What's currently missing from the game industry?

With all the talk of corruption, greediness, and biases of the gaming media and in the companies themselves, it's made me wonder what exactly is currently missing from the game industry that's causing this to go onel? On the one hand, the ship has sailed for a lot of these companies to make any attempt to appeal to their "core" audience ever again, but you also have some smaller companies constantly popping up to appeal to this now open demographic. In addition, you also have the gaming media where they're stick in their own little clique and criticize anyone outside of the clique, but you also have new news sites popping up who are willing to let people in and not have any blant biases. However, despite all of this, we seem to be getting a constantly increasing layer of digust and hatred as time goes on. So, this leads to this question, what exactly is missing from the gaming that's causing this dissent to happen?

good games

You just answered your own question.

Gaming is dead, who cares at this point.

People who want to make videogames, not people that want to make videogames to make money.

Rather, what needs to be taken away from the game industry.

What's missing is a v i d e o g a m e you buy, play and enjoy. Not a money laundering scheme with DLC and season passes, not a multiplayer jewfest with sales of virtual items and cosmetics, but a singular GAME and then maybe a solid, fleshed out expansion with a lot of content. Bonus points if it's DRM-free.
VIDEO GAME.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make money, I'd rather have creators who are honest with wanting to make money by making good games. Compared to some problem glasses numale tranny with a goiter who wants to make games "to start a conversation or correct social injustice and make a better world".

The game industry is missing a lack of kikes.

Once the jealous mutants are eradicated the entire world will recover.

There's nothing wrong with that, but if you haven't played video games in your life and you want to tap into the money that vidya moves, you get shit, rushed products that fuck it up for everyone.

thread

You've asked a pretty complex question, but the answer to all of it is rather simple. What's missing is a critical mass of people who appreciate actual video games. Highly critical and skilled consumers of video games haven't been the mainstream market in at least twenty years, and the industry has shifted their focus to reflect where their revenue comes from.

Creativity, fun, honesty, actual game developers instead of sjw implanted faggots that did a (((game design degree))).
The same happened to games as did to film.
It became overrun with money, and money attracts the wrong elements, that are only focussed on money. Everything decayed from there.

Now the only alternative to shit, overpriced big budget games, is shit, less overpriced kEwL rEtRo lol ironic games deliberately pixelated to look and play like shit from a NES in 1988.
What's the point of going back 30 years.
The point is, laziness and lack of imagination.
Zero creativity.

A good game requires intelligence and artistry, a difficult combination.

That's just to make money really.
They want attention to advertise to make money.
Look at Anita 'Bondage Slut' Sarkeesian.
Does she believe what she is saying, or does she want cock and cash.

The real answer.

The people who started in games in the first place did it because they wanted to play a good game.
The ones now are all marketing cunts that need purging.

And they can't even get that right. Not a huge surprise since many of the fucks don't even like vidya, and their journo cliques friends don't either. Most of them almost always comes from a failed film wannabe background, or some faggy polisci and gender studies bullshit degree.

Pretty sure she believes that if you sign up now for a teleseminar at a costa rica retreat, you will maximize your earning and boning potential. Has she gotten a visit from the IRS yet.

talent

I think you're right about that.
Failed their way into it.
The result is that the graphics and everything else come out as soulless and forgettable.

Just like 'modern art', talentless people can conceal their lack of ability by claiming it is deliberately bad - as in 'retro'.
Others claim it is for budget or speed of development. If that is the case, making a low poly 3d game is easier in terms of graphics, even using prerendered for 2d animations - as was done in the early 90s.
The answer is, no talent.

It has been disturbing, watching it happen.
There have always been bad games, but the popular ones were made with excellence, and for that reason they were popular.
Now, there is only money, idiocy and ineffectuality.

Sega was started by kikes peddling penny arcades to military bases in Japan, back before there even was such a thing as vidya. And Sega was probably about as close as a company has gotten to being a mega-corp and still having a passion for creating fun games. Shame they couldn't make any money that way, and only managed to regain profitability by merging with a pachi-machine company and churning out bland garbage and terrible Sonic rehashes.

Fact is though, people by and large don't want fun games. They want to chase fads - to play what their friends are playing. They want surface level impressive digital experiences, and it doesn't matter if the actual product underneath is insubstantial garbage. They'd rather go to McDonalds for a $2 whopper that looks like it's been run over by a car a week ago, rather than visit their local establishments for a quality product made by people who care (or at least still have accountability in the community).

Jew are a problem, yeah.
The consumers which enable Judaism are a far bigger problem, though.

You're going to need a bigger oven.

I'm going to try.
12,000 is a small price to pay for a chance to lay with her, or even breathe the same air as her delicately hanging folds.

