Recommendation Thread

Post what you desire and anons will try to help you with the closest they can got.

I'll start. I want to play an atmospheric that's not a walking simulator.

Other urls found in this thread:

ddlc.moe/
pcpartpicker.com/list/pQ77tJ
ylvania.org/en/elona
archive.is/VFfZI
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_11
mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Installing/Updating_Myth_II
dropbox.com/s/575zlde6g56fi92/Myth2_Install.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VTMB

What the fuck does "atmospheric" mean?
It seems to me like it would just mean it has a complete aesthetic that you enjoy?
If so we need to know what kind of aesthetics you enjoy, it wont matter how detailed a games environment is if you don't enjoy it.

I want to play dress up but don't want a literal dress up game

Metroid and Super Metroid.

Final Fantasy X-2

Thanks.

Really don't know how to put in words. But I can give you examples and counter examples, Contra could never be an atmospheric game because it has non stop action and some blood pumping music, ICO on the contrary is almost dominated by silence and environment contemplation, Silent Hill as well dives in you in this psychological nightmare permeated by ambient sounds that grapples your senses into the game, but not in a startling manner, like the popular jumpscare games today.

You could say that's what "immersive" means, but to make my point, I would say that a racing simulator is quite "immersive", but it's not really atmospheric since it doesn't have the necessary calmness to make the player fell the environment he is placed, nor has any interest in this, the "immersive" aspect is about what the player is doing, not where is he doing it. As an hypothetical contrast you could say that a game in a Jalopy/My Summer Car manner about exploring some detailed place could be atmospheric, as long as the focus is more about sucking you in than making the player stress out about getting the precision right on the next turn.

Atmospheric is used to describe any game with a muted color palette, soft lighting, or any sort of fog effect. It is not actually a meaningful word.

Polite sage for no contribution at all.

If you know moon, maybe Narikiri Dungeon X for the PSP? Dungeon crawler with real time combat (being a Tales spinoff, specifically a follow up to Phantasia) wherein the "classes" of the two protagonists are based on what acquired outfit they're wearing at the time. haven't played it myself, but I've heard good things about it over the years and know the premise at least.

Might have to define specifically what sort of atmosphere or vibe you're in the mood for.

All three of your examples as to what is and is not atmospheric are more concisely explained by my definition, without having to dip into any pretentious semantics.

So I love the idea of the Hitman series, because I enjoy methodical killing in vidya, but the execution is less than stellar because even in good installments like Blood Money the gameplay feels a bit more like,
"Figure out the level's gimmick" than assassination. And the Batman-vision thing is a major turnoff for the newer games, so I'll pass on that.

I also want it to have an open world/sandbox feel similar to GTA IV or Postal 2, which had the right environments, but not necessarily the best AI or mechanics.

I'd prefer a contemporary setting, but I'm open to trying new things.

I want a game with cities like the ones in these two.

Zelda games tend to have have that older Venice feel to them, if that's what you're looking for. Fable maybe.

A few Sonic games have cities almost identical to these, but if you're not autistic enough for that, I understand.

I want a game like the first resident evil but just the puzzles with no enemies or very little enemies.

Stalker is pretty atmospheric.
Muramasa the demon blade is also atmospheric at times.

Absolution was shit tier but Hitman 2016 is better than Blood Money so you should play it.
Also try Manhunt 1/2, Death to Spies 1/2 and JFK: Reloaded

Zero Escape is a series I'm catching up on, it's chock-full of puzzles. Hope you like clicking on literally everything.

Play D

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Arx Fatalis
Betrayer
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Hitman: Contracts
Killer is Dead
Remember Me
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
The Swapper
Zeno Clash
Zeno Clash 2

A game with action combat that lets me play as a badass Samurai in feudal Japan.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I want to play dress up and I do want a literal dress up game. I've never played one and can't think of any off the top of my head. I don't mind if it's in Japanese.

I want a hard game that requires skill, where you can get better the more you play. And not something that has an end, something that can always get harder to insane levels.

It's gorgeous to look at and it's very polished but still a lot of gameplay mechanics were dropped from Blood Money.

Darkwood

Rising Zan, Way of the Samurai, 7 Blades(shit game)

The game of life.

Devil Daggers

Way of the Samurai 1 (best entry in the series)

Right, I completely forgot about Way of the Samurai. Thanks.
Now that I think about it, wasn't there also some mod for Mount & Blade that changed the setting to feudal Japan and added Japanese armor and weapons? I remember seeing something like that.

Fast-paced third person shooter with fluent controls and that is not a whack-a-mole cover shooter like Gears of War and its clones.

Doom + wads + random map generator

Go to the mall

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
F.E.A.R.
90's shit like Oddworld
The Desolate Hope
Devil Daggers
Quake

Believe it or not, DOOM, Serious Sam and Painkiller are very methodical when it comes to surviving higher difficulties. What they lack in subtlety they make up with intensity.
Or play one of the newer Splinter Cell games, I know they're pretty opened up.

Even after everything I've seen of this game, I still doubt anything can beat Silent Assassin/Blood Money.

Badasslands 2: Badder asses - Asser badders

The Suffering 1 and 2
Bloodrayne 1 haven't tried 2, but people hate it
Advent Rising
Grindframe
Ghost in the Shell on PS2 (probably not what you have in mind, but still intriguing)
Just Cause 2
Max Payne 1 and 2 (can't recommend 3 because I haven't played it, try to find a repack of it so you don't waste 60Gigs of space)
X-COM: Enforcer
Expendable (don't know if it's any good)
MDK 1 and 2

I'd like to have some more 90's-early 2000's third person shooters recommended as well.
And a weird one: I'm curious how many games used a nuclear sign as an icon for their executable? So far I know of Fallout, Duke Nukem games and Worms Armageddon.

Honey Select.

I want a rogue-like that has a large variety of classes and weapons and enemies, without being easy as fuck and teetering into rogue-lite territory or having no point like IVAN and C:DDA.

