Gaming/Computing on non-pozzed hardware

With the advent of Intel ME, AMD PSP and all sorts of kikery, talk about ways of gaming on hardware that isn't backdoored to hell, preferably on different processor archutectures like POWER or ARM. Might be useful to plug Talos II here as well.
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/prerelease.php
I heard the FX-8350 is the one of the latest non-pozzed chips from AMD, but I'm unsure. What do you think, anons? List your suggestions here.
Also, Purism.
puri.sm/

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/faq.html#intel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER9
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core#Kaby_Lake_.287th_gen.29_microarchitecture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is non-pozzed hardware?

Any hardware that doesn't have a purposefully put backdoor in it.

Shit that doesn't have build in back-doors. so nothing Intel is none pozzed

We know Intel and Nvidia are pozzed. Is Ryzen pozzed?

Yes. The design files are available through OpenPOWER. Also, the only thing IBM makes is the CPU, you need to go through the mainboard in order for a back door to work.
You can also say that with living too, but you aren't going to bend down because the merchant tells you too, do you?

Yes. Has PSP.

So does non-pozzed hardware nullify the software backdoors and spying from win10 and the like? Is this hardware a foolproof screen against all forms of remote execution?

To be honest I'm not sure at this point
It feels like everything is pozzed, to game it feels like you have to accept some level of poz to play demanding vidya (most of which is AAA shit, but there are some great AA shit that really needs better hardware to shine, which again is pozzed)
Fuck if I know user, if you want to game on non-pozzed hardware, you might as well game on last-gen consoles and older. Windows 7 with a few careful updates is the best non-pozzed OS for vidya you can get as loonix barely supports any fucking vidya
For actual hardware I think the intel poz doesn't strike until the 5th gen processors (someone feel free to correct me on that) so the 4000 line should be nice and strong for a lot of vidya, especially ones that do better on single-core performance over hyperthreading (most of them)
For AMD I really am not sure to be honest. Its been a while since I did my research on them
I don't know
I can't say much for graphics cards, I would guess that the generation before the 900s of nyidia and before the RX generation of gay-MD would be unpozzed
Can't speak for the drivers though, which are known to boost AMD's strength significantly

It does not nullify shit like Win10s telemetry, it only stops the Suits from being able to direct access your shit with the flip of a switch.

I mean, if you're perfectly happy with basically only playing games from '02 and back, then I guess your set, but I don't think there's much hope in playing anything new. It is pretty nice to hear that IBM made their processor open though, I'll look into that.

Look faggot, the number one solution to avoid backdoors is to disconnect your computer from the internet you fucking normalfag marketer and the chinese can't use "your" webcam if you don't own one.

I hope this is a shitpost, or a baitpost
Windows 10 is a fucking joke, there are almost no windows 10 exclusive games, and the ones that are are fucking garbage if I recall correctly. There's more games that you can't play on Win10 than you can. Its a fucking travesty. I tried playing the original Diablo on my pozzed laptop because installing a new OS there isn't really an option, and it didn't fucking work, but my unpozzed PC it works with no issues whatsoever

You might want to explain exactly what you mean by "pozzed", and why that's bad. If you're basing it on having ME/PSP, then you shouldn't recommend Purism; they have Intel Management Engine too. Libreboot recommends avoiding any AMD hardware newer than the fam15h line, or ~2012 (So, Bulldozer). Anything newer than that has AMD's Platform Security Processor (PSP). For Intel, anything newer than mid 2006 most likely has Intel Management Engine.
libreboot.org/faq.html#intel has some more technical info on what's wrong with Intel ME, and AMD PSP a bit farther down. It's effectively a hardware backdoor baked right into your CPU, and it's effectively impossible to remove or disable.

Kinda. Windows 10 doesn't have access to the hypervisor if we're talking about x86. The whole thing is that Intel ME can be used to power on your computer and be controlled through "Wake On LAN". Unless you build a faraday cage around your house, you're not safe, even if you disconnect your computer.

The Power9 series came out last year…

Nope, its nuetralized. It can't do anything but respond to the CPU so it doesn't shutdown.

obviously not
Also, why not just have a machine that's pozzed and do only gaming on it, if you're so concerned? It's certainly cheaper.

Unless a game's executable is compiled for the Power architecture, it's not going to run. Most older game engines have been opensourced so that they can run on basically any platform, that's why I say anything '02ish and back.

Except you're not fucking safe at that point, retard. Have a wifi card? You're fucked. Newer Intel ME chipsets have a wifi chip built in so it doesn't even fucking matter if you have no wifi card, you're still fucking vunerable.

Because (((they))) can't sell you the non-binary-gender using $3000 workstation and the government's going to use their microwave vans to turn your computer into a literal bomb instead of just doing retarded shit like just shooting up your house.

t. marketer

bump :^)

At this point your best bet is to keep one machine dedicated to gaming, and another, older machine (probably running Linux) strictly for everything else

Can you name free and open source hardware suitable for gaming? I don't think any exist.

