Mouse DPI

High DPI vs Low DPI

Alright Holla Forums, what mouse DPI do you use and which is the best for Vidya and why is it High DPI?

low dpi, there's also the meme about mouses have sweet spots and don't post that piece of crap mouse, how can it be god tier if it's made for small hands, eat ass.

I have huge hands and it was comfortable to use.

I think you got misinformed somewhere, that mouse is actually on the larger side of mice.

it's still so small, maybe i have big hands but i can't palm grip it and the stupid rubber pads and rubber grip wears off really fast. I have to do a gay fingertip grip and it fucking sucks penis.

I use my graphics tablet.

Are you a fucking gorilla?

Sounds like a fun way to play vidya. How's it?

The duke is comfortable. I think that says alot about how big my hands are.

Post pics of you holding a banana

I dont have a banana.

Once you get past the whole, don't grind your nib
The control doesn't need actual touching
It's actually really nice.

I have that exact mouse and I kind of hate it.

The configurability is somewhat decent, but only works from Windows or Mac.
It allows for 6 different fucking sensitivity settings, which is more than anybody needs. It's a touted feature of the mouse, but essentially superfluous. The side button for dropped sensitivity is kind of neat, though.
The buttons can be "remapped" but what you can actually remap them to is incredibly limited. I have my top one mapped to the "Media Stop" key which I use for other things.
The button to switch between frictionless scrolling takes far too much force to press. It really should only take slightly more than a regular mouse click.
The mouse wheel tilt horizontal scrolling is far too fucking sensitive, and middle mouse button takes too much force. It takes a lot of practice to just middle-click without hitting the horizontal scroll, and I still fuck it up after having the mouse for 6 months.
The color changer is a neat idea, but the only color I wanted it for, purple, doesn't work. At best it comes out pinkish. The best I can get is a blue-violet.

It's an okay mouse, but more expensive than it's worth, and it feels like a step down from my old G500.

I really like the MX Master, but I fucking hate that it's wireless. Fuck Logitech, making a "professional" mouse that's great in every way and then making it wireless.

I use from 800-1500 DPI. Really DPI doesn't mean much, my global sensitivity is about 3.2 inches, which means with every game I play I'll tune the in-game sensitivity and my mouse's DPI so that I do a full 360 moving the mouse 3.2 inches in one direction. And there really isn't a superior DPI or global sensitivity, at the end of the day it all boils down to what works best for you because really global sensitivity is just a way to match the game to your reaction and movement speed for optimal aiming.

And to all the niggers who don't pay attention to this shit: You don't have to, but it will help your accuracy by leaps and bounds and goes a long way to making each game feel the same making it easier to adjust to new games. Only downside is you have to fuck around for a few minutes getting the sensitivity right with every game.

What I use

Solid as hell mouse. Haven't felt the desire to use anything else.

As far as I know, all of the mice meant for twitch shooters these days have at least 4 DPI settings.

The only reason I ever switch DPI settings is for older games like Aliens vs Predator 2 because it glitches out on higher DPI settings

I could understand wanting a sniper button for hitting shit with the rail gun at long range. I never used it too much though.

Replace the sniper button to a macro key

400 dpi with a polling rate of 500 is my comfy point. Mouse sensitivity is based on game setting and if I can relatively do a 360 from edge to edge on a large gaming mousepad.

I can't seem to go back to lower dpis after using a high one, I really dislike how much arm movement is involved.

300 DPI = 300 CPI? Bloody6 software has only CPI settings. also how right/wrong is fag related?

Whatever makes using your desktop the easiest. 400 was too low, 800 is good for me at 1920x1080. Bigger resolution means higher DPI.

400 DPI + high in-game sens is better than 800 DPI + low in-game sens.
400 DPI gives you precise pixel accuracy, with 800 you will see yourself overshooting a lot.

t. Counter-Strike pro

Wasn't it the other way around? With Higher DPI and lower sens means you'll have lesser missed pixel?

I have 5700 dpi and ~1.8 - 2.1 cm/360. I have been repeatedly told this is a terrible idea; however I still do rather decently in afps. I've largely kept it the way it is because its almost a novelty.

that piece of shit is incredibly fucking heavy and has a really limited

I wish the mx master had better software, I want to use the side wheel as the middle wheel.

lel

I use around 700 dpi, and pretty much the lowest sensitivity option the game has.

I'm pretty much the opposite of
I used to use super high sensitivities, even when playing "competitive" games like starcraft and csgo.
Once I got used to the lower sensitivity it was like I unlocked the easy mode in fps'. Never went back.

