Unofficial Gamenight Weekend: SWAT 4

Starts Friday 3PM EDT/8PM GMT

SWAT 4: Gold

SWAT 4 is a tactical first person shooter in the mid 2000s featuring slow, intense gameplay. The game features both PVP and Co-op modes available for multiplayer up to 32 players. The Stetchkov Syndicate is the official expansion for SWAT 4 adding a new PVP gamemode, more equipment and items to use alongside more maps to the game.

We will be using The Stetchkov Syndicate this gamenight (SWAT4X) for Co-Op and PVP.

WHAT DO I NEED?

mega.nz/#!PcVjRa4T!gfmYqM3OPS97eZXiiDXsUzWbuS15_QDdd_wAASC6Dnk
Extract it wherever and run SWAT4X.exe in SWAT 4/ContentExpansion/System.

github.com/sergeii/swat-patches/tree/master/swat4stats-masterserver#master-server-patch
Put the Engine.dll files in your SWAT 4/Content/System and SWAT 4/ContentExpansion/System directories.

GAMEMODES AVAILABLE

SERVER INFO

Name: Infinity Gamenight
Password: infv

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/r/dyx5zz1r
moddb.com/games/swat-4/addons/mega-map-pack
moddb.com/mods/ssf-realism-mod-32
ghostbin.com/paste/3x3q8
ghostbin.com/paste/qjqzg
ghostbin.com/paste/xyuaq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FAQ

If you're using Windows, go to Control Panel>Sound>Communications>Do Nothing for the attenuation setting.

Change the WindowedViewportX, WindowedViewportY, FullscreenViewportX and FullscreenViewportY in System/SWAT4X.ini (SWAT4.ini for base game) and make the file read only.

Download the server list fix in the OP. If the server list doesn't auto-update itself remember to hit the update button.

You don't.

Avoid sharp turns, walk instead of running when moving, crouch for improved accuracy and zoom when possible for the most accurate shot.

Reminder of our tactics

Never played SWAT 4 but this is the time to redeem myself. Downloading now lads

It's definitely a fun and fucked up game, I'd suggest running through the training one or two times first just to get a hang of it. It's a very slow paced game, in preliminary testing yesterday it took us an hour to unsuccessfully clear out two floors of a building.

LUCY IT'S THE POLICE

downloading

do we need a chat server for this?

WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU

Why not Raven Shield or Ghost Recon?

I don't want to play as a cop. Cops are boring and nothing is at stake in those missions.

In R6 you fight international terrorism and in GR you prevent WW3 from breaking out.

When did we run SWAT 4?

Also,

Friendly reminder that GR1, the only good GR, predicted the 2008 Russo-Georgian war despite being released in 2001.

Downloaded and attempted to play the mission. Haven't figured out the controls.
Where is the tutorial? I can't find it

There was a SWAT 4 gamenight a while ago.

Just want to change things up. Hell we should play ARMA: Cold War Crisis sometime.

Run Swat4.exe (the base game) to play it. Swat4x.exe is the expansion which in my opinion is inferior because it makes the game far, far too easy.

On the main menu called Training in base SWAT 4 (Content/System/SWAT4.exe) under the career mode button.

Maybe a year or two ago, I can't remember if or when there was a SWAT 4 gamenight. Definitely don't remember any this year.

I know some guys over at >>>/radcorp/ were planning some games including Arma: Cold War Crisis. Might want to try those guys for additional vidya to play on weekends.

Thanks anons!

IF YOU CAN'T SEE THE SERVER HIT UPDATE, NOT REFRESH

Could always experience the horror show of John Romero's magnum opus

It did, but from the MSM "Russians are da bad guys!" perspective when in reality it went like this:

*this is the moment when U.S. suddenly cares and mainstream media covers the conflict, going with the 'Russian aggressor' narrative*

The funny thing is that the Russian force sent to deal with the invading Georgians was just a scout division, meant to hold and stall until the real army arrived. Yet this inexperienced division consisting of young drunks managed to push the Georgians all the way back and stop the war.

