CAVE shmups

So Im not all that proficient with shmups and their bullet hell variants, so I decided to check out Cave´s titles and stick with the one I like the most until I 1CC it.

the thing is that some of the later titles have multiple revisions and rereleases and Im getting a bit lost here, like games having "black label" versions and such.

for example Mushihimesama has some later revision that did not come out on steam, and I do not have an xbone360noscope , should I emulate the arcade version on MAME or stick to the steam version? is there a chance of CAVE porting more of these titles over to PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=34497
world-of-arcades.net/Cave/DdpDaiOuJouBl/Hardware.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Degica has been porting them, usually one per year and they've been selling consistently well.
Haven't heard news of a new port in a while though, and no release this year it seems.

the mushihimesama & dodonpachi daifukatsu steam ports are good deals imo they include all the versions of those games and a practice mode.
cave used suicide batteries in some of the black label pcbs which makes them a pain to emulate

black label are just rearrangements of the games that are usually harder and have some mechanical tweaks for scoring, think of them like a dmd mode for shmups.
i haven't tried emulating mushihimesama futari. but most of the standard boards emulate with no issue at all.
if you're feeling overwhelmied, dodonpachi is a good starting point that deals with all the fundamental systems of cave games and you can run it in fightcade. progear & deathsmiles are some of the easier shmups so maybe check them out as well.
>shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=34497

hopefully but they're still in a shitty place financially and mostly seem focused on ios ports these days ;_;

suicide batteries? what is that copy protection or what?

>world-of-arcades.net/Cave/DdpDaiOuJouBl/Hardware.htm

How is Muchi Muchi Pork as a comedic shmup in general? The only cave shmup i played was progear and it was okay. I'm planning to try cave's more popular titles but Muchi Muchi pork looked charming for a side shmup.

for what I played of it you fly around in a pedal powered ship with a big tittied pig girl waifu shooting down giant robot toys

you tell me

I want to fuck that thicc pork so bad

Someone say CAVE?

BATTLE GAREGGA 2016 SOON.

to PC? tell me more

No, just US PS4 tomorrow as far as I know.

PS4
Game Tengoku is coming soon as well for PS4 and PC though

It's already out on the xbone and it's out tomorrow on the PS4. No PC version yet

this being a japanese dev Im not getting my hopes up for a PC release

What the fuck does one thing have to do with the other nowadays?

I can see Degica probably picking it up eventually

Single-credit clear Espgaluda. Screw all their multi-loop crap.

For fuck's sakes.

I'd like to see it released on PC. Touch input could easily be handled by a mouse.

Wait, Cave is a company? I thought when people said Cave shooter, they were talking about Cave Story-inspired shmups because they take place in a "cave"

(like, you go "deeper" into the villain's base)

They're pretty well known for bullet hell shooters man.

She cannot hope to dodge the white water flooding the inside of her cave.

Casual 360 players.

Shmups really are dead.

Literally, yes.

I prefer G.rev's shmups over Cave shmups

Both are still better than Treasure

I played Raptor:COTS demo when I was a kid. Then TH6 a decade ago. Sue me

I got into shmups recently (I used to play them a while back but at a casual level) and I love them. I've been playing DoDonPachi DFK for a few months now with some Mushi, Daioujou and Touhou in-between. I want to get a real stick for them since I've been using the Xbone controller dpad and now that I'm getting better at them I feel like this is screwing me over on tight dodges.

Daily reminder that DFK Arrange A it's fugged up badly on PC since there's no slowdown at all.
I wish they would port Mushi Futari and Saidaioujou to PC, mobile is truly the cancer of this industry.

I'm on Loop 2 Stage 1 of Star Prince in Retro Game Challenge. It's getting pretty hairy.

At least this confirms definitively that CAVE was the pure cancer we always knew it to be.

I prefer just about everyone's shooters to CAVE's, but especially IREM, Seibu/MOSS, Raizing, and MileStone.

Making retarded business decisions is hardly "cancer".

Did you get Senko no Ronde 2?

How much is too much for a shoot 'em up? I'm looking at 35 bucks for Battle Garegga Rev.2016 and eh…

I FUCKING NEVER GOT THAT! Damn I feel stupid.

I don't get it