Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/268910/guides/
reddit.com/r/Cuphead/comments/74rmm7/mod_cuphead_smoothparry/
reddit.com/r/Cuphead/comments/74xcts/mod_charmsuper_unequip_mod/
reddit.com/r/Cuphead/comments/7513y0/mod_simple_boss_hp_bars_mod/
hooktube.com/watch?v=p6D1cnHCadc
youtube.com/watch?v=RmGb-jU3uVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The robot can suck a goddamn dick. The other flying sections I had very little trouble with until I hit this fuckhead

I have 11/19 S-ranks. Wouldn't say I'm stuck so much as taking a break.

Page 13, nigger. You're only giving salty goons arguments by ignoring the rules.

it's just a basic bullet spiral user c'mon
That dude took me like an hour to s rank

Reminder, dont sex cupehead and mugman or devolve the thread into waifu shit.
And
GIT GUD

People who get unreasonably upset by seeing Cuphead discussed are universally faggots, I don't think you need to "give" them arguments against it.

We got the okay to remake the /agdg/ thread a page early yesterday (because it was friday)

Just sayin'

who to the fuck is eeriefag?

Might as well number them like the faggots you are.

Cuphead is fun.

oh no
oh noooooo

LITERALLY A 15 MINS GAME WITHOUT THE ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY

what a surprise

>>>/cow/277920

Why does your mother have a Steam account?

She got it in my mid-teens explicitly for ease of gifting me shit on the service and later started hoarding typan games like Typing of the Dead.

post pics of your mom

and you say you love her, shameful, user

Welp, you make her a proper Mother's Day card, son

Fuck Mark and his faggot apologists

YOU'RE SHIT

SEND HELP

Reminder this is the real reason for why goons hate this game

Oh, don't remind me
It's weird how limited your options are in shmup mode considering how many of the bosses are shmup segments. You have such a narrow band of fire, it seems like you should be able to pick up permanent weapon upgrades as the fight goes on, or at least have more weapon options at your disposal.

Once she gets good, fuck her while she’s playing it to give her an extra concentration challenge.

I guess I'm Stuck In the second island. Can't kill the candy queen castle, or what ever. Even with the spreadshot the second part is too random for me.
She shows damned vigor in the last part, charging with the castle. Can't handle the homing faces. The pattern is too random.
I know it's player position based. 100%, no tricks, but it still tricks me.

parry the rolling candies for air mobility

Tried the gravity run 'n gun level on the second island. Annoyed because you jump to parry the card to flip gravity, but the game lands you first. This means I keep taking hits. Very counter intuitive. Skipped it and went for the dragon. Died a few times but was too salty at the previous level so stopped.

Awesome game though.

It's too hectic, I just run/dodge around, while getting zero hits on the boss. I could play the evasion game for ever, but it just keeps adding more shit. Just can't get a good solid hit in at any point.
Good point though, there are a lot of parry pinks in the second phase. Maybe use more supers? Gonna try it again now.

Just killed the final boss and I have 98%. Are those the missing overworld coins?

Also, I played the entire thing solo and then again with my brother in co-op. The game is A LOT harder in co-op, especially shit that you have to parry, since the parry has a freeze-frame, so it throws the other player's timing off. Things like jumping across dice's cards is pretty much impossible for two people at the same time.

There's a missing coin in each area, plus a few "quests" by talking to people (eg, Barbershop Quartet). If you bought out Porkrind, you have them all.

My fetish

Huh now that makes sense as far as references go. Now we just need someone to figure why the ducking robot blows a bubble when it boots up.

Mobileposter detected

Two player mode also lowers your damage output, so bosses can be much harder to kill if you have a shitty P2.

>Why are there numerous threads for a new, well received, hated by (((gayme journalists))), popular game?
t. retarded sagefag

Bump for sagefag tears and advice for any of the first three bosses in World 2.

True. But how else can I post from the toilet? Bringing the laptop in here just begs for disaster.

Clown is actually pretty fun.

Its standard user. You know what to do and avoid doing. Hope for some good luck with Von Bon Bon and the clown though. The muffin coming out last for Bon Bon is a death sentence for me.

So the only 3 fights I have left to S-rank are the phantom train, the dice king, and the devil. Now, the good thing is that none of them are plane SHMUP fights which I'm shit at, but still…how much of a pain in the ass am I in for?

Mixing cutesy and sexy, without overdoing it to either side, makes my dick the most solid material in the universe.

Love the logic.

Do you need OpenGl3 to run this game? Because I can't seem to run it on my toaster. It just crashes when it tries to load the tutorial.

You can also just kill the spawns. Didn't think to do this until I played on expert, but you really want to kill them then because of how many projectiles they spam.

I always just saved my super until he shot out the penguins, that way I could wipe out all of them and do major damage to the boss.

You don't need to shoot the ducks, you can avoid them by dashing
*do you have the smoke bomb, right?*

There really needs to be laws against being this stupid.

I really liked the pirate fight and how it stacks mechanics up as the fight goes on. Feels good dodging everything while getting all the parries.

That was the first thing I bought. I can't imagine playing without it.

It's a sublime feeling. They will always be distraught, and will project their own inner turmoil and unhappiness out. It's too obvious to see.

Yeah, same, I didn't even read anything before starting the game, it just seemed the right choice
Also use the charge shot, the first stage will be a breeze then

You can ignore them entirely if you do a little hop every few seconds. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to when you dash. Not to mention removing the lightbulb fires as soon as possible

I just shot at him a bunch, because it takes a good few seconds to shoot them, plus you have to dodge their projectiles anyways. Not to mention, the roller coaster removes them anyways

Lucky faggot. I wish I had a Mom that was interested in vidya.