I want a dungeon crawler or a JRPG where I actually fucking die once in a while and have to think out every turn, rather than being so easy I can auto battle boss fights.
I've played every shin megami tensei and the good wizardry's multiple times and I feel like nothing else will ever come close.

Seconding this. An in-depth customize-everything-about-your-character simulator sounds pretty fun.

Only thing that vaguely comes to mind is super meat boy since it sort of fits with something that doesn't have an end with user made levels.

What I really want is akin to the progression style of civ, but not as streamlined. I want to basically do what all those ads for p2w phone games say.
BUILD YOUR EMPIRA FROM THE STONE AGE BEYOND, AND LEAD YOUR PEOPLE TO VICTORY
STRATEGIZE
BUILD RESOURCES
It doesn't even have to be /gsg/, I just want to progress a society from prehistory.
Please for the love of god don't say Spore.

What are some good hacking simulators that aren't Uplink?

Fun

Kirby's Epic Yarn on the Wii

The whole catalog's fucky for me. Anyone else?
Sage for off-topic

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Assault Android Cactus
Just Cause 2
Postal 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with friends, join an empty server and don't mind the score.
Saints Row 2
watch "Hardcore Henry"
Super Trench Attack
Caster (yes, that cheap ass looking game on steam is short and sweet, you'll thank me later)

Posting ion general's being fucky right now, I've been trying to post in 3 different threads for the last 15 minutes and only 2 posts have come through so far. No duplicate posts, so at least there's that.

Hitman 2016 dropped some mechanics and has a lot of handholding through the wallhack sense, accident guides, and minimap, but it's still alright. It makes up for it with its authentic level design, replayability, and overall improvements to many mechanics.

I'd like a recommendation on Jydge. I liked Neon Chrome but if it's another roguelite game I'm most likely going to pass.

i refuse to give attention to a game that does such a retarded fucking thing in a desperate attempt to be original.

nigga thats an Y not an U.

I can only presume it's pronounced "Jij"

look you can replace a C with a K to make your game/character name sound cooler, like "KOMMANDER" or "KRYSTAL" but in this case that sounds completely retarded because the Y has very well established phonetic rules.

i can only assume they expect people to read JYDGE like "jYOUdge", but instead it sounds like "jeedge", and its just sending alarms up my autism bone. i hope they go bankrupt for this byllshit.

no man, it's a whole shtick they're going with. I love 10 tons for making Crimsonland and even the remake is good in my book, but they've been stuck remaking the same Neon Chrome clones over and over for the past couple of years. It's sad.

Wait what?

Aw fuck 10tons and other indie devs stop it with the roguelite shit.
Also the humor in this game seems to be godawful

I've already asked around a million times but got no replies, i'm feeling hopeless.
I don't want an undefeatable-pseudo-god-simulator or a movie under a "challenging" coat. I need an offline singleplayer game to replace MP, a game that feels somewhat different on every playthrough and has a nice amount unpredictable events and smart AI, that also isn't too heavy on scripted events yet the procgen isn't NMS-tier.
In other words, i want a dynamic singleplayer game where most actions, even AI's ones matter.
I'm already playing DF and Rimworld, and some skirmish modes on RTS, but i still want more, and something action focused.

I may have exaggerated

What are some of the good rpgs/jrpgs on the psp? Or any most play psp titles?

I have this image if it helps in any way.
It's pretty old.

cool thanks anons. I'll look out for Zero Escape. I always wanted to play D but I never was able to. I found it at a used game store for a few dollars but the first disc was cracked and it wouldn't play. I'm downloading the game now to use with an emulator.

Empire Earth with the largest map sizes starting from first epoch

Dead Rising my dude.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland of the Wii.

I want more zombie games like Dead Rising where you can just fuck around and ignore the story. IIRC you can still keep playing Dead Rising if you fail the story but you have to restart if you want the good/canon ending.

dyyid syrremyyern srry jydge?

fyygeyrt meyr pyyc

niggr

Assassin's Creed?

i only like quake 2

Fighting games fit this as you'll never master the game, but will always be challenged due to how others play. The more mechanics a fighter has the more depth it has to the point of being absurd. Guilty Gear Accent Core +R, Virtua Fighter 5, and Arcana Heart 3 are some of the most complicated fighters out there. However, VF5 is also easy to play.

There's also shoot em ups where you can always do better as you base your skill on score. The higher score you want, the better you have to play and there are people out there always hunting for the highest score. Cho-ren-sha-68k, Crimzon Clover, Battle Garegga, and Hellsinker are all some good choices.

tfw no one responded to me cause it doesn't exist.
i wasted thirty dollars on stranger of sword city because people lied to me and said it's hard. enemies do literally 1 HP of damage to me, that is if they can even hit me, their attacks miss 99/100 times. and i haven't even grinded, i'm not overleveled at all.
the amazing thing about super easy games like this is all of the game guides for it give you ways of making your characters even more overpowered than they already are. they advise you to abuse the career change in this game for example which makes your stats retardedly high and gives you every skill in the game. why the fuck would i do that when i'm already a god of genocide just playing normally?

my ID changed. this post was mine.

No it's mine.

Give me games, niggas.

A game where magic involves memorizing strings of runes instead of simply pressing a key/button and waiting.

The only ones I know are LostMagic and Magicka.

Skyrim

Isn't that how magic worked in Arx Fatalis?

Arx Fatalis. You also have to draw them yourself on screen.

Deep Labyrinth

Dungeon Master, an old dungeon crawler.

Thanks, I'll check these out. Arx Fatalis looks great!

Divinity OS 2

Kingdom of Amalur, maybe?

fallout new vegas

just go to the local gay bar bathroom and roll the die to pick a gloryhole you're going to suck, you flaming homo.
unless you're talking strictly single player healing, then this is outside my specialization

a gf

Wanting a GF tut tut user. It's a little like sex once you've had it, it's novelty wears off.

