Canceled in 2005 for being an all around piece of shit that weighed more than a light machine gun

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Stargate_SG-1_-_Season_1
stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Micro_16_assault_rifle
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/10/14/hk-vindicated-no-problems-found-with-g36/amp/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/03/breaking-court-rules-hk-not-fault-g36-rifle-controversy-owes-german-govt-no-compensation/amp/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11420627/German-army-used-broomsticks-instead-of-guns-during-training.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What game OP?

People like the way it looks, not how it actually functions
t. captain obvious

Same reason we keep seeing the Pancor Jackhammer: It's a cool looking gun from 20 minutes into the future.

You're a big fish…

But the Jackhammer is at least, the XM8 was just a G36 with different molten plastic.

At least unique (it's a full auto shotgun with a drum magazine that turns into a mine), XM8 is just a really shitty rifle.

Talking about futuristic looking guns: I wish the WA 2000 would see ore love in video games.

It's about the look, not the actual gun or its function.

The Jackhammer was actually good, though it's looks are really the only unique thing about it. To learn why it's everywhere watch . It's educational and fun.

It's a goddamn fishgun with even moar melt than the standard G36 and US defense contractor incompetence on top of that.

The coolest combat shotgun that only ever had like two built. Fucking awesome operating system if you're a gunsmith or engineer though.

There were only ever a handful built, it's actually overrepresented in vidya.

LSD and feed design, by our powers combined.

It has Cold War written all over it, if you ask me.

gimicky as it may be i still think its cool looking as it comes

Man, the XM8 was my shit in Socom, always loved the gun after that.

Up to six may have been built, the only one that survives is the Showroom model Ian touched, the others had the proper detachable drums.

I still find it hilarious the P90 is actually perfectly justified (Gou'ld aligned Jaffa have heavy armor, most SG teams aren't primarily combat teams and can't lug around a full rifle like SG-3 does) without designing the world to fit it, meanwhile FN's marketing in the real world can't find a real use for it.

A FUCKING FISH

bcuz it looks funny. who cares about the inner workings of a gun as long as the outside looks unusual - everyone

Why are devs always a bunch of nogunz cocksucking faggots?

As the /k/ommando saying goes "There is nothing that quite says: I'm a ninja and I'm here to party, like a FN P90"

It's a shame STCop doesn't have Arsenal Overhaul's semi-only 16 inch ARs.

I'll admit, they are fucking fun to shoot, but if I actually have to use something and pay for the ammo I'd rather have a lel-kek or basically any 9mm SMG.

Leave.

>>>/k/

Was this gun inspired by a bull terrier? Why does anything that starts with X inherently shit?

They jam like a bitch when exposed to environmental hazards, though are simpler to fix and capable of handling more rust than the stoner. The AR though, oil it once and it'll work forever no matter where you are, just keep it from being too dry.

because the X in anything XM is the us military designation for experimental

Welcome to /k/

/k/ and Holla Forums have a huge overlap, for obvious reasons.

You can't shoot people in real life?

also still not has bad has the XM29 OICW

Any game with an AK-47 in it where it is actually depicting an AKM or clone.
No different AK's other than caliber.
Game devs are lazy fucks that need more gun
autism in their lives.

how fucking heavy was this thing

18 fucking pounds

That too, but another reason is that you can use all kinds of guns without having to spend thousands of dollars buying them with your own money, or if you are not from a select few countries, without being affected by the inability to legally acquire guns at all.

i can see it

That thing is a fucking 22nd century space gun.

I'm convinced anyone who designs these fucking future guns has never held a gun before, let alone had to carry one around all day

Yeah, but you got everything you need from this gun to become Rambo.

Is this designed for clobbering people over the head?

best part the 20mm grenades where supposed to be air burst rounds

In all honesty, as a SG1 fan, I would rather rock an AK on an SG team. Well, unless its a really open area, then an AR-10.

Fun fact: They accidentally aired that episode the day after 9/11. They didn't have a single other episode ready to play instead of it, and were forced to show that one, despite it looking *really bad* for them.

I don't need so much money to buy guns, I enjoy shooting colt snubbies and secondhand mac 10.

I mean in general, not just within the US military.

Fucking really?

They are US military, AK isn't gonna happen. Leave that to the Russians.

I do kind of wonder why they would use a P90 rather than a standard issue assault rifle. What did they use in the early seasons?

Because the caliber is small, it lets you carry more ammo.