What happened? I can't find the server now

Of course, but it's still interesting.

All of the buttons on the UI are blank. Is that normal?

It is. Tom Clancy games in general always have a very deep and realistic plot.

Well, the early ones anyway. Chaos Theory is the last semi-believable one though it's pushing it.

Might be the resolution you picked.

Are we playing now?

I thought it was on Friday.

It was nearly close as Sam fought against an anti-establishment spy who wanted to fight the deep state.

Seems to be 7 fags in.

Starts on Friday but we already got 8 people in playing Co-Op. If more show up I'll swap to PVP.

You just had to remind me of that movie didn't you.

So far so good tonight.

We were going to try flashpoint, problem is the game has no join in progress (i.e. everyone must be in the server when the game starts). This doesn't really lend itself to the gamenight format considering the average length of missions. We might do arma 1 in the future though.

I was actually gonna host a HCE gamenight this week because people were asking for it last gamenight, was about to make the OP

Is the server down?

It unintentionally was for about 20 minutes, should be back up now.

I'm lonely here. Is anyone going to play?

will be there in a bit, apparently I uninstalled swat 4, even this crippling pain in my leg won't stop me

Well a little minimod if hostfag is interested. All I have done is enable more weapons for selection in mp even in co-op.
It goes in SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\System
volafile.org/r/dyx5zz1r
I recommend saving your old file first somewhere safe as you won't be able to join other servers without it.

scratch that, it's not for dedicated. I'll need to play around a bit more and try and remember shit first before I make one that works on dedicated.

Well shit.

SWAT: Dark blue, black or light blue depending on skin picked.
Suspects: Typically camouflaged green, tan, or black/white depending on skin.

It's not that hard. Unless you have literal autism with pattern recognition problems.

How?
That being said since you're doing SWAT 4 OP I'll have to hold off on Custom Edition till a future date it seems.

You fags only have yourselves to blame if you die.

SwatGuiState.ini faggot.

Some of the gamemodes autoswitch you after every round.

i probably do tbh

were you thinking of me

Whats worse is that you did it after I complained about it wew

kek

Bumping with old school /radcorp/ SWAT 4 shit. Wear the emblem proudly boys.

downloadin

Is this shit still on?

8 fags in server when I left

Keep in mind SWAT 4 is a low playercount game and Co-Op runs well with 5-10 players in it. I've not seen what happens when 11+ try to do Co-Op but I imagine madness.

Custom maps can get pretty big, which would easily offset large server pop issues.

Is it normal for the game to run like ass and crash when "internet" is selected on the server screen when the engine files are changed?

Seems like anons are done for the night, going to let the server take a nap until tomorrow.

what happened on that webm? it look funny as shit

Someone shooting a kid in the back with an airsoft. A dick move but apparently the kid was a fucking dick himself.

I think the guy was just a cunt.

Are those custom maps?

100/100 requires nobody get injured, even suspects. You've got to be full non-lethal and report everything.

I hope this turns out to be good because the devs collecting feedback here was a good sign

Except that's what happened. Fugged up and forgot to screenshot it, but it was flawless

They should come play SWAT 4 with anons :^)
Sage cause I hit New Reply early like a mong

Did any officers get wounded?

game freezes for me once I select internet in the server browser, what do?

Are you using your own copy of the game? If you are did you use the modified Engine.dll?

Oh and the game hates dual monitors for whatever reason, might be that.

I'm not, I just downloaded the one from the OP and I don't have dual monitors either.

Nope.

Well that's weird, I think perhaps punching someone or hitting them with the grenade launcher's grenades counts as wounding (wounding but still mobile reduces score I think). It's also possible a criminal or hostage was hit in the hand or something by a stray lethal round from an armed suspect, those also count as wounds. Was it the arcade level? I seem to remember you can lose points if someone flushes drugs in that one.

