Meme firearms in vidya

Post firearms that appear in video games that you simply cannot escape.
Just to name a few

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/G11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where the fuck do you encounter P90s outside of maybe CoD? I wish I'd see them more often.

I actually can't recall many games that feature any of those besides the P90 released in the last 3 years, though admittedly I've also played very few of them either so I'm probably wrong. The error of portraying the M1/M1A1 Thompson even having the option of a drum mag surprisingly doesn't come up that often either.

I actually really miss seeing plain M16A2's and the MP5 because they have that cool 80s/90s aesthetic before the full takeover of having rails and optics on fucking everything.

generic assault rifle
generic pistol
generic "high powered" pistol
generic smg
generic shotgun

shooters are so gay

and the list goes on and on and on. ever play vidya, user?

Battlefield 2, almost every Tom Clancy game, Black, Timesplitters 2 (sort of), Joint Ops and Counter Strike are just a few of the games it appears in.

It's been a decade since I last played BF2 but I don't remember seeing a P90 in there. Neither do I recall one in Fallout (One and Two).

It's a early-mid game weapon in F2

BF2 had a P90 as an unlockable weapon for the anti-tank kit in the base game and the default weapon of the anti-tank kit of the EU forces in an expansion. Fallout 1 didn't have the P90, but Fallout 2 did.

It was an unlockable weapon for the anti-tank class.

Hey OP, i didn't see any AK variant on your list… Should i assume you just made this thread to talk shit about those rare guns? Faggot…

Well shit, I must be getting alzheimers.

I too miss the days when guns were just guns and not a fucking LEGO set.

Only brought up 5 because I wanted a picture to go with every gun on the list. Yes, Kalashnikovs appear fucking everywhere. AK-47, AK-74u and Dragunov SVD being the most common in vidya.

Ahh yes, Mr. "Lv. 2 pistol" himself

/thread

Why hasn't anyone posted that russian bolt action rifle from ww2? You can also make it blue tiger if you're truly l33t.

Oh… than sorry for being blunt. Anyway what about level 1 pistols?

Does the folded stock let you fire both barrels too?

So is there anything actually wrong with the P90 or do people just hate it because it looks funny?

Those pistols aren't memes, dumbass. They're used by basically every country in the world, so of course they're ingames. A "meme" gun would be shit that isn't really common at all, but ends up being in everything.

Caliber

Overpriced.
Meme cartridge.
Just kind of funky. No one actually hates it, but you get a lot of backlash against the sort of cod kiddies and mall ninjas that honestly claim a .223 projectile fired with less powder out of a shorter barrel somehow performs better than an AR15.

It's a fine gun for what it's designed to do, which is a personal defense weapon. It's just overused in everything.

That's not a FAMAS

It's also used heavily pretty much anywhere noncombatants can be found due to its low collateral damage. That means law enforcement and counterterror/hostage situations.

stop projecting you faggot just because your dick doesn't shoot bullets doesn't mean the rest of us can't

TRIGGERED

But this is a thread complaining about guns. Are you so insecure the very sight of firearms makes you mad enough to shitpost?

I am sick of seeing the Rpg-7 everywhere. Sure, millions were made and surplussed to every dumb ass in the world.
But hundreds of other rocket launchers are exist. A lot of them are just tubes, how hard is that to model?

Goldeneye you smegmabreathed nigger elemental.

It does what it was designed to do and would have seen wider adoption if not for Germany derailing standardisation for commercial interests. Vidya just overuses it in incorrect roles (i.e. frontline combat).

Thats like saying M4s and M14s are basicly the same because both were made in america.

Hello No Gun.
It would interest you to know that the gun only shares aesthetic unity with the AK platform, and has many, many differences.

It could always be worse, imagine if they made a general purpose missile launcher out of a Stinger, oh wait

No, some people just hate Stargate.

Lies, no one hates Stargate.

