Divinity OS 2

Do we have enough left in us for one more thread?

Man, is the last act of the game shitty. On the bright side, now I can stop playing on babby difficulty and actually get serious. I'm thinking about doing a Lohse lone wolf run where I pump Retribution and defense skills and just outtank everyone until they die. Not quite sure how that'll work, but I'm willing to give it a shot anyway. I'm pretty sure I like this game more than the first, but I really miss things like being able to actually argue amongst my party.

Who has the best armor and why is it the dwarves?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/1488861734103325226/?ctp=1
orogion.deviantart.com/journal/Save-the-Boob-plate-380891149
larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=625691
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/114/?
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/106/?
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/111/
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/85
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know who has the best, but I do know the lizards have some truly awful looking helms.
Then again, helms can just be hidden, and the sway of my lizard's loincloth as she walks is divine.

user, are you playing as a girl?
A lizard girl? Just to stare at her ass?

Because THICC Sturdy, user! Picture of health, living armor, comeback kid, points in warfare, constitution, and maybe that explode when you die shit, would all make a nice combination on a Dwarf!

+1 persuasion sounded like a decent racial to have on the main character, and the fire breath seemed fitting for a character that was to use pyrokinetics. There's already a male lizard, so female was the obvious choice.
The fact she's hot is only a bonus.

I guess you're teaming with the Red Prince, then?
My Lohse needs a healslut to take along with her, but I'm not sure. I've done Ifan, he's alright. Fane is interesting, but much less interesting once you've completed the game and know his twist, they really didn't have to namedrop him at the end there.
I'm torn between Beast and Sebille. Beast never struck me as particularly interesting, and Sebille is hilariously edgy. Can I scissor the edge out of her?

Does the Red Prince ever stop being obnoxious? I just started and I want to know if I should drop this fucker or keep him around.

+1 Persuasion is, indeed, hands-down, the single best racial stat bonus in the game.

You can sell anything without Barter, and 1 point gives a minimal bonus anyway. You can sneak without any points in Sneak, and again 1 point has a barely noticeable effect. You can't identify anything without Loremaster, but vendors can.

But Persuasion? You literally cannot pass normal persuasion checks without a point in Persuasion. It is literally the only racial stat that serves to allow you to use a game feature rather than making you slightly better at a game feature.

He's actually not as obnoxious as he seems, he gets much better pretty much right after you get off the boat.

If you have a ridiculous amount of points into one stat, then yeah, you can pass persuasion checks. But otherwise, fucking forget about it.

The game is ez kids and really good. Sebille is wife material.

Cuck

5 is very excessive, and is essentially a cheat mod, but I admit I do feel a bit annoyed with how scarce those points are. Maybe if it added two instead of five I'd consider it
For example, for thievery to reliably succeed you have to dump just about every civic point you get into that skill, but that means you can't put much or any into stealth. At the very least I would think those two should be able to coexist.

Big lizard titty mod when?

No thank you.

Fuck you, there's barely enough for a 4 man party, god help you if you run lone wolves.

Nothing about that is true. You're just bad at the game. Try thinking about character build before you type.

My Lone wolf playthrough never had a problem with anything related to civil skill.

I'm running solo and am constantly forced to reroll my civs between lockpicking, bartering and persuasion.
It's not cheating since game allows it, but it's a major pain in the ass.
Especially since the rest of civil abilities are completely 100% fucking useless and I never needed them once in 50 hours.
Do you still retain ability to freely respec whenever in 3rd act?

Soon, I will fuck her with Godwoken lizard dicks.

By the grace of dubs, so shall it be.

What kind of character could I solo the game with?

I am not sure this game can be solo'ed. On classic or tactian you will need at least one companion. Lone wolf is a must for that.

I noticed they respawn on necrofire so I tried removing it with bless/tornado then flooding each room with rain. But they are still fucking respawning by the couch to the left of the entrance (right up the stairs). There is no fire there, but they keep spawning anyway. Tried blessing them before killing them too and still nothing. My guys are tough enough that it is not like they are threatening, but they are annoying as fuck since the fight won't end.

Also tried luring them outside, thought getting them away from the building might work, but then the entire paladin defense force shows up to try and murder me for god knows what reason. Oh and I purged all the bodies inside thinking maybe they had something to do with it but no luck. Anyone have a clue on what to do here?

FFS
Reminder that you can filter by ID.

I'm playing on classic and am somewhere in the middle of a 2nd act and I never had any party memebers apart from cat summon.
Basically I'm a melee guy so maxed warfrare and around 50 str. The rest I reroll once in a while to accommodate to gear and always have access to utility spells like teleportation and uncanny evasion.
I had big trouble a couple of times, but in the end pulled through with grenades, scrolls and other JoJo-tier bullshit.
When game pulls cheap shit on me like suicidal NPC that I need to save I cheese it back by teleporting faggot somewhere he can't be hurt and such.
It's both fun and doable and I don't need to micromanage a band of faggots, just myself.

Pretty sure tactician is unsoloable though, but never tried it.

Yeah: ignore it. That shit is legit bugged, like half of the rest of Arx.

holy shit, that's some really impressive spam

To elaborate. my big troubles were
1 - skeleton dwarf necromancer.
I had shit build at the time and rerolled all my dual wielding into warfare and wrecked the faggot without needing to change tactics, gear or level up.
2 - Saving some faggot ass elf from the rope where a whole fucking army of necrofired oilings spawn.
Holy fuck.
I teleported the faggot beforehead so he ran away, and then lured the entire combat to the gates where neutral magisters helped me with oilings.
It was nasty ass battle, but again doable with a bit of cheese.

Filter it.

Lohse isn't as bad as I thought she would be

Well that sucks. I was really enjoying this for the most part until Arx. This place is just terrible.

If you can only have one pick persuasion. Going into Act 3 you should be maxxing one of non-combat skill and moving on to your next one. Lockpick is not needed at all.

The mirrior is always available just try not to abuse it unless you are stuck.

I really liked the whole "piece everything together to figure out how to get to the last boss" aspect, I just wish they had done it better and half of the shit wasn't obtuse. I stumbled into most of the story just by going around and exploring everything. Plus random townspeople have upwards of 6000 HP, which is just ridiculous.

lmao

What do you mean lockpicking is not needed? Half of my best shit and most of my money comes from locked rooms and chests. I know I can hack most doors down, but it wrecks my weapons really fast.
Am I missing something?

There's necrofire in the walls in a few places. You have to get it all before they will die.

Wands, boy. Wands hit doors and chests just like physical weapons, but have no durability so they'll never break.

Are you just repairing your weapons all the time or what?

bows and crossbows as well

She is a bit of a ditz but she an fan Ben-Mezd are the friendlier Companions. RP is fine but a bit to self-centered, Fane is too arrogant and sees you as less than a dog, Sibille feels to edgy (I heard she gets better thought) and best is too small.

The person in that pic has a dudes face.

Anyway, is this game worth getting?

How do you get the spots inside the walls though? Can't bless what I can't click/see. I've tried firing the tornado spell at the spot where they infinitely respawn too, but they still come back so I guess it can't reach either.

I thought that too, but real spoilers she's possessed by a demon, so that's just demon face.

kinda looks like donte

Yeah, but it's more likely a character will have a few spare points in Intelligence for spells than it is they'll have a few spare points in Finesse. You're either maxing Finesse or not touching it at all., so I figured it more likely he'd have a character who could use wands than one who could use bows.

She softens up quite a bit. She's always edgy to a degree, and the writing never ceases to bring up her self-inflicted scars, but she does soften a little.

It's a shame the character epilogues completely fucking ignore your romance options. Sebille goes from, "I love you and that love will conquer divinity," to, "I'm going to completely forget you exist and just travel the world myself." Why bother putting in a fucking romance if you're going to have the epilogue completely ignore it?

