Fighting Game General: CAN'T ESCAPE FROM CROSSING FATE

Ruby Rose trailer leaked: a.pomf.cat/xcfbyu.mp4
The game will be playable at NYCC(10/05~10/08), RTX London(10/14~10/15), South East Asia Majors(10/14~10/15) and Arc Revolution Cup(10/21)

Raiden is released: youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo8eKVqttY
Atom is announced for the game: youtube.com/watch?v=qCGrT-SkClM

New gameplay trailer and features teased at GameInformer: youtube.com/watch?v=2yaesPMD9dU
New mechanic involving the Dragon Balls during the match teased. DBFZ features the same battle planner as P4U: twitter.com/notBaf0/status/915331733712666625

The steam release is out: store.steampowered.com/app/577940/Killer_Instinct/

The game is now out, The first DLC character, Monster Hunter trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=90Fkgjv1pJc
Developers acknowledge Spider-man's infinite with the Reality Stone: twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/915370743881359360

After the crowdfunding campaign, there are still chances for Dark Heart and her arcana through revised stretch goals for BackerKit: arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
Steam page is up: store.steampowered.com/app/661990/Arcana_Heart_3_LOVEMAX_SIXSTARS/

New version (Arcade Edition) spotted on UK retailer: scontent-gru2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21686782_473527489696819_7679464339442017905_o.jpg?oh=91a57b0e28b8bb1586c93a91f3c23ccc&oe=5A46C7E6
New costumes, RetroMusic pack and SFII Cammy stage: capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/09/25/new-street-fighter-v-costumes-stage-and-music-packs-available-september-26

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.

DLC will end in 2017. Opoona themed costume for Marie Rose will be released for Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold users celebrating 10million downloads of Core Fighters version.

Allen Snider and Doctrine Dark confirmed as a new playable characters: youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg youtube.com/watch?v=9At1i-tzCkE

TGS trailer and extended gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=zAlJ9qhr2wA youtube.com/watch?v=_laDWgM668Y youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM

Version 3.0 released with full remap controls and the next free DLC character, Lola Pop: youtube.com/watch?v=pmxLXpFmByI

Jubei is out on consoles and PC along with CF2.0 balance update. Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

Tekken Bowl and costumes are out: youtube.com/watch?v=4m97Hm6Dmbc
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU

Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd. Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pkMNgoUnLSM

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
youtube.com/watch?v=A0_XX-ms9sY
youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4
youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/RQxnK
a.pomf.cat/xcfbyu.mp4
youtu.be/-sGiE10zNQM?t=210
youtube.com/watch?v=OPjcCkMYYzY
youtube.com/watch?v=n6nL6i5jOaY
youtube.com/watch?v=ljpDvGhT-_M
youtu.be/Ke9wtbzGjCI?t=6
youtu.be/V76ErlAkZOI?t=2m54s
youtube.com/watch?v=02VkhDU1lMQ
twitch.tv/videos/179597089
techraptor.net/content/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-budget-issues
archive.fo/wFg7z
amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Arcade-PlayStation-Standard-4/dp/B0765LLC19/
archive.is/q2VGI
wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV/Guile
wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV/Evil_Ryu
shoryuken.com/2017/06/22/the-wii-u-pokken-controller-and-brook-universal-fighting-board-are-now-compatible-with-the-nintendo-switch/
pokkenarena.com/forums/topic/277-pokkén-height-invincibility-interactions/
youtube.com/channel/UC-rkZLRGuwddPTOz3pDPLMA
youtube.com/user/McDareth
youtube.com/channel/UCZwLQ1MO2tH2fwGJOYANgxg
youtube.com/channel/UCptf1J-cpNw-r6tbBDZqCrw
youtube.com/channel/UC-rICKH5kIZqXXUR6OVmCew
youtube.com/channel/UCniqc9Kndtjv0iMnkIkrlzA
youtube.com/user/MalicexBadIntent/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCzhqPD8IXd2Ym9u8QOb1Hiw
youtube.com/channel/UC2mMiG7LtIRdu8QMekDC_Cw/videos
youtube.com/user/Pentao/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCBLZvaVQJb8tnMh4hEoVkiQ/videos
youtube.com/user/ouroborosan/videos
youtube.com/user/Madolcheprince/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=GPai7PAfoBI
youtube.com/watch?v=G-7OOSkTuoA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8UDKTP6uk
twitter.com/fubarduck/status/915958758517248000
twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7v1f
twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7v3a
twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7vep
archive.fo/4N4Jz#selection-731.1-735.29
youtube.com/watch?v=KPHqWxxc2F4&list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkD-xkyyb8_xGET_JRkgVGDU
youtube.com/watch?v=zB7Op1CC7NM&list=PL1moMaAEL0HfIsHsRYWMy7NAqnilhh13_
pastebin.com/mqtpKUzQ
shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticHungryGoatPMSTwin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
TRAF: Suits of Fate: New build will be available at BGS in 10/12~14
Fight of Gods version 1.0.3 released: steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
Punch Planet combos: youtube.com/watch?v=A0_XX-ms9sY
Cerebrawl v0.6.8 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Jaguar in the 1.4 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA. Newest backer build: youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4 Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/RQxnK