By all means go get into a relationship, guarantee you that just become annoyed by the other individual and you'll realize that GF's really aren't convenient.

Fag.

I want cartoonish stuff mixed with cyberpunk. I've already finished all of the Mega Man games so give me something else.

A civilization or country simulator that's actually in depth

Play Toonstruck and Darkseed/Bladerunner at the same time.

Amalur is one of the easiest games you can play.

I want to play as a cute minigirl and go on an adventure in a giant world.

Who hurt you user?

Sunless Sea is a fantastic game with a neat as hell setting, but I'm the only person who every mentions it here. Why the fuck is that?

try this one :^)

Honestly the only thing I can think of is Shadow of Mordor, but it's not difficult and Holla Forums hates the shit out of that series. Though the first game doesn't have the loot box bullshit the new one does, though it does have lore-fuckery and a SHITTY end.

I'm still thinking for you user, mostly I'm replying to let you know that you aren't ignored.

What are some good, well-rounded, short games? Pics related are the best examples I have. They're only allowed to have filler like cutmemes and QTEs if they're MGR-tier.

Divinity OS 1 and 2

Dragon's Dogma

I can only think of Iji and Heavy Bullet at the moment.

Are there any cyberpunk games that are good that have flown under the radar? Obviously deus sex, system shock, already played the shadowrun games, satellite reign, oni, snatcher, hard reset, transistor, I have no anus cream, plan on playing the blade runner point and click game soon. What else is out there?

Ruiner is pretty good. The gameplay has some issues but most got fixed in a recent patch.

I suggest waiting for the next update before downloading, here's the list of fixes in current version from steam:
BUG FIXES
Fixed DualShock 4 behaviour causing potential blockers in game
Slow motion effect on weapon pickup triggers only when enemies are nearby
Fixed HUD disappearing after TrafficKing cyborg fight
Fixed enemies not spawning during one of the Angel fights
Fixed stun exploits on bosses
It’s now possible to make the game louder than before, hopefully fixing issue with game being too quiet on some computers
UI Tweaks
Miscellaneous environment collision and gameplay fixes
GAMEPLAY BALANCE TWEEKS
Easy difficulty made easier
Normal and Hard difficulty levels were slightly tweaked for even smoother gameplay experience, overall enemies are not bullet sponges, hero takes slightly less damage on normal
All ranged weapons used by player have been tweaked, their projectiles are much faster making it easier to hit enemies
Mother Unit’s laser has slower tracking, making it easier to avoid
Stun grenades cost 50% more energy
Plasma and Vulcan firing spread has been narrowed
Damage feedback has better visibility on player character
Fixed Nayak arena grading

Says they'll add rebindable keys in the next update.

Onimusha 1 and 2, if you got an OG xbox play Genma over Warlords. The third game is also good but the Samurai is flung into the future while Jean Reno is sent to the past. No idea about the fourth game.

Ratchet and Clank are alright tps games with some platforming, they are a bit on the easy side and not too fast paced though. Deadlocked has a focus on combat.

If those aren't your thing, check out GitS ps1 and maybe Cloudbuilt.

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2

Vagrant Story

Anything is better than the eternal crushing loneliness.

Man was not built to be a solitary creature.

Then why do I feel so tired when I'm around people? Why is interacting with them sucking the soul out of me?

There's an indie game called Datajack that I had a fair bit of fun with. Simple isometric graphics, gameplay is a mix of combat, stealth, and puzzles. You accept missions, go to an area, and do them - it might be something as simple as bombing a fast food restaurant for ecoterrorists, or breaking into an office building to steal files. Environment is pretty destructable, and there are generally a couple ways to get to your end goal. A big part of the game is cash management, you've got to buy all your own gear for the most part and it costs a lot to heal after a mission, so you can completely fuck up your playthrough if you're careless.

So is it like Syndicate or Crusader?

Syndicate kind of, if you only had one guy and really limited resources. Never played Crusader. Honestly, it feels more like an isometric Deus Ex, with a bit of tongue-in-cheek from the missions you take them for 3 different factions, all of whom are interfering with each other

Maybe momodora series?

Dagon's Dogma was fun, but even as a loli you're not that small.

Looks neat. What's it like?

Looks like a lot of fun. Found a download, but I couldn't seem to get the download from the official site to work. Something happen to the dev?

Honey Select or Love+, depending on what you're after.

I want Chris Avellone to take over Bethesda

If you don't mind plenty of autism and comfy grinding in a pretty honestly ugly environment with all the deep multiplayer sandbox that people cry out for, might I suggest checking out the Wurm Unlimited thread, once you link up and find a job (or jobs) you like and introduce yourself, you'll have a great time. It may not be as real as being hugged by your soul mate after a long day of work and seeing her warm smile meant only for you but the camaraderie is second to none you also can kill half channers and all other lesser beings.

I will warn it does have a learning curve, but find a goal and you will be surprised at how accomplished you feel when you finally finish.

As for myself, I'd like some multiplayer sandbox games that my friends and me can play. Barring that, a fun ps2 RPG. Was playing dark cloud, but got sidetracked, thinking of starting it back up

I just want to play a new Jet Set Radio.

And before you say hover, no that shit is like the finnish spurdo sparde set radio. It's got a positive attitude and it's having fun, but it isn't the real thing.

I want to play Nier Automata, but I have no money.

[spoilers]No pirating allowed.

You and me both man. You'd think with all the autism bux sonic gives Sega, they'd get off their asses and make a new one.

Kill yourself.

Games with conspiracy shit. Don't recommend Deus Ex, that one's already on my list.

There's The Secret World if mmos are your thing

Since you have no money you wouldn't be able to run it on your toaster anyway.

Games with cyborg/robot samurais and ninjas. I have already played Hagane, Ninja Warriors Again, MGR:R and did a melee run on EYE.