It's a shame yours is only interested in my dick.

I ended up doing what did, it was time-efficient enough. I think the difficulty was that I wasn't using smoke bomb, I found using the auto-parry made it easier to get past the pink dog balloons.

This game reminded me that aging is a fucking pain in the arse for playing games.
I'm just an old fart with old fart reflexes

Do some martial arts and taking good care of your body, while also going back to vidya.

Your problem is that you actually don't care about beating it, I have it too.

And a melted guy inside the cup having his liquified body fucked at the same time.

Jesus fuck

Game is completely rad. Only frustration I had so far was in flower fight, the flying plant jaws swoop in at odd angles you can't shoot in. Ended up just dodging around them.

No, they hate challenging games because they link merit with success. This is anathema to left mantra of equality.

truth, they are deeply unwell people.

Y'all can come to /underground/ if mark decides to suck ALL of the dicks and add another game to the "I don't want to moderate" list.

My mom mostly plays point & click games on PC and shooting games and guitar hero stuff on Wii + PS2 sometimes.

bluto is best fight
sally stageplay does the same on expert for phase 2

Kind of on topic, but Cuphead has kindled my love for this genre and I'm playing Metal Slug next. Anyone know the series well enough to tell me which versions are worth playing? I was thinking of emulating anthology

who the fuck are these girls? can find nothing on them other than this gif which OP is a nigger faggot for not posting instead of that shit low-res still image

Why is this still funny to people?

Hahahahahaha
You're on Holla Forums good luck with that one.
Good fucking lord.
You guys weren't supposed to become /a/.
What's the appeal of only talking about muh dik and muh dik accessories? Do you actually hate vidya? anime niggers have ruined all anime discussion with this shit, why do you want to do it to vidya? it's time to stop.

Just do this(I think there's a PC port), skipping 2 because X is an improved version of it, then play the GBA one then the DS one, then you're done.

They're in the background of the frog boss fight.

They're working as showgirls in order to find their father's killer, who is know to attend this night club frequently.
They have the ability to charm NPCs with their dancing and smiles to get extra muscle for their fights, or lure wanted men into a trap.

You can only play the first chapter of their story right now, but more will be available later.

If you're going to emulate it just emulate the arcade versions.

There are several, but don't get the Steam one.

Dragon. I can easily deal with the two first phases, but when it turns into an hydra, my toaster can't handle the effects and it stops randomly until I die.

They were being contrarian faggots and did a very low-effort video because:
A. Game was "hyped" (despite most people weren't reading the articles or watching conferences/expos thus only heard of it now)
B. They were badgered by tons of people demanding they play it.
C. They're bad at the game. Most clips were of them barely surviving with low HP.
D. They didn't understand parry.

I didn't fully grasp parry either until the boss fight with the pirate that forces you to parry very small projectiles. It must be triggered before colliding with anything to trigger the parrying animation beforehand. You can't just hit it the moment you're touching the object you want a parry unless it''s those ghosts which are big enough that triggering your parry on them rather than just before touching them works. I think those parry levels with the ghosts are probably poor training because the ghosts do not damage you so you're not getting an idea of how to parry an object that can harm you.

Jack only aced the Genie fight because it's easy. Even I aced the Genie fight and I'm not even very gud at the game.

Cuphead threads are normalfag haven

And sooner or later they will burn in the flames of autism and lewd ,it was inevitable.
hope it doesnt go fnaf levels of bad

Think it's about time for you to fuck off back to plebbit.

If this is the best ammunition you have, that's pretty sad

All right, all bosses have been S ranked and all platforming stages have been P ranked. I guess now I'm completely done with this game.

Or…I guess not? That only brings me to 197% completion. That doesn't seem right. What am I missing?

I'm stuck S ranking (((Hilda Berg)))

Ah, figured it out. The overworld has hidden coins. Now I have all of those, bought all the items, and am at 200%. NOW I'm well and truly done with the game.

Same, these bosses can get tiring.
I still havn't A+'d the run n guns, because I'm not gud

You have to realize most of Holla Forums is most likely neets who jerk off at least once a day. I don't particularly like the muh dik faggots, either, but they are here to stay.

You could always try the Whetstone which allows you to parry anything. I've been using it for the majority of my playthrough. I don't really like the smoke bomb dash move. Mostly because it can be hectic when sometimes you don't know where your dash will end you up.

I've been on Holla Forums since 2007 and jerk off about 8-12 times a week

The fucking tutorial level shows you how to parry. You have plenty of time to play around with it. Willingly jumping into a danger area and parrying is something that you develop comfort for as you get used to the physics

The tutorial shows you how to parry, but does it only with static objects, not with damaging projectiles, if I remember right. As such, I was under the impression the timing for it was almost instant, whereas the fact of the matter is you have to start the parry up to a half second before impact. That's the singular issue I had with the tutorial: it shows you how to parry, but because the object you parry isn't an actual object (just a background object), you don't necessarily get a sense of the required timing.

Yeah, i got it off an image search, but that wasn't my point.

Even if this was intended, they surely made a huge effort to hide it.

That's subtle as fuck

Yeah, i haven't gotten very far, but you can't return to that area after entering the amusement park, you just pass through.
Sometimes it's not done on purpose. I'm not really claiming the sky is falling, or anything it's just good to investigates these connections. That Genie battle has a lot of saturn and scimitar symbolism as well as the more obvious ones.

Well, can't really make a game about "dealing with the devil" without satanic cults, can you?

That's true.

