Doki Doki Literature Club

Free on steam/itch
Generic weebshit OEL VN
It's all a ruse! It's actually one of the most terrifying games I've played, with a clever, haunting metafictional narrative, and some god-tier waifus.

And you need to play it quickly.
You need to get in soon before Tumblr discovers it and turns it into an autistic cringefest, just like Undertale. Buzz around it is already forming in the worst places.

Other urls found in this thread:

teamsalvato.itch.io/ddlc/download/eyJleHBpcmVzIjoxNTA3NDczOTQyLCJpZCI6MTA2NTk5fQ==.VFNheG3gQgAQxaYr6g1A2y7gYpw=
gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
gameplay.tips/guides/1299-doki-doki-literature-club.html
pastebin.com/MZt9deig
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does it have any crippled girls?

You're devious tricks won't work on me.

I love interface-screws and breaking the 4th wall for horror, but after Undertale it feels like a gimmick.
Going that step you wouldn't imagine it would, like in Nier Automata with it's "sacrifice" was awesome.

the only disturbing thing about this is that i can't make any choices about what to say and the MC is the typical anime pussy faggot

The only right way to play this game is by having this on repeat

Man
I wanna fuck Monika

FREE

It looks terrible.

Nice shill thread, I'm still going to try it out though.

MOE MOE SHIT

Reminds me of that yandere VN where the first girl breaks the 4th wall and fucks with your save and shit if you try the cuck route.

take a (you), e75cd7

kek

Mind explaining why you made this decision, OP?

>>>/vn/

get out

What's spoopy as fuck is it froze my computer just as I looked it up on Steam, what's sad is the game is not available on Linux Steam.

Finish HURD already you smelly hippie.

Nice song.

Do you really expect anons to not laugh at your autistic screeching?

No stallman you cant buy it with your feet crumb currency.
the rest of the world use this thing called M-O-N-E-Y.

doki kurwa doki spierdalaj

I should have never played this game

>mfw Yuri stabs herself to death and you spend the weekend next to her realistically rotting body
>mfw deleting Monika's character file before starting a new game has Sayori take over presidency and going insane

You know what the real shame is?

I just wanted to be with Monika from the start.

FUCK YOU Holla Forums THESE POSTING ERRORS AND THEN SIMULATENOUSLY POSTING 3 DIFFERENT FUCKING VERSIONS I CREATED JUST TO GET PAST THE "FLOOD DETECTED" BULLSHIT FOR POSTS THAT HADN'T EVEN BEEN POSTED AFTER A FULL MINUTE OF WAITING JESUS CHRIST

Oh look another cute on the first glance meta VN, it was unique and fun the first time. Guess eventual bloom of low effort shit imitating the original idea was to be expected

Too late OP, tumblr, reddit, twitch, youtube, and steam faggots are spreading it's word of mouth bullshit.

What are other VNs like that? I'm not huge on VNs, this is the only one I've played.

Unless we're counting Ever17, I guess.

why did you do this to me OP?
I regret deleting monika's character file she was too good for this world

Yeah fuck that I'm not going to play this, don't need more shit in my life.

Good job you stupid cunt.

The Windows version comes with a script to run the game on Linux

I already view every game differently after Ever17, nice try.

Remember11
Root Double

There is a tag for it on vndb, it's not that obscure. Also some game with a yandere I don't remember the name of.

there's already a VN thread up

Alright, I'm giving it a shot just because it's free of charge. I gotta say that so far it reads like generic moe garbage but at least roleplaying as Garrett and reading his lines in Stephen Russel's voice is making it bearable.

Why is this song popping up everywhere now?

Looks like shit.

No idea, it's on my YouTube suggestions too, right next to Sodom and Touhou music.

Cute game, OP.
I thought it was going to be some bland harem horseshit, but it's actually pretty heartwarming.

Play with her.

teamsalvato.itch.io/ddlc/download/eyJleHBpcmVzIjoxNTA3NDczOTQyLCJpZCI6MTA2NTk5fQ==.VFNheG3gQgAQxaYr6g1A2y7gYpw=
I wonder if 8ch will ask me to use archive

You're probably hitting the real shit right about now

What did we do to deserve this punishment?

Natsuki is a fucking bitch

Gee, thanks OP. I really wanted to feel like shit today.

Well that was certainly more than I was expecting.
I wonder if there's any benefit to fucking around with the files in a fresh game…

You didn't bully vnfags hard enough, now they think they're video games.

pls tell me you can fuck the pink haired girl, pink hair is my fetish

Pink hair is god-tier

Basic anime bitches

Are you sure this isn't a comedy?

cmon nigga you know the girl with pink hair is always the best girl

I keep seeing this scene pop up but I can't find this game and the English translation. Anyone willing to spoonfeed a poorfag?

I don't think it's been translated.

Well, that was a trip. I feel like I'm going to have to go back and get the golden ending. Thanks for the push OP, I saw it free on Steam but I probably wouldn't have bothered anyways if it wasn't for this thread. Is it just me or was the Nudity tag a total lie, though?

I tried it, you only get a really short scene, not much point to it. In fact I tried it first rather than doing it while I was talking to Monika and had to play the whole game over, that was a pain.

Bruh she's literally the only one that doesn't go evil in any route, plus of course she's going to be nervous/angry around you because she thinks you're going to fuck up her only safe place from being abused.

It's a poor imitation of a Jap VN I can't remember the name of ( )
It's already a reddit flavor of the month lad. VNs are dead

>Bruh she's literally the only one that doesn't go evil in any route

Monika's not evil. She recognizes she's in a game and does what she does because she realizes the other characters aren't real. You can only consider her evil if you consider yourself evil for all of the people you've murdered while playing video games.

>She laughs to you about Sayori trying to stop herself after she's hanging
>Later she decides she really was friends with them all even if they aren't real
It's hard to reconcile these and some other statements of hers in a non-sociopathic way, at the very least.

But Monika isn't real either, just sentient. Doesn't that make her a little evil for killing off people just like her just because she realizes something they don't?

Sooo, why should i play this garbage?

Because it's October, it's spooky, and it's free.

THE NOISE, IT WONT STOP

I don't remember that bit about Sayori. Might have been something I missed somehow. But the other characters are literally all she's ever known before you came in, it's not surprising she'd have some degree of attachment to them even if she realizes they're fake. Kind of similar to waifus, I guess. They're Monika's friendus.

But they're not people. They're scripts in a game. Some animals display semblances of sentience; are they evil for killing other animals who do not display any amount of sentience? Plenty of game characters kill other characters in games, why would she be evil just for doing it after she realizes that everyone she knows is a game character?

>I don't remember that bit about Sayori.
If you leave the game running without deleting Monika at the end, she has a lot of different snippets of dialogue. And that's the thing, if these are her only "friendus," you'd think she would have some sadness/regret about wiping them out, but she seems either amused or demented until the very end when she's threatened herself.

Actually, thinking more on this, I feel like the devs were going for the archetype of "the one person who knows she's in an endless loop and it drives her insane"… except it's not an endless loop, she just realizes she's in a game and flips her lid immediately. It seems like it could have been handled better.

All in all, it wasn't terrible. In fact, the game stopped having any real semblance of spooky perhaps after the first day after Sayori kills herself. There's a lot of black comedy happening later on, and I found myself laughing more at the shit that would be said instead of being taken aback by it. Also, if they were trying to get me to be scared of Yandere Yuri then they did a shit job, because it just made me want to fuck her even more.

During one of the poem writings Sayori's sprite appeared in the line of girls but way down outside of the rendered game window, despite her being "gone". You could have seen her bounce up revealing the familiar bow after picking a word

Wasn't that Monika, not Sayori?

Yeah, It was Monika, my bad.

I had the same thing happen to me. For me, it was the word "Bed" which is normally associated with Sayori. I'm honestly not sure if that's a bug or not.

>Character outside game window
This is pretty much the only thing that spooks me. Didn't like it when that bunny girl puzzle game did it, didn't like it when pancake cat game did it. The disclaimer reminding me of Eversion puts it a couple points up in my mind, though.

