etc.), and getting used to the stupid 3.5e rules. However, after playing some 4e table-top campaigns I feel the trend was to try to make D&D for fucking casuals. So in that light, at least for me, 3.5e is better.

why are there mana bars in a D&D game?
what are the ranks?
and why is the plane of night so low level that you can do it before 20, or are you a wizard or sorceror with less than 14 con including buffs and gear?

er wait no thats like lvl 30+ stuff, probably your con got reduced by something, but i dont see a list of buffs or debuffs; that implementation imo aint so nice

ah forget it im retarded

How is W3 for modding? Anything worth doing? I have a pirate version and saw someone had difficulty modding their copy, I think because its an update or two behind.

I expect the first game to be halfway decent to attract attention and then every subsequent game to be dumbed down/consolised for greater money. It worked for them last time and all.

I'll address these in reverse order:

Because D&D doesn't have ridiculous high levels. IIRC the highest level in AD&D was 20, and when I had to stop playing DDO the highest level was 14.

I actually don't understand this question.

It's deceiving you. It's actually a spellpoints meter.

Also, yes, I am one of the wizards in that pic (Blacksoul). Check out my 1st and 6th spell hotkeys hehehe.

I was hyped for it before witcher 3 came out. Now I don't know.

Did you even read what you copy-pasted?

Are there any games (of note) that have both pen and paper mechanics and action mechanics, and you can choose to use either?

Not really pen and paper but in Fallout Tactics you can play either in real time or in turn based mode.
I think you can in Arcanum as well.

t. faggot who never played a Witcher game including 3

In DDO you can turn on one of the chatboxes for all the text. You can also turn on the graphics for the dice rolling, but the novelty of seeing rolling dice in the corner forever wore off on me rather quickly.

What I should have said is that DDO is actually both. It's using the pen and paper mechanics in real time. Eg, I love Tumble on all my chars, yes even my wizard. So when you Tumble in DDO the game actually rolls dice like the table top version would. It just happens in real time instead of in turns. I wish more games did this.

polite sage again

How is DDO? I heard it was a dying F2P game.
It certainly can't be worse than Neverwinter Online, that game was a fucking cesspool.
I recall trying DDO a long tim ago but can't remenber much how it was, some neat character progression but I recall that there was some pay2win elements to it? Maybe I've got it wrong, though.

Neverwinter Nights 2 (and maybe 1, didn't play much of that one) also did stuff like this. Tumble was rolled automatically to avoid attacks of oportunity when moving away from people and Concentration was also roled automatically to avoid giving AoO when casting in melee if you turned that mode on or automatically to avoid botching the spell if you were attacked.

I still hate spell stocks, though.

So is this going to be Blade Runner: The Game? Speaking of which, the new movie was surprisingly not awful. It was just very unmemorable.

W1 > W3 > W2

I got super busy with work and had to stop DDO about a year before it went F2P, but my friends that still play say out of all the games that are F2P they did it the best. FWIW when I was playing it was $15/mo. What I'm told is that you can still pay for fast access to the newer content, but they added a way to grind things to unlock it for free. I enjoyed it enough to pay, so even though it's F2P now if I went back I would just pay.

I played Neverwinter Online for a few years with some friends starting in beta. It's not D&D. It doesn't feel like D&D even though the quests are for the most part accurate to some of the books about Drizzt. Neverwinter Online is literally a fantasy skinned Star Trek Online. I'm being 100% serious. All of the mechanics were the same, and after they fired the original devs they actually moved the STO devs over to Neverwinter (this happened just after starships were added to STO, which became "strongholds" in Neverwinter). It even had all the same Perfect World Zen and in-game currency exploits.

The only thing it ever really had going for it was newish graphics, and one point R.A. Salvatore writing. For the better Neverwinter experience just read the damn Sellsword series since that is what the game's story is trying to tell.

Also, IIRC from watching some videos the DDO devs have done a much better job on their Underdark campaign than the Neverwinter devs did.

The way DDO handled it was traditional. You have to rest overnight to get reset your spell points. In dungeons and quests there were limited shrines to rest at too.

it was about as bad as the witcher 2.

having true to pen and paper elements is probably too lofty a goal for a developer to actually succeed in

I feel the biggest issue was open world, if they had scaled back the game size it would have been far superior. Why Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine are far better and enjoyable than the base game. They just fell for the open world meme

That's the thing I find weird. Sure, W3 wasn't as good as it could have been, but then CDPR delivered the expansions and they were excellent, so clearly they know what they're doing.

