FIGHTING GAME GENERAL: INFINITE EDITION

Ruby Rose trailer leaked: a.pomf.cat/xcfbyu.mp4
New "Play Movie" gameplay trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=1FqFup1vYPQ
The game will be playable at NYCC(10/05~10/08), RTX London(10/14~10/15), South East Asia Majors(10/14~10/15) and Arc Revolution Cup(10/21)

New gameplay trailer and features teased at GameInformer: youtube.com/watch?v=2yaesPMD9dU
Character breakdown for Yamcha, Tenshinhan, SSJGSSJ Goku and SSJGSSJ Vegeta: gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/06/exclusive-gameplay-guides-for-dragon-ball-fighterzs-newest-characters.aspx
New mechanic involving the Dragon Balls during the match teased: imgur.com/a/c4kjy DBFZ features the same battle planner as P4U: twitter.com/notBaf0/status/915331733712666625

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is announced: youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ
It features every content from Season 1 and Season 2 (Characters and respective premium costumes), Arcade Mode, Extra Battle, Gallery and gameplay changes like new V-modes. All those new additions will be a free update to all users.
Physical version will feature the base game plus codes for Season 1 and Season 2 Character pass: shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/

Raiden is released: youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo8eKVqttY
Atom is announced for the game: youtube.com/watch?v=qCGrT-SkClM

The steam release is out: store.steampowered.com/app/577940/Killer_Instinct/

The game is now out, The first DLC character, Monster Hunter trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=90Fkgjv1pJc
Developers acknowledge Spider-man's infinite with the Reality Stone: twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/915370743881359360

After the crowdfunding campaign, there are still chances for Dark Heart and her arcana through revised stretch goals for BackerKit: arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
Steam page is up: store.steampowered.com/app/661990/Arcana_Heart_3_LOVEMAX_SIXSTARS/

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.

DLC will end in 2017. Opoona themed costume for Marie Rose will be released for Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold users celebrating 10million downloads of Core Fighters version.

Allen Snider and Doctrine Dark confirmed as a new playable characters: youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg youtube.com/watch?v=9At1i-tzCkE

TGS trailer and extended gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=zAlJ9qhr2wA youtube.com/watch?v=_laDWgM668Y youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM

Jubei is out on consoles and PC along with CF2.0 balance update. Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

Tekken Bowl and costumes are out: youtube.com/watch?v=4m97Hm6Dmbc
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU

Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd. Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pkMNgoUnLSM

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
youtube.com/watch?v=A0_XX-ms9sY
youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4
youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
youtube.com/watch?v=PUmIQaeZSIQ
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/nmGX6
arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/.
culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/evoga/evoga1.htm
gog.com/game/garou_mark_of_the_wolves
archive.is/XPnNz
clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticHungryGoatPMSTwin
twitter.com/fubarduck/status/915958758517248000
archive.is/TvZCM
youtube.com/channel/UCpNIh58w55YtdetpL9Mjxhw
nerfnow.com/comic/2175
youtube.com/watch?v=amDLJga73EU&list=PL60025400E93DF91C
twitter.com/anissakate?lang=en
clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulViscousOctopusUWot
youtu.be/22E5ectnU4o
archive.is/UVrGE
go.twitch.tv/capcomunity
twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/918734481128861696
twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/918747893431001090
archive.fo/AI3aA
archive.is/ehXy2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Touhou 15.5: The Antinomy of Common Flowers will be released on October 15th. Doremy confirmed as a playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
TRAF: Suits of Fate: New build will be available at BGS in 10/12~14
Fight of Gods version 1.0.3 released: steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
Punch Planet combos: youtube.com/watch?v=A0_XX-ms9sY
Cerebrawl v0.6.8 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Jaguar in the 1.4 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA. Newest backer build: youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4 Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
Earth Romancer alpha gameplay trailer released. Crowdfunding coming "soon." youtube.com/watch?v=PUmIQaeZSIQ

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/nmGX6

Post your mains.

I just bought pic related as my first Tekken game eariler this week. Who's considered beginner friendly in this game? I'm liking how Jun plays so far, but that's it.

New and improved.

What the fuck is Arcsys smoking?

Hello Everyone!

Today we have a progress update for you and an announcement for new goods on BackerKit. Let’s get to it!

ARCANA HEART 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! PC Release in December

The port over work is proceeding smoothly and our publisher, ARC SYSTEM WORKS has officially announced a release date of December. SIX STARS is also now up on Steam.

The December release of ARCANA HEART 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! will be a port of the Japanese arcade version with some bug fixes. The Beta Version Download & BBS Access reward will apply not to this port over from the Japanese arcade version, but will apply to updated version that will include the balance improvements, the new character, Shark Girl, and the new Arcana, Paracelsia.

When the release date for the Beta Version Download & BBS Access details have been confirmed, an announcement will be made here in the updates.
New Add-Ons

These pixel art Angel stickers are super weather resistant and ready for a ride on your itasha or wherever you want to put them in action. Stickers measure about 8cm x 4cm (3.15in x 1.57in)*, so are perfect anywhere. Two stickers included, each with a different design. *Sizes vary slightly for each character design.

These Angel illustration stickers are super weather resistant and ready for a ride on your itasha or wherever you want to put them in action. On the big side at 13cm x 8cm (5.12in x 3.15in)* Also included is Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars logo sticker measuring 6.5cm x 3.5cm (2.6in x 1.38in). *Sizes vary slightly for each character design.

Wedding Day Heart and Saki (left), Swimsuit Saki (right)

Powerfully huge tapestry. Measures 90cm x 180cm (35.43in x 70.87in). These massive tapestries are reissues of tapestries used in past events or had limited runs at the Examu Shop.
Staff Illustration Reproduction

The Staff Illustration Reproduction shikishis production will be delayed due to a late start on the surveys. Currently we are looking at the end of October as the time when backers will be able to choose which illustrations they want. We will post an announcement as soon as the illustrations have been completed.
BackerKit Pre-Orders Extended through November 19th

As the Staff Illustration unveiling will not come until the end of October, we have decided to keep BackerKit pre-orders open until November 19th.
T-shirt Size Addition

XXL has been added as a size option for the T-shirts. We apologize for this late entry, but for those who would like to switch sizes, you may still do so until November 19th.

If you need to review your information or change your pledge status, you can return to your survey by clicking the link in your survey email or requesting your survey link under "Lost your survey?" on our BackerKit project page at arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/.
English/ Japanese Language Option

Last, but certainly not least, many of you have inquired whether SIX STARS will have multiple language options. SIX STARS will have interfaces and subtitles in both English and Japanese. Audio will be in Japanese only.

Thank you again for your support! We will see you soon!

Always Eddy Gordo

At least put a real man's game, OP. :^)

Also to add on to this post, why on earth was RWBY picked instead of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Hell make it JUMP in general since they've also worked on DBZ and Fist of the North Star.

If they were going to completely re-do Guilty Gear's sprites in 720-1080 they just would've done that instead of doing Xrd's cel-shaded style. They can't put cel-shaded models into a sprite game without them looking hilariously out of place, so they don't put Guilty Gear in. Here, compare AC+R Slayer to Akatsuki from UNIEL. It'd look like a bad joke if they just upscaled it.

I get your point, but I'd rather them re-do GG sprites than fucking RWBY. Hell JoJo's is the 2nd best choice. Who doesn't wanna see Star Platinum punch the shit out of the fucker who killed SMT.

I meant that's his sprite from UNIEL.

Not really, since the '98 game was a Capcom property, and the new ones are a Bandai-Namco properties, both of whom Arcsys is technically competitors with.

So is Dragon Ball

It's a terrible choice and would've been better reserved for guest characters.

I actually forgot about that, my bad.

These niggers better start shilling or put more otaku bait rewards like they did during the kickstarter

How did Maximilian become so popular?

