GOTY 2017

How has this year been for you?

Certainly not weebshit

How?
The challenging dungeons forcing players to make good use of the items they have in dungeons to wipe out significantly higher leveled enemies, the hype as fuck OST with tracks like Fire Island Volcano and Dark Matter 2, the story twists like Nuzleaf being bad all along….PSMD was fantastic.

Nothing.
Just like in the past 4 years.

Super Mystery Dungeon is the same exact game as all the other Mystery Dungeons, except this time you also have a really badly written story, babby-tier dialogue and no new functions to go along with it.

It's also simplified and easy as sin.

It's trash, you're trash.

Exactly what I got from the shitty OP image.
Hollow Knight was the only game I bought this year.

But its not
PSMD discourages grinding, something all the other PMD games allowed. Leveling is extremely slow making grinding a waste of time. Instead the game encourages players to use the items they find lying around in dungeons, and in that regard, PSMD added Wands to the series, something that weren't in the games prior to it. Hunger also goes down faster than in other games, and dungeons are shorter, instead creating challenge through dungeon design itself rather than length/tedium. You're pit up against Pokemon several tens of levels higher than yourself, putting you in no win situations if you don't know how to make use of the items you find and prepare accordingly before entering dungeons. Also Pokemon recruitment is no longer RNG based so there's no worries about having to repeat a longass dungeon just to recruit that one legendary that's in the late parts of a dungeon.

Yeah but it's still pokemon which is and always will be irredeemable shit.

GOTY = faggotry

The only changes that were made were things that didn't need to change.
When you get the formula perfect on the first game, there's no fucking need to change its basics, you should only add more things to it.

Wow how fucking fun, these guys truly know how to make something good.

It's a mediocre game, and it doesn't surpass the originals or Explorers of the Sky. The only reason why people talk about is because it's better than the streak of trash Mystery Dungeon had after EotS, that's it. It's a bad babby game like every single other modern pokemon game.

At the time I was playing it I remember thinking Automata was GOTY, but my memory of it grows increasingly foggy, it's hard to remember what I liked so much about it.

I would probably cheat and say Bayonetta's PC release is GOTY, since it's a better game than any new release I've played, but as for new releases I don't know. Maybe Yakuza 0 or something.

openmw, goty 2017

Knack2

Kill yourself OP

Super is absolutely better than Red/Blue Rescue Team at the very least. I can see arguments for Explorers on the basis of having solid bonus episodes and a better overall story (although I would argue that Super's ending actually sticking with your partner being gone past the end credits for a couple hours in post-game was way better than the never leaving thing pulled in previous PMDs EoS included), but with Red/Blue Rescue Team, there's absolutely nothing those games do better than PSMD. They're easier, significantly more repetitive, significantly more RNG based, have a very simple overall story with regards to the tragedies that are occurring and why you're in the Pokemon world, have music that doesn't even utilize a polyphony like the later titles, have less item variety, and have less gameplay content. Your standard attack was also viable for winning fights back then. There is no way you can argue Rescue Team as being better than PSMD.

That is correct. Its a good thing leveling is slow. If you can grind to win then that grants you the ability to avoid learning the game mechanics.

>not iji
Shit/10

user, it's trash. You like it because you're either a diehard pokemon fan or because you're a pokefurfag.
It's a boring boring game, it's playable, it's not broken, but it's by far not worthy of being Goty.

Hard to decide between Sonic Mania, Nier:Automata, Nioh, Persona 5, Hollow Knight and Cuphead, also Tales of Berseria I've heard was good, and
Its been a pretty solid year all things considered. We got several good games rather than next to nothing like the last 3, and 3 of those actually came from the west.
I think hope is finally starting to return tbh.

Which did you choose on your first playthrough user?

Guess I'm trash, but low tier scrubs like me enjoyed Divinity OS2, Nier Automata, and currently Battlechasers. I was curious about Blue Reflection in your image so I looked it up. Too cutesy, too modern, too much talking and not enough fighting. Pass.

Explain?

I don't understand why people like Nier Automata.
It has a good foundation but having to fight Adam and Eve so many times ruins it. It also still suffers a lot of the balancing issues the first game had, only instead of making endless damage sponges on Hard mode it just kills you quickly. Plus Ending A is garbage, while Ending A in the original game was at least a satisfying conclusion in the sense that you actually knew you were fighting the final boss and had an actual objective leading up to that boss fight. A lot of Ending A was just wandering around fighting robots and things just happened around you. Sure the games get better with each later Ending, but the first ending should still be satisfying and Automata failed to deliver.