FPS games, for reference I liked EYE, Serious Sam, Soldier of Fortune, STALKER and Delta Force; but I didn't liked Doom nor Quake.

Anyone know a good 6th gen PS2/GCN JRPG set in an idealized/fantasy 18th-19th century Europe with cute girls in frilly dresses?

I jwant to play something fun. Something dumb and arcadey, could be a shooter for all I care. Preferably not a platformer or a fighting game.

I just want to have fun again, Holla Forums.

play cotton boomerang

Because you are interacting with normalfag trash and not people who actually share your interests

Just something lewd with cute girls that isn't full on porn.

Future Cop LAPD.

A good free multiplayer shootan game. That people play.
There isn't one.

A FREE weeb VN came out recently called Doki Doki Literature Club, you can get it off of itch.io or (((steam))), there's 4 girls in it and you can get a couple CGs with 3 of them if you pick them in choices and have high affection with them, affection is decided by a poetry mechanic where three chibi versions of the date-able girls hang out in the bottom left of the screen while you pick 20 words, and a girl will jump if you pick a word they like. Just a heads up, this is one of those games that locks you out of the good ending if you don't get all the CGs before the school festival, and it expects you to save and load to get them all because it keeps track in a separate data file which ones you got and cuts you off once an event flag is triggered the morning of the festival. The big gimmick is that each girl is suffering from some form of depression that they cope with in different ways, it's not really a spoiler, the game beats you over the head with it like every 5 minutes, and it gives you 3 or so disclaimers about it at the beginning of the game. It's good for a couple hours, and the devs put backstory info in the game's directory that gets unlocked after significant story events. If you want to play it and don't want to be spoiled here's a link to the dev's site, just download it off of their itch.io link.
ddlc.moe/

I want to play as a cool-looking girl that uses cool-looking guns.

I want some opinions on Ninja Blade because I'm somehow convinced Ninja Gaiden Black is coming to PC at some point and I want something to keep me in check.

Also it's not video games but I want more reviews like RockCock 64's. The editing was subtle but hilarious and the humor was just right.

Oni or PN03?

I'd like to find a game with a big crafting system and a lot of character customization like the Atelier games, but that isn't such an on-rails generic JRPG otherwise. Thea the Awakening is the closest I've been able to find.

How about Moero Chronicle?

I think OlliOlli has a piece or two by Hideki.

Try Locomalito's Hydorah, it's a side scrolling shooting game with a lotta heart.

I'll suggest the obvious, Senran Kagura.

With what Mystery Dungone should I start?
Explorers of the Sky or Super MD?

Ninja Blade fucking sucks. I hope for Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 come out after Nioh gets released on pc.

Dark fantasy game, something grimdark like Souls games, Diablo and Darkest Dungeon.

Also, play the Shinobi PS2 game if you haven't. Almost no diversity but the core gimmick is very tight. You have to play super fast because your demon sword is slowly killing you and you can feed it by killing and every successful kill without getting hit (I think) makes it stronger. I wish it had a sequel.

Saint's Row games.

Seconding this.

Extra points if it has cute/sexy girls.

Rockcock64 has a girlfriend now and I don't . Sad!

Having analyzed The Best Gamers, RockCock's own channel and OneyPlays I've come to the conclusion that RockCock's urge to shoehorn in his girlfriend is what caused them to break apart

Dino Crisis 1 and 2
Parasite Eve 1 and 2
Avoid 3rd entry for both series.

Try Urban Terror, the game is old but pretty good gameplay wise. I haven't played in a few years but I believe there should still be a handful of active servers around.

The Dark Spire
Haven't played Grim Dawn but I would say it fits the theme you are looking for.

Also, Shinobi had a sequel called Nightshade / Kunoichi.

It was a little indie thing, the dev himself has probably moved on to other things.

I honestly can't stand grinding. If I wanted all-out autism, I'd play EVE.

When I was working on a ship, I'd organize LAN parties every now and then. One guy had a copy of Urban Terror and we all played together.

Even 5v1, they couldn't stop me.

A big, first- or third-person action RPG that I haven't already played a million times.

I thought it was too obvious to say I'd have played that. My fault.

Sure let's give that a try.

I want to play a good mech game that is not like Mech warrior but more in line with Armored Core or Front Mission.

I enjoyed Darkness. Is Darkness II any good?

Dead Rising
Breach & Clear
Arma 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Saints Row series (2 has best customisation and just about everything else for that matter)
GTA IV
GTA V: Online if you can get past that boring shitter of a grind
DayZ

Those are the ones off the top of my head, I know FNV has different stats for different outfits so I dunno if that prevents a satisfying enough dress-up experience for you user. Gayday 2 might be your thing if you have some kind of mask fetish but don't give Overkill your money.

Mech Assault isn't that bad, it simplifies the controls enough that it plays like AC without the boosting.

If you're looking for AC gameplay, Custom Robo mirrors arena mode in AC. For Front Mission TBS, SRW is your best bet for now. There are a few in the works, but no conclusive deadlines yet.

I want a cyberpunk turn-based strategy where scummy neo governments wage guerrilla warfare on each other, and you have your own super-soldier squad you'd have to manage from going insane while raking in the dosh for business security & upgrades.

Is Ao no Surge any good or is it just weeb bait?

Do the difficiulty setting do anything substantial instead of just buffing enemy stats?

Oh i've played the shit out of Custom Robo in the past. Maybe I should dig it back up sometime.

I remember playing one of the SRW game but it wasnt that great. Are the newer ones considered good? Cuz I was thinking about getting OG Moon Dwellers

I liked it pretty well, it has a much more comic book style to it, and has a gimmicky mechanic that lets control the direction you swing your tentacle that doesn't translate well to the mouse, but I have fond memories of the game.