He's just knowledgeable enough to bullshit the uninformed masses.

umvc3
dr. doom

Lowest common denominator """hype""" faggotry

Today I learned more about the "King of Mexicans" meme, and found out some interesting stuff.
>this is also why Angel (the KOF character) dislikes gambling

no idea, he and is crew are just low rent TBF

Will Infinite be at EVO Japan?
Anyone going?

Where can I read about this? That's incredible.

Well at least they did something right.

That's bloody hilarious.

Here's the full thing sadly it's in taco only
culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/evoga/evoga1.htm

Just like how Fallout 3 has over 300 endings, most likely

probably a few pages of their quality art

Woah fucking shocking. Not.

it's probably a display of solidarity and homage to American anime fandom and the late creator tbch. despite what you might assume from the internet, many of the Japanese populace have absolutely 0 concept for how widespread Japanese animation is as an artform. you have to understand japan is an island nation that speaks a language that practically no place else in the world does, unlike a place like America. rwby managed to break through in japan and it probably broke people's fucking brains to learn that it was made by an American.

"team red" making xrd is an important distinction from the talent behind blazblue. completely different talent is behind the development of BB/cross battle as GG.

Garou's on GOG now for some reason.
gog.com/game/garou_mark_of_the_wolves
Too bad it's the same Dotemu-based port as the Steam version, though.

Is Darkstalkers Dead?

Can't get the global market without some pandering to USA. Most obvious example is Mr Sonic Boom.

Reminder, Marvul vs Crapcom Infinishit bombed.

Nightmare Geese for halloween

Is Injutits2 still popular online?

which female fighting game character is chronic masturbater?

once again
also the thing they announce is not one of the hundreds of grievances people had with SFV

Daily reminder that Yuzuriha is best girl.

archive.is/XPnNz

Now Capcucks are gonna say, "THERE ARE TOO MANY TOURNEYS!" to defend this. Capcucks are on suicide watch.

clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticHungryGoatPMSTwin

Virgin Capcuck minority tries to defend sleazy, DRM-infested disc-locked content by saying pussy, weed, and alcohol are gone, not knowing how companies can take away DLC from you (i.e. Little Big Planet to some extent, Midway/WB games pulling old arcade games like Gauntlet 1 & 2 and Rampage away from the stores, etc.). More news at 11.

FOUR ENTRANTS!

B-b-b-b-bBUT THERE'S ANOTHER TOURNEY GOING WITH…20 ENTRANTS! WE'RE ALL THERE, GOYS WITH MAXIMILIAN AND GEOFF THE SJWCUCK HERO!

No wonder they've been getting away with bullshit for so long.

More like injustrannies.

Oh how the sexy have fallen.
I bet it has something to do with Netherrealm being associated with DC and as such you can't have big titty monsters anymore.

SFV and MVCI is better

What makes Injustice 2 worse than those?

I think he's joking user.
I don't know, I haven't played it.

95% of the female roster looks like shit thanks to Sjws and Ed Boon being a cuck to Sjws and WB Games (Raven still looks like shit, and Starfire's transition to 3D is horrible). Wonder Woman also got censored, and still has a face that rivals Ken's ugly SFV face.

While awful, that doesn't exactly make a game bad. I'm talking more about gameplay mechanics and such.

Loot boxes and shit balance that didn't get any better.

Speaking of Injustass, NRS apparently fucked up the last patch, as it took away everyone's gear. They also released Raiden early for Xbox One owners (which is ironic knowing the FGC was okay with Arcsys telling Xbox 360 owners to go fuck themselves when they had to wait 4 more months for Valkenheim while PS3 owners got to use him. I had a goon tell me I was a spoiled cunt for calling out their shit years ago).

I've been to Yatagarasu tournaments bigger than that.

the evo yatagarasu tournament?

Nah, some guy randomly hosted it one day at my local fgc. 16 people joined in, it was pretty solid.

How so?

There are usually maybe 5 or so characters that are god tier making the rest of the cast useless in terms of competing. They also release balance patches constantly making learning certain character difficult.

Sonic Fox pretty much dominated Injustass 2 tourneys by picking bullshit zoning characters like Deadshot or some other bullshit top-tier like Darkseid like he ruined MKX tourneys with Alien (We had an image of people bitching about Sonic Fox already ruining Injustiass 2 tourneys). People began to stop going to events knowing Boon didn't learn anything from Injustass 1 and MKX's mistakes. A guy I hated from my old job was gonna enter a tourney until he pussed out (I always rolled my eyes when he whined about shit-tier characters like Gorilla being cheap). Darkseid, Black Atom, and Deadshot are still bullshit good. You can do the math with lootboxes.

Bullshit zoning as in there are very limited ways to get around it and close the distance or bullshit zoning as in chip damage out the ass?
I haven't played MKX or Injustice 1 either.

Every one is gonna be a single Udon illustration or something equally heinous. Capcom are the monkey paw masters.

Hopefully.

Thanks. Zoning always seems to be really strong in these games just from the way movement works combined with the constant threat of chip damage. I remember the stupid pressure Injustice 1 Superman could do with laser vision and two punches into ice breath.

Both from what I'm getting. He really has no bad matches with Darkseid and Black Adam, and Starfire only has one bad match. Oh yea, some of the top tiers are disc-locked characters by the way, so you need to buy them if you want to get into the game (Darkseid, Starfire, Redhood). Boon and WB have to make that money back somehow, goyim.

I hope it stays dead, eventually Ono will get his hands on it, ruining another popular series. Ghosts and Goblins is apparently next in line for being ruined by Capcom after they're done with Monster Hunter. I'm not looking forward to the new GnG at all.

Here's a reminder that there will be more Marvel movie-tie-ins than Capcom characters because no one gave two flying fucks about this game. Another reminder MvCI was really nothing more than Movie Tie-in: the video game. They didn't even bother to put in silhouettes or anything. It just screams "Incomplete AF."

It's either Shekels vs. Functions or Movie-Tiens vs. Functions.

my vf5fs local casuals drew 10 people

I read that rumor but I doubt Capcom will live that long though. At the pace they're going, all they'll have to show at next year's game shows will be crappy, overpriced DLC for SFV, MvCI and MonHunW.

How is that layout gonna work when there is 4 marvel dlc characters and only 2 capcom?
Are they gonna re organize it once the last marvel character drop to be something like MvC1? or are they gonna leave awkwardly unbalanced just like the gameplay balance?

It's gonna be the dark souls of ghost and goblins

Man I remember all that fucking effort that went into the secrets and secret characters of the older games. Did they outright stop doing secrets and whatnot?

Is there a better idiom for this sentiment? I enjoy games with high skill ceiling and brutal but fair difficulty. I wince whenever I catch myself almost saying "take x but combine with Dark Souls" for an example.

I meant that as in they're going to make it an actual dark souls clone.

Oh.

Fuck.

Same question, though.

Say that it's the Ninja Gaiden of x instead

It's going to be the hardest GnG?
I don't get why this idea of needing to describe something in terms of X. It just seems like a terrible way, even though it's the most convenient.

That'll work. Assuming the casual I'm talking to knows what Ninja Gaiden is. Thanks.

Yeah, you're right. It's just, as you said, convenient.

You should watch Made in Abyss. It's like the Dark Souls version of Dungeon Meshi. :^)

I don't like depressing stories about lolis.

Anyways back to fighting games, what's the deal with the newest DBZ? I missed the beta.

It's all cool

Made in Abyss pays off. There's a serious perserverance theme, where the bitterness is endured in the pursuit of the sweet. In spite of everything, its anime adaptation's first season finale is being called one of the most satisfying season endings in history.

The harder journey is more satisfying.