You know that slow leveling provokes grinding, right?

k

Gates to Infinity had

Super Mystery Dungeon is a shit game with abhorrent graphics, I hate the lazy 3d models instead of sprites.
The only Mystery Dungeon game that is worth a damn is first one because it the sprites are charming and it was actually quite a unique game for the time it released.

Of course it does, but it released a decade after Rescue team Red/Blue.

i think you're the reddit here

If your main complaint is that its not sprites then why the fuck isn't your favorite one Explorers? Explorers, like Super, does everything better than Rescue Team. The uniqueness doesn't hold as an argument since Mystery Dungeon gameplay wise is something that's existed since WAY before Rescue Team

Yes, and it was exclusively known by weebs.
Mystery Dungeon made it famous for everyone else, I don't give a fuck if some other game did it way before.

Kill you'reself my man.

I didn't even know explorers was a thing since I was never really interested in the DS, after googling it I will definitely play it.
Doesn't change the fact that SMD is a piece of dogshit though

Pokemon is shit for underage and leftists who never grew up. There's your explanation.

That doesn't say anything about the quality of the content itself. You're just saying its bad because people you don't like play it.

Stop being a disingenuous kike.

SMD has problems but it's my favourite one in the series since the gameplay is so good. Definitely my favourite Gen 6 game.

yeah nah

here you go OP, on the house

So far Divinity original sin 2 is the GOTY but that might change with the new mario

I can't recall buying a single game that was released this year. It's all fucking garbage.

I have an eleven year toaster so I haven't played the supposed big hitters yet, but I enjoyed some small games and Steamworld Dig 2 rubbed me the right way.

I don't get why it's so different.

Making you only use one quest at a time arbitrarily lengthens the game without offering any actual content all whilst limiting the player's ability to progress at his own pace. That lone kills Gates. The lack of hunger is an extra casualization that makes the game far too easy. The games aren't even in the same league of quality. Gates is FAR worse

Xenoblade came out in 2010 retard

Xenoblade didn't come out in the US until 2012 user

It still came out in English in 2011.

Not applicable

The peer pressure and marketing.

you do understand that hating vidya is nothing more than a tired Holla Forums meme, right?

I don't understand what you drivel has to do with anything but 3 games on the list are self-published and another one made almost entirely by fans.

There has to be at least ONE (1) video game you've played this year that you enjoyed

hasn't even come out yet, you absolute retard. Nothing can be good until you have bought/pirated it and played it with your own two hands.
Or maybe your uncle works at nintendo?
A downgrade in nearly every aspect from metal slug/gunstar/alien soldier etc., arguably with the exception of visuals
Come on now, it was fun but far from GOTY material, especially since half of it was reused classic shit.

6/10, needs some work.

I've played lots of games I enjoyed.

Marvel 2, human revolution, DmC3/4, and megaman x5

Elona was the only game I enjoyed this year.

Opinion completely invalidated

Actually I'm not even totally sure I'm not being baited, no self-respecting DMC fan would spell it that way.

WOW
I can't believe you LIKE GAMES

What the fuck, do you not know EVERYTHING is shit?
[insert greentexting of each of those games with reasons as to why I subjectively dislike them]

Get better taste you cock loving faggot

Not applicable

Not an argument

I swear, x5 has good moments. The virus stages and their set up was incredible despite the enigma/shuttle fuckery.
The menus were cancer, but I liked having gaia, falcon, and 4th all available
Squid adlers stage is actually genuinely very well designed with fun and interesting mechanics despite the godawful bike section
the zero/x fight isn't that bad minus the rakuhoha glitch and genmu zero existing.
t-the music was good?
I just wanted a proper sendoff for the x series. They got some things right, but so many things so fucking wrong

Man, I recently experienced a full hour of dente, I don't know what's what anymore.
Donte definitive edition actually turns the game into a pretty good hack and slash barring its cringy godawful story/characters and any attempted ties to the original DMC series

tekken and gundam versus i guess
haven't played cuphead, o'tomato or srw v yet though

Don't forget Danganronpa V3 and Ever Oasis

It was fun, but honestly a downgrade from pirates curse. Art style took a hit too. Characters seem to lack ribcages

I agree. I took a look at the Kickstarter and realized how much bigger the game was supposed to be (they haven't met half of their episode goals).