I got it with Tornado as there's no way to click on it. There's 2 spots where it spawns in the walls/rubble. Its a bitch, but it is doable.

Is that donte in drag?

This happens way too much to not be intentional.

I think there is supposed to be a big patch soon. Here's to hoping that melee can no longer attack up/down levels

Really? This isn't really much of an issue. There are other QOL things I'd like fixed instead.

Any good playthroughs I can watch of this game or are they all garbage?

This German does solo blind tactician for his first time.

The only reason I can think of watching and not playing is if you are away from your gaming rig and really want to see the game and don't care if you are spoiled.

But that first blind playthrough that is where you are getting the value of the game. Experiencing it yourself and getting all the cool things being amazed at the sneaky fights and plot twists that is the reason you pay for the game.

Otherwise just steam sale it or pirate.

I'd like a bunch of these fucking bugs fixed, for starters.

This guy's right, subsequent playthroughs just haven't been the same as my first blind one. I guess that's a good mark on the game?

Goddamn, I feel like the devs made the skeledong races half assedly, there are annoying fucking flaws when you play as one. First problem is you just have to wear ANYTHING in order not to get lynched, even if it's just a paper hat covering almost nothing or a feet guard that doesn't cover your bony leg, second problem would be most of the time during interaction with another NPC, you're regarded as if you're a normal human, for example, when you talk to Sebille or whoever that edgy cunt elf is, she sticks a needle at your non existent throat as if that'll non existently harm you then you have fucking Radeka who filled your non existent mouth with love fluids some bugs that diseases your non existent body despite mechanically you're immune to diseases, then you have EVERYONE who can fucking tell that you're an undead despite being cladded in full armor, it doesn't even matter if you use those reduced NPC's loremaster mod because it still does no shit, then there's this where you bleed as a fucking skeleton.

I'm soloing the game as an undead human on classic, you can probably solo the whole game as anything as long as you got the right skills and all. Playing as an undead is really great though, despite some of the gay flaws.

My favorite part is how you can bleed, suffocate, and have your tendons cut. You aren't truly undead otherwise you would be immune to those effects. All they did was just give you the old zombie talent.

Oh fug :DDD I ded from infecshun noa!
I also hate how Fain talks to you on the boat like you are living being even if you have your fucking cowl taken off.

The lizard embassy was the worst part of the bothe in story and gameplay. The respawining undead wore bullshit and bugged. The kept respawinin in places where there wasn't even any fire and then they even starded teleporting outside of the ruins and killed every NPC that was outside. Took me a few hours of trying to beat them until I finally gave up and just used a rogue to sneak past them and then teleport over the rest of my party. And as for the story, why the fuck wore the lizards attacking me? I went inside there to save them! Who the fuck is the red princess? Why did I kill her? Why are my characters glad about it? I didn't have the red prince in my party and this part made no sense at all.

Some parts of this game are so fucking nonsensical that they have to be bugs. They're like, Bethesda-tier. Maybe not in magnitude, but in stupidity.

You're supposed to clear the surfaces of cursed fire, it was a bitch though.

See this shit? I don't feel like playing as a skeleton at all, I felt like i'm playing a modded human, it's disappointing as fuck.

you can always use the editor to make yourself immune to that shit i suppose

1. Skeletons are indeed immune to bleed and shit. If you're using mighty morphin fleshbag ranger helmet don't complain. It actually gives you flesh rather than some hologram.
2. I play as Fane and mortals are indeed walking trash inferior to animals, especially elves, so I guess it's consistent that as an NPC he treats player the same way.
3. Undead eternal != undead human.

he's going to be the same kind of obnoxious throughout the whole game, what you saw is what you get. Seriously, who the fuck enjoys characters like this ?

All companions suck.

Yep. Reskin plus zombie, add a few tags.
I wanted undead, but I quickly rerolled for Ifan. The worst part is psychic enemies who all know you're undead, and focus their healing attacks on you.
I'm also not a fan of the armour system, you get a guy down to 2 health, Wizards turn, oops still has magic armour, fuck your fireball.
I'm not bothering with for honour mode, fuck this combat system with that, memory and the AP limit I don't enjoy it. I love the exploration, but that's about it. I mean the armour system ruins everything because now you can just walk through electrified water, no fucks given. CC isn't feasible and you're at a loss with a mixed party, making the most efficient way to win, extremely boring.

Currently in stonegarden, I'm just kissing around with quests here because paradise downs seems terrible
Gee I wonder what enemies will cast on me in that zone.

Actually, Custom Undead don't heal armor from Living Armor and lack many of their resists, notably bleed.
They still take damage from healing, though.

I'm still waiting for them to drop that 'big patch' which is already debatably late.

Sounds like you need to git gud.

Why would you even bother playing subhuman skeleton with bone marrow when you can play superior master race skeleton without any flesh filth left in it?

Did they add boobs this time?

No, mechanics are shit.
It literally incentivises pure parties, who focus purely on damage.

Also how does the lore work now? Astarte opening a box unleashed the void, but the void already existed. Astarte made source, but the seven made people for sourceā€¦ This void shit should have ended in 1.

Some eleven armour can be skimpy.
Also you can fuck undead, lizards and kiss a spider. I also hooked up a turtle with a rat. Degenerates everywhere.

cute. I'll check it out.

Anyone used the editor yet? I can create new abilities but I can't work out how to create new items..

Nevermind, I got it now.

Do I go blacked lizard or blue/white/pink? Also are the story characters worth playing? Played Sibilla for a bit but I want to start over, having summoner on my main character is kinda boring and I'm not gonna pick Fane this time, too annoying to deal with undead on my first playthrough, especially when it's only undead. Might pick Fane later if I make an undead MC for more synergy and less offensive healing focus fire.
Also Sibillas backstory is a bit too edgy for the kind of character I usually want to play.

How much can I split damage if I play on classic mode without fights becoming a hassle? Was thinking of going pyrokinetic and geomancer, with probably a third school thrown in there depending on what spells seem cool later on.
Then take the Red Prince as a tank, either fighter or battlemage, Lohse could be Conjurer and then get hydrosophist and then I'll take Ifram I think. Ifram is wayfarer originally I think, that kinda fits since I need someone that I can put wits on for detection.

Speaking of wits, with the spell crit talent is it worth getting some on a caster or should I just dump into int all day?

Patch notes dropped.
steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/1488861734103325226/?ctp=1
Still no fix for not being able to enter the lower decks, plus they continue in their quest of unfun by nerfing Chicken Claw and Bone Widow.

There are some nice mods that give you some nice fun cheat items you can use on the lowest difficulty for maximum fun, user.

Tanks are useless.
Taunt only works when physical armour is down. When physical armour is down, you're better off with a warrior murdering the enemy.

Everyone knows the most OP and boring shit is summoner anyway.
Also
I would rather they focus on fixing shit people don't choose to break.

I feel like having a frontliner that can soak some damage should be good regardless of taunt, I was actually looking at inquisitor. Lifesteal and shit could work instead. Are shields worth using?

Cute, but I was referring to their policy of patching flavor-of-the-month OP stuff in favor of actually FIXING the damn game. In my current game I'm barred off the respec mirror and every companion except the Prince cause I can't enter the lower decks. People on steam bitched about it for near a week, and Larian does jack shit.

But user, some people are exploiting BW!
Enjoy waiting as the next patch focuses on the exodus to everyone running a summoner squad and how summons are OP. Almost as if people will just find new ways to exploit the game.
Meanwhile I've had a few quests that bugged and never ended, no exp as a result, which sucks.

