Response to paid mods extremely overwhelming

Do you think Bethesda will do anything? Will they remain steadfast thinking it'll pass or will they slowly phase it out and quietly take Todd and Pete out behind the chemical sheds and shoot them?

This is fucking awesome.

Of course they will. They'll call Valve to remove those nasty negative reviews.

Why would they? People will buy it regardless of the reviews.

If Bethesda is cheap enough to pull this paid mods shit, what makes you think they'll dish out the dough for a powerful enough gun to pierce Pete Hines's monstrous steroid neck?

If they were willing to do that it would've been done a week ago. No, Valve ain't touching this. They copped all the hate from Bethesda's first attempt at paid mods. Bethesda is on it's own.

They'll boil him alive with the hot air that comes blasting out of Todd's head when he's shot to kill Pete.

Even normalfags can learn.

No they won't back down. They'll hope people will either forget about or accept it out of fatigue.
At the same time modding options will become locked down more and more because Beth wants to monetize reskinned swords and new dungeons and not bondage bestiality fetish mods.

I don't think they'll back down, though i'm wondering if this will affect further sales of games they publish in the future and how they'll respond to it. I think the only game they've published recently that's not from the dev studio Bethesda that was profitable was Nu-doom and they're really burning through their reserves of good will at this point.

That's pretty clever actually. Wonder why they can't put that same amount of energy into developing an adequate physics engine?

They can't back down, because it would mean lots of pissed off investors. Worst case scenario, they drop its importance and wait for their next big title to try again.

Though Chris Avellone did change his FB profile pic to a pic of him hugging fallout boy saying "I missed you", so it's possible they're going to replenish their good will a bit by having Avellone write their next Fallout to increase interest.

Testing.
cuck

Yeah, but Valve really wants to do paid mods. Even as they were taking away paid mods they were saying that it'd come back eventually.

Leave it to valve to introduce new cancer norms

You know that isn't true.

no they wont do shit at this point

(checked)

Well damn, what a beautiful set of quads.

Valve already has paid mods.

You were a normalfag once quadsman.

I never were a normalfag. Since age of 10 i was homeschooled and had no contact with humans outside my family. So there's a chance of never even being a normalfag.

That sounds suspicious.

I wasn't talking to you, perma singles.

Then who made the game a mostly negative review score.
Its was normal fags who didn't want to pay for something that was once free.

Big talk for someone off by one

It's almost like Steam reviews are a completely fucking worthless avenue of protest.

It worked for Rockstar.

Normalfags stop eating one flavor of shit yet eat several others as if they were lobster dishes. They're herds of faggots, just as they were manipulated to downboat a shitty game or practice, they'll be manipulated into loving droves of shittier games and practices. Odds are most of those people didn't stop playing FO4, and many more will forget or learn to accept paid mods. Remember that image of the BOYCOTT MW2 group with every member playing it? That's what you're looking at.

There's no reason for them to back down. They'll stick to their guns and people will get used to it, as usual.
We already had the community whine about paid mods, but it's ok this time because Bethesda "fixed" it.

If it's any consolation all my normalfag friends hate it too.

Its no industry wide, its two games.
One which is a 6 year old game and one which even by normal fags a weaker Fallout game.

But ignore common sense, lets just cry into our hands and schlick off about how awful everything is.

I know that is, in fact, true.

Bethesda loves continuous sales of old products too (see skyrim) and they won't be getting that if the game is rated negatively.

Holla Forums talking about normalfags is like a celebrity who lives in a gated community while surrounded by bodyguards taking about gun control.

That's some stupid fucking analogy right there
Lemme rephrase that better
Holla Forums talking about normalfags is like a nigger who got out of the hood and never looked back

Stick to food analogies, folks.

Why do you think they call them normalfags?

I really don't want to hear about gun control from people who live in gated communities and have their own armed private security.

Totally different guy, but I was never a normalfag. Born with a severe defect in my eyesight, I almost never related to anyone I ever met and made few friends. Started playing Doom at age 5. Many people were never normalfags.

Being on Holla Forums doesn't mean you never interact with normalfags.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Well i'm not that user, but I don't recall a single moment in my life where i was even remotely a normal.