It's been a mixed bag and Mario Odyssey is the one game of the fall/winter season I'm honestly looking forward to.

Problem is, while the exploration aspect and all the movement options granted by hat are interesting, the puzzle/platform shit that has been demonstrated has been beyond braindead. That one bullet bill puzzle actually made me yawn. It was pathetic.

1. Senko no Ronde 2
2. Under Night In-Birth Exe:late [st]
3. Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Honorable mentions to Trails in the Sky 3rd Chapter, Yakuza 0/Kiwami and Etrian Odyssey V.

It was a decent year outside of NISA shitting all over Ys VIII to the point where Ys fans have to fix the whole game and started writing Falcom about the shit NISA pulled. I will never understand how NISA still has fans that support them when they continue to botch everything they touch.

Maybe Xenoblade 2 will be good, too, although I somehow doubt that.

I'm not entirely keen on the new art style, but the Switch needs RPGs; that being said, I would have much preferred something more akin to Xenoblade X in terms of style

at least sword girl has some nice tits.

I want to fuck that cat.

My man

I suspect it's like Working Designs, where they honestly have fans that actually consider what they do to make the games more entertaining/memorable than the original scripts (used to see a lot of WD cocksuckers on halfchan years back). Though, I don't think I ever heard of Working Designs having nearly as many localization-induced game ruining bugs.

Also doesn't help matters that some companies like TK leave knowledgable customers between a rock and a hard place for acquiring physical copies of games, when they make them Limited Print Run only and mooch off of NISA for production and distribution.

wew
Anyway, I haven't played much this new stuff year so it's hard to say what my game of the year is. I thought Near a Tomato at first given how excited I was for it, and I did enjoy the story and the additions to the lore a whole lot, but the gameplay isn't really memorable. Breath of the Wild was pretty boring. I guess I'd have to give it to Cuphead or Ever Oasis, and neither of those are what I would call amazing, just good. Hopefully EOV is good enough to be GOTY.

Kill yourself.

Would Cuphead not count?

Would Cuphead not count?

*Wouldn't know since I've yet to play it, but it seems Holla Forumsanguards enjoy it.

GOTY 2017 will be Elex tbh

The demo of EOV is gud, it might dethrone Yakuza 0 as my GOTY.

kill yourself

I think persona 5 is the only thing I played this year that came out this year to be honest…I have not heard of blue reflection though.

I want all normalfags to get the fuck out. Thanks.

1995 - Donkey Kong Country 2, honourable mention Chrono Trigger
1996 - Diablo, honourable mention Donkey Kong Country 3
1997 - Dungeon Keeper, honourable mention Castlevania: SotN & Final Fantasy VII
1998 - Starcraft, honourable mention Fallout 2
1999 - Heroes of Might and Magic 3, honourable mention GTA 2 & Alpha Centauri
2000 - Final Fantasy IX, honourable mention Diablo 2
2001 - Max Payne
2002 - GTA: Vice City
2003 - Counter-Strike 1.6, honourable mention Max Payne 2
2004 - GTA: San Andreas
2005 - The Warriors, honourable mention RE4 & Psychonauts
2006 - Dead Rising, honourable mention Bully & SotC
2007 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
2008 - Dead Space
2009 - Demons Souls
2010 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2
2011 - Dark Souls
2012 - Hotline Miami
2013 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, honourable mention Risk of Rain
2014 - LISA: The Painful
2015 - Resident Evil HD Remaster (never did own no gamecube)
2016 - too early to say
2017 - too early to say
2018 - exanima (pls)
The options between 2007 and 2012 are not very many. I cant believe I cant find something better than Dead Space for 2008, and Im not a huge fan of single player FPSs so stalker is not the strongest choice either. After that there seems to be a lot more pretty good games. So far in 2017 my favourites are Snake Pass and Hollow Knight, but I suspect that I will find something better than that in time.

What games I did buy this year were all used stuff for my various /vr/ systems, and a Mega Everdrive. Oh, and an Ikegami monitor. Anything too new to connect to it really isn't worth my time I think.

Cool with everything but

Are you dumb?

if you wanted to inflate it you could even add nier:automata and super mario odyseey (not out yet)

There was literally only one good game released this year. And its lizard pussy.

what did he mean by this

A game does not have to be perfect to be GOTY, just better than the rest of the shit.

Are you, perhaps, a furfag?