The game sadly has no replay value so you've gotten everything out of the game you're ever gonna get.
Cuphead isn't a game to come back to once finished.

btw if you're interested here are Magicians who actually made deals wit the demons in exchange for spiritual powers.

I just hope not a single faggot here tries to keep up the narrative about how abnormally hard the game is. Games are supposed to be challenging. Just call it a normal game compared to all those easy games in the market. Once you start saying it's the "dark souls of cups xD" you're only giving support to the narrative about challenge being a mere gimmick and not the norm.

Who cares if a single player game has a cancerous community? The only time I give a fuck about cancer enjoying the same games as me is when they fill the servers with their bullshit.

Where did the difficulty meme even come from? I recall the dev mentioned it was hard once on an interview and that's it, but it was never a selling point.
This game is easy to beat but tough to master, no more.

People like this are actively working for the death of joy itself!

It came from Dean.

Actually old as fuck, so old I don't understand imageboards anymore as they have changed around me while I remained the same.

From the incompetent journalist playing the game and failing miserably. Rather than blaming the journalist for his lack of skill some people jumped in the "lol this game is so hard, dark soul of cups" bandwagon. The game looks charming and all and I have nothing really against it even though such side-scrollers aren't my thing but all this ridiculous hype and dark souls references just annoys me to no end.

so pretty much like every game then?

I still come back to DMC4 despite having beaten it on all difficulties.

and the same thing could be done for cuphead

Cancerous communities can break a game. It's the same reason you don't play propaganda games.

Only shills and goons say this. As it's a variant of the classic gay pickup line, "why don't you try something different? It won't change you, you're free to make a decision afterwards". Until they pozz you and you're literally fucked for life.

If a game plays good, but what it says is socjus trash, you need to be able to burn it on the pyre and never look back.

Hardly, because you have less than a fraction of Dante's different moves.

but you have still completed the game with nothing else extra to do, the only difference is that you personally like DMC4 more

I fucking love Syrian Warfare.

I agree games can be and some are ruined by shitty writing but if the gameplay is good enough I'll put up with a lot. This is why I still like STALKER despite all it's issues and fucking loved Road to Hell despite it's bugs.

Are you seriously pretending you're a leet kid who doesn't afraid of anything, or don't you know that the game is designed precisely to be artificially hard?

All games were like that just a few decades ago. It's only a rather new development to make games "inclusive" press-x-to-win sims. I haven't even tried cuphead but to me it seems like a step back to normal.

So yeah, I'm pretending to be a leet kid and I hope everyone was pretending to be a leet kid instead of a filthy casual. Have some self respect.

>hurr durr it's just conceptually the same and nothing special
Of all slapdash criticisms, this one baffles me the most. Saying Cuphead is 'just' a Contra or Mega Man clone isn't even correct (Alien Soldier would be a better fit), it also betrays a lack of expertise in the genre and an inability to tell things apart from a surface level as it completely disregards the element of the execution of the aforementioned concept, unless you make a specific case for why the execution borders on being a straight-up clone, yet I have never read someone on the internet trying to make that case yet. Everything will look the same if you don't know how to tell it apart, and I'm not convinced in the slightest that these bozos know what make run 'n gun games tick beyond a few Konami Code/creditfeed runs.

Sure, on paper it looks the same gameplay-wise as all those other non-descript 2D Mario-ripoff games, but it'd be incredibly shallow to rate a game on its concept alone. It's not like the opposite isn't the case either, just ask around how many people's favourite shmup is Ikaruga because of it's revolutionary polarity mechanic and how many have actually even legit tried to 1cc it. Is a fancy innovative-seeming idea for a game all it takes to be considered good? It's not like parrying to build up a super meter and kill bosses faster is something new, that's pretty much how you can Phoenix Force bosses into oblivion in Alien Soldier. And within the context of Cuphead, it meshes well with the rest of the game. Put yourself at risk by parrying attacks and kill bosses faster with the supers you just built up. It just works.

I think that trying to say that there are others like it out there is a retarded criticism for a game, as if to imply the quality of a game directly correlates with the mere presence of its peers, which is even dumber when most of those peers in question were released 20 years ago. The modern vidya catalogue isn't nearly as saturated with run and shooties as they make it out to be, especially not with the more minimalistic type of games which don't go full retard with upgrades and procedurally generated roguelike crap, but apparently Cuphead does not have enough of a WOW! factor gameplay-wise to make it stand out more to people that makes them try to express their thoughts into something as devoid of meaning as 'nothing special'. I don't think Cuphead is something special either, but I'm not looking for something special in my games either.

Is it really that hard to understand? Their criticism clearly wasn't about the game itself but the hype it received. The hype, not the game. They were baffled over why it got so much attention and hype because to them it just looked like your typical run n gun shooter with nice disney ripoff graphics.

Then, after stating their opinion on the hype, they told their subjective opinion about the game. The bald man liked it if I remember right, the fat man wanted more normal levels and less boss battles (in other words, more like megaman in that sense). Both loved the style, so they thought it was alright if you like the genre.

Are you seriously mad that they didn't be like every other hypekid who praise fads out of social pressure and instead they gave their honest opinion in a rather fair and balanced way? No wonder all those youtube talking heads that just echo the expected opinions are so popular.

The roundabout shot trivializes everything but his final form.

Mario 64 has no artificial difficulty and it can be beaten in half that time, faggot.

so where were you when the literal chad devs BTFO every other garbage indie shovelware game on the market along with an entire army of game journalists

also I'm stuck on that motherfucking nigger of a final boss, if he opens with the foot clap on expert it's an instant reset

Apparently ducking helps you avoid it, if that helps.