Just like Dark Souls. :^)

They also said that there would be no "arcade version" in the first place. Gutter trash.

twitter.com/fubarduck/status/915958758517248000

SFV Arcade Edition won't have arcade cabinets. Apparently Capcom and Taito couldn't reach a deal.

What's go to Arcsystem game atm? Rev2? I only played their games when I went to a friend, I don't really know how their system works. Is it like MK and Injustice where people just go to the newest one when they drop, or like SF/MvC Tekken/SC, separate playerbases and both active communities?

Darkstalkers could come back and even not be terrible but there's absolutely no way that today's Capcom could make it in good in a "Darkstalkers" way. like every character has crazy sprite mutations across their whole move lists, it would HAVE to be sprite based (never happening) or involve MvC3 Shuma amounts of work for every single character (infeasible). so for all intents and purposes yeah it's dead

So what would be the MKX equivalent of deadshot? Flame fist Liu Kang? I'm only spectating here but that damage seems insane.

Not even close my negro friend, don't talk about stuff you barely know about

It's why I ask.

Mortal kombat 11 leak:
archive.is/TvZCM
Saw it in codex thread, probably old news

Why is it that SNK and Arc System Works are pretty much the only fighting companies to make/announce the DLC after launch?

MKX sounded pretty cool pre-release. wish netherrealm would stop chronic-patching all their games, though. makes learning them pointless. they should space that shit out and make it consistent.

Maybe Taito realized that nobody is going to play this worthless piece of shit in Japan anyway when they have better options or maybe Cashcom became poor as fuck to afford it if not both. On a side note, this reminded me of Linux version.

If there's one thing about nu-Capcom that is somehow good is that they don't listen to their fans. Ever since they showed off Jedah for Shekels vs Functions, I'm seeing droves of retards shouting about how much "we need a Darkstalkers in this style". Guess "ugly and censored" counts as a style in this day and age. Thanks, post-modernism!
I normally don't care much for what normalfags yap about but gotta say that one triggers me.
I like Darkstalkers a lot. It's why I don't want to see its corpse torn apart by kikes, talentless assholes and normalfag audiences complaining about how they can see Felicia's ass, Anakaris not being a nigger because WE or how Midnight Bliss is literally rape.

God I wish you were right. I made a friend overseas who I [spoilered]bodied[/spoiler] in AEfor 360 and he switched to V when it came out.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I found out it isn't getting a genuine arcade relief because when I first saw "Arcade Edition" as the name, I had an "okay Street Fighter is officially dead" moment. if they and Taito arrived at a deal, SFV would have become the main game, inevitably, for being both the current release and being all over Japanese arcades. thank God that isn't happening.

they don't listen to their fans about what good games they want to come out (Darkstalkers being a poor example, it'd be a dumb investment and nobody would buy it) but they listen plenty about random bullshit that ruins the games that are already out.

the way SFVAE's arcade mode is all about "visiting and reliving moments from classic Street Fighter games" or some shit makes it seem to me like the whole game is just for kids and people who never got with the series previously, like how Ono said that one time SF4 was really supposed to get people into playing 3S (he was probably speaking purely for himself though). THAT wouldn't make much sense, but using SFV to convince kids to play the newest arcade release (Ultra) makes PERFECT sense. Ultra's still being supported, too. according to someone in Discord, a recent patch buffed Deejay s. strong. It's way better as an anti-air now.

Saying X is the Dark Souls of Y to express difficultly means you haven't played very many games. Dark Souls isn't difficult, you just need to pay attention and games from CURRENT YEAR are generally no where as difficult as those from previous eras.

What games are the Ninja Gaiden 3 on the NES of today?

Acidic Alien. Even with nerfs, Alien is still bullshit.

Ninja Gaiden Black

I like how the white guy just threw all the shills under the bus when he named all of them. He even named max. It makes me think he's a mole

by "pay attention" I assume you mean figure out how and when to get good gear early on. all the "git gud" meme translates to is "learn how to circumvent garbage game design to win with no effort." Dark Souls is the 3S of action RPGs.

hey you're welcome. jk go home scrub

Kill yourself, cunt.

after you, streamboar fatass. seeing how long you can take a walk without having a heart attack might do the trick.

What is a steamboar fatass, dipshit?

How long did it take you to come up with something retarded like that? Piss off for defending shit like MKX.

the absolute STATE of reddit kid streamboars rn. praise moot's ghost for filter by ID

Been playing the original Ninja Gaiden on the Hueg on Hard for the first time in a decade, the game's so crazy intense.
I wonder if hotswapping's hard or risky, I don't wanna have to buy Splinter Cell and a USB cable to softmod the system to play Black and other games I missed.

That's some really retarded shit I just read.

awwww yeeeeeee. btw they have NG Black brand new for $75 only one in stock, if anyone's into that sort of thing

Totally coming any day now. Any day now. If Nioh's coming then NG is too, right?
Is Ninja Blade a decent clone?

see me in Alpha 3 Nightmare Edition

I'm practicing for a local butoden 2 tournament, anyone want to play in kaillera?

All fighting games are bad though. Why would you ever play one?

But that show kind of sucks, user.

fighting games are the best and purest video games out of all video games.

spite

same thing as listening to rock music:

To feel like badasss even tough i am a weak bitch

>Never played a fightan before Tekken 7
How do you manage to learn wavedash and Korean backdashing yet not learn how to do proper spacing?

They're savants, for some reason their execution is insanely good, but when push comes to shove they can't play for shit. I know a guy like that and the problem lies in the fact that they learn how to run before they can walk, basically he in particular looked at those high-level guys on Youtube, but only understood what they are doing on a surface level since the only thing he saw was seemingly sporadic movement and lots of electrics.

It reminds me how people who aren't good at fighters or don't play them think combos are everything when all they do is heavily reward good fundamentals. It's everything between the combos that matter the most. That big 60% damage combo means nothing if you can never hit it or get out of the corner.

play Ingrid's game

Play grapplers or shotos.

Also, please stop playing games where you beat up cute girls. That's wrong.

But how will I show the world that Mini Akuma is the best cute girl if I don't beat up the other cute girls with her

the problem is that the active player base already owns the Windows 10 version, why would you buy a game twice just to play with some begginners?

I still want to try it out, I just won't be able to download the game until January.

runs like a dream. had no problem recording at 60fps, even if I did bastardize the resolution. PSP game so w/e. Capcom could port this game as-is to Steam with online and it would solve absolutely every problem people have with having a current SF game that rewards skill and has good SP content.

Using V-ISM isn't a skill.

Oh my fuck Plup just beat Armada.

no but using it is. don't tell me you're one of those people who thinks it's "broken" from watching turbo button CMVs, are you? I was like you once

o my bad I thought you said "picking" lol

post 30 seconds of you playing melee. it'd be p sad if you're nothing but a streamboar for a game made with literal toddlers in mind

How is this meme not dead yet?

What a surprise.

V-ISM is absurd because it turns everyone into SFV Balrog where one hit confirm can easily drag someone from one corner into the next and then you can continue juggling the opponent and gain back nearly half your meter while taking more than 50% of the opponents health. Even the start-up of it allows you to immediately follow up with a reversal if you see the opponent jump. It's just an insanely powerful tool.

I'm talking about Upper/Max which for all I know addresses things like this. (there's no high level play of it on YT and SRK Wiki has next-to-nothing on it) Even so, V-ism has a damage nerf. if we're gonna play theory fighter, you could pick X-ism and put retard strength on everything you do and kill a V-ism before they even build their gauge. or bait out the pop-in and punish it.

I've already played my quota for games that make me feel "hardcore" and I've never had any fun with Dark Souls. a friend tried to show me once and he was adamant about "teaching" me that there's one right way to play it that involves buffing your character in every possible way at every earliest opportunity. no thanks. garbage game design

You're mister (71) from the last thread, aren't you?

you're one obnoxious little shit. am I going to have to filter half this thread or what? I'm well on my way.