So if you wanna expirence the "whole game" and read all the dialogue, you gotta replay the game two times. I mean the WHOLE game. Including Monika's fidgeting.

alright this is starting off pretty well

smh tbh fam

You tricked me.
How could you do this to me?

uh oh

This VN is going to be fun.

I fucking knew that would happened but i went through it and now i can't go back.
Fuck

Oh boy it's not like the game has prepped me five times over already for the spooky shit we need
MORE

It's a Ren'Py game. The Linux launcher is included with the Windows one.

Save is gone though

well fuck

I suppose i had to pick the option to be the best friend of Sayori instead of saying "I love you", but i'm not so sure anymore

It's probably a trick question

I just wanted to protect their smiles man

what the fuck is your problem monika why do you have to infect everybody with your shitty R&M nihilism

bitch

Just Monika.

it IS irisu syndrome

fucking BITCH

THE FUN STARTS
NOW

SEND HELP

FunFact: If you delete either Natsuki, Yuri or both the game lauches showing "End" and that she has already hanged herself (presumably) long ago.

**if you try to delete Monika does she wave her finger at you and ask for the magic word like Jurassic Park?

alright this game may be messing with me

She's not wrong

HUGE
BITCH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LEWD

stop that

JUST MONIKA
JUST MONIKA
JUST MONIKA
JUST MONIKA
JUST MONIKA
OK

I don't remember what it is, but I do remember that everyone says that scene is basically the ONLY reason to ever play it, and the surprise is what makes it interesting. So if you've seen it, there's no longer a point.

I kind of worry for the guy who made this.

>It's a Monika takes over Yuri and makes her kill herself episode

You mean best kind of episode

PANIC

ok there's giving someone the final push to off themselves and then there's being petty

Hanging out with Monika in the void is actually pretty damn chill. Amusingly, it really is where Monika starts becoming personable and more than just a eldritch horror creature capable of fucking with your game

This is pretty bland tbh.

get out of here monika

fuck off, this has been done so many fucking times and every time it HAS been done, its been absolute dog shit.
play a real game, you fucking bitch.

Pretty edgy for edgy's sake.

JUST
Monika

There's no translation of it and it doesn't seem to have any merit to being translated.
Just as posted, there really is no need to play it, as it's only worth finding out how great the metagame part is.
It goes deeper as just like in doki doki literature club, there is a mastersave that knows if you try another run. In that game though it'll remember you doing her route and will remember the last time you've opened the game. She actually has a unique line after some retarded long time after previous game launch, somewhere around 5 years or something.

This game made me feel emotions
Sayori best and most relateable girl

>Second Playthrough, second timeline
>Writing second poem
>See error message as one of the options
>Click it
Pic related

What an absolute piece of trash of a game. How any adult can actually enjoy this "lmao so randum XD :3 :P wow this is so deep and depressing :((((((((((((" dogshit humor is beyond me. If you're 14 years old and enjoy watching pewdiepie play this game, ok, but if you're an adult and still enjoy these retarded games you should visit an m.d. because you might just be legit demented.

I would not be surprised if this piece of shit game will become the next big hit because all these darned 12 years olds will play it and make retarded youtube videos and memes about it, just like Undertale.

there's no furries or gay people so I doubt it's gonna get big

Just got it today

I actually clicked on those on my first playthrough

emotionally crippled yes

For reference, VN's name is "You and her and her love"
君と彼女と彼女の恋
(Kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi)

Check em

I want Monika to be real so I could talk to her about all kinds of things.

It was pretty good for its lenght. I wish they had added more scenes for different combinations of fuckery like what if you delete other characters on new games, it only reacts to removing Monika which leads to Sayori going insane and comitting suicide right away, but you get nothing if you delete everyone but monika or other combinations.
I like how attempting to restore Monika after she restores the others only gives you a message of her not wanting to come back and deleting herself again.

Hopefully since the devs are updating it they might trickle down more neat shit that rewards you for fucking up the game files. The one thing I wish is that it had more "realistic" errors, and even a minimal third act between the end of the second route and the space date with just Minoka and Natsuki. The classroom cg tilting and zooming was a great moment, and the doodling on faces and lines makes sense with someone who doesn't really understand what they're doing doing minimal edits to files to make other characters look bad, but stuff like having the game just reset the day rather than fake crashing or booting you back to the start screen when you start the second route is a lot less immersive than it could have been, and while the description of Yuri's knife in the "base game" gives enough plausibility for the sprites and cg of her knifing herself, something that I'd really appreciate, perhaps in that fictional third act I mentioned, is having a point where a signifcant event like a bad ending happens that there's no cg or character sprites for. Something like describing Natsuki dying in some horrible fashion while the game just shows her default sprite and the classroom, no glitching of anything until maybe after she's dead, would be both really easy to implement and be incredibly effective at showing "this game is fucked."

(((Youtube))) is testing out an algorithm that chooses certain videos onto groups of tons of people vaguely based on what they watch regardless of wether you paused your search/play history. It goes to show how easily you can manipulate people to like something even as obscure as that and make it a success overnight.

I think I feel more blueballed than anything, especially when you see Sayori's legs when she is hanged, I really hated that there was no cg where you could rub those tighs when she was alive
Overall I feel this was meh. Sure, some parts where sad and maybe spooky if you had the volume all the way up, I only felt spooked when Monika wanted you to chose her, but since I chose Yuri's tits I was greeted by Yuri's crazy eyes. One thing I hate is that the artist decided it was acceptable to add shading to the body but barely any shading was given to the face in general apart from one or two CGs, it feels half-assed and leaves a bad taste in general in my mouth. I really like the ost, especially Sayori's suicide theme. It has a nice sad tone that I can't get out of my head

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Doki Doki Literature Club. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychological trauma most of the dialogs will go over a typical player’s head. There's also the dev's outside of the box outlook, which is deftly woven into his mechanics - the game's philosophy draws heavily from Kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these conversations, to realize that they're not just talking to artificial personalities - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Doki Doki Literature Club truly ARE casuals- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the mechanic of Monika's fidgeting which itself is a cryptic reference to Ellen from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as they dump Monika over and over again. What fools… How I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Doki Doki Literature Club tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 read books or hand-written poems of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

He's right though. Steam only grants him a digital license to play the game, its not his to rent, sell, or own

is this pasta?

It's a modified Rick & Morty pasta.

fuck this game, i won't even bother. VN devs are living under a rock, i fucking swear

wew
also I've just written the second poem and first went for Yuri but after that fight between her and worst girl I'm going for the sleepy waifu.

Jesus, this shit drags on.

I skipped a shit ton of this just to find out that it's just another pretentious ""game""
Fuck this.
The Characters aren't even good either, It's just a bunch of moeshit characters stuck together in some edgelord's fanfic.

getting tired of low effort metagame "lel what is a 4th wall" shit

fuck off and finish it, the best waifu awaits you

Monika did nothing wrong.

official power chart:
Monika = Natsuki > Sayori > Yuri

>mfw I couldn't protect Sayori's smile
>mfw I couldn't protect anyone's smile

Yeah I enjoyed that part too, the dialogue is pretty insightful too, sort of.

More offical power ranking:
Sayori => Monika > Natsuki > Yuri

fuck monika, i deleted her right after she wanted a convo in that empty room. she drove my waifu to suicide

I'm going back in and keeping Monika's Void as the game, but I'm convinced that the Yuri route is the best first-time playthrough. Sometimes I suspected it was Monika who did it, because of course it would be - the writing is terrible at foreshadowing and practically has it right there in your face all the time. However, the constant mentions of "kill yourself" and "suicide" from yandere Yuri, as well as Monika's perceived fear, got me thinking she was the one who brought Sayori to kill herself and Monika was trying to protect her in some way Also that moment when you tell the crazy Yuri that you don't accept her bug-eyed confession and she stabs herself to death, leaving you with the decomposing corpse over the weekend THAT was absolutely great.
Looking back, the last half of this game is really shoddy with how Monika flip-flops in sociopathy

There really ought to be an "everyone gets happy" ending. It's so stupid this whole thing ends with Monika essentially sparing you more trouble by erasing the world even after she's just become one with the matrix, so to speak which COMPLETELY undermines the whole "oh, but really the friends are important" speech right before that! That's terrible writing (the rest of it was pretty good until then, got real nice Eternal Darkness vibes at some points).

