Webm Thread: Season Pass Edition

Last webm thread is on page 13
Post your webms/mp4s and have fun

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DWGrW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

previous webm thread

archive.is/DWGrW

took me two hours to render this shit, and the audio is still crappy.

I see San Francisco retards wasted no time in, well, being retarded

Anyone know what the tune from webm related is from?

hypothermia is a btich.

I have a fetish for "cold" girls, love how their skin turns red and how they desperatly try to find something warm.

recreated that one, works a lot better with blur turned off.

Holy shit that's depressing.

How many times have you fapped to "The Little Matchstick Girl?"

How is that depressing? I am not talking about girls dying from cold, I don't have an actual hypothermia fetish, I just like it when they get a little bit cold and their cheeks and nose turn red.

not a single time, that shit is depressing.

Reminder that we were denied these badasses and instead got heaps and heaps of faggotry.

Me too, tbh.

Castlevania is video games?

As you can tell I'm a christmas whore

Also fuck Halloween

Anyone got webms of that qt autistic jp girl?

The turkey scene scared the shit out of me when I was a kid

We missed you audiophile user

He's here like every thread

that's the motivation I needed to continue. Downloaded 12 more videos like a week ago but didn't turn them into webm's yet.

it's amazing how bad actors are in dubs

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's an example I'm sure you've heard a thousand times before

"Wow Spanish women/men their accent is so hot oh my god I can listen to them talk all day long wow so good"

and if you don't know what I'm talking about then you are one of those "both sides are bad!" retards and need to kill yourself

feel free to re-type that in english

I thought you didn't like dubs?
: ^ )

Is that the animoo about massibve amount of Loli and shota suffering with no story since all the areas are just excuse plots for the artist to draw weird shit to make lolis and shotas suffer?

I don't like your sentence because it flows like a dub, it's missing the tone shifts and audible breaks as punctuation which give a sense of pacing and structure to the statement. This can be achieved in writing through punctuation or use of certain words.

there's a pretty heavy story with some very refreshing themes, whoever told you that was memeing on you

Its suffering with story, pretty good stuff

I made perfect sense, you're being obtuse due to weeabo

If you spent your whole life watching Uwe Boll like films from Germany/UK in native russian and then were exposed to a micheal bay film in english, if you then proclaimed "Oh my god all american english made movies are far superior to anything else" You'd look retarded

Except that's the comparison you're making right now over voice actors, with no large frame of reference to japanese dialect or quality of dialect you simply assume it sounds better all the time simply because it sounds different

I mean I could list endless anime's where the english dub sounds far superior to the japanese dub, but all you would do is say "BUT THAT'S THE EXCEPTION" and try to dismiss it

lol i love cowboy beep boop and samurai beep boop where steve blum plays steve blum

IDs, stupid. Do you know how to use them?

Do we really need Holla Forums shit in here too?

No.

no can you show me, I was thinking only one person could be so stupid

good list man, really showed me, also don't forget dragon ball z cuz goku in japan sounds like an old woman and not (((sean schemmel)))

"I mean I could list endless anime's where the english dub sounds far superior to the japanese dub, but all you would do is say "BUT THAT'S THE EXCEPTION" and try to dismiss it"

I posted it again since reading is very hard for you to do

Maybe this time instead of quote mining and only taking half my statement to mind, take the whole statement to mind

I guess I'll give it a try then.

I can think of quite a few anime where either dub is acceptable but only a couple where the English is superior, would you mind posting…say… the first five that come to mind where the English is "far superior"

such a varied list that shows me there truly is value in english dubs, i mean just look at how they treat one of the biggest anime of the decade, I'm glad Madoka's mom no longer sounds like an older woman but a slightly older teenager than Madoka, really enhances and fits the tired, alcoholic-workaholic she is. Maybe instead of assuming my intentions actually fucking try for once in your life you shit.

I can think of one where the english dub is superior and that's golden boy, unfortunately it wasn't influential. the japanese is still nice and doesn't include the unfortunate female voice actors that were picked from penny saver ads.

Trigun
Ghost stories
FMA: Brotherhood
Desert Punk
Porco Rosso come instantly to mind as stand outs

ghost stories is a joke dub, but the rest of your list does show me that you are not merely shitposting, thanks
is the desert punk dub actually that good? I only recently watched t and I watched subs, gonna have to compare.