Making a low poly 3d model look good is pretty hard. Making 2d animation is more work, but it's easier.

considering the Holla Forums demographic shits on everything and screeches "SHILL" at anyone who tries to find out what Holla Forums would like in a game i would say better communication is needed because the only people who seem to communicate what they want are unwashed masses who want more idle clicker phone games

i'd go live there
(checked)

Yah this, when some mewling tranny gets a couple of their browbeaten temporary allies on side to bitch at these spineless fag game devs via twitter that's 3 times as many of them pissing and moaning for inclusion of shit no-one wants as there are 'normal' people who just want the game to be entertaining. That's what's ruining gaming and the systemic knock-on effect it has on who gets hired and fired is reprehensible insulting and childish.

This whiny bitch culture is curtailing free expression and encouraging self censorship in gullible doormat people who'll roll over at the first sign of 'offending' some 'well actually' word police twat who mouths off as if their griping shitmouth was anything anyone should listen to in the first place. These whingers are irrelevant little puke stains barfing out noise that does not deserve to be listened to, mostly because it was crafted in the delusional forge of their fucktarded heads and yet it's given more credence than an intelligent/sane person's concerns just because someone CLAIMS their feelies were hurt by the bad words.

What gaming needs is for Twitter to be shut down, either that or every Dev needs to GTFO it or only ever post updates and never interact with anyone and certainly never take criticism or alter their work because of it.

What's missing is a consumer base of video games that aren't normalfags.

Because normalfags don't care about the quality of games, and are very loose with their money. But more importantly, they DON'T PLAY GAMES for the experience of the game, broadly speaking. Most normalfags are looking to either fuck around with friends (hence everything being multiplayer) where quality doesn't matter because even watching paint dry is highly entertaining when you're drunk with friends; or they're looking for a timewaster, where essentially they have only a few minutes of their "busy lives" where they are waiting for something to happen and so need a shitty mobile game to occupy that time, a game that doesn't have any depth or complexity. It's the smartphone equivalent of Microsoft Solitaire, and has completely replaced stuff like reading a magazine while waiting at the doctor's office or on a bus. History will record that the death of reading came at the hands of Angry Birds.

The end result is that the industry ends up catering to the needs of normalfags, which alienates the people who care about quality games. This causes them to be more cautious with their purchases, and frequently pirate games instead of buying them. From the point of view of the production companies, that market has completely dried up, so they've abandoned us 100% in favor of the idiots who will pay out the nose for more timewasters or a chance to gain an edge over friends in a P2W game.

I agree with this. Even free content updates I don't like because then I'm constantly needing to update the game. It's like, yeah, thanks for the free shit. But why drip-feed it to me? Why not just save it up for one big update?

because constant little updates keeps you in the news and lets you drip-feed info so you dont have to sift through millions of emails going "where's the update?! i need an update! omg these bugs!"

It's not that there's something missing, but rather that the games industry has a variety of cancerous growths. The advertising and marketing arm, backed by the executives who have no idea what they're doing, often burn away hundreds of millions of dollars on stupid showy PR stunts, or private review events for journos and youtubers. Do they need to fly out 200 people across the world and give them an all-expenses paid vacation in an exotic country where they've set up tours, and sight-seeing, and built an entire themepark just for a bunch of chucklefucks and "influencers"? No. No they don't. But they do it anyways.

A journo might even succumb to his guilt and pen an article about how getting invited to a fancy rooftop party after a day of ATV riding had nothing to do with the game they were being paid to promote, but for the most part, they keep their mouths shut and enjoy all the free shit. Sure, they might complain that they don't make a lot of money as journos, but all the perks are more than enough for them to stay part of that collective tumor for decades if they can help it. They love the special treatment and the feeling of being a pseudo-celebrity.

Likewise, the constant parade of expos, conventions, trade shows, and press events means that developers are constantly halting work on their game to shit out a half-assed demo build and a new trailer cut. They may not even have a fully playable game, but FUCK THAT! E3 is next week and they need a trailer for the conference to play alongside the 50 other trailers they'll shotgun at the audience in between showing off their stage cars and live orchestras. All money that I'm sure guarantees the quality of the games they're hyping!

tl;dr - The problem with the games industry is that the industry doesn't care about making games as much as it cares about advertising them.

Then why is this thread allowed to exist:

I'm not referring to bug fix updates, that's fine to drop some bug fixes once a week or so. But this constant "Here's a single new gun/map/quest" is annoying. Especially when you look back on the release schedules for these things and realize it could've just been one big update.
It's not only dumb to drip-feed because it's annoying, but it also makes non of the updates feel new. When you add a single new gun or map to your game it's just business as usual. But if you drop 6 new maps and 12 new guns all at once. Suddenly there's a whole lot of wow factor that'll bring in a lot of new and old players in at the same time.

Hard to argue with facts.