And post mains!

Suddenly, NRS releases an Atom trailer before Hellboy for some reason.

Yup there's no escape

>Ruby Rose trailer leaked: a.pomf.cat/xcfbyu.mp4

I know I don't have much fighting game experience, but that gameplay just looks so…off for some reason.

Ruby looks sterile and basic, which is fitting for the current state of her series.

Stop adding SFV to the OP, that game is putrid dogshit.

Probably the Blazblue sprites combined with the not-Blazblue gameplay done by people who clearly don't have the best idea what they're doing. I'm sure the later trailers will look better, cancer aside.
And now I'm thinking about Monty Oum's death again. God fucking dammit, ArcSys.

But damn if it isn't fun to laugh at.

She's like the retarded kid that the teacher has to force into a group for a school trip.

Also;
inb4 she causes Gordeau to not be a part of the Under Night In-Birth reps so he doesn't steal her spotlight.

I normally don't care about voices but holy shit give me the option to give her a jp voice. It'll probably be just as bad but it'd be harder for me to tell.

Where do netherrealm games stand in terms of extras? I recall one game had a ton of extras like videos and even a kart game.

So, what, the game is being done by Arc's B-team, because Arc is listed as the developer? Or, are they just putting as much minimal effort as they can thinking that fan service will move enough sales (Since this game is aimed towards the Western fans, who are less autistic than the Japanese fans…sadly)?

"People" as in players. They dropped many combos and didn't seem comfortable with special moves. Given that BBCTG is an obvious competitor to Marvel and GG has been quiet since Rev 2, I have no reason to think anything but ArcSys's A-team would be handling it.

Ruby's VA is as annoying as ever. Her moves look as bland as the latest Volume of the show.

Jesus, I didn't think you could have a more annoying voice for a fighting game character since Xrd Jam but I guess I was wrong. Post characters with annoying voices.

Mori.. please.

think about it

Don't accept set play from strangers kids.

The only bizarre thing I see here is the assists staying on the screen and causing the screen to zoom out instead of the screen staying on the fighters.

But holy shit her voice is annoying.

I think her voice as Asuka in Senran Kagura is great but not so much as Jam.

They managed to make something more annoying then Jam going on offense or Elphelt being attacked just by putting RWBY in one of their game, wow just wow.

Is it an English voice actor? I don't think I want to hear that. I even avoided her part in the first trailer in the hopes that info would come out for a Japanese VA that I could switch to.

When the fuck is the J.L.I. gonna get some representation in fighting games?

She seems kinda lame and uncreative, like everyone else is saying. Is RWBY like this and Ruby could have been cooler or was it an always shit show and there was no preventing those characters from being a trainwreck in it? It's such a weird feeling of Monty could have prevented and no he couldn't have.

Who in GG has some good blockstring pressure? I get pretty wet watching UNIEL reverse beat pressure, I wish I could do something like that in GG.

It's her VA from the show. From what I hear, all the VAs from that show were people from the staff, so a bunch of untalented fucks that are even worse than the average american VA. The only way I'm playing this game is if i can mute certain characters

Imagine the nightmare of trying to combo Mister Miracle.