Most of those titles are totally fine for the P90 to use because

OP, you dumbass.
The Chicago typewriter is the M1921 and M1928 versions of the Thompson.
The A1 was made only for WW2, had a simplified locking mechanism, cheap stamped welded on sights no cutts compensater or cooling fins on the barrel, and couldn't accept a drum magazine

Fallout 1 had mostly fictional weapons that fit the setting, Fallout 2 went full /k/. Don't even get me started on Fallout Tactics, I might post all of their weapons.

The rest of their more contemporary weapons.

LOL

Deagle is the most meme magnum. The real magnum rarely gets the attention it deserves.

Fallout 2's arsenal was full autistic. Most of the guns are useless. The .45 and caseless guns are all useless. And if I recall, there are 2 types of double barrel shotguns in the game? Like what's the purpose.

Yep, and now let's look at Tactics and see what they've got in store for us, shall we then?

Not done yet, far from done.

Not even halfway through.

This is maybe the one thing Fallout 3 and 4 have going for them; the guns are actually scrapped together and shit. They really seem like post apocalypstic bullshit.

Did you know tactics was made by Aussies?

Also I am skipping all the fictional guns.

too bad tactics is shit, had lots of potential to become a REAL fallout 3

I really never liked that direction change between Fallout 1&2. Although the presence of real firearms in New Vegas seemed pretty well done.

I liked Tactics, it was a good enough game for me, nothing too special tho.

And that's it, reminder I skipped all the melee and fictional weapons.

i meant it's a shit fallout game. for a game on its own it's ok.

I think NV has too many guns and ammo types as well. While it's a kind of nice change of pace from FO3's more limited arsenal, I find it annoying. The gunplay is still garbage so having more guns didn't really improve much.

But thatt's reserved for 3 and 4.

Fallout Tactics at least that Fallout cheesiness to it, unlike the bethesda counterparts. But yeah, I get you.

These 2 seem to always show up.

more games need the FN FAL tbh

The Jackhammer has a whole story behind it for why it shows up everywhere. Basically a really expensive prototype that went nowhere, and the guy started renting it out to video game modelers and shit who were looking for a unique looking weapon.

I haven't seen many AA12s rolling around. Shame there aren't as many DP-12s though, such a gamey gun with the whole double-barrel pump action, makes perfect sense for shooter games.

To be fair to the FO2 devs, divergent timelines dictated by the progression of computer technologies doesn't necessarily mean other technologies were also completely divergent. New Vegas also took this approach by having era unique weapons but also standard weapons such as the Browning HiPower and Remington 870.

Fallout 4 has the best combat in a Fallout game.

I think he was talking about how there's so many modern guns in good condition. In Fallout 3 and 4 they actually had scrappy looking weapons that looked jerry-rigged by people who were desperately trying to make weapons.

maybe if level scaling and random loot didn't fuck it all up. i borrowed a console copy of it to give it a try and i got a "legendary megacock shotgun" from some kinda of 'longdick radroach" in the second area i explored that carried me through the whole game and was stronger than most endgame weapons

the only good thing fallout 4 did was let me shoot my dad in his deathbed to prevent having to enter dialogue

Which was retardation in and of itself, especially the pipe weapons in 4 that looked like they would have blown up in the users hand before they got through a single mag. Also FO3 did have the H&K G3 in it.

I haven't even played the game, and I know the guy in the deathbed was your son.

YOU.WERE.THE.DAD.ALL.ALONG

Well, mods admittedly fixed it this time. Mods can't fix the gunplay of NV.

Only a literal retard would play FO4 for the plot/story/dialogue.

Are you implying that fact was worth paying attention to?

Not entirely, but the game rubs this kind of shit on your face as a reminder. Kinda hard to miss I would assume, given how the whole D A D thing was handled in Fallout 3.

You're right, I had just spaced it out because by about halfway through i kept pressing the X button in all dialogue because that was the designated "move quest forward" button

I remember when I played Fallout 3 for the first and only time. That game was fun a HELL for the first hour or so, before you became way too leveled and everything was easy as shit.

Understandable.

not even trying, todd.