Mp5s…
And it isn't inconceivable for US forces to use non US gear.

Mostly MP5s before they switched to P90s. Also G36K's and rarely M249's. I think their justification for the P90s is mobility, concealment and rule of cool, of course.

The US doesn't use the AK because it's a piece of trash.

Go the fuck back to tvtropes.

turns out the oicw was an Hk project and now they tried again with just the 20mm launcher called the xm-25

imfdb.org/wiki/Stargate_SG-1_-_Season_1
Mainly MP5s and AR-15s. They used pretty standard stuff early on, but once they hit past season 3/4, which is "syndication time" for TV shows, they decided to choose a gun that was visually unique, but also made sense for the SG teams. They chose the P90 because SG teams usualy encountered huge numbers (mag capacity) and was usable by absolutely anyone (ambidextrous). There were some other reasons but I'm pretty sure I forgot them.

During some of the show's later seasons, they actually had to switch off the P90s because the war in Iraq made 5.56 ammo too hard to come by, so they used some weird shit in season 6-8 or so.
stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Micro_16_assault_rifle

Why are the eternal krautcucks always looking for trouble?

That's odd, lots of SOG boys use AKs in nam.

But the P90 has its own unique caliber, only used by it and the Five-Seven. Did they actually still use that excuse, or does the P90 run on STANAG ammunition in SG-1 universe?

Also, one of the reasons the SG-1 might be using the P90 is due to relatively high armor piercing capabilities for such a small round. After all, that is what the P90 was designed for.

I miss Dugan.

I'm really confused. What were they hoping to accomplish by sticking an assault rifle underneath a… I'm not even sure what it is? Help me out here, /k/. I don't even think anti-tank rifles use up to 20mm rounds.

its 14 fucking pounds too they too a fucking assault rifle off it and it only lost 4 fucking ponds

It's a 20mm grenade launcher. Not sure if semi or full-auto, but some user here mentioned it was supposed to be airburst rounds.

There were more AK ammo scattered around.

How do you shoot the big gun on top? Where's the trigger?

its semi with a fire control computer in the scope

He meant 5.7mm. Ammo producers were not making blanks do to increased gov contracts.

My Certificate of Awesomeness needs to be framed…

its got a single trigger for both weapons

Sorry, got the specifics wrong. It wasn't the 5.56 ammo that was rare, but the ammo for the P90 that became rare.

The targeting computer was supposed to allow you to set a distance for the shell to explode at. It was supposed to be able to "shoot" around corners basically. It wasn't a bad idea but it was too absurdly expensive to justify an actual use when you could instead use and normal grenade, basically.

The idea was the rifle was for close shit while the 20mm airburst was for range and taking assholes out from behind cover.
And yes, there are anti material rifles that are 20mm.

Worst Korea used their electronics knowledge and made a better version. Can't for the life of me remember the designation.

So do they fire at the same time or how do you select?

shit was this thing in battlefield 4 maybe? it looked retarded too

But why not just start right here at ? Why add an assault rifle to the mix? It's not like it'd ever be cheap enough to mass produce and give one to every soldier.

A switch I presume. It's not exactly a novel concept.

Do you even Rambo, fag?

because hk

They wanted a jack of all trades. The result was master of none.

Because, the people that make those decisions, are worse than Cod kiddies when it comes to guns.
You could pack all the needed electronics in a rifle grenade for designated airburst. And mass produce the fuck out of them and save a fuck load of weight/training/money.

Generals/congress are a bunch of retards that should leave weapons procurement to the people actually using them.

Whatever happened to the HK416? From about 2007 to 2010 that was branded as the gun of the future, then it just disappeared.

Metal storm?

Case and point

Is HK the most autistic gun manufacturer in the world? They're like the James Cameron version of gun makers.

they are German so yes

Don't get me started on that, I know too little about aircraft to not make an ass of myself as I froth from the mouth.

Go look at a G11's action and try to figure it out. I fucking dare you. Watch makers are afraid of that thing, engineers/drafters/machinists are petrified by it.

Fuck the F-35. The americlapss strong-armed my cucked-ass government into buying a bunch of those.

fucking kruat space magic

If you watch Forgotten Weapons, you'll quickly learn a big lesson: The peopel that are actually in charge of choosing weapons for the military are the absolute worst people for doing that exact job. They'll demand specifications for guns, refuse to test any gun that doesn't meet them to the letter, and then choose whatever gun was farthest away from meeting said specifications, because adhering to them is absolutely retarded and means the gun is terrible.