Does this help?

Beaten the game on regular.

I also found jumping and dashing at the right moment kept me from taking damage as well.

Sure, I agree. I've beaten the game and enjoyed it but there's harder games out there, including classics like Mega Man X or Super Ghost n' Goblins, just to name some that inspired Cuphead.
Cuphead has infinite continues and in co-op you can keep reviving your buddy, it's very casual-friendly.

Cuphead is nice little experiment with lots of classic console genres from the 80s and 90s, it's primarily an action shooter, I agree that it resembles Alien Soldier due to the focus on shooting, dashing/dodging/jumping and boss battles. Reminds me of many Treasure games, Mischief Makers and Astro Boy Omega Factor did the same thing with blending many different genres together like Cuphead. It also has platforming (I loved the chasing part with the giant, probably the best platforming section in the game), shmup, although only bosses, would have liked at least one shmup stage. But yeah, as a platformer and as a shmup it's very basic, obviously the meat of the game is the shooting on-foot action, which is the majority of the bosses and levels, but it's still nice that there's these breaks with different gameplay styles.
I think the important thing here isn't that Cuphead isn't original in its gameplay, it has some new ideas like parrying and building a meter, at least new in the genre, but as a whole it's all old ideas we're seeing revamped, just like the animation. But the best thing about Cuphead's gameplay is that it works, it's good. It's not flashy and edgy like Alien Soldier, but it isn't supposed to be either, I think everything is pretty well handled, from hitboxes to player control, cpu patterns, sound cues, everything works and that's great, because I was worried this game would be good visually but shitty in gameplay, surprisingly wasn't the case.

Lads what is "artificial difficulty"? Sounds like a forced buzzword to me, why are there so many faggots spamming it?

How new are you?

It's just more goons trying to derail

A meme complain that is usually only correct for Arcade Games and many games from the late 80s. Just attempt to beat an Arcade game on normal setting and you know what that is.

I'm stuck on the dragon now. The projectiles on the last phase either explode randomly or when you're too close.

Use the default shot and try to stand on the platform as much as you can. The longer you take beating the boss, the more homing bullshit you have to put up with. Spam supers if it helps

When you're fighting Djimmi you can easily beat the sarcophagus part with the bomb alt fire. The last phase where he's giant is annoying because he puts his hands all over the screen as it starts. You can avoid that until the phase actually begins by staying in the top left.

I always thought it was when a game was difficult but not actually challenging. Like a glitchy boss fight where you can lose because the game fucks up. I've yet to see that in Cuphead

They just explode when you shoot them, but they have a way bigger hitbox than you'd expect

If you just rapid fire in a straight line with PEASHOOTER you're likely going to hit and detonate the projectiles thus create more bullshit to dodge. Therefore, I just stayed on the upper part of the screen and used LOBBER while jumping so I could toss in a high arc mostly avoiding enemy projectiles and hitting the dragon on the left side of the screen. Dunno if that'll work best for you, but it worked for me.

We live in a world where DSP, the King of Fail, have completed 100% of Cuphead by aroumd 180 deaths. Did you scored less deaths than him, anons? I didnt. 480 deaths. Im shamefull of myself.

post your expert setups faggots

The Root Pack

Goopy Le Grande

Cagney Carnation

Ribby and Croaks

Baroness

Beppi

Matchstick

Rumor Honeybottoms

Captain Brineybeard

Sally Stageplay

Werner Werman

Phantom Express

Dice Nigger

I'm well into Expert at around 140% and I'm only at 200 deaths, didn't check my deaths when I beat the game

Did Cuphead make you want to watch 30s cartoons?

I pretty much use spread-shot and charge-shot for everything, occasionally the homing shot for a couple bosses, like Rumor Honeybottoms.

Yeah, I don't know why there's a TIHYDP of it floating around since he didn't do spectacularly badly at it. As badly as the TIHYDP Metal Gear or DMC1, anyway.

I think currently I'm 160% and ~250 deaths.

The homing fire made his final phase a lot easier, and you're leaving out the most relevant information for each fight, the badge used

Get a load of this faggot

Every Boss
Special: 1

Is there any good use for the giant ghost super? I think it's supposed to do the most damage if you keep it on target, but it seems like I'm doing more damage with the energy beam. Both of them are a means to spam damage, so I guess it's a matter of area coverage. The energy beam has a wide enough horizontal range to nail anything you need to, but the giant ghost might be useful for hitting a boss above or below safety. The problem is it's a bit awkward to direct the ghost while you're trying to dodge all the projectiles on screen. I haven't found any situations where I couldn't find a position to hit a boss with the energy beam.

Am I the only one who likes to use coffee? I feel like smoke dash isn't always that useful, since if you have good positioning you won't need to dodge through attacks. Coffee gives you more opportunities to use your special/EX moves and can help you deal more damage faster. There are some fights that the smoke dash is better for though (like that roulette table in King D's fight), so I still use it occasionally.

If you use the ghost in conjunction with homing shots, you can probably get more damage with it than with the energy beam. You can attack the boss with both your super and your weapon at the same time. Plus you can get a super card after the attack is finished. However, it's really awkward to use on most fights imo, and I don't think the difference in overall damage is that high to make it much better than the beam.

Good find.

From my limited experience watching DSP's shit I get the impression that his problem isn't so much that he sucks as vidya but rather that he's just generally an idiot and falls apart whenever a game requires him to actually use his head. Cuphead's probably one of the more merciful games in that regard, alot of the time you just need to be good at dodging shit.