I have been having an itch lately, Holla Forums.
I really want to play a strategy game where I can take control of a country (Ideally any country), start out from a historically accurate spot and take the country in whatever direction I want.
Conquering the surrounding countries, radically changing the countries government all together, passing laws the way I see fit, and all that good shit.
In addition to this however I want (semi) realistic consequences if I decide to go full retard.
So in other words, a country/politics simulator where I have a lot of flexibility, I'm talking going full commie as America, Nuking Britain as Sweden, uniting the Koreas as the best one, etc.
Does anything come to mind, Holla Forums?

Pop town for the DS. Rhythm game with not lolis

The newest ones, SRW OG Moon Dwellers, and SRW V are good.

I think the civilization series offer a bit of that.

Not on a governmental level, but I don't know enough about Victoria or some such to make a recommendation.

I have been grinding the civilization series from all directions, I want something closer to perhaps a paradox game (though admittedly I haven't played anything other than CK2 and EU4).
Civ is more of a board game, where what I want is a simulator.

invoker

warframe

Looking for a game where there is a crafting system for various fantasy things like Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Alchemy and the like, possibly with the ability to set up farms and dungeon delve that is not a Runefactory/Harvest Moon game.

Well, my fellow video game connoisseur, do I have just the game for you!

Oh good I can pirate it right?

you can BE a pirate! with the help of MODS!

is this a summon spell?

PIRACY?

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT PIRACY IS STEALING?

I'LL TEACH YOU TO STEAL FROM M- INNOCENT GAME DEVELOPERS

Got you fam, see pic related. Depending on what time-frame & level of depth you desire, I'm sure you'll find at least one of these games to your liking.
Considering what you've said so far, however, I think Victoria 2 – which is all about nation-building and managing the economic, financial, political, technological, demographical and cultural needs of your society during the Victorian times, ranging from 1833~1933 IIRC.

I need a good controler for emulating/playing games on the go. I have a DS4 and it feels too big to bring along and dosen't work with my mobile emulation station phone. I was thinking of getting a 8bitdo controler because it looks nice and works on the things I have, but theres 8 or so different models, pic is the snes one for preorder.

I just got a Moga Hero (Pic related). Was top of the line a while ago and has dropped in price since. I like how it fits in a pocket and has a solid holder for the phone. Maybe check it out.

Things to note:

That 8bitdo also looks nice, love how the analogues are in the sony configuration.

I would give Recettear. Has some crafting and shop keeping on top of a pretty good dungeon crawler.
Also there is Weapon shop de Omasse which is a pretty good blacksmith game.

Yeah Recettear was pretty fun, and I have Weapon shop de Omasse, its really more of a rhythm game though, not saying its bad. Just kinda looking for something a little bit different, thanks for the suggestions.

pcpartpicker.com/list/pQ77tJ

Here is my current PC build, I need help cause I have no idea what I am buying. All I know is I want 2 monitors, a above average build so I can play video games and shitpost. I dont know if this is a good set up at all or where you would rank it. My max would be around 1200$$ I guess I can go cheaper on the parts since I dont know what I am building but I would like a nice quiet pc. Recommend how to fix this build.

>atmospheric that's not a walking simulator
I recommend the Silent Hill series, 1-4. Some might disagree with my recommendation's inclusion of 4, but I still think it's worth it if you can summon the necessary patience.

I want games about mechas where you can get out of the mecha and go on foot to able to enter places where the mecha is too big.
Like Front Mission Gun Hazard and Metal Marines.
Things that are almost mecha like Fallout4 power suits are ok too.

I bought the nes30 pro. I don't know about the other 8bitdo controllers, but I wouldn't recommend that one.

Here's a copy of the review I left on Amazon for it:

It's really far from great.

The bad

* The shoulder buttons are segmented very very badly in a way that makes it awkward to use
* You have to press far too hard to actuate the shoulder buttons
* The D-pad feels nice enough at first, but it feels insensitive to diagonals.
* I can't describe why, but the D-pad feels clumsy. When I use it I don't feel like it's controlling right, even compared to the original NES, and especially when switching from left to right. It doesn't feel like it rocks properly.
* The analog sticks are pretty bad. They have a strong bias toward the axes (ie. you have to press twice as hard to get them to go diagonal as you do to get them to go straight up and down or left and right)
* The sticks require an inordinate amount of force to actuate the buttons given the awkward placements
* The sticks have no dead-zone, but hit full actuation at about 70% of its tilt (effectively meaning there is a 30% dead zone AROUND the stick, except for at the diagonals, where it is considered being fully tilt on both axes. Technically, this means that 70% is inaccurate, as the actuation amount would be 1 / sqrt(2), or about 70.7%). This does mean that the sticks are actually square, in terms of actuation, not truly round. This wouldn't be an issue if the whole outside of this area wasn't a dead-zone for its axis. It makes controlling 3D games awkward, as you can tell that movement is off when you're moving diagonally, but you can't quite put your finger on why it's so weird.
* They can only sync to one thing at a time, and in only one mode at a time, so you have to re-pair the bluetooth every time you might want to use another device
* The bluetooth range is not great. It starts getting patchy at only about 5 feet away, and forget it if the controller doesn't have a line-of-sight to your bluetooth device (luckily, it works in USB mode, so this is a minor gripe in most cases)
* mine came with painfully sharp corners on the d-pad, and I had to file it down with a nail file
* The face buttons feel sharpish on the edges, but it's not too bad

The good:

* The start and select buttons feel nice
* The stick placement isn't bad, and they're compact and out of the way, not snagging on anything when stowing the controller in a bag or something.
* The controller stows and fits comfortably in a pocket
* The style of the controller is great
* The size and shape of the controller are perfect, and it fits perfectly in my hands
* The stick design of a rubber top on a plastic stick with plastic edges is actually a great idea, and prevents the rubber on the sticks from wearing off without sacrificing comfort.

All in all, it's a controller that wouldn't be terrible at $15, but even then kind of pushes it. At its actual price, I would just get a Wii U Pro Controller or the like and figure out how to pair that properly.

