Zero Escape

Months after playing these games, I can't get them out of my head and I feel empty inside.

What do? Also, Zero Escape games thread, I guess. Is there anything close to them?

You could go back and play the things Uchikoshi wrote before that

should I get the one on PS4 that just came out or is coming out soon?

Pretty sure there are no new games in the franchise coming out ever.

then it's probably just a compilation of all the game.

I played all 3 games in one go recently and the third game was so underwhelming compared to the first two that it killed all the excitement I got after I played it. If ZTD was as good as 999 and VLR I'd have gone nuts looking for more things by the same writer to read or play, so I'm actually glad it ended on a weak note.

Looks like it's only 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, but those are the only good ones so that's alright. Don't know why you'd want something like this on PS4, it's on PC and it would control better with a cursor if you don't want touch controls on a DS / 3DS.

Play a non-ero VN, switch to a Newgrounds escape the room puzzle game every half hour, then at the end do a sudoku puzzle flipped upside down.

I still haven't gotten over how disappointing ZTD was, I Loved 999 and VLR but ZTD just shat all over itself and the franchise. I wish I had stopped at VLR but how could I after that cliffhanger ending?

As soon as they introduced McGuffin alien technology my eyes glazed over and I stopped caring about the series at all. That's sort of a harsh way to put it but I almost feel like ZTD retroactively ruined my love for the previous two games. VLR definitely, since so much of that game was hinging on the sequel being good.

F

I will never forgive them. VLR had such a great ending that made you just puzzled over how it would end.

Shit ended up posting multiple times thought my post weren't going through but they did.

Hey, at least it looks like you unfroze the thread.
Couldn't say, I only played them once apiece to 100% completion. I don't know if I really need to play them a second time. I considered picking up The Nonary Games when it came out but, again, I was burned pretty hard by ZTD. Bought that shit the second it came out and played most of it in one day.

That would explain some of it.

Are the Sigma routes better? I was playing the other routes first to save Sigma for later, but it was so boring that I just stopped playing.

Definitely, they do actually manage to tie into VLR quite well and fit thematically with what happened it VLR and its foreshadowing.
I'd recommend just playing through Sigma/Diana's parts and ignoring the rest/ending
Shame I can't say the same for the rest of the game.

Same feeling here, just seemed lazy as fuck overall, ignores bootstap issues that uchi said he would deal with, and doesn't give the villain any kinda proper motivation or story while ignoring so many loose ends from VLR
suffering

Also I wonder how much was retconned in, take phi's eyebrow colour foreshadowing for example, if that was actually planned shouldn't it have been that way in VLR

I actually sorta liked Zero Time Dilemma because I have a boner for invisible man type plots. There were clues all over the place for a 10th man and they were pretty well hidden and written. Sure it was not great but i legitimately have no fucking clue how they were going to pull something out of the ending for VLR

Look behind the bar

I liked the faces at least.

the vegeta pic is a shoop