Looks like it.

If you're going to bring up a non-fighting game in the fighting game thread, at least be prepared to discuss it.

If you want to watch some high level gameplay of A3, then Gamechariot is a pretty nice channel.
youtube.com/channel/UCpNIh58w55YtdetpL9Mjxhw

It has some dumb mechanics problems but this isn't even the case. A straight sword can carry you through the game with ease as it has a great moveset, speed, and the thrust attacks for easy poking against larger opponents. Magic makes the game even easier as you don't even need to get close to most enemies. You can go in blind (like most people here) and you'll naturally find a build you like along with a weapon that just kills everything like a katana, estoc, or zweihander.

The build he showed you most likely just made the game easy mode but that doesn't mean other builds aren't viable. Hell you can beat the game without leveling up.

You're not the one to talk after defending MKX like a cuck faggot, faggot.

*teleports behind u*

Other then what's his face being gay (and it wasn't even shoved in your face so who gives a fuck) what was sjw pandering in MKX?

Oh boy! Time to dig through tons of outdated BB videos.

well, I have it on Steam still. I can always reinstall and give it another go if the mood strikes me. I just never got why it's so huge or why people act like it's so great. I'm a guy who's beaten God Hand, CV3 Trevor-only, and the original Zelda without a guide, and Dark Souls manages to try my patience.

and I'm no stranger to gamechariot or any of the other long standing high-level match channels. my point is while I see people pick V-ism plenty, I've never seen somebody use its strengths to the point that it negated having to be good at the game itself (having strong fundamentals still always wins). people do just fine with A-ism, too, albeit more rare.

my real point is A3 is way better than jive and has the godlike World Tour mode for SP

the pieces are starting to fit together. pretty neat how 8ch lets you type out reports :^)

Why not just search for what you want? Just search SFZ3 and you'll find tons of Alpha 3 footage.

It's not that it's a "I win" button but it's just absurdly powerful. A similar mechanic that I think was handled better was in EX+ Alpha 2. It didn't do nearly as much damage and you could use the meter to break guard or super.

*autocombos u to death*

I was a wee babby when EX was current, I had friends that played it and it fell out of favor for A2/3. it looks interesting but I'd way sooner invest time in A3, it's way too unique for me to pass up. the way air techs are implemented ala airdashers but still in a very SF kind of way is really cool

It only found a few videos. Am I not using the right search function?

You may want to try refining your search with time filters, or the names of specific tournament series. There may be an SFA discord, but that's a rabbit hole and a half.

Is this a good fightstick?

idk. what gate is it? how well can you piano/roll with the buttons? does it register your directional inputs well?

real pros play with this fightstick

I found ad for it while looking online for a fightstick and I wanted to know if it was any good. it's going for $80.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAGH
BUUUUUURNING HAMMER!

For $80, it's probably decent. Do your homework and read reviews; my searching tells me this stick was released in 2012, so legacy support on PS4s and current PCs may be a hassle. Furthermore, ensure you handle it before purchase to see if the spring/gate/buttons have worn out. They aren't too expensive to replace, but if you do have to do a repair yourself it'd behoove you to know what you're getting into.

if you end up having to repair (read: change parts) then what's the difference between buying something like that or a mayflash for $30

I think BBCF is the most active ArcSys game but they each keep their player base pretty well. Keep in mind that as a smaller fighter, "active" has a different meaning from what you might be used to.

MMmmmm… nakked Wonder "Anissa Kate" Woman.

Dark Souls of web-comics
nerfnow.com/comic/2175

DarkStalkers is UN-dead. Haha

MvCi's best stick is Desk's (see youtube link)

I need help with controllers
I am currently using a bootleg ds3, works fine but sometimes I am unable do some moves, the contorller is seriously oversized and I cant bend my thumbs in certain ways. That said, I am 100% sure I do the right inputs, but in some games like alpha 3 the command wont come out, yet sf4 works smoothly

Do you use a (quality and decent sized) gamepad for fightan, does it work with any kind of backwards imput? Also, does alpha 3 read inputs awkwardly or it's just me?

it's the most recent game in the series, probably still has plenty of players. hot pic btw

A friend of mine has this stick, and I've played a couple of matches on it, I can confirm it's good.
I think it used to retail for like 200 bucks, so if it's still in good condition $80 is a good deal. Used to be in hori's upper tier of sticks, but keep in mind it won't work on current gen consoles unless you put in a new PCB yourself.

Works flawlessly on PC btw, not sure why the other user seems to think previous gen controllers are ever an issue on PC.

Win10, but you shouldnt be using win10 anyways

a-cho still does regular sfa3 streams
>youtube.com/watch?v=amDLJga73EU&list=PL60025400E93DF91C

A3 is one of those games with really precise input detecion so the subconscious flubs you make when executing something on P2 side as opposed to P1 are going to be a lot more frustrating. it's something to work on. I'd recommend an Xbox controller if you have one, it might have a "problem" D-pad but it beats creating a security hole by using a 3rd party app to use it in the first place. 360 d-pad never stopped me from hanging with seasoned RBFF2 players on supercade, either

you clearly never owned a round 1 TE for PS3

Oh right, I have literally 0 experience with Win10 as of now, so I have no clue about any possible issues that could come up with using it.

yes you should. especially when win10 has the unique distinction of being given out for free. new apps are made for current OS. you always want the newest OS. glhf trying to run that brand new app that does everything you wanted the last one to do but only works on win10.

if how well you run games is an issue, just run compatibility mode for win7 and your problem is solved

This has to be bait. But on the other hand you seem to be in a weird position to suddenly start baiting.

It's called funposting for a reason I guess

hi PC newfriend. standards on PC change for a reason. I hope you don't think you can run games that are going to come out circa 2020 without having windows 10. you may have plenty of time to catch up by then but your failure to do so now could very easily bite you in the ass. especially when I got mine for free and you're probably going to have to either spend a shitload of money or end up with a botnet machine for pirating it. welcome to the internet

not to mention, again, if you think game performance is an issue, compatibility mode will fix the problem entirely. try running a benchmark in compatibility mode for whatever OS and post what OS it thinks you're using. you will see there is literally no difference.

Is streaming worth the effort?
Can I get exclusive access like the youtube cucks without completely selling out?

streaming with a good device takes no effort at all. a capture device will eliminate hardware strain so that whatever you stream be it from a console or your own PC) will not damage game performance and make for minimal impact on online gameplay. avermedia makes some good stuff. they even have their own proprietary app that makes it super easy.

This is her (NSFW)
twitter.com/anissakate?lang=en

NIGHTMARE GEESE
Who still playinh KOF14?

I want to put more time into KoF games but I always get distracted by other fighters

So why don't Microsoft make an all-star fighter?

They own Rareware, and with that company alone they have enough to make a decent-sized cast. On top of that they could throw in Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Steve from Minecraft, Voodoo Vince and Cuphead.

Would make a pretty solid game provided they don't follow Sony's mistakes with PSAS. I say they should make it less like Smash and more like Power Stone, with competitive play in mind.

I'm not trying to insinuate they own Donkey Kong, but even without the DK games they still have a strong roster.

Stop before we reach critical autism mass

Damn. The quads have spoken

They don't have enough likable characters. The MC is well known, but does anyone really care for him? Or Marcus, who really gives a shit about him? Even if the games are famous, the characters aren't very charming. Nintendo and to a slightly lesser degee Sony had the fortune to have a large number of memorable characters that don't stand out like sore thumbs compares to each other (Sony largely thanks to all the action and/or platformer games they had on the PS1/2). What does Microsoft have? Hell, what does modern Rare have? Banjo and Conker? Both of those have been dragged through the mud for a long time now.

What are you talking about? I literally just said who they have.

Nothing's stopping them. The roster is not at all an issue.

