Deus Ex thread

First time playing, I'm in Hong Kong currently in the VersaLife labs, should I get the rebreather or toxin resistance augmentation.

First deus ex is so easy. Just max out your stealth and its a piece of cake on realistic difficulty.

This is the true pinnacle of stealth-action gameplay

Many of the augmentations are so situational their ability doesn't justify an augmentation slot. In general though having to swim if you have very low swimming skill makes water a much more significant obstacle then toxin ever will be. Just keep a few suits on you, and get the rebreather aug.

There are environmental suits that you can just hoard, get rebreather.

Environmental Resistance is surprisingly useful later on in A51 and Vandenberg. That that one.

*Get that one
On the other hand, the Aqualung aug is really useful in the Ocean Labs

I love this game. I wish more games had easily missable things like that.

I like the fact that the reward was actually meaningful. It wasn't just a room filled with stuff you didn't need, it was a pretty cool thing. Same with Lucius' room.

I like the fact that the reward was actually meaningful. It wasn't just a room filled with stuff you didn't need, it was a pretty cool thing. Same with Lucius' room.

Both are useful in different parts of the game but neither one is mandatory since you can use items to bypass obstacles that you don't have the necessary augmentation for. Generally speaking though you will encounter far more water than radiation/poison gas so if you did not max out your swimming skill then aqualung is the way to go but if you did, environmental resistance is better.

Get GMDX

What a shame.

Any suggestions for mods? I'm looking for something close to the vanilla game but with as many bugfixes & improvements as possible. I'd really like to do some sort of stealth playthrough after my first rambo kill everything that moves playthrough but I found a lot of the sneaking to be a little too easy/buggy.

What part of GMDX you don't understand.

This is perfect. thanks user

if you open tertiary menu with an aug active, you'll stack it's effect giving you super jumps

No. That defeats the point.
Play it yourself and find out which.

Like another user said GMDX is probably your bet bet. I don't really like like it, but they recently made a new release with a lot of improvements so my experience is pretty outdated. I just prefer vanilla craziness.

So how do I get Denton and co. running on win10 right an proper ?
The frame-rate drops like a bitch once I enter any body of water

Install Windows 7.

Step 1: uninstall windows 10

I feel like such an amateur now.

Ah, a man of culture. Worth its weight in gold.

Is that the mod i need to make it run on modern pc? It runs well for 15 mins then gets all choppy on mine.

Fucking saved.

no, that's deusEXE with the dx10/11 renderer. GMDX is a gay graphics mod that introduces unfinished mods that makes the game look extremely inconsistent.

>Reach underwater base
>lose all drive to continue forward

Underwater base sucks. Sadly, I feel the game does not pick up after. GMDX made the spider bots worse too, if I remember right.

What a shame
I really enjoyed the first part of the game and absolutely loved the story/setting

This. Windows XP & 7 are easy as fuck to pirate.

it runs best in wine.
install gentoo

Its my opinion. Push yourself to continue, you have to finish it.

That can happen. The underwater base is definitely the low point of the game. It doesn't help that hong kong is probably the best part.

I will, but only for the closure and curiosity about JC future

That's Revision

funny that's exactly where i quit my last playthrough.

This but unironically.

If you are gonna play deus ex (and you are because its a rule that every time you see a deus ex thread someone re-installs the game), then you must also play this total conversion mod called The Nameless Mod, which by the way is also a better game than the majority of released AAA games

postan

The term is disappeared. The powerful enforcer disappeared.

ok desu, go complain to the mod makers about it

I torrented MD once. You can break any door by throwing milk cartons at it for a couple of minutes.