I'm bored of my Ifan run, what's Lohse like to play as? Do you hear the demon? I just want a character who isn't edgy, also outlaw and soldier tags suck, and someone recognised me in Driftwood I failed the persuasion check and has to fight the town. I wish I could see how far off my persuasion was in various checks, I seem to fail most.

In Driftwood you can just bribe the guard to fuck off even if you fail the skill check. Human runs are also generally extremely boring, and I aborted my Lohse run because I very much dislike the VA work especially when she laughs at a backstab crit.

Minor note; anyone who hasn't muted the narrator yet, do so - it helps a hell of a lot.

What the fuck are these retards doing? STOP IT.

How is that a nerf? I never used this shit because enemy chickens could run for hundreds of meters effectively escaping from me rather than being helpless, which is clearly the point of this spell.

Use your brain before you type user.

Cut tendon = damage on move so if you cut someones tendon and chicken them they blow themselves up.

That sounds broken. Good thing they fixed it.
Also sage is not a downvote.

To chicken someone you need to remove their physical armour. If someone has no physical armour they are dead anyway. It has no gameplay change.

Keep Yourself Safe kid.

Then you're missing the damn point. Games like these are very easy to break and only limited by your creativity; nerfing whatever's popular at the moment will simply make people shift to other OP stuff. Keep going like that and you wind up with a game that's ridiculously tryhard despite being easy, and bugged to boot.

So you ARE redditor after all.

If it's so popular, how is it "creative"? You're just copying an exploit somebody else have found.

Double spacing is leddit spacing. Also it is a meme that only tourists use.

If you're going to pretend you can identify something may as well know how to do it properly eh kiddo?

Here, explanation for idiots:
1) Game comes out, thousand ways to kill something
2) People play games, streamers/word of mouth popularizes some stuff regardless of utility (it's 'hip' now)
3) Devs nerf it, but by this time streamers have moved on to other stuff to keep their viewers' interest
4) Endless rat race where new strategy comes out, devs nerf it to appease bitches and bugs are forgotten on the wayside
5) End result is a shit game with bugs, that plays worse than what was at launch

And this is a proven phenomenon with Larian, as Original Sin plays BETTER than the 'Enhanced Edition'.

Reddit spacing is exactly what you're doing. I have no idea why you people enjoy hitting the enter-key so much.

Just turn down the difficulty if you can't manage.

I literally just explained to you what it is pay real hard attention to this post and compare it to my previous post. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this one time. If you continue being an idiot after this it is off to the zoo with you.

This is not a bad thing. Balance means that you have more options, not less.
The only people who cry about it are those who needed their broken shit as a crutch.

Why would quoting not also copy the altcode used? Stupid.

AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA
I'm sorry, it seems you weren't around for Original Sin and the EE's release aka you're a newfag. I hope that lurking and sticking around for OS2's life cycle will rid you of your inexperience and childish sentiments.

Sebille is kind of the anti-Aerie, isn't she?
Aerie never stopped talking about her damn wings but she was naive and childish as fuck instead of edgy.

Well done, not even shitposters could shit up a thread like this and be as gay as you.

If every skill is equal then they're all just shit and any freedom of choice is basicly an illusion. You're left with not the choise of what is good/better/fun but instead you have meaningless spells that amount up to choosing which animation you like best.
If thats not trivializing the game I dont know what.

That said all skills should have some utility, if nothing else shitty spells could be fun or usefull outside combat, no point in having a skill that nobody uses ever. That in mind I'd like to see them buff spells/abilities that dont see any use rather than just hitting the most popular one with a nerf in a vein attempt to make people use the shitty ones. If they go along with that for too long you're just gonna be left to choose from a wide variety of shit spells and abilities instead of wide range of awesome and slightly less awesome skills.

Not reallyā€¦ they are extremely similar except for the fact that Sebeille becomes edgy after her kidnapping whereas Aerie gets sad. Before being captured they both had a similar personality.

What exactly is the point of this buffoonery?

Dont flatter yourself, you're not worth switching the hassle to switch IP's.
The real questions are what is up with the way you talk and why sage a videogame thread.
But go on, ignore everything I say and call me a kid again you raging homo.

So you admit you are indeed the same person? For if you were indeed a different person I'd be calling you a kid for the first time not "again" as you succinctly stated. Factually you have defeated yourself with a slip of the finger on the keyboard an admission of samefaggotry.

Congratulations.

That party is exactly what I have, except I'm a living lizard.
I don't find it TOO big a problem, if you pick who fights what carefully, since there are enemies with far more of one kind of armour than the other. My wizard lizard might be dealing direct vitality damage on the second spell, while to the same enemy Red Prince might take three turns. And vice versa for other targets.

If you do intend to have a tank get the mod to make Taunt ignore armour. It doesn't make sense and it makes it useless.

Kid,

better calm down.

Kid.

SAGED!

Never mind, didn't read closely enough when you were talking about Fane.

If you just stack retribution you'll run into enemies who attack you with an elemental damage they are either immune to or heal from and then you'll be stuck, would not recommend.

This.
It's the same shit as reworked poise between Dark Souls 1 and 3.

Taunt is really annoying when the enemy uses it on you though because it makes your guys waste retarded cooldowns and items for seemingly no reason.

Shields are fine, one handers don't do a huge amount less damage and provide a lot of armor, pretty useful with shields up as well. Only real big downside is you can't stack crit like on 2-handers

better, you can dick the edge out of her

One handers do about 60% before factoring in crit damage.

Again I see no issues with chicken exploits, it requires you to break physical armour, rupture tendons, then chicken claw, then haste. 3 separate abilities, from 3 separate skills just to be able to cast it, after breaking armour. It's not different to chaining other buffs for massive damage.

Loremaster skill tells you about things like the Undead trait. AI isn't psychic, they are using the same skills you have access to.

Yeah undead thralls, insects and animals are known for their knowledge of lore. It also makes no sense when a town won't notice me, but the moment you are in combat everyone knows exactly who the skelly is.

better off going warfare + necro for lifesteal and yueg damage. Having shit tons of health is pointless because you can't tank in this game. Rangers and wizards go for your squishies and melee characters just pheonix dive to them too. Seriously whoever put pheonix dive and haste into the game should be shot.

massive spoilers
the only time i needed fuckhuge health was for the final battle when i told lucian and dallis to go fuck themselves

>waaaah now Chickens only run away for six meters instead of booking their way halfway across the map!
I thought Holla Forums was supposed to be good at video games?

I should just delete this thread, it's full of complete shitters.

Anyone know if they fixed the crash when any of the whip/lash spells are used? Kinda stopped me from playing for a good while.

It's not about being good, they are nerfing the soul of the game. It's already way less fun than it was at launch and they just keep going.

How does the combat/story compare to the first game? I played it cooperatively with an asshole friend and we never quite finished it, mostly because I didn't want to play with him anymore and I never felt like playing a solo game back to where we left off, which I assume was near the end. I've been thinking about just replaying it now and then playing through this game.

Exploits and crutches aren't fucking soul of anything other than filthy casuals that can't git gud at video games.

>THEY'RE NERFING THE SOUL OF THE GAME

Could you explain that fun formula to me?
If they changed fireball to do three times the damage it does now would the game be three times as fun or are there diminishing returns?

Why don't you go ahead, install some cheat mods and have all the fun you want? Or ask some gaming journo to campaign for a "skip combat"-button again - maximum fun!

People say this game is hard! That the armor system ruins it! I think people just don't know how to prioritize targets or deal damage properly.

They've been nerfing "2 spells" every patch. It's not actually making the game much harder (nor was it too hard to begin with). All it does is make the game less fun. Cool comboes like chick claw+rupture tendons or Reactive Armor+Chains of Torment are what make games like this fun. Otherwise it's just a bunch of boring damage with different particle effects.