No, sure you were not a normalfag, but you were an autist first and foremost.
Unfortunately some of use isn't born with that 'gift' and lived pretty normal and outdoor lives before we stumbled into this rabbithole by chance

If common sense would work we wouldn't even be in this position in the first place.
Even if this shit turn out to be a financial catastrophe for Bethesda, they'll keep on trying to force paid mods down everyones troath until the majority accepts it as the new normal.

Distasteful.

Wow that woman really loves cocks

Where's the pun, you fucking beaner

Here's the pun
*unzips*

I expect them to bribe congressmen for an anti-software modification law by the end of the decade.

WOW fucking CUCKIKE mods

Bethesda already released Morrowind and OpenMW already exists so at this point, who gives a shit what they do? Don't look at their trash, don't play their trash, don't associate with anyone stupid enough to play a new game of theirs and always - always - insult them.

That's probably why they've been holding off on TES6, they want to minimize the backlash for giving it microtransactions. Hell, they're probably thinking about lootboxes too now that those are becoming common. I wonder if they're crazy enough to try combining them into modboxes.

I dunno what else to say.

I think its more due to the fact that Bethesda, the developer, only does a game each 4 years, with the only exception being Fallout 3 which was literally Oblivion with guns.

Its only been 2 years since Fallout 4

Why waste money on creating something when you can waste money on marketing something?

Looks like they've finally done something about it.

Either way it works out, they either double down and get fucking tanked, or they back off and stop that shit.

We've seen this before, the normalfags are actually waking up.

they already made over 95% of FO4 lifetime sales, I'm sure they don't give a shit about steam reviews

Only on PC at the moment though, so it might be less about fixing a problem and more about realizing people could use the files.

Normalfags, Reddit and consolefags will buy it anyway, why give a fuck?

Quads confirm. Normalfags will continue the worst industry practices and the worst industry trends with their shekels. They may moderately rebel occasionally long after it's too late to do so, then promptly forget when the next shit pile graces their plate from the same assholes who just shit on them.

Iriomote are the greatest if not the greatest cat known to man

Not only is it garbage its also a virus.

You guys have to be retarded to believe that Bethesda will suffer from this, they are just gonna release a "good" paid mod and everyone is gonna forget about the whole thing just like what's happening to Skyrims's creation club

Yea and normalfags in general were pretty disappointed with fallout 4, they are still going to buy the next elder scrolls and fallout.

They're probably not going to do a goddamned thing. If all this negative backlash doesn't actually translate into lost sales on future projects, then they'll absorb the PR hit and keep rolling with it until people tire themselves out and accept that Paid Mods are a thing that happens now. All it will take is one or two decently sized mods content wise, at a price that's not completely obscene - and people's opinions will turn to begrudging acceptance. You're already seeing this on various PS4 forums. Criticism of Paid Mods is being conflated with criticism of mods. "Don't like mods, then don't use mods" or "You just wants free shit, you're no better than a pirate" will be the banner by which dissenting opinion is trampled.

FO4 really isn't good for anything, is it?

Too bad that their neofag audience is shrinking by the day because they get permabanned for sneezing over there then huh?

nothing will surprise me after seeing how quickly microtransactions were accepted.
it's really too bad though, we'll never again have a time where hundreds of people are building on each others mods to make completely unique scenarios.

You doomsayers said the same shit when Steam introduced paid mods and it was removed.
Now only bethesda is doing it, they're taking another huge PR hit and you just claim without using any evidence or logic that its guaranteed.

Well she better just go and buy a whole bunch of paid mods because no way of getting around it.
Christ you're either a shill or a retard.

No game will ever have a modding community like Skyrim circa 2012-2015.

I don't know if Bethesda killed it with paid mods or if it was always going to die out but modding in general will never be the same for any game.

We'll never have that again because modders have become such insufferable cunts that god forbid you put their mod in your mod even with credit because they took all their shit down in a fit of autistic rage.

I can't hear you over the morrowind and Stalker mods.
Its like you fags don't know shit about vidya.

As a normalfag I feel bad for you :(

Well I know more than you, obviously.

My videogame can beat up your dad, what about that huh

Of course they won't, as long as Bethesda makes bank off of normalfags.

They'll remain steadfast. They aren't doing this for the PC market. They want that sweet console cash, especially with the ps4, since it can't have free mods.

relevant digits

I hope this kills console sales. I hate consolized UI.