The queen dying is optional, a lot of it depends on how you deal with her sister and what side you want to choose in regards to the vampires.

That's because the expansion content likely had a much more focused development. Base game had a lot going on, but they probably had a solid idea on what to do with the expansions. They should, if they go back to Witcher, make a game of about five chapters. Each chapter is a B&W/HoS sized questline, in its own decently sized area. Just a collection of short stories, with maybe one running quest throughout.

back to reddit with you, kid

The Witcher 2's main storyline was better then Witcher 3's, and that's pretty much the only way in which W2 is better.

W3 has better side stories, better combat, better map, much larger and actually open world, better and more monster hunts, better voice acting, cinematics, amazing expansions and Gwent was a hell of a lot more entertaining then Dice Poker.
So much in fact that I've started playing the standalone Gwent, which is great if you like complicated card games with high skill ceilings.

That would be a pretty cool idea, though I wish they'd expand their catalog a little first. After 2077 they should do something else, maybe pick some setting that we don't see all that much in RPGs, and by that I mean that I want a Western cRPG with steampunk shit and weird magic.

Except writing and combat.

A few years ago I'd complain about paying a fee and would prefer F2P, now that I have disposable income it doesn't bother me as long as the game is good enough.
Once I get bored of every other thing in my backlog yeah, fucking right I'll die before it's done I'll give it a try.

NWO actually had a lot of drama regarding a guild full of whales who bought their way to success in the game quite literally by dealing with gold farmers. Now this is something that's against the rules and many people got banned for this, but they didn't because they are whales.
A lot of players even talked about it on the forums until they started being banned for discussing this too (apparently it's harassment of that guild) and it got to a point where PvP is mostly dead during whatever hours that guild is active because why even play when gear that they buy with actual money trumps whatever you throw at them, or why compete in events against people that are assured to win it?

It was also one of those games that in every single screen and at every oportunity it could, the game would show you a screen\button flashing where you could spend money. I absolutely hate when games do that shit, stop reminding me of my wallet already. Dropped PS2 for this too.

Just in the base game's main storyline, W2's side quests arn't particularly great, where as W3 has some great ones, and the writing for the expansions got a hell of a lot better.

No.

To be fair PvP was and is still a broken mess. The last time I played there were still only 2 maps. Strongholds don't count because like you mentioned, whales. Which is hilarious because there's no fucking way PWE got a return on their investment for implementing Strongholds (of which 50% was intended to be PvP; guild stronghold vs. guild stronghold).

I'm guessing the guild you were referring to was either Essence of Aggression or Midnight Express?

You mean Arcanum?

Witcher 1's combat was more enjoyable than fucking 2

Yep, that's the one. A damn good argument against whales, F2P and gold selling they are.

I think I still have some vids on my yt of me beating the shit out some of them while being woefully out-geared…

We need more games in the setting of arcanum
Industrial revolution + steampunk + conflict of magic and classic fantasy races vs tech progress is my dream game

I think Witcher 3 was okay but I don't know why its so overrated.

It was a better written Skyrim.

you can save the Queen if you give Detlaff the benefit of the doubt and allow him to escape, then go into the "Fairytalesphere" with Sylvia and buy the ribbon from the little girl who peddles drugs and such. If you buy the ribbon, then when Detlaff tries to kill Sylvia, she'll be teleported to the Fairytalesphere and Detlaff will set his sights on you. After the fight, Sylvia will be held prisoner inside the royal palace, you can go talk to her and get her to think twice about her murderous intentions, and ultimately she and her sister will make up. Happily ever after and all that shit

i just really wanted to kill Detlaff, that cunt thinks that he can slaughter people and unleash hell of fairytellsque city only because his feels, fuck him, not to mention that vampires in witcher lore are huge fucking cunts and need to be all purgednot counting in Reggis of course, he is tottal bro

I think Detlaff ends up dying no matter what you do, though. I mean, I got the good ending and I had to kill him anyway. When you get the ribbon, Sylvia says that it was enchanted with a magic spell that will protect its wearer from evil. When she encounters Detlaff, he tries to murder her, and she's saved by the ribbon, so the implication is that Detlaff isn't this "troubled soul" as he is portrayed by Regis, instead he's actually just evil.

i think that his name gives him away right at the start i mean cmon, Detlaff = Ded Laff = Death Laugh

The only reasonable posts in this entire thread.

i really want a good cyberpunk game, but i don't have high expectations for this.
the witcher games weren't really my cup of tea anyway.

Why is this part mirrored?