The NES30 Pro and FC30 pro are mediocre controllers that look fantastic. I really do love their aesthetic, but a controller really needs more than passable face buttons, decent start and select buttons, and a mediocre everything else. To be honest, the worst point for me is the D-pad. If I'm playing 2D platformers, the D-pad is the most important part. I need to be able to rock it hard from side to side, and this controller just doesn't facilitate it.

I wish this controller was as nice to use as it is to look at.

I want 2 games.
First is a fallout 1&2 inspired isometric top down, turn based sandbox survival lite scavenger type game. Going to randomly generated post apoc houses or locations looking for loot such as ammo, food and water, batteries parts medicine etc. Guns can be modified. Direct energy weapons such as lasers work like heatbeams, not pew pew slow plasma bolts. Can build a house or pillow fort dwelling. Monsters can be radioactive mutants zombies and robots. Multiplatform and available on linux, can be played with game controller as well as KB and mouse.
Almost like that but in fallout1&2 format.

Second game I want a slightly modernized and streamlined Ultima 6, but instead of pseudo medieval setting I want Rifts Gamma World type of weirdness.

I can't get over how much I enjoy both of these games.

I don't even know what you call these. They don't look similar at all from the outside but so much about them feels the same and I like them for the same reasons. Is there anything else out there like Rebel Galaxy or Mad Max? I don't necessarily mean "more space games" or "more post-apocalyptic games" either, more like "games that know their setting and pull it off particularly well".

I want to play a game where I can capture and fuck with my enemies, not just kill them.

Dev's still alive, not really active though. The reason you had difficulty is that desura, the service he used to host it, is down, I think they're under new management.
Anyhow, think he linked to a google drive of it on his twitter.
If you want the ever jazzy OST, got a copy personally but can't access it at the moment. You could probably bug the dev about it.

Pokemon.

Nioh?

I think the deception/kagero series has something like that

basically torture tower defense

I think the deception/kagero series has something like that, basically torture tower defense series

I want to play as the little girl

whoops.

I just started playing victoria 2, but it doesn't quite itch the ah.. itch.
I was hoping for something set in modern day, with more autismal control over the country.

Metal Warriors has that as well. Metal Storm on the nes has the mech action part but not the human one.

Rance

I used that controler until the triggers kept breaking off, it was ok but very clunky for 2D games. I think I would rather buy a new controler rather than sending it back.

Style savvy series.

Vanquish.

Don't go with psp recommendation lists.
Then goes emulation, then you dig into the library yourself while avoiding anyone's opinion like plague.

Q2 expansion packs?

The void.

Nox.

The Temple of Elemental Evil, not sure if it's a perfect match.

OW :^)

Weapon shop fantasy, ss13, non-3d mmorpgs(ultima, hellmoo)(?), DF.

ROBF, Deception 4 NP, Rance(?), DF.

A.I.M., Global operations, KF 2.5, Eternal damnation mod, Cry of fear, psx medal of honor, picrelated.

I'm looking for three things.

What's wrong with hollow knight?

I simply disliked it and it's much faster than going

I don't want to make another summon necro. how do I make the Poison tree work best?
There's no Diablo thread and it did say 'post what you desire'

Environmental Station Alpha

I want Wasteland 2 with Fallout and XCOM

But fuck this.. just thinking about it makes me sad knowing nothing will ever come out.

All games are shit today made for undeveloped adultbabies.

Door Kickers

RAGE

One of the most underrated games ever

Corpse explosion artillery bone necro with decrepify from the curse tree. Cursing boner necro.

I want to play an ancient evil+ dark lord simulator.
Bonus points if you get to conquer the world and heroes of light rise against you.

Hard mode: no overlord or dungeon keeper.

Thanks. Looked pretty bad but the music hooked me and I've been playing it for quite some time now and I'm digging it.

If you want to do a poison dagger build you can put all points into the main three poisons skills while using any stat points to keep your armor and dex for the dagger.

I want a good CYOA game.

OSU
:^)

Have you tried Elona user?
ylvania.org/en/elona

I want a comfy driving game.
a RTS which has a good story and good gameplay.
a game where I command riot police to do things.
a game where I am the law

Live with your parents.

How are you lonely. You are talking with whatever amount of people.
Also I am also a faggot who doesn't socialize. And look at me. I ended up here, what more successful story is there.

Lost Planet 2.
don't ignore the training missions because they get fucking wild near the end, and the game is good as is but spectacular in co-op

If anyone's still here, how about a game where you can roleplay as a wallstreet banker, or hedge fund manager, or anything that'll make me feel like a rich man living it up in an expensive condo, wearing the most elegant suits, brag about business cards to colleagues. In too much vidya, you never feel truly rich, just sort of having a ton of money that doesn't affect gameplay besides buying equipment/whatever.
I want to be able to pull devious tricks like so, just for the added supervillain/Jew touch.

A good martial arts game set in a Wuxia setting with an in-depth combat system that doesn't require too much thought to get into.

Or a game similar to Yakuza or Persona that just allows me to explore a comfy small town on my own and do mini games.

Now with those out of the way. You should look into Zeno Clash and it's sequel. They have a bit of jank to them but are one the most unique kung-fu-ish games I've played.

You laugh now.
archive.is/VFfZI

ffs

It's hard to call it indepth, because all the depth comes from subtle mechanics like critical hits and quick parries and low attacks and it's a fairly repetitive game, but Kung Fu Strike could be up your ally.

What about the first?

Dunno if I'm too late, but it's a platformer with cute girls, inspired by cave story. 1 - 3 play linearly and 2 - 4 play more like metroidvania. It can get pretty punishing.

Think I'll give it a try, thanks.

Never tried that one, i just remembered that roguelikes were a thing, and they're the closest to what i'm looking for. Still, i'll be looking for more genres and games, thanks user.

Monster Hunter series.

