The shittest Zelda

Did this game manage to be so bad that it broke the 'zelda cycle'? It's been six years and it seems like everyone still hates this piece of shit.

To put this game in the trash, hold it above the trash can and let go. You can use your HANDS to hold it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YulbKBbTsPM
youtube.com/watch?v=AuEWfWSC-CU
hooktube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck i'm getting old

The DS games alone were proof that the Zelda cycle is bullshit drummed up by shills and fanboys.

It's the only console one I never played. I don't think people hate it, just that it's not as good as other Zelda games, including the game-boy ones.

The 3DS is almost 7 years old now. That's almost a decade. When the 3DS came out I still had hair.

This can't possibly be worse than Wind Waker.

Get on my level, pleb

I'm still pissed the fuck off that I can't play this on Dolphin without the waggle bullshit. Fuck the absolute madmen Dolphin programmers for being such purists and fuck Nintendo for their waggle trash

Every Zelda game since Zelda 64 has been shit for casuals and girls.

It's not too terrible, at its core it's still an alright game but it's a real slog a lot of the time. The linearity and lack of great environments hurts it too. Best thing it has going for it is that no one fucking makes games based on the Zelda formula anymore, nor did they when the game was released, so anyone who likes this kind of a game was happy enough to get another game like it.

The only thing wrong with the motion controls in this game is that they weren't utilized more. It was a neat concept and it felt good to swing the sword but they didn't focus on the combat enough to really deliver something with it.

The biggest problem is that we'll never get another Zelda II style game.

What is the Zelda cycle and why are the DS games proof that its "bullshit"?

Skyward Sword is easily the worst Zelda game. Even BotW and TP are better than that crap.

It has the worst gameplay but the best story, you might as well watch it on Jewtube.

pic related

Have fun spamming the attack button in BOTW against retarded enemies in a barren world. I prefer based motion controls and enemies that require actual technical sword fighting to defeat.

Skyward Sword was pretty shit. It felt linear and there was nothing to do in the sky area.

Yeah aonuma zelda games kinda suck

I have heard people say they miss the well-built areas of SS, and the dungeons, and that while the open-air style of BOTW was good, the shrines were disappointing and the huge overworld lacked focus, meaning it wasn't as fun as a well-designed smaller area.

This is the truth. Zelda II needs a spiritual sequel of some kind.

Do they even make that shit anymore? Maybe one day I'll get around to actually playing SS, but from what I heard I dodged a bullet.

There never was a Zelda cycle. Every 3D Zelda after Majora's Mask has been varying levels of mediocre. Also BoTW is the worst. The best thing to come out of the whole franchise since the year 2000 has been Midna rule 34. That's pretty sad.

Wait, the Oracle games came out in 2001. Let me amend that. The best thing to come out of the Zelda franchise since 2001 has been midget ass.

Adventure Time: HIKWYSOG is a decent Zelda II spiritual successor by WayForward. It's short, but solid. Bitchin' Jake Kaufman soundtrack too, vid related.

The only good thing that this game made was this motherfucker and probably the last boss fight

Nah, at least it was enjoyable, Skyward Sword was much worse despite being a Skyrim clone.

Wind Waker was good. Twilight Princess was good. Skyward Sword was shit. Breath of the Wild was great. Nothing beats Link to the Past.

It's built into all the newer wagglesticks but it's not worth paying ~$20 to play Skyward Sword.

Get out of here and take your Amish agenda with you

stopped playing after the tutorial island. I tried just playing for the story, since the world around the story is so boring, but it's all too far apart and I don't feel like walking that far just for a shitty zelda story

Just accept that I'm right about everything, user.

Don't worry BotW will have a reverse Zelda Cycle and will be considered worse soon

Funny how the Amish are becoming more and more a major voting bloc

All 3D zeldas are dogshit, normalfags BTFO

Do they even vote?

How can one poster be so wrong?
It felt like utter trash, and the worst was trying to get a signal while charging up the spin attack. That was terrible.
Motion controls are garbage, with no exception.