I agree, for all the behtesda fallouts, even 4. the first hour or so is really fun, finding new shit is fun and gathering a bunch of shit is fun and barely surviving early encounters is fun. shame it always falls apart

That's an MP5A3, you gotta /k/.

We already have one of those threads, why make a new one? P90 was named in the other thread too.

Fallout 3 would be fun with actual FPS mechanics. The interior level design is like a corridor shooter and the overworld has many objects players can use to take cover and strategically flank. Too bad they were so keen on making it an FPS-RPG hybrid and implemented the anti-fun VATS system instead of working on actual gunplay mechanics.

I'm shilling for FROST, not FO4 itself. Because FROST really is some of the best survival shooter out there. Just torrent the game for God's sake if you don't want to give Zionmax your well earned bucks. The torrent version is the only one with working script extender anyway, now that Creation Club has kicked in.

KF2 has both. The DP-12 isn't very viable, but is a step up from the spawn-in pump you get as support. It's fun that you shoot both barrels then pump to put two new shells in the barrels.

fallout 3 would be fun if it was an actual fallout game. isometric, turn based, had an actual RPG system, etc.
it's such a shit game it's not even worth the bandwidth. also the best survival shooter out there is STALKER.

No one posted a street sweeper. That was the ultimate meme gun.

This is the third gun thread we've had within a week. I love it.

The VATS system wasn't bad in itself, but they should have gone whole hog with one or the other. Either base the combat mainly around that, or limit it more than what they did and turn it into a limit break type thing that you only get the chance to use based on how much you hit enemies.

It feels so right, like a lonely dick and a hungry vagina.

I wish more tommy guns were more popular.
They are so fucking cool.

its pretty great

Cheeky fucker.

i lifted this from a webm compilation because i couldn't find the original and tried to cut that one out but missed it by a frame and said fuck it

No, that would be shit you memer. It took like 15 minutes just cleaning rats in FO2. And look how shitty the RNG is.

But FROST is great.

Unmodded stalker? Survival my ass. There are some good survival mods out there though that also fix the ass gameplay. But Misery isn't one of them.

It's not wrong, but it's just boring you know. It could've been bullet time instead.

This is why OFP was the best. Wood aesthetics are normally better too.

Taken from a /k/ thread a little while ago

M16A1 is superior to A2. I love that smooth fore armguard.

Also, Fallout 2, Tactics, and NV's guns have way too much plastic despite according to the lore plastic is extremely scarce due to the oil crisis. Fallout 1, 3, and 4 did the right thing by making all their guns entirely made of metal and wood.

I had some good experiences with VATS that made it a lot of fun. Just giving you bullet time would have been pretty bland all things considered.

That's because Bethesda have a fundamental misunderstanding of Fallout as a post-apocalyptic game when it's actually a post-post-apocalyptic game: it's set after faggots have rebuilt functioning societies. 1, 2 and particularly NV all made a conscious effort to show that new production of firearms was very much a thing and if you have proper guns around you don't make homemade shit instead.

Try this on for size user.

Not a rocket luncher, it's a recoilless rifle

RPG's look like AK-47's, of course their popularity is going to be enduring.

I love this piece of garbage

So quick question to /k/ommandos: what gun actually was that in OW THE EDGE?

I want it

It's a shitty meme of a gun irl, the original meme gun of (((hollywood))) action heroes.

Because this is a Holla Forums thread, not a /k/ thread.

t. faggot who is butthurt he didn't buy one when they were dirt cheap

Literally only HL does that, and in neither HL game does it have a folded stock (aside from the HL1 HD edition which does not count obviously)

wat?
Most of the guns in NV were made out of wood and metal

If you think that's cool, you'll think this is even cooler.

It was basically made to be a meme. No one ever asked for it, it's was *made* to be stupid and ostentatious.

If you think that's cool, you'll think this is even cooler.

It was basically made to be a meme. No one ever asked for it, it's was *made* to be stupid and ostentatious.

Wasn't the desert eagle a vanity project to show off Israel's wealth?

I wouldn't be surprised, but think it was actually meant to be useful.