They are doing exactly the same thing they did to OS1. The "Enhanced" edition isn't actually harder, in fact, it's much easier. But it's incredibly boring to play compared to vanilla, unpatched OS1.

Meant to say Shackels of Pain

This fucking skill could be named a million different things I swear.

I've still got vanilla, unpatched OS1 on my system. You're almost tempting me to pirate the EE to see how much of your bitching is actually valid.

Go do it. Shit's fucking boring.

It probably would make the game a lot more fun. Not 3 times of course (fireball is only one skill after all), but Magic needs some love. Being able to do some respectable damage with a magic skill would definitely tip the scales a bit.

Good job, now I'm never going to play the EE because you're such a stupid nigger.

Compared to physical it definitely is. It can be used if you want to, but there's no reason to.

Weaker damage and CC than physical, and the terrain control hurts more than it helps.

Armour says get fucked.
Go physical or go home. Mage only works as support.

You can do a magic based party and break magical instead of physical armor. It works the same, it's just weaker and harder to deal with.

I didn't know physical attacks could hit 3+ people multiple times a turn.
I also don't listen to people who make pure parties, because they might as well be playing the game on babby mode. Come back once you've actually learned how to play with something beyond the most basic and boring playstyle, and make sure you're playing above Explorer.

You do realize that it works both ways, right?

reminder to save the boobplate
orogion.deviantart.com/journal/Save-the-Boob-plate-380891149

I didn't know Larian employed barely-literate Euroniggers.

The company is Belgian, so that's no surprise.

Yeah, it's strange that they don't hire their artists based on the artists proficiency in a foreign language. Probably even more proof of them destroying the soul of something.

Somehow, I was hearing "sexistic" in a nasty French accent. I guess my instincts were right.

I know, right? You'd think they'd be trying their hardest to improve the post and art quality of deviantart.

At least i am glad in game she doesn't look like that. She's one of the best party characters in the game.

How well do split characters do? I thought the idea of the Witch but with more of a scoundrel focus (backstab teleporting with lots of finesse) and use necromancy as an occasionally ranged alternative, extra healing and minions. Also both being physical is nice. However I need int to make many necromancy spells stronger, should I ignore that and mostly focus on finesse if I want to do damage with my daggers or can I afford splitting a bit into intelligence? Constitution worth putting a few points in every now and then or are lvl up hp bonuses enough for everyone except the main damage soaker?

Necromancer says it gives me x% damage dealt to vitality as life leech. Does that mean any damage source that penetrates armor and hurts their HP? Or just Necromancer spells?

So don't download the patches. Or better yet, boot up the fucking editor and revert the changes. It's not the end of the world.

Necromancy is better up-close than ranged. It mostly does physical damage too.

Stay away from skills that require a different attribute. There are a LOT of spells in the game that don't care about Int at all, and a few that you don't really care about the damage anyway.

Yes
Yes
No, focus on armor and shields.

Or you could just ignore min/maxing altogether and play however the fuck you want.

Hardly an ideal solution when there are major bugs that need fixing.

Split characters are fine depending on what they have, don't listen to people who don't know how to play the game.
Negromancy gets boosted by Intelligence like the other magic spells, and one thing you want to do in this game is pump your main stat. Stick with finesse and just stick elemental runes on your daggers. Protip: carry around a barrel of ooze for infinite poison, just combine it with your weapons and it can stack even with 2 or 3 runes, and this magical damage scales with your backstabs.
Negromancy excels in support, though. If you're dabbling in Summoning, then pick up the Bone Widow. Shackles of Pain are also great on a stabby character, since you can blow through their armor in one hit and immediately chain 'em up.
Pump Finesse and Wits, don't worry too much about Constitution.

See solution 2

Secondary protip: Bring along non-poisoned weapons for when you inevitably run into those pesky goddamn skeletons.

Backstab is guaranteed critical, so the crit chance is a waste. The way turn order is calculated the initiative is also mostly wasted.

Con is a better choice. Yes, once your armor is gone you can be chain CCed to death, BUT enemies will focus down low-con characters and generally spread their damage around more on a party where everyone has some points in con.

How are you gonna get the best backstabs if you don't go first? How are you going to facestab them if they've got their backs to the wall?

Thanks, I'll focus on making this a good rogue type character then. So it seems Necromancer is a good support for that playstyle? Then passive alone seems great, then some extra heals and distractions etc.
I'm not looking to completely minmax, but I still appreciate not falling for some trap at the start of the game. I heard there's infinite respec later down the line though.

Anyway, what pairs well with a sword and board Warfare fighter? Got Geomancy like the standard archetype comes with and I might leave it at a casual point. I'm also not sure what my huntsman should combo with, casual point in pyro for now.

literally one incidental point from gear is enough to heal to full health if you do serious dps

Any of the above 3 can literally oneshot anything in the game (including adrhamalik/dallis in dragon form/lucian/braccus) even without lone wolf

with teleport/nether swap spell/scroll

Backlash. Backlash is automatic backstab regardless of facing.

Necro passive is weak for the same reason con is weak. Once your armor is gone you are vulnerable to chain-CC, so it doesn't matter if you have 10 HP or 10 million HP at that point.

On the other hand, it's worth noting that there are several cures and immunities to CC. If you can have a second character cure you before your turn comes back around or else immune the CC via consumables you can make do without any armor at all (this is how glass cannon is supposed to work).

can you change the colour of your armor in this game?

I feel like you should be able to do that with these dyes.

I'll give you scrolls, but Backlash has a lengthy cooldown, especially once you get to the point where you can backstab enemies to death in 1-2 hits.

The other option is to teleport the enemy out of the corner.

tbh dagger scoundrel does very little damage compared to other classes adding scoundrel as extra for crit multiplier.

its best combo is rupture tendons + teleport real fucking far away and out of sight (possibly from high ground for extra range)

You mean into negrofire, too, so the AI bleeds itself out while trying to run out of it.

Well yeah. But you can use it to your advantage. Teleport the enemy to you instead of going to it. You can also use Netherswap as well, so that's 3 different options.

Does anyone have a magnet for the first Original Sin Enhanced? I checked the share thread and they've got nothing, and fuck going through shady ass shit like IGG.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e9d402f3c1668c028784189abe662ad2bf67e1cb

Armor does ruin it.

Agreed. Backstab daggers only do comparable damage to non-crit 2 handers. I really feel like the ONLY reason to even consider a dagger-user is the Rupture Tendons skill. Not that their other skills are useless, just that the Warfare/Huntsman alternatives are good enough that the Scoundrel versions aren't worth the damage loss.

Big update today, how was it?

Further balancing to make sure you have as little fun as possible.

niggafire is magic dmg, thus subject to shields, which is pointless if you're gonna bleed it out with rupture's piercing dmg

The point is to make them move so rupture can do its work

Lots of enemies have opportunist talents, safely moving to multiple backstabs and attacking is costly. Just use scoundrel for ranged crits, or a warriors crits. Lots of high ground too.

glad I pirated
also Lohse best girl. Something about the accent really casts heart of steel on my dick if you know what I mean

Opportunist doesn't mean anything if they can't hit you.

(checked)
Good shit, user. Thanks. Will try to seed a while.

who dis?

Anyone got the GOG patch? Apparently it's up, but I can't find it.

Black Ring Witch NPC.

cool armour that i bet is only for that npc?

You can use it if you want. larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=625691

Almost forgot - if anyone wants the new 4GB patch, it's in the torrent below. Seeders would be nice too.
e647b0ca40f9c82f9ff236ac775fe52d55efdcc5

Oh fuck, I thought it was just the patch. It's the patch and the entire game again. That's a bit annoying.

Patch is in a separate folder, you can just DL it without grabbing the entire game.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to do that with Deluge and infohashes.
Or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing.