Ever since it came out I never understood the hate for SS. It is one of the best Zelda games out there, a few bits notwithstanding. Sure it is more linear but it's not NEARLY the dumpster fire people make it out to be in order to fit in with the cool kids.

>>>/killyourself/
>>>/normalfag/

Original legend of zelda on nes is best zelda. everything else can fuck the fuck right off

Muh chainmail

I'm guessing you use both 'Edgy' and 'Cringe' a lot huh? Come back when link is possessed by demons, has red tattoos spontaneously appearing on his face, changed his sword to spiny daggers, is on a quest for revenge and the entire soundtrack to the game is "Animal I have become"

I like it more than Twilight Princess. It has some serious problems, but at least it's not just a joyless rehash of a much better game. A HD rerelease where you can tell Fi to keep her mouth shut would make the game easily on par with Wind Waker for me.

TP was definitely trying to be darker and edgier because of the huge backlash to WW's toon-shaded kiddie visual style.

Shitward Sword will never be the worst Zelda game as long as these two exist.

In my opinion, the worst "real" Zelda game is probably Phantom Hourglass. Terrible music, controls, and game world, not to mention the fucking Temple of the Ocean King.

I liked Four Swords. What's wrong with Four Swords?

The worst thing about Skyward Sword is that you have to buy a power glove tier accessory to even play and it just doesn't fucking work. The latency from motion plus alone kills any feeling of fluidity, the game doesn't actually use it for anything interesting and there are forced minigames/scripted segments which wouldn't be half as time consuming as they are now if you were allowed to use a real controller.
The core gimmick of the entire thing falls apart due to half assed implementation.

Since it's easier to count the good Zeldos then to count the bad ones, post good Zeldos.

After these in addition to yours the rest of the series can fuck off imo.

Worked fine for me (^:

bit short but looks beautiful.
huh

Balding happens fast.
One moment I'm 21 and fine, now 24 and will shave after Christmas to avoid looking desperate.

Skyrim is 6 this year.
You know the worst thing? You think of this point of reference, of a few years ago.
Now try to think of good videogames released since then. It really highlights how bad things are when over YEARS you're unable to think of many.

That character was a normalfag too.
Her route was shit.

Anyway
Shit.
Shit
Good.
Shit
Shit
Good.

TP was good though.
My only issue was the shit ending, because God forbid I liked Midna and wanted more of her, nah fuck that, let's have some shit ending where she never comes back.
That said, SS has the best music in the series.

There are no good Zelda games.
There never was a good Zelda game.

I have always despised SS and always will. It's the game that ended my Nintendrone status, took a big fat shit all over any and all good will I may have had for Nintendo.
It's a goddamn mess with a laundry list of issues, wasted potential, and terrible decisions.

BotW was the worst yet, always disheartening to hear people praise it so much when the "huge open world" is barren, you can count the enemy types on your fingers and there's 4 dungeons

Also the Oracle games

They still haven't been able to make a game with Wind Waker's perfect controls, a visual style that is consistent and makes sense, and nine or more dungeons that all ended up with noticeable progress or some kind of fulfillment, precluding the need for filler.

One of those three things has been missing from all six 3D Zelda games, and it gets more disappointing as time goes by, because they can do better and should know better than to pull a stunt like forced motion controls or Amiibo bullshit.

What you saw was the best they could do. A lot of users couldn't get it working consistently, no matter how much pep-talk they got from the Siri sword. They didn't implement it that well and should have scaled it back or discarded it.

I liked it. I always liked the game, since it came out. The motion controls worked for me and rarely crapped out, except on the beetle tool.
But more than that, it's a very aesthetically pleasing game, with some of the best music in the series, and with some really creative dungeons.

It's even more disheartening to see people justify the Amiibos. There is no valid reason to lock any part of a game behind a limited collectible. That's how I know Nintendo's got an Apple cult on them, because anyone else would be raked over the coals for doing that.