Isn't that KI already?
Arbiter from Halo
Raam from Gears
Rash from Battletoads

B&K are both dragged through the mud at this point and they would use the "modern" look for them, so square Bonjo or something even worse. Same goes for Conker; you'd get that VR or whatever abomination.

KI? Well, that's already a fighting game, so kind of redundant, but I guess. Now, what you don't seem to get is that almost all their historic character are just that, history. The number of people who still care about them after Rare went to shit is minimal, and that's assuming they've ever heard of them in the first place. Considering we would be dealing with people stupid enough to buy Xbones, you can bet an incredibly small percentage of them cares about Rare's older history in the slightest. And again, we're dealing with modern Rare. Take a look at how they've treated their characters in the last decade. Would you even want them to "reimagine" all their classic characters for a modern audience?

I've been distracted by other games recently so I've gotten rusty. Had to start grinding it out in training mode to get ready for local meet up next weekend

Not a thing I'm proud to admit but haven't touched it since the DLC characters came out. Hopping around looking for randos online is just not very encouraging, especially for a Plebstation Eurofag (burgers don't take too kindly, gooks completely chimp out, EU - particularly frogs - lobbies are littered with niggers and mudslimes etc hues are probably the nicest bunch) and I no longer have the patience to play the single player mode. The AI in this game is really odd, even if you up it so it does more combos and blocks more, AI opponents always stand in place like they got concrete shoes, it's really weird.

so you recognize you pull opinions out of your ass about games you don't play

Post your mains boys

Bumpan with a question about SF5. What makes Alex supposedly unplayable trash?
Also what the fuck is up with his win animation and just how he looks in general? It looks awful.

lol

he lost setups, has a shit command grab, meh v trigger, hard to use v-skill, thats what I can think of off the top of my head

Why do you guys think capcom nerfs already shit characters in SFV, they've done this multiple times, and I wouldnt be surprised if the low tiers got more nerfs in the arcade mode patch. I have a theory which is probably true, capcom doesnt want balance, they want the "cool" characters to stay on top, they'll then make costumes for those cool characters, which make money because lots of people are tierwhores and play those characters, the cycle continues, now the low tiers have at most 3 costumes, while chun li, ryu and cammy have like 10

Chun's bottom three though. And there aren't that many costumes for Guile and Balnog.
I do agree they seem to have a fetishistic obsession with nerfing some characters. Shame because FANG is the only new character that seems like he could be fun.

bullshit she's mid to mid high tier still, not as good as season 1, but not bottom 3
and yeah F.A.N.G was one of the few interesting characters in SFV, too bad he's literally unplayable

correction, not high tier characters, mainly they show favoritism when buffing, nerfing, and giving costumes

Took me a bit.

Everybody knows Capcom wants a carousel of characters to "maintain interest." They don't seek to make SF5 balanced, just a spectacle.

So when is that carousel gonna rotate to some actually cool characters?

There's no telling, maybe when they get bored of veteran characters.

just look at his entire post history and his asshurt, it's him

You're not from around here, are you?

Is MUGEN still a thing?

Also best screenpack?

Maori is still my AH main but I've been putting a lot of time into Lieselotte recently, she's pretty fun and making up oki and corner pressure is fun but god damn is she difficult to use.

Enjoying those 2.0 kune nerfs?

I think I'm noticing a bit of a trend in your mains

I would believe it. Alex was never a main character, Juri can't be the favorite girl thats chun, and FANG must always be a wierd character we can put in the back burner for eternity like hakan, necro, Q, Sodom, Remy, etc.

can't risk having her be played on stage on EVO, pretty women are anti-ESPN

I can believe that when you put quotes around it but any genuine interest they couldn't kiss my ass hard enough. They have been going leaps and bounds to disappoint when I expect nothing. But I always have to thank them for this amazing ride exposing drones and getting people into other fighting games. It can only get worse until it gets better.

You have that backwards, ESPN is anti-pretty women.

I mean, if you really think about it, both are true

Q is the one character I'll never get, I just dont understand why he became popular, yeah I guess he's this mysterious character that we'll probably never get to know about, but there are just cooler SF characters that deserve the attention more.
Also, daily reminder that pic related is best fighting game girl

It's because his design is Just That Good and he's mysterious. Necro is similar in that his design and personality are fucking cool, but we know he has a tragic backstory and a girlfriend and a career and all these other things that humanize him. Q is just some dude who appears to go around murdering people and muttering "I'm an abomination." He's like a character from a 1930s science fiction film rather than a video game.

Out of all fighting game girls? Nah she's not even close; even in SF she's certainly not the best.

I thought he was in 3rd Strike? He beat Gill and won the whole tournament I'm pretty sure. I thought I read somewhere he was supposed to be the flagship SFIII character originally.

Right but then babies cried that they didn't recognize anyone, so they put in veteran characters and Alex never got to do anything ever again.

the ps4 ver has real online multiplayer, i fell for multipayer in another snk game but was local, got kiked by japs

Most likely. Q is literally a rip off of robo keiji. Who was a detective robot so he has the 1930s-20s noir detective getup. The creator Ishinomori was a student of Tezuka, who was inspired by Disneys 1920s animation. So your not far off

that was the point. Capcom seems to try to retroactively remove that by

shit
trying to retroactively erase history that doesn't have Ryu as the main posterboy front and center. and making sure no one wants to play him also sets up a justification for capcom to never acknowledge his existance.

From Treta. It looks a bit weird, but seems like it can be interesting.

What's worse is that after winning the tournament his story becomes "Ryu kicked my ass, I'm going to train and fight him again." It always seemed like they backpedaled so hard on him they were actively taking a shit on his character. Like what he said: >>13549214

Visually it looks boring as shit, plus its not even finished yet.

They should have just not put him in at all, then.

How much shit do you get from others when you play him online?

wow pretty fucking bad

I don't give a fuck if they use square Banjo. Good if they do.

I liked Nuts & Bolts, fucking fight me you Jontron dicksuckers.

But I don't get it, don't most sports have cheerleaders and card girls and other pretty women?

That vid reminds me of the P4A stick.

If you have any sort of skill or the ability to watch a tutorial I'd more advice you to wait for a venom sale and buy the buttons and level of choice to pretty much get any top stick for only like £60-70

Is RYU top-tier in any game? Or does designing around him ensure he's always mid-tier?

He's not always mid-tier, sometimes the mechanics of the game are enough to bump him down a bit, rarely goes up. I wouldn't know where to start with top tier except maybe Smash 4

The only fanart for mvci?

he's top tier in TvC. i don't understand enough about that game to articulate why that is the case though. a big part of it could simply be because that game has no doom-tier assists & favors neutral slightly more than other versus games.

Ryu has super big boy normals that lead into full combos even off the littlest pokes.
Assist is also pretty much a free extender and easy hit confirm to his partner that makes everyone elses small pokes go into the full combo.

Speaking of tag games, I hope I'm not the only one still feeling like this game is some weird fever dream.

The controls as well, for those curious. It's extremely simple but probably good for a debate on how far you should go for simplicity in control vs depth of gameplay.

Has sfv finally become good?

No, why would it?

What have you seen that gives you the impression SFV is good?

Because it's been two years since it came out and i thought that a aaa company like capcom would figure out the problems and fix the game during that time.

Some more gameplay from Cerebrawl.

Barely had time to play recently, but got bodied really hard in SamShoVspecial. Need to learn that game.
Blazblue, bought Mai in a sale last week but didn't even boot up the game since then.

I've been playing before getting really busy with work. Hopefully will get back next week.

Gunsmith from Orochinagi(FRA) usually hosts lobbies every other thursday. There's also an EU KOF Discord but I don't have a link I'm a huelander. Maybe try to ask during an event. I heard RevoUK was big this year for KOF.

