our wiki: rggrepo.pbworks.com
our discord: discord.gg/CAWbMrE

Other urls found in this thread:

etternaonline.com/
github.com/etternagame/etterna/releases/tag/0.55.3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for osu is a bad game at its core

I like osu

I have no strong opinions on osu, one way or the other.

I hate osu

Respectable

Things to post: scores, rivals, music, gameplay, and what have you

Things not to post: data, anything involving pigs, "why is osu shit???"

LR2IR: 108487

DDR Ace was mediocre at best.
DDR X3 vs 2nd Mix was probably the best DDR ever made.
PIU is always good.
ITG2 R21 was the best dancing game ever.

why is osu shit???

@boty

how do i manually set etterna's hidden and sudden to not flash in my eyes and set where it needs to be, cause it's fuckin gay at the moment also why does it hang between playing videogame and the menu, this has to be a meme build of stepmania

It might just be a meme build

please describe your problems more in depth

when the arrows reach near the receptors with hidden and hit a certain point, the fucking arrows flash and makes my eyes visibly hurt and you can't set where the point of the arrows to disappear, you can use lane covers for exact measurements and not flash the arrows but holy fuck what retard thought you can only use ONE AT A TIME, you also can't set where it goes hidden or sudden as well.

artist's deception of the problem.

play windowed, adjust in-game resolution and mini for playfield size then get used to it ;)

play a real game like osu! !

i will shoot your neck for even suggesting garbage

um, but osu 4k is objectively the best rhythm game?

pls check out etternaonline.com/ if you play kb stepmania/etterna, it has a difficulty calculator so you can know what files to play

I've been playing some iidx and I'm having fun, but I realise I don't play most of the songs. What game has mostly weeb tracks and denpa songs, SDVX?

Those are SM's standard hidden/sudden if you're selecting them from "Appearance".

Le cool surprise boxes.
Hold Tab, or get a better computer. Runs fine on my dual core shitbox.

You're constantly using SM's built in bad hidden/sudden and Etterna's attempt at lanecovers interchangeably. This makes understanding what the fuck to help you with difficult, anyways…

Probably because both use the same inputs to adjust.
At the bottom it says, you can adjust the hidden or sudden by using Select and EffectUp/Down.
You can set custom keybinds to these if you want in the config key options.
If you're unaware, the default Select key is the ? key on your keyboard. The EffectUp/Down default keys are =/- respectively. Select one or the other, enter a song, hit F8, which enables autoplay, hold Select, and adjust with EffectUp/Down.

posting score btw

You're just mad because you suck too much to play at the more fun levels. Osu is literally one of the best designed and maintained games ever. No ads or bullshit either. Not many games can say that.

Nonono, I'm not upset because I'm not good at standard. I'm upset because of how a core mechanic of the scoring system, and therefore pp system, is so reliant on keeping combo. There's also the general community meta of abusing how the star rating values are calculated by making overrated maps relative to difficulty. This happens in standard, this happens in o!mania, could very well be happening in other modes.
Seeing high level players resetting a song 10-50 times for that sweet sweet dopamine rush of an FC, then hopping to the next released pp meta map doesn't make it very fun to spectate either.
You can have fun while being bad at a game you know. The process of learning and getting better is fun itself, if you're in the right mindset.

Gonna have to stop you there. First off, it's not been designed by the creator of osu but by the creators from many other companies and franchises. What osu is, is an emulator for many other games. The standard mode is an emulator of ouendan for example. You can read that up in its own wiki. In fact, not a single game mode yet in osu is an original creation.
If you mean that he designed a bunch of emulators, kudos to him.

Having seasonal updates with updated backgrounds for a multiplayer client isn't anything spectacular.

If you're not a supporter, you get the occasional, "It'd be nice if you supported us!" popup, after clicking to download a file, but that seems fair.
However, if you're comparing that to many other rhythm games, none of them even do this little interruption.

What games exactly are you attempting to use as comparisons? MMOs? You should elaborate on your thoughts more.
We're talking rhythm games here.

I haven't even brought up what a cesspool of a community has been bred over time, often polluting videos of songs that have no affiliation with osu other than some chucklefuck got the song a ranked map.

Osu's anti-cheat is Windows 10-tier spyware. It records what processes you were running and takes screencaps of your desktop.

Probably jubeat, but its a bad game.

Dance Dance Revolution after X2

If you care about pp then you care about score. If you care about those then getting more combo is already inherently in your best interest. Logic?

The only thing bad about the scoring system is that it makes it easier for players' skill to "plateau", if all they use is the scoring system as a metric for their improvement over time.

