Dissidia NT

anyone played this yet? It's probably awful and worse than the psp games right? Combat is much more horizontal and this 6 player thing looks like shit. The only thing I like is the full motion video look for the characters. I mean since it's been out for arcade for awhile now there must be some anons who already know all about it right? Please summarize the game for me and tell me if it's worth anything, also I assume there's no chance in hell it's ever coming to pc, in which case I'd like some opinions to reinforce my prediction. Thanks in advance for anyone who bothers to reply with some general info

No thanks I only play Final Fantasy 8, the best Final Fantasy entry

Ah I see you're a man of culture as well

NO PRISHE, NO BUY

Completely dumbed down from the PSP games. Literally all they had to do was take dissidia 012 and add more characters/stages and online play, but the instead overhauled the entire game to make it more casual.

It's basically Dissidia: J-Stars Edition. The mechanics are similar to the previous two games but it feels worse because of the 3v3 battle system. Granted, Dissidia didn't have the best 1v1 gameplay in the previous entries, but having to fight in teams really ruins that aspect of the game.

pity. Thanks for the info

Dissidia was great, you fucking faggot. This isn't.

I liked it too, in fact I just played the games for two weeks almost non-stop after getting burnt out again. Are you seriously trying to berate me for not PRAISING it enough like some faggot? It's not a masterpiece and easily criticized for its utter simplicity. Also people tend to use "worse" to mean "not as good as" sometimes, it's not really the correct way to use it but who fucking cares if you're not autistic

before getting burnt out* ah shit im sleepy

No, I thought you were shitting on the PSP games, which were great and content crammed experiments.

Except that IS the correct way to use it. The ONLY thing the word worse means is that one thing isn't as good as another. It's only here on Holla Forums, where praise of anything for any reason whatsoever makes people call you a rabid fanboy, does the word worse mean "X is not as good as Y, and Y was shit, so X is that much inferior." Only when you very specifically use the phrase "even worse than" does the word worse mean what you think it means.

Go to bed, fag.

If I remember correctly, retarded "journalists" called Dissidia mediocre or even bad and I think I've only ever seen negative opinions about it, here or before I left shit4cucks.

I played the Beta. It was great. The 3v3 system actually works really well and gives the combat a unique and interesting depth to it that wasn't present before, and at the very least works as a much better balanced form of assists. It blends really well with the bravery system as well since you can target specific characters based on their bravery, and team composition and general teamwork is pretty cool too. The more things different about the game the more things have changed the same though really, while some systems work differently it's still very much Dissidia when you play it, and the games were always working towards becoming team games anyway. Hell I remember it being one of the most requested things way back in the day.
Also don't listen to anyone that tries to say it's been dumbed down, there is literally a single net loss of mechanics in the game (Quickmove is gone, except for wallrunning which is tied to dashing), everything else is similar or replaced with something of equal measure. If there's anything more specific you want to know about then just ask.

underrated posts

When you played the beta were you able to do any multiplayer matches? I left the game on the lobby screen for half an hour and never got a match, I was convinced it didn't work.

Fuck off and kill yourself.

Matchmaking was an early issue and had problems where you had to restart the game or something but they fixed that pretty quickly from what I heard. I played it later on after they had fixed it and had no problems at all finding matches, it only took like two minutes at the very most.

thanks

I agree but man oh man, that fucking story mode dialogue gave me cancer.

The last time I heard about Arcadissidia, I heard movesets got gutted all around because you can only have 2 HP attacks at a time. How do you justify that one?

It was boring as shit, but it at least served its purpose as far as stages and fights and it did occasionally have interesting and immersive aspects to it like at the beginning of Warrior of Light's campaign where it really does feel like everything is fucked beyond repair and drifting towards doom and Garland casually walks up and tells him they might as well spend their time left enjoying battle without any music during the entire scene.

The cycle is a neat idea, but it could have been done better and not made so retardedly complicated with what might actually be Chaos and the manikins' scientific origin according to another dimension or some shit.