I thought it was developed as a fairly easy to carry solution to giving a checkpoint guard a way to easily pierce an engine block with small arms fire. Maybe it was actually a good idea at the time, but that still doesn't sound all that practical.

You forgot: Generic .44 revolver.

The only game where I got to see a G11 was Advance Wars. Any games that use this gun?

Here my man.

I will always find the M16A2 with the wide M203 handguard pleasing to the eye.

Someone done fucked up.

Fun fact. The SPAS being shit meme is from hollywood. They ran their prop guns so fucking hard without replacing critical parts (a buffer that degrades and needs to be replaced every few years or 10,000 rounds) that they started to develop cracks in the receiver.
In reality, once the initial quirks were worked out or removed, the SPAS became a workhorse for operators like the Coast Guard's boarding teams. If you wanna shit talk the Coast Guard, go look up their drug interdiction operations.

Fuck my double posting niggerdick

… that's an MP5SD6, what kind of /k/ are you?

Come to think of it I've never seen SW 500 wristbreaker in any game, but I don't play that many shooters.

The P90 is a literal meme gun in CS.

but OP why would i want to "escape" the top tier gentlmens spray cannon the P90? shoots 50 little armor piercing bullets in just 3 seconds.

yeah pretty much, its a semi auto shotgun which isnt a big deal these days, but a bullpup shotgun that looks kind of like a famas is pretty cool visually speaking.

gun was fun as fuck in thing thing.

interestingly the spas can be operated semi auto, the pump action is just so it can use specialty rounds if needed, but its almost always depicted as pump even for buckshot.

At least, it could be used for hunting or something.
Would be interesting to see a LAR Grizzly Mark I and RSH-12 in vidya.

There is no post-WW2 firearm more beautiful than a M16 with wood furniture.

imfdb.org/wiki/G11

The only game I've seen it in semi-auto is STALKER

It's a piece of shit, user. They had to remake it three more time just so people could start considering it to be an AK-47 competitor, and no assault rifle compares with the AK-47.

this is bait

beautiful, now see what some ingrate of a son did to his dad's 1911

fuck "balancing"

Kalashnikov himself supposedly contributed to the design, but it can hardly be called a "Kalashnikov" just because of that.

God damnit, user

I realize as I type this how absolutely retarded it sounds, but I'm committed to this course…
I just noticed that all SMGs and Rifles are just pistols with more bits piled on. Like there's a pistol in there and then there's just lots more "gun" type stuff stacked all around it.
It makes perfect sense - why reinvent the wheel when shit works just fine - I'd just thought that each category of gun would start from a completely novel and unrelated base for some idiotic reason.

Most games barely feature multiple shotguns at all. Instead you get a wide selection of almost identical 5.56 ARs and maybe a few AK variants if you're lucky.

In popularity and durability, there isn't any competition.

And when it gets feature, has a insane spread and laughable range with loss of damage at 2 feet away.

AKM and an M16A1 both get dropped in thick mud, which one do you reach for, user.

カード面を下に置きます

The M16A1 is sexier, so muh dick chooses for me. Now if it was an M4 that would be a different story.

Pre-tacticool ARs > AKs > modern ARs.

you can get banned for ban evading, you know

I liked Warface.
Liked.

That kind of thing is so weird. I recently went back and played CoD: WaW multiplayer and I was amazed at the innocuous little things that seemed to make people really angry if they died to it but they simultaneously wouldn't bat an eye to the ridiculous no effort hipfire spray2win SMGs that dominate the whole game.

I'd reach for the M16 because its a closed bolt system & can stop mud getting into the action. AKs are only good in dusty environments

But the direct impingement system is dirty as fuck and requires more maintenance when using shitty ammo, the piston introduces even more problems as it damages the bolt over time.
Open bolt systems mean the bolt is held back when ready to fire while closed bolt systems the bolt is flush to the chamber. What you're thinking about is that the M16 has a dust cover that can be closed entirely while the Kalashnikov has the side of the bolt exposed for charging.