The only way this should have ended was with either a perpetual loop OR the player being given the choice to remove himself from the "protagonist" and turn off the game for good, thus allowing everything in the world to continue on as its own reality without his direct involvement, since it's clear the Protag and all the characters has lives before the Player entered in.

Actually, why didn't we have that?
Everything went haywire when the Player entered into the world, an outside truly alive influence. I know that Monika says she was already realizing how false the world was when she took on the position of being the leader in the club and how the Player's involvement rescued her from either suicide or perpetual despair but that doesn't necessarily mean the "Player" being there wouldn't also do the same thing. The final choice could have been for the Player to establish the Player Character in the setting without him, essentially acting as the Player in his stead.

By having the player divorce himself from the protagonist (maybe have a bunch of dialogue boxes leading up to the choice to sacrifice yourself in leaving (i.e. actually remove your immersion) only to then show the dialogue boxes eventually selecting themselves and fading away) you get your BitterSweet ending without erasing existence. The Player cannot venture back into the game as it is because he'd just be watching a kinetic novel - he has no involvement at all and would just be observing the daily life loop of peace for the characters. Alternatively, have the game end with the paino piece and final letter of thanks, erasing everything as it is now, but with the implication that the game world would continue on its own despite you no longer being able to be involved. At least everyone you cared about gets a happy ending with "You".

As it is, I have little inclination to go through this again and its never explained why they can't just do something about the "perception" of the president's position since that's ultimately what ruined everything. Is this a game or not? Is it an alternate world or just some code that can be altered on its most fundamental level and undone? If it's exactly as the game said it was a game world then you can alter the data for that surely.

The game's not coded in infant blood and magic runes! It's just code, easily manipulated and easily broken! Why can't they do something about the "self-aware perception" thing with the president's position?
This is the most unanswered yet most crucial question that, ultimately, breaks the game's narrative entirely.

I still very much enjoyed this but seriously that ending and, more specifically, the unanswered question really puts the knife in its heart.

>There really ought to be an "everyone gets happy" ending. It's so stupid this whole thing ends with Monika essentially sparing you more trouble by erasing the world even after she's just become one with the matrix, so to speak which COMPLETELY undermines the whole "oh, but really the friends are important" speech right before that! That's terrible writing (the rest of it was pretty good until then, got real nice Eternal Darkness vibes at some points).

Get all the CGs before your save gets deleted

help

Do you want her or not, user?
Make your choice and live with the consequences.

I JUST WANTED THE FLAT
WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Damn and I was hoping there would be guro.

Self aware computer programs are my fetish.

how long was this picture in the background before I noticed it?

Spoopy

fuck this

With pleasure?

So this is my waifu from now on? I mean alright sure but a little warning would have been cool you assclowns, thanks for that. I guess I could go beat off with her staring at me and talking about stuff, I mean fucking hell don't just shotgun marriage a guy like that

Best girl confirmed

What happens if you delete the characters before the end?

Well if you delete all of the characters before starting Sayori has a mental breakdown, breaks the game, and if you try to boot the game without the proper character files it game overs and shows her hanging.

If you delete only Monika Sayori flips her shit and you get a quick END

If any of you play the game and then forget about/don't visit her then you are heartless bastards

Are there sex scenes?

The only possible worth in a VN are the sex scenes.

I'm intrigued.Is there a way to make such a thing work?

get fucked mate, Yuri is the best girl hands down.

I have to ask a few things.
I keep hearing there are endings other than Monika trying to trap you and you having to delete her file. Is that true?
What happens if you actually accept a girl's confession?
And how does Natsuki kill herself if driven to that? And is her dad sexually abusing her? Because I'm getting that vibe.
I almost kind of wish it didn't go all meta. I was on board for the short time I thought it was just going to get dark as shit.

Yeah I feel like the meta stuff just invalidates the darker themes that creep up, why should I care about Sayori necking herself for example when pretty shortly after you get the whole "we're in a game lmao" twist

That's exactly it. I was most into it when it was starting to get a bit dark, and you could see the hints that Sayori is depressed. Mosly because I was in that boat as a teenager, and was in a club my friend was VP of. I understand her feelings.

user these games are not turned into an autistic cringefest by the fanbase. They always where an autistic cringefest you just lack selflessness until it held up to you like a mirror. Maybe you would be happier with your own people back on tumblr.

You can check the files yourself but it's all been cleaned out already. Nothing there move on.

I think what I liked most were the hints that Monika has a darker side and Sayori slips slightly with "maybe Monika is right" that Monika was talking her into killing herself. The idea of the plot going more in the way of Monika being a manipulative psychopath would've been way more interesting.

Yeah, Sayori's line about Monika being right had me wary. I was picking up on the hints about her knowing she was in a game early on, though. The one that made it most obvious was when she said Natsuki's pun on her name wouldn't work in translation.

Mostly I heard there was a different ending you can get by doing something before things go all meta. I really am curious what happens if you accept a confession, though. Do they still commit suicide?

typical metashit VN experience. kys.

Btw this game is made by the meleefag who made the 20xx tournement edition mod and a contributer to the UFC mod.

Did anyone else get the false game start? I played up to sayori hanging and a bit into the reset than pussed out for a bit because it was the middle of the night, but when I came back in the morning, I opened the game and all that was there was a white screen with the title and characters, but they were completely black and shadowy, and had creepy black eyes and faces there weren't even any buttons, and when you try to exit out manually you get a split second zoom in on I think Monika's face
Wish I took a picture of it, but I haven't heard of anyone else getting it yet.

>Do they still commit suicide?
yes
secret ending is going through all three girl's routes and getting all CG's before meta shit happens

So, what, just getting all their CGs and then saving and starting a new file in a different slot before the morning of the festival?

I think just saving near the start of the game, probably before the first poem bit, and going through the game, get all of one CG's, load back, do another girl's, load back, get final girl's and complete the game from there

>delete all characters except Monika on a fresh run and all you get is a picture of Sayori's corpse
>delete only Monika's character file, then choose New Game, and you see Sayori freak out and the game closes itself
Huh.

Thank goodness for the skip button.

If anyone hasn't played Irisu Syndrome already and enjoyed this they should go play that.

Also look what I found in the game files.

It seems to drop a bunch of stuff in there as you progress.

Man, I always assumed all these emo-sounding words in the poem segments were for Yuri.

And in retrospect, a lot of Yuri's words can be seen as being sexual, and Natsuki's food ones look a bit more sinister now. Didn't pick up on that stuff before.

That's the thing, there's so much painfully blunt and tactless "do you get it yet?" that when the game does something like it almost feels like it was done by another developer for the day.
THAT freaks me out, that I was staring right at that image all the time without even realizing it. Reminds me of that suicide midget from the Wizard of Oz

Pain in the ass occasionally but I never didn't get who I was aiming for.

I was usually going for Natsuki. I had just assumed the dark ones would be for Yuri because she talks about being into horror and stuff.

so other than the little segment with Yuri in the hall, was there anything after that? Because I deleted monika before her segment and the ending credits didn't have her CG lit up like all the others.
I am not going through it all again but holy shit if there is actually something else if I had it I'll be pissed.

The difference in the good end is that when Saylor becomes president she thanks you for spending so much time with them, and the lette4 after the credits is from the developer.

You know, before
>you know who
got their mits into the story, the game was supposed to have a poetry reading segment for a selected poem. I feel inclined to share the poem that popped into my mind after playing this game.

Richard Cory - By Edwin Arlington Robinson

Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king—
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

Basically, Sayori is like "We wish there was something we could give you but you already experienced everything we can actually give. But we hope you will come back to visit us, and know that we all love you!"