I thought skyward sword was good. I kinda feel like breath of the wild is the worst zelda game simply because its the least like a zelda game. Not saying its bad though.

What are you, a game journalist? The motion controls worked well and if people were too stupid to figure them out it's their own fault.

TP would be great in a world where OOT didn't exist. As is, it's just a bad OOT.

Funny you say that, Skyward Sword is a game that only a "journalist" can love.
Your standards of working well are extremely low

Back to reddit nigger

THIS

They weren't reliable, though. If you can't beat out the CD-i games in terms of the control and its reliability, that needs to be fixed.

I never really got the hate it gets. Yeah, fighting that one douche three times was dumb, but that was the only real low point. There were a bunch of bosses that WEREN'T "use dungeon item, hit with sword, repeat x3" and that was a breath of fresh fucking air.

The last zelda I played was Ocarina of time on the N64. What's a good one to play after that one?

Probably the sequel.

Wouldn't say its completely shit. That final boss was noice, and the areas were cool.

Link's Awakening best Zelda.

Is Hyrule warriors fun?

It's just a warriors game full of Zelda fanservice, so if you like that kind of thing then sure.

You ever wonder why all the games are shit these days? The reason is the shit games these devs were playing 10 years ago when they were still children. Being jewed into thinking a fucking sea of literal shit is gold.

Now they are getting high off the smell of their own farts. As they are now the ones hanging their asses over the ocean with eager excitement to release. They actually believe they are making god-tier games because they actually believed the hype they were fed as children 10 years ago.

The other part of the problem is the guys that made all the actually good games in the 80s-90s have either been pushed out of their own companies by SJeWs or crushed under some gay Jew distributor.

It does A LOT of hand holding. I'd rather play Onimusha on PS2.

There is so much but there will never be enough
Shortstacks are the thinking mans fetish, and Midna is one of the greats

I feel like this would get more appreciation if it wasn't attached to the IP

You're both blind as fuck if you can't see why anyone would have an issue with this

this whole thread is bait.

Anything can be bait if you want it to be. Real men catch fish with their bare arms.

This has been true of every fucking 3d Zelda. OoT's Hyrule field had like four enemies in it and then eventually some nonthreatening poes. Windwaker's was just a giant empty blue mess. TP was a worse version of OoT's Hyrule field solely because it was bigger and took longer to get to the parts where stuff actually happened.
"Shitty stealth section" is in every 3d Zelda too. It was nowhere near as bad as the massive fucking mess that front-loaded one in Windwaker. I can't even fucking replay WW because of how fucking bad that opening stealth section is.
Really? What's so bad about it? It didn't strike me as any worse than the OoT opening, which was also pretty trash but probably the best of the 3d Zeldans. Hell, watching Zelda kind of emasculate Link by saving him from Groose was pretty entertaining in an anime SoL way.

I hear if you like musous, it's one of the better ones. I do not like musous.

I want bear arms.

I will defend Phantom Hour Glass. The only thing that made people hate it was the very occasional forced DS gimmick and the Ocean King Temple and I didn't really mind the latter for the most part. It also had Linebeck. The best character in any Zelda game. At best I'de call it a 5-6/10I want to defend spirit tracks because it's such a light hearted comfy game at times, with Zelda actually being a fun character, but god damn it was often boring and tedious

This. The game needed more segments like infiltrating the desert compound at night and less "find the 4 poes" segments.

The entire control scheme is a forced DS gimmick though. The game even mocks people who wanted an alternative control scheme.

-story was alright

…so, Bushido Blade?

wtf I hate Holla Forums now

All of them?

Their explanation for pretty much every concept in the Zelda series is 'It came from God'. The story's complete shit

Holy fuck.

Well the base control scheme is simple enough. And using the Stylus wasn't the issue. It was the portions where you had to do shit like blow out a candle despite not even knowing that the hardware was capable of that shit.