*the piston modification

The dust cover on an m16 is a nifty little extra, the tolerances are so tight on the bolt & receiver that very little can actually get into the system, they are far more reliable than you would think. And if we were dealing with the aforementioned "dropped in mud" scenario, the winner is the m16 hands down.

pretty sure there is a LAR mod for Insurgency
there are a lot of obscure gun mods for that game

The AK's wide tolerances and loose build lets dirt, mud and dust into the gun where it can congest and jam up the rifle faster than you can say "Slavshit" Nevermind the huge gaping hole behind the bolt carrier. AR is infinitely better as its tight tolerances keep dirt from getting in to begin with, and any dirt that does is blown out by the positive pressure of the Impingement.

M16A1, because it's only been dropped in mud, not lathered in it and the 5.56x45 is a lot better in almost every way than the 7.62x39, not to mention that the M16 is a lot more accurate and isn't covered in wood

forgot the colt 607 car-15 submachine gun

Incoming AK fanboy butthurt.

How come did M1919 not become a meme? It's insanely huge and powerful yet portable and wieldable. There's supposed to be more games with this gun. The only one I can think of is Terminator: Future Shock.

Most rifles are either bolt, lever, or gas operated actually. That makes them different from pistols.

It's one of the best guns in Goldeneye.

It's like the shotgun range bullshit. Most people look at that and see an LMG, and they've got it in their head LMG's are inaccurate, 2-ton bullet hoses that are only worth anything if they set up with a bipod or some other bullshit.

Tbf, hip firing isn't very accurate to begin with. Nevertheless, it's accurate and controllable in Terminator Future Shock, and it's the only projectile gun powerful enough to take down the endoskeletons.

Both

I wish there were more "Chicago typewriters" in vidya.

That was a painful way to kill a meme.
Guess shitty loads and low quality ammo is the only way to nerf the AR15 platform.

That and fucking with the metallurgy of the weapon and not issuing fucking cleaning kits to cut corners and save some pennies. There's a lot of ways to kill an AR, but it gets way too much shit. It is a very well designed system, despite some of the problems.

I'd argue every new design has to go through teething issues. I'd actually argue the M60 was the more flawed design of the 1960's US military.

Yeah, there was improvements that the original didn't have that wasn't the fault of the ammo, metallurgy, or lack of cleaning kits. But that's what killed people, not the fact that the 3 prong flash hider broke.

Scarface is the reason everyone is so afraid of the most basic bitch model of rifle in the world.

Embed explains why the M16 has a bad rep, and then does a mud test that blows the AK out of the water. Actual test starts at 12 minutes.

The M16 was a fantastic gun. It being bad is just a dumb meme sparked by an incompetent logistics department who tried to save money during Vietnam.

The M16 is less likely to jam.

Even when slathered in mud it'll work better than an AK

RIP Dylan and Eric

Rest in Pieces Gay Dudes. You'll forever live on in the schlick fantasies of really ugly girls with mental problems.

The FAL next door.

That mud test is the single most retarded thing Ian has ever done. It doesn't show anything others than how open the action of the rifle is. Also worth saying, filling up a rifle with mud is not a realistic scenario, casualy dropping it in water or a natural muddy surface is, not lubricating the thing for extended periods of time is a good test, sustained fire is a good test. You're supposed to simulate reasonable adverse conditions, not retarded shit.

Confirmed for not watching the mud tests. Plus, plenty of people do other stress tests. It just turns out that Ian and Carl aren't looking to fucking ruin their guns to find that out.

You say that but I see this thing in so many fucking FPSs it's not even funny

GLOBAL REPORT FOR JEW.

Unless you fire it while submerged it works.

Been there done that. Still shoots.

It's well known that the AR jams when fired completely dry, but to become that dry it would take a really long time. It's absolutely not recommended to fire any gun with moving parts completely dry anyway, always lube any gun extensively after you buy it.

There's of a video where an AR15 stood like 900 rounds of continuous firing until the barrel got shredded due to the extreme heat, the rest of the system still stayed completely intact. I suppose it can stand a lot more with sustained firing.