Actually I'm not. I'm not entirely a "normalfag" either.

as if any normalfag gives a shit

Steam already does paid mods, and people accept it. But that's for Valve games. The problem with paid Bethesda mods on Steam is that 1. they were shitting on an already established mod community with absolutely no mind to compatibility or the legal issues involved - and 2. Valve was there to put the brakes on the shitshow the moment waves of hate started to roll in.

BethesdaNet is a direct response to that. They don't want to be reliant on third party distributors getting cold feet and pulling out on them. If you want to fuck your customers right, you have to do it yourself.

How? You claim modding won't ever be like 2011-2012 skyrim modding?
Fallout NV alone comes close, Morrowind with open morrowind, and all the mods for Stalker eclipse, it.
Now your saging after bumping the thread because someone called you out on your idiocy.

They have people make skins then charge for it, that's a far cry from paid for mods.
And bethesda is dying, Fallout 4 failed in every way to be the success they needed and hoped for.
But lets ignore any sense, the videogame industry is doomed. :^)

I get a feeling I'm talking to 18-20 year olds who don't remember what the industry was like in the early 10s.

You don't have a single fact to back that up.

I saged my post because calling you a retard isn't the topic of this thread, retard.

You saged because you're too young and to new to figure out how the board works.
I would say an entire rework of an engine eclipses mainly texture changes and modded spells.
SKSE, like enb is done by someone who does scrip extenders for several other games.
And even then its just a script extender.

Meanwhile both Morrowind and Stalker have had people work for years to add multiplayer or add in more lands and zones that double or more the size of the base game.
But again you don't know shit about what you're talking about but clearly invested in this argument so I image you're going to double down until you say something even you realize after you post is retarded.

People have done sages for off-topic posts since time immemorial, user.

Not him, but take your meds. You missed the point entirely. You're focusing on mod communities that do or did exist, he's talking about what will now never exist. Paid mods ensured that the future will not repeat these communities as we would know them, they are gone now. Will there be games like Morrowind, Stalker and the like? Probably, there's always a niche for a rich world of possibility that inspires others to add or enhance said world. Will the communities that crop up to add or enhance said games be there in the future? Magic 8-ball says "Outlook Grim". The dynamic of a game being good but feeling like it has room for more and players giving it just that seems to be coming to a close. It may not change much, or it may be wholly unrecognizable to us, but for sure the future of modding communities was changed by this paid-mods bullshit.

This was already done in 2006. They called it DLC and charged for it even though it was the same kind of novelty plugin that they used to release for free for Daggerfall and Morrowind. Now they're doing it again. Only this time it's not just a handful of cheesy add-ons that the devs release. Now it's ALL the user-made passion projects that have always been unquestionably free to download. Not only that, but as the mod client becomes more accepted, the creative freedom of the modders will diminish. Modders will be restricted, not only in the type of content they can add, but also in the scope of how they can manipulate the game. All these overhaul mods and big continent-adding user made expansions will become a thing of the past. Same way quality studio-made expansions are already a thing of the past thanks to DLC. And, once again Bethesda is the arbiter and video games come one step closer to becoming that quickly-digestible form of entertainment that movies are, compelling the consumers the buy their fix by the week or even by the day, instead of every few months. And Facebook and Reddit will keep pulling those sales in. Because as long as the corporate memes keep flowing and the marketing firms keep flooding forums with fake hype, every person that was disappointed with the previous Bethesda game will change their tune. Like Pavlov's dogs, they will remember all the fun they had on the hype train last time and they will kick back into that state of salivation over the impending kick in the dick.

Was this that conan game? Is it online only or can I pirate it and play a single player version?

the early build got leaked and you could play online on it but i doubt it was popular enough to some autist update it and shit

This makes me incredibly hopeful and happy, to the point that I'm worried, because we can never have anything good happen.

Then
Now
We will never win

No it started happening around 2012-14 when /a/ started mingling with Holla Forums
Off topic saging was predominant there.

This was when a pirate copy came out that was accidentally uploaded which didn't have Denuvo.
Its only really good for titties.

Yeah and again if what you said was true Fallout 4 would be Skyrim but with guns.
But it failed to gain the praise of normal fags.
If what you said was true CoD would still be top dog.
If what you said was true then Andromeda would of been bought and praised regardless of the poor quality.

However

I actually a reference point because I'm not an eighteen year old looking for a reason to feel depressed and sad.