Funny enough it was arcade and might have been drug flush. Nothing that would suggest a deduction on score though appeared at end.

It's just something I remember coming up before. I'm pretty sure it should at least show 19/20 evidence or something though.

That's why it's odd, everything was around 10/10. No deduction could be seen anywhere.

It works better in WINE on linux.

Can't wait to get home from work and fire up this beauty. I missed the time when this game was popular and honestly only heard about it this year, I'll be joining you guys as soon as possible.

Would it be possible for us to use the Mega Map Pack v2.0 so we have more levels to play? We used it for a previous SWAT 4 game night a year ago.

We also used the SSF Realism mod then also, I'm not sure if that's required.

moddb.com/mods/ssf-realism-mod-32

Reminder that 40mm Grenade Launcher > Reddit Shotgun
Though seriously, Batons can clear an entire room while beanbag shotgun just pisses people off

LOL

clearly the sticky went to the RIGHT choice in gamenight this being said multiple offweekend gamenights are fine since thats the point

Problem is the stickied one gets the focus, should sticky them all :^).

would just further the fact he's an attention whore. That being said the HCE gamenight had been planned for this week on radcorps, the swat 4 thing came out of nowhere

Beanbag shotgun is great, anons are just retarded.

None of you fags posted a mumble server? Fucking hell I know 2 we can use for it. This game is unfun as fuck if you don't have mics.

address:mumble-us2.cleanvoice.com
port: 64853

address: swamp.li
port: 64738

Eh, out-of-game VOIP leads to circle-jerks in my opinion.

You can just use G ingame to use VOIP, no need for this Mumble bullshit.

Press G to micspam.

It leads to actually understanding each other. In-game mics are garbage quality.

And anyone who says they don't want to install mumble are windows faggots who haven't learned to use a package manager like chocolatey, think downloading software is 'effort' despite having done it for 100s of other useless shit they never use and therefore are retarded and probably not worth playing with anyway.

I know what the key is I bought this shit the month it was released on gog.

Fuck it, anons want to install Teamspeak?

I forgot it's actually possible to buy SWAT 4 nowadays, it's always been that game faggots would swap CDs in my mind.

or

Guess which is mumble and guess which is TS. If you're going to go full botnet/reddit you might as well just use discord.

>not skype :^)

The only thing anons need to understand is that Bluecucks spend most of their time behind closed doors to afraid to open them and also being too scared to use real guns while Redchads just charge in full lethal and win the map in few minutes.

Don't worry, Red and Blue will both get a chance to prove who is better when later tonight both teams square off on each other in PVP.

Blues are Jews
Reds are Rads

Webm related.

completely unrelated but is the BFBC2 multiplayer still online?

Completed SWAT 4 3 times on hardest difficulty perfectly, can't wait to play.

Oh god dammit all to hell. It refuses to connect on my SWAT 4 install, maybe because I modded it. Guess I'm downloading the Mega link. Fuck mega, that limit bullshit drives me insane.

I played it last year and yes it is. There are some hacked servers where XP gain is boosted by over 3000x or so, so a few kills can max level you. It is a good game but unfortunately I forgot my old account and my CD key on my copy was tied to it, meaning I can no longer play it.

alright thanks dude

Note that you CANNOT pirate it and play online, you need a legitimate CD key or buy it from Origin, Steam or some 3rd party CD key reseller like Kinguin.

yeah i know, im not underage user :)

Had a good session just there. Might play more tonight if I don't get wrapped up with Path of Exile or something else.

W-where is everyone? D-don't leave me alone anons

Fine, I'll join in again you queer.

Geeze user, don't fill your pampers. More will be along soon.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I'll join if you tell me how the fuck I fix this

JOIN IN FOR TACTICOOL BANEPOSTING

WE PVP NOW

16/16 server full

Try Infinity Test Serb and let me know what happens if you can't join.