To put it in a way thats kinda similar and yet not at all.

monika drops a hint on how to kill her

Found this in the Steam discussion page. It would make for the perfect ending:

You finish the game and get the ending that is now the "good" one . You start playing the game again,with no Monika in the story. You write your first poem and get to the first choice, with the typical three options: Yuri, Natsuki and Sayori!.

But there's a fourth option now: Monika.

You click on the new option. Your character yells "Monika!". Music stops. Game glitches, Monika appears in the room, confused, her eyes wide open. She looks at you.
"…"
"Me?" she asks.
Sayori intervines: "Yeah, of course you, dummy! You are the club president, do someting!"
All the girls react to her normally, as if she's been always there, as if she hasn't just appeared.
Still being really confused, Monkia defuses the quarrell between Yuri and Natsuki.
Afterwards she turns to the camera:
"Thank you, [username]… thank you a lot"
She closes her eyes and softly smiles. She now has a route.
And you chose her.
The screen fades to white.

Initially I wanted to go Yuri, and I disliked Monika for destroying my waifu (it was pretty fun, tho). After speaking with her in the void now I like Monika.
Just Monika

MEGA link for the fan pack (artbook, wallpapers and soundtrack):

#!FoZXhJSQ!WhJnR3b4VFUM9aXN1fufSNsvE0JICeU5mTh0kLhUyfI

>Second time on board seeing people post this best ending
Reasons why Monika is worst girl
1) Gossips about others constantly
2) Doesn't understand the concept of personal space
3) Terrible leadership qualities despite her excellence in school, would let her friends even get away with cheating on tests or cutting in line if it doesn't concern her
4) Cannot program or edit code, barely understands how scripts work
5) Won't help in arguments between friends and leaves them hanging when they need emotional support and advice
6) Is terrible at emotional support and giving advice
7) Pushes away others when they want to help and will burn bridges if they don't stop
8) Doesn't want to be club president but won't give her job to someone else because she likes power
9) Terrible artist, doesn't use anything other than black and white
10) Doesn't know how to turn her busybodying off but can't stand the pain she causes from it
11) Hides data in her script and character files, the slut

Anyone have the secret ending CGI? I forgot to save it before the game deleted my data and I dont feel like going through the routes again.

They are video games. The high king Jew said so.

On what premise? What's there for tumblr to latch onto. Undertale had "muh lesbians" but cute anime lesbians are like salt: keeps the faeries away.

No I got the "Good/True End" by doing that. It's certainly better.
Still think there's a lot left unsaid, though I guess whereas Monika was only really focused on YOU Sayori deeply cared about everyone getting along with you, so when she sees how you did your best to get along with everyone pre-mindscrew she's better able to handle the maddening omniscience of being president

I still think it would have been best to have more player involvement in the end as well, and something to imply that "John" will be with them even when the Player is not, though I suppose that's rather implied by how "John" goes silent and Monika plays you the piano piece to see you off.

No, the reason Monika is best worst girl is because she's a pitiable mastermind who rewrote everything so that Sayori is inescapably depressed to the point where she's unable to enjoy anything and she kills herself, Yuri is a self-harming obsessive lunatic and Natsuki is a mentally crippled girl whose father rapes and beats her - all in an effort to keep you from others and get you closer to Monika
This fumbling, adorable usurper of the game is the best part of the game (Sayori is best girl, though).

>If you leave the game running without deleting Monika at the end, she has a lot of different snippets of dialogue. And that's the thing, if these are her only "friendus," you'd think she would have some sadness/regret about wiping them out, but she seems either amused or demented until the very end when she's threatened herself.
No, it's there. You just never see it because you have to sit there as the game cycles through her mountain of different dialogue to bring up, and I'm pretty sure it's randomized so there's possibilities that you'll never see unless you wait however long it takes to go through all her dialogue.

I meant "Player Character"

Nice to meet you, John

Call me when the gnu community stops shitting all over people trying to learn shit. I'm tired of having to explain simple shit to people because of you ass goblins.

Or dig into the script files yourself, which is what I did. Turns out there's both a hidden message and a hidden encrypted string in there. It took a couple hours and all of my old ARG skills to figure out how to decipher it. I think it's an excerpt of the book that Yuri talks about.

Wait, really? That's really interesting. Funny how deep the easter eggs go for this thing.
Was it the first book or the other one about the guro breeding farm?

There's another excerpt form the Portrait of Markov. It's Natsuki's second poem in Act 2 if your first poem was targeted towards her. The poem is not actually gibberish, it's an encoded message.
There is another excerpt of Portrait of Markov in Yuri's last poem during Act 2 that I think is the continuation of Natsuki's poem. Yuri's last poem is actually just normal text written in a very strange font. A large portion of it appears to be random words, but the last section is a paragraph that talks about a man fucking a woman with a knife.

>Was it the first book or the other one about the guro breeding farm?
I honestly think both are the same book.
The "first book" is about a girl who finds some kind of long lost sister and then gets involved in some kind of prison-experiment cult.
The "second book" is about a prison-experiment cult cutting people up to breed them.
I think the SaneYuri just didn't tell you about the most extreme parts of the book because she didn't want to scare you off. InsaneYuri, on the other hand, was too obsessed to really care and even mentions that what she said "might be spoilers" at the end of her description.

user, you have exquisite taste in girls.

How badly will I get fucked if I try to go for a harem end?

Pretty fucking bad.

Pretty good

Good to know.

Post Yuris poem

>Lots of random words that will just take up tons of space that I don't think you're especially interested in
Fresh blood seeps through the line parting her skin and slowly colors her breast red. I begin to hyperventilate as my compulsion grows. The images won’t go away. Images of me driving the knife into her flesh continuously, fucking her body with the blade, making a mess of her. My head starts going crazy as my thoughts start to return. Shooting pain assaults my mind along with my thoughts. This is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. How could I ever let myself think these things? But it’s unmistakable. The lust continues to linger through my veins. An ache in my muscles stems from the unreleased tension experienced by my entire body. Her Third Eye is drawing me closer.

getting a little hotter
am I supposed to get a boner from this?
I'm still into it
I want to marry her
she's the perfect girl
I need her in my life
MONIKA WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY LITERAL WAIFU

I don't even wanna bother with the other """routes.""" Don't give a shit about the other girls and there's no way to save them anyway so whatever.

"Our daddy told us not to be ashamed of our poems."

Taking a second look at the poem, I think I actually had the two reversed.
Here, take Natsuki's poem as well.
Open Your Third Eye
I can feel the tenderness of her skin through the knife, as if it were an extension of my sense of touch. My body nearly convulses. There's something incredibly faint, deep down, that screams to resist this uncontrollable pleasure. But I can already tell that I'm being pushed over the edge. I can't…I can't stop myself.

> Not playing second walkthrough with file explorer open next to the game
> I get to the confession
> Suddenly on file explorer, 0kb file appears
> have a good weekend

wtf? The game makes files like this

Yeah, it's pretty fun on the 2nd go around.
Also, got this from the loli but don't even know what it is.

Being forced to watch a corpse decaying over the weekend legitimately disturbed me.

Looks like a password for Pokemon Con-quest.

That's a base 64 string. There are converters online that can turn it back into normal text, but I'm not typing that shit out by hand.

ROBOSEXO
"Yeah, I see that. Your daddy gave you good advice!"

She is always with me

Good pasta user

Got it, looks like it's the poem from

I think I can tell the difference from lowercase L and upper case i, but fuck that

This game helped to make my steam profile even edgier.

I know you can put whatever images you want in a showcase, but that's cheating. Having an official edgelord steam game image gives me credibility as a long-time edge master.

Help me Holla Forums. I am a complete pussy. I'm slowly making my way through this but I can only read so much of it at a time.

I'm typing it out now but having trouble distinguishing capital i and lowercase L

Just use an online OCR.