Why the fuck would this make you happy? Do you think Avellone writing it will make it a good game? Why? Avallone is known for writing good RPGs. Fallout isn't an RPG anymore and wont be ever again. Because this faux-RPG shooter adventure genre they've established is way easier to make and sells more to the casuals.

After Skyrim all their games will be this same bland generic endless radiant quest bullshit with a new coat of paint. No matter who writes the story.

It's actually worse than you think. The "people" on the Bethesda hype trains now don't even know what it is they're getting hyped for anymore–they remember when the old fans got hyped for Oblivion (and to a lesser extent, Skyrim, which was a mix of misguided older fans and the new wave of normalfags) and are engaged in a cargo cult-like emulation of that behavior, some for purely social reasons, some just trying to feel something. They have no idea what anyone actually liked about the older games, because they have no ability to discern good from bad.

To be honest, I'd rather see a collaboration between him and Kirkbride on TES6… just to see what the result would be. But that's never going to fucking happen. Creative people are good, but they're hard to control. Better (and cheaper) to just have a hack like Emil who knows he's trash at his job and will lick corporate asshole scribbling out garbage - especially when the paying customers don't apparently give a shit.

You're right. I jumped straight to my hope for a new Fallout made by Obsidian. Even if it used Bethesda's technology, that could still be an improvement. They did it in New Vegas, by putting in features like DT and proper speech checks.
But yes, if Bethesda just hires Avellone to write Fallout, it's still going to be shit.
However, there would still be a glimmer of hope, in that Emil Pagliarulo wouldn't be writing another story. Anyone would be better than him, and Avellone would be much better than him. So that's a silver lining.

Get ready for an Avellone written DLC for only $29.99.

I WILL CHANGE THE UNIVERSE THROUGH SHEER FORCE OF WILL AND OPTIMISM

I don't think Avellone's and Kirkbride's styles would mesh well together.

This is the monkey's paw, isn't it?

Nobody fucking cares how poorly it was received. It sold, and sold extremely well. More the rest of the Fallout series combined. Almost Skyrim levels of sales, and even beat Skyrim over the same time period.

Ever thought of a career in movies? You make a great projector.

Probably not, but it's better to experiment and see what would happen, than just accept another Emil script. Hell, you never know, they might end up having some sort of adversarial chemistry that actually results in something great.

The only reason why paid more was rolled back last time was because valve was attached to it and they did not want their brand ruined. This is pure Bethesda and they think they are untouchable. Until someone slaps them across the face financially they will continue on all their shit routes.

Good joke user.

It did not have Skyrim levels of sales you dumb fuck.
Skyrim printed money because it was REGARDED, as the
THE BEST GAME EVAAAAA!!11 for nearly 5 years straight, to the point Bethesda made Skyrim enhanced.
Also any money Bethesda did make on Fallout 4 is detracted by the fuck huge marketing budget, where entire train platforms were remodeled.
Just like Bioshock infinite which spent 300 mill on marketing they counted their chickens before they hatched and suffering for it.

You seem to care a whole lot about my opinion nigger.
You have to be a fucking millennial 18 year old, or a retard not to feel vindicated by current events.

First of all, IDs are there for a reason. Second, I was in high school when Morrowind came out and I do not feel vindicated by current events. All that was good in the studios is dead. These games are not marketed to me anyway. They are still toys and, even if all the commercials show 30-something faggots with cropped beards, they are still aimed at children who are too young to remember any kind of game that isn't a "spam X to win" mini-movie. I will feel nothing when AAA games collapse because all the Jews at the helm will have moved on to the next trend by then. Mass Effect may be shelved, but EA lives on. Zenimax will live on after Fallout and Elder Scrolls have been squeezed of every last drop of marrow. And, long after these giant publishers have died, greed will live on.

Yeah and everyone is greedy, including the people who pay for shit.
You take something that was free put a price tag on it and charge people for things they're going to be pissed, not just bend over and take the dicking.
Also most modders don't want to put 10+ hours in work for $100 bucks when going minimum wage for most states is around that.

They aren't going to do anything. After all, to review the game you have to buy it.

I think it is going to attract an entirely different kind of modder. I think members of the old modding community will be turned off by the restrictiveness of this client, above everything else. I think there will be a brief period of third-party script extenders and unofficial mods made outside the client until they are gradually squeezed out by empty legal threats and public shaming and the old modding community for Bethesda will die. Meanwhile, the Community Cuckshop, or whatever it's called, will fill with a new kind of modder. One that doesn't mind making hundreds of different ballroom gowns to sell for a buck each. Chad McNormalfag's girlfriend will get a new favorite game to play when she comes over. Plop on her horse, skip combat, skip combat, skip combat, arrive at the micro-transaction mini mart and just accessorize her character charging it all to Chad's Gamergoy Points Wallet.