What did people disliked about SFIV?
Floaty jumps?
Ultra?
Focus Attack causing crumple?
FADC?
Huge reversal windows?
Invincible backdash?
Option Selects?
Set-up after hard knockdown?

From my understanding everything about RWBY that isn't horribly generic and uninspired is orders of magnitude more in shear stupidity.

So I guess it's one of those 'Turn your brain off' shows?

Yes because people already suck at AA's and this makes it harder for them while their jump ins get AA'd more.
Yes getting a super off of you getting hit is not looked fondly on, people really hated Elena doing it in 1 match at in all years it's been out to immediately be counter picked out.
I never got this, just like grab it or BD it or better yet EX focus their focus, it's so rare to be thrown out after ground floor level outside of dash cancels so I just never got it.
I think it's a they can't do it so they don't like it thing.
New players can't safe jump or DP bait so it's clear where the distaste is here.
New players can't into oki.
With a large 30+ cast learning all the option selects can leave a distaste I kind of get.
This is sort of alien to SF so I kind of get it, which is why they call it a vortex, if it was more universally available I doubt it'd have the same distaste.

Nope, everything in this show has been done by other shows Mostly by soul eater and done better like in soul eater
All turning your brain off helps with is pretending the shows animation quality isn't getting worse and worse the more time passes since Rooster Teeth brushes over the shows creators death.

jab jab jab fierce DP ultra

Unblockables, Elena

Never bothered me.
I didn't mind the come back mechanic. Ultra was better than what we got in some other games.
Non-issue for me.
Only people that haven't learned it complain about it.
Again, didn't care
I main Rose
Pain in the ass to learn them all but it isn't bad once you do.
Votex is part of the game.

The main thing I disliked about SF4 was it felt like it had more good years left in it but all the tournyfags moved on to SFV for the money. Still prefer 3rd Strike over both of them.

I bought KI on steam, what/where are the best resources to get into the game somewhat seriously/competitively?

If it matters, I want to main The Arbiter.

Would it be possible to add pokkenarena.com to this template as a informational resource for competitive pokken? Because it's basically where every resource from that community gets posted for posterity.

I bought KI on steam, what/where are the best resources to get into the game somewhat seriously/competitively?

If it matters, I want to main The Arbiter.

Would it be possible to add pokkenarena.com to this template as a informational resource for competitive pokken? Because it's basically where every resource from that community gets posted for posterity.

somebody's got a boner for the arbiter

Why is she so boring to watch? Is this how she is in the shows?

There are so many things interesting things a scythe-gun can do but she just has no personality in her attacks at all. I'm going to choose to believe that's just the players not using her right for now, it's really unlike ArcSys to come up with something so goddamn banal.

Yes
This was mostly a problem at beginner levels where people would complain that their hard work whittling down the opponent was neutralized by one lucky wakeup ultra. Whey you look at the frame data, you'll realize wakeup ultra is actually a very weak option for every character in the cast. Just git gud and this isn't a problem.
I like the focus attack in general, the main problem with it for me is the fact that some characters like Fei Long and Sakura have insanely good ones while most of the cast have mediocre or bad ones.
Spend meter to extend combos provided you can execute it, same as any other modern fighter.
meh, I don't think it's that big a deal. Actually it was older players complaining about this compared to the 3F reversal window that is in ST. A wake up reversal is already a big enough gamble without having to worry about hitting a small input window imo.
I don't think anyone seriously complained about backdashes other than Rose's, and I personally don't even have a problem with that one. She's designed to be a really safe character in neutral who suffers from a weak reversal game to compensate. Nobody complained about Cody mains backdashing let me tell you.
I group these together because I feel they have a similar root cause. Capcom had a skeleton crew updating the game later in its life cycle and this skeleton crew was either unwilling or unable to revert things hard-coded into the game (like button priority shenanigans leading to way too many option selects or the infamous 1-frame near unblockables stemming from strange hurt box behavior caused by blocking cross up on wakeup). While having many option selects was kind of a problem the main thing I didn't like was the most basic one: crouch teching. Mainly because this is doable if you substitute the first jab for a short. If you couldn't get such a huge damage reward for crouch teching I wouldn't have that big of a problem with it either. Other things wrong with SF4 are the input leniency giving you a dragon punch when you want to do walk forward->crouch MK->Fireball and small hurtbox characters falling out of ultra combos.