The stoner rifles are famous for their reliability and great environmental resistance, it's what they were engineered to be in the first place. Soldiers' reports on practical use are satisfactory. It's the main reason why the army stayed with them for almost 60 years.

user this is just perfect, don't feel ashamed!

Guys, now image a liberal symbol a dragon dildo made by the same fashion and care while this exact soft music playing in the background.

If you got a boner then you should fuck off… faggot!

I watched all of them. Now come back with an actual argument.

Every single stress test I've seen shows the failing point (due to extreme heat build up) is the gas tube. A stress test on a brand new gun won't kill the barrel completely.
I'm not saying it is a bad gun by any mean, but it does have some durability downsides. It is a very closed system, that's great to keep shit out and it was common feature of stoner's rifles, but you're trading off something: the gun is very lube dependant (when compared to more open guns with better clearance between parts and a more violent action). Some sand conditions can be harsh on it and water in the gas tube can lead to critical failure. It is also very lightweight, few guns can compete with the AR on that aspect.

The concept was pretty fucking good. Too bad it didn't take off. Shit looks nice too.

M16's gas tube is easy to replace and really cheap. It can take lots of thousands of rounds before failing, and it's mostly due to ammo's residue clogging it up and not dirt from outside. I've never heard of sand being a problem for the long barrel AR's. Shaking the AR for a bit right after taking it out the water makes it safe to fire. And even if it's lube dependent, it still takes a very long time for the lube to dry off completely as I said. There are maybe a few minor downsides, but practically, it's still one of the most durable rifles ever made.

I think they show up in resident evil 1.

Have any games heavily featured a hi-point aka "Im going to rob a liquor store" starter pack.

fucking anti-gun liberals

also , >game set in current year , redacted location

Fug you man hi point is a good gun

Thats why a variety of semi-autos would be nice, M1024 gets used to death while M3 Super 90 and Spas-12 dont use the semi-auto config.
Not counting mag feed pump-action shotguns.

If you don't know remember this then you are a newfag.

Forgot this pic.

you mean MP5SD6?

the S&W 500 kind of became the top dog magnum in RE games for a short while, before capcom decided that licensing guns was for gays and that making up goofy frankenguns was better

hey man, zastava rifles are pretty expensive

tbh the M4 isn't in enough games, nor are the rest of the benellis and other pasta shotguns

Post the video where he can't aim for shit.

WHAT IS THIS MONSTROUS

Oh son, you don't know.

the devs for army of one: 40th day or whatever held a weapon design contest, and the top 3 or some shit most voted ones would get put in the game

so /k/ designed the grand pinger, and reddit designed some gay gun designed some

you need an army of one 1 save to be able to purchase it though

Not that either are bad games. They're alright. Not amazing, but servicable bro-op shooters. I miss them.

true visionaries

That's not the word you are looking for, m8.
Tolerance is a manufacturing parameter, you could have an AK or even a Sten with very low tolerance. The word you're looking for is clearance (as in clearance between parts).

Colt Anaconda, actually.

It makes for a great Bullet hose ins Payday 2 (Rip).

It was Pissed Pablo who came up with it obviously had to get the votes from Somewhere.

I miss them too. Shamed they ruined it with the third installment that no one remembers.

God that game was horrendously bad. Couldn't hit jack shit in it, and the price for weapon upgrades was just nuts.

You know I threw in an unscoped schnugget into arma 3 just for laughs or a challenge.

But the "meme sniper" configuration is very very played.

Chromed shotguns were a HUGE meme in 90s at least in a lot of the mods for games I played.

Saint's Row 2.

Why was chrome so popular back then on weapons? I remember seeing it on pistols 'n' shit, too.

because badass characters in movies, same thing with shooting sideways

Pimped gats was the tacticool of yesteryear, an extension of 80s bling.

God the mp7 is made of sex

CLEVER GIRL

Exactly.

The S&W 500 was in at least a couple of Hitman games as well.

QUICK ANONS!
POST RAIFUS!

THIS IS MY WAIFU

Hoo boy!

TIME FOR FAL'S!
Anything else is objectively wrong

Need more Mafia games. Real Mafia III never ever!