RIGHT

"File is incompatible with the version on the server:'SWATEQUIPMENT.INI'"

weird, I played yesterday, didn't change anything

Guess that means that it works sortish.
Basically used the .ini file from

and got it working with a dedicated server. It will be needed to play. Anyway thanks user, taking down the test now.

Yep. And here I got all geared up again.

ah ok, np

do you have any bigger maps?

I'll be restarting server after this round to allow 32 slots, be patient for a few more minutes.

Mind and press update and not refresh to find the server anons. Did SWAT really just kill their own VIP?

it's that 10 meter cone with guns, man

For any fellow linux/wine fags, use winetricks to glsl=disable This fixes the characters appearing solid black

And if you alt-tab your mouse will no longer jail. To fix it go back to main menu, then options, change something small, then go back to main menu. Might fix it. If not just restart the game.

This is why we need multiple games for gameweekend

Dunno what happened to the gaylo anons but I sure could go for some shitposting with Todd Howard

server has space now>>13531479

Fucking leafs.

It's because as the suspect, you have to hold the VIP as hostage for the demands and then kill him. Think of it as an ISIS beheading: You can't commit terror when they're already dead.

FUCK cops and FUCK VIP morons

You can always vote for other PVP modes if you don't like VIP. :^)

I HATE VIP

TRAILERS

ggs

I think the gamemode has changed to bomb defusal.

BUMP THE PLAYER LIMIT TO THE MAX

Is it upped somewhere else?

RUSE FUCKING MASTER

RandomUser you fucking legend. I love you.

Back up now.

Serber down?

server is the back up

I hate the fact that the outfits between the two groups are near identical. Shit is a pain in the ass to identify people. The terrorists should use the enemy models from co-op.

The big red bar on the back is a bit of a giveaway but yes it's annoying for me too.

TRAILERS

TRAILERS

TRAILERS

Where did everyone go?

Ragequit

I needed a break to make sure my legs were okay.

I've been playing for the last 3 hours nigger. Have to go at some point.
Never 4get that I made TRAILERS a meme.

Can we switch from this lame gamemode to coop?

Sure, just reconnect and update your browser.

I just find it weird that we go form 10-15 people to 3 in the same time.

Eurofags need to come off, Burgers are still eating Burgers

could always play the good version instead

Why even fuckin live

That's what the E.Y.E. Devs are doing for their next game.

Judges are tactical in the same way that Space Marines are "tactical".

getting error when i try to start swat4.exe

entry point not found
[email protected]@[email protected]@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Core.dll.

Fug, those were not emails, the @ must have thrown it off.

pls help

E.Y.E is good

WHY ARE THERE 2 SERVERS?

plz can't join game
what do

Is there anything visual for such a project? like concept art, models or maybe even screenshots?

It'd still be fun.
The Judges operate in duos sometimes.

I guess I deserved it
See you lads next week

So is there any fix for the game running like shit and crashing when internet is selected after the engine.dll files are changed, or am I fucked?
Does it just not work with GoG's Gold edition?

nvm
I was starting swat4 instead of swat4x

Not sure how you managed to do that when nobody has been banned or anything. None of them admins have mentioned anything to me.

Well someone called me out for killing civs, which in all honesty I did, not out of malice but out of not gitting gud, and before I could switch to non-lethal I was banned from the server.

I was never called out for it though, I wasn't the only one hitting civs of that I'm sure

Wrong place wrong time, you were the example that had to be made. Civs started dying less after that ban, so thanks I guess.

You know you can just come to chat and say "Stop killing civs or I ban u" and most people will comply, banning from the shadows is just disgusting. Well, only regret is not having the chance to test out the taser.

Like I said, swift, decicive action is what strikes fear into hearts of others. If we are to keep anons in line how can we allow it to appear as if we don't take video games VERY seriously.

I accidentally dismissed future reports on the OP of this thread and there's no way to undo. If you need us to unsticky the thread please report a different post in the thread, thanks and my bad.