I think people mostly do saltybets with retarded characters. Too bad looks like nobody takes it seriously. I remember many great creations like Super Mario, a Kyo Kusanagi where you choose his game groove during his intro, tag characters and many more creative stuff.

I have no idea how characters with gimmicky drives like Rachel will work in that game if they are even considered. Hope Noel her drive moves can be turned into command normals like Angel from KOF uses her 1st outfit and not the retarded one from CP onwards.

Chunner: MARVEL at my bust

What in capcoms past has made you think they would follow that pattern?

The reason it's so shit is because the way the game is now is how they wanted it to be from the start and from how Season 2 looks, they're sticking to their guns, though peashooters are a better term for their dire incompetence.

Forgot to link to his youtube channel. Start there and then you might find the Discord group.

He was top tier in sf4 vanilla, but Sagat was S-tier and the best in the game.

I like it.
We need gateway fighting games to grow the community.
Arcsys is doing a good job at it i think, with the tutorial in GG for example.

I honestly don't think it's possible to entice casuals to actually learn a fighting game and play it competitively without making compromises. Just look at shit like SFV. GG Xrd explains everything you need to get started in-depth and it still manages to scare casual players away because it's too deep and the learning process is long. So what do you do to not scare them away? Remove depth to flatten out the learning curve and lower skill ceiling, pissing off the core fanbse in return. It's just a genre doomed to remain niche due to its nature.

Why are you surprised?… Modern Street Fighter Gameplay isnt even street fighter. People usually say Street Fighter is the Grand Father of fighting games, and yet every fighting game to this day is more geared towards the Dark Stalkers Model then the Street Fighter 2 one.

Even playing fighting games casually is too hard for casuals, many recent fighting games have had tutorials and a lot of them are damn good, along with GG I remember playing DoA5:LR's tutorial and it explained everything really well, especially for someone like me who hasn't played DoA since 2: Hardcore. Similarly VF has had really good tutorials more than a decade ago, I remember the ones in 4 also explained everything really well and even went into stuff like when the players should attempt throws, how to defend against throw attempts when at a disadvantage by doing abare and similar. The one in 5:FS is a bit weaker in my opinion, but it does teach you all the important stuff including fuzzy guard and the license challenges seem really good for first time players. Also, I know that VF is fucking VF, but it should be fun even at scrub levels in theory since most characters' execution ceiling is pretty low, characters like Brad and Jacky don't even have a quarter circle motion and some characters that have them only have them for certain throws.

They made power stone and dino crisis which were good games.

I don't think it's just that. I have my fair share of fighting games like Blazblue, 3rdStrike, KOF Garou and I'm boggled by SamShoVspecial system right now but I simply didn't like Xrd. Danger time, RC system (and supers reminds a lot of SFIV), guts among a few things didn't rub me well. And as far as I remember, Xrd changes pissed a lot of the old AC+R playerbase.

I don't mind accessibility for new IPs like DBFZ or the way games like KOFXIV did I would even go a bit far like changing Ryo's Zanretsuken that overlaps with Haoh Shoukou Ken super move. Not necessarily an input change, maybe just the button would fix this. But a good tutorial along with little things for casuals to keep playing like the costume unlocks, different challenges that NRS and older Tekken games did are a better way to boost sales and keep players than stuff people claim to want like story mode can be a hit or miss like SFV, MKX and more recently, MvCI. Dead or Alive 5 even has the same type of cinematic story mode and came with all that "I'm fighter" marketing saying it's a "real serious fighting game" now but the game only really suceeded when they got free 2 play with fuckloads of costume DLC, many characters and waifu pandering for like 5 years of support.

i don't think you can make a good fighting game that is truly casual friendly because casuals hate losing especially when they don't have anything to blame for their loss but themselves. every casual friendly mitigates this by being full of rng and other ego-preservation mechanisms. jiyuna said something one time about how it isn't necessarily easier to become good at street fighter than gg, but it is much easier to think you're good. i think that applies to fightan across the board in comparison to other genres. i was really hoping arcsys would make dbz the casual game & let cross tag be full anime like the xx series was. the people who are gonna hyped about a blaz/uniel/persona crossover already like fighting games and airdashers in particular so why dumb it down?

Probably hard to make a coesive game considering the mechanics in those three games are completely different. Simply making everyone fight like in their own game would be a nightmare to balance and seal the "MUGEN" status of this title. So simplifying the inputs but leaning more towards the tag mechanic You can control both characters at the same time as the gimmick was their way out. But I still don't get stuff like always running but the controls says otherwise

Close enough, he's a manga/toku character.

7GB for configuration setting
This isn't my screenshots before you think I actually bought the game

It's all the rootkits that inflate the filesize

they can't patch shit so you redownload the entire game

not having any teammates to scapegoat is a big negative for fighters among the assfaggots / overcuck crowd, totally agree

Well, Party Battle in KOFXIV is pretty fun, let's hope ArcSys nails it in DBFZ

It's probably the new characters

I'll look into those things. Thanks. Just need to get over my pathological need to be a hermit.

Btw, has there been any confirmation/substantiation to that rumor about MvCI's budget being the size of a SFV DLC batch?

No, still the only source of that is from a guy that has been frequently been known to make up shit for video/article clicks.

When has Liam Robertson ever done that?

Every single time a nintendo based leak happens that isn't his. He'll go on and say it's wrong then go list off his leaks.

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs, but saying a 4chan leak isn't true and actively lying aren't the same thing to me. Is there any evidence of him making shit up?

Just go back and look at all the other shit he "Leaked", majority of it never came true which he goes on to talk about a different leak that almost was right to take the heat off or it's all insider shit where he never provides evidence just "trust me I know a guy who knows a guy" shit. He just says shit that would make sense and says it's a hot tip from the inside, and people lap it up because it helps they build a case against something. Capcpm may be complete horse shit and MvCI is a hackjob but Liam has as much evidence as me when it comes to leaks.

What about those games show that they were good at fixing their problems in the past?

It gets better

clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulViscousOctopusUWot

It doesn't look like he threw out an attack in the air, unless the web swing does damage

He was just fucking around with the guy and clipping through GR he was able to super him. What gets me is that GR's idle animation is fucked and kind of stutters while he's stuck in the air like that.

between samurai shodown 5, garou mark of the wolves and the last blade 2, which do you recommend I invest the most time into and become a master at?
i don't really expect to do any public stuff or tournament play, i don't even really have an interest in playing online either, i just, you know, am bored and want to get good at something for myself, but i'd prefer if it's at least relevant.

Of the three SamShoVSp is my favorite by far, but unless you have friends that are also learning and getting good with you you won't get far, since the game is very neutral/fundamentals heavy. Last Blade 2 probably has the most to actually learn and take in, especially that you can do on your own, but I haven't played it enough to give it a real recommend. Garou is kind of in the middle, with a decent amount to learn/lab out, but you still would only get so far without playing against people with any regularity.

How does one even fuck up this much? Was their budget $2?

no friends.
i guess i'll do last blade 2, i'm glad to hear it's considered competent, because it's the one i've invested the most time in already. i'm in love with amano, he's like a blend of a poet, a samurai and Johnny Bravo.

here's some high level amano play to accompany my compliment to him. he's my all time most favorite fighter character.

You put little or no effort into your product, focus on MUH ESPORTS, and give money to people who don't deserve it (Ashly Burch, Filipino Champ); those things, or you fuck up with a recent, 7-gig patch.

and another. he was able to dance around like a madman with amano since he was fighting a slower character.

And what about the Metroid stuff he talked about the MercurySteam and Nintendo working together two years before the announcement of Samus Returns?youtu.be/22E5ectnU4o

Since Last Blade 2 is full of infinites, I would say SamSho or Garou. If you're going to play alone I would even say Garou because of the cancels and Just Defend setups so maybe it's more fun to training boar. But it's not really hard to find communities of those two games to have people to play with.

