Cyberpunk 2077 loses key developers

archive.fo/YNyrY

N E V E R E V E R

It just reminds me of Half Life 3 situations, where developers just left the company and everyone lost hope in seeing it ever being made. News from october 4, few days ago, but nobody made a thread.

I'm just waiting to see how the 2077 tabletop will turn out.

Press F to pay respects

So a producer, some ubishit and level designer and some drawfag? I'm not very moved by this news, wouldn't say their games have ever had particularly great level design as they are mostly just open environments filled with video game after the fact. I never expected this to be vaporware anyway, because nobody wants anyone to have nice things these days.

JUST

You obviously only played witcher 3.

to be anything but vaporware

No, I'm the user that prefers Witcher 1 and think everyone are plebs aside.

>EU/government funded research on (((multiplayer technology)))
Why was anyone excited for it in the first place?

Well, some people want open world deus ex game.

This is the second sign of a utter shit game!

Yeah, because we have so many of those, especially nowadays.
Nigger kill yourself, I fucking despite CDProjekt cocksuckers and this is the one of the most jaded fucking posts I've seen here.

How much you want to bet they get bought by someone and sit idle for a good few years with projects either struct down or cancelled. Seems like it's bordering on a husk a bit like Arkane and others.

The biggest sign here is that there were no news or screenshots of the game since the very first trailer. And then finally news come out - and those are bad news. Its like dead fish floating above the water.

Safe to say they got too big too fast then? It felt like in less than a year this company went from literally who's to being in headlines everywhere.

About all I take issue with is them not being much of a reader obviously, if they think alcoholic megalomaniacs are rare in the field.

If he was the same guy for the Witcher trilogy then good fucking riddance. None of the three Witcher games played remotely good in terms of combat.

It's Fucking Nothing : The Topic

Pleb.

How to become successful:
1. Release one good game, preferably fantasy rpg
2. Get positive reviews and make dosh
3. Create dumped down sequels and pay reviewers to praise sequels more
4. Make another "different" series to go along with it, preferably dystopian sci-fi
5. Make dosh, pay reviewers even if you betray old fans of genre and get rich and famous

And nobody would even blink about it. Bioware had this with Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Bethesda was doing it with TES and Fallout series. And now CDPR in fallout 3 phase, making its own sci-fi parallel series.
I actually don't have high expectations about Cyberpunk 2077, even if it will release, it will be witcher with guns.

Next partition of Poland when?

It already happened in 2004 when it joined the EU

Well that's gay

What do you mean play like other things? Witcher 2 and 3 are essentially fantasy Arkham and Witcher 1 kind of plays like runescape with the focus on preparation rather than the actual combat.
My problem is that

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

ooooo i herd u were selling a free lviv
ill dake id :–DDDD

The key of that is you need to duimb it down just enough to keep it functionally similar to the previous game, but more accessible. Oblivion is very similar to Morrowind, and Skyrim is similar to Oblivion. But compare Skyrim and Morrowind and they seem like completely different games.

Same with witcher 1&2 and 2&3.

They went too big and now it's biting them in the ass

And nothing of value was lost.

Why do I feel like I need to defend a shit company that's never made a good game from a bunch of Redditors?

You meme-spouting retards have to shit up EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Seriously just fucking kill yourselves.

was expected for early 2019, i guess it's late 2019 now

nah it was expected early never, now it's late ever

Calm your tits, man.

Well, they could start by not treating their employees like human waste.

Do you believe every chink reading glassdoor reviews?

Why would people lie on their reviews?

Then they would need to hire non-poles.

I want off this ride

Witcher 1 is the best of the series. It's what separates people that actually have played Witcher and normalfags who played 30 minutes of Witcher 2 and thought Witcher 3 was "The greatest RPG of all time" If only they knew what they were missing with W1.

Is everyone ITT ironic or just morons?

FUCK!

anons with good taste get more and more rare by the day, thank god there's a few of them left

Its the best in the series to be sure but its let down drastically by the combat being a bore, I don't get why people shit on the combat of 2 & 3 when its at least requiring you to at least pay more attention than witcher 1 combat.
Although I focused melee tree when apparently you can just upgrade igni and oneshot everything

its not saying much, the combat is pretty bad still

So, three producers and a level designer. A producer in a game studio is essentially management - they help the development process go smoother, but they don't code, work on art/sound assets, or even contribute to design decisions. They work on budgeting, schedules, and as intermediaries between departments. So, only real thing they "lost" is one level designer - not exactly "loses key developers".

Give wheat fields back pls

If producers have to manage budget among other things, isn't loosing 3 of them a sign the game is going through financial issues?
Maybe they are getting underpaid (or not paid).

It depends - a change in middle management could either be a case of them finding greener pastures elsewhere, or potentially, the project was falling behind schedule/over budget and the company itself decided to make a change in management. All we can know about is that they went from one studio to another. It could be that they did so of their own accord, or possibly they were shown the door. Regardless, loss of decent producers could lead a project to be further delayed or fall over budget (often, the former leading to the latter) but as long as they don't rush it, shouldn't be that major of a change in the end result.

Good news, everyone! Wild Hog finally hired a level designer.

This is what happens when you take too long to make a game that will end up being trash anyway.
TAKE A HINT, AMATEUR DEVELOPERS! MAKE YOUR SHIT FASTER OR BE DOOMED TO VAPORWARE-DOM! IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ANY FASTER, YOU HAVE A TECHNOLOGY PROBLEM AND ARE OVERSTEPPING YOUR BOUNDARIES!

OY VEY you makin me kvetch here
But seriously, it's pretty hard to grow shit when the Soviets salt the Earth and constantly patrol the streets. Besides, the red and black flag of the UPA is way better than blue and yellow.

Or Alvin.. Ironically.

reported for being an ukrop

lol

Off to a bad start.

that's not even concept art you retard

yeah, alcohol-addicted slavshits shouldn't really write anything

dropped

Why yes, let's have cucked liberal americans writing fiction instead

Only major loss here
Easily replaced. You never hear about legendary producers in the vidya industry, because they don't exist. Because it's an expendable position
Not nearly as important as anyone in a directing position. Another easily replaced role.
Another fucking producer.
What exactly are we supposed to be afraid of here? When a director, lead programmer, lead writer or lead artist leave then we can panic. People in the thread acting like this is as impacting as Marc Laidlaw leaving Valve when really it's impact is more like Andrew House stepping down as Playstation's CEO. The impact will be minor at worst and non-existent at best.