Blue reflection is a bad VN with some combat. It's shit.

There hasn't been a decent video game since 2015. And even then it was an unfinished game.
No such thing exists.

What is?

MGSV

THIS
Agree 100%

Agreed, Toby should've made the Hard Mode and the Gasper chapter first.

You first, MGS4 will always begoodno matter how much you babies cry about it

Grim Dawn?

Implying we're not? We can say nigger kike spic leaf chink cunt without getting banned here, as half chan used to be.

No you faggot
I stopped playing Super Mystery Dungeon purely because the recruiting mechanics for getting new pokemon were fucking ass. I want to recruit on the fly, not have set quests.

Kill yourself faggot

it's been a great year with no droughts. If you've been struggling to find new games to play you made the wrong choices in platform.

That was early 2016, user.

What a fucking cancerous thread

Is cuphead very good? I just figured it would be alright when I saw some of the gameplay. Cool style for sure, but didn't seem like there was a lot of meat there.

It's been a pretty fun year so far. Still too early to name GOTY 2017 though.

most of these games are nintendo garbage or weeb trash.
fucking deus ex came out in 2000 you you put that shit as goty

Best year in recent memory and it still has a few noteworthy releases to come.

there's not a lot there, the actual quantity of content will feel like what you would get from a similar 4th gen game, but it's an enjoyable game overall. For a $20 game, it's got a good amount of content.

yeah but deus ex is shit

nier automata

so is this what millenials like huh?

You should really consider suicide boy.

deus ex is awful, only shiteating neckbeards like it

I don't get rpgfags. A lot of rpgs are the same repetitive grindfests. Do rpgfags like them because they suck at other genres or what?

I hope you're not another dumb cunt that doesn't understand what a millennial is.

>>>/NeoGaf/

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/

rpg can be good if the rpg elements is very light like stalker

I agree. There's also really good ones like Paper Mario, but most of them are the same garbage.

Why do I even open Holla Forums anymore?
It's nothing but retarded bait.

rpgs are mostly games which derive their enjoyment out of the systems you interact with. It's fun for different reasons, paper mario is very entry level, but something like panzer dragoon saga is stimulating precisely when you grasp all of its nuances and achieve excellent ranks in battles. It helps that the story and music are great.

Worse than any shock images.

Shadman's great

it's a good reminder why the west is currently inferior to japan at least

Thats not Shadman

I wonder why the cuckchan retards all came here recently.

Doesn't matter since it is a shadman wannabe that shadman puts on his site.

Terminal cancer

Lookin' pretty good this year

ftfy

This board has been garbage since the Hunger Game threads began a while ago.

How?
His art is nowhere that bad

t.cuckchan
t.cuckchanner

Go >>>/back/ to Hiroshima cuck

It's not recent, it's just a slow trickle getting worse every year.

Starfox 2 GOTY 2017

I know, but its gotten really bad now out of the blue.
E3 and Summer was cancer as usual but then it settled down, late August however saw a bunch of these niggers making these cuckchan crossposts, not sagebombing an bumping shit template threads and flaunting around their garbage taste as they "ironically" shitpost.

Oh yeah, and lets not forget what this summer gave us as well.
I wonder if Kikeboy leaking Sonic Mania has something to do with it.

t. i only know jrpgs because I'm your typical Holla Forums faggot.

Maybe Reddit is more of your thing?
Either way stop replying to cuckchan faggots you retard.

What's the difference at this point?

You're thinking of Gen Z. Millennials are those that came of age around the turn of the millennium, not born then.

Good point
Its been getting pretty bad here
you still need to go back

classic Holla Forums

But you had to do quests in Rescue Team anyways. This is just combining quests with recruitment. Its more streamlined and less RNG based

Yes, but they were supplementary. You recruited pokemon by fighting them, and I liked the idea of Friend Areas as well.
Which is shit.
And that's bad.

5 people on Holla Forums being faggots doesn't mean anything
2017 was a good year, especially compared to years 2012-2016.

GOTY 2017 is obviously cuckhead.

I thought the Battle Garegga re-release was last year

honestly the only game i enjoyed this year was probably Divinity OS2. GOTY is a meme.

GOTY is a fucking marketing plot to get you to buy garbage like The Last of Us and Overwatch.