BRAVO CAPCOM

i'll play you in fightcade whenever you want to do LB2, can't in the next weeks but if you hang around here often i'll make it known, i played LB2 for many, many years.

The only spammable one is the A+C glitch,
At least the Akari infinite takes more practice, and almost any other infinite is hard as fuck to pull without tools so its not really as bad as you make it sound.
Also remember that stuff like Zantetsu's dash& slice and moriya's teleport glitch are banned in tournaments.
The frame data for the game was in some japanese website but it's lost knowledge to me.

It's a gateway game into real FGCs by having reduced control instead of ezinput like P4A has with the one button combos.
Blazblue and Persona are also kinda popular already, I can imagine some Persona fans just getting the game for their reps, and RWBY fans are gonna be especially ecstatic that they finally have a fighting game which is something I've heard they wanted for a while now (though I know some are mad that it's not pure RWBY).
It's also good to think of this as a gateway game for veterans to introduce new people into FGC. One button combos doesn't teach people shit, but people complain there's too much to think about or to focus on or some shit, or that combos are too hard. Meanwhile, BBCTB has footage of a basic combo that uses two bars doing 80% damage to a character. A successful hit with Crash Assault instantly rewards you with a cool auto-combo. Also, the heavy variance in designs for a single game will definitely strike more chords with certain people, since one of the reasons people pick characters is just on appearance most of the time. Think the bigger better fighting games are like motorbikes, Fantasy Strike is a toddler's tricycle and BBCTB is a mountain bicycle.

In Brazil, Kojima goes Boon!

So, Mortal Gear Kombat soon?

wew

Why is Ashley Burch in everything? In MKX she shat up a character that might have had some appeal. And by that I meant the skintight suit.

I went to grab some shit at a Gamestop because it was some how cheaper there. When I checked out they had gave me a copy of Injustice 2 as well despite not having to pay for it.
This game was legit so shit I had to sell it to them. What kind of fighting game has loot boxes and freaking RPG stats. That outjews Capcom.
How does a move like that not cause NRS to loose all 10 of their fans?

archive.is/UVrGE

SFV probably didn't even hit 1.5 million copies. Too bad Tekken 7 is pretty bad.

I got a laugh from it.

Chilefag here, hope the game ends up being good

Is playing a Shoto inherently bad? Am I unintentionally putting limits on the tools I can use by playing one?

Shotos have many tools and it helps you learn when it's the right time to use them. But playing everyone is a good way to learn the pros and cons of said tools.

You will never go wrong with a shoto.

There is nothing wrong with using a shoto.

Ichigeki Hissatsu is honestly one of my all time favorite super moves. It's so simple, but it can do so much.

It's always so satisfying to watch it land a hit when not part of a combo.
But my favorite move of all time including super, special or normal is Zanretsuken

Ryu has all the tools you need without any real fluff. If anything, starting out with more weird/gimmick characters can gimp you since you start to think in terms of what they can do, instead of what's possible in the game as a whole and you won't be forced to develop a good neutral as soon. Playing Ryu in games where he's well balanced builds a very strong fundamental base to add upon with whatever character you want to learn, if you aren't interested in just sticking with him.

Some nice cross-ups in that video, man KOF was just the game for cross-up attacks.

It's been what? 6 months since SFV finally hit a million sales? Ouch.

He pushed the Shovel Knight in smash leak heavily, and claimed to have sources and everything and was incredibly wrong about that.

thanks for helping me decide. i bought garou tonight. i had it years ago on a hacked ps2 but since that's long gone and my computer is shit, i have to settle for playing on a ps vita TV console.
to the guy who wanted to play in fightcade, sorry, like i said my PC is too shit. if you have a vita or a ps4 we could play there, though.
i've only played the last blade 2 online a single time with a guy from vita general and i was really satisfied with my skills, i won maybe 3/4 of the time, we played for around two hours solid. winning feels good and i can see how this feeling would be addictive to people.

Is sonicfox that good or does he just go pro in really shitty games?

Both

Who is the scariest fightan character?

Never doubt the furfag's autistic devotion.

Any """""""""woman"""""""""" in any NRS game.

What was the good madcatz pad again?

He shows you the horrors of alimony

Who is the nigger that coded this?

Hitboxes? What do you exactly mean?

Someone make a hitbox for smash, thanks to it smash players could save their hands from their eminent arthritis from holding controllers the wack way they do.
Then as it got shown off they released new rules banning all but gamecube controller.

Last year the hitbox guys decided to make a Smash-compatible hitbox (which is weird since Melee uses analogue inputs and a hitbox is digital). People had concerns about what you'd be able to do with it, and the whole situation has spiraled wildly out of control, involving many conversations as to what the "inherent muscle memory of melee" is.

It's pretty funny if you can stomach the autism. I've been following the drama somewhat so I can give you a recap in the next thread if you want.

Is it some kind of controller?
Also, please do give me a recap. It looks like fun autism.

It's just a simple hitbox with gamecube inputs mapped to it. Imagine if you were kicked from a event because you played a controller the opponent didn't like.
Like I understand events like Arc Revo banning pad since they run directly off arcade machines and they don't have pads so they're locking out people to get disappointed. But here it's a fully functional controller that works fine being banned because it's not their shitty 15 year old arthritis enabler.

But smash players using faulty gamecube controllers to gain additional movement options is perfectly fine though :^)

the controller in question, pretty much it got banned because smashfags cant andle change, this also fucked over a few pros who said they couldnt play without it because of their hands

Oh, you don't know. A hitbox is an arcade stick with the stick replaced by four directional buttons. It allows for more precise inputs since the player needn't move a stick around to activate gates - instead, the player simply pushes a button. A DP motion, which can sometimes be finicky, becomes a simple three-button piano input. You can also get a forward dash/run from a walk much more quickly because all you need to do is hold forward to walk, then double-tap back to "reset the stick" to neutral, which the game will read as a dash.

For reasons like those, hitboxes are banned from some tournaments, but most people don't really care.

Smash is different because you have a digital input device recreating analogue inputs through modifier buttons and the like. The idea for a smashbox came to prominence last year after a beloved player wrecked one of his hand's ligaments/tendons because he was multishining too much. I'll try to remember the sequence of events and collect it for the next thread.

Why can't they just fucking play the game?

Jesus christ, they deserve to win if they can play on this thing.

Ah, but you can't forget the drama surrounding polling rates, smash turns, arduino mods, benefits of emulating (and the benefits of controller ports), and defective controller springs. The whole odyssey has been wonderful to watch.

Here's a video from when it seemed like a lot of the stuff was easier to do it in funny enough.

I only know the upper crust info, feel free to dump all the lore later on, love to read it.

A question, I remember that I played a fighting game in very near time. It had an interesting feature where if you had a mirror match the character would have different voice actor(or different tones from same voice actor). That's the only thing I remember about it, what game was it? Or does it not even exist and did I dream about it? Feels weird

….That's for a train simulator, isn't it?

Besides, the best fightstick is clearly this one.

So they banned it for no real reason? It doesn't even do shit like making you immune to crossups like in games where the hitbox is banned?

Yeah it's one of the controllers used for the Densha de Go! series. Shit use to be on every system and was popular as fuck in japanese arcades.
It's pretty fun

wew

Lads, I use this controller for fightan games in PC.
Am I a scrub for doing so?

Wrong pic, I use the USB version.

No, controller choice doesn't determine if you're a scrub. If it works for you than go with it.

But user, only Xbox/PS3/4 controllers can be used by scrubs in fighting games.

Scrubs can use any controller and still be scrubs. Only scrubs bitch about "controller advantages" instead of just using what they like best to overcome any obstacle or opponent. You like that controller? Can you beat people with that controller and don't blame your loss on someone based on their controller preference?
If you answered yes to both of those questions then you are not a scrub.