SOG guys did not drink from the well they poisoned, they had ammo made back home. Besides that M14's and WW2 stuff was more their jam when they weren't being so covert most of the time
t.grandson of SOG guy.

It ain't that bad. The swedes tried to make a magazine fed revolver that doesn't even have a magazine. Try and understand that.

You mean the Dardik? That thing makes sense though.

All you need to know is that its been in development since the 90s, has had more funding then ALL OF NASA EVER, meaning it cost us less to get to the moon and every Nasa adventure, and in 2016 they can't get it off the runway without the engine setting itself on fire.
Also it performs worse then the F-22.

There's a gun there? All I see is trees.

Good God it looks like a fully automatic wheel lock.

Nein, the dardik worked, this thing is an abomination.

Holy shit!

For what purpose. They could've used a common vertical magazine instead.

Ever see a single stack magazine more than 10 rounds?

The P90 does the same thing, the purpose is to increase magazine capacity.

Yes, you stupid nigger

Or just used the P90's clever feed style that requires no moving parts to divert the rounds into the chamber.

I'm guessing the reason why they didn't use that though is because the bullets are "caseless" meaning there's no neck on them which means you need more complex feeding?

Well the 45 round mag for that G11 is longer than my Suomi 36 and 50 rounders. Does not translate into prone very well.

The magazine is in-line with the gun, stupid. That's why they have to turn the bullets 90 degrees before they're fired.

I think you missed what I was getting at mate.

Watch the embed, it's similar to the P90, so you'll understand what it does after seeing this.

Shut your whore mouth.

Heh

So that is why cocaine is illegal.

They just use it because it looked Scifi.

Ironic, because the M16A1 is more reliable than the AK in any environment.

Why do we never see this gun in vidya?

Except it wasn't a piece of shit and creamed the SCAR and AR15 platform rifles in dust tests.

The military just didn't want to bother paying for switching over to it.

That's one of the Bullet Girls games but don't bother they're crap.

Would love to see your proof of this.

Are you talking about the dust tests where user error was added into the malfunctions tally?

It was a great sniper rifle, but it was designed specifically for domestic police counter-terrorist operations. It was a shit standard military rifle no matter how you look at it, but people wish it had been made standard so that they could buy one for cheaper than 20k.

Anybody in this thread that claims the AK never jams is confirmed no guns.

If the shooters in the test don't know how to use an M4 or other AR platform rifles when those have been around and standard issue for fucking ages then that's indicative of some foundational issues with either the user design of those rifles or the military's training in general (which would throw the entire test's resu;lts into question anyways)

I highly doubt they used infantry for the tests. No infantryman worth his dick would forget to hold for the whole burst. Probably some no-nuts LTs

Oh FFS here we go.

Spoiler alert: They issue test guns to random infantry and see how it pans out.

Fuck fucking report and hide it dumbass

You can't call any gun that uses a land mine as it's magazine not the coolest fucking thing ever.

I want to see a 2D girl who literally fucks herself with her favorite gun's barrel and handle rather than look for a husbando.

>Hop in, Smithers

Don't be that kind of fucking shit4cucks t/u/mblr faggot using that as a pathetic buzzword for anything that nothing to even do with yuri subtext whatsoever.

That's not a lesbian, you fucking quad nigger.

You sound like an upset desperate virgin.

You're not either.

Not with the ammo they were using at the time which caused cases to swell and foul the gun so bad dumping more lube on it didn't help one bit. Imagine a gas port so clogged your gun is effectively a straight pull bolt action.

Weebs need to be gassed, before the blacks, but after the jews.

It looks futuristic thus advanced, of course it's going to keep appearing. Same with Jackhammer, Bullpups/P90's regardless of their irl performances.

Now gimmie a game that has real homemade-on-a-budget firearms and I'll care.

Fuck off, retard.

Metro. Now fuck off.

No offense, but this looks like a literal fucking toy.

Do you think the designers of that weapon are posting in this thread?

Yeah but it's only got two and you don't make them yourself you just buy them and they're made to specification.

Now what's crawled up your vagina boyo?

This guy is helpless.

You're just another insufferable normalfag tier retard spewing shit like "muh getting laid" and calling shallow whores that just want a different kind of dick sexy lesbians when you started off spewing more of it like "hetshit" for a simple quirky sexual comment about girls loving guns.

Fuck off and kill yourself.