Can't you fuck off for another week sooner?

Whatever. You can't really compare them. The newest IBM CPU shits all over the newest Intel CPU. If you can run AIX (which I'm assuming you can) then you can run a QEMU x86_64 VM and setup pcie passthrough for your second GPU.

RISC-V is your only bet. And that'll take at least 10 years to mature.

Here's another bump for you, shlomo-kun.

The jew cries in pain as he stabs you

OH SHIT YOU HIT A NERVE OP. CIANIGGERS SPILLING THEIR SPAGHETTI

wtf I love the Talos™ One X now

Can you show me the libreoffice slideshow that your boss sent you? It literally took you retards one week to come up with this shit.

Yeah, fucking saw it too. Global reported it soon as it started posting.
These all look like CIA hotwords that they use to deliminate potential bad goys. All the pictures had small girls as well. Wish I've could've taken a picture.

Go back to your fucking CIAnigger shed. We saw what you posted.

You don't even know what IDs are, how's the weather at your call center?

Is that what your office's prebuilts use?

From what I've read, they still haven't completely managed to remove it, and only certain models have it "neutralized". Their own site also uses terms like "in the future" when talking about freeing their PCs of it. It's admirable that they're trying to remove as much as they can of it, but that's still removing cancer that has already taken hold. Also, even their best hardware uses an iGPU, so they're not good options for most games.

Here's the related pictures that were spamming the thread. It's obvious that Intel ME and hardware backdoors are knee jerks for kikes.

Where's your nigger cattle, Bill?

Gas your self nigger.

The rest. Watch out. CIA is in this thread.

Lead by example, porch monkey.

You don't like this thread?
Prove it by fucking leaving it.

OP, we have a board here for retards like you to LARP all day about tech shit they pretend to know
>>>Holla Forums

I'm pretty sure you can kill iME almost completely these days.

I'm curious if there's a way to unfuck Win10 altogether. Time's marching on and eventually we're all gonna have to deal with this shit lets not pretend Win10-2 or whatever isn't going to be worse if we don't want to sit in lead caves.

Pretty sure you can't really disable everything, best you can do is use one of the currently premade spyware remove solutions on Enterprise LTSB and filter all M$ network traffic through an external box since iirc Win10 can and will ignore the host file.

What a mess we made

Gets around 3rd party software firewalls too?

Gee I sure want to pay twice the price of a new Mac to run UT2004 in software x86 emulation with pixomatic software rendering at seconds per frame like their demo video proudly displays.

I couldn't tell you for sure, but an external filtering box is the safest bet.

this on the back of my keyboard a found a little door and a little goblin man came out of it. not cool

You can remove it on certain systems like the ones Libreboot supports. Some later systems allow you to gut it significantly but those have other problems (mandatory microcode, initialization blobs, Intel Boot Guard, etc).

I just decided to keep most games off my computer, period, and use dedicated systems for that. Most games these days might as well be botnet with Steam and Denuvo and similar rubbish.

I got an 8320E myself and I expect it to last me a long time. Modern PC gaming doesn't really require the kind of 4-year-interval upgrades that it did when that faggot Carmack was pushing the agenda. Luckily GPUs aren't a source of pozzing like CPUs and EFI (yet).

What did he mean by this?

That IBM and Intel are into some weird fetishes.

Prove it.

This reminds me of an old ass wiki edit I had saved as a curiosity.

ME in Sandy Bridge CPUs can be neutralized. These things have the Intel HD 3000 iGPU, which is blobless. Open drivers, open firmware. The GPU is good enough for pre-2007 games, which should work flawlessly in WINE.

That said, ME neutralization is not for the faint of heart, and may result in a brick.

ironic bump

Unironic bump.

This line of thinking leads down one path: open source, mathematically proven, and automatically proof checked hardware and in the future, personally "compiling" that hardware at home with something akin to a 3D printer. Anything anyone else suggests is only a half measure.

Wanting to personally verify your hardware is a highly independent and, in some sense, antisocial activity motivated by suspicion and disdain of third party values in that you are rejecting the assurances of quality and benevolence of the product and the people that made it. This is not to say it is a morally wrong desire, but it is perhaps at odds with the social drive of wanting to play most video games and engaging with the society that makes them in order to obtain the games and a platform to play them on. Eating from the harvest society has sown and foraging for your own food are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but it is important to be able to distinguish between the two and recognize each one's merits and flaws.

So with that said, do you think that if we suddenly have the perfect technology available that is benevolent to its users and not the malicious tool of outside forces, that the problem is solved? Society chooses to be malicious now, so would it willingly choose to adopt technology and platforms that prevent this malicious behavior should they become available? Is the problem with the technology we have available or the society that we choose to depend on?

How long will you continue to cowardly turn inward and away in response to these problems, imagining you can just play and ignore it in your small compartment of the world, instead of casting aside helplessness and facing the problem head on at its source?

x86 has been botnet from the early days, intel ME and PSP are just an extension of it.