I just hope it has no canonicity to the games because I haven't gotten to play VII or X, but Vaan and especially Tifa and Yuna apparently fading and not being able to be reincarnated sounds like complete bullshit. Then again, everyone apparently disappearing after Chaos is finally defeated seems to make it surefire noncanon because that's obviously impossible for the slightest canon continuations of literally every fucking game.

Also, everyone's memories got 90% fucking deleted when summoned, I guess so characters could go through internal struggle and their knowledge, power and different experience doesn't blow apart everything immediately.

For most characters it's 1 HP attack actually, but Vaan can equip 2, many characters have some that change based on some factor (like Cecil and Bartz) and some characters (like Kain) have another HP attack from their Ex Skill.
Anyway, less HP attacks doesn't sound great on the outset, but when you think about it, it's a 3v3 game so you still have to be aware of multiple ones on top of their brave movesets of which almost everyone has more of; 3 ground, 3 air and a dash move at least and that's not counting Ex Skills or any character specific gimmicks or extended movesets like the job changers. The choice also makes more of an impact on your overall gameplan and playstyle based on what you want to do as part of your team, so there's more thought involved in picking it. It works better than you'd think it would in action.

It already sounds like it's fucking shit.

I can't figure out what you're trying to say. There are less HP attacks usable at once per character but you have to deal with 3 characters while you have 2 characters on your side and need to keep in mind which ones they've all chosen. As I already said too they can have gimmicks of their own. Cecil has two that change effect based on what job he's in, and Bartz' Geomancer is two different attacks whether he's on the ground or in the air.
Everyone also has a minimum of 7 bravery attacks (except Vaan who has 5 and 2 HPs), which isn't counting Ex Skills or additional mechanics for characters that change how their attacks work or what ones they have, of which there are a hell of a lot.

Dissidia had all kinds of neat ways you could approach with HP attacks and even listed their execution and effect to help you get a good idea how to use them if they fit your personal playstyle, this shit just cuts it down and kills creativity and makes shit way too repetitive and watered down than it should be in a fucking 8th generation Sony PlayStation 4 game from a portable series 2 entire generations of video games ago. Imagine someone playing Cloud back in PSP having no choice but to fucking spam Braver literally every other attack when chasing their opponent with enough bravery to win because they don't have fucking Omnislash Version 5 to chain into unlocked most likely on accident until after beating the game after being forced to do that shit every battle. Or how about only being able to use Crosslash meaning you can't attack in the air period and all the opponent has to do is simply fucking jump out of the way and you'll never win against non retarded Lv. 1 CPU?

I really have to know, have you actually seen any gameplay of the game at all? All of that is still present and correct with the attacks you have, along with the 2 other players on your team that you can work with and pave the way to approach and land them. You can now dash cancel the end of all your attacks to lead into pressure or do combos off of wall rushes yourself which is a thing now, and as if it wasn't blatantly obvious, HP attacks work both in ground and air. It sounds like you're jumping to the worst possible conclusion you can think of based on the assumptions you've made when all you need to do is watch maybe one or two match videos to understand how it's not like that at all.

I've seen a few videos, it really does look disgracefully slower and less action packed than games released for a handheld entire generations ago. Even Break is no longer satisfyingly presented and even then too much looks like all style no substance. Not to mention that shitty hub straight up cluttering the screen.

Only thing I'm glad about is Ramza and that they even impressively thought to include such an emotionally powerful boss theme like Antipyretic to represent his ideals in the face of his shit life and hype him up.