That's making them run into a minefield, not knowing if the next thing they do is going to be a bannable offense, and sucks all the fun in playing with anons. Least you can do is set it straight from the get go so no poor soul unfortunate enough to catch an admin in a bad mood gets b& for something he didn't even know was worth being b& for.

git gud

I want to FUCK Iori!

The unpredictability of the game reflects the uncertainty of life, and the vindictive nature of god. If you can't come to terms, maybe you aren't fit to serve our lord?

server is lagging hard, please fix

Now you're just getting autistic

Autism? How DARE you level such accusations at a crusader such as myself. Jesus died for our sins and yet you spit in his face, as if you're some sort of
HEBREW
O lord, this hebe whoms't blaspheme before me, may his soul be spared your harshest torments, for he does not know whom he defiles

really dug all that lag

have a good ngiht guys

gnight my dudes
TRAILERS

This shit is the best.

Did I miss it?

you're really unfunny honestly

For fuck's sake.

Kid burned the guy's patch when another group invited him in. Kid then played internet tough guy on Facebook.

too bad the gun isn't real

I'm using it with GoG and Win7, seems to work. Try running the game with the original engine.dll then closing it and run it again with the modified one.

So heard user managed to get a minimod to work for coop? Does this mean we will get more weapons?

Welp im finally ready and able to play, ill hop on once we start getting more players
furthermore ill be streaming some tunes on the /rad/io if you want to tune in >>>/rad/24

forgot to mention my stream is "fug" but ill tell the others to put their streams up as well

Probably got vote kicked or something. Again, none of my admins have banned anyone or told me they banned anyone.

Nice job making it pointless, dumbass.

yeah dont mind me im just a bit of a fucking moron

>>>/rad/24

What do you mean by burn his patch?

So anons want to play another round of VIP tonight? :^)

Yes :^)

Checked and yes

Why the fuck can't we change game mode? Most of us left because coop is boring with over 4 people.

A patch as in a velcro patch for a made-up airsoft unit user.

sad

unless it was a NOD or a stalker patch or something top tier when it comes to patches, i dont think giving a kid an airsoft magdump to the back is worth it.

two people leave server at the same time
everyone starts leaving the server for no reason
Holla Forums game nights in a nut shell

If fags want PvP I can change it just now.

Enable voting for different game modes instead.

Do it

Enable voting for different game modes instead.

I am currently on 8.1
This doesn't seem to fix anything. Both versions still crash when internet is selected.

What you described happened to me a long time ago. I don't remember what caused it. It's not happening to me now, so you might consider reinstalling to see if that fixes it, because that is apparently what I did. If you've already done that, my "fix" was to join by direct IP instead of using the server browser. Not a good solution here, because as far as I know, the server IP has not been posted.

Not hostfag

Think server crashed.

server ip
ghostbin.com/paste/3x3q8

Restart the server hostfag. It's laggy as fuck.

Let me guess, you're that guy who updated 7 to 8.1 believing it would boost his system and his Gamer Performance™

RESTART THE SERVER HOSTCUCK. IT'S LAGGY AS FUCK

has nothing to do with OS version

an intel onboard vido card can handle this gmae?

yes, it shouldn't be an issue.

No idea where hostfag is but server should be set to pvp now.

I once got it to run on a shitty old toaster laptop with integrated graphics so you should be good.

It's a game from 2004. You can play it on anything.

RUNNING AND HANDLING IT ARENT THE SAME THI NG, IM PRETTY SURE IT CAN RUN PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING BUT LESS THAN 40 FRAMES AT 720P ISNT PLAYABLE FOR ME

sorry forgot caps on, too lazy to writte that shit again

Stop typing like a retard and yes you can.

We should just stick to coop. Seems like PvP kills the serb.

Coop sucks with over 7 players.

Custom maps
WHEN?
W
H
E
N
?

CHANGE IT TO CO OP

Changed, however hostfag really needs to sort his serb.