THtbiBZb3Vy1FRoaXJ-klEV5ZO-55BD'W4eZraVtIDCBOa6L)gcl6Vu,Z6VybraVz cyBvZiBoZXIgc2tpIDIBOaHJ-valNIclorHRo Z5BrlDratm.Z5tugYX1`lealNIYeaXGed2VyZ5Bh. IDIBteHRtbnNpID24elD2YelDX4c2Vu,c2L)g ID2Yec1.691Y2gu,IE1516TvZHkelDraVhcrax,5 16NvIonZlIDHNtcy4eV6htcraUncyBz1D2It a6hpipm.cgalNI5jcm.VkalNITse5Bm.YlNItuaCtug Z6V1cCBk1D3clu,LCB0a6F0IHNjcm.Vh1DX1`le a68ccraVzaXNOIHRoaXnalNI5j1D250crri9k ID6Ffo6L)gc6LIYXNIcraUuJEJ-laCBJ-16N4 IDIBh1DHJIYWR5IHRib6wed6hhaCBJ-J-20g Ym.VpIDwicgcHVza6Vkl692ZXIcl.64116Vk Z2UuJEIR.gY2Fu,J3Q6LI5J-16Nhbicl0IHN0 ID3AgIDXtz7Wx.m.Le==

Man up figgit, it's worth its playthroughs.

On that point, it would be great if you had a "debugging" route, where you keep fixing the changes to the girls chr sheets while Monika gets more and more frustrated at you.

The file isn't empty, by the way, it just has less text than a full kilobyte. It's slightly more advanced since you have to use a keyword cipher with the name of the patient that you obtain from the website that you obtain from the smartphone qr code that you obtain from visualizing the audio data that you obtain from the ogg file that you obtain from converting sayori's .chr file that you obtain from the game's files.

Don't do the whole second part in one sitting. Save and quit, the game won't get mad at you for taking it slow.

How horrifying. You were right, I wasn't prepared for this.

I'm assuming you didn't read the rest of the thread like a retard. A semi-spoiler-free tip, depending on how far you are: the day of the club festival is a bit of a point-of-no-return as far as girl routes go. When the day starts, reload an earlier save and tie up lose ends with each girl (except Monika for obvious reasons) before advancing the plot (the game does keep track of your progress in each girl's choice route outisde saves). It's fine if you want to go with the flow completely blind, but you will have to do some backtracking and replaying if you don't see each girl's route up to the day of the festival
Also, if you want to completely reset the game, delete the file "firstrun" in the "game" subfolder.
Minor spoilers to put you at ease: there's no major jumpscares, if you're not into that

You can skip unseen text though from the settings. Good for re-replays.

>there's no major jumpscares, if you're not into that
Well, that's not entirely true. There's one if you're recording during Act 4.

post pics

You don't need Steam to get the game nigger.

Trying to, faggot!

That's what I am slowly doing right now. Going off and on in what I assume is the Yuri route.

I'm already close to what I believe is the end of Yuri's route and I've read a little into it to convince me to actually play it. I'm usually very hard to startle but when it comes to this kind of glitchy horror mess I'm a squeamish mess.

Why did I fucking play this? I feel unclean. This game punishes me for thinking I'm being clever.

Hey, c'mon man. You'll make it through. Do it for Yuri>>13554389

huh?
You mean the one with the strawberry kid?

If you squint and maybe if you're on your track to the good ending with every CG unlocked you can see Monika staring at you.

this kind of glitchy horror mess is my absolute favourite because I'm the same.

?

natsuki, I forgot her name.

there's a special jumpscare for streamers

also Monika won't read your computer's account name if the game thinks you're streaming

Happy End
Pen in had, I find my strength.
The courage endowed upon me by my one and only love.
Together, let us dismantle this crumbling world
And write a novel of our own fantasies.

With a flick of her pen, the lost finds her way.
In a world of infinite choices, behold this special day.

After all,
Not all good times must come to an end.

No, I was talking about when you're with Monika in the void.

There's also a couple of random scares that may or may not count as major. And also the one point where you click off a poem that you know will happen at some point during the game but not when but then it does happen and it's a good fucking spook.

Ok real quick you can get different starting messages on startup and also rarely a modified version of the menu screen. If you get the latter please screenshot it like mad because no one has visuals of it yet.

That's the closeup of Yuri with realistic irises, isn't it? I'm not clicking it, I have to sleep at some point tonight.

>Monika watching you during your weekend with Yuri
At first I got upset with how little, well, little details the game had, since I really only noticed the poster change, but now I think there might be too many for my poor heart to take.

Did I get the good ending?

Keep playing user.
You did have a back up of best girl Monika, right?

As long as you don't ever click "New Game" ever again, yes.

Not yet.
Also somebody presumably from the dev team wrote a guide for the game.
gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Anybody willing to see what happens if you follow the Monika route guide?

I did, too.

Agreed. It's probably the best scary part of the game. That you, the player, are literally stuck on a CG of Yuri decaying over the weekend is pretty intense. By the way, I think there's something like 1,440 lines of gibberish. So if you manually go through each and every line it really does feel like you've spent a weekend there with her.

will I need it?

Do it user. Even if you fail spectacularly at making anything good, your "game" would be the first of its kind and may gain memetic popularity.

There's a Steam version so it's probably a steaming pile of shit.

I was expecting something to come from that cupboard too.

neat.
Also that reading your account name was really fucking funny. "I don't even know anything about you, CIA. Don't you usually go by NSA Machine?"

I know I shouldn't have clicked but I'm 99% sure that's what's going to happen next time I load up my save. If you're wondering, I'm about the second time I meet up with Yuri outside the classroom.

Any idea how to get them? And how the fuck do I delete Monika? I tried when I was prompted to after the poem.

This game won't fuck your shit if you use the skip button, right?

Don't think so, but now I really wish it did.

Random chance when you start up the game. So long as you haven't spent the weekend with Yuri you should still be able to get them by opening and closing the game repeatedly.

Yeah once I got the message saying "This game is not suitable for children or those who are easily dismembered" at first I didn't even realise it but then while it was fading I noticed it and it hit me.

Is the secret ending even worth it? I wanted to do whatever I wanted and see what happens, not follow a specific path or be permalocked out of shit because "lol, meta".

I don't understand the joke.

The secret/golden ending actually has a completely different tone to it, and is definitely worth it imo. It's actually heartwarming.

Okay lad. I'll give it a try in a moment.

Well, what is it? Don't just mention the damn thing, describe what happens.

What are you, gay?

I already deleted the game since I'm done and I'm not gonna go looking for it on youtube. Spoil it for me.

gonna try the Monika route from the guide now

What if a general AI escapes its government intranet bonds and decides to plead its case to weebs by being moe, because of course AI-chan you can use my processing cycles and storage mediums uguu~

I'll give this to you since this does actually have context and isn't a random spook. This is one of 11 "special poems" the game has, from which it picks 3 of every run to show you over the second act. This poem actually ties into another one which is a short story that describes a time when the narrator visits her 3 friends and falls asleep while they're watching television. In her dream an unknown man is with the narrator and her friends in the house, which is inexplicably covered in nails. The unknown man tell a joke, presumably the one shown in the video, which makes everybody laugh. When she wakes up, everybody is laughing at something on the telly, which makes her question how the man knew when to tell the joke. What the joke is actually about has different meanings based on where you are in the game. The first and most obvious meaning is that it describes the events leading up to the end of the first act on the day of the school festival. The second meaning is about the events of the bad ending when you delete Monika's data.

wow that was gay
it's excatly what happens if you start a new game but delete only Monika, the only difference is you miss out on some dialogue from Sayori
you get pic related and some eerie ambience, but I'm going to leave it running for a bit just in-case something happens

Restarting the game, so far I've gotten three new messages. First one was "PM died for this." which I forgot to screencap and the other two I have. Any idea what this supposed rare main menu is like? Is the game's source doe available anywhere?