No, I just don't want to insult /k/ommandos. They're funny as hell and interesting to me.

When they're ranting about stupid weapon designs they are pretty wonderful, yeah.

I don't get laid, bu I'm not desperate about it ,and I don't fap.

Bolt is rough and doesn't actuate well.
Loading is bullshit, have to manually remove stripper clip
Accuracy is ass, and it's not the round's fault.
Literally the only thing it has going for it is the price. If you're a dirty ass hobo and need a gun, the Nugget's your number.

I'd own a shotgun just for the satisfaction of hearing it load and reload in between cathartically blowing apart shit I want to see just that happen to in the next 5 seconds whether bored or enraged.

There's nothing desperate about what I said whatsoever, you obnoxious, pretentious retard. You're literally not better than anyone just for not relieving sexual urges, now do the world a favor and drink gasoline.

Don't they end up using some kinda gay Star Trek phaser like weapon near the end anyways?

What's wrong with lever action rifles? I think they are pretty neat, my great-grandpa had one and killed off coyotes and hunted just fine with it.

The image shits on everything except the G11 and the Nugget, don't read too much into it

It's a joke numbnuts.

Fair enough

Knew a dude who bought one recently and he didn't have problems with it. Guess its a hit or miss kind of deal when it comes to quality.

SG-1 was a general recon team, heavier SG teams deployed for combat roles (SG-9 was I think one of them) did indeed use more standard equipment. SG-1 was also Air Force, SG-9 was muhreens.

The P90 magazine has to be at least as wide as the cartridge is long, not practical for actual intermediate cartridges.

G11 uses caseless ammo which means no extractor grooves on a case to pull out a dud so it has to be set up to always push rounds out.

The humans use real life weapons the entire show, except a few stealth missions where there's a alien sidearm that disintegrates bodies. Even then, those missions always end with bullets flying from P90s.

A nugget is a perfectly serviceable and usable weapon. It's never great, but unless you treat it like literal garbage, it won't fail you.

My nigger.

That or give them fake names.

Apparently 'exploration'. I also mixed up SG-9 and SG-3, my bad.

I fucked up the order of my greentext. I was mainly Lamenting that we'd never get stories about the other SG teams. SG-1 was defined by both Hammond and directors as the "flagship team" meant for first contact. I loved the series overall, but the fact that they establish an SG team made of nothing but Russian nationals was operating out of their base, and they never did a single story about them really annoyed me.

Nioh has made me fall absolutely in love with these old Japanese Ozutsu. I'd love to see them in more games.

Is there any specific benefit to the hexagonal barrel?

Part of the problem with SG-1 is that they thought they'd be cancelled at the end of every season after 6 and kept getting renewed. That's why they stopped planning long-term and also why the enemies started getting sillier and sillier: every season had to wrap up the current antagonists in case it was the last and when they suddenly got renewed they then had to bring in a new, more powerful antagonist. I'd rather have a good SG-1 game, something like X-Com. There was a /tg/ game made for it I think and that lets you play as other teams.

It is literally the worst surplus rifle, its WWI contemporaries embarassed it, and the WWII rifles made it an absolute joke. The only reason Russia won was sheer volume. Russia has never once made a basic infantry rifle of legitimate quality compared to its comtemporaries, they only make the cheapest crap on earth. If it weren't for niggers, the title of "Orc" would belong to the Slav.

I'm not really certain. It might just be a quirk of old Nipponese smithing. Maybe it just so it wouldn't roll around.

Ian answered this in an FAQ, I think the answer was essentially 'aesthetics in the modern world, easier manufacture in the past'.

I can confirm that the stripper clips suck and the bolt is clunky. The appeal of the nugget is that it's cheap, simple, and hard to fuck up.

Oh, I know the bullshittery of the SG1 series very well. They thought they would be cancelled at every season from 6 onward. Season 10 was the only time they decided to plan ahead, and that was the season they finally got cancelled. But to be fair, Ba'al ended up being an awesome villain.

The fact that you can call any bolt action rifle "bad" shows you know very little.

Definitely but even then he was actually a character from the earlier seasons brought back and upgraded.

It'd be a shame if I was comparing it to the SMLE, Springfield, and Maus- Oh shit I was, wasn't I?

You can stabilize the cannon by placing it on a surface, such as a fence or a window.
Since the cannon is hexagonal it's a flat surface against another flat surface.

You can achieve the same thing with a flat piece of wooden furniture under the barrel though. It's more likely to be a manufacturing limitation.