Well, they're busy torching years of goodwill and destroying the only reason their games are as well regarded as they are. What will Bethesda do if there are no mods to fix it? Patch the game themselves?

name one instance where people didn't take the dicking and fought back against something free getting a price

Last time Bethesda tried pulling this shit. Dead Space 3 loot boxes (somewhat). There are more examples but I am too tired to think right now.

They can feel free to try it all they want. All this does is give more justification towards pirating video games and video game content. People will just upload the mods somewhere else for free. The only people this will affect are console children, which will then rage about the fact that PC players just download the same shit for 100% free and you'll see a massive shit-storm.

I couldn't care less about bethesda doing retarded shit like this. At this point I hope for it just so I can watch this kike infested industry burn to the ground.

excuse you?

They'll back down just like developers backed down from on disc DLC after 'gamer' outrage.
There's always another sucker. Thank you based invisible hand.

Meanwhile the otherside of the argument is

Oh man, yeah its like the only games people have access too is fallout 4 and Skyrim, not like several other games offering similiar experiences exist that don't charge money for mods.

The last time they tried Steam mods.
The retardation is strong.

Just like how the DLC cancer is only on the shit games from bethesda right

No it is present in the industry and companies that cross the line get punished for it.
Total war and Stellaris being examples for it.

People usually buy retarded DLC when its involved in social settings, just like people buy clothes they can't afford.

i just want to make vidya white again

Companies cross the line with DLC all the time, only in the most extreme cases do they get "punished" for it. The point is that paid mods will spread to other games.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bethesda is aiming to dethrone EA as the shittiest vidya company.

Whats a matter user. Good grammar and punctuation is for losers :^)

I think user meant it ==WILL== happen.

Look at this fucking NEWFAG

I like your style, but user was getting upset at grammar, not spelling

I'm not too sure. Most publishers don't even give people modding tools, I doubt they would put in the effort of giving people the tools to make things they can sell, when they can just stick to microtransactions.

and if they did give out modding tools then people can just make mods easier and put them on modding sites to bypass having people paying for the mods all together. It doesn't matter what Bethesda is thinking, Payed mods is never going to work.

Paid mods can't spread if Bethesda copyrights it, which I'm surprised they haven't already done.

This is why you've been calling everyone 18-year-old millenials. Because you are the underage fag.

Yes. CA and Paradox have learned their lessons. Their games are no longer brimming with nickel and dime garbage addons anymore. Hey, remember when you could unlock factions in Total War games by beating them in campaign mode? You know, instead of by paying an extra $7.99? Of course not. You're only 18.

When did the Jew do something that wouldn't make the rest of humanity miserable?

They can't copyright paid mods. Now, they can try to patent the specific system they use for it, but they can't say they own the concept of selling game content they hired others to make.

lel
Remember to flag reviews mentioning paid mods as helpful.

They can try.

Whats a matter you? Gotta no respect?

It's not novel, other companies have done it- including id (both of Quake's mission packs were made by other companies)
Sega hired a modder to make Mania etc. etc. etc.
Paying other people to make your shit, whether it's a modder you hire (contractually or otherwise) or another company/organization entirely has been around for a longass time, and there's no meaningful distinction between paid modders and outsourced labour

Holy shit that is the best compromise I've ever seen on Valve's part. You can instantly see what the issue is that caused the bomb, choose to disregard it or dig deeper right away. Fuck, that's great. Like, if there's a change to a game that pisses off SJW you can check the bomb and see 'oh it's literally nothing', but if some ass dev does something unforgivable you can look and then be like "Time to rev up that refund machine"

This is a company that has been known to sue small developers for using "scrolls" in the title of their game.

We really need an user to Ren these companies to the ground

They did say they wanted to better the service
Its taking them fucking ages to do so, but at least its happening.

No again there is wealth of evidence to prove you wrong.
You offered no examples just ignored mine and insisted you were right.

No I call you that because your insistence that everything is shit is what a young adult usually insists so they can play victim.
And they are rewarded with less sales.
Sega and Paradox are dealing with a huge PR problem, people need to buy the game to review it as someone else pointed out in this thread.

