/STD/ General

Star Trek Discovery

We Got A Bone to Pick With #Gamergate Edition

wew

This isn't Holla Forums so you might want to post this in the gamergate thread. As if I needed more reasons to hate STD aside from it being PEWPEW Trek instead of Star Trek.

No fucking way. Holy shit.

Gives you a bit of an insight into how much people are going to enjoy it.

This is more about posting Stuxnet rather than promoting that girl i assume as stuxnet was really powerful and they probably wanted to put it on the show just for the edgy reference, i think you let the paranoia get you this time

Except that the dialogue for this scene was written specifically to put an emphasis on something by using the term "lurker" preceding and following the display of the code, merely coincidence?

But why tho?

again that is you being a paranoid

More evidence leftists want all fiction to be self-insert power fantasies.

Antifa Support Message

Have absolutely none of you walked any modern Star Trek anything? Why is this a surprise?
Watch half an episode and tell me if your ears don't start bleeding from an overdose of lefty politics

Holy shit that guy's so faggy I feel like if we put a stake through his heart it'd cure all the other faggots on the planet. Like he's the alpha faggot or something.

It's an 'it' at this point. Sub-human.

I guess you could say he's patient queero

Carlos plz

Male Privilege / Gender Binary Identification Messaging Theme

Tonight's episode further confirmed another theory I've been pondering for a few episodes.

I have pored over the four episodes that have aired so far looking for any scene that might conclusively contradict my assessment but have found none.

The number of shoulder stripes depicted on Starfleet officers in STD is determined by gender identity. There is no correlation other than gender; male or female are presented regardless of rank, division, species, height, build or weight as either having four wide shoulder stripes (female) or five wide shoulder stripes (male).

oh, oh wow
who thought this was a good idea

Paranoia. You could switch your antifa and nazi labels around and it would make just as much sense. It's also worth noting that they don't follow her plan, she does everything wrong, and gets credited with starting the war anyway. At this point, the whole federation hates her.

OK now you're onto something. But why? Gendered uniforms aren't anything new, but this is such a minute difference, it's pointless.

Interesting find but aren't men shoulders wider than women? It couldn't be something as simple as that right?

Because you can't fit 23 variations of shoulder stripes onto a uniform?

A transgender officer is going to be revealed, so establish an environment where gender is binary, stripes are suppose to be some form of subliminal camouflage?

Michael is more than a woman with a man's name, he's a woman that didn't feel the need to abandon his birth name even though he gave up his birth gender?

Perhaps it is a period reference, pre-TOS, these are the "old days" when male privilege and gender binary are still the societal norms of the Federation, one that Michael is going to challenge.

I don't know, I don't have all the answers. I only note what I see and find no rational explanation for it other than the writers are just mounding shit heaps of propaganda into this, staging for bigger themes, thinking they are clever and going to be remembered as SJW martyrs when the dust settles.

Saru is extremely thin and tall, but he gets five stripes. Trust me, I went through all four episodes trying to disprove to myself before posting it, but every scene shown so far fits the male gets 5 stripes, female gets 4 stripes correlation absent any other explanation I can find.

< then there's this pic

How deep rabbit hole goes?

That's what I think, if there's any reason for it at all. Not exactly new ground for Star Trek though.

It could be a way of quickly identifying the genders between alien officers, since the federation has more than just humans, but I doubt that put that much thought into it.

I really liked Kate Mulgrew as an actress. Shame her character wasn't written better.

It's like I am living in Hell.

Holla Forums was right again

I miss the 90's

They gambled with the idea that everyone uses the term "STI" instead. Kinda like how GRIDs is now AIDs