When are we getting V?
Why wasn't she in IV?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.videogamesdaily.com/features/dmc4_iv_p3.asp
archive.is/3kMl
twitter.com/SmegmaKang
twitter.com/AnonBabble

user YOU FOOL!!

Do you really want to be a modern Devil May Cry with current year Capcom.
Dude just let it go, forget everything under Capcom, there are other Cuhrazyee games that deserve attention.
I'm working on one too low-key

why do those animals have anuses instead of noses

Because she went on to live a quiet life

Tetradev, is that you?

Why bother?

We did get a fifth Devil May Cry lol

Right now. Behold.

Don't worry, the new Devil May Cry Skin for Dead Rising 4 is coming out soon!

Every time I think Crapcom has finally sunken to their absolute lowest, they pull this shit. Someone please euthanize all of their employees already.

Because she was a shallow anime trope.

I have faith in Itsuno.
I just hope it takes place after DMC2

Donte knows what to say here.

Wasted dubs.

someone's soul hasn't been filled with light

I hope you like Dragons Dogma 2
casualized and raped for the West with none of the cut shit intended for the first game

never ever

No but that said I would like one done with Platinum games and Itsune I may of gotten his name wrong

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
and Devil May Cry 4
That's only 4 games

Get this normalfag outta here. There are only four games and three of them are good.

That shit still pisses me off. What a faggot.

His studio makes budgetary titles now because of hard the wuboot flopped, so the faggot got what he deserved.

I thought we want a good game.

fuck off shill

The level of shit taste in this thread is getting out of hand.

yeah, you're the front-runner

Platinum is fucking trash and deserves its mediocre existence.

If it can be assured that it's gonna be made indeed by Capcom and not by some numale gaijin faggots again, we might have something to talk about. But even in that best case scenario, like some user already mentioned here, I don't want any [current] gaming sequels to classic franchises. All of them have been shit. Gaming is dead, we should be grateful it ran for as long as it did.

At least they have good taste

Everything is better than Kamiya.

Filtered

you take that back

Even Tameme?

Nothing is worse than Tameme.

Tameem doesn't even count as human, come on now.

No thanks.

Apologize to Kamiya

Therefore, Kamiya is Tameme.

WHY IS HIS NECK SO LONG

Kamiya can suckle my nuts, user.
This doesn't mean I dislike his games, but I do not want him anywhere near my DMC.

That's gay.

Why? He made it.

You're a faggot user.

S-so d-does anyone want to ask about the game I'm making

Only if he actually does it.

And then he left. No need to come back now.

yno

Are you kidding me?

A bit.

What? It's good that he left, he didn't run the franchise into the ground like fucking Kojima. It's a bad idea in general to let creators run-a-muk with their property. But after almost 20 fucking years of making different games though? Yeah, he should come back, he would have the freshest ideas. Your argument is very normalfag-like.

And just what might that include, user?
QTEs? The Platinum formula that shows in their every game? From MGR to even that fucking Korra game.
I fear he'd treat it like his chance to redeem his Scalebound failure.

err, user, Kamiya's last game as a director was The Wonderful 101 in 2013.

I'm certain his studio wasn't influenced by him and he was not influenced by his studio over the years, right?
I have little faith that he'd not involve his studio if it came to making DMC.
Otherwise he'd have to either crawl back to capcom for this one project or get a separate team together and capcom gets to slap their name on it.

Not, actually. He's been disassociated with Platinum creatively for so time now, hence why he didn't do anything with them since 2013.
Well that's a different matter. I sure as fuck don't want to see Platinum work on a DMC game. But DMC belongs to Capcom, so unless they hire Platinum to develop the game, Kamiya would have to go back there, as a freelancer, to work on it. This is implying best case scenario that he wants to and made peace with Capcom's headhonchos.

And if even one of those is not true, I'd prefer he stay away for the time being.
I said before I like his games, but I just don't see him in the condition right now to do it.
At the same time if DMC5 really doesn't live up to the hype, guess who would get all the blame after returning and not delivering?
I don't think he needs that right now.

Platinum already made a new DMC, it's called Bayonetta.

What hype? DMC5 is not in some development hell after being teased a long time ago, like, say, The Last Guardian or FF15, and overhyped by the community for 10 years. DMC4, while I really like it, was considered a disappointment and Donte May Cry was such a dumpsterfire that HD remaster of the classic games sold more copies. At this point people want anything DMC, the series is virtually dead. People shit their breeches just seeing Dante in MvC. It seems only appropriate that the guy who made it should come and save it. There's nothing Kamiya could do, being a good director without any blemishes on his career (again, he had nothing to do with Platinum shit for the last 5 years) that would be considered worse than Donte Makes Cringe or current state of the series.