It's fucking hilarious

If you like Golden Boy and Ghost Stories, you will fucking love Desert Punk, voice acting and comedy is on the same level

my nigga. blew my mind when I watched it for like the 10th time last year with subtitles on for shits and giggles, and you get to see Scarecrow's full line before he gets tased.

posting some scrub level OC since it's a fighting OP. sorry for aspect ratio.

p fucking Holla Forums-core, two throw away joke dubs. trigun's english dub is some try hard "I'M ACTING!" garbage, and the shit they got to play Vash is remarkably flat in his delivery. It's baffling how anyone on Holla Forums of all places would prefer something with less intent from the original creators than more.

Now you're just F grade trolling

Here's an example, the series is amazing

If the list is endless surely you can produce 5 more that are actual improvements and enhance the directors original vision for the series and isn't just some hack job by inexpensive z-list actors. I mean, for them to do it without director supervision or feedback, surely they must be better and it can't just be that I, according to you, don't understand Japanese :^)

I'm glad he stifled his yell, made the emotional intent very much on-point

Some people also confuse bad sound design with bad voice acting. When they redub shows, they end up having a blatantly clearer or louder sound then the original sound effects or musical tracks because in some cases its just being played over it because someone was too stupid to record all the noises on a separate track from the voices. Its very jarring, but people attribute that to bad voice acting.

they can, but they would be wrong, that's an issue with audio compositing and either the studio didn't produce it right the first time around or the dubbing group botched it. I don't know enough about anime production to know the standards of work for animations that are decades old, especially when I'm sure they were all done differently.

it's a shame the western writer had to ruin it.

Cowboy Bebop
Princess Tutu
Ergo Proxy
Panty & Stocking
Cromartie High

You need to fucking stop

You know what, lets play your game, list japanese dub animes were the girls are not played by squeeky or cutesy wootsy voice actors and the female voice actors don't always sound like they're half crying or mad

You in five minutes struggling to find good anime that meets that criteria

so ya never watched the originals did ya

please just stick to adult swim and don't talk about anime

sauce

list:
all of em p. much

I prefer P&S japanese voices but most people went nuts over the dub since they say fuck and cunt a lot. I'll fight you on Cowboy Bebop, though. The dub is far superior.

Plastic Little.

None of you even know nipponese just watch the dub lol

You're not allowed to pick Cowboy Bebop because it is mostly Steve Blum

You now have to omit all anime that is primarily Steve Blum

Kinda like how I told him to omit all good anime that doesn't rely on squeeky voices or women who constantly sound like they're sad/crying/mad all the time

And then he'll say you're shifting goalposts as you applied bullshit criteria on him

no really have you watched the original cowboy bebop? the panty and stocking one is trash and a lot of the fun in the original was in the absurd pronunciation and absurd onomatopoeia present in the animation as well as the audio.

what I'm trying to get is why you'd like something that doesn't represent the creators original vision better? Do you also play NISA games?

I think that omiting steve blum and asking for non-squeaky females are both fair requests in a debate, but I agree they are shifting the goalposts

why do people like steve blum, all his roles sound the same

Why didn't he stop the train?

Did someone say Trigun!?

Zeta Gundam. How can the original compete against the genious delivery of Kamille's "I HATE YOU ADULTS AND YOUR LIES" delivery?

he dosnt have a huge range, but its not small either, it just seems like that because he is in so much stuff
his voice is good and he can act decently even if he cant disguise his voice, there isnt much better as far as dubs go unless you go and get english theatre actors like dark souls did or something along those lines

You can't just stop a train, and you sure as shit wouldn't stop it for some dumb bovine.

I imagine there's a lot of reasons, I don't know much about train braking, but I imagine the cow wasn't visible when it could have been done safely. There's also the consideration of time for the passengers as well as potential discomfort or harm in the case of sudden braking. What would be more valuable in this case? Dozens of passengers or a single wandering cow?

I'm not convinced, he isn't even acting, he's just being himself if you've ever heard him speak.

only cuz groups that produce dubs just tend to hire the same dozen actors and their friends.

Yes you can, he wasn't going fast at all, unless he's carrying a ridiculous load he had plenty of space to stop it.

It very likely did some damage, it's a big animal, he wasn't going at a speed that would ram it out of the way, it went under to get shredded.

damage would likely be pretty minimal all things considered. If I had to guess, trains are designed to hit cars in their worst case scenarios and a cow is a lot less tough than a car

He shifted the goal post to start, I simply shifted the goal post back in retaliation when he kept making more and more petty remarks for his criteria of "Quality"

I mean the faggot is shitting on first Steve Blum and now Johnny Yong Bosch? I mean what the fuck will he list next for "Terrible english dub" anime? That they spell the english voice actors names in english and not kanji?

Cars don't go under the fucking train or there would be the risk of derailing. A cow isn't going to derail a train but it's going to be bumping around under it.