Why are you so insistent that everything is awful, that any positive outlook is wrong when the Steam reverted their paid mod policy, and then introduced refunds into their system?

Define getting punished for it, do you mean lesser sales because prove that companies that make cancerous DLC get lesser sales because of it. I think your perspective on DLC has shifted over the years of endless DLC kikery if you think that the industry is in any way shape or form healthy and that DLC kikery gets punished.

I don't think everything is shit. I think rushed, shallow shit conceived in a board room by executive shitheads is shit. I don't think any positive outlook is wrong, just your naive outlook. You're trying to say there is hope for an industry that has produced absolutely nothing good since 2004 or so. If you really think AAA is not completely beyond redemption, it's only because you weren't around when these studios actually made good games. And there are still developers out there making good games. Just not in this part of the industry.

But if you are the kind of person who sees a video game as a story to run through. If you don't need any real challenge and are happy to play pretend action hero. If you are willing to shell out another 49.99 to extend your hero's story by about 20 minutes. If you bought into the hype of Total WaWa and didn't mind paying extra to unlock races that were planned from game's conception… then you already are the rube I mentioned in my post above. Even as you assure everyone that Bethesda will be punished and back down, you already take greedy sales practices up the ass that were being protested 10 years ago but only ever got worse.

Wew, lad.
Let start with Bioshock infinite, which pushed even more streamlined shallow gameplay then the others despite having journos jerking off about it.
Their studio shut down.

Its called capitalism you defeatist faggot. A company pushes the envelope and occasionally finds a new way to milk shekels are loses sales over the course of time as they get associated with their shit practices.

I have an outlook that has been formed over the course of years.
You think that despite Paid mods being shitcanned by valve is somehow going to become industry standard on a platform that has EVEN LESS people, then Steam, that is even MORE EXPENSIVE then Steam, where you have FREE ALTERNATIVES.

This is why I think you're either retarded or trying to feel bad.
I knew Bethesda would double down on paid mods, same way they doubled down on TES online, or doubled down on making games even more shallow and lore breaking in Fallout 4 and they were punished for it by losing sales and Fallout 4 being largely forgotten only a year after release.

No it didn't get worse, in 2007-2008 paid for cosmetics in DLC was a standard for a few years until people stopped buying them in SP games, which is why most DLC today are expansions.
Which is true even for Skyrim, the only expansions for Skyrim are two "expansions" a house customization DLC and a free texture pack.

If what you were claiming was true then I should be scrolling down an entire list of DLC for cosmetics.
But there isn't because FREE MODS, prevented that practice. Which is why they are trying to capitalize on it in the first place.

>Don't worry SonyGoys, we'll make sure the mods are fairly priced.

Rubs Hands Vigorously

You're completely ignoring the bulk of what I said. Skyrim wasn't worth playing with or without mods/DLC yet they still made bank on it and then again with "enhanced edition." Even with the continued dumbing down of features and difficulty from Daggerfall to Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim you still say the industry isn't getting worse. Even as "enhanced editions" become industry standard for the next step after GOTY sales die down. Even as publishers continue to rehash old IPs as whack-a-mole Uncharted clones or SJW-controlled fanfic abortions. Even as publishers continue to lock content behind a paywall that was on the disk from day one. Even while early access is still a thing. Even as games get easier, shorter and more formulaic year after year. I'm not trying to feel bad and I think you're the one that's retarded. Let me reiterate: I still play plenty of games but anyone who sees anything good in the AAA industry right now is just stupid. All these games suck and the nickel-and-diming is rampant.

Yeah you mean during the age of CoD you mean people where suckered into buying Skyrim? Especially with the height of Xbox 360 who even niggers who smoked crack had in their house?

"Enhanced edition" sold but of course it would, but it didn't sell like hotcakes like Skyrim did which was.
Wew, someone didn't actually play the original Daggerfall, many of the mechanics were superficial and didn't have a large effect on the game. The open world was also barren as fuck.
Bethesda doing something isn't the same as it becoming industry standard.
Same as gold edition which was with AoE 1 and 2, and the same with the battle chest Blizzard sold with SC and WC3.
Its just a shipping of all expansions with a lowered price tag which was industry standard when Daggerfall was released.

This existed in the 90s as well, the Souls series was a continuation of From's earlier games.