There are plenty of smaller quality games coming out from different genres and its impossible to choose only one yearly as the bane of quality.
Production values and marketing don't mean shit if the game is shallow as fuck.

some retards will actually fall for that crappy low-effort b8

Holy shit what a beacon of shit taste. Everything's fine until 2007 but then, just:
>SMT: Devil Survivor Acceptable but there are still better games
2016 gets a pass because nothing great came out that year
>Not Breath of The Wild Even if it's a meme that's not as good as people hype it up to be, better game than this weebshit they've put up
>Not Super Mario Odyssey, not even out yet and is a better choice
You list reeks of being a furfag weeb who likes turn-based shit because it let's him play while jerking off to whatever is on his second monitor.

Your 2007 to 2013 list is a fucking embarassemnet and makes you look like a 16 year old.

Whomever made this list is a giant fucking hipster, and should kill themselves. Fuck you OP, you are the #1 faggot of all years.

Tumblrite hipster to be exact

Superb b8 op

Pandora's Tower is a Zelda game where the overworld was replaced with more dungeons. If you're okay with the other Zeldas, you should be okay with that there.
Ruined by Routes A and B being garbage

I ain't heard this insult on a image board since 2009… Where are you came from my friend?

That's a child, and not only a child but a boy you fuck.

You can't even be a faggot right

Mary-oh is my GOTY despite not being released yet. This year is shit.

Been on Holla Forums since before 09, I just don't comment often because I don't see someone trying so hard to be contrarian, like claiming that the best game of 2004 is Cave Story as opposed to Half-Life 2, Doom 3, etc.

Some fucking people deserve to be mocked.

If you compare it to the worst game in the series it's pretty obvious that it's going to look better

I'd mock you for using "whomever" incorrectly, definitely

Sure, cave story isn't exactly the most amazing game around, but doom 3 was a pretty damn mediocre game. It had alot more potential and I liked how the designs carried over for the most part, but it was a very "meh" game.

Cave Story is a nearly flawless game only held back by some of its backtracking.
Even during its time Half-Life 2 was an overrated shooter with several other shooters released around the same time period that were better (007 Nightfire, for example). And even then I'm not a fan of shooters so games like HL2 or Doom 3 would never be there.

is this irony?

foolish limmy, wrestling is only gay when you're on bottom.

Weeb shit is usually awful with very little mechanics, cliche filled, awful plot.

It will be dominions 5

Picrelated is bait right?

A.J is activ in the gay community, his disaproval of it is just a ruse so he can poz you.

1998: Half-Life
1999: Unreal Tournament
2000: Zelda: Majora's Mask
2001: Super Smash Bros Melee
2002: Kingdom Hearts
2003: Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
2004: Half-Life 4
2005: Devil May Cry 3
2006: God Hand
2007: Portal
2008: Metal Gear Solid 4
2009: Bayonetta
2010: Fallout New Vegas
2011: Portal 2
2012: Hotline Miami
2013: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
2014: Bayonetta 2 with Super Smash Bros 4 as a close second
2015: Metal Gear Solid V with Hotline Miami 2 as a close second
2016: Probably Doom
2017: Probably either Breath of the Wild or Nier: Automata

Do you have the version for last year as well? Also

Yearly reminder that "GOTY" is a retarded concept and by participating in its continued existence you are perpetuating the idea that popularity contests and comparisons between things that shouldn't be compared is more important than in depth analysis and discussion of your "contenders" on a case by case basis.

GOTY Tier
Furi
or Superhot

Great Tier
Owlboy
The Last Guardian

Okay / Playable Tier
Darkest Dungeon
Hyper Light Drifter
XCOM 2
Dishonored 2
Dark Souls 3
Inside
Stardew Valley
Planet Coaster

Cuckchan would be proud

Worth playing

This saddens.

Styx 2 is about as close to actual Thief as you're gonna get. Doesn't hurt that the protag is fucking smarmy as fuck in an endearing way.

Muh plot.

here you go

this year it was made available on US/EU PSN and Xbox Live, maybe I'm cheating in that regard

Had to settle for mediocre games in a few spots simply because nothing good came out that year.
While making it, too, I realized that 2017 will be one one of the worse years in recent memory, purely because the best game so far is really only okay.

Styx doesn't have even an iota of Garrett's charisma, and I have no idea how you could compare either of those games to Thief.

When it comes to weebshit, that's all it has because weebshit is just moe pedobait bullshit disguising itself as legitimate content when really it's just there for sad sack NEETs to pretend they have anything resembling social interaction.

Yep, you're a goon.

