Let's talk about video games that mix a fantasy setting and a sci-fi setting together well

Let's talk about video games that mix a fantasy setting and a sci-fi setting together well.

Any Star Wars game where you play as a Jedi

Phantasy Star

SRW too, at least OG ones with Cybuster and that Tiger/Dragon thing.

I would say star ocean but the only good games in the series are 1 and 2. I think it leans more on the Fantasy side of of the Sifi/fantasy spectrum.

SaGa Frontier comes to mind.

Star Ocean doesn't really mix Sci-Fi and Fantasy, since the two aspects are kept pretty segregated. I've been playing Xenogears lately, and that seems to do a better job - but not much. The surface dwelling lambs are still pretty pre-industrial backwards - with the only sci-fi technology being weapons and vehicles and shit that the controlling powers allow the lambs to use in the course of doing their bidding.

Wizardry 8, if you're not looking for a weeaboo game.

Sci-fi and fantasy mashups are always shit. After sci-fi became a thing, fantasy authors just started putting spaceships in their discount fairy tales, and claimed that it was equally "sci-fi."
"Science fantasy" is the reason that sci-fi isn't given the respect it deserves. People who make it should be put in jail. People who like it should be put in camps until they stop.

Gud gam

Fantasy x Steampunk > Fantasy x Sci-fi

All I want is a story about two Kardashev-2 civilizations fighting it out over the entire galaxy…

Why must you torment me so, sci-fi authors?

I'm so fucking mad you got trips. Fuck you you fucking faggot. Star Wars is the scrape of the sci-fantasy genre's barrel. There's little to no focus on the "misterious ancient powers that seem like science but work like magic" trope. Aesthetic is weak as fuck. General lack of a fantasy feel, as everything from social interactions and setting all seem too modern.
My latest sci-fantasy obsession is Warframe.
Grineer are ruled by a queen. Corpus, albeit "modern" in being a trader's guild, functions like a number of city-states (one of them even working in tandem with you as an ally faction), and a number of independent factions and mentioned (but unfortunatelly for my lore thirst, rarely seen) paint the picture of a medieval setting filled with kingdoms in constant conflict.
Characters in general wield melee weapons as much as ranged ones.
And even though the aesthetic is that of a hard sci-fi, it's puctuated with banners hanging from towers and dungeon-like environments.
Even though the standard civilisations and characters in the game all have a number of technological amenities and devices to their disposal, there's an ever looming shadow of the superior ancient technology of the now extinct orokin empire, their devices seeming even magical to everybody else, hard to reproduce, and valuable to dig up like ancient relics in a D&D setting.
And for the cherry on top, we have the void to double as misterious science/magic.

Xenogears is pretty much pure scifi.

It's a shame there is no good new adaptation of the w40k franchise

E.Y.E is a great game

Blazblue and Guilty Gear are pretty up there with mixing sci-fi and fantasy, though there's usually more fantasy involved.

Aren't you pathetic little creature? Here, have a free

Except you have reincarnating souls and protag being his own grandpa because of that and some fucking interdimensional god being tangled into everything.

Warhammer 40K.
Super Robot Wars.

Star Ocean did this really well, though it's a console-only series. 'Til The End of Time was probably the best in the series.

doesnt ALL the wizard games have scifi elements at the end?

Not all, but I think you may be thinking of Might & Magic, where in reality their gods were androids and the planets were biospheres made by an old alien race that transcended reality and left for other dimensions.

Quake kind of. You've got space marines(or whatever they were called in that game) and lightning guns, but you've also got magic knights and Lovecraftian horrors running around too.

Whatever you say, weeb.

Why?

Top zuz

Quake was in development hell for years. Was supposed to be a fantasy RPG called "The Fight For Justice". Eventually became a Doom clone.

What count's as a mix though? Many fantasy games have some ancient civilisation with sci-fi tech.