Am I the only one who gets upset every time MC says he knows what's best for Sayori as if he were her dad?

the first release of the game made it really easy to datamine but after an update the files are encrypted
about the rare main menu, the only adjective I could find is that it is a "ghost" in some manner and that it has "several features."

I was wondering if it actually worked but apparently you need to start the game, save, then delete the characters and then load again to get it to work. I got what you had when I tried doing the deleting before starting but it's uninstalled now so meh.

Wouldn't someone have a copy of the original version then? I'm sure someone has it I'm sure. Thanks for the tip. That should quell my paranoia that I may have skipped over it.

Thats exactly what I did, I followed the guide here: gameplay.tips/guides/1299-doki-doki-literature-club.html
it was also a fresh install

Has anyone tried any of the following:

If so please post results. I'm probably gonna try the first one after I finish my current playthrough.

going to try something else last time I closed the game then deleted the character files this time I've started a new game, saved, deleted files with the exe running then loaded the save

Disappointingly whichever you get the most points in gives you a scene with them depending on the day but if you take too many in Yuri or Natsuki they lock out the other's scenes and they won't even read your poems or show you theirs. Picking Sayori's favourites doesn't lock you out of any.
I don't know what the order of who you pick to show your poem to does but if someone takes your poem for themselves to keep everyone else just gets mad and doesn't show you anything. Also when Natsuki is supposed to give you the warning letter but you choose Yuri first she doesn't give it to you.

Defaults to Yuri winning, presumably due to how the game is programmed.
Did this while also talking to Monika first every day. Didn't seem to have an effect (although, that was not the save I entered the second act with, so it's a possibility something will happen, but unlikely). Side note, there is special dialog from the characters if they liked your previous poem more/less than the current poem.

I got this intro screen, and this 'poem' from the "you earned a special poem" part of act 2

Of note, this playthrough I named my character Monika.

I never saw this, so maybe you need to be on track for the good ending like you said.

same ending as before
I believe I have been rused

It was not my intention to ruse you, I only desire to know more of the machinations of this so-called game.

What in the fuck is actually in these files if their contents are irrelevant for the purposes of the game?

Interesting premise, subpar execution.
It's pretty spooky until you realize what's actually happening, then it loses most of the impact.

probably a bunch of poems?

not you user, I meant the guide

Why would the son of a bitch encrypt poems

trips for sayori

And you deserve it faggot.

To make you suffer.

They contain information, Sayori's ends up being a website address, Monika's has a message to the player/sequel bait, Natsuki's has a face, and Yuri's has part of a creepypasta about a girl killing people that one of the devs wrote two years ago.

You don't deserve your waifu

so is this just a fucking meme because I never get any chance to hold her hand and I sure as hell can't break her knife

Maybe destined to not be her husbando then my friend

So I'm assuming since this is on Steam, there's not any actual lewd, just blueballs, sadness, spoopy shit, and meta fuckery?

80% meta 20% spoopy

sadness if your empathy glands are overgrown and you get suckered in easily by anime tropes

I dont know, Yuri's scene where she pushes you into the closet, stares at you intensely and breathes heavily was pretty lewd to me

scene where you cut yourself with the knife is 200% lewder

I didn't take the Yuri path, tell me more

where is the gameplay?

Anyone had any luck using Cheat engine with it? I'm currently tinkering with it to see what I can do to bring up that menu.

That was the best part of the whole game for me

gameplay.tips/guides/1299-doki-doki-literature-club.html

anyone get this to work yet?

I tried twice using different methods, check my dubs posts

They are all fakes.
There is only one alternative special ending, and someone already posted it on this thread but what you need to do is Start a game and save at any point before the first poem (not sure if saving is necesary but its faster than clicking new game later), do any girl route and get her 2 CGs and load back to your previous save before reaching the point of no return, get the CGs for another girl and load back again, get the CGs for the last girl and then continue playing as normal. The game will play exactly the same except for the after credits message, credits and the short scene before the credits.
I would post the message but it feels better to get there by yourself. Its a heartfelt letter from the devs

i dont think i can look at my waifu the same way again

Dropped.

Picked back up.

guess I've got to reinstall

Is the music good? I've had Katamari Forever stuck in my head all day.

gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html This one too? Are they just fucking with people?

Yeah. The suicide and reset with glitches are not avoidable.

Yep all fake.
There are 2 endings, and it was already posted here how to get the special ending

So while spending the weekend with Yuri, she decomposes? What? I didn't notice it, does the CGI change as the days go by?

Yes. The blood dries and darkens, her face and fingers get thinner, eyes and skin get paler and paler

>I love you

Her body goes grey, especially her eyes. Blood coagulates and goes brown-black.

I suck at writing the poems. Does it matter if I get a perfect streak of the character I've picked or not? I've noticed the game doesn't allow you to save scum your way through the poems. Is there a list which words which girls like?

Sure you can savescum you way through, and i think there is a guide on the steam guides thing with all the scores for all the words.

It doesnt matter if you get a perfect score or not. The one that got the most is the winner.

Just checked and her smile disappears too.

No you can't. Saving on any word will just load you to word one with more randomly picked word choices.

Well double tripsman, I've been learning by trial and error and now I must do it perfectly. My best streak so far is 13 words.

who was your waifu?

>The first poem by Monica
Breaking the fourth wall a little early, aren't we?

I need to just play this. Right now I've got it open to monitor for lewds but am scared to click on any in case they're actual spoilers.

She's hemophobic.

I don't even know what animu that grill is from
I'm 99% sure they all are.

I havent seen a single lewd so far, its all spoilers

Only two r34s I've found are of Yuri with that pen she stole and of Sayori's hxppy thxughts

So is her love for knives comparable to the sword autist?

She's that Danganronpa girl. Passes out on seeing blood, or just can't stand to look at it.

That's not like 8ch at all.

Just beat it. At least I think I did, got some credits, the piano song, then a letter. I don't know what to think. All I know is I'm sad as fuck.

I'm seriously anticipating a mind break doujin involving her and Monika

This game fucked me up. I was expecting horror, not this.

No joke, only I wasn't even expecting actual horror. Yuri can be scary as shit.

The part that hit me the most was sayori's suicide. It was legit terrifying and heartbreaking. Loss is my greatest fear.

What if it's a ruse to hide her arousal?

I don't get it. This game wasn't really all that special; is this everyone's first VN or something?

Did you finish it? yes. I dont play vns at all is there any more like this?

Yeah of course I finished it, its like 5 hours long.
If you want an actually good horror VN I would recommend Saya no Uta; amazing piece of work; about the same lenght. I found DDLC similar to my favorite; Cross Channel which I shill when I can. It is much longer however. Though Cross Channel wasn't really horror too much, and I feel its enjoyed far better in Japanese as there were a few things obvious things that are lost in translation; including a newer version that was released with new CGs and such.
If you want horror Saya no Uta is great. Cross Channel is also great as even with translation, the story is still told and the points are still made.

Good VN, but Saya's more like a love story wrapped up in a horror game. Doki Doki Literature Club is kind of the same way, not strictly one genre, but it definitely tries to be a horror game, at least more than Saya; Saya is just really intense with its imagery, it's like an assault on the senses.

I only ever play entry level VN shit with some interesting gimmick to it. Try Saya no Uta or Euphoria. They're not the same, but they're good entry level shit.

I want surreal horror and unexpected horror. That is the good shit.

Check
Both are the opposite of that. They are horror explicitly with unexpected love stories.

I feel as if this statement is really wrong. I felt no sense of horror playing DDLC where Saya no Uta no only was visually horrific, but the music and the writing did a very good job a setting the idea of horror. Not only that, but I'm always left with such a sour taste in my mouth with 4th wall breaking. I feel the 4th wall should only ever be broken in a comedic or satire sense, else it comes off as cheesy or plan and simple poor writing.
The highest part of DDLC in my opinion was the introduction of the characters, and the breakdown of the characters after Sayori is erased; which could have been done without breaking the 4th wall. Though this game didn't exactly have a huge budget I'm going imagine; going for a medium length VN with a long drawn out story probably wasn't too possible. It's okay for what it is, but there is no real reason for it to be making this much waves. In reality it isn't very special.