So everything popular is a meme?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The AK…
Because on the AK you just have to pop the dust cover, turn it upside down hit the fucking thing until whatever was jamming it is gone in fifteen seconds… Even removing the bolt and everything then pour your fucking canteen down in it takes less than a minute and then you can resume firing.

While the SLIGHTEST firing incident on the meme-16 can mean you're basically fucked.
Step 1: Gun goes click.
Step 2: Rack the bolt to eject the bad round/see what's wrong.
Step 3: You remove the magazine, open and lock the bolt, try to get the cartridges stuck to fall from the magazine well. By hitting it on the floor/top of the rifle.
And that's the MOST BASIC thing that can go wrong, trying to fix shit on the meme-16 can snowball faster than on any other rifle and then you're out of a rifle.
While a rusty AK and FAL will stay on the fight as long as you have ammo and scrap to rig a solution to whatever problem crops up.
FFS it's the only rifle with a built in additional button to try to stop some of the known ammo issue to prevent the double feed effect, because it's the only firearm in the history of mankind where if you try to eject an unspent round (which is a perfectly common action even if the rifle is working perfectly) you might actually BREAK the piece of shit. As in rendering the whole rifle non-functional.
Thank God it's actually hard to jam, because if on top of it it wasn't it would be a fucking Chauchat!

Just to trigger mud test enthusiasts further, in the AR tests the mud is shaken off first. In every other test it isn't.

DELETE THIS

Ian and Karl must be 5.56 cucks

Mud on the outside of the gun really has no effect on the INTERNAL workings of a firearm, you retard.

noguns get out of /k/ threads.

Once you start firing the gun, shit gets inside the action and gums up the works on nearly everything. Only the AR-15/M16 has shown itself to resist mud tests, but sand tests are the ones that they have trouble with.

It's still a piece of shit gun. It works, but god damn look at how badly it bucks despite weighing more than a fucking 1911. If you need a gun and you're broke, fine, but you get what you pay for.

Truth is painful, isn't it? Here's the G3 one for comparison. Proof positive that G3 > FAL

Actually, the AR-15 doesn't give a shit about sand and dust either. The direct impingement system means the receiver has positive relative pressure during ejection, so the dust really doesn't have a path into the action.

Stylish FAMAS

FAMAS is one of the few bullpups I can tolerate in terms of ergo Being 6'3"+ does have it's downsides, the action isn't fucking huge like the AUG and Tavor, the sights might be raised, but on a rifle made for multiple ranges, this makes more sense. It does have problems though. The action, after the break in period, is so violent it will shear the rims and bases off spent brass. The French have to use steel case as a result, meaning you have to be Astartes-tier religious with your cleaning rituals.

They probably should just start slapping FELIN uppers on all guns over time, though, to allow lower sights, a scope rail that isn't in fucking orbit, and maybe consider adding some side rails or some shit. Somewhere to put a damn flashlight that doesn't interfere with the forehand's grip on the weapon.

Are you being a deliberate dumbass? Of course mud has no effect on internal workings, but when it can easily enter the gun it can. So far only the AR tests are shown to have no mud anywhere near a position when firing that it can enter the gun as it is shaken off first when in other tests it isn't.

you sound like you know your shit, why are the sights on the FAMAS so high up anyway? surely you wont be engaging at any range that would benefit from having the irons that high up with irons anyway right?

Two reasons.
1: Because bullpups can't cant their stocks downward like an AK does (Truth be told, I hate the AK's sights for being so fucking low. There's a happy middle ground to be sure)
2: Gas masks

Mud isn't going to make ingress when you fire, moron. The only ingress period is when the mud is actively on the weapon before it's shaken off. And the FAL had it's mud shaken off (The mud was added to the ejection side first, then flipped), and the G3 video showed them shake the slop off as well, because surprise, no shooter is going to operate a weapon without being able to work and observe the fucking safety.

no facelets allowed

They're nice guns, I'll give you that. But the engravings give you no tactical advantage whatsoever.