Just front-lit my Neo Geo Pocket Color. Can we get a discussion going? anyone else here own one of these?

Just front-lit my Neo Geo Pocket Color. Can we get a discussion going? anyone else here own one of these?

I dont own one

Does it even have any games?

Is that you, Cotton autist?

It almost has more cancelled games than released titles, but yeah, there's like 10 worth playing on it.

Cotton Autist, I summon the

The microswitched stick is for sexual

Please tell me you've held a Neo Geo CD controller in your hands then. It's like the Pocket Color & the SEGA Saturn controller combined.

6 is better and 4 buttoncucks should eat a bag of dicks.

go and hotglue your teacups already faggot

It's a great system that was released at the wrong time and a depressing number of games for it were canceled. What else is there to talk about? Also, that front light looks like shit.

It uses the same screen as the Game Boy Color, so it cannot be backlit. That's as good as it can be made unfortunately.

Should've just used a worm light you fucking gay

I tried. The 18 year old AA batteries inside exploded when I tried to charge them.

there you go faggot

I'm happy you're happy user but there's nothing really to talk about here. It was an interesting handheld with a small library that's already been dissected dozens of times over. At least, post some pics of your collection?

If you're savvy enough to do a backlight mod I'm sure you can solder in some new AAs.

I just realised that would be pointless however.

Is it the exact same screen? Like, interchangeable with a GBC panel?

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

I had no idea this existed. How does it feel in your hands compared to an original CD controller? Worth the $64-$80 I'm seeing them go for on eBay? I need more info.

Where the fuck did you get a front light from? I need one of these. I just got my NGP SD.

That's not the PS2 one, that's the USB PS3 one that works on PC. But regardless; if you ever held a sega saturn control it's feels almost exactly the same. The stick is pretty close to the original neo geo cd but the clicks aren't as loud, the rest of the buttons are pretty on par with Hori fight pads.

Shit is great for fighting games, I use mine all the time to play KoF XIV.

I'm thinking about doing this to my wonderswan color. What kind of batteries and how many does the NGPC use? What was the impact on battery life?

These are the only ones I have boxes for. It's getting really hard to find boxed Neo Geo Pocket games, & some titles only got boxed releases in Europe (Last Blade for example). I've been looking for a boxed copy of Faselei for awhile now but everyone wants $200+ for it since it was a PAL only release.

I pulled it from a Broken Game Boy Advance SP (model 1). You have to then carve the lightbar to size with an exacto knife or it won't fit properly inside the shell.

I'll ask my local goyim stop if they have one in stock.

2AA batteries for the power (40 hours)
1 CR2032 for the Internal Clock/Bios

No idea what effect the lightbar has on battery life, but it can't be more than a few hours.

jesus christ how washed out

see the attached video. It uses the same screen as the Game Boy Color.

Thanks for the response. I was worried about battery life because the wonderswan uses a single AA battery. It seems from googling and what you said there isn't much of a hit though.

Pffffffhahahahahahahahahahaha good fucking luck, It's been 7 years since it was released and it had a very limited release.

I meant my local game store. Hopefully they're still in business. There aren't any on eBay, so I would have to settle for the PS2 version with an adapter, or get one off yahoo japan or something.

Are you saying Hori sucks or the controller sucks? stop being so smug damn it.

Madcatz CEO plz go. Hori makes the best fight pads on the market.

Nice boxed collection user.

I plan to buy some boxed games S oon. I have 4 ngpc games myself, Sanic is on another shelf. I gotta photoshop the cover for it (thanks coverproject). GBA cases look good with printed covers I think.

The NGPC was great, it needed more games & a lighted screen though.
Need to buy another NGPC to try out that light mod.

Try to get a broken one if you can, then if you don't like it you can swap back to an original unmodded model. It's not for everyone.

Sorry user but LOL

I mean I COULD fix it…technically. I would have to saw into the plastic to split it open & then solder new batteries in there. Probably a battery acid explosion waiting to happen.

howdy

Stop being a pussy. Explosions build character.

You think you're better than me because your keyboard lights up?

no, I just think the keyboard is cooler than yours. also I know the x68k is cooler than whatever's on your desktop and there has never been a cooler computer in existence.

Good idea, thanks user.

Sticker Star was a Birthday gift & SSF IV was included in a game bundle (it cost me peanuts).

W-what kind of switches does that keyboard use, CA?

I, I don't. Sarcasm? I'm just saying it's best to take a broken one & mod it into a working one than it would be to mod a brand new one. Ihad to mod mine TWICE before I was happy with it, & pocket colors don't grow on those leafy things the mailman walks by. they had like 1% of Nintendo's market share, so they didn't make many in case you break the one you're working on. Just be careful & respectful when doing mods. My lightbar came from a broken GBASP for example.

There are ALPS green and ALPS yellow switches. The black one has yellow, the video is green.

this video gave me asmr tingles, thanks.

No, but i own some games, always wanted to buy one, but people want way too much for one.

Why does that controller feature an amputated leg.

I want one of these so badly but I swear they're impossible to find

Wikipedia says the NGPC is 160x152, while the GBC is 160x144, so it can't be the exact same screen.

Bikko's gamepad of choice.

You are the fucking CRT queer aren't you?

good man. literally the only two games i had for my NGPC and I wore them out. Metal Slug feels good with that microswitch joystick.

Its nice to see more than one person has taste for the finer things in life, but he's not me

The fuck is that? You gonna stick em up your ass?

It's a different model from the same manufacturer.You're right, but the only difference if\s the size.

What's wrong with CRTs?

maybe its a towel to wipe the screen idk

I do, but it's in my ex-wife's storage shed with all the other games and stuff I left at her apartment before we split. I still have it boxed too, along with near mint boxed copies of that Chick fighter game, the robot arena RPG I used to play and some Metal Slug game. Oh yeah, and Millenial fight. Been awhile since I played it even back when I lived there, since it required a nuclear explosion 5 feet behind you to see the screen and I'm in my 40s and partially blind.

op, is this you?

This thing looks like its """D-pad""" is useless for anything but fighting games. Saturn pad is still superior.

Sad about what might have been.

Magician Lord 2 did eventually show up, but it's never been dumped. Most of these games were at least partially finished, but I'm sure a couple were ready to ship & just never got released which is really upsetting.

Sorry to hear that user. Mine still works.

It's some kind of snack.

Who loses their Cuck Shed in the divorce? Are you some sort of Nu-Age Super Cuck?

x68k bars

there's almost identical travel when compared to a d-pad, as big a saturn fan as I am, I have trouble saying it's flat out better than the neogeo stick with its superb microswitches.