I dunno, I'd say BotW is just "good" as well. After a while of playing it (going in mostly blind, mind you.) I began to notice it's problems.

TP is essentially lost potential: the game. Everything it has to do with OoT or really bogs it down. But it has a great tone to it and there's segments of gameplay that are nearly brilliant but never fully realized.

Even for First Person Shooters?

sounds like the real japanese skyrim to me

More like every single Zelda game ever. The gameplay is tedious as shit and doesn't feel free such as Super Mario, even most of the fans are narcissistic faggots who bitch and moaning on twitter and believing that they're doing a good change for once.

GJ making it to 21.

what did he mean by this?

I agree. Even though I've played most Zelda games, I've never had that much FUN with any of them. The ones that do stand out (Windwaker, OOT and BOTW) do so mostly because of the atmosphere, graphics and story. I never remember having fun playing Zelda games, even when I was a kid.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were some of the biggest crap I've ever purchased, though. They were more like interactive movies than games.

He lost his hair before 21 and is jealous that the other poster lost it a few years after 21.

Play the 2D games, especially the handheld ones. None of the 3D games are fun.

I played Link's Awakening 10 years ago and thought it was good.

The areas and dungeons were decent, but the rest of the game was pretty bad.

Goose was something else.

SS really should have ditched the motion controls. It could get really annoying very quickly. I've forgotten what the master sword spirit's name was, but I will never forget how terrible she was and how badly I wanted her to go away, so that I could actually play the game.

I may reach 30 if my genetics can hold out a little longer.

What was wrong with it? I enjoyed both the GC and DSi remake.

A swing and Amish

I want to fuck that seagull

Oracle of Seasons and Ages are often overlooked. I think they're the best of the 2D Zelda games,

There is no cycle. Zelda has been on a downward trend since Majoras Mask

Majoras mask

Windwaker

Phantom Hourglass and Spirt Tracks

Twilight princess

Skyward Sword

A Link Between Worlds

BoTW

The biggest problem for is the stupid as shit lore they keep adding. Skyward Sword is the worst for it. They shouldn't have added Hylia as a goddess, the story behind the master sword was fucking gay and they need to stop trying to force all the games into a timeline.

I thought I had just grown up out of Zelda until A Link between Worlds came out. Breath of The Wild had some good ideas, but they were overshadowed by some retarded choices they made. Overall I think it suffered a lot from lack of content. It really needed more enemy types, magic tablet powers and proper dungeons. I haven't touched the DLC and I don't plan to.

They just made the enemies health sponges in the DLC, it's not even worth the annoyance of doing parries and flurries and what other shit if the enemies respawn anyway and since its mostly the same 5 enemies through the whole game with the same attack patterns as before, id rather get the unbreakable sword and mash B as usual since combat is not even the fun part of the game

All the writing in breath of the wild only buggered up the lore of the triforce even more. and while skyward is probably my least liked zelda, I can at leas find good things in it, few that it may be, breath of the wild sinned by being completely average

he never had friends.

Glad to see I am not the only one who noticed enemy variety was ass in botw

they copied skyrims overworld and forgot that adventure games need a solid adventure script to be good, the overworld was not bad, but bland.

whats the appeal of zelda when pc RPGs exist? is just normalfag consoletrash thing ?

It's structured in such a way to make it feel like an adventure. It's not open like an RPG but gives of a sense of the grandiose. It's also structured in a typical hero's journey way.

youtu.be/YulbKBbTsPM

youtube.com/watch?v=AuEWfWSC-CU

Majoras mask was the last 3d zelda game i have completed. I tried windwaker got bored. Tried twilight princess got bored again. Oracle seasons/oracle of ages. awesome games to me. Discovery to me was half the awesomeness. I did not like oracle of ages as much due to the constant fetching compared to the straightforward seasons which asked you to solve puzzles to advance rather then wondering where the next plot item was. It more gave you the direction of the plot item then presented puzzles/obstacles to that goal where ages had some..obtuse fetch quests at times.

it seems like a streamlined rpg to me

kys

holy fuck I barely got through dungeon 1 and wanted to kill myself. I'm about to try BOTW on cemu, but it looks like a shitty xenoblade/fallout 4 settlement building bullshit

good
good, and better emulated than remastered
god tier
good
never played

wew lad

I'd die to relive the past.