Pic. What I use.

But how do you get used to navigation the desktop so slowly though? Even with 800dpi I had to lift mouse.

I have a large mousepad, moving my pointer across both my monitors is only about halfway across it. On default windows sensitivity with no acceleration.

How large is your pad, user? I use a QcK but was thinking about getting a bigger one in the future.

Pic is from an old battlestation thread, still use this setup.

I used to use a qck+, and that worked pretty well for a few years but I kept putting my keyboard over the edge of the pad when I wanted to type and it didn't sit level.
So I got this for cheap off amazon and it's been pretty nice to me ever since. Halfway across the pad means halfway across the mouse area btw.

I am 6'10" and the G502 works just fine. You just need to change your grip.

Meant for .

i like low dpi, it feels better to me. I use 400 dpi and usually like 1 in CSGO
For more casual games or strategy games ill use 650
Also watch out, best mouse commin throu

i have severe depression someone please help

Is a Zowie FK1 a good investment.

not sure that DPI has anything to do with it. Zero acceleration/decel and no prediction from the sensor are probably the most important, regardless of DPI. I personally use 1600 on both my work and gaming PCs (1080p monitors) because I am mostly a fingertip gripper (G403 gaming, G203 work).

I DPIed in your moms ass last night

You like them grannies huh

Wouldn't lifting the mouse cause your aim to be offset or do you keep the mouse constantly on the mousepad?

I started using low sensitivity at TF2 because of scout. Now when I try to play any games with cameras, it feels really fucking fast, I don't know how do people play games without lowering sensitivity

good goy. I've been using some 30 bucks (about 10 dollars) mouse for 3 years. I don't have a mousepad because table is small already. My mouse works just fine, it fits my hand fine, can twitch aim easily. I don't know why would you give money to jews for no reason except "gamer, gaming, razer" stuff. I bet you also pay money for cs go cases

play better vidya if you want to cure it

if you're paying more than $20 for a mouse you're doing it wrong and overcompensating.

go with a classic, like something from dynex. just a left click, right click and scroll wheel.

if you use anything other than a touchpad you're doing it wrong and overcompensating. who you think you are? some esports faggot?

now this is shitposting

when you live in a brazil tier country 20$ is like 70-80 bucks

not that I live in brazil or anything

do… do you have brain problems?

did you get your knife or an asiimov?

1. That's not a gamepad
2. The point of that post went way over your head.

oh, one of those. it's been a minute since i've had one, forgot the technical term for it.

I use 400DPI on my trackball because any more makes desktop use more annoying.

Congratulations! You're all retarded.

2400 dpi and 1000 poll rate using the mouse in the OP. Smooth as hell and requires very little movement to put the cursor anywhere I want it.

why…dont…you…go…back…to…reddit

You probably can't even play turn based RPGs with your aim getting fucked like that.

My 2013 deathadder that's lasted me all these years has finally started to give out, so I ordered an FK1 last night

I'm looking forward to uninstalling razers shitty client

I think I have an earlier version of that mouse, part of the left side where the thumb buttons are is slowly melting away.

Nigga, Logitech mices are pretty fucking great and are definitely not overpriced. All Logitech ones I used were always great - so much that I bought a G900 which, while being the best mouse I ever had, I wouldn't recommend due to the price, as this is the one Logitech product that I feel is worth less than it's sold for.

I paid $142 on my G900, and it was in the cheapest place I could find. It's normally around $160. No regrets.

how is the the wireless compared to the wired? also, is the battery life worth shit? Last wireless mouse I had was the razer Mamba back when i was a dumb shit that listened to my friends

Vid related.

tl;dw is new logitech wireless mice are top-tier if you're a shiteating wirelessfag, and razer actively lies about latency on their wireless mice.

Okay. Play a PC platformer with a keyboard and mouse. Then, use a gamepad.

Then, play an FPS with a gamepad. Then, use a keyboard and mouse.

Now, try to screw a flathead screw in with a phillips screwdriver. Then, use the goddamn fucking right tool for the job.

Following?

Top tier shit incoming

Medium DPI

What is medium even?

LOLLLLL NIGGER THREAD XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD POOOOOP PFFFRRRT

What a coincidence, that's exactly what i do in my spare time

I have that same mouse, and I agree that I wish there was a wired version. I only got it because I got tired of my cheap mice dying all the time, so I figured something more expensive might last longer.

Why use trackball when you could have two wheels?

official Holla Forums mouse