Objective tier list which is objectively right

Difficulty Tier from Easiest to Hardest:
Isle 1
Vegetables > Ruse of an Ooze > Frog Brothers > Cagney / Hildaberg

Isle 2
Sugarland Shimmy > Djinni > Beppi > Aviary Action / Fiery Frolic

Isle 3
Tom and Jerry > Bluto > Cala Maria > Sally Stageplay / Phantom Express > Bee (shes annoying, not hard) / Khal's Robot

Devil > Dice Man

Someone had suggested that the axe charm will help in Pacifist runs. Defeating an enemy with a parry using it WILL count as a kill.

The only time it is useful is to skip over certain enemies, such as the acorn machine in one hit

That was an enjoyable fight if nothing else

The tiers are from Easiest to hardest user.
read next time

Universal logic symbols like > and < take precedence over your rules

the boss is easier than the other
boss 1 > boss 2
I utilized the symbols properly. You just assumed it was "harder than" rather than "easier than"

RNG. too much RNG

It's not hard. It's annoying and RNG-ridden, which makes it harder than the other fights due to RNG, but in essence the mechanics per se are not hard, its just inflated due to RNG. Same with Matchstix.He's easy, just annoying to S rank.

Hence she's "harder" than other bosses. Bluto has RNG on the add he spawns, but they're all fair to tackle with. meanwhile Bee Boss's mechanics, which are RNG to choose one of the 3 say in phase 2, are still toppled with another of unhealthy RNG which is the platform empty spaces and platform placement. That's my issue with Bee boss.

The important thing is to use Lobber for Matchstix since it cheeses him on phase 2 and 3

Is this for both Expert and Normal difficulty? Because once you see the rhythm of Khal and his gem shots he isn't so bad on normal.

Each representing opposites, heaven and earth, that one day will be brought together
together form 46, number of human chromosomes
Fascinating.

Genesis 6
Interesting.

I want to put the curtain back in front of the Wizard and go back to knowing nothing

charge shot makes most of the bosses feel easy mode so i intentionally avoided it for my regular run. i'm almost certainly going to be using it while s-ranking shit.

Is it actually good?

The hype is large, but with publicity for everything is hard to know if it is for real

Do you like 30s cartoons and 2D shootan-action like Contra or Megaman?
If you like at least 1 of these, there's chances you will like it.

It's kind of like Hollow Knight

Thanks anons

Alright sound like it will do

Haven't played hollowknight either, but hey looks like now i have 2 things to try know

Cagney is way easier than Hildaberg.

It seems to have Holla Forums's approval, that should fucking tell you something.

how the fuck do you even get past the first part of the 2nd run and gun stage in the carnival level

im on the bee boss, when do i fight cute mermaid girl

Wow automatic parry is so good. I thought it'd be a lazy crutch (for being bad at timing), but it lets you instantly pop projectiles that are low to the ground for low risk, and generally avoids shooting you higher into the air against midair ones unless you want to, which is great when dealing with spammy bosses

which one is that?
for the balloons you can just bounce up onto the blockades and dash between them to get through it quickly.
for the cars you can duck under the ducks and also dash through the wall's mouth when it opens.

i dont see, i think you need some sleep, user.

thats the one
ive been backpeddling to kill the ducks because jumping over them makes me take a hit when using the cards
so i just skipped the stage and went to isle 3

I am not stuck right now but that fucking Dragon on Isle 2 gave me a lot of work

the only really difficult run and gun stage is the one with the damn octopus. took me at least an hour to pacifist.

Cala Maria is in the top right section of the overworld in Isle 3 (where you currently are). It's a wrecked boat, if I recall right.

can i fight her before bee lady or is shje blocked off?

Is it worth the $20.

There's a shortcut if you go under the junkyard crane, not sure if it leads to her though

i think you can fighter her after defeating bluto

in my opinion yes, but you're better off pirating first

good one user

I beat the dice man and devil today. Feels great bros.

Journalists think its hard. Holla Forumsagrants on the other hand think it's fun. Really the game gives the proper difficulty for anyone who plays it. I just finished beating it on regular, and I'm fine with that. Other autists want to beat it in expert, and more want to s-rank after that.

:3

are there other visual modes like that?
the fork seems to want you to A rank all the bosses, which i'll definitely be doing anyway.

it's just final fantasy 7

go for s rank retardo

Fuck, I didn't think crouch under the duck. I used charge shot to kill it instantly without stopping.

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR

REEE

You only need 15 A-Rank (A- counts!) to unlock it. You'll get them naturally if you're not a retard.

How the fuck did you manage to see that?

uh
UH
is there a way to get unstuck or am i just going to have to retry the level

you have to restart the game

i hope theres a fix for this soon, its happened three times to me now

Whoa, really? That's mind blowing to me. I never encountered a single bug my entire play through.

you can also soft lock in that stupid boss where you have to parry cards and match them, he can get stuck all the way to the far left

Half/v/ is going mad with it, there are like 4 threads at any given time. I'm trying not to compare the reaction to Katawa Shoujo or Undertale or FNAF, but there's been a media circus around it just prior to release, and you can get a cheap, annoying audience by giving the impression that whoever your enemies are in life, they're probably annoyed about Cuphead in some way. I'm having fun, but shit's gone haywire instantly, even for a Dark Souls of the Month.

You seriously didn't get hit by the devil during the snake phase when you were in the safe zone?

That's the most common bug and happens 10-15% of the time when he uses that attack.