Childhood friend Zelda is still the best Zelda.

if a turbo-autist like me isn't willing to complete it nintendo did something horribly wrong

I finished it on an early version of dolphin with a fake chinese wii-mote that barely registered with the sensor bar.

The general consensus I've seen is that it's bogged down by the absolute worst handholding and time wasting of Nintendo, at the time.
But some of the dungeons are some of the best the series has had.

Which is a shame, since all we get in BotW are the shitty shrines.

That's not phantom Zelda.
Also, childhood friend was already done in Minish Cap, and done better, to boot.

this

I may understand why would you think TH is bad, but Four Swords Adventure?

I guess if I call it the best 2D Zelda I would get tomatoes on my face, but at least, it's a great game. In no way is it considered the worst of Zelda.
Now, tell me. Can you explain why do you think it's a bad game?

Not a valid complaint, unless if he really wanted to play multiplayer. Four Swords Adventure allows one player, where he has choice to play with between a GC controller or even a GBA connected to the console, which I would say the latter is better.

It's everything fun about those games when you're not in the mood for autistic number crunching.

Mind you, the rest of my genetics are shit, but you have my empathy, I could give you some of my hair.

Fuck you, FSA was one of the best things to come out of the franchise, and it's a tragedy we didn't get the full thing, nor did they ever make another. Instead, they gave us Triforce Heroes, which was neat for the costumes and nothing else.

As games pander more and more to minorities, we might even get Legend of Zelda: Amish Cap

Games don't pander to minorities they pander to SJWs, who are predominantly white.

You think any actual gaymur cares about "representation" over mechanics?

Open world ruined Zelda. Prove me wrong cause the evidence is in Botw.

The internet deciding that gannon pozzes link's boipucci on the reg is what ruined zelda.

Considering the very first one was pretty "open world", I'd think not.

The first one was not open world. Zelda 1 had a structured design and scaling difficulty. The game deliberately makes it a thing to have you go through a set challenge of progression that eventually takes you to the final dungeon. What you're confusing for open world is the NES not having a lot of memory. Along with Nintendo's own incompetence. Zelda 1 was not a good game.

Except for a couple, you could go to any dungeon in any order you wanted to since starting the game, so your point is bullshit.
BotW has also that
Yes, i hate BotW because is but a husk of the essence from the Zelda franchise had, but c'mon, open world didn't kill it, even LttP had some dungeons without a set order.

It's a sin to misuse money. Both when you should have saved it, and when you should have used it not to suck ass. A man that treats himself like dirt, should be considered as such.

If you don't like a Zelda game and you call yourself a Zelda fan, you're a faggot, period.

they're literally all good depending on what you like and dislike.

Bunch of edgelords sucking their own dicks in here.

can't unsee tbh

Looks good, never played it.
Looks good, never played it.
Looks okay, never played it.
Looks like a bunch of empty exploring, probably never going to play it. Plus,
for what reason

hooktube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4

Those are spin-offs, they can't really be held to the standards of the main series. It's like arguing that Federation Force is worse than Other M.

Motion controls were the _least_ of SS' issues.

I think we are going to get a black Link before we get an Amish Link. Like maybe black Link has an afro that grows when you press the R button and it acts like a shield.

Shit, it was the same way for me. Zelda games varied in quality, but I could always count on them to be an enjoyable and memorable part of every console. Skyward Sword completely shattered that. I really tried to like that game, but it ultimately killed the fanboy in me.

What this nigger said:

It has a literal sequel.

If Nintendo would get this guy involved in directing again then their games would be less shit. Miyamoto is creative, but he needs to be kept in check like George Lucas or Peter Jackson. Aonuma is a pathetic yes-man that will agree to anything Miyamoto says, even if he knows better.