Though I would point out that entertainment media across the board is having a massive fall in sales. It's almost like the market hasn't seen any growth in the past few decades and raising cost of living is causing them to go from being 'frugal' with their entertainment to simply not paying for it.

I was on a different board where someone asked the question, "would you rather pay more for games or deal with microtransactions". My response was neither. I suggested that they slash development budgets - and one of the ways to do that, was by significantly reducing or eliminating voice actors.

You'd think I was asking these people to give up electricity. The amount of backlash I got was just ridiculous - despite a lot of games already ignoring voice acting, or using it very sparingly for main quests and cinematics only - with the vast bulk of flavor text and sidequests being text only.

To put it plainly - these ignorant fucks would rather pay extra money out of their own pockets, than have to undertake the apparently grueling task of having to read a bit.

those are games are what people like but what im saying is you need to articulate why you like those fucking games because then anyone who tries to make something similar will just get shit on for not making a 1:1 carbon copy

its encouraged by normalfags who are impatient fucks and would actually prefer the drip-feed schedule over waiting for a big update. same reason cawadoody does yearly releases. i heard some interview where they were saying people were clamoring for more frequent releases

That goes for podcasts too, I'm fucking sick to the back teeth of hearing people hobbling themselves, or worse trying to revise the history of their own product to bleep out swears or hurty words that might 'trigger' some weakling who stumbles upon their backlog.

The creatives willing to do such are worse than the faggots complaining about it.

Even though the already rapid release is what cheapens the brand and is why multiplayer games rarely last longer than 3 years anymore…
2007 was a mistake

Right. Game publishers have established a complex, plausibly deniable, but fairly reliable system whereby they purchase the opinions of a relative handful of influential people, in turn generating nigh automatic revenue from normalfag youtube watchers incapable of independent decision-making. Since it all takes place on the internet where no one remembers anything for more than a week, no one ever stands to lose any reputation for blatantly duping the public. And if a few youtube personalities do go down, no one cares because there are thousands more ready to take their place for a small bit of personal profit.

I think a lot of game devs are missing passion, and that's why a lot of games feel terrible to play.
Simply put I don't think anyone at say Bioware or Capcom who actually enjoy their work or the medium or actually want to make something enjoyable, they just want to get paid. And I realize it's a childish thing to say for an adult to want to get paid is a bad thing, but I think that any job where you're creating a product has to has some form of passion behind it for it be good.

After reading through the thread, these seem to be the 5 most common points:
Is there anything anyone wants to add or reword about that?

Most importantly, that too much market research and journalism is done about games.
That if all journalists stopped writing about it, and all market research was ceased, games would improve naturally on their own.

none of it is the reason

You just repeated what I had said in my post.
Talentless imbeciles revert to 2d pixelated detritus because they are incapable of creating anything that needs skill to look good.
That's why all 'retro' games are 2d 1980s turdpiles.

If you have skill, making a 3d model and animating it saves a ton of time. That they don't do this is the evidence I was demonstrating for their utter lack of ability.

inb4 you repeat what I said again, while being convinced that you are somehow correcting the record.

What's missing is something you can't get back: Hobbyists running the hobby.

I still kept all my old magazines, some dating back to 85, 86. Old Computer & Videogames issues, and if you read them, you'll see it's all 30-40 year old tech heads and HAM radio nuts that graduated into hardcore gaming and approached the hobby from a tech head stand point. As a kid growing up, that's what led me into the hobby, into computers/computing and learning how it works.

They wrote long articles explaining RISC chips and the Yamaha sound chips used in the Genesis, and how the Konix Slipstream was the greatest idea never properly fulfilled. Even in later mags, like Diehard Gamefan (Up until '97 or so) would talk about import changes, frame rates, pixel-to-pixel comparisons and such….but now?

Nobody coming into the hobby cares about the minutiae anymore…and it's that meaningless crap that everyone ignores that is what kept the hobby at a high bar all around. The followers, the gamers, the customers, the devs, the publishers, they all knew the lingo and the tech and the way it all worked.

Call it an eternal September, call it whatever you want, but when the gaming hobby got turned over to the layman, it died.

You can't get it back now.

All the other posters i read the posts of are idiots. Nothing's "missing" in the industry. What's missing is in our western culture. When gaming was at its heights it was already reaping the benefit of previous generations's values. Today in 2017 so many things have gone missing since 1981 that our society simply does not contain the moral and physical qualities that allow good games to exist. We can only play the masterpieces of previous generations and marvel at their achievements, all while suffering the agony of knowing they were far from perfect and far from done.

THIS

consequence

cause

And this is also important to consider too

kike don't equal to 100% of suits.

I miss the social parts of games. I miss being able to invite friends over to play the games with me, now everything is either online-multiplayer or just single-player. It sucks.

The audience.

Talent, heterosexuals, white people, the list goes on