I usually go into the corner and duck, but this has still hurt me sometimes

on the left hand side you have to jump, because nice hitboxes

what the fuck is this backstroking shrimp holy shit

Just avoid him. Once you go far enough he stops appearing. He'll likely only come at you 3 times if you do it with decent speed

Why does Bluto have a tumblr nose?

drunk sailor

I found dodging all those fags a lot easier than stopping to fight them each time

One of the effects alcoholism has on people is tumblr noses

Can you parry the devil's tears in his last form? I always jump into them, trying to dodge the chips

Parrying them is how you are supposed to dodge the chips

Red means you should parry.

I guess I got the collision the wrong, since I can never seem to do it

To avoid getting hit take the smoke bomb (iframe dash) and dash under the snake, then duck and stay like that until he leaves.
No bug, no fugg.

Sad times.
I guess you could glitch it if you feel like you deserved that S rank.
You'd still be a fuccboi for doing it though.

Are you a time traveller?

Charge shot spam Cagney for first phase to get rid of that add phase

It's good.
Hollow Knight and Cuphead have given me hope for indie games. They're top 5 best I've played this year.

oh, and since there were a couple complaints about the scratch filter the game uses, there's a mod out now that removes it completely. it does make things a bit cleaner-looking.

Just how long are your shits that you can do anything worthwhile on your phone?

I've found that just staying as far against the wall as possible and ducking seems to avoid it.
You seem to take damage if you aren't 100% against it. The only danger is the imps, but that's manageable. Sometimes I did try to smoke dash to avoid it.

As for his tears, I just carefully jumped between the tears and chips while shooting straight up. No problem, only took a few dozen tries.

I had no idea what was going on during that pink tear phase, but yeah basically just parrying the tears and shooting using spread did the job just fine.
Is there a way to avoid Medusa Maria's gaze beam that turns you into stone?
The second one is easier to avoid, but the first one with the eels takes almost all the screen, is the only way to avoid it to position yourself bottom-left near the eels?

Dunno I still have most of world 2 and 3 to do

Congratz my dude.

I guess I should start mixing up weapons for that S grade, huh?

There's a safe spot right above her head a little to the left, but the best thing to do is just to clear out the eels every time they pop up and make sure that when you're inevitably petrified you don't have any shots headed your way.

you should try dead cells

Oh would you look at that?

I've had this happen, but you just have to go to his side of the screen and he'll move again.

That shits annoying tbh

Pre-Rec's been shit for a while. Watch their Bayonetta review if you want a good reason as to why their just normalfags who don't understand shit.

Not him but I can usually read a whole volume of manga or get out a half decent wank before Im finished shitting.

When is there a mod to remove the Chromatic Aberration? That's the only thing I want

In the options menu.

I'll wait till its done. I don't support that shit.

No, you get out Pedowood kike

…I honestly can't tell if this is bait or actual, honest to god retardation. If it's bait, what kind of a bait is it?

are you implying that the trial of saddam hussein was faked?

Link to the mod? Google's got nothing but journalist shit, LP's on youtube and reddit.

This guy gets it.

Make an exception, this fucker's already like a full release with a sweet ass daily run mode like in nuclear throne.

So I was struggling beating one of the first world 2 bosses, so I peeked on Holla Forums for once to read any Cuphead threads. I was thinking of posting to ask for help, but I decided not to. IMMEDIATELY on my next try after reading this thread here I actually beat it. Thanks…?

Mel was part of my life. Those assholes had no right to hang him. I never approved it. I literally cried when I saw the clip

Do it again until you get A+. At this point you're only nominally better than a games "journalist."

it's posted on a steamguide, here
steamcommunity.com/app/268910/guides/

Eh, I only go for A+ on the non-boss levels. I like the normal levels more than boss levels for some reason. Plus I do this thing where I get all coins on the same run.

Have you tried the Treetop level in World 1? I tried so fucking hard to A+ it, but I got 1:07 no matter how fast I went. And then that's invalidated because all you have to do is not shoot anything and you can take as long and sloppily as you like because P rank is the highest

It's made in Unity, y'know.

So?

Use the smoke bomb dash, spam it.

I can't get pass that machine in the first forest level, even with the smoke bomb dash.

It still runs well. Only downside is that because of the engine there are some sections some of the objects move in a tweened fashion. Like you have traditional animated bosses shooting tween animated bullets.

I fully expect Holla Forums to be on the same side as the journalists that want games to be dumbed down and easier, but Cuphead is pretty inclined.

Yeah, that part's a little obtuse. Right before that you come across a group of 3 mushrooms. You need to bait them into shooting a pink shot at you, and then move forward to the machine, and then parry the projectile and use the extra height to dash over the machine.

Just use the axe item, which damages on a parry, even against non-pink things. You can basically hit the machine once and move on. Combined with Super 2 for invincibility, you can get past without damage

I agree. A Hat in Time is pretty shitty.

How do I beat the boss on treetop trouble? Does he just respawn after he disappears or do I need to trigger something?

I can't fucking do the dragon, how do you do the last phase without touching the fireballs, popping the fireballs, or getting hit by the fire jet? Literally any weapon other than the peashooter pops them automatically without aiming at them, and the peashooter is unusable because he's on the left side of the screen when you need to move right. Aiming away 90% of the time.

Just use Charge and time your shots carefully to avoid the fireballs. You can usually avoid the fire stream by getting on the highest cloud.

I beat it with the peashooter, I pointed my character to the right most of the time constantly shooting and only turned around when the balls weren't in my way. You avoid the flamethrower by jumping to the top clouds.