Dash speeds are a little slower, but less action packed it sure as hell ain't. I don't know how you could even say that when there's three times the amount of players in stages that aren't bigger than some of the biggest stages in the old games, but there's still a whole lot going on both on a smaller and larger scale. Break is still satisfying to land in game, just a bit snappier but there's more people to consider so it's not the be all end all of the fight, and with Ex Skills, buffs/debuffs, summons and whatnot there's still as much if not more substance to the fights. That comment makes it sound like you're still going into it intent to hate it and you really shouldn't because it's honestly a ton of fun. The hud was fine in action as well despite it's appearance and doesn't get in the way like people think it does just because there's a lot on screen which is still all important, but it doesn't matter since they're changing it anyway as shown in this trailer which isn't even the final version either, there's gameplay somewhere that has different neater chat icons.

Ramza being in is pretty awesome and they did a great job with his moveset too. That isn't the only FFT song they've included or remixed either.

Well, that looks much better.

And is that a reincarnation of Cosmos? Because if she is, that's kind of fucking hot.

After the last beta I'm slightly more optimistic. I haven't gotten the chance to play it, but watching streams it feels closer to the original games than before in speed and execution, just with teams this time. They're also working on the HUD and giving us the option to play 1v1. I played Gundam Versus the other day and it feels similar at times, but Dissidia seems simpler than that.

I really want this to succeed and be good because Dissidia 012 was one of the best games I ever played. I still play it on my Vita.

Haven't seen a single EX Burst and I'm not optimistic.

It may help to get some recent gameplay.

1v1 is still in? Thank god, I though they were going to force it to be teamfights only.

It's a new character, as far as we know. Now the story centers around Materia, the chick, and Spiritus the guy who looks like a cross between KH1 Ansem and Jecht, who want you to fight to keep the world ticking along or something. There's not much info about them or the overarching story yet so I just think of them as Cosmos and Chaos' interns.

Ex Modes and Ex Bursts have been reworked and replaced by Ex Skills and summons or just having the attack in their moveset, like Omnislash being a HP attack but he also has Cherry Blossom from FFT.
Ex Skills are special attacks, buffs and debuffs, two of which you choose yourself from a bunch that you unlock by leveling up, and a third which is unique to the character and usually has a big impact on what you're doing. Many are cooler or more interesting than old Ex Modes though, Warrior of Light forces everyone around him to lock onto him for a while which is a neat way of having him act as the tank in this kinda game.
Summons pretty much work just like Ex Modes/Bursts, your team picks one before the match which gives you a bonus both before and after summoning. Then you need to fill a bar by fighting or destroying summon cores that appear on the map, and summon it once it's full so it appears with a fancy cutscene and tears up the stage and the enemy team.

I just wanted to show off the new HUD but thanks.

1v1, 2v2 and 2v1 are available in custom lobbies, but it's mainly based around 3v3 and it actually works really well. Don't knock it till ya try it and get used to it, though I'm curious how 2v2 would work.

How is that at all a good thing? You just said this was a team game, and now you can HP off of your own wallrush? No assist needed?
Considering there's no escape skills that's pretty bullshitty bub.

That's supposed to be Kain?! Wtf?

FFIV After Years.

When is it explained that people who aren't revived don't die entirely since that would retardedly fuck every single story beyond repair and thankfully cause inevitable apocalypse for every shit raped excuse of a plot left?

It's irritating how I had to look that up and still haven't found any ingame mention of a limbo that sends everyone back after the 13th cycle. I get that the original worlds are fucked up and fragmented together, so it'd only make sense for them to go where everyone else who was on them when they were blown apart did since they didn't have anything to do with revival shenanigans either.

You got a whole other team, that's a huge escape skill in itself if you're working together. Not to mention that you have to take them to a wall and slam them into it which requires you to be up close to the wall in question. The whole combo can take time, time that anyone on their team can capitalize on by catching up and hitting you to interrupt, or even waiting till you do the HP attack and getting an easy break into a combo of their own.

FIRION BEST BOY

Please tell me which exact ones in 012 because I'm sure I casually read them years ago.