Get this normalfag the fuck outta here.

ftfy

Game aside, DMC2 has objectively the best design. Not debatable.

Black Dante when

Platinum is fine, it's just that they can't seem to get away from their usual witch time and QTEs formula, and I'd rather keep DMC as it used to be only with actually good enemy design. Jesus fuck Itsuno what the fuck are you thinking with the Reapers that can go through walls to become invincible until they feel like coming back to the stage to get their ass beaten again, the tentacle things that you can only damage after showing them your back for a few seconds and are too slow to keep it cuhrazee and the chimera demons that can stop you mid combo whenever they fucking feel like it. I'm not asking you to just make punching bags, make stuff that is satisfying to fight

Not even with the smiley flag on, faggot

it's not

>>>/normalfag/

It be

You says it be like it is, but it ain't.

I'm saying what it's like because it be like what it is: Be. It ain't not be what you be like it is.

:^)

nay

You wish.

Only if you are a faggot.

First and third were best. Stop being an edgy goth.

No Nero, No Purchase.

I want all normalfags to get the fuck out

And I want goth emo fucks to stop cutting themselves and feing faggots.

gay

How much do you think Scalebound was a DMC game? It clearly wasn't a "Platinum" game in any capacity.

Reminder Only normalfags and youngfags that were teenagers when DMC 3 and 4 released actually believe DMC 1 and DMC 2 are not way better also fuck donte

Reminder only contrarian tryhards use buzzwords and pretend much better game aren't actually better.

No faggot, DMC was actually a great game and the only reason faggots shit on DMC 2 it's because it failed to be as good as the first one while still being way better than every shit that was released during that year. DMC 3 and DMC 4 were total crap because instead of going back to what made the first DMC great the builded on all the things people disliked about DMC 2

Who would win in a fight?

double duster playing thumb war

>>>/killyourself/

Why does this happen?

what did he mean by this?

Dude's from/still is on Holla Forums. Not even that big to be a typical e-celeb.

If only these memes would have stayed on halfchan, or better yet, fizzled out entirely.

Take Platinum's typical combat.
Add Drakengard 3 but Zero is a loli
You have Scalebound's original concept before Kamiya was forced to make it about a dudebro.

?

It looked nothing like a Platinum typical combat.

see

Emptyhero's books are fucking great.

see

LMAO
Do you have any other screencaps?

user, I only see 3 games there.

You should go back to cuckchan, you will feel at home with all the other fags that were 5 year old when the first DMC and onimusha were released

go back kid

I never played DMC2 btw

You can play as Sparda in 4's SE. But a full blown Snake Eater would have been great… 10 years ago. It's too much of a risk nowadays since you have to make your game as normalfag-friendly as possible, and normalfags sure know Dante. They haven't played any games mind you, bar DonteMC, but they heard the name.

Have you played "how to get sick quads"?

It has it's flaws, but it's still something that should at least be played. Many of the weapons aren't as over the top as 3 to me in my opinion, but it had been so long ago I couldn't even say.

Nah
Its absolutely braindead. Looks worse than the first game while also playing worse. There is no challenge whatsoever and for some reason they reduced the number of moves you can do.

nah, it's okay

except it isn't

nah, it is
it was made by like 2 people in a year

It isn't
even if was that doesn't make it any less shit

it is though
it does, if you pass judgement on games without looking at trivia and mitigating circumstances you're a normalfag and should go back

It started development while DMC1 was being localized.If they had time to pass around surveys to casualize the fuck out of it then they had the time to develop a complete game.
It doesn't matter if the game was made using toothpicks and crayons if the end result is a shit game.
You can stop justifying your shit taste with "muh scapegoat" and kill yourself.

Nah you just rushed through the game on normal like a faggot if you think that, then again I can't fault you for it the game kinda sucks despite of that.

No shit
Why the fuck would I replay the thing I absolutely loathed? If this wasn't a designed by committee shitshow it would've have had more difficulty options than none at all.
Its not like I am going to get some new moves either. All the weapons are just reskins.

I'm glad she wasn't in 4 and i hope she won't be in 5 because no matter how shit will be she will only bring down the existing quality.

Listen all I'm saying is that claiming a game is easy when you have only ever touched the easiest difficulty mode means your argument is shit, not that the game is good or as enjoyable as the others.