So again you're a retard.

^^^^This is your mind means that its absolutely a sure thing, when everyone and their grandma knew they would try it again, and its even more likely to fail with the reasons I already laid out.
So risking sounding repetitive, you're a doom and gloom faggot who is willing to ignore all logic to jerk off with your tears about how awful everything is.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of paid total conversions that function like a full blown expansion of a game, people worked hard and deserve compensation for that amount of labor.

However, what Bethesda is pulling is overt Jewry.

Cindy and Iris are wasted on a shit game. Mods won't fix FFXV, nothing will. SE has been fucking up what should be a pretty simple formula to get right for years now, same as with Capcom refusing to give me a worthy RE4 sequel.

But publishers are facing problems now. The industry isn't expanding anymore, and casuals are bleeding off into the mobile market while their whoring to leftists is alienating more and more people, and as budgets inflate endlessly, profit margins narrow and games get increasingly buggier, broken and filled with loot crates, microtranasctions and nickle and diming schemes so will sales drop. Skyrim was a lucky break for Bethesda because it came at the right time to deliver a watered down RPG experience to a generation of gamers that had only played shit like Call of Duty and Gears of War. Said gamers are now older and somewhat wiser and aren't nearly as forgiving to FO4 for displaying the same flaws and having less content and complexity. Bethesda seems hell bent on running their good name into the ground for a quick shekel in their arrogant belief their next game will be Skyrim 2.0 in terms of sales.

I guarantee you they're in for a rude awakening if they keep shitting on people as they are doing now.

They are making money, everyone knows the reviews are due to backlash, people keep buying the game, people keep spending. If anything this proves that the rating system is all vanity especially as top selling games consistently have mixed or bad reviews due to player butthurt.

Not just that, but they pay the modders like shit while selling trash content for ridiculous prices, and from leaked information it's obvious that big, complex mods are never going to be a thing due to not just the restrictive limits Bethesda has placed on the size and complexity of the mods, but the fact that even with those restrictions in place they can't deliver the conflict free experience they promised.

I'd be the first guy to give the people making New California (formerly Project Brazil), Frontier, the huge MechCommander mod or SWAT: Elite Force a shekel, but money has proven to be a corrosive factor when it comes to modding since it destroys community cooperation and heightens the usual petty drama that surrounds the mod scene.

Fallout 4 sold less that Skyrim, it will never actually reach Skyrim sale numbers, it barely beat New Vegas and Bethesda are about to join EA in their boat and be the new bad guy of the vidya industry.

When TESVI comes out and it has the CC so far up its own ass you can never get rid of it, on top of all the obvious lack of quality that will only become worse with time (FO4 already being a new low for them) it will not sell all that well.

Sure, it will take a few more years for Bethesda to complete their transformation, but I envision them as the new EA and BioWare in one.

Fantasy always outsells scifi in every market.

why focus only one the steam audience?

Not to account for the relatively abysmal sales of FO4. Even normalfags were complaining about the obvious lack of quality and content for the game, and the mod scene is moribund.

Their publisher side is indeed a SJW ridden shithole where they neuter the devs they get a hold of, but Beth Game Studios despite making shitty Action games with RPG elements ala Bioware haven't taken the SJW pill yet, at least not completely.
probably our God still trying to maintain a small grip on the company he loves so much before he resigns and finds a better company to work to

Not in terms of SJW shit, though I'm sure they'll bite that pozzed apple eventually, but in terms of a once "great" studio being reduced to a laughingstock of the industry through their own greed and ineptitude.

Paid mods are no longer mods, but optional content. It's just the Paradox model but even sleazier.

No, the devs, Bethesda Game Studios, haven't gone full SJW
Bethesda Softworks, the publisher, is full on SJW though, its mostly composed of kikes after all.

And just like Paradox games, no matter how much you try to polish a turd, in the end it's still a turd.

That's unfair. They release unfinished, incomplete games and then sell features that should have been part of the base game. Then they go way the fuck past that and start bolting on parts that never should have been in and are far outside the scope of the game. They include one or two quality of life features with every part which makes you accept the rest of the bullshit. But at it's core the game is not bad. Too bad nobody will ever play a truly complete version within the original scooe.

fuck this, only way to fix the industry is to burn it to the ground,to get rid of the normalfags
MFW it will never happen

I bet they actually would, if and only if Kirkbride focuses on setting, art, and history, while Avallone writes the individual character-level stories within Kirkbride's LSD-formed framework.