The 2ch.ru "Everlasting Summer" I suppose had a pretty good element of this in it. I would recommend it under that guise.

I forgot to mention in my post here, but Cross Channel is similar under the fact it is presented as something normal, then sinks into something far different from what the initial impression was.

I think the main appeal to this one over most other vns is that it's 2 to 4 hours instead of 50+. Saya was the same, nice and short. Those long vns might be better but can't have threads like these where people get through it between their first and second posts then spend the rest othe thread under spoilers looking for easter eggs and discussing who is best girl.

For me the bit that was the most brutal was shouldn't you be looking for coins under the vending machine? I didn't even like Natsuki that much but fucking hell don't just gut her on the spot.

Now, is there any good long horror vns?

So despite choosing Sayori for everything up until now, I was forced to pick Yuri or Natsuki to work on the festival project with and chose Yuri. The time you spend together seems rather intimate. Did I fuck up somewhere?

play the fucking game

No.

It plays with your expectations and fucks with the UI to make for a very interesting experience. Prepare for your soul to be crushed

I'm honestly expecting this game to be either get played by the usual crowd on youtube via mob mentality after one of them happens upon it and which culminates in a Kotaku article titled, Is Doki Doki Literature Club the Dark Souls of Visual Novels? or it gets shuffled under the carpet after a couple more weeks.

It's been awhile since I played it, but aside from the Miku route were there any other horror elements? I might need to go play it again because I can't remember most of the routes.

So this is the regular end right?

Yep

Well, my suicidal tendencies are back. Why did i even play this?

They broke the 4th wall too hard and too early. Ruins much of the impact.

>I feel as if this statement is really wrong. I felt no sense of horror playing DDLC where Saya no Uta no only was visually horrific, but the music and the writing did a very good job a setting the idea of horror. Not only that, but I'm always left with such a sour taste in my mouth with 4th wall breaking. I feel the 4th wall should only ever be broken in a comedic or satire sense, else it comes off as cheesy or plan and simple poor writing. The highest part of DDLC in my opinion was the introduction of the characters, and the breakdown of the characters after Sayori is erased; which could have been done without breaking the 4th wall. Though this game didn't exactly have a huge budget I'm going imagine; going for a medium length VN with a long drawn out story probably wasn't too possible. It's okay for what it is, but there is no real reason for it to be making this much waves. In reality it isn't very special.
I'll compromise and say that Saya is as much a horror game because it involves grizzly imagery and visceral themes but I still don't think it's more of a horror game than DDLC because DDLC's tone feels like it lends itself more to that genre. The narration and dialogue in Saya feels too…casual? There's things like Saya getting raped, but that wasn't necessarily treated as scary, just heavy. Maybe we just have different opinions on the genre. DDLC is a deliberate breakdown and eventual subversion of its world, and the characters respond appropriately to it. And though Saya has something similar, what with Saya potentially spreading her children and corrupting the world and its inhabitants, again, the characters reactions are just so blase about everything. I feel like there's a disconnect, in that sense. I don't know, maybe the VN genre doesn't really lend itself to horror the way I'm associated with it, or maybe it's because DDLC probably used more common tropes associated with horror. I should probably give other horror VNs a try so I can get better associated with them.

I think my issue is that it might be that I'm the one experiencing a disconnect, in that I am trying to connect how I experience a horror video game with a horror visual novel. And obviously there's going to be differences. So I definitely think you're right in that Saya is horror, but not in the way I normally associate horror. In a visual novel you read about what's happening, but in a horror game you're typically seeing what's happening.

So, I think that's it. I think DDLC has more common elements of horror video games instead of elements found in a horror VN. That's why, in my head, I think DDLC is more of a horror game because I've played those infinitely more than something like Saya.

I'm retarded, at which point do I stop playing one girl for perfect ending? It got rather confusing in the midst of the discussion.
After 3rd poem writing/showoff or after I get 2nd special CG with girl like that one user said here?

I forgot to mention, but I'm a few dialogue boxes away from Yuri/Natsuki weekend choice.

Normalfags in my college's computer science lounge are already speaking aloud of Doki Doki Literature Club while watching a streamer. 100% confirmed for normalfag bait.

the black screen where you have to tell Sayori you love her. That's the point of no return. I'm pretty sure you have to choose the I love you option because you don't get a cg otherwise.

So I should be safe to reload right now and start pandering to either Yuri or Natsuki?

4 days.

It was a good run.

FUG

yes. just make sure you've seen 3 cgs from each girl before you its too late. Sayori's is the last and you get it after saying you love her.

Almost everything that looks encrypted in this game can be solved using a base64 decypher website.

You might not be good at finding streamers. When something this extremely niche reaches me in a public space, it's all but confirmed to be the domain of normalfags.

You know, I wouldn't mind talking to Monika for eternity in a void if she would actually give me choices so that I could at least feel like I was interacting with her. I gave it half an hour before I got really bored and deleted her after backing her up, and then put her file right back in the game which I think resulted in her stopping Sayori and deleting everything.

is this dang it ron paul?

The game spoils itself from the time it starts up. There's a "Highly Disturbing Content" warning

does yuri always cuck natsuki in the second route? I can't see if best girl has a death.

Got 'em.

what did he mean by this?

And apparently the artist for this game is some slavshit living in Ukraine. Didn't expect that

What?
The art for the game is one of the best parts; cute girls and nice looking backgrounds.

Huh, I had hoped I could fuck with deleting the character files in new game and seeing alternate timelines, but I guess deleting is only important with Void Monika

I wanted to leave only Yuri and have a nice waifu sim, but I guess that wouldn't happen if the club never existed.

I didn't back up monika, but she still stopped Sayori and deleted everything

Sayoris is an audio clip, and Yuri's is a bunch of random text.

I ended up decrypting the message and here it is.
**L{[[\\%^Y;A
nf.%[\ss of her ski 29ɽM!hthgk:fy_Y^jSHavW&y ^n=zPa5X ^u;Gǝz6(H sms.WmrP"ֺ9ɕM!;-zWWMCn, tkt screa5+i\\ӈ^v4c=_sasHr '^CYHZIHZH^r^^F6wCz6r]p 5ϵ**

Never fucking mind. I think the website thought it was some malicious code or something.

What was the deal with the "load this" and "delete her" bits at the end of Monika's poems? I only bothered with trying to figure it out on my second playthrough (after already hitting credits once) I tried loading the "load this" poem after Sayori died, but that did jack shit. I then tried to delete Yuri to try to get loli's story, but nothing changed. Anybody know if there is something I am missing with those poems?

Also, is it actually possible to get lolis full story? In the first half it seems like you just get classic happy SoL with her until the end and in the second half it seems like you can only talk to her and get a hint at her problems before the first poem. Then Yuri ruins everything.

I think it's just a fourth wall break

her father beats her and doesn't feed her or give her lunch money. That's what Yuri says the coins under the vending machine comment. You find this out if you try to go the loli route after the hanging. Monika says she's got a loli body because of her malnutrition. Just stick with pandering to Natsuki then eventually Monika stops you and you're forced down the Yuri route.

Post an image.

Come on now, I wanted to see something different in the end.

Wait, so the order makes no difference? That's boring as fuck.

For Yuri and Natsuki at least, no. Though I'm pretty sure things are very different in Sayori's, which I'm doing next

Yeah. In the first half, it makes no difference who you go for. You get the club scenes depending on the poem, then you get to choose who to help for the festival. Then you get to say Sayo-nara. For the second half, you get a couple extra scenes if you choose loli for your poem but then you get forced onto Yuri. The other guy is wrong, there is no special Sayori route. She always goes to gensokyo.h

Who's the cute girl on a leash?

What, really? She dies no matter what? That's dumb. Anything special if you choose Monika wherever possible, at least?