I've used Deluge before; DLing only a part of the entire thing works just fine there unless the devs suddenly decided to throw away basic functionality on a popular client. If not, just switch to QB.

I've been able to do it with magnet links before, but not this, apparently. Not that big of a deal, I can just delete the rest.

Oh, how I wish I had your DL speed.

chicken and bone widow nerf
nothing for spears

Do spears need to be nerfed or something?

spears just don't seem like a good option

It's better he died; that quest just ends badly for everyone involved. Without going into spoilers - a) he's a lich, and b) the quest title is a pun. You can put two and two together, right?

Spears have no support because this game is half-baked and has a bunch of unsupported choices and thoughtless changes.

I have an idea what's going to happen, between the quest name, his comments about feeding, and the fact he's a lich. I fully intend to kill him eventually.
But I want to get as much as I can out of him first.

Eh, I did that xp thing on my first run till I got to Arx, and then I saw the obscene amount of it you get just for basic shit like finding a new area and my urge to minmax just died.

How's the modding tools for this game? I want to make some custom spells and maybe custom areas/monsters if possible?

People seem to be doing stuff like that already.
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/114/?

Oh, and here's a class with "new" spells.
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/106/?

Yes, but you should install this mod:
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/111/
Because their original bodies are horrible.

While we're looking at mods, here's one to address a common complaint:
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/85
Now you can use Scoundrel skills without a dagger. The range on spears might make them combo well together, but I'd have to try it out first.

I don't hate anime, but this is cancer. At very least its misleading clickbait.

user pls

Humans look really ugly in this game, especially women.

just like real life

Have you considered that this mod is just made by an actual 8 year old girl?

Okay, just DLed and installed the latest patch. Performance is better, but not by much. I'm on rig with fx-8350 (not OCed), R9 390, 16 gigs of RAM and SSD and I got framerate drops and stuttering in Driftwood, especially the village. Arx was a lot worse in that regard. Now however, the stuttering is mostly gone and elsewhere the game holds a steady 60fps, no drops.

Minor UI improvements, but not where it counts; HUD still looks an abomination of yore. Journal entries are mostly fixed. But I should mention that the Lady Vengeance bug where you can't get below the lower decks still hasn't been fixed, and for people on Steam it meant that they couldn't progress the quest from Act 1 to Act 2. Then again, a lot of them are bitching about it, so maybe this shit will get fixed fast.

I don't know, I actually kind of like the wooden, ridged texture to their bodies. It's exotic.

How the fuck do you only have 3 saves? Don't tell me you are playing Honor mode or some shit.

Nah, it's not Honuor mode; crossed arrows means the difficulty's on Classic ( just for testing the patch, without the HP and armor bonuses Tactician gives). I only save once for each act, then rely on a single quicksave; it's quite enough.

Meanwhile I obsessively create new saves every time I do anything. I have about 174 saves in my folder, which is lower than I expected honestly.

Has the patch fucked anything up, god forbid?

They removed Warping.

They removed the ability to break any sort of jump ability, allowing you to move to any point on your screen after engaging a valid jump during the startup animation.
It was fun, and a speedrunner used it all of once, so it had to go.

When starting a new game, you can apparently grab at most a couple of the Deathfog barrels that are scripted to break in the tutorial, and they actually stick around in the inventory. Can't wait to use them.

Try tossing one at Dallis at Fort Joy's gate or during the ship combat sequence and see what happens.

I don't save anywhere near as often as I should; I'm always getting frustrated that I was sure I had saved more recently than I did.
Part of my problem is that saving takes so ridiculously long.

Oh, I was worried it was going to be something relevant to me.

SSD, man. Only time saving gets annoying for me is at Arx, and even then it's never more than 10 seconds.

Does it work on anyone besides the player characters?

I tried to deathfog crate a very hard fight in ARX and it dindu nothing.

At least I don't have to worry about save corruption.

Rule of thumb, never overwrite a save unless you have to.

Doesn't work on undead which is why I'm kinda interested to try it on Dallis like said. Also takes one turn to propagate.

It works, though I wouldn't put it past Larian to nerf that too. Are you sure the enemy wasn't undead and was actually in the Deathfog?

I tested a Barrel in the final fight. Killed the Divine and most of his cronies just fine.

For the player, using a Mask of the Shapeshifter will effectively remove an Undead's immunity, so I have to assume it works the same for NPCs

Probably should have spoilered that one lolā€¦

Maybe. IDGAF though.

Meant to say that it killed them IMMEDIATELY when I broke the barrel. That was the point of that post.

>Lucian gets BTFO like everybody else
Almost makes me want to go play Divinity 1.

In my case I had to wait until enemy's turn came around and 'Deathfog Influence' applied - only then did they lose all their health. But hey, I'll try it in the final fight as well.

They are supposed to look freakish. The point is the elves are tree people, not just pointy eared humans. Dwarves are ugly too, but no one complains they are manlets because that's the point.

How did you find out about the oranges? Sebille killed the lizard, so I only found an orange on his corpse.

One criticism I have in the game is quests over extend. Like I have no idea how to close quests like the beggars dog, or what the hell im doing to find the kid swimming to fort joy, and no dialogue options for missing magisers in the inn. So now I'm just killing void abominations. Oh and I got a semi from the lizard at the top of the tavern, Larian is turning me furry.

Who came first, God King or Astarte? I'm confused with all this source shit in 2, when 1 was just source = gift of a goddess that got tainted.

Dye is for co op.
Basically if you want to, you can add it to a poison bottle, then th le person drinking it thinks it's poison. If reverse pickpocketing were a thing, and worthwhile it may have been useful.

Just unchain Sebille from the party and park her a bit away if you don't want to start her encounter with the lizard. Anyone with points in persuasion can get Stingtail to talk. If you're playing as Sebille though, you can choose to spare him, and save him from Griff's assassin.

Beggar's dog fucks off the the graveyard, and kid went swimming in Voidwoken-infested waters - guess what happened? For any and all investigation quests, spirit vision should always be your first go-to. Plenty of clues scattered around the inn as well, and a helpful elf at the front who points you in the right direction. Do the lizard whore quest as the Red Prince.

Also, 2 I think retconned a lot of shit from the previous divinity games, and it's also good to not pay any attention to their lore because they play loose and fast with it. For myself, I gave up on ever taking the setting seriously when I saw in-game advertisements in the first OS.

I didn't have the foresight she would kill him.
I know the kid died, but I can't find a corpse to trigger a quest closed.
Haven't got spirit vision yet.
Can I fuck the lizard again, because RP is in the party but I used Ifan.
Graveyard it is, maybe I can get that eagle to join me too, but he probably sucks.

I don't remember this, was it tongue in cheek shit played for laughs?
I get they are fucking with lore, but it bothers me all the same when writing contradicts.

Oh come on, if you recruited her you could see that she was stalking with the intent to murder, and given how trigger-happy (needle-happy?) she was, how did you think that was going to play out?
As for the kid, I'll give you a hint - look around the caravan you encounter when you first got to Reaper's Coast. Also, expect less a corpse and more along the line of body parts.
How the hell do you not have spirit vision yet? Get to the Meistr IMMEDIATELY, it's ridiculously easy to acquire, and also paramount you get Spirit Vision and Source Vampirism as fast as possible.
No idea about the lizard, and eagle goes best with elf (he asks you to cannibalize his former owner).

As for the ad, it was for Dragon Commander, if I recall.

That quest went like this - I told the guy where Stingtail was, killed the chick he sent to off the lizard, went back to Griff and then offed him and his goons. I was hurting for XP.