I have a really soft spot for Calico, especially the carbine and I wish it wasn't plagued by all the problems it had

You're thinking of Atlantis' particle magnum.

This actually is from the future. It from the time where we have power armor.

i've never seen this gun any other game than fucking ayylien
fuck off with your "forced" meme gun, it never was forced to begin with

its the only way you can carry the 18 lb thing

This is the closest you'll get.

Off the top of my head Fallout 2, Far Cry 1, Battlefield 2 and Max Payne 1.

This kills the shoulder

the jagged alliance games turok had something like it

Quick history lesson for you, since you're retarded

Battlefield 3 I remember had it

Neat, how do you set that thing to kill?

You beat someone over the hear with it until they stop twitching.

Is this image for ants?

IT AIN'T ME

Where can I get one?

I fucking love military equipment that has a billion different functions built into it.

As others said, it looks pretty cool. Just look at older shooters that allow modding. Almost all of them have a xm8 mod made by the community. You can't blame this on game devs, the gamers themselves like this gun. That said, I am not a big fan of it, kinda looks like a toy gun to me.

That shit is ugly as fuck

I think games should definitely try new weapons. Like the attached small shotgun, or something like those shotguns where you can switch between normal shots and slugs.

I honestly think shooters are best when kept simple. No fully automatic rifles, only bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns or double barrel shotguns. Have pistols, but don't make them as OP as in cs:go where pistols deal more damage than rifles.

Winchester is fine, double barrel is fine, that sawed off pistol shotgun hybrid thing posted above is fine. I just like the "if you miss, you are dead" gameplay that you had in some of the older games. There was this Half Life map where you only had shotguns and the gauss gun and it was fun as hell.

the colt 6520 10mm pistol from fallout 1/2?

Thank you! I was looking for this. He's had to nuke most of his videos from youtube due to the ad bullshit.

Yeah I wanted to recreated some of those webm's because the quality is trash (hjad 8mb file limit back then) but couldn't because he deleted most of his vids.

What's wrong with the calico? I remember hearing it jams a lot, but then I read people saying it works fine with the right ammo.

These people are dumb, because ammo should have no effect on whether or not a gun jams.

It jams so much, it even jammed during the commercial I watched on Youtube a while back
Afaik you can rarely go through the 100 round
helical magazine without the thing jamming at least once or twice

what the fuck happened to my post

Youtube not even consistent with their bullshit is almost as annoying as their bullshit is to begin with.

Shame no one's uploaded all his deleted shit to another video hosting site either.

What the fuck. Did he get community striked for making weapons?

From what I've heard a bit of that and general demonitization. He privated a few videos but none are the kind you'd be looking for.

dakka/10

Hey, isn't that the guy from The Magicians?

Leave.

Certain guns won't cycle properly with underpowered ammo. That's the issue I read about.

At least it's not a FAMAS

Fish gun was pretty cute in its youth.

It's a fucking plasma gun.

You're a fucking plasma dumb.

How to make a coil gun

Holy shit just fucking kill yourself you double-nigger.

Everyone forgot picrelated?

Oh shit, I'm a nigger and thought he said it jams, which wouldn't be the ammo's fault.

Did you really just imply that cartridges aren't universally standard in size?

Nigger, what the fuck?

IF YOU BUY A 9 MILLIMETER PARABELLUM CARTRIDGE, THEY ARE IDENTICAL TO EVERY OTHER ONE IN SIZE. The other user was implying that ammo fails to feed because the ammo is bad. Failure to feed is always the fault of the gun shooting it.

You're a fucking idiot. COAL is a maximum standard that not all manufacturers will meet. For example Winchester in their WWB is at the maximum COAL for .45ACP, which is why for several years you couldn't use WWB in most FN produced .45's, their mags were set up for less than maximum COAL.

This was never true.

Folding stocks are only for storage. Telescoping stocks are for storage and make the rifle fit a variety of conscripts of varying age, sex and height. You can have both though.

You dont know how bad the jackhammer is at reloading do you

I have been schooled

Having to take the gun apart to reload it was only a problem with the prototype that was floating around if I recall correctly.

But yeah, season 2 is pretty fucking degenerate

If you look at the rear of the receiver you can see that yes, in fact, that AK does have both.

the fucking music

Stop making shit up
You haven't the first idea of what you're talking about.

There was a /k/ edit of that gun to make it look more ergonomic. Maybe someone has it.