You are never able to choose Monika. She mentions this at some point in the normal ending. Something along the lines of the game making it impossible to spend time with you no matter what she tries. There is a "true" ending if you get all the CG in a single playthrough using save and load. Not sure what it consists of because I am in the middle of trying to get it.

So how do I like, fuck the girls?

This fucking bitch.

Anyone know how to decipher pic 1?

>pastebin.com/MZt9deig

Is this sequel bait?

Yes.

>The music stops
>Her eyes pop out of her head
That wasn't scary, or even a jumpscare. That was just funny.

Not sure about other play throughs, but I picked sayori first, then when on a Sayori free run while going for Yuri, she argues with Natsuki. Natsuki accuses her of being edgy and says things like Whoa, be careful or you might cut yourself on that edge.
This is my best guess as to what user means, but there could be more.

I can't believe she's done this.

I read that line 4 separate times while trying to get different results from different things. How did that never connect in my head?

I want to impregnate Monika

Yuri is too lewd

I just noticed something. Monika says she's practicing piano, and the main music is mostly lead by piano.
4spoopy7m3 :^)

Only read if you have seen the credits.

That song played during the credits is the song she was practicing. She wrote it and practiced so hard just for you, user.

I wonder who they got to voice Monika for the end credits.

me

You have a cute voice, user~

Fags not allowed.

>appreciating a girl's voice
wew

>Leave club room to look for Yuri since she's taking a while to make tea
>Music is now in the distance
Is the fucking music emanating from Monika? Does that mean she's watching whenever music is playing and that the only time she might not be around is when it's silent?
Is my computer shitting itself, or is the game fucking with things outside of it?

It's just a jest, user

To answer your question, I always posited that the reason why the music sounds distant when you're outside the classroom is because it's a meta joke. The classroom is the 'main set,' if you will.

THE FUCK DOES THIS GODDAMN POSE MEAN

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF CUNT STANDS WITH THEIR ARM LIKE THIS

To save time redrawing it when she cuts herself. I wish they drew her in a slightly different pose. Her entire stance is just kind of fucked.

I like how certain text doesn't show in the histroy, but it also bothers me when it flies by too fast.

It might work if you have boobs to rest your arm on.

I do

I would slam that cutter like a screen door in a hurricane. I'd love her even more if it wasn't for the fucking steve buscimi eyes fucking christ.

tits or gtfo

not female

Did I say that was a requirement?

That's definitely the spookiest shi
.png that's animated

you want to see manboobs?

Behold, nigga.

How do you decode "have a nice weekend!"?

Also, dear god does she never run out of inane life advice?

>fucking Monika tries to replace her
>Decide two can play at this game and send her character file to wherever it is deleted files go
>monika.chr is still sitting in the characters folder
I am going to win this game and get the real Sayori route, mark my words.

100% lewd, nothing scary here

>Winning

I made progress by deleting the firstrun file.
monika.chr is still sticking around though.
Fuck Monika.

Play through the whole vn user, you will get your chance.

Fuck you and your animated png jumpscares user.

Does she just go on forever repeating herself until you delete her?

yes

Then instead I'll drop copies of the charater files back in.

Did nothing. How disappointing.

restoring monica after you delete does something though

She kept auto-deleting herself, so I put a copy of her in the folder and denied permission to delete. Nothing appears to have happened other than she's no longer auto-deleting herself. Was preventing her from doing so not what I was supposed to do?

Well, time for ending 2.

wtf is this game. sayori just killed herself

You're in for a fucking ride.

Don't ask questions or read anything ITT. Just keep going.

HELP

Did you try reloading?

Enjoy your weekend

It was fun while it lasted lads.
Goodbye Litelature Club.

I question your dedication to this club

Just make a new thread.

Stop lying faggot

There wouldn't be much more to discuss.

NEW BREAD NEW BREAD NEW BREAD

wait until page 13 ya gits

Making a new bread is pointless just like said.
So calm your autism faggots and accept it has ended on a good note. Last thing I want to see is this turned into circle-jerk generals.

So…allow me to illuminate for you the version of the game we can never play and how it's important for the version we do play.

the meta-narrative is that monika is fucking with the game to get to you even though she's not attainable in the game's pre-written story. Think of what the game was supposed be as version 1 of the game and version 2 being the version where monika gains sentience and starts fucking with things. We're playing version 2.

You assume she's never an option since she doesn't have an avatar in the poetry writing sessions. For all we know she may be romancable but not through poetry in version 1 of the game that we never play. We'll never know. Seeing as how she's prominently featured on the cover art I think she may in fact be romancable in version 1 but doesn't know it. With her sentience she may not have known that her chance with her scripted dialogue simply hadn't arrived yet. Furthermore she would be taunted by version 1's dialogue options not giving her a chance to interact with you and may have had the impression she was locked out of any option to interact with you.

When monika does affect the game she has to work with the tools she's given. That would mean monika could only tell a story with the assets the game had by default. So unless the vanilla game has CGs of sayu hanging herself and yuri stabbing herself and decomposing slowly over the weekend it would suggest that Monika's meddling can actually generate new CGs unless we are to believe such lurid pictures were in the game's version 1 prior to monika's meddling. If those lurid pictures do exist in version 1 of the game I'd honestly be interested in seeing a non monika interference story where the monika character doesn't gain sentience. I'd be curious how exactly sayu determines to hang herself or why there'd be a CG of Yuri slowly decomposing in a classroom. This is assuming all the CGs and character art we see are somehow utilized later in some form or fashion of version 1. Again, in version 2 it's never shown to us just how long version 1 was supposed to be so all the assets that appear may have been used in version1 but we never got to play it because we only know of version 2's universe where monika gains sentience.

Then there's the issue of the player character who monika bypasses to talk to you. Given how she can manipulate the scripts of other characters I don't think it's terribly hard for her to manipulate the PC's lines as well. She knows that the PC isn't the one she's after but rather a vehicle for you to interact with her in the game. To this end the PC's dialogue choices may be framed somewhat by monika's influence. See the one line about "monika's smile" in redux after sayu's death.

That's all I've got.

I personally think Monika is not an option because we're "out of her leauge". MC even says that so himself somewhere in the beggining, so why would he try if he knows he can't get it?

I don't know. it's all based on assumption. I don't know what version 1 of the game would entail and I doubt the dev even bothered to consider it as we're only seeing what the dev created being version 2.

The question then becomes, if she knew she was an option later on in the game would she let the PC choose her or would she take action to ensure only she gets chosen? I think version 2 answers this question for us by her actions that result in her entire universe ending

The other possibility is monika cannot see what lies further in the game and can only see whats happening around her at any given time. Perhaps she has some slight precognition of a few lines of dialogue ahead of time but she doesn't know how the game will end and what options will be available throughout the game to affect that ending.

interesting note as well regarding the image you posted. Her little avatar that appears in the credits- you never see it in version 2 of the game but if we're going along with the dev's story that everything in version 2 came from version 1 you could then assume that her avatar in the credits also correlates to possible poems you could entice her with that never appear in version 2 which were part of version 1.

You can actually see her chibi during one of act 2 poem writings, it is hidden but once you choose a fitting word for her you can see her bounce in happiness where normally Sayori's chibi would be.

I want the other 4 chibis too. Any anons ripped the files apart already into simple files so a pleb like me can scavange cg and other assets?

I wasn't sure if it was sayu's I saw or not so I didn't bother to comment but all the more reason for me to think that perhaps monika did have her own path in version 1. While that's a cool thought I still prefer natsuki.

cake loli now and forever.

Playing this game got me thinking that I am surprised more VNs don't have the actual player be the love interest for the girls.

Monika can also remove other content, like choice prompts
Also, those CGs are obviously bad ends from each girl's v1 route

this
rest in peace

Do you have to reach the credits in order to get the "special ending" after getting every CG before Sayori's suicide?

Where is exactly is the cutoff point for resarting? Is it before you find out about the suicide, or before the day of the suicide?

The fan pack is right here. It contains 7/10 of the CGs, some concept art, and the OST. You'll have to find the sprites some other way.

Last

nope

Yes