It took me an HOUR to S rank aviary action
fucking triple nigger baby phase
I had to save Burst to bypass his first egg armor as it appears, then weapon switch spam him in the face hoping he dies before he gets in tricky positions
finally got the strat going then you gotta make sure to be picture perfect for phase 4
every single fucking time the bird floats to the left its 10 times harder, so you gotta danmaku Zen moment dodge all that shit
Finally got him down, fucking triggers me because i did him the first time with no damage but my time was under 2minutes so it didnt give me S rank,
so i had to just weapon switch spam baby and phase 1 to phase 2 intermission
in general all intermissions had to weapon switch spam to max time
so far the hardest to S rank

Oh fucking christ man that was a shock, it was the easiest phase on normal difficulty, I was not expecting it to be the hardest phase on expert.

no fucking wonder it was harder than usual
I didn't have coffee equipped, i had gear from S ranking Fiery Frolic (pretty sugar for those parries)

I should try again with coffee, its probably 10 times easier.

same beat it with peashooter on the first time
stay on the far right side of the screen, also remember the fireballs spawn only the top and on the bottom of the screen, also two at time (2x time top, then it switch to 2x bottom).

also if you have bounce you can use it since its strng than pea shoter and can hit the boss anywhre since he is huge

treetop is glitched. Getting a golden time is impossible.

Charge shot, shoot diagonally down as you jump to dodge.

My issue with Fiery Frolic is getting those 3/3 parries so no coffee, pretty sugar is pretty much needed since you can't stall until3 parries or you get shit time
Lobber for Phase 2, Charge shot for Phase 1 and 3
The flame thrower is the easiest

DONT super phase 3 unless it Kills him because you will pop fireballs and it will fuck you up

1)Charge shot is broken right now, it's almost never a bad idea
2)Use the Rebound shot and just spam it nonstop while you focus on platforming

How do I get past this fucker? Cars over top of me, nowhere to manuever.

You can duck under the duck So I hear or kill it in one hit with a charge shot to the head.

I used the smoke bomb to dash through his head, then jump over his ducklings, but you can also shoot it in the head.

Spread always worked for me.

Fucking nice. There is a LOT OF Jewish influence in older cartoons, cartoons in general really, and there are references to a huge variety of things in cuphead. I'm surprised they'd go this far though. Good job mate. Hawk eye'd motherfucker you are.

Just keep shooting at the head. He goes down in like 3-4 normal shots to the head. Just make sure you have enough space between you and the duck while you jump and shoot.

Thanks, I beat duck head and the level.

Impressive. That's probably the ONLY level in the game people consistently have difficulty with.

went and made this template for potential memes.
haven't played cuphead yet but the art style and perceived difficulty has me intrigued

Like I said, I struggle more with bosses than the platforming levels. I like the levels better.

It's not actually terribly difficult to beat it normally, but it gives a fun challenge. And if you want it to be HARD there's an expert mode you unlock.

Yeah, from what I've seen from it, it looks like a bloody fun way to spend an afternoon. Plus it has co-op which is cool for what it's worth.

REEE I WANT MY S RANK YOU FUCKING BLIMP

I don't really understand the "difficult" meme. Cuphead doesn't seem to me any more difficult than one of those free side-scrollers you'd play on Miniclip back in the day. In fact, it feels like it should be on Miniclip rather than a game that you pay for.

Maybe I'm just not retarded enough to think that jumping to dodge obstacles and shooting shit is hard.

Can you kill the fucking clam at the ending of Perilous Piers? I literally cannot beat the level not matter what I try because of that fucking thing and that thing alone.

Are you sure your good time is "good"? It will change color if it's good.

and the first Binding of Issac was made in Flash and it was still fun as fuck, nigger

dodge by parrying the stone or a shrimp

Just use spread shot facing upward to clear out most of the falling shrimp and parry on the crystal thing on the octopus when clam shoots the pearl by your feet.

It usually refers to something that's outside the player's capabilities to overcome, or something that's made harder by changing damage values. In this case, it's being used by people as a buzzword to shit talk a game they don't like.

Kinda wished Hollow knight would've get all the love cuphead is getting

Because it isn't? It's received just as much if not more attention.

I finally beat it, but not before finally hating myself and contemplate blowing my brains out for being fucking awful.

Try using the rebounder, if you're having that hard of a time on the second phase.
I never did, but I'm guessing it'll help, since you can just focus on dodging and most shots will naturally hit their mark if you keep facing left.

Just keep at it, you'll gitgud eventually
hopefully

Perilous Pier is literally the only thing I've had anywhere near that much trouble on

Yes. I've been watching a lot Betty Boop (including Koko the Clown and Bimbo), the Silly Symphonies, and a bit of Popeye.

Go away Hollow Knight dev.

beat her in less than 2:10

because a hack didnt played it, showed to everybody how incompeten he is and blamed the game for it

If I'm not mistaken, most bosses are in the

If not less, I think Bluto is around 1:15

That drawing stripped away THE core thing that makes cuphead good, and that is the 30's style. Why would you make a shallow interpretation of a better, more original, authentic work?

Shota is hot, faggot.

less than 2:00 you get the gold time,
2:01~2:09 you dont get the gold time but you still get the the perfect score
2:10+ your grade falls a rank (and i think it may falls further if you take even more time)

Is the gameplay, faggot

It's the gameplay, you gargantuan mongoloid

I do need a better sleep scheduled, but it's there.

After you learn the symbolism, you start to see in all media, and you start to expect it, instead of only see it as just random symbols. The rest of the illuminati symbolism was really blatant to, like the genie boss.

Yes, They're are all encompassing, it's the symbolism is everywhere it's incredible.

Finally bet the game, and it took me way too long. King Dice pushed my shit in for too long. I made the mistake of trying to use the charge shot on him, but you don't get any chances to even hit him with it really. It's better to just have the spread shot always firing and you'll do damage to him nonstop.