Oh I forgot about her long ago. I guess I should go with the quest, but I'm trying to do as many side quests as possible for exp. I ventured into paradise downs and saw a level 15 boss. Noped right back, and now I'm level 12.
I want to kill Ryker too. Already killed Tarquin he was shady so I hope he stays dead unlike Alexander. Fuck necromancers, so annoying to fight them.
Oh and there was a sourcerer in the woods killing me with lava. Level 15, I feel underpowered and don't want to progress through the main story as a result.

Care to elaborate?

where did i say that nigger, it's easy enough to abuse the same shit right back, it's just not fun. What's the point of giving literally every class a teleport?

Muh balance, where all classes must be equally viable. Aka the same.
I don't mind much as its a carry over from 1, bouncing shield however has no reason to exist.

Speaking of differences between 1 and 2, I don't see it discussed but thoughts on the music? I like 2s, but I preferred the music in 1.
I wish I knew the music playing in stone garden, I heard it once, but couldn't find it in the OST track listing.

Your immediate priority should be to get to the Meistr as fast as you can - it's necessary to progress through the main quest, and the more powerful abilities are gated behind said quest.
Tarquin had a quest that gave you the strongest weapon in the game, meant for the final boss. So that was a dumb thing to do. He also helps with the final boss.
There are multiple Sourcerers in the wood using lava - was it the 'Kill your shining lights' chick or the lizard? If it's the lizard, kill the magisters to make her non-hostile. If it's not, run.

Wizard dude in a black cave advertised Dragon Commander in in-game dialogue.

1's composer died, and 2 got Borislav Slavov - who kind of sucks, but has popular appeal. only track of his I liked was Sebille's theme.

Nobody in this game can conjure lava, are you talking about supreme firebitch?

It's 5. Scoundrel, Huntsman, Warfare, Aerothurge and Polymorph

Lizard bitch.
Damn, I guess I should've trusted him, I expected him to come back and support Dalis, so much for making the game easier.
Well I can always have a character suicide with death fog, unless the final boss is immune.

Yeah I know he died, his stuff seemed more unique. It wasn't all great, like power of innocence starts off optimistic and then goes to eerie so it had inconsistent tone, but it was still great. This stuff was more forgettable, I remember the main theme, and I liked a track from the graveyard but that's all so far.

Oh yes they can.

If you fight the skele's before you release him he can't be targeted by them.

Oh, right, forgot about Huntsman and Flight.

Polymorph has teleport?
Do wings move on the same turn you create them?

I prefer the original look

Well it's not boss as in singular, but moreā€¦ oh well, you'll see. Take plenty of deathfog barrels with you. As for the Lizard, it's better to meet her after doing some quests for the local gang boss, especially since you're playing as Ifan.

Wings grant the special ability "flight", which works the same as the other basic teleports on a 1 turn cooldown.

Blocked by obstacles, cannot go through smoke, also take surface damage even though you're supposed to be flying over it. So no, definitely not the same.

It's not quite a teleport, but it is one of the best movement abilities in the game.

it takes only two splash points to get any of them, any class can use them equally.

did you actually play the game or are you here to meme arrow?

Flights far worse than most teleports, but no, you don't take surface damage. Are you sure you weren't already poisoned/burning and that was what was causing your damage?

I had Wings, Backlash, Blitz Attack, and Phoenix Dive all one one character. Yeah, I moved around a lot.

Nope, the character does take damage to magic armor mid-combat at least, when using flight. Haven't checked to see if that's changed with the latest patch yet.

Funny, considering the entire point of wings is to be immune to ground effects

It's just this weird damn bug that keeps popping up. If I use wings to walk over the ground, then it works as intended. But If I use the flight ability to go over any surface, it suddenly does ruptured-like damage. Very annoying when over Necrofire.

what

Did anyone else wander into arhu's prison low level and have to cheese the shit out of it? I ended up using the pyramids to get the deathfog from the dwarves and placing it over an oil trap leading to me, when all the black ring spawned I molotov'd the oil and gassed each one of them, then teleported the rest into the fog.

I teleported them all into a pile and used Arrow Storm. Was an easy fight.

Why is she so fucking ugly

Chink(?) concept artist hammed it in.

This is what I hate about Ifan.

His source power sucks too, they all do, excluding Fane and beast who I never tried.

because it looks like a tranny

Oh, I thought you meant when just flying over it normally, not ACTUALLY using the Flight skill. I got Flight confused with the name of the Polymorph skill.

So you're saying you can move normally with wings and not get ground effects, but when you use the actual Flight skill ground effects occur as normal? I can't remember if that ever happened to me one way or the other, but I can believe it, and it's fucking stupid if that's how it works.

In case you didn't know, they only changed the artwork not the in game armor. If you actually played the game then you would noticed that. It was really a pointless demand since SJWs didn't actually play the fucking game to notice

Oh yeah, the wolf's a joke. I suggest restarting your playthough cause Ifan's storyline is dumb as bricks. Tryā€¦ well anybody other than him or Beast.

yeah I never really used anyone's innate source powers, bone widow was infinitely better than ifan's wolf. I tried to use Lohse's a couple times, the desc says enemies attack whoever's closest but they'd just pheonix dive to my mage regardless.

i'd gas the black ring again tbh

Who would you rather fuck, her, lizard prostitute or edgy elf freak.

Shame malady isn't an option, or Dallis given what I know about her.
And bonus points
I mean they let you kiss spiders and marry slugs.

How do eternals even reproduce?

I thought in-game armour did get changed. I've seen mods claiming to restore altered armors.

The custom character one is good; I've used it from time to time which is more than I can say for most of them.

edgy elf for the ayyy factor
I think the point is that they don't need to reproduce

I liked ifan because he has a lot of backstory about the war and dialogue options that tell you what happend during. You also meet some of characters that you fought with, and he actually has reason to dislike lucian when everyone else wants to fondle his balls.

I didnt want to use a custom because I felt like you'd miss out on too much story.

if you get the eternals return ending there's a slide of two older ones with a child. Also - how shit were the endings. I'm really disappointed you didnt get to roll around as the divine slaying voidwoken and black ring for an act. I wouldn't get too into the lore, not even larian gives a shit about it.

How so?
I'm 33 hours in, not restarting I'm seeing this shitshow through.

I just save source to bless necrofire.

But they're skeletons? Atleast Fane is.
I would go lizard just because it would feel different.
I just realised I haven't seen a fuckable dwarf yet. I wonder if I can find an undead dwarf/lizard for maximum degeneracy.

I have heard talk of Red Prince having a sister, I hope I can fuck her just to see his reaction.
I have never had such an unlikable party.

I would imagine they use a mask. If you become susceptible to poison etc while transformed it's reasonable to assume that they could reproduce that way too.

How the hell does that work? I clocked my first playthrough at 35 hours, on Tactician. Trust me, you'll do the same once you restart; completing everything it's 10 hours in the Joy, 15-18 hours at Reaper's Coast if you leg it, and 8-10 hours for the final act.

Oh, I had Teleportation too, but I didn't know that counted.

Speaking of music, what the fuck is the song that plays in places like Braccus's tower that sounds mystical? I can't find it on the OST anywhere.

But masks are made from faces, so they could only exist AFTER the new races replaced them. Obviously Fane had a wife and kid before.

Someone spoil me, I know the twist but why was he locked away?
Who has the most fun origin? I imagine Sebille is the worst, given she has no organisation, no connections, just revenge as a motive.

I had to stop playing the game because of a bug that wouldn't let me enter Lord Kemms vault even after a drained the water.

Does anyone know what the fuck to do now?

They never did change in game armors, I know since I pirated the game after every update, because the updates were pretty slow that i got frustrated and uninstalled then reinstalled after every new update.

Netherswap can be used as a personal teleport. The Teleport spell cannot be used on yourself, so I wouldn't count that. It is still very useful though.