Koizumi wasn't afraid to aggressively push his better ideas, even when Miyamoto disliked them, which is probably why they've now 'promoted' him to a back-seat role.

You should really play the N64 Zelda's. The 3DS remaster of OOT emulates great, although the camera and lighting in cut-scenes has been fucked in order to accommodate the 3D effect, but other than that it's better than the original. I've not played the Majora's Mast remaster, but I've heard it has a bunch of gameplay changes that make it worse, so I can't say for that one.

OOT 3DS has a lot of graphical changes overall and they definitely make the game look worse overall. It's not a terrible experience but you should play it on N64 first. There's a few nice features like the touch screen item changes and the gyroscope aiming. Although the gyroscope aiming is coupled with using it to change the camera while z/l/whatever-targeting and I didn't like that so I only used it for the shooting minigames which are made a bit easier with it.

I just can't see how someone can say TP is one of the worse games they've ever bought. It's a worse OOT, but absent of the existence of OOT isn't not a bad game. Just mediocre
Also you like BOTW, so you're a faggot

this is the saddest thing about koizumi. The guy made good selling games, but now they're pushing him away from that control for what? So we can have another empty open world game? Fuck this noise.

Miyamoto WAS creative. He's no more than an ideas guy at this point and all of his ideas are executed poorly and he knows it. Miyamoto is killing Nintendo.

miya is just listening to their shareholders

It's the old classic scheme. Build a series off the back of quality and good ideas, then remove the people who made those things come to be and expect it to still be the same. And they'll wonder what went wrong years down the line.

BOTW is easily best in the series, WindWaker is second best.
:^)

No I like it more than BotW. :^) It's "fun." Has some cool and creative ideas. More than one could say for Japanese Skyrim for the Nintendo "can't run games that an i3 with 8GB RAM can in the year 2017" Switch. BotW is the first console Zelda I didn't like. DS games are worse.

Yeah for reals, Nintendo is such shit, Switch is a huge failure, I can't wait for Nintendo to fucking DIE.

So they can put their games on PC.

I don't mind SS, it's not amazing but I thought it was alright. TP was the disappointment for me, though I haven't played BOTW yet.

y

fuck…

lol, both were so bad that it's easier to count the good stuff on them.

Other M:
- Ridley's theme is good.
- Zero Samus looks ridiculously sexy in the cinematics.

Skyward Sword:
- Ghirahim is a good villain, he should have been the last boss. His theme is good too.
- Groose's development as a character is surprisingly good.
- Upgrading items felt right. Concept was revived with a vengeance in Breath of the Wild.
I can't remember any fond memory from this game. No gameplay I wish to relive, no special scene, no dungeon, nothing.
The music was even worse than Breath of the Wild (BotW had some good themes, like Ruta, Mipha, Kass, Talus & Lurelin). SS only had Ghirahim's theme.

Why has nobody mentioned the CDI games?

They aren't real zelda games

It wasn't bad, it was painfully mediocre. Outside of Midna, there really wasn't much going on. The art direction was a bit confused, leading to enemies like moblins looking out of place, and the characters looking retarded. Then the gadget for one dungeon, and nowhere else led to an inventory full of what was largely useless junk. You use it one dungeon and then, you are pretty much done with it. I know most 3D Zeldas have that to some extent, but you had stuff like the spinner top, which was used for a pretty fun though, easy boss fight, and was pretty much useless after that.

It had a bunch of ideas that weren't done fully enough to lead to interesting gameplay. It wasn't a bad game, since I could say everything was competently done, it just could have been done better.

i believe they were officialy licensed and it wasnt a reskin of another game or anything like that though. whats the qualifier here.