To be fair the Jackhammer was a massive sack of shit anyway. Other guns available just a few years later like the Saiga 12k do the exact same thing without massive drums that are impossible to carry more than one of.

Eh, 12-gauge Saiga is not that great anyway. Saiga was originally marketed in Russia as civilian KALASHNIKOV that doesn't requires rifle permit, and that's why it was chambered for .410 shell that was previously unheard of in Russia, and 12 gauge version was later designed as poor man's USAS-12, so it's an afterthought.

Still works better than a fucking Pancor.

Do you even know how it works?

You might be on to something, user.

Nice argument, retard.

The box mag alone makes it better than a oversized, goofy, heavy fucking drum with a handful of shots.

Um wtf is this ass backwards design?
Okay I think they want to blast the operator's arm out of socket from the massive kick back.

Care to explain the uses of a folding stock beyond storage, then? keep in mind that "having the rifle on your person while not in use" is still a form of storage, so no saying "it's for paratroopers doing jumps" as if that's somehow not a form of storage.

a folding stock rifle can be used in more confined spaces so people like drives can use it if they really need to also the ability to turn your rifle from full size to sbr size can be useful in room clearing if for some reason you cant use an smg its the same reason for things like the colt commando and ak-74u a rifle round in a smaller then rifle package

So no matter what unless the trigger is actually depressed the gun is being stored. Good to know.

No more complicated than mosler vault 12 timelock movement assembly. So… just issue it to drafted safe and vault techs during ww3.

If I give you 9mm parabellum wad cutters, and it fails to feed, will you still blame the gun?
If I gave you a magazine without a spring, will you still blame the gun?
If gave you a coach shotgun, and it won't lock because the factory shells are too long, will you still blame the gun?

Wow user, you're so right. If you cram dumb shit into a gun that it wasn't designed for, it's the bullet's fault. When you try to shove a .50 cal bullet into my SKS, it's the *bullet's* fault that it's not loading, it has nothing to do with you being a complete dumbass

When you said
Did you really mean
Because if that's the case, all you had to do was correct yourself.

That's fucking great, I loved Laser Tag.

Let this faggot load 5.56x45mm into a .223. I wanna watch.

It's a pretty reasonable assumption that when I said a gun jamming or failing to feed is it's own fault, that I was actually talking about putting the ammo in it the gun was fucking made for.

The real icing on the cake is the fucking bayonet, it's a wonder it didn't have knuckle dusters built into the grip.

Looks like the kind of shit you fight Robocop with. I'd love to see what'd happen to his right arm if he fired the grenade launcher from that spot.

Reminds me of the light gun for the MegaCD, that pixelshit 'camo' is getting on my nerves too.

Is /k/ raiding us?

Is it a problem? Literally every one of the gun threads has lead to good discussion.

It's already on the way out, though it did actually work at breaking up the outline. It's a form of disruptive camo. Multicam has replaced it in the US

Nice one.

fukkin nice

This guy's shit isn't funny, it's the same conceit every time, he's a hack.

I wish that they went with a 6-7mm cartridge for the m16.

Kinda reminds me of this obscure weapon.

Notice how the first gun looks real even with the lol two triggers. The second one looks like a toy with all the unnessessary shit around the grip and the barrel. guns are from blade runner and its sequel if you're sauce-challenged

That's the 12.7mm Pistol in Fallout New Vegas.

I need to see the Gyrojet in a game someday

New Vegas also had flat out copy of Deckard's gun called 'That Gun'.

Fallout 1 and 2 had the more accurate version, double-trigger included.

The only real difference in those two is the slight change in angle on the neck, where as with x51 and .308 the brass externally looks similar but the thickness is way out of the way of one another where hot loaded .308 will fuck a gun up in x51.

6.5x45 has been a thing since 1965 and yes its basically a necked up .223 like .300blk.

topkek

Next you're gonna tell me a stock-less shotgun is more handy for home defense.

XII has the comfiest guns.

What are the two triggers for?

Deckards gun was a revolver with a 223 attached on top of it.

Not him, but a 20 gauge pump with a bird's head grip would be a pretty effective HD weapon.
Mind I said 20 gauge. 12 has its own issues for most people to handle in that config and adding ultra tight quarters doesn't help. And over penetration being an issue.
Also must be touched in the head. Folding stocks are there for ease of transport. If you're shooting without your stock out you're retarded, and need to go back to the range. As someone with a Wasr 10/63 with a Tantal stock in his truck. I can assure you that trying to shoot a full sized AK (let alone my front heavy fuck) without a stock, you are not going to hit much. Unless you single point pull that fucker and have the arms of a gorilla that is.

