GameWinners disappearing

GameWinners.com is disappearing. I haven't used it in years so it kind of makes sense but it's weird to see it just going away. Used to use it all the time back in the day. I'm sure other anons remember this place.

I miss the old cheat code sites.

Other urls found in this thread:

httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html
httrack.com/html/step.html
archive.is/xKOMp
neoseeker.com/forums/863/t6527-banjo-threeie/33.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the what now

Who?

nigger did you even read. an old cheat code site faggots like me used because phone hotlines for cheats from game companies were assrape prices. now games just sell their own cheats

Wait did they have game genie codes, I may have looked up a code there once or twice a long time ago. The code I tried didn't work.

What happened to it anyway? It used to have a massive collection of games, but now it only has Nintendo. Did it just flat out turn into a forum?

Good times come to an end.

no nigger, I didn't, you should have explained proper right away

yes and yes, half of the game genie codes for any game didn't work cause they get submitted by users and site always put up without checking. hell a lot of the regular codes never worked either cause of typos or plain bullshitting

go back to school u fucking underage

Shit, archive all of it, there are some gems on that place.

I fear that Zombo might die one day.

Gamewinners used to be good in the very early days. Then they added a forum which was fine, but slowly it just became another tumblr tier site, only with gamers.

Remember when Cheatcc didn't look like shit?

Honestly I'm not surprised it vanished sooner, pretty much for the same reasons the notice mentions. Gamewinners only got hits because it came up on the first page of searches for "video game cheat codes". Even then they had a lot of fake shit that didn't even work, too. It was like the Chinese Gamefaqs knockoff

RIP in Piezzas anyway. 22 years goddamn

I remember looking up cheatcodes and shit on these types of sites back when videogames actually had cheatcodes that were fun. But I don't remember GameWinners.com specifically, I would just use whatever was the first result on Google, what's so special about GameWinners?

More and more centralization. When the entire internet gets herded into a few juggernaut websites, the people that run those sites will control everything that people see and hear, and therefore what they think.

Only cheat site I remember using was Cheat Code Central. I didn't go there that often though as I had some cheat code books at the time that covered most of my games already.

its was one of the first and during when we had to use shit like yahoo and altavista search engines

GameWinners was around before Google existed. I found it on AltaVista I think. Cheat Code Central was my other favorite site. I remember GameWinners being less trustworthy but sometimes having cheats other sites didn't that worked.

More like RIP in Pizzaz

this is honestly surreal. i mean, it makes sense. but just another sign that we have left an era behind.

sucks dude. i remember people uploading bullshit on that website for dragon ball z about piccolo having sex with vegeta if you put a certain code in, etc etc. stupid shit like that. you can't get that kind of tongue in cheek shit from some dumb faggot with a whiny voice making a youtube video.

What happened? Did publishers issued DMCA or something?

gitgud

user, you realize some cheats don't make the gameplay easier at all, right? Some just make the game more fun

Man, it's the end of an era.

Nah, if I finished a single player game without cheating then I'll load up the cheats galore after it. Or if I just want to fuck around in a separate save slot. It's different when it's multiplayer, but for single player I don't care. I'll even wear the power glove while doing it.

Games stopped coming out with cheat codes.

Shit, archive all of it, there are some gems on that place.

I've still got some of the cheat pages printed out lying around somewhere.

I used to ring up the Sega hotline. Prices were almost the same as phone sex lines.

stop posting

There's a tool called HTTrack that archives websites locally. I'd use it myself but I'm on a laptop with limited storage.
To anyone who wants to try, grab WinHTTrack from here: httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html
and here's some basic instructions: httrack.com/html/step.html

Another

Another

Yeah, I'll miss them.
F
archive.is/xKOMp

Does anyone really care? GameFAQs was the place that did this shit the best and there wasn't much of a reason to go to any of these other sites. Probably best to make sure GameFAQs is well archived (If it isn't already, it might be) than worry about these sites.

You've posted this shit before.

too bad the Gamefaqs mods are Stasi.

But that site is still 100% superior.

I hope someone archives their cheats/codes since the site has them for some obscure as hell games.

Wow it's almost like this is a niche community with only a handful of users, despite the anonymity

Sounds pretty fucking patriarchal, tbh. Glad it's gone.

They still have the patched exploits on tf2.

I didn't even know what AltaVista was. I assume you guys are old as fuck and this shit is nostalgic for you. I am humbled by your presence.

Man, that sucks, that site really takes me back. I remember they had this "secret" for Banjo-Kazooie where you needed a Transfer Pak to bring Fire and Grenade Eggs to BK so you could open up Stonehenge in Mumbo's Mountain. It'd give you a key that you had to bring to Treasure Trove Cove's 1-UP on the ledge to open up a door that leades to a cave filled with water and a sunken ship at the bottom. Does anyone else remember this one?

neoseeker.com/forums/863/t6527-banjo-threeie/33.htm

At least it's going down like a legend and not like Happypuppy.

I've got like 200+ pages printed from gamewinners somewhere around my room
last I checked the main site went offline and it was forum-only

now I guess it's gonna be gone forever
that's a shame
I'll miss their gameshark pages

I remember when they posted my FAQ without asking.

I had a family member that constantly recommended this website. I thought that cheating in games was stupid, so I never visited it. Later GameWinners became a news site, but I still never visited it. Shame. I should have stuck around.

I loved Neoseeker for their walkthroughs, but they became a small news site. Most games are too simple for walkthroughs now.

I remember this site being more than just a forum, but I didn't use it much.

CheatCC looks better now than back then.

Man, I remember going onto their Sonic forum when I was like 12 and making an ass of myself there. Then once everybody started yelling at me and calling me a noob, I got pissy and left to make my own forum on Proboards, which got maybe 2 people who posted.

I'm sure all the cheat codes have been archived elsewhere by now.

I was more of a fan of Game Revolution back in the day.

Half the fun of cheat websites was wondering if they worked or not. Every once in a while you'd find one exclusive to a website and it inspired you to verify. Felt very folklorish, like a trader visiting your village and telling you about werewolves and shit.

Damn, I remember doing this all the time. I had a whole folder full of cheats that I kept next to my TV.

I spent fucking hours on that website playing that stupid tank game. I wonder if i can find it anywhere.

I hurt so much fucking worse than I should over a fucking Beige website