They were licensed but Nintendo had no involvement with their development. Like, at all. it wasn't co-development, like with the Capcom GBC Oracle games, or over-sight, like with the TP HD remake done by Tantalus, they are not considered "real" Zelda games because Nintendo had nothing to do with them and don't consider them as part of their internal canon.
If you know the story, you know that the only reason the CDi games exist at all is so Nintendo could get out of a licensing agreement with Sony. Sony's original terms for the Playstation gave them the rights to make games based on Nintendo's franchises without Nintendo's involvement and Nintendo reneged on that deal, afraid that Sony would make shit games. They would have. With the CDi, Nintendo managed to limit the damage by not signing the franchise rights away wholesale in perpetuity.

Refresh my memory, I can't recall any.

Zelda is the series for people who don't play video games but want instant "nerd cred" by mentioning it whenever the topic of favorite videogame comes up. It's painfully mediocre and it's mechanics have been done by other games and better.

Individually, yes, but not as a whole. Dark Souls may have weightier melee combat but it's puzzles are practically non existent and the are no real interesting quest lines.
There are puzzle games with harder and more complex puzzles but they have no adventure elements, etc.
Zelda games should be taken as a whole, as both an introduction to gaming and it's many genres (RPG, action, adventure, puzzle, etc) and as a cyclical and reiterative mythology for the medium.
To ignore the series because it covers many areas but without the depth of a more genre-specific title is to ignore the point that the game is meant to capture the entire feeling of an adventure, the exploration and the puzzling and the questing and the combat, which is something very few other titles even attempt, much less accomplish more adroitly than Zelda.

Ghirahim's a faggot. Yuga, in A Link Between Worlds, is also a faggot. Nintendo seems to have some obsession with putting gay villains in the Zelda games.

There never was a zelda cycle, people who liked one and disliked others just moved on and left.

Most 3d zelda games are bad

I think you can do the second to last and third to last dungeon in either order

Because it was made for the WiiU first.

They said it 30 years ago.
They said it 20 years ago.
They said it 10 years ago.
They said it today.

I'll bet you 5 bucks they don't say it tomorrow.

I loved the combat, I don't see how anybody could hate that. Anons always spew about "muh waggle" and in a lot of games they would be correct that it's unnecessary, but Skyward Sword built it's whole combat system around the idea of striking from different angles but it actually fucking worked, and worked well. They truly created a system that really warranted motion controls and it was fun.

Zelda was always shit.
Prove me wrong, virgins.

Tell that to a lefty - here's a hint: it didn't work

(pic related - me when it "worked")

Maybe you should use your right hand more often?

A fucking travesty that one of the only lefty characters ends up righty because of lazy programming and to appeal to broader audiences.

Yea until the motion controls fucked up. Even then the combat was so fucking sparse in the game compared to the annoying puzzles and dialog it just wasn't worth it.

Don't forget Tingle.

Worked on my machine™
Annoying how? Are you a brainlet?

>Mfw the game will never be compatible with PC, thus ruining it forever if your wii even partially shits out

What are you talking about? It runs fine on dolphin.

He's not a villain though. He's just a run-of-the-mill faggot

How do the motion controls even work on that?

Skyward Sword was truly terrible.

Button presses emulate swings, works much better than motion controls.

Dolphin didn't have Wii motion+ emulation last I checked
You pretty much need a Wii mote with motion+

There's an older version of dolphin with a hack that let's you use it.

It's not an official release but you can play with a controller.

That one has problems with the game itself, a bunch of bugs which were solved later.

using a wiimote

I encountered no bugs at all. Dolphin 3.5 255

Yea nah. I've played the game on 3 different consoles in different rooms over time and shield bashing was never a constant neither and neither was a skyward strike. The motion controls were shit man, strikes were dedicated to certain directions rather than the players actual movement and generally every enemy was bogged down because of it. If you want an example of good motion controls play the Zelda minigame on the Wii-U world game. The enemies wern't natural either. Since they all blocked in certain directions they looked retarded when they fought and when they switched blocking direction it was the most unnatural looking shit and it made them boring as fuck to fight.
They were often tedious. The musical note collection or the Kwi hunting are a good example. That and the Skyward chests were a fucking bore. And every dungeon had more than a few puzzles where the trick was just to wait.