I'll raise

Never seen that one before. I assume it had a different firing rate based on the trigger pull?

Except that's not weird to have a trigger per barrel.

Weak squeeze (one trigger) for semi, tight squeeze (both triggers) for full auto.

IIRC, one trigger is for auto-fire, and another for semi-auto.

There is also such thing as double set trigger.

That sounds fucking retarded. I assumed the second trigger had a weight block that gave it a slower RoF or something.

Double trigger setup for Semi/Full auto is cool, but usage wise I think I prefer a progressive trigger (Light pull gives you one shot, all the way gives you full auto), even though like everything else requiring training and not a powerpoint presentation those have fallen out of favor.

Yep, he's most likely extrapolated that from playing too many turn-based tactical games like 7.62 or Jagged Alliance that make folding stocks give weapons a reduced AP cost to aim, and because he's so distant from reality he doesn't realize how stupid that shit is.

I've never heard of a bird's head grip, but I do know that Paul Harrel has done some videos on home defense weapons, as well as Inrangetv.

I suggest that other user watch this video to dispel himself from thinking that bullshit.

Folding stocks ARE for vehicle crews however. Not for firing out of, but to make ingress/egress less of a hassle.

It looks cool, and that matters more than /k/ autism.

In the book Deckard's gun has two modes of fire, bullet and laser. I'm guessing that's what the two triggers are supposed to represent.

That's adorable. Looks like a model from an N64 game brought to life.

Looks like a Turok gun

guys wtf I just had the worst case of deja vu rite now

Over /k/ being autistic about guns? They do it every day.

No I remember this exact thread previously, or atleast from to 13534458. I'm fucking spooked rite now.

Let's just run with the idea that this isn't a shitty bait post and just acknowledge the fact that the H&K G36 rifle did, does and always will be better at doing everything the XM8 set out to do.

It has better integrated sights, better rail positioning and better reliability than most modern battle rifles could ever hope for.

But by all means, bring it up and I shall tell you a tale, dear wannabe /k/ommandos

Those faces and Crocodile are the only things One Piece did right.

Amusingly, the Dragon was based on the OICW, which is what the XM25 and G36/XM8 were derived from. Pictured is an old XM8 mockup

Better than the XM8? Definitely.
Better than the AR? Pic related.

Only because Bundeswehr funding is none existent in addition to the usual cluster fuck that is military procurement.

See:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/10/14/hk-vindicated-no-problems-found-with-g36/amp/

All the rumors about the G36 performance issues were started by H&K in an attempt to "encourage" operators to upgrade to their H&K 416 platform.

Also, see:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/03/breaking-court-rules-hk-not-fault-g36-rifle-controversy-owes-german-govt-no-compensation/amp/

The (((German Government))) wanted to sue H&K for the non-existantissues to regain some money- and seeing as they're so poor that they had soldiers using broomhandles instead of mounted arms in training exercises, we all know there's Kikery afoot.

Forgot link, it's missing the pictures of the embarrassed soldiers looking like they're about to cry though.

I'll dig through my /k/ folder and see if I can find them- they looked close to tears.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Forgot again!

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11420627/German-army-used-broomsticks-instead-of-guns-during-training.html

Jesus what the fuck. If that were the US military, there would be a Quartermaster and an Armorer in front of the fucking Base Commander explaining where those fucking weapons are.

They haven't replaced the G36 when it's been long overdue. The guns are falling apart in soldier's hands. I don't understand why they've been starting a huge campaign to recruit more people when they can't even supply the ones they have right now.

You mean C96s? I guess the perks of joining the military here is that it's the only way you get to legally shoot one of those.

Oh god nevermind.

Like I said, H&K aren't even close to the bad guys in anything you've heard in the news…

There is something severely fucky going on in the (((German Government)))…

Reminder german government bans people with "right wing" views from conscripting.

So they rely on left wingers wanting to be a part of the military? Do they have a military? Is it like five guys in Che Guevara shirts?

I think they rely on trying to make the (((EU Army))) filled with niggers diversity, ISIS fighters multiculturalism and suicidal lefties tolerance

What's the best conceal carry handgun?

Deagle brand deagle. Use an IWH and tell people it's your cock.

Test