The only one with shit arguments here is you. DMC 1 wasn't piss easy, neither was DMC 3. The default(and the only) difficulty in DMC2 is braindead. To claim that the game somehow gets better after you've wasted 6 hours of your life on it is fucking stupid.

lol no
Do you also defend FF13 perchance?
The only way to unlock the harder difficulties is to beat both Dante and Lucia's campaign. Fuck off with your shit game apologia and poor argumentation.

anime is not canon so why would she be in anything

I never said the game gets good, maybe you should calm your tism instead of denying reality and seeing things that aren't there.

Pachinko announcement when

The anime is canon tho. Where have you heard that it isn't.

err, where have you heard that it is

This Hiroyuki Kobayashi interview from 2008.
Which states the anime takes place after 1 and before 4.

archive.videogamesdaily.com/features/dmc4_iv_p3.asp
archive.is/3kMl

Nothing here states that it's canon.

I guess that's true, though the anime doesn't contradict anything in the series. I like to think the anime is canon but it doesn't matter I guess. nothing is gained or lost from treating it as canon or non-canon
DMC's canon has never really been consistent.

The DMC1 novel was treated as canon since it was made with input from Kamiya, until DMC3 contradicted it. the DMC2 novel's is a prequel to DMC2 but it's status as canon is questionable. the DMC3 manga is unfinished but it's a prequel and some people treat that as canon too.

Yeah, that's called a filler. Which is what DMC anime is. Just some good ol' fanservice.
Not really, the only thing that screws the consistency is DMC2. But it's mostly treated as filler as well tbh.
In general, printed media (books, manga, comics etc.) is never considered canon unless specifically stated by the creators prior to its release.

They could just get plat to make it and make sure they don't make it with the same shitty combo system they have been intent on using in most of their games, as well as no QTE cutscens.

do not want

Go back, kid >>>/normalfag/

Platinum's combat system isn't bad but they use it for everything, I still vastly prefer DMC's or Ninja Gaiden's combat to Platinums.

no, fuck you there are better combo systems then just punch/kick/pause

The pause functions immediately removed button mashing. That's what I'de call a plus.

Button mashing is already dis-incentivized in DMC since the first fucking game. There are more than one ways to skin a cat and someone should tell that to platinum.

There are but I enjoy the pause functions and it works. Why's this hard to get?

The fuck does Platinum has to do with DMC games

Maybe if the pause was used more but have you seen the combo lists? Its a barely present mechanic.

DMC4 is fun, DMC1 is ok , but you do make a good point.

how many levels are you on?

Kill yourself faggot.

he doesn't

It depends on the weapons you use actually. There's a reason most of the default weapons at the start don't often have that many pause functions and the later ones do.

How would Trish know what happened in DMC3

I don't enjoy them because most of the Platinum's mechanics have gotten stale.

are you fucking retarded? get some reading comprehension.

WHO ARE (YOOOOOUUUU) TALKING TOO?

Didn't Kamiya praise DmC during its launch?

kys faggot
go back to cuckchan

True after Bayo sort of. On that same note they havn't actually put out a that they actually wanted to work on for years. Most of it's been partner projects. I'm willing to bet if they got the budget we would see some great shit.

Of course he did, he's a huge westaboo, it was his idea to give the franchise to gaijins in the first place. But it's not like that somehow compromises his directing abilities.

He needs enough freedom to work on his own project and enough restrictions from people who know what they're talking about to shit on some of his ideas. I wish they would get the Bayonetta dream team back together

I only recall Kamiya asking people to give the game a fair chance.

wasn't Keiji Inafune not Kamiya.

Even that is too much
Didn't Inafune leave Capcom in 2010

Why is Kamiya shit?

You ever consider he wasn't allowed to call it shit?

he knew that it would flop harder than tameme's carrier

WEW LAD

Those insults were so nonsensical and ironic (seeing how all NinjaTheory games are just generic DMC clones and all their esthetics being fake anime), that rumors of the whole thing being juts a PR stunt seems to be true. Tameme even closed his twitter account the second the game was released. Was probably ordered to steer as much controversy as possible to have the game be talked about. One of the promotional slogans even was "The most controversial DMC game ever". Didn't help as DMC is not your typical mainstream crowd pleaser, normalfags not gonna buy it no matter what you try.

yeah and Didn't Kamiya leave way before that.
I'm pretty sure Inafune is responsible for the Westernization that happend with Capcom games. I think it's his fault we got Bionic Commando (2009) with dreads spencer, I think his last act at Capcom before going off to wast kickstarter money, was to convince them to westernize DMC which lead to Ninja Theroy.

DmC was a DMC game for people who didn't like DMC, and oh boy that sure is going to draw in allot of sales.
streamlining/ dumbing everything down didn't help either because people who are shit at real action games were already playing asscreed or batman.