Who would have though
Biggest offenders

How come goons hate drawings of children put hide and protect the monsters that actually harm children?

Why wouldn't you protect someone who has the same hobbies has you?

Well I agree with the Koei Tecmo part anyway for 2017.

YES

GET OUT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT THIS IS A BOARD FOR BEING UNHAPPY AND HATING ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT YOU MASSIVE FUCKING CUCK, HITLER WOULD HAVE GASSED YOU, YOU FUCKING KIKE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

out

no

Tired genre that has been done a million times, but hey, tits n ass.
It was alright, but I am a Zelda fanboy, but in no means is it a great game.
Retro rehash garbage with a side plate of nostalgia
Hispter weebshit wet dream, more mediocre side scroll platforming
Fuck off
Fuck off 2.0
Not released yet, but it will assist you.

Cool story kid.

Now this is a patrician post, bitter, no arguments and overall just really sad. You get the t. Holla Forums award.

This board has seen better days
>>>/cuckchan/ the lot of you

2003 was home to many great games, but unfortunately for them it's just impossible to compete with Downhill Domination.

To be fair, Felix the Cat is a very good game. That said, Darkwing Duck was the superior game of that year.

Cuphead is kind of the opposite of weebshit. It imitates the old western style which anime ripped off in the first place.

didn't you post this in the gravity rush 2 thread a few days ago

Construction site is the best endless map
Powerplant shit is the worst

Pretty much, but I think I embedded a different video this time.

looks absolutely sick

>>>/ovens/

I don't even know any games that came out in 2017, I'll just slap GD onto GOTY 2017 and be done with it.

easily tbh

I wasn't saying Darkwing was necessarily GOTY, just comparing it to Felix because it's in the same genre.

Uh… OP, Twilight Princess was a terrible game.

Even Sonic 06 was better for the comedy and music. In fact, you might as well just had Sonic 06 as the GOTY. Because that game was an amazing trainwreck. Twilight Princess was so fucking drab and boring to the point that it's not even memorable. It failed at being a trainwreck too.

Also, you had the superior Zeldas in 2000 and 2004 anyhow.

Battle Brothers
GMDX mod

Twilight Princess is Ocarina of Time with more gameplay mechanics, better characters (especially your partner), and better graphics.

Great year, or greatest year?

Fair enough

I know it's just an opinion, but I just found TP to be really, really boring. I found the artstyle to be dull, it felt like a complete rehash of certain OoT moments at certain points, characters were kinda cool but the rest of the game is just forgettable. I see footage of TP and it's like I have gaps in my memory where that game could have been because it's like I'm seeing it for the first time again.

And I think it also speaks a lot about OoT too, but OoT was a game I played to death so of course I'd actually remember that game. TP is just a slightly better version of a simply "okay" game really.

Majoras mask was my last mainline zelda game i finished. Always get halfway through before I just burn out. I stop'd trying after twilight princess.

The connection you make with the people of termina always feels so much stronger then the later games attempts at storytelling in comparison

Most of the games I played this year have been games I never got around to playing years prior. GoTY probably going to go to Automata for me. NieR holds a special place in my heart and Automata was the best possible sequel I could have hoped for. Since I see a lot of repeats here are some honorable mentions for games I have yet to see brought up ITT

Neat platformer with a lot of attention to detail put into it's ecosystem. Nature is a bitch and a sizable chunk of your deaths will be entirely unavoidable. Definitely not for everyone but it manages to tickle my autism in all the right ways

Hotline Miami in space.The game has an active pause system letting you to some incredibly silly shit. Pretty effective strat is shooting out a window then teleporting out of the room as everyone else there is sucked into the vacuum of space.

3rd person stealth game where the enemies mimic your behavior. Using your gun, sprinting, sneaking around. All of these allow your enemies to use your abilities against you. Leads to some incredibly tense situations where you might be forced to. Not the greatest game in the world but I think the concept was novel enough that it's worth a look at.

2D beat em up with an emphasis on it's combat. There's a DMC style scoring system that encourages you to be as stylish with your combos as possible. Content feels rather sparse but the game is pretty challenging. It'll take a while to see it all. Even then there are leaderboards and shit if you enjoy feeling superior to the strangers.

NO HL2?
Yeah I know I hate Valve to now, I didn't want it to be like this.

What, you aren't an edgy teen hating on HL2? Get on with the times, grandpa! Here on SA, we have anime and think Halo is pretty nostalgic.

