Does anyone here remember blockland?

Does anyone here remember blockland?

I must have missed it. Was it fun? Did we play it together? Can we play again?

RIP real maps. Seriously why the fuck did they get rid of them. That San Andreas map was the shit too.

"Roblox is better" used to be a meme until the spastic fuck went and ruined the game. Rest in piece.

I haven't seen any announcements of people playing but getting more than 3 people on a server would be cool.

Roblox is better

*was

This man could've been half as rich as notch and he fucked it all up

To be fair the game is pretty damn old, and it was being compared to every block based game out there.

Though I think with the minecraft explosion over the dev (or somebody who asks reaaally nicely) could pick this game back up and make some serious money with it.

Why did they have to remove maps? This game is like a time capsule of old 2007 shit with the pedobear, cock mongler, and yaranaika shit in it. Plus, it's not uncommon to find files on servers of older shit as well, like music blocks playing Scatman John and the like. I know I'll never be able to go into a server again and see "Sir_Swamperts' Kitchen Party! Feel free to join!" where everyone is just acting innocent and autistic and RPing like they just came off of fanfiction.net. That shit was bad, yeah, but in a way it's fascinating to immerse yourself in a group of people and see how they interact in their own unique ways due to their culture being so different. Watching drama between special snowflakes unfold as actual talented people make cool builds and everyone else just chills out and admires everything; there was something special to it. It's the same reason I enjoyed Second Life back when I played it; there was something fascinating about seeing such a strange group of people interacting with each other and going about their business in a game in their own strange ways. Obviously, Blockland was and is more comfy, but still.

Something I like is how in the more open freebuild servers, even now, is that you can build something and other people might go and add onto it; one time I built some surrealist Roman shrine with soft pastel colors, and someone realized they could turn it into a kickass stunt ramp, so we ended up with some radicool stunt ramp leading up to a jump over this weird-ass shrine. Everyone was spawning jeeps and shit for it and it was honestly really cool to see two creations merge together in such a collaborative way. But yeah, the removal of maps is fucking gay; I miss the comfy shit that the game would have. The open maps are still really fun to play on as always; they were used a lot and were really popular for a reason, but I'm always gonna miss the cool maps that they had. Badspot fucking nuked that shit to add in a new shader engine to make the game look more shiny to try and sell it to the modern graphicsfag, which is kind of dumb because Minecraft is very successful despite it literally having placeholder programmer-graphics as the visuals.

I'm open to play and find a server with you fucks if you wanna relive some of the old shit; we won't be able to go to the maps, but we can still have a good time dicking around in those endless areas.

Seriously though I fucking hate the new interface changes and the removal of maps. This game is a 2007 game and it should stay feeling like one. You can even get banned by BadSpot for using your account on an older version if you dare to go back and play one of the older ones. I believe there was an older, open-source version, and it'd be great if someone were to take that and rebuild the game as it used to be. But seriously pls I wouldn't mind playing if anyone wants to make a server. This game is a little druglike to me with how nostalgic it is.

Anyone know if RTB 1.045 can still go online?

This is the first result on Youtube when you search for Blockland, some autist complaining about the game

That'd be cool, I don't know how to organize stuff here but that'd be cool

just play minetest tbh, if there's anything that "modding engine" with no good mods can do, it's building

Minetest is shit too but at least it's not as shit as minecraft.
Needs some autistic engineering mods to be bearable, but they don't exist.

I didn't end up trying it until it was already ruined by the sperg who made it.

I bought a key a lokng time ago, but yeah, it got ruined. Dev is an MRA though.

You're kidding

You're kidding

BRING BACK MAPS BADSPOT YOU FUCK

Return To Blockland was my shit.

No but I remember Cube World.

I used to play it for a while, only offline i think i had the demo
I spend most of the time in the snow mountain map. Building my little house up in the hill and skiing down the hills afterwards.

The best this game ever was, was near the end of the RTB 1.045 era and the first year or two of the retail game. RTB was the best for fort wars and RPing and retail was amazing for freebuilding and general dicking around. Nothing can compare to racing down the mountain in the ice map with jeeps.

I can't believe this autistic video that exposed me to the game is already over 11 years old.

The nostalgia just got me hard.