More like for people who sucked at DMC but wanted to feel like hardcore gaymerz by doing all those crazy impressive moves, so they turned into God of War press x to win button masher. DMC for DSP.

DMC and Ninja gaiden both fell for the same fucking trap. with "muh cinematic story" NG3 and DmC.
The thing I would love most right now would be for Ninja Gaiden 4 and DMC 5 to be announced at the same time so they could save action games.

Team Ninja is done with Nioh so I hope they are working on NG4 and learned how to not fuck shit up after Razors edge was a passable sorry to the fans.

As for the main DMC5 Rumours. Itsuno said he was hoping to announce his new game this year and this years Playstation Experience seems like his last chance.

NG3 is like DMC3 compared to DmC tho.

As for DMC5, there's probably more chances for Ninja Gaiden 4 featuring Dante from the hit Devil May Cry series happening at this point.

Didn't Inafune's company get swallowed by Level-5 or something. Kek.

Capcom has been shoving Dante in every god damn crossover for years now giving him center stage. and they said themselves that DMC4 SE sold really well. If Itsuno isn't working on DMC5 i'm going to be seriously baffled by capcoms ridiculous ability to fuck up everything

Watch them make DMC5 an open world mobile game.

at this point i just need to see anything
where it's shit that destroys the series forever or an actual good game. I just want some god damn closure.

whether*

Nothing Capcom makes could be worse than DmC, regardless. It practically did destroy the series, so we're safe in that department.

Honestly it all comes down to story and setting since they already have the perfected combat engine in 4 SE.

Most likely.
They are one step closer on reaching Sega's days when they kept fucking things up.

I still remember that BoF 6 announcement.

DmC being an alt universe is as much a blessing, as it even existing is a curse.

The problem isn't so much the game, which it's easy to pretend never existed, but the swarm of normalfags that it attracted to the franchise, forever tainting it. They will never let you forget.

Maybe these numbers will change fate.

Credit where it's due, I really enjoyed the music. And the animation wasn't half bad either.

The anime is okay for what it was, at least it's not completely useless like ZOE one.

To be fair, it can easily be said that Vergil WAS lost "20 years ago" per DMC1 and have DMC3 still be consistent.

The only people who would have been aware of Vergil showing up in DMC3 were Dante himself, Lady, and Arkham. With Arkham dead and Lady not exactly the gossipy type, it wouldn't exactly be common knowledge to those aware of Dante's heritage that Vergil had reappeared. Yes, Trish was created by Mundus and he knew about Vergil, but why have Trish tip off that she knew something that nobody else would? It'd be a red flag to Dante off the bat.

Also if the DMC manga are considered canon, Vergil even traveled around in his time prior to DMC3's events with his face wrapped in bandages to conceal his identity.

Yeah, I'm aware I'm writing retrospective explanations for shit that wasn't planned as far back as DMC1, but it makes sense.

oh that triggered me.

They aren't, but I have no issues with DMC1 to 3 transition, it's just enough of a stretch to fit. There's no reason to have Trish knowing about the exact circumstances of what happened to Virgil. And even if you consider this a retcon, a slight change from the ""first game"" is not enough to call the series's continuity "never been consistent".

I get what your saying.
but
Your thinking of when Vergil used the alias Gilver and when Dante went by Tony Redgrave, I'm positive that's from the DMC1 novel, not the DMC 3 manga.

You're right. I had to dig for my copies but I realized that I was thinking of the wrong thing. Thanks user.

Anyone claiming to like DmC is b8man

teste

not a single person in this thread

Goes by SmegmaKang on twitter now:

twitter.com/SmegmaKang

Polite sage for off topic.

Do you know where you are

Dante looks awful, greasy and out of place in games that aren't DMC including the taneem reboot, the only ones where he looks right that i can think of are SMT III Nocturne and Viewtifull Joe

is that lamb sucking his dick?

Im not gonna lie that looks sorta fun

It's a Trick, and they're still trying to sell it for full price.

video too big to webm

This was also a decent video

I'm no expert but I think it's checking if there are any videogames in there.

Speaking of Dead Rising and DMC I just noticed.
Shitty Webm I just made related.

Same voice actor.

I want tasteless normalfags to kindly get the fuck out. Thanks.

How powerful will Frank be after his ascension?

I think he's just referring to the fact that when Dante is shoved into a crossover recently they've been doing a shit job.

Itsuno will be pissed that whatever project he's working on is gonna be heavily shat on for not being DMC5, and will never do DMC5.

Best DMC track?

Devil May Cry as a series is rich with fantastic music. It's almost futile to try and pick the best song.
Though i'v always loved Nelo Angelo's Theme.