I have another Mr. Bean episode I'd like to get as a webm, but I don't know how to condense them without making them go over the 30 MBs limit and they keep getting increasingly worse in quality. How do you get them to look alright?

yeah I didn't say they did, I imagine trains are designed to push these things away if anything, minimizing damage to the train and the car.

after a certain point I imagine it's as harmless as pebble considering the grinding the bovine is going through

Considering trains are designed to push through several tons of snow all the time and even through fallen trees a goat or a car means dick to a train

Trains that are supposed to go through snow are designed to go through snow.

cars and snow are very different materials, plus this

I'm not talking train plows, I'm talking regular snow

Plows only come out if the snow is higher than the half the height of the train, otherwise they just push through it

Reduce OPUS down to like 8 or 16kbit gives you a ton more space

No, it probably didn't.

Really, that is the main issue with most sub vs dubs debates. If you aren't a fluent speaker of the language, your mind "fills in the gaps" for you. You can't really even tell if the acting is good or bad aside from the most obvious audio ques.

vs
Will just come across as
little nuances like that become lost since that takes years to truly develop in language comprehension. As anyone who has gone to Germandy and it sounds like everyone is yelling and angry at them, when they are apparently just very loud.

On that note though, if I see a bunch of limey bastards speaking moon runes, I fine that shit jarring, and the reverse is true, if I see a bunch of ancient nips speaking english. Only exception I have is if I heard bruetiful engrish, which is of course an understanding that the acting is going to be fucked on arrival.

I pointed that out several times, he just kept saying "NO"

I mean here, have some terrible Harley Quinn voice acting

By the time a train can see something on the tracks it is already too late to stop, as most take a mile to stop from going full speed. There's also the fact that it would be hard to fully stop and then continue just for something that will barely do any damage to the train. At best he can blow his horn and hope whatever it is wanders off or he just hits it.

do you speak japanese? you must if you know that the dubbing in all anime is actually bad :^)

Where's the rest of pretty puridotto user?

Next he'll call this voice actor crap

No, but I've studied human behavior, like you said because you don't understand what is being said you only understand what you're hearing in the most basic level, thus "Everything" sounds good

Like I said before how everyone hears spanish and thinks "Wow, that's so sexy" simply because it's english with an accent, when to Spaniards where everyone talks like that it's just normal sounding dialect to them and not exceptional

There is better examples of English dubbing man
:^)

ah, an educated man.

I never said that.
what is your reasoning behind this? See, I hear it tossed around constantly as a way to delegitimize people or place them at an equivalency with those who do and do not listen to the original voice acting in anime, but I've never seen any proof or real argument. Your anecdote is fairly weak too - for the record spanish is a hideous language and I've never met anyone who finds it attractive. If anything I've met more people repulsed by it, but back to the point–

Not everything sounds good. There's certain cues, certain emotional tones that are innate to human expression and comprehension. Anyone (except maybe certain autists) can pick up on these things, it's literal instinct to be able to read these things. Which is why I said and qualified my point about Japanese actors. They don't just choose some shmuck because they are friends with others at the studio (which is why most english dubs are by the same handful of people) - there's popular ones they choose, there's qualified ones, but largely all of these actors aren't just anime voice actors. They usually have multiple skills they take on, and there's a quality to the work ethic there that isn't present in an industry where you'll always have a job because your friends work there.

This is getting to the cultural side of things, but I can't think that you aren't just making this argument out of ignorance and convenience. It's not hard to draw a comparison, however - think about how people work in the game industry. If you are making some shovelware movie tie in game, your name is still going to be attached to it, you'll be in the credits. If you are an animator, and the animations you did are shit (when in reality, you could be great if you care!) but when you go to apply elsewhere, they see it when they look into you, they'll invariably be disappointed. When you work in an industry where everyone is your friend so you'll always have a job, you don't have to give it your all. When you can and will be replaced because your performance is shit and your fans don't want it any more, you become a lot less marketable. There's actual pressure for these people to perform well.

Even then, back to the argument of being able to understand it or not - the directors directly understood what they want conveyed and they picked and directed the actors to get the results they wanted. How is that not the utmost ideal?

No you can't.
Here's a good rule of thumb : Whenever you try to understand trains and railroads by comparing them to a car, you are 100% sure to be dead wrong. It's an entirely different world. Even with going 30 km/h a train can barely stop in time to avoid impacting something in your line of sight, and that video is significantly faster than that. Train conductor is basically a no-skill job. Your reflexes can't account for shit on a train's inertia. You follow the signs given to you by people who have knowledge of the whole railroad and forget the very idea of individual responsibility.
t. train worker.

at least the pay's good, I hear

I'm in an office job actually, one that involves deciding the trains' schedule so I have to know everything about how the network works. I'm not paid a fortune but I'm a pretty frugal guy so it's much more than I need.
Of course I don't work in America so there's a significant chance it functions wildly differently over here.