They don't always do that and people go for FCs because they know they can. People have different goals and some are obsessed with improving their own.

Just your opinion.

That's not really an accurate description, it's more like it stole/cloned a bunch of rhythm games and aggregated them into a single client.

that doeskin stop it from being inherently flawed at a mechanical level therefore bullshit

bumpan with groove coaster
a good rhythm game

Explain.

The point of a music game is to do things to the beat and as accurately as you can.
Adding a combo mechanic which greatly outweighs and undermines the importance actual accuracy and values it over sloppy acc but its fine as long as its combo basically makes the game retarded.

Missing a note is against "doing things to the beat" too though, and against accurately representing how the song is 'played'.

It's already inherently a mechanic, as I explained before, just a different scoring system.

It doesn't greatly outweigh accuracy, it's just a bonus multiplier. It's like you think, in IIDX for example, that if I get a 500 PGREAT 500 MISS score it should be the same as a 1000 GREAT FC?

It may look like an extreme example but if osu!mania had a similar system to IIDX where an S needed the same percentage as a AAA (88.89%), that's only a 6.11% difference that anything other than accuracy gives you. So tell me again how combo "greatly outweighs" accuracy, given that you still have to get to that 88.89%?

Just your opinion.

Your opinion seemed to be unfounded or misinformed.

i'm just here for the music

what the fuck
posting something actually ontopic to make up for this waste of dubs

Would love to get more songs for the game, too bad the song packs are like 5 - 20 dollars

that's only for lane covers, what's the point if i can't have both lane covers, what's the point if i can't adjust hidden/sudden, what is the FUCKING POINT, when useful themes and just vanilla stepmania with a good theme actually has useful features minus a "feature" is just an autistic rating system where muh "goods don't punish hard and miss is too punishing (you fuckin miss), also holds weigh too much xddd and here's our new autistic rating like HD (what the fuck does that even mean?)"

i was originally going to play it for the autistic rating as people mutter muh wife/waifu rating, but to be quite honest, it's a fucking meme when the stupid build's performance hanging and doesn't do shit unless i hold tab and press something.

Bzy is that you

Have you tried a smaller window resolution?

i desire intercourse with toby 🤠

you should play bms! there's lots of cute boys (>,…,

who you tryin to get crazy with ese?
dont you know im loko

You have to go back, you know.

where's the bugle

github.com/etternagame/etterna/releases/tag/0.55.3

no more weird timing issues

When are hold mechanics not going to be shit?

fightan games > rythm gaymes
prove me otherwise

low-tier b8

more like
any game > rythm games

bump

when are you going to actually make the thread interesting tbh

Be the change you wish to see in the world Sage kun.

i tried

Thank you user.
Have this.

Its ok user playing on keyboard is more fun.
Rip quads.

indeed, playing beatmania on a keyboard is more fun.

@boty

RGG was a mistake.

not as much of a mistake as combo based scoring

I can tell you've done your research!

thx bb

rip /rgg/

Hey, autists need a daycare too!

May your poor insults help you sleep at night.

May your writhing in mediocrity keep you happy :-).

really? I remember when I used to play there were so many obvious cheaters that never got banned. Is it still like that?

hey if /rgg/ is dead we can go to halfchan /jp/ right

We can never go back. Because halfchan can never go back to what it was.

It's just as bad here, probably why these threads just turned into Discord recruitment, but it used to be better.

try to be less obvious shill

Do people still play Osu as much as they used to?

Generally has the most active community of any rhythm game. For mania, a lot of good western 7k players left years ago, though 4k is relatively active.

Looking forward to pulling these out again for Extra Life in two weeks. Doing another marathon DDR session for charity. Hooray for killing myself to save lives!

In the west its probably still the most active community yes.

Thats beautiful user. Even though I dont play dance games.

I'm 2 games away from a complete PS2 set. Finished the PS1 set last year. All that remains is DDR X from Japan and X2 from US.

comparisons are relative (compared to other western players)

Rhythm games are fucking shit suck my dick losers

What pad do you play on? I myself have a softpad with cardboard on it for the times I do play dance games, but it's kinda lacking.

Thanks for the bump user

I want to Taiko.

me too user

You're welcome, faggot.

100% of iidx players will say this is not fun

Nice doubles user

Also Porter Robinson released a new track, and its got a 100% mid 2000's Bemani/BMS vibe going, Its fucking great seeing him go back to his roots. This honestly wouldnt feel out of place in like DistorteD or BOF2005.

Who taiko here? I've been playing the new one and it's pretty fun.

though in all fairness I wouldn't buy a PS4 for just one game.

true, puyotet is the best rhythm game