Its a club, and clubs sometimes have big side wall mirrors

Where is the bottom laser coming from then

Maybe one policeman is playing around with laser and mirror :^)

In addition to TW2's main story being better than TW3's, I also preferred how TW2 handled alchemy and crafting. I liked using alchemy to prepare for a battle in advance by making and using potions that would give various buffs, rather than just drinking restorative potions while fighting, like in most other RPGs. In TW2, the best armor you can get is crafted using material gathered from bosses and other creatures, rather than being found at the end of a dungeon or being given as a quest reward, like in most other RPGs. These two systems seem fitting for a Witcher, especially the latter. More importantly, I think these two systems made TW2 mechanically unique so it's a shame they were either changed completely or significantly reduced in importance in TW3. The combat itself in TW3 is marginally better than the combat in TW2, from what I remember, but overall the gameplay is significantly worse due to the fact that they got rid of the alchemy and crafting systems of TW2 and replaced them with standard open-world ARPG fare.

It's a fanmade mockup that's a hodgepodge of multiple images used as stock and badly edited together. Best indicator is always the lighting.

zero interest in it what I liked about the Witcher was the historic romantic Middle Ages setting despite being fictional world that's what it came off as was comfy. I don't give a shit about cyberpunk subculture of scifi.

Counterintuitive because you never knew when a fight was coming, and cutscenes would rob you of your buffs; only way to get them was to usually glitch the game. E.g in the middle of the dragon fight, there's a ledge that takes you out of combat mode, and only then can you drink up your potions. Now, as is the mark of truly great devs, instead of fixing this by altering enconter design TW3 axed it almost entirely and made it nonsensical on top.

I love Witcher series but even a monkey on typewriter could shit out better story and quests than skyrim, so thats not saying much

Those are fair and astute criticisms. It's been a while since I've played TW2 so I had forgotten about all that. I remember buffs lasting a while so you could go through multiple mob fights, but it's been a while.
I definitely agree they should have fixed the issues surrounding the innovative system they had rather than severely retard it.

But he is right. Every CDPR game is dumbed down worse than the others and it's been confirmed that they shill on Holla Forums.

☺️☺️☺️

The Witcher School gear quests in Witcher 3 did exactly this. Each piece of equipment requires a diagram that you must collect from a point of interest in the region, that is usually connected to a side quest, which means you'll go to those places anyway for other reasons. There are basic diagrams for each school, and then there are subsequent upgrade diagrams that you collect. Each piece of gear must be crafted at a blacksmith, and each one will require the player to pay a fee and provide the necessary materials, some of which are parts taken from defeated foes. There are four unique sets that follow this path (Wolf, Cat, Bear, and Griffin), and two others that do not require subsequent upgrades (Viper and Manticore). Each set has six diagrams, and there are four upgrades per diagram, so you have to collect 24 diagrams per set, and they're scatted throughout Velen, Skellige, White Orchard, and Toussiant.

The point is, Witcher 3 makes you work for the best gear in the same way, but it also gives you an incentive to participate in side quests that you might otherwise ignore, so these pieces of equipment are made available as additional rewards for doing side quests. Not only that, because you have to craft these items, they exist as a reason for you to spend your money, so they are also an incentive to keep playing and earning more. Oh yeah, and you can use various dyes, that you can craft via alchemy diagrams, that can be used to change the color of any given piece of Witcher armor, so you can even customize them to your liking.

If they will hold their word, this game will look great. I've enjoyed W3s writing, the combat not so much. I fucking detested it, I expected the game would react when i parry, not to wait half a minute when the dwarf is fucking splitting me in half due to "smooth" animations. Fuck that shit. Plus I thought the attack timings should be consistent. They were not.
If they won't fuck up the gameplay too much and make it enjoyable, I will gladly spend my shekels at it. Bonus points if the guns will make sense and won't be CoDWW2 loading stripper clips through scope retarded.

I imagine you're right about the Witcher School gear being the best in TW3, but wading through hours of padding to get at least 6 diagrams per set seems like a poorer implementation of the crafting system. One of TW3's problems is the massive amount of low quality content padding in the game.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be hyped about it as there *is* nothing to be hyped about. The dev is capable enough but there's nothing to see.

The Witcher series had a good story and dialog but the combat was shit. Making it open world only made the game worse because now you had to travel needlessly between places which wasn't fun. It was tedious and getting attacked wasn't fun because the combat in W3 felt even worse than 2s.
I fucking hate this open world meme.

never ever

It's practically cancelled last I heard.

it's better in this way user, believe me

No.

slavs cant into optimization