I love that movie.

If it helps you any I was in a church choir as a youth and then choir in school plus band and as such also have a tuned ear and can tell when something is said in melody or not, and also some theater

I can sit here all day long and talk about how Izuku in the japanese dub of My Hero Academia is fucking terrible who often delivers his lines completely flat who actively speaks his emotions ahead of his lines because while he as the actor who knows the character will soon be scared is now talking out of place because the character actually isn't scared yet

How about Porco Rosso where the entire cast other that Porco and Donald deliver their lines terribly, Gina for example for some reason always sounds mad

Or Valentine in Cowboy Bebop where the japanese voice actor always makes her sound slutty, while english voice actor makes her sound manipulative and cunning with a touch of sadness?

Hell Kill la Kill by and by the english dub is way better?

Lets bring it up again, Ghost Stories original japanese dub is supposed to be a scary horror anime but all the voice actors were not only terrible they delivered everything flat as fuck, hence why it cratered like a comet despite good animation and good designs

I'm also going by the fact I've probably watched several hundred japanese dubs by now and can easily pick out good vs bad

go ahead then and describe the qualities of them. I don't watch shounen shit like my hero academia, and there is nothing wrong with Faye's Japanese actress. Ghost Stories is a bad example to use, it was a low budget childrens show that is only ever remembered because of a joke dub. A dub which isn't revered for the quality of acting. You can talk as much as you want about qualifications, but I'm really not seeing you mention anything everyone has seen pretty much.

I gave good examples, I'm not giving you 2 million other ones

Hell, Slayers anime the english voice acting Lina makes me want to blow my head off to relieve that headache, Maid Dragon english dub everyone sounds bored and retarded

and on, and on, and on

I'm not impressed or convinced with your examples. I'm thoroughly unconvinced of the idea that people who don't speak a language won't be able to pick up on the nuances of it. I'm recalling Silent Hill 2's casting. Done entirely by the Japanese, people who did not speak English primarily or probably very well at all. They picked the best people for the job after thorough casting trials. What did a Westerner say when he was in the same position you are right now, in terms of a re-dub? That they didn't know what they were doing when they picked those nobodies and they don't get English because the director was Japanese.

I don't think you know what you are talking about, and I believe your motive for downplaying the quality in a lot of anime is unsaid.

Those same people they picked for the redubbing of silent hill 2 were many of the same people who are cast for anime dubs. Their work is fucking awful.

boi I like talking about this shit, especially with goons who are fun to talk down to

Jesus christ, user gave an example of how everyone thinks germans sound "Angry" when that's just their dialect, I pointed out that everyone thinks spaniards sound "sultry" because that's their dialect, both dialects don't try to sound that way, but they just sound that way based on OUR language and how OUR language sounds, thus "Germans always sound angry" and "Spaniards always sound sexy"

How about how Koreans always sound angry? Like Indians always sound like they want to pick a fight?

And on, and on, and on, and on, you can't understand a word they're saying, but simply assume what they're saying on the most basic level, shouting = mad, soft spoken = sultry etc because of your dialect of english

I don't know how much more clear me and the other anons can be about this issue

Here, have Kronk interpreting this squirrel

ya and ur wrong and gay, dont know why you cant accept it but ur arguments suck

Yeah I did. Armstrong isn't that great.

based poles

Papa Nier was better.

someone post porn already god damn

Chris Guererro or whoever did the english All Might isn't that good truth be told, at least for All Might. He has this super deep manly voice that doesn't fit the jolly superhero. Armstrong's I suppose was alright, I didn't exactly watch the dub of Brotherhood.
I've heard some clips of Stardust Crusader's dub and I like the voice for Joseph. I think it's pretty fitting and I'm pretty sure I heard the VA in a game before, I'm just not sure which.

Obviously the German version was getting special attention, but I thought it would be fun to post.

Why are there always two (40)+ IDs spamming the same shittiest fucking unfunny, uninteresting, unrelated webms they can? Every single thread, literally. I just filter them as soon I as I see them at this point.

Have some of this filth you degenerate.

Best thing to come out of E3 in years.

I know man this guy has been doing it for a month now. He is also the same guy who makes archives of past threads for no reason.

How could you post something like this on a christian board?

My apologies sir, I didn't know this was such a holy place. Please have this vanilla to make up for it.