And just in case you think that sounds like an excuse, tell me if this does: I vividly remember reading about Cid of the Lufaine and the origin of Chaos and the manikins while trying to figure out what was the fuck was going on now that the cycle was over and everyone went home. I hated finding out how everything was rooted in science even if magic was a crucial factor. Unless you point out Shinryu was an actual god and basically made both human made creations into actual otherworldly entities that could hold domain over things like light and darkness and apparently even existential concepts like peace and chaos.

I just don't remember anything about a kind of Limbo and one of the first things you hear is there's no return yet that's obviously proven wrong since Chaos himself killed Cloud when he turned on him just to save his 10/10 big titted, long haired tomboy childhood waifu and he's the biggest and baddest of them all. But again, none of this is elaborated on according to memory.

Its really, really bad. They essentially took a PSP game and thought 'this is our esports darling' and its been designed that way without any idea of how fgc tier competitive games work. Its a fucking shitshow.

and of course all the surveys are about 'how likely are you to watch streamers you know play this in a tournament'.

I feel bad for Final Fantasy fans inevitably suffering so many retarded secondaries just like Super Smash Bros.

I still feel wrong for not at least having played IV, VI, VII or VIII, but I really like the characters and villains and 012 alone gave a good taste of why everyone that isn't a retarded cuck, hag or hipster fucking loves Tifa. She's almost literally perfect and it's not even forced.

I'm referring to the original Dissidia ones that should be in the Museum or whatever it's called, though I'm actually not sure if they remembered to put them in Duodecim as well. They had the rest of that game in there though (except the Duel Colosseum and I loved that shit) so they must be. It's been a long time since I played and read it all myself so I don't remember quite what the deal is with what they say at the 13th cycle ending, but none of the characters in the game are actually their original selves, it's just their memories summoned and planted into magic bodies. Fucking that process up is how manikins were created. Magic and science have always went hand in hand in these games though, I wouldn't call it just rooted in science or even get upset about that when it's just applying magic in certain ways.

I dunno which part you're referring to about no return but at the end of every cycle everyone gets blown to hell by Shinryu and he then revives them all to start a new cycle. The only parts where they would be dead for "real" are when the 012 crew sacrifice themselves to close the rift and stop manikins pouring in (which just means that Shinryu can't revive them for the next cycle and they're not the original characters either) and after Cosmos dies and they're starting to vanish, though the crystals are the only thing stopping that from happening.

Okay, makes perfect sense now, thanks.

We should host our own dissidia 012 ad hoc party tournament on Holla Forums. Anyone interested in getting that going? I can start a thread.

Does Zidane love tits or something?

AND ass.

I've watched the arcade streams. That's not an option. That takes recognizing your ally getting wallrushed, retargeting, rushing over, and attacking without interference. You stick to the wall for days, so your enemy can take their time with the HP and make sure nobody is incoming (target lines), and HPs are usually chosen for execution speed (since you only get one) which makes things unstoppable.

Nobody is going to stop Lightning or Exdeath from capitalizing on a wallrush chance. Nobody has the attention in such a chaotic game to recognize the counter-opportunity and be in a reasonable position to stop any of the fastest, and even some of the slowest HPs in the game. 9 times out of 10 from my observations, 1v1 wallrushes are capped in for 3000+ damage if not death, which seems really high reward for knocking back someone far enough to touch the wall. Defending against it just does not happen in the arcade scene.

It very much is an option. I did it myself several times in the Beta, and have seen it happen countless times over many match videos. Of course it varies based on where everyone is, but that's a matter of team coordination and stage awareness, and regardless of how chaotic it might look you can definitely learn to control and work together to deal with such things, just as the enemy team can watch each other's backs and intercept. It's what separates the good players from the great teams. Also they don't particularly have to lock onto you to move towards you, and wallrush combos don't do nearly that much damage unless there's a number of stat buffs/debuffs at play.

What do people see in her anyway, besides being a toblerone dispenser?

She seemed at least decent as a character in 012, but holy shit, why does she have no curves?

What part of "Toriyama's waifu" don't you understand?