I don't think I am coming back until hostcuck fixes that fucking lag.

Lag seems fine now.

i lke it

does someone still have that map pack that was included in the swat threads circa a year ago

anyone got the password for the Holla Forums starwars battlefront server?

I still do
What I have is something called SWAT4_MegaMapPack_v2.0

There are some really shitty maps in there but a lot of decent to great ones. The vanilla maps definitely get old after doing the same ones multiple times per session.

tbh I'm sure some of us work weekends, I sure do

Whoever the hostnigger is needs to add some fucking maps.

Low pop server: Door kicking, hostage rescue, and tactical action

High pop server: RIGHT WING DEATH SWAT

So the Mega.nz link got killed.. ironically considering the game. So who snitched and who got a new link?

Server is empty, so letting my server get some well needed sleep after this weekend.

Thanks for coming out to play, hope you lads had fun this weekend.

Thanks it was really fun

It's over for this weekend?

I hope not

Server dead? Can't find it anywhere in list.

I'll be running an encore day for SWAT 4, last chance to come in and play and have fun!

I'll see about putting it on the Vola.

Okay, Server?
Also, do we even need a new link? I think that everyone who wanted to play already played it.

Infinity Gamenight, same name and pass as before.

You guys playing today?

GET IN HERE

2 GUYS ATM WE NEED MORE

Yeah.
2 people, and i am joining now, more will join.
It was the same load yesterday at this hour

Yeah.
2 people, and i am joining now, more will join.
It was the same load yesterday at this hour

Alright, I'm gonna unsticky at midnight then.

have fun

6 GOYS, get in here now

I would but I'm tired of the same fucking maps in coop. Gets boring quick. I've been playing since friday and I've played through all of these missions already.

If you want it switched to PvP I can try it shortly. Unless hostfag is already there, in which case autistically screech at him while I get my tea.

HOST FAG ADD MEGA MAP PACK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i know im late but can someone upload a torrent ? thanks in advance

NEED PVP

WE NEED MORE MAPS

YOU STUPID HOSTNIGGER YOU MAKE US PLAY THSES FUCKING VANILLA MAPS WHAT THE FUCK.

OOGA BOOGA WHERE MUH PVP AT NIGGA

Host dont be a nigger and give us PVP

PvP right now

okay co-op now

How can more people play if there is no…
FUCKING WORKING TORRENT YOU FUCKING SHITES!!!!!!!!!!

there are plenty of working torrents available, including the gog installer.

If you aren't willing to post a link then I'm not willing to play. Makes this thread pointless(U+200B was here)., and should be removed from the sticky.

I missed the part where OP's link went down
ghostbin.com/paste/qjqzg

VIP is best gamemode.

5 Operators in here

JOIN UP

Im downloading.

thanks for the gamenight lads

OH BABY!

Thanks for playing, everyone. It was a ton of fun!

Goldeneye music.

I dont see any servers.

Use the .dll in OP

Where did everyone go?
:(

Yeah I went to that folder and opened it the application.

you have it on lan mode. select internet mode.

I checked that already.

Did you launch TSS? (Swat4X.exe)

I did what the OP said to do. Went to Swat 4/ContentExpansion/System, found SWAT4X.exe and now I have Swat 4 - The Stench syndicate running, I went to multiplayer and clicked Internet and see no servers.

did you click update?

It said its updated, im on 1.0.

Reminder you can break your legs in this game.

nobody playing

I'll be playing in a few.

I would play if it would work.

it sounds like you didn't put the replacement engine.dll from the op in the right folder or it can't contact the master server for some reason.
however, you can just direct connect if it doesn't work:
ghostbin.com/paste/xyuaq

Nice.

I guess that's it for the weekend. Thanks hostfag for the server. Good policing. Would gas again.

I'll keep server up for another 4 and a half hours, after that my gamenight is done. Thanks for showing up, hope you lads enjoyed it.

Grenades will auto lock on and swerve to anyone near your reticle.