One neither starts nor stops being a normalfag.

People who buy your games don't have to be your audience, Bethesda. People who buy your games are over.

Oh no, people who had already bought the game now negatively rate it.
Bethfags are even sadder creatures than biowdrones.

The fuck does that even mean? A community that thrives on shitty nude and loli mods?

It's not up to Bethesda as to whether they get to own the concept, and nobody's going to let them own outsourcing

Dont forget the cuck porn and the bestiality my trips amigo

Who says they aren't in talks with Valve now?

In fairness to CA user, Games Workshop's licensing terms are generally known to be ballbreaking and the source of DLC spam in their licensed products.

And I blame the other cancerous DLC practices on Sega.

I'm half way through this page and nothing good is here. No mockery of bethy, no todd memes, no attempt from todd to get everyone to buy skyrim, and definitely no discussion. You're all a bunch of faggots.

Look, everyone hates that guy that was always shouting "I want to cum into blanc" in every nepnep thread, but at least we got a the best wending possible, and confirmation that the thread was in fact, a nepnep thread.

Figures. It's what the Steam Workshop was always designed for.

horse armor was the greatest affront known to man when it came out, but now look where we are

If you like Todd memes and no discussion at all from people who pretend to not like the games and then buy it anyway, cuckchan might be more of your board.

You're gay

Sega was publishing Total War games even before the cancer. What happened? Did they just see everybody else doing it?

You're baiting right

Avallone and obsidian made new vegas tolerable and most bad stuff was due to bethesda and zendimax meddling. If he could figure out how to build on new vegas designs over fallout 4 it could be fun.

They'll just do it again in 5 years and everyone will accept it.

That's normal on creation engine.

you look like spaghetti and meatballs

It just works

Heh, you anons sure of that? Maybe you should check the AI programmer for Bethesda.

That's nuttin boi

Doesn't seem like an SJW.

NANI
I FOUND HIM
THE MAN WITH TWO LEFT HANDS

That's not the guy he is talking about, I vaguely remember what guy the user is talking about and how people here went "lol explains the AI in their games".

You were saying?

Bethesda's got jokes

Why nobody gives the option of bulky bestially looking male rat humanoid?

They may have lost the hearts of the fans but what if they try to win them back with an actual Bethesda "improved" sex mod?

Apparently avellone might be working on a Fallout game again.

I came back to skyrim for survival. My god, the game is stale, ugly, shallow, buggy, boring, small, underwhelming. How the fuck was this a success.

It's fucking insane now that you can actually filter out negative reviews

It came out right when GoT was starting to get big on TV and capitalized on the "overly shallow fantasy with more shades of brown than a Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. traffic camera."

But Skyrim is already a demakr of Morrowind.

you can also filter out positive reviews, what's the problem?

did you miss the big brown sign that said "there are too many negative reviews do you want to filter them"

obviously you can't read because it lets you do both

I don't even use Steam so how the fuck am I supposed to know how that shit works?

by reading the words on your screen

user, you're cute.

they sound like some serial villain shouting at the hero about their inevitable return. Valve has truly fallen.

Modding community health is dependent on accessibility of tools available to mod and the timing of said tools being public. Crysis has it's own kit released but it's so hard to work with no serious modding has gone off the ground, Bethesda's modding thrived on the tools being relatively simple to work with. Although a modding community can die on it's own if the game can't hold up to the tides of time like Dungeon Siege which was so easy to mod it exploded in a modding community then died off in the span of roughly a decade.

Here's hoping the Turkroaches don't fuck up with the tools for Bannerlord. Now that I think about it the modding tools for Warband throw a monkeywrench in your theory considering they weren't the easiest to use, yet the modding community is alive and well to this day.

Then again, I imagine it has much to do with the fact Mountain Blade is a very unique game.

why does vita-tan have cleavage if she's flat

Every game on the market could have foolproof modding tools and the term "modding" would still be associated almost solely with Bethesdashit. There's something fuckey going on with this.

You're right about the mod communities but completely wrong about sage-ing

TNG > Original DS9 >Voyager > enterprise

Pig feces > anything Star Trek.

Where does TOS fit in your estimation

How dare you wish for a company to go bankrupt and for all those talented developers to lose their source of income and go homeless