Literal sjw tier post. You probably didn't even notice when they got in your head, and started believing some of their shit on the side.

Lots of indie crap and pc nobodies in that chart, but it does look like a start for something that we should really have. An "US VS THEM" chart, to separate game design philosophies between actual gamers and shitty bazingas.

That doesn't have to be about GOTYs, only games that A) won't brainwash you and B) will leave you a better player.

HL2 was mediocre. HL1 had better gameplay.

Rabi-Ribi was GOTY 2016 you homo.

But HL1 had the shitty first person platforming in Xen, no vehicles and gravity gun. Considering that City 17 is among the best virtual worlds ever created in vidya, and the HL2 supporting cast being instant classics, it was an even deal.

But you're a contrarian teen who is just transitioning, so we have to bear with your judgement that everything good is now shit because lol old people.

That was Shadow Tactics you good taste hetero

CY+++

>Coty is A Hat in Time<

(checked for aids)
but this is objectively correct

lol

Cryptark is garbage. Heat Signature is pretty good though so I'll let it slide.

you are cancer

Pretty shi- oh this isn't a blog thread.
Definitely shit.

is that fucking shadman all over that wall?

I've never had to use any of those utility items when I played through SMD. Everything died in one or two hits. I have a friend who played through it too, and I figured out why it was so easy for me. I was using vitamins to increase my character's stats. Didn't need to grind or anything, just use consumables to permanently make my characters stronger.

I guess that answers what's between their legs.

My GOTY for 2017 so far is a 4-way tie of:

Cuphead is a pretty good contender too, but I haven't beaten it yet. I still need to play Battlechasers Night War, Hollow Knight, Super Mario Odyssey, and Blue Reflection before I can really settle on one as my personal GOTY. I probably won't get around to Blue Reflection though. I'd like to check out A Hat in Time too.

OneShot was pretty nice. I wouldn't say it was my 2016 GOTY, but still pretty enjoyable. I'm so glad tumblrtards didn't latch on to it like they did Undertale.

is not that great of a Zelda game. It's passable, but not great. I miss real dungeons. I had some fun with BOTW and the newest Zelda design is great Mipha and Urbosa are nice too.

It's shit.
Looks nice, haven't tried so much as the demo for it yet.

We should kick out weebs from Holla Forums

Slow, like the last several years.
NuPrey was good, fight me.
Near a Tomato was alright.
I think those are the only games I've played that were released this year. I've been mostly sticking to my backlog.

i think thats it for me, been gaming since 93

Check em

But I want to know your shit taste

Too many games to choose, heres some of the favorites of the years so you don't get triggered over me picking more than one game.

1995 - MechWarrior 2
1996 - Metal Slug
1997 - Symphony of the Night
1998 - Thief
1999 -Unreal Tournament
2000 -Deux Ex
2001 - AvP2
2002 -Remake
2003 - Fire Emblem
2004 - Metroid Zero Mission
2005 - Shadow of the Colossus
2006 - Company of Heroes
2007 - World in Conflict
2008 - Mount & Blade
2009 - Demon Souls
2010 - Fallout New Vegas
2011 - Dark Souls
2012 - Hotline Miami
2013 - Metal Gear Rising
2014 - Divinity Original Sin
2015 - Bloodborne
2016 - Earth Defense Force 4.1
2017 - Nier Automata
2018 - Bannerlord

Was 2009 really that shit for something so mediocre to make your GOTY?

How's it goin, Phil?

If you don't like it, hide it, retard. Maybe you could even bump the threads you do like, instead of coming in with your sage=downvote attitude.

And this is how i know it's the actual GOTY.
Also-
The amount of shit taste is worse than i thought.
A Tomato is FOTC.

Fuck
Kill yourself faggot

Here's my picks so far
>Breath of the Wild, given that you make some arbitrary restrictions while playing
Also that chart is pretty shit, here's what I'd do instead going in reverse order:

Sonic Mania for the one and only reason of
1 2 G A M E O V E R S

Mate the way you post is making me feel like a gay redditor for liking that game
Besides

This is definitely the best year in a long time.
Divinity original sin 2, A hat in Time, Battlechasers and Mario Galaxy all release within a few months of each other. Amazingly 3/4th of those games are kickstarter games too but those all turned out to be good.

Mario odyssey

What a fucking garbage list.
But, Sonic Mania so far.