I want to play a comfy open world game

Just started playing Warframe, it's pretty fast

Hacknet is just a prettier Uplink

Superpower 2

Any of the Atelier games

Euro Truck Sim
Starcraft: Brood War is pretty fun and free
Prison Architect

LP1 is pretty fun, though it lacks the co-op and loadout customization that made LP2 great
LP3 is absolute shit, dont even bother pirating it

I'll ask here because as of late I've been craving something like this.
A game that is heavy on RPG, something on which I can plan a sheet or the like, use stats, bartering and whatnot.

Setting doesn't matter, can be sci-fi, fantasy, modern: anything works for me.
I'd be happier if I could make my own character but if I can't it's fine too.
I welcome any kind of RPG, be it similiar to STALKER, E.Y.E., Final Fantasy Tactics, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Night, Divinity and so on.
Lots of points if it is turn based but again, not a requirement.

Please help me, I really need to immerse myself in a story and vent some steam.
I tried so many games that are fake RPG, where stats do shit like "+10% to damage" and other boring shit, I need some actual RP with my G, you can't feed me stats by themselves.

I've already tried the games above plus Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil and Arcanum, it goes without saying that I've also played Mass Effect (1 and 2), Shadowrun (all of em) and Underrail.

I need a good game.

Good RTT games like pic related.

You can gimp some of your summons by just maxing skelletons and skelleton mastery, and only putting one point into Skelleton Mages, Golem and Revive, and putting your remaining points into the poison tree. You can have a decent skelleton mob along with a decent Poison Nova.

That would be great. Goyim NPCs work hard inventing and building things. Then I decide decide which ones get air for their creations.

>Cursing boner +jailer and CExplosion
When I still had D2 LoD installed, that was one of my favorite characters. Make a "White" runeword bone wand with +bone skills. Cast Bone Prison and or Decrepify. Then
SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
using boner spears all over monsters.

Are there any antinatalist video games/interactive fictions?

It's really far from outright antinatalism, but in Fallout New Vegas there's some anti-utilitarian sentiment: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_11

The Dark Souls series and Bloodborne are perfect. The former is steeped in Buddhist philosophy. The latter takes place in a Lovecraftian world of cosmic pessimism.

Pretty much all of the NPCs in both games meet some kind of tragic end.

The Metal Gear Solid Series fluctuates rapidly between anti and pro-natalism, but on the anti side Psyco Mantis is the prime example.

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. The intro alone is oozing antinatalistic sentiment, and general story revolves around a super computer being super pissed at humanity for bringing him into existence. Look it up (the intro) on youtube, it's delicious.

System Shock definitely takes the cake I'd say when showing how ethically wrong it is to bringing sentient life into existence as it can create horrific results.

Planescape: Torment deals in some existentialism that sometimes lean towards antinatalist thought. The most notable example that comes to mind is the Dustmen who argue its better to return to non-existence as opposed to remaining in constant torment. You can actually join them if you want.

LP1 is… it's ok. it's a decent game but but it's not fantastic or anything.

Age of Decadence. You'll need a lot of patience for it though.

Final fantasy tactics advance. I just can't find a modern game that's remotely like it.

(noice mate)
That was actually my first Necro build and my first character to beat Hell Difficulty, I sometimes used confusion instead of Decrepify on large mobs to stop them from kicking my ass. It was fun as hell

I just want something that makes me feel again. I enjoyed nier automata but couldn't get through the alternate endings. First person shooters make me want to stick my peepee in a coffee grinder and mmo's are dead. Pubg has great gunplay but i'd prefer if it had a survival mode like gayZ and that other one. I've tried many indie games on steam and most of them are gimmicky and full sjw… God help me.

I just want a good game where I can chat and meet new people, I feel so fucking alone. Gameplay is secondary

Sol Survivor

Aum Yok Taar

Any of the Geneforge games. I can personally vouch for 4.

Any good police games? Just want to be a cop solving crimes and catching crims. No la noir

I want a non fighting game where I play a /fit/ dude who has a wrestler's moveset

Cuphead

Hybrid Heaven

If you have no social skills it doesn´t matter how good the game is and how friendly the community, you will always stay alone. Trust me i know what i´m saying

Also I want some hot opinions on Recore, apparently it came to pc at some point and I wanna pirate it.

Vidya where you play as Nazi Germany please don't derail with political discussion save that for other boards, I just want to play games

Two things that come to mind are Myth and Brigador, I've not played Syndicate but I've seen both being compared to them. Myth is free:
Guide: mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Installing/Updating_Myth_II
Game Files: dropbox.com/s/575zlde6g56fi92/Myth2_Install.7z

Brigador can be found on torrent sites easily, but it's sold horribly and the devs are cool guys so you could grab it on GOG or something if you like it.

P-pls respond.

SWAT 4

Red Orchestra 1&2
Men of War

literally any multiplayer rts

I'm looking for a game with cavemen in it, preferably something that has strategy, survival or role playing elements.

user, I uh… have some bad news for you

Spoop. Serious spoop. Like, afraid to go to bed spoop.

Is there any benefit playing the gba mother 1 and 2 rom over the snes ones Or am I in for roughly translated moonrunes?

Silent Storm, Silent Hunter 3, Il-2 Sturmovik (1946 is the "complete" edition, I think.)

Sudden Strike 2 has some German campaigns.

you asked for it user, don't pussy out now

Already got those, but thank you all the same

Cheers pal I'll check them out asap

Shit I've got the disc for that around here somewhere, never worked on my old pc back in the day but I've completely forgot about it since. I'll have to dig it out and give it a go. Thanks user!

Fuck I meant the last line for

(checked while I'm at it)

All I want is a good bounty hunting game, but I can't find anything that really scratches that itch.
You feel it too, don't you?

This is pretty neat

you forgot one

Rush for Berlin
Panzer Corps
Panzer corps is excellent if you want long campaigns.

I want crazy long and sick combos, with maybe a dash of anime bullshit. Not a fighting game though, I have too many of those

Damn right I'll play it once it's on PC.