Chun Li wasn't pretty enough. Haha

It's bad but it's convenient. I'd rather have all sf4 characters in sf3 (or an option to disabe ultras)

I use ki.infil.net as a main resource atm, with the official forum of the game they're pretty good

I feel like BBXTB is going to be shitty but hopefully it can be redeemed by Vatista and Rachel being in the game so I can play them as a team.

utter casul who hasn't played a fighting in like 17 years ere
what makes a game like MK or BB or GG or Injustice better or worse than a game like SF?

Mortal combat is a 2d fighter with a block button.

Those franchises change a lot each iteration(I don't even know if this is the correct word here), you should specify which games you want to compare

That's kinda far from what he's asking.

They're just different games, though arguably SFV is the worse than those right now because of, well, everything. It lacks anything substantial and fights are boring as piss. Recently I tried to play it again after the Menat update and I felt like puking, probably from the horrible input delay the game has and the terrible artstyle.

I thought Lion Rafale couldn't be topped when it comes to shitty annoying voice acting, looks like I was mistaken.

uh
I guess whatever has a kicking playerbase on pc?

I'm not asking what makes them different, I'm asking what makes what arguably better than the other. I want to know what makes a fighting game good because I used to play(I use that word very loosely because I wasn't even aware of how to do assists, specials, combos more than two hits or whatever, only hyper combos) MvC1 and pretty much my metric for "good" used to be WOW CHECK OUT THESE REALLY LONG FLASHY COMBOS which no longer is the case for me.

Juri sprites please.

Nigger I'm talking about causing a terror attack by making the populous mildly upset during a tournament resulting in not!demons to flood the city that shit is REALLY stupid

Out of those games you listed, only SF and MK has a kicking playerbase AFAIK(Inj2 isn't even on PC yet). I'm sure you can find lobbies and games otherwise in BB and GG, but I doubt its ranked is alive

What a character who's clearly the villain during a major event in the school reveals their plan and commits a major attack on the school for people to learn to fight the monsters of that world with a collection of monsters and Misfits they collected.
Oh man that's sure original and not been done.

Okay fair enough I guess that plot point isn't very original, but I'm not reneging on how monumentally stupid it is to trigger a terrorist attack by making people a bit upset. Like wouldn't this shit happen during every tournament? Or how about during the whole not!racism bit wouldn't that Tewi knockoff race being upset cause not!demons to show up instantly?

I want you to ask how that ISN'T stupid. Soul Eater really isn't that good imo

I'm tempted to learn her just so I can annoy people with her voice, just like when I play may

May is cute though, Ruby is just obnoxious ear cancer.

It's stupid but it came from miles away so it's not like it ever came out of left field. What's really stupid is it took 3 seasons to actually change the status quo.
Yup, but everything RWBY has done it has done first and better.

ENG voice sucketh!

Oh, can we also talk about the mechanics and the pacing they seem to be going for with BBCTB?
>Resonance Blaze is X-Factor effects seem to be based on the levels. When Jin used it, his super meter was regenerating pretty quickly, and even went higher than the usual 3 stock limit you have when not in Resonance.
>DAMAGE IS FUCKING HUGE

I hope this game turns out swell, seems like it's gonna be fucking wild.
BB porn for attention.

Oh my god is that porn

Remember when every self respecting fighting game out there was getting the SD treatment?

Alright. How is MK9(X seems to be too much for my toaster)? Looked it up and it seems to have a lot of plot.

are you Louffy from FRANCE? Haha

When's SFV chibi?

By MK and SF I meant MKX and SFV, MK9's online is most likely dead and that game had really fucking bad netcode IIRC

Man that would be cool, it would actually make sense for it to be casualized (even though Pocket Fighter is more complex than SFV)

How can you even ask that? Skill gap reduced, not enough characters, existing characters are ugly as fuck.

Daily reminder that Yuzuriha is best girl.

Sin, Ky, Raven, Leo, Kum, Elphelt, Jam, Johnny, Sin, and probably one or two others I can't remember.

I mean, I can't disagree with you, but you're a faggot anyway.

I loved the game, but as always arksys doesn't understand how old iterations of fighting games hurt the community.
They keep releasing shit late in the PC and they will never make a good community there.