I would like to see anyone beat me with a NEW controller :^).

Fuck, meant NES.
I need some sleep.

There was that jap awhile back that won some tourney with a first gen PS1 controller.
If you got enough autism and determination anything is possible

Tell me what does have a PS3 controller than a PS1 doesn't that matters to actual fighitng games. The controller barely evolved, just adding better analog sticks (don't need those in fightan gaymz)

go.twitch.tv/capcomunity

They're showing off the DLC functions, if anyone's interested.

this is going to sound retarded but how exactly do I activate POW in garou? don't think i'm asking to be spoonfed here, i mean i've read four game guides but none of them give me any specific input for POW, they seem to imply it turns itself on once your health gets to that point, but my character is supposed to be flashing and he is not. I don't get it

dont you mean T.O.P. attack? HP+HK

It's pretty much evidence that top level Melee is 90% execution if you lose to something that just makes already doable actions easier. All you need to win is to be faster and more responsive than your opponent, there's no reads involved.

Hey fags I'm off to nipland and I guess I'll buy a stick there.

Is there some hori outlet or some shit that sells sticks for cheap or do I have to order from amazon and have it delivered to my hotel like some faggot?

google it

twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/918734481128861696

Pokken is finally getting a record input function for the CPU in training mode, among some other things like 3v3 being added to online.

カントリドニプ
ユファゴト

Guess nintendo is serious about wanting a slice of that esports pie?

They've been serious about it for a while, they launched a whole new competitively focused twitter account a few months back that solely posts about Pokken, ARMS, Splatoon 2, and their tournaments and other nintendo tournament events.

Granted they aren't doing a great job actually marketing it and shilling pokken out but they are trying at least.

Whoops, here's the right link
twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/918747893431001090

I want to fuck baiken

But does baiken want to fuck you?

Anyone tried one of these? Is it good? Bad? Did I just waste 50 bucks?

/R Kappa is that way.

Sorry, you are late.

You know, you can say all you want about the thundercunt brigade of new shitty new characters in MKX, but I kind of like Ferra/Torr. Or rather I kind of like Torr.

People think MKX had shitty newcomers?

Kotal Kahn and Erron Black are easily some of the coolest character concepts in the entire series. D'vorrah is cool, Cassie combines the best elements of Johnny and Sonya, and while Takeda is insufferable personality wise the blade whips and plasma swords are really cool. Ferrator was alright.

The only bad ones were Jax's daughter whose name I can't even remeber and Kung Jin, and they are easily fixable: Instead of just power gauntlets, give Jax's daughter a full out combat exoskeleton with rocket launchers and gattling guns and other bullshit, have her be full gundam heavyarms Kung Jin is also fixable if they gave him some nightwolf elements since he's based on Mongolian archers and could have similar shaman energy bullshit and actually be a stoic, wise character. Have him be able to summon animal spirits or have a pet hawk/falcon that he can send to do shit. Also, obviously.

Do those, and give Sonya and Johnny the boot and have Cassie replace both and use their slots for Noob and Fujin or something instead and it's perfect.

lol
archive.fo/AI3aA

Cassie has one fatal flaw.
Burch.
I kind of disliked Bug Bitch though.

Cassie was voiced by Burch which invalidates a lot of shit and then some. Kahn was indeed one of the best newcomers though.

So when people are good enough to do the HSD glitch what then?

If it's a problem why don't they just fix it?

Either capcom rushes out a patch that breaks the game more or they make more rules

That requires work. Something foreign to Capcom.

So that's where he ends up after that one grudge match?

I don't like some new characters because I feel like NRS values them more than some of their classic characters, like D'vorrah killing Mileena. And if the leak that says dead characters won't return in MK11 it for most part means we had some shitty trades in MK10

A setting fix they did was 7 gb. That fix would be probably like 20 gb so they're waiting bandwidth limit to reset

Then "pros" will whine and bitch that they had no time to practice if the patch drops so soon.

Would say a lot about them if they complained

capcuck "pros" have whined over even smaller changes. You'd be surprised.

owh no not my waifu! please dont post more! please!

Wew
Smashfags are so salty at getting beaten by people using hitboxes that they're straight up making absurd lies.
archive.is/ehXy2

(checked)

The Guy function will be revealed this weekend at the South East Asia Major 2017 Top 8.
I'll actually commend Capcom if they manage to make something worse than all the previous reveals in this season because that will take work.

Hey fags, user from /radcorp/ here. We're currently toying with the idea of small and fun tournaments for game genres that don't quite fit our gamenight criteria. This, of course, includes fighting games. These tournaments would be announced ahead of time, give people time to sign up and practice for it (or not) and it'll be hosted on a weekend, probably last for a day maybe 2 if we decide to shuffle the brackets and play again.

If any of you have ideas and recommendations you can drop them here >>>/radcorp/3121

If they make him uncool, I'm gonna be real pissed because his Alpha art is pretty rad.
I actually kinda like Abigail, he's the only character worth watching in tournaments. He's just ugly as fuck.

Out of all the new characters in SFV he's the only one that seems interesting to me.

For whatever reason it's exciting as fuck to see him land a hit or grab against people and do a shitload of damage compared to Zangief or Balrog. I think it's because his moveset isn't really cookie-cutter and he takes actual work compared to Zangief that's knee > mixup and Balrog that's random misplaced hit into 500 damage.

B-b-b-b-BUT IT CANT BE DONE ALL THE TIME BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU MUH CARPAL TUNNEL! IT WONT RUIN MVCI AND MUH ESPORTS!

-Capcuck at Event hubs

Don't forget that MUH ESPORTS have more priority than making a complete, stable game. What's your agenda, goyims? I guess it is hard to fix shit these days.

Kotal and Erron were the only good newcomers. D.vorrah was just an unlikable bug bitch. Ferrator sucked.

Cassie was horrible, and Burch makes you hate her even more. Fuck that bitch.Takeda is a cunt, and a possible, shitty replacement for Scorpion now that Scorpion and Sub are BFFs (Who the fuck thought this was good?!). Kung and Jackie flat out sucked, and aren't memorable out of Sjws and NRS ruining Kung Jin with forced gay shit.

Make Sonya less of an ugly bitch, and don't kick Johnny's dick in like they did in X's story mode. Then they'll be alright. What they really need to do make Goro worth a fucking shit (that or just add Kintaro, and don't make him a useless faggot like Goro). It's the first time he's an actual, legit character (I'm not counting Armageddon), and what do we get? Some four-armed faggot with terrible lines, and has nothing likable about him. Eh, Mortal Kombat is fucked anyway thanks to Sjws, Boon, WB Games, and NRS, so there's no point in bothering with MK.

Return it and buy a Qanba Drone tbh

It's not that hard for Capcom. Menat was close to being a semi-decent character, but most of her tools suck. Don't worry, come Season 3 Menat or some other dlc character will be bullshit good like Guile, Mudslime, Laura, Necalli, Cammy, and Boxer in Season 2 (lolAlex). I'm waiting for them to make Ken even uglier.

Abigail's model is just fucking horrible, and he's too much of an autistic retard to be likable (his costumes are also garbage) I don't even want Hugo or Sodom near SFV after seeing how Ono turned Abigail V, and handled Hugo in USF4 (retard over potatoes, and is horrible to use). Ono ruins characters.

You haven't watched tourneys where some schmuck does random shit with Abigail or some other character, and gets wins he doesn't deserve.

I'm almost entirely certain no Abigail has won a CPT event yet. Until he gets better against R. Mika/Laura/Ibuki he's fucked.

There was a clip of a Chun player who really upset how he did his best with her only to lose to some faggot Abigail player who just spammed his v-trigger and random shit to win. Mika's not even good in season 2. SFV's meta really means jack shit.

You know they're going to fuck him up.

New Thread