The Devil is kind of a push over. You take most of your damage on the first stage, and then I kept dying on the final stage because I couldn't find out the parry timing without instantly dying. Eventully I got to the last stage with two heath and just tanked the poker chip and killed him. Fun as hell game, I might dick around in expert some just to try it out, but I'd say I'm done playing it.

For phantom express, the parry sugar is the single best badge you can have.

If you dash through fast enough there''ll be a small gap between the cars and the duck, so just switch gravity when you can.

every single fucking time i make it to phase 4 a fucking star wiggles up and down and hits me ruining the entire run

anybody tried using these mods?
do they work properly?
>reddit.com/r/Cuphead/comments/74rmm7/mod_cuphead_smoothparry/

>reddit.com/r/Cuphead/comments/74xcts/mod_charmsuper_unequip_mod/

>reddit.com/r/Cuphead/comments/7513y0/mod_simple_boss_hp_bars_mod/

Apologies for using leddit links but that was the only place where I could find em

also has anyone found a way to disable that godawful vibration when playing using controllers?

I've only been using a controller and didn't feel any vibration at all.
xbox one controller

well I'm using a fucking xbox360 controller and it vibrates whenever I take damage
Also, it sometimes goes haywire and starts vibrating continuously and uncontrollably which doesn't go away unless I inflict damage on myself again

I wouldn't use them if this shitty game gave us an option of unequiping them
I accidentally equipped one by mistake when was checking out the menu and now I can't unequip it
just change the equipped charm with another one in my inventory

vid related
hooktube.com/watch?v=p6D1cnHCadc
This besides the fact I'm playing the PC version and not on the xbone

Maybe try using a third party program for controller support and turn vibration functions off.

you should go back

not a redditor
these are the top links on jewgle if your seaqrch for "cuphead mods"

Someone tell me how to work this weapon switch trick on the airplane stages before I blow a fucking gasket here

OH SHIT, ITS GETTING A PHYSICAL RELEASE

I'm in the same boat as you user. What fucks me up the most is getting the parries, I hate how slow the ships are to move in and fire and if you accidentally blow them up you lose the pink bullet they were carrying. Trying to go out of your way to hit Pink stars when she's in her last phase is a death wish so it's at the point where if I don't have 3 parries by the time she starts wigging out I just restart the match.

If you switch weapons repeatedly, it increases the fire rate of the bombs. It's not a hard trick at all.

Give them armbands next time

Contributing
Also Jesus, was looking for pictures and half of them have obese women in them

I mean, compared to the average indie game, yeah. But the art looks like it was drawn in flash, and all the environments are so shrouded in darkness you hardly see anything anyways. The game itself was okay, I don't disagree.

Is that first one the yandere dev?

Kill me, Pete.

Robot is the last guy I have to deal with on Inkwell Isle 3. I have worked out some tactics for the first few stages. Each of the three weapon components can be destroyed individually, however once they are destroyed an upgraded attack takes place of each. So I try to damage them all equally at first then when one blows I quickly destroy the other two so they all go down about the same time. In this way I don't have to deal with the upgraded weaponry for as long, but the three weapons are upgraded all at once thus the difficulty spike is much worse. Then I hit the heart with as many supers as I can. It's a pain to deal with the magnet (or blue projectiles, whichever spawns), the seeking missiles,the screws/bolts projectiles, all at once while attacking a specific point.

Now comes stage two. This is much easier but time consuming as the primary target only presents itself for a short duration. There's far more room to deal with seeking missiles, eliminating them a bit so they don't add up and corner me helps, but is even more time-consuming because you're targeting shit that doesn't matter while the real target doesn't appear long enough to significantly damage (especially if your damage output is penalized for using heart charms) I handle this stage at a slower pace as a pseudo-break from trying to frantically target the heart in stage one with those three upgraded weapons attacking me.

Then the third stage. I've yet to pass this stage. The projectile hell is doable. (projectiles aren't even as large as the feathers the sperg bird boss would rain across the screen) What isn't doable is the electric walls forcing you into a small gap which is often blocked by a projectile. If I attempt to pass the electrical walls as soon as possible, I can avoid being pushed against the left side of the screen and forced through that small gap under or above the wall when it is blocked by a projectile, However, I'm still not gud enough at stage three to pass it.

My improvements on this fight are so minimal that I wind up quitting after a while. When I struggled with fights before I could improve enough that persistence would eventually have me git gud enough to win. But this fight, this fight is a miserable slog and I don't feel the improvement enough to persist.

Save your super for the second stage, I would suggest. While the second stage isn't actually that dangerous, the amount of time you have to spend on it can mess you up bad. If you use your super, it dies basically instantly. After that you just have to learn to deal with the final stage.

Do what says that's how I usually deal with it, then for the final stage, don't be afraid to use your shrink ability.

DONT ABUSE THE GLITCHES YOU N00BS!

LA is a shitskin city, so it has extra obese people

kek, tried to give em armbands but they looked shit, gonna work on some stuff in the memetime

>not They like to gas the kikes to rhyme with dice

youtube.com/watch?v=RmGb-jU3uVQ

lewd

Who was the journalist who played this but couldn't get through the tutorial ?

I want something good to laugh at.

Terrible Takahashi

The health charms are training wheels. The fastest way to learn a boss is to first start on easy, with health charms. And when you learn the pattern, do it normally.

Obligatory

I finally beat that piece of shit dragon, it turned out all I had to do was equip the fucking lobber

The Strawzi Party rose to power in Inkwell thanks to a Cup d'Etat