"Give me an example

Ok another one

Ok now another one

Ok now another one

Ok give me another example

Can you give another example?

Give me another one

Got another example?

Can you tell me more examples?"

This thread conversation in a nutshell

k.

I didn't even post for almost three weeks, and I was only in this thread and part of the last two

How the fuck am I here every day?

Or could it be there's just anons that post tons when they show up

Count your blessings you could have the webm autist show up and post 80+ anime avatar pictures complaining about post quality

Here have some halloween stuff

I wasn't referring to you I was referring to the guy who is spamming boondocks and archer.
Yes there are people like that on this board. before there was a christian user who posted the same 20 webms/text/Images every thread.
Vidya autist is a different guy entirely, he never once posted a smug anime girl. But what he did do is post 50+ times with no webms, Create multiple duplicate threads titled REAL webm thread, and post pokemon and Jap commercials. No one can beat vidya autist in a competition on autism status.

Oh man I was there for that thread and the aftermath

Remember when everyone just complained about some guy posting 4+ anime meme songs, or 4+ 5-6MB 15 second clips of "Old lonely man" etc?

If only we knew how bad it could have gotten

VIDYA WEB'S ONLY

Unfortunately running out of Halloween stuff, not my favorite holiday

user that was three years ago. Nobody will remember this. Or the laughing quarks

I remember man. I remember it all.

That was good.

Have some 2015-2016 anons

fite me

God damn I can already tell when this plays over the credits I'm gonna have the dumbest fucking grin over my face.

You'd think an audophile would try to remove at least a bit of that background noise when making his videos

He isn't even using a proper mic, he uses his gopro.

Still easy to noise filter out

Post your ancient webm's

Grab a fucking broom and beat the shit out of him

Now if only the rest of the movie was as good as that ending.

40 seconds in oekaki

What the fuck am I looking at?

Dracula did nothing wrong.

No we didn't, fuck you.

awww, now you done it

lel, there is more to come

This is an industry that willingly hires people like Runka-Chunka Kira Buckland and Wendee Lee.

English VO sounds great for American/English shows. Not second hand dubbing where the same 40 year olds have to play semi-realistic sounding schoolkids.

To add, the dubbing industry seems to have a different set of people than the actual American cartoon VO industry.

And a bigger variety of voices. Apart from the same 6 people you see in absolutely everything.

At this point. At least waste your time making Report of the week webms and not this fucking guy.

sure, when this report of the week guy starts sharing decent 2d lewds in his videos.

just the 2 of us
or the intro to that stronger SU song

anyways have fun looking up that generic tone you anime faggot

Make your own shit instead, you waste of processing power and voltage.

I'd have to upgrade my hardware to do that, and the hardware market right now is very jewish. For now I will edit other people's vids. It's not like the rest of you shares OC gaming webm's, there was this guy who made those Rally and Summer Car webm's but I haven't him in ages.

Make your own short shit instead then.
I have a $60 thinkpad and I was able to make a couple of simple music webms on it.
And what the fuck are you talking about not being able to make stuff on your computer? You can render stupid shit you downloaded off youtube, rendering is the most resource intensive part of video making.

I thought you meant gameplay videos, I can do audio webm's too. I made these today and yesterday

Those are not downloaded off youtube or something, I made them in EA. And the attached ones are made by me too. If this is what you mean by OC then I have a shitload of OC. Those DSP vs Donkey Kong videos also required some editing.

This isn't just downloaded off youtube either, that slow mo repeat and music were added by me.

Checked, you are better

I've always wondered what that song was

Nightcore version of Rockefeller Street.

wew thanks. I should have asked sooner

there are 3 types of dub

look up what a cowpusher is

Does anyone have any golden age Chi Long Qua videos, like Peruvian Lion

Buckle Up

I couldn't get over her ripping off the OST from Return Fire

Sorry Satan, but those old videos are long as fuck. The batrider one is 16 mins for example.

Listen nerd, the only time and I mean the ONLY time Anime had a good VA for english was Ghost in the Shell. Thats it.

I love how those threads die instantly once they hit 300 post mark, waiting to succumb to the page 13.

Hey, I am always in here, posting, watching posted webm's and discussing if something interesting get's posted.

I am certainly not complaining, but it's an interesting thing that I've noticed.
People seem hate those audiophile or boondock posts that fill most of the thread up, but I stay indifferent. Some are perhaps saving those to repost later or just to have something to watch on a phone, who knows.
I wish I was bored enough to make webbums for others to enjoy myself. I have no content and I must repost.

When you have been here for ages and every webm thread are full of repost.

Is there a longer version of that webm?