Open source hardware and software would be an improvement for sure.

You can snap out of it too, and realize that hardware isn't a communal harvest gathered by a small town with a communal bond and realize that these are commercial products sold for profit. You can also form open source communities which normally emulates that sort of small town mentality, around open source hardware (much like software) where people create and modify technology and share changes.

So, anything short of living in a hippie commune with no system of currency is faking it, so open source anything isn't worthwhile. Got it.

types like he spent too much time on Holla Forums and rural lifestyles, traditional women, etc are the trend there. So he thinks verifying your own hardware is antisocial and have the overall tone that people should be prosocial about their hardware (and should take down whatever malevolent forces first … using compromised and exploitable technology …). I give him exactly that scenario.

Other than that, tech freedoms is a step towards such benevolent technology.

oh i'm on Holla Forums, sorry

The prospect of RISC-V, coreboot/libreboot and OSS sitting on top is pretty swell but you'll have to sacrifice a lot of the ecosystem and money for it, something that at some stage reaches a point which makes playing games on them essentially futile.

That's why one should always try to asses the threatlevel you are under and bulding your system and infrastructure accordingly.
Using an OS that doesn't barf out whatever to the internet at any time like Windows and using a good router with indepth diagnostics should be a good compromise for anyone who wants to play a reasonable amount of games with good performance.

You want to try? Ok let's start:

IBM Power9 - Scale Out / Scale Up versions

Core

I/O

Intel Core i7 - Desktop and Server versions

Core

I/O
350 MHz base graphics clock rate

Hey OP i've been aware of your shilling for a while now, the other day you said you work for them.
Do you think a bunch of broke virgins will buy such an expensive system just to play games?

This is an apples to oranges comparison as in they are both fruits. The Power9 and i7 are both CPUs. Beyond that the architectures are radically different, and IBM (as always) blows the competition out of the water. Oh and finally:

As with its predecessor, POWER9 is supported by IBM AIX, IBM i, and Linux (both running with and without PowerVM).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER9
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core#Kaby_Lake_.287th_gen.29_microarchitecture

Intel charges a 1000% markup on CPU models that allow you to use ECC RAM. The hardware to support it already exists, then they disable it to make you pay more to get it back.

Did you know RAM is the only part of a modern PC without error recovery, because of these kikes? It's not a luxury add-on like the shills would have you believe: engineering around the reality of fallible hardware is how we can put hundreds of GB/s down a PCIe connection, or fit 12 terabytes on a standard hard disk. Your RAM is $100+ per 8GB stick (and climbing rapidly) because there's no error correction and it has to compensate by being built to retardedly tight tolerances which still manage to fail all the time.

Good taste my man

Ayymd parts only apparently

I just separate my secure and insecure devices. I've got consoles and a quarantined PC for vidya, and I keep important stuff on the computers I care for.
I've got a Thinkpad T420 and a Beaglebone Black. The BBB can run off fully open source code. The Thinkpad currently has Intel ME but apparently there's a way to get rid of ME on Sandy Bridge chips.

The Talos looks neat, but it's price is a bit out my range. I hope it succeeds anyway, because it's nice to see other architectures.
Personally I'm waiting on RISC-V. It's an architecture that's being made as free for anyone to use. Some RasPi guys made their own company, LowRISC, which will eventually make boards for it. so far RISC-V is only used on an Arduino Uno clone, but it shows promise there.

I just separate my secure and insecure devices. I've got consoles and a quarantined PC for vidya, and I keep important stuff on the computers I care for.
I've got a Thinkpad T420 and a Beaglebone Black. The BBB can run off fully open source code. The Thinkpad currently has Intel ME but apparently there's a way to get rid of ME on Sandy Bridge chips.

The Talos looks neat, but it's price is a bit out my range. I hope it succeeds anyway, because it's nice to see other architectures.
Personally I'm waiting on RISC-V. It's an architecture that's being made as free for anyone to use. Some RasPi guys made their own company, LowRISC, which will eventually make boards for it. so far RISC-V is only used on an Arduino Uno clone, but it shows promise there.

POWER9 isn't very useful for games now unless you limit yourself to freetard games, source ports, and emulation, but having alternatives to x86 is very important. Competition will force the stagnant x86 architecture to improve or die out, while new architectures bring new advantages with them.
It's not completely new either, POWER9 is an evolution of the PowerPC architecture used in old Macs, the Gamecube/Wii/Wii U family, the Xbox 360, and the PS3. It performs really well in server and dev stuff benchmarks so even if you don't get any use from it, people who make vidya certainly will.

You know that if you actually want to play most video games made today, you'll probably need to download it with an internet connection or a account or a console, all of which have some sort of backdoor. If you're a paranoid schizophrenic that needs to hide his video games and memes from some the government that is totally interested in what some loser on a internet forum does, you should probably stop playing video games and go outside.

Ayymd parts only apparently>>13522930

Like clockwork.

Yes Holla Forums the internet is a spook

why

nobody knows