I agree the puzzes were dogshit but the motion controls work fine. You just have to hold the wiimote vertical and wait for skyward strike, if you try and move it around because it seems like the game thinks it's not vertical it will just mess it up. I have no idea how you could fail at shield bashing. Honestly you might be retarded if you can't figure out how to use the shield.

I won't say it's retroactively changed my opinion of Skyward Sword as I've always thought it to be a rollercoaster of a game with brilliant highs and depressing lows, but overall it is still better than Breath of the Wild, which I find to just be a slightly less shit Wind Waker with a better physics engine.

Not that Skyward Sword is good, but Twilight Princess is far and away the shittest 3D Zelda game. It's so fucking dull and uninteresting. Fuck Twilight Princess. I'll replay Skyward Sword before I replay Twilight Princess.

Negative.

SS was entirely designed around the motion controls, with moving and playing with your sword and use it as a form to solve puzzles and do dynamic slashes needed to defeat certain enemies. Not only that, there's also actions and moves that really need the motion controls for the best use, and let's not forget that some scripted scenes need aswell the motion controls to progress, where it's a much of less of difficulty if you play it with in a real Wii. In general, imposing the game to use normal controls will only give you a harder time to progress it, where you will have less fun than playing it on a real Wii because the game wasn't built around normal controls. There's no way normal controls are better on this case.

Whether if the game itself was good or bad, I can at least point it that the motion controls are nowhere hard or impossible to get used. A bit unconfortable, perhaps, but in no way are they complex. All you need to do is play with the motion controls for a while and voila, until before or during the first dungeon, you will be in no sweat to rock with them. As incredible as it may sound, you only need to twist and move your hand to move your sword and nothing else. Personally, I think the motion controls are a nice refreshing change to Zelda, which allows a varied combat and gives more incentive to think over how to defeat some enemy, contrary to the previous Zelda 3D games, which they just have the spamming fest B, despite them being better to SS overall.

Oh, and note: I used Wii Motion Plus, not the Wii Remote Plus, which is said to be better than the latter. Even with that, I still was able to conform myself, practice with it and finally acquire the ability to play the game at a decent skill.

*the former.

I've held it perfectly up. What it does is has to adjust to it and if you wobble slightly it has to readjust. It needed more leeway.
It wasn't natural was the issue. In order to be good at it you had to shift your hand in a very robotic way. The motion controls are shit.
Well I never needed to thankfully because the game never forced you to implement it and it was never really needed. Even then it was shit.

Nah. Twilight Princess has its dull moments but you're not stuck in slow moving dialog and pointless unskippable cut scenes throughout most of it. It also has a lot more potential that would have been easier to add.

The issue with your argument is that everything about the combat was a gimmick in SS and incredibly less fun as a result. Enemies in OoT had multiple ways you could take them down and often had different states and aspects about them that you could overcome. Just about every enemy in SS is defeated with the same exact principle of "swing in this direction at this time" and it wore itself thin by the first temple. The game was so focused with the motion controls it forgot to add any depth to just about anything else. Buttons will always be more efficient than motion controls anyway and will have more depth as a result because you can actually explore into it without failing a swing because of technical error thus ruining the gameplay.

Right. Instead you're stuck in pointless wolf Link segments where you go around a dull environment and collect light tears before you're allowed to go back to being normal Link and getting on with the game.

And at the very least it's 100% more gameplay than SS. You can argue they're pointless (even though it does have a point story wise) but it's still gameplay. And those segments did have their moments. Figuring out how to get certain bugs by bashing into things or finding ways around an obstacle because of your form was entirely more interesting and inventive than anything in SS. And I remember the final Bug Boss on Lake Hylia to be a highlight.

Zeldafags are the worst.

how

They're both bad. BOTW is worse.

Sure you're not talking about SS? TP breaks out of tute mode after he goes Wolf.