I'm not rushing, I like exploring and I had to reload a few times.

The OST has tracks missing, I wonder how many.

Wait for a patch, Larian will fix it right after they nerf more skills.

Contrary to your expectations, it's Lohse>Sebille>Red Prince>Fane>shit>Ifan>piss>Beast
Red Prince's quest detracts because its ending is a blatantly Game of Thrones ripoff. Lohse's quest is unequivocally the best, but it takes time to get going, only gaining some steam at the end of Act II. Sebille is fun if you're into the hilarious kind of edge which becomes almost-nonexistent past Act I anyway. Fane's quest is courtesy of Avellone, and tries to make much ado about the setting no minimum effect. Skellyfaggots like it, but it's shallow as fuck. Ifan has some good conversations, but that's about it, and Beast is just a terrible character overall.

Why is Beast even in the fucking game?

I murdered Sebille at the start of the game for pulling a knife on me for know reason.

Around elves watch yourselves!

maybe if they didn't make the dwarves look and run so retarded

But I pirated it

someone posted a magnet for the latest version in the thread.

I actually expected Lohse to be most fun, I just didn't feel like playing a mage first run. Hers seems fun just because she (you) lose control and may have conversations with a demon in your head. Sorta like playing a Malkavian.
Ifan was just the only human alternative, not a dwarf person and just didn't care much for Sebille.
Will probably play Fane next. The Avellone writing seems minimal in the game, not too bothered as he is pretty overrated, no one praises the writing of Alpha Protocol or FNV.

Dunno, maybe their original form rotted away.

You've seem midgets in real life right? Seems like par for the course to me.

Around lizards, summon blizzards.
See an undead, cut off its head.

they're supossed to be stronk though, it looks like they've just sped up their animations instead of giving them proper movement. LOTR dwarves aren't this retarded.

They were literally midgets for some shots in the movies. When it come to the art, I dunno they always seemed retarded looking to me.

bait.dds.tga.tiff.png

LOTR dwarves, by which you obviously mean the movies since you never see anything in a book, are 6+ foot tall people filmed with camera angle tricks and oversized clothing. Of course they walk like normal people because that's what they are.

>Red Prince gave me lip
>Killed him in a duel after the whole boat thing.

I haven't played a game in a long fucking time that's made me say "I really don't know what the hell is going on here". Seems like the type of game I'd drop out of confusion down the line. I already don't know where to go, and it's been an hour so far. Still have my refund threshold..

It's worth it, but I recommend using the Steam code to redeem it on GOG, or getting the GOG version instead. With these games I usually start a character and play for 4-5 hours just to get a hang of the game's mechanics and flow - then delete it and restart. Works out way better that way.

What's so hard to get? Escape from the fort.

I had the same feeling when I started. I haven't really played a divinity game before this I dropped OS1 after about 3 hours but once I got into the flow of things it was fucking awesome. I have about 100 hours played so far

This isn't exactly a game that has glowing exclamation marks or obvious points to solve problems. Without hand-holding I've been exposed to for the past few years, I'm admittedly shaken. Even general quests aren't -too- obvious, or what I -think a general quest is, isn't. Some blind whore wants me to save her man and will tell me the way out if I do. Some 'lizard with ambition' who I may have killed already, is the person to find. Gave up looking and just stepped back.

Guess I fucked up, bought it on Steam like an idiot since it was technically 20USD (the rest was paid for with CARD MONEY). Should just pirate the GoG installer at this point, no?

I'm hoping this is how it becomes for me, because it's not as entertaining as it was being pitched so far. Plus combat clunkiness is a thing really biting my ass. I've thrown effectively 10 things and not had them go off for REASONS I CAN'T COMPREHEND. 9 of those 10 things was a single poison bottle that refused to fucking break on the head/abdomen of an enemy when it merely thunked on the ground.

Those are pretty much health potions for undead. The throwing-breaking version of those are grenades. You basically just put a healing potion from your inventory on the ground.

read the your quest log, go around and talk to people. if you cant figure out what to do put the quest title in google, there are a couple that i got stuck on that turned out to be bugged. Some quests just dont complete and are meant to remain as hints to later quests or areas.

If you already killed Stingtail, just take the fruit off his corpse. If not, you still have a chance.

The only thing that has always pissed me off with this game and rhw first is that there is no room for errors when moving, I mean wherever you fucking click you move, I wish that was toggle-able, I dont fucking like that i can waste ap for accidentally clicking on the ground while in battle. That has always pissed me off.

Is Mama Malady a lesbo?

Thanks for the correction.

Well, she's half-demon, so it would make sense she'd be a degenerate.

Don't worry, I'll convert her with the Goddicken.

Good luck, she only has eyes for Lohse.

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that she needs to actually want the dick.

grape mod when

I'm taking a break while pirating the patch to get back into the first game!
r8 & h8 my negromancer duo

Your line of thinking confuses me. I'm calling you a retard, user. A RETARD!

Some people have reported increased performance after keeping the number of saves down to a minimum.

Anyone have the patch(es) to take me from 3.0.141.716 to 3.0.143.909? The patch in only works on 3.0.143.

That link has the entire game, no? Just install that version.

I was hoping for a solution that I could download in hours instead of days.

Well, I've been downloading that since last night, so I think you're fucked.
Just play the first OS while you wait, like I am.

upfile.mobi/2FQoN7JwvnO
upfile.mobi/T0Sv0B0MmGQ
Then install the 4 gigs update.

upfile.mobi/2FQoN7JwvnO
upfile.mobi/T0Sv0B0MmGQ

upfile.mobi/2FQoN7JwvnO
upfile.mobi/T0Sv0B0MmGQ

FUCK
I looked at Herod graves in Stonegarden and now I'm about to die, every hero I kill returns at full health, that very turn.

If I flee, how can I recover the corpse of red Prince stuck in the middle?

groovy/10

dude just kill them harder lmao

iirc you have to kill every hero twice

Thanks.

Woah, talk about SJW-friendly.

And if you tell them she's a good orc who dindu nuffin, you come back later to find them dead once the charm potion wears off.

Tip - carry shitloads of soap. Once all those keys start crowding up the inventory, you can combine them with soap for lockpicks. Bit unintuitive, I know, but it works.

Oh. I just got a new backpack and put all of the keys in there to save on inventory space. I had no idea you could make lockpicks out of them. That would have been far more useful.

Shit, I take it back. The keys don't actually disappear, you just get 1 lockpick.

you'll never guess what happened

Jesus how do you survive that fight, and how do you do it on higher levels with no deaths?
Is blessed rain a thing?

Go to the top platform, throw down Dome of Protection. Sit there and wait at 10fps.

Anyone have the latest hotfix patch?

Jeez, I'm so glad Larian was more serious about this game than the first OS, because this bad voice acting and constant attempts at humor are getting to be too much. The music feels more memorable in the second too, but maybe I haven't replayed enough to get to the good songs yet.

I don't have DoP.
No custom characters, yes the frame rate drop was insane.
I wish I could find more crafting materials or fire resistant gear. Necrofire is my biggest issue.

Wrong.

I said so far. Maybe it's because I've been binging on OS2 for the past couple of weeks, but some of those songs are stuck in my head.

Anyone hosting? I want to adventure with people.

Terror Aura and Uncanny Evasion are a bitch.
Fuck those scarecrows.

Can't dodge AOE spells.

I dislike deliberately unwinnable fights.

c'mon son

c'mon son

That's all well and good if you already know it's coming and can set it up before you get captured.

She was dead before I even looked at her. She didn't get a single turn in which to kill them.

Magic Pockets, bro.
Just transfer the pyramid to the next guy, teleport him, and repeat.

I ended up going back and setting them up to go straight to the Mordus fight, and upon seeing his health bar I realized I'm not ready for this quest anyway.