I was just about to post this

hey thanks man, do you know if the bayonetta pc port is any good?

It's good. No major bugs or glitches I'm aware of.

I want an atmospheric Western RPG. I've already finished Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fable, and TES IV/V. Could be fantasy or science fiction as long as the lore is rich and the characters are hot compelling. Preferably something that's relatively easy to get ahold of in physical form.

I want a game with real time destruction physics (ala R6:S or BF)

user for the love of god play Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's everything you want and it's seasonal. Just be sure to install the unofficial patch (without the plus features) so it actually runs.

I want to play as a necromancer, but not as an RTS

I'd like to have small enough detail that I can inspect individual corpses, make them myself, name them, but also be able to build a large army

Any games like Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings, but I can actually make my own cultures and societies instead of using an Earth one?

And just to clarify what I mean by "it's everything you want"
check as fuck
It's from a PnP history, it's got ages of it and every bit of it you encounter and uncover in the game is good shit
Arguably the best you'll get from a CRPG outside of Kreia.
Tons of them, more so if you can get in to goth girls. Seriously my dude, it's what you want.

Wanted:

Good, fun tank game.

Must not be WoT or WT.

Divinity Original Sin 2 + Overlord mod is a fairly recent experience.
Grim Dawn with recent expansion and Diablo 2 also count.

Puzzle and programming games like zachtronic ones, but nothing full blown autism like Factorio

Grab one of the modern day mods like CWE or NWO. It's pretty much exactly what you're asking for. There are a few strategy games that try a modern setting but they mostly suck. Modded Vic 2 is as good as it gets unfortunately.

Dungeon Keeper 2

Worked perfectly for me. Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising are also good picks from that list that also have excellent ports.

The Witcher series as well as KOTOR 1 and 2 are worth playing as well. Steer clear of the nostalgia bait reboots and spiritual successors like Pillars of Eternity and NuTorment.

Strange. I liked Factorio specifically because of it falling exactly into that sweet spot you seem to be looking for.

Warband mod is Gekokujo

Comfy. He wants comfy.

This joke never gets old, does it?

He just announced that he's releasing a new game in a few days

Shit taste detected

SWAT 4? Enemy and hostage placements are random every time and theres a mega map pack for like two or three dozen maps

Honestly Titanfall 2 singe player campaign is really impressive

Hitman Silent Assassin, Contracts, and Blood Money, The Suffering 1 and 2, Manhunt 1 and 2

I'VE got a question for YOU.
Are Overlord 1 and 2 worth playing or should I just play one or the other and if so, which? I played some of 1 ages ago but didnt get that far at all. Kind of itching now since heroes rise against you.

pls respond

What is wrong with pillars?

APB:Reloaded LTL was pretty satisfying.

I am dead inside and need a MMO just to waste my life away.

I was going to check out Guild Wars 1 soon. No monthly subscription just pay for the game.

Also Savage XR and Savage 2. They have apparently top notch melee combat reminiscent of Rune, Severance, Die by the Sword, etc.

not him, I remember playing overlord 1 as a console kiddie and it was the shit. Tried playing it again recently and thought that it was shit.

Holy shit is guild wars 1 still alive?

i thought so? then again it was recommended to this guy asking for single player RPGs and the guy said you can play it solo, but he implied it's still active.

also, on the wiki, it says "Guild Wars IS an MMORPG" as opposed to "WAS" so maybe that's a hint too.

I'll totally play with you if you want, I just need to snag the game somewhere

just did a quick forum check (april 2017 was the time it was posted) and yes, it is still active though it'll mostly be veterans playing, or you can play with a buddy (or fellow autist from Holla Forums). you can also just do the missions single player and do the endgame with a guild (because you'll need to)

Give me the best couch co-op games you've got, either for the PC or that can be fairly easily emulated on a PC.

Since no one is responding on the correct thread, I'll post it here:

Basically, a /gsg/ game from ancient era to the present with POP like victoria II.

Princess Maker.

realpolitiks but the military mechanic is retarded
Superpower II might fit what you want.

master of the world geo politics but its UI is retarded.

halo 3

kirby superstar

easily emulated on pc unless you have a doorstop grade toaster:
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage 1&2
Forgotten Worlds
Gunstar Heroes
Contra 3 Alien Wars
D&D Shadow over Mystara
Double Dragon Sega Master System
River City Ransom

Dunno if this is the correct thread to ask, but I know some of y'all have played Graviteam games before.

Wondering what a good initial operation for Mius-Front is. I've played a ton of Operation Star, but just want something not too difficult, as an ease in to the new game.

Basically, I want to know what the easiest campaigns are. I don't want to be trying to learn on the Mius Front equivalent to Sokolovo for context, that's the campaign you play if you want to have your throat shit down by flamethrower equipped tanks. I just want to throw tanks and infantry around carelessly, so I can get the new movement / artillery / control mechanics down. I have the DLC campaigns, if that's relevant.

Does anyone have the Holla Forums's recommendation charts? Preferably the one about the decent games released in the past 7 years.

You mean like these that have been already dumped?

No, I mean the 2016-2017 chart

Bloody hell calm down pal that's some pretty intense horror

Thanks for the suggestions I'll give them a go, but to be honest I was looking for some shooters that use Nazi Germany as the player's faction. There was that arma mod but since the last update the uniforms are broken.

bump. So, does this mean I've already played all GSG and I could kill myself, reincarnate, and re-experience everything with freshness?

Definitely try out the Graviteam titles.

Think of an assburgers tier Total War, but set in WW2, and instead of a grand map, you've got individual operations.

Bit of a learning curve, but once you get it down, it's good shit.

t.>>13595380

Ahh okay looks interesting I'll check it out, thanks pal!

I'm basically searching for a game in English that is kind of like Princess Maker but you care for an highly autistic waifu/daughteru.

not autistic but long live the queen?

I still don't have a GSG rec.