A shitty chibi game for the dumpster fire that is SFV. Puzzle Fighter on mobile.

I'm glad games like BBCTB are coming out with shitloads of reasons for me to not buy them.

Mupen64plus is shit

That second pic just seals american comics as poz incarnate.

While it sounds silly, fighting game VAs often have lines said quickly to stop the sound clip lasting longer than the attack, and stop the line being annoying (Soul Calibur is infamous for it). However, it is very much needed here. More foley, less line reading. And the few lines she does read need to be shorter. It is in character for her to say "Zweiiiii!" like that (it's her dog in the show, and she has a "sweet & innocent" personality, or at least the writers try to go for that), but a short sharp "Zwei!" would work better. I couldn't even see Zwei in the chaos- it's a small grey corgi- is it just a place holder line?. There's even the odd line that sounds OOC ("Woah there!"). When she says "Where are you looking?" as she back-dashes, she sounds concerned rather than taunting. She needs to sound a little cockier to have it match what's going on (and again- faster), but Ruby wouldn't even do that. Taunting during a fight is more like other characters from the show (Weiss or Yang). The VA didn't used to have her voice be that high pitched, but it's gone up over the seasons to the standard animu waifu thing the VAs actually got better over time IMO. In that their acting was more convincing- though with the script & animation its hard to tell.

The song doesn't work in this game. It was designed for the fight scene in the show, and the rhythm it had (obviously, the game's fighting it it's own rhythm). They might have wanted an instrumental version (with the lead singers voices replaced by an instrument of similar pitch/key), or a full remix/cover in the style of other Arc games (especially to cut out the drop of silence).

In the show (If you do watch it- watch the trailers as an episode 0, and season 1 and 2. Maybe 3 if you really dig it. Things do improve mainly in the VA and lighting departments, You still get non-fight scene animations that look off and textures rarely improve, but 4 was dire, and 5 looks to further ruin what good will they had) Ruby uses the kickback from firing the rifle to help move her around quickly, and move the scythe quicker as well. In theory, she could have had a system where she has X number of bullets, and when doing certain inputs you can hold the button down so attacks come out faster or she moves further at the cost of one bullet. You'd then need to reload once all the shots are used up. She should have been a mix-up character that can change speed of her attacks.
I found some of her fight scenes and tried to find alternate uploads where possible so you don't have to support their channel if you don't want to. All except the first one are uploads by other people of just the fight scene (first one is a whole episode from the official channel- this isn't the one in the embed):
youtu.be/-sGiE10zNQM?t=210
youtube.com/watch?v=OPjcCkMYYzY
youtube.com/watch?v=n6nL6i5jOaY
youtube.com/watch?v=ljpDvGhT-_M

What the fuck is this?
Is this actually what RWBY is or is this a fan animation or what?

Nope, that's all RWBY. Though, Monty also did the animation for RvB season 8-10 prior to, which is also what made people so hyped for the show.

Ok, the hammer thing was neat.

We've hit the peak of fighting games guys, we can all go home now.

Not to mention his work on Dead Fantasy and other personal projects prior.
RWBY was Monty's own story, and while everyone (who isn't a blinded fan of the show and Rooster Teeth) likes to blame the writers for how the show tuned out, it's not illogical that many elements were what Monty wanted. He was an animator first he studied animation to an autistic degree. Music in fights will often synch up with the beat to the music, hits hold a frame for more impact a'la martial art films, he'd study various forms of martial arts and made sure characters kept using "their" style, and he even got rid of a new DVD player because he could watch animation frame-by-frame on movies he studied, and a writer somewhere much more distant.
On top of Monty's concept possibly being iffy- the execution definitely was. Rooster Teeth gave it their all… In promoting it. Otherwise they treated it like amateur hour to keep giving the illusion the million dollar company was just a few friends screwing around on the internet. Shit they did to cut corners hurt the show (putting important lore & world building in separate exposition videos, in a setting with a fucking school), lack of writing experience (we're told a group of people have prejudice against them- but never know why or even SEE any of that prejudice, not to mention plotholes galore), and lack of animation experience for everyone except Monty; and it's no lie everyone was very critical of the first episode (no lie, there's footage of them talking about the viewers reaction to the first episode and you can see the crew are holding back the massive backhand they took). However, the crew (bar writers) did make honest efforts to improve, people got more interested in the story, and it was slowly improving.
Then Monty died, they switched the animation program to Maya; so their animators could use something that was "industry standard" (Monty preferred using another program related to MMD), and the ball has been dropped so fucking hard it's a miracle that more than the hardcore fans are left. Even the fight scenes suck now (the shows saving grace from hiding the fact the emperor had no clothes), amateur animators are tearing the latest season's poor animations apart, and one of the fired staff wrote an expose which (if true) basically means Monty was trying to wrestle control away from RT since they were straying further and further from his vision, and he was getting less and less of a say in his own work (RT not just trying to avoid Monty becoming a one man show, but if Monty suggested who he did and didn't want to work with, they'd hire the opposite).
People liked the show for the waifus, the fight scenes, and possibly the deep psychological tick that if they give an autist a chance to realize his dream, karma will come around for theirs.