He just has a lot of health, it's not that bad. You can do it.

What was your level and build?
Because that fight was a fucking nightmare just because vampiric void spawn heal doing damage and blow up enemies you kill, add in volatile void spawn, necrofire and the ones that freeze you, not fun.

It sucks, but you need to get used to it. Ambushes are regular and it's not always what you expect to fight. When you visit black pits it's all magisters. Then expect a fuck ton of necrofire, enough to give you fps drops. For some people they expect fire from oil, I did, I didn't expect to be ambushed on an oil field by enemies who are healed by fire and make necrofire. I hate ambushes just because of how important preparation is with things like height bonuses for damage.

A level 11 undead warrior. Dome of Protection, man.

Kill him and everything else dies.
Just focus entirely on him.

Word of warning I remember him not bleeding poison like regular undead, but acid.
Oh and if you ever visit a place in stonegarden with petrified people, prepare before you help the named character in the room, she will fight and she summons skeletons who summon skeletons, who can summon more skeletons. She has high initiative and it can be really bad when you have all those undead attack you before you even make your move.

Act 2 is brutal, I'm dreading the northern island and paradise downs areas. It seems strong enemies are in all directions.

I'm really regretting my choice of origin characters. None of these source powers are useful.
Let me guess, necro warfare two handed?
God it seems so much more efficient.

If you haven't played Ifan, don't. Soul Wolf sucks shit, Sebilles power sucks shit, Red Princes sucks shit, and Lohse's is only good if armour is broke on the enemies. Not sure how Beast or Fane hold up.
I wish I had DoP it sounds more useful. Especially if I could have two characters with it.

What do people think of tags? So far, only Scholar has proved useful.

Act 2 has a really fucked up difficulty curve, at the start everyone out levels you, so you git gud and kill them and then you start outleveling everyone else and start rolling them. I'm almost done with it and I still have no clue what the expected path to take around the act is supposed to be, once you hit level 13/14 you can go pretty much anywhere and at 15 there's no more real threats.. I think you're supposed to fuck around in town a lot for exp,.

I'm on level 12 and had to look outside the town for exp. I should have stayed there longer but was curious. I went to the arena and steamrolled it, although fighting blind was the hardest part, but luckily everyone else was slowed.

Scholar is the only useful one. And by useful, I mean it's the only one with quests locked behind it.

Yeah, speaking in forked tongues.
I don't think outlaw or soldier has ever helped me.

Outlaw helps you get into Lohar's place, but that's about it, I think.

Mystic and scholar are the two best tags. Barbarian and especially Jester remarks are absolutely useless just like in real life

It sounds weird, because it was. But he was a dwarf, so it was amusing.

I think scholor+mystic is required to read the witches book in act 2, which I think gives you the recipe to return the two cows to human form. I'm only guessing though since I didn't have anyone with both.

>mfw tank builds do work and you can dish out more damage to enemies than they do to you without doing anything

Did this and took him out before he could even transform. I feel like that probably means I missed out on a fair bit of XP, but whatever.

Water magic or high burst and focus them down 1 at a time. You have to focus them down otherwise they will heal with movement and from the others hitting/healing them. If you get lucky, they won't jump to the topmost platform and you can get a few free kills.

Water magic or high burst then focus them down 1 at a time. You have to focus them down otherwise they will heal with movement and from the others hitting/healing them. If you get lucky, they won't jump to the topmost platform and you can get a few free kills.

Mostly a design issue with cursed and blessed surfaces being contagious. In any case, have multiple ways to regenerate magic armor and multiple sources of healing will get you through that fight without any issues. Failing that, a shit load of ranged damage to focus fire shit down.

This fight fucking sucks

Indeed. Got my ass handed to me hard. The stunlock is fucking real. I left the fight alone for the moment while trying to get some upgrades/levels.

Why are there so many of 'em? I remember even on Tactician there were 3/4 depending on which phylactery you break.

I have difficulty mods on. Doubles or sometimes triples the amount of enemies. Also gives bosses between 3-5 times as much health, armour, and shields.

He transforms?
Yeah I lost exp too, in several quests because I'm under levelled and it makes a huge difference. But I will just learn from it. My first run is a throwaway run anyway, just to learn what to prepare for. Ambushes, undead and fire being the main problems. So next time, less geomancy and pyromancy, more hydro.
Next run is definitely lone wolf Fane with Red Prince mage (lizards get bonus to magic and resistance to fire right?)

Into a Giant voidwoken bug thing

Leveling Hydro becomes useless past Act 1 due to necrofire fucking everywhere. Put two points in it for the utility skills (maybe 3 for Deep Freeze) but it's inadvisable to go beyond that. What you should really invest in is Aero.

That's what I meant when I said he had a huge amount of health. When he turns into Mordus'Akaim he ends up with 4000-5000 or so.

new bread when

I think he needs to eat the soul of a fallen combatant to transform, so you probably killed him first before working on his henchmen.

I'm glad I killed him first then, I swear if he pulls an Alexander.

I figured it would be usefull for the damage, the sooner you kill fire voidlings the less necrofire they spread. Likewise I can doubt fire and limit fire from oil voidlings.
That was my reasoning.
Why go aero? Teleport is neat, but I haven't seen many enemies weak to air. Also hydro has restoration, bane of the undead.
I have to say, playing this makes me feel pyromancy is useless, necrofire just makes it too risky.
Maybe necromancy and aero are the way to go, with a splash of geomancy if you have any undead characters.

Necrofire becomes a non issue once you get terrain transmutation.

What the fuck did you do, man?

see

Don't worry, I have some momentum now after picking off some magisters and getting lucky with Lucky Charm. So I managed to clear all of Fort Joy.
I didn't kill Alexander and Dallis though. They were a bit too much for me right now

What the fuck? Why can't I become Divine and fight King right there right now and then lead void puppies onto fleshbags of Rivellon?
Where the fuck is the most logical and intuitive ending? Why can't I just nuke fucking mortals with all the gas I got from midjews?

I said 2 points in hydro. That nets you rain, restoration, healing ritual, soothing cold, armor of frost, blah blah - basically all the skills that have the most utility are frontloaded in this school. Aero on the other hand is worth the investment because Thunderstorm is the best magic ability you'll need, and it has the best combination of utility, damage and support (90% dodge aura at 1 AP cost, movement bonus, two teleports, blinding radiance, list goes on).

Yeah, only to have it go full necrofire again next turn? It's what inevitably happens.

Any way I can customize the race of the characters the dragon bitch gives me or are they all premade? I really wanted to go full skeleton team

**Just became Divineā€¦ it was such a neutral ending
I guess draining all source and fixing the veil would be the good ending
How hard shit hits the fan if you let everyone be "Divine"?**
holy shit those kickstarter credits never end

well shit, i fucked that up

How do you do it? scale Retribution to 10?
Also does Necromancy steals the health you reflect with Retribution back?

better to just make a custom party via multiplayer.

Just fuck my shit up.
All I can do is it sit in the corner waiting for Zorl-Stissa's shitty daggers to whittle him down 5% per round.

You scale it to 20, baby. Lone wolves are the only way to play.

Anyone have any idea how to fix the shity loading times?
I'd like to play the game without having 20 minute stops every time i load in or reload.

How can one vietnamese man be such a fucking nigger? It's become totally unfun to play with him and we haven't finished the story on our playthroughs and don't want to get spoiled with a janky ass run by a greedy kike that teleports everywhere and completes the quests without us even there.

If this guy wasn't my friend for yearsI would've smashed his little faggot mouth in, holy shit.

Removing Source and spreading source is pretty much the same fucking ending. And is also the most good/peaceful one.
Letting God King in is supposedly the bad ending.

Also SSD is a meme.