1 2 G A M E O V E R S

Monster Hunter 4U for 2015.

cumonnigga.jpg

its a great game.
>>>/reddit/

Well, in the winter I got into Paradox games and tried them all. This eventually led to my discovery of Aurora, which I played for a while. I moved in the spring, so didn't play as many video games but I did do a partial playthrough of Baldur's Gate and start a Dwarf Fortress. Then, it was 2000 again for the summer. I got back into Age of Empires, Summoner and Sims. Then in August I downloaded Grimoire and played nothing but that for a month or so. Then I started a new character in Mount & Blade with the Medieval Conquest mod. Played that for a while. Then I brought a paladin up to level 11 in Angband before putting him on the backburner for a while. Then I decided to try Underrail, and that's what I'm playing now. And, as always, I've been playing Dominions, Morrowind and Diablo 2 off and on throughout the year. And that was 2017. Another great year for video games.

This year, we can have knife fights over the question of which game is GOTY. The worst aspect is, that it is too fucking early to tell according to list of upcoming games that came out of nowhere.

Seriously, look at that. Cuckchan's vgas are going to be a massacre.

No love for P5

I played persona and nioh. I guess those are my two contenders.

6/10, made me respond.

Impossible
I don't play Cucksona games
Every Persona after Persona 2 is fucking garbage

Still better than your garbage JRPG/VN hybrid

Brilliant argument.

I fucking grew up with the former and it is in no way better.

This Phil looks like a man of taste
But he is not me
There's more than one Solatorobo fan around these parts.

Devil Survivor is a fantastic game though. The large amount of player choice in the story, the challenging and unique combination of SRPG and regular RPG gameplay, the rock OST and general edge of the plot alongside Yasuda's art…It was gr8. The Law Ending in particular is tremendously satisfying and well worth the effort taking down each boss one by one.

Theres literally nothing wrong with kemono

This list is garbage. Also, >no mods

GOTY 2017 is Original Sin 2

Thats the thing, it really was
Theres maybe 7 games worth a shit in that year and they're mostly low key

-Arkham Asylum
-Demon Souls
-Arma 2
-Devil Survivor
-Men of War
-Bayonetta
-Stalker CoP

Seriously nigger

It was pretty good
Especially for its time
Whats your issue with it?

Your opinion is shit.

Arkham Asylum was a great example of what a video game should have been.

Instead of being a cutscene-driven interactive movie like Modern Warfare 2 was when it came out about two months later, Arkham Asylum actually encouraged you to explore, find secrets, and kept you busy for hours and hours in order to 100% the game. It was actually worth the $60 asking price.

If you don't agree, you should get prostate cancer. I think that's a game you could enjoy.

Then how can you judge whether or not Persona 5 is worth a damn user :^)
I heard its actually pretty damn great though.

I don't need to be a contrarian to feel confident in my tastes.

That's because I'm an adult.

+18 plus board here lad, sorry, you're not special
Oh wait, nevermind

You know as well as I do that the 18+ limit is followed here like on porn sites.

So what you're saying is that you're not actually over 18 year olds?

>I ONLY PLAY SERIOUS GAMES
lmao @ this virgin

This but this year has actually been a lot better than the last few as far as vidya goes.

Shouldn't you be polishing Hiroshimas pole right about now?
>>>/cuckchan/

Pity about every game that followed in the series.

Pull your heads out of your asses. This year's been the best in a while.

That's just off the top of my head. The 2010s have been a drought but it's stupid to pretend that things are still all bad.

You poor delusional soul.

Musou stars was fine, and it was published by kecmo. I see no reason a property they care more about wouldn't be fine as well.

Have you compared the recommended specs?

fuck off

So that’s a yes on you being delusional.

All the Banham games are shit because of their ass creed-tier combat. Fuck off.

is this some kind of bait?

That pic is all wrong. Let me fix it.

Toddposting, how retro.

Automata wasn't that great.

Have any mods of note been released this year?

Get with the times and buy your Goyculus Rift already with integrated Facebook networking, gramps.

But what about Fallout 4 Todd?

Freedom Planet is one of the greatest platformers ever made, taking the best parts of Sonic and Mega Man X and putting them together with great music and challenging pattern based boss fights.
OH BOY DID YOU LIKE THOSE MECHA BATTLES?
WELL TOO BAD, HERE'S ANOTHER ADAM AND EVE BOSS FIGHT.
The original Nier was better

stop it