Black Panther stole Wolverine's functions

They also stole the Characters posing in a black background function from Injustice.

What the fuck is this music and Sigma's voice?
I can't wait to see how they ruin Venom.

Nora is best girl
If nothing else, the weapons are cool. Gauntlet shotguns, spear rifles,walking stick flare-gun, a rapier with revolver cylinder filed with magic "Dust", a coffee flask that turns into a flamethrower, a designer bag that turns into a gatling gun, a bo-staff & flintlock pistol & nunchuck combination, and a katana that has a revolver of blades in a giant sheath so it can change the properties of the blade.
But then you get Blake's… Thing. (A katana with a pistol in the hilt attached to a ribbon, yet the blade's sheath is heavy and sharp enough to work as a cleaver) and an old style blunderbuss with an axe-blade on the hilt. Right where it should rest against your shoulder. "Rule of Cool" was Monty's motto when he wasn't looking at details (or rather, making rule of cool work when looking at the details). If you asked a kid to draw a "cool weapon" after playing Metal Gear Rising, this is the sort of stuff you'd get.

At least show them the best one
youtu.be/Ke9wtbzGjCI?t=6
Having to link to the official channel again since other uploads have terrible FPS.

I shit you not, Frank's Roundhouse kick can OTG.

Do they even need to follow his old moveset in the first or second? game with how few fans are playing it?
Adding new hypers could have been interesting, but other than being Nemesis reskins, I dunno what he'd do.

It's not as bad as it could be, but doesn't approach his MHX voice, which was only decent in the first place.

youtu.be/V76ErlAkZOI?t=2m54s

Why can't they have good animation? Would it kill them to apply some decent shaders on top of this and output a render that doesn't look like a PS2 game?

They rival Smash Brothers with how much extra shit there is to do.

I may be a RWBYfag but I can have to agree with the statement about the voicelines. Having the amateur VAs getting better is a improvement yes, but I know at some point it'll get annoying. I wonder if any user was annoyed from Pyrrha's voice?
I already know this was a concern knowing how Monty's vision play out, after the success. Hopefully the director of Blazblue put much effort to stay true to his visions.
Oh, as for the fight scenes, I might be worried how V5 will be like after the lackluster action from V4.

Not bad, but it's mostly Wolverine functions
Holy shit that voice.

So Black Panther, Sigma and Monster hunter come out October 17th with 3 premium costumes. Get ready for this they cost $7.99 per costume

This is not like one of my Japanese doujinshi

Honestly how did they fuck that up so badly?

Also

Damn Capcom's jew game is on point

going to say this again, female monster hunter was a mistake, it's going to be used for selling non stop costumes 99% of which will be r34 bait, something that's pretty funny is that the male monster hunter sets are more iconic, capcom are only in it for the money, which has been obvious since SFxT

But that doesn't make sense, like no one but hard core weebs are going to know about the endless MonHun doujins out there.

And those don't people aren't buying this game, so what the hell is the point of trying to go for the r34 art style especially if you're running this cinematic realistic look which makes your character not look that sexy.

These hebrews are crafty…

They were so close with that Kirin set but had to play it sa-
People will bitch about Arcsys character prices but they'll eat this shit up.
Disgusting.

Black Panther reminds me more of X23. But man Sigma's moveset is pretty lacking from what they've