High Expectations, Poor outcomes

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who hurt you OP?

This has to be the most annoying thing about Holla Forums. Just say the fucking game, I don't have time to play 20 Questions.

It's been multiple games, actually. Take out the bit about handhelds and switch it out for some game with an online mode, like White Knight Chronicles or Xenoblade X, or even the Last Story on Wii. All these games where they put the bulk of the game in a shitty online mode that no one played or wanted, and then they shut down the servers and you're left with an incomplete game forever.

Just make it a No Man's Sky thread

Only retards and normalfags actually believed No Man's Sky would be the game journos imagined it would be.

Your thread is absolute garbage the moment you refuse to name what video game you want to discuss and instead write a shitty personal blog about it.

Pokemon knockoff? It's a knockoff. That's why it failed.

Oh right, that had an online mode. I remember getting rewards for picking a winning side for a while and that's about it. I can't imagine too much content was put behind it.

Move to a better country, Americuck.

T. European who regularly clocked 20+ streetpasses per trip out.

Enjoy your impending societal and economic collapse.

Speaking of high expectations and poor outcomes.

Is this a bear thread?

Hype is like urinary incontinence: you can't stop the leaking until you are pissed. Whenever you start thinking in terms of hype, know that you have to stop and reset your cognitive bias.

While true, Europeans are getting raped and murdered by sand niggers, with the government condoning it. Unless you are talking about Eastern Europe.

Fable 3 in a nutshell.

The first Fable, actually. After that one I lost any hope I had for the franchise and for Molyneux as a game designer.

For you

What is streetpassing in this day and age

Getting punched in the back of the head by a nigger.

Did not disappoint.

Like, seriously, any streetpassing nowadays is simply "That function that I will never use, ever, in any reasonable or expected timeframe".

Even wandering around fucking Seattle for an hour on Saturday at noon nets me no streetpasses.

Why is cia in bear cage?

He doesn't get to bring that friend.

Yeah MVCI is fucked.

It's not about hype on the consumer's side, but poor foresight on the side of the developer. Assuming that 1) the game will sell incredibly well, creating a large, wide-spread playerbase, and 2) that everyone will be playing the game for years to come, necessitating the need for a great deal of content being online-only, which is especially bizarre with games that are single player RPG otherwise. This doesn't even begin to scratch the surface when it comes to MMOs that expect to be WoW-killers, or ASSFAGGOTS and the like thinking they'll dethrone the biggest games in the market with their poor knock-offs.

The handheld/streetpass/mobileshit comes largely from Japan, because they have shit like MonHun cafes and gaming lounges where you can meet up with a few dozen random faggots and do all the local-only multiplayer functions, and trade, and all that shit. Carrying around a handheld in Chicago is asking to get mugged, and that's assuming you'll even find another person who bought the same limited-release 3DS game you did.

Was this ever a thing? Not where I lived.

It's still beyond me how did they manage to do this. I even remember saying somewhere after the first trailer
All they had to do was lead the series to the proper conclusion, that is let you fuck some alien and beat Reapers and make some ending pictures showing either good or bad outcomes of your decisions… That's it, the world was there, the characters were there, the villain was there they only had to connect the dots and they'd have a mediocre game but the ME fans don't give shit so it'd still be a massive success, remembered for years to come.
Instead they completely switched their target audience in the last installment of the series, made the RPG elements even dumber than they already were and put this 2deep4you ending.

You know I didnt expect the mass effect series to end with beating the reapers, maybe a bittersweet ending where you take out enough reapers so that maybe future cycles will be able to get complete victory. I was retarded to think that after ME2 but eh, I was a fool that had hope.

When pokemon first came out, it was. Kids today have smartphones and tablets. My younger siblings are going to the same school I did, and instead of giant fucking textbooks, the school issues them ipads that they use for all 4 years.

I had a video game club in my highschool. We played in the chorus/band room and wheeled all the TVs from neighboring classrooms. It was almost 100% Halo, then it was 100% Halo 2, and I was graduated by the time Halo 3 came out. Hate Halo all you want but that game is fun as fuck when you've got 16 people playing CTF in the same room screaming at each other. We had more than 16 people in the club too, there were 5 or 6 xboxes each club day with two games going on simultaneously.

Last I heard from my little brother, the game club has devolved into a handful of shit-eaters who bring their laptops in and play LoL, and a couple tourneyfags who 1v1 each other on Melee all day. mfw.

(Checked)
I hoped they'd do that as one of possible endings, though I suspected "Pyrrhic victory where civilization is in ruins but at least you saved your crew" would be the standard ending, plus a miracle victory ending you can get if you have a save from playing through previous games or something like that. Though now that I think about it, they must have thought of that because green ending was doing something similar with required transferred save.

Neato. Are they normal ipads or restricted only to read ebook formats?

Haha no. Again, my little brother is the source of this info- the ipads at his school are completely intact but with a very restrictive web filter and the app store password-protected. They all quickly learned how to get past the filter too, so they fuck around all day instead of learning.

Every time I listen to this I have this getting hard moment followed by a realization that Mass Effect 3 fucked it all up. It's sad too because Mass Effect 3 actually nailed the atmosphere you'd want to be in a finalle.

They use various homework apps and digital classroom type stuff through them to keep track of homework assignments and the stuff they are expected to read. They're supposed to have a bunch of restrictions on them, but my sister uses hers to play games and watch netflix.

That's supposed to make you buy the games for your friends as well, goy.

Who says we are lost again, in this lonely world

I say we can start again, we're on the same ship

It's called Starship Earth

at least they fixed their mistake with PSP2i

Streetpasses should just be via internet, randomly chosen every random number of minutes. Or they need to put wifi adapters in handhelds that have an effective streetpass range of 100 miles.
Alternatively the effective pass range could be about 100 feet, but accelerate the detection and data transfer rate fast enough that you could streetpass people within less than a second - so you can just drive down the highway at 100kph and get passes off of everybody driving in the opposite direction who has a console on standby.

Either way, streetpass was a shitty idea.

No, I thought No Man's Sky was going to be good because of the fucking REVEAL gameplay trailer with all that different gameplay, content and scale already 2 years before it was supposed to release.

By the way OP, if you have a laptop you can create a fake Streetpass hotspot to get around (I think) 20 automatic streetpasses per day.
That's how I broke all the streetpass games.

I think this should work gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/

You're shitposting on Holla Forums. You have all the time in the world.

I thought the trailer looked a bit wonky, but I didn't mind. "Maybe melee counter would be good", I thought.

Dead fucking wrong. Game is just bland all around. It's not BAD, it's just MEH

Oh shit I forgot I wanted to play this

Fucking scrub

Congratulations! You're a retard.
Hello Games never had the skill or the talent on-board to pull off a game even half as good as they tried to make NMS sound. After they went through multiple exclusive interviews without being able to answer the question "What do you DO in No Man's Sky" it should have been painfully obvious that the game was all hype and no substance.

I'm not a retard for what I saw with my own eyes and made observations about exactly solely what was programmed and presented to us as gameplay and none of it was fucking there.

It had seamless transition from leaving the starting planet, quickly engaging in a preexisting space battle and landing on another one all in real time. All normalfaggots and retarded pseudointellectual ugly cuck/ugly hag bloggers can burn and suffocate in the most gritty Hades' asshole for daring to talk shit to anyone about one of the most pathetic and disgusting lies ever allowed to be profit.

Why should anyone give a shit if people are nobodies? I could autistically work on a good 2.5D action or RPG for 10 years on my own with enough expertise and programming knowledge and suddenly humbly reveal it to everyone with a single tweet on an average day and I'm not even a bunch of faggots that unforgivably marketed that much to expect even if little to nothing more.

And I never watched any interviews because they're almost always all dicksucking fluff and no substance. I actually did know it was going to be shit in a handful of small, sourced posts that showed all of the fucking reveal trailer was pathetic lying corrupt faggot industry bullshit.

Because that's a damn good way to predict success or failure.

It's always could with people like you, never can.

My highschool's computer lab was set up to give each student an account with limited space and remove any extra apps installed after a logout (or reboot? whatever). So every. single. fucking. day. the place had a good 15-20 people get to the lab, download and install Tribes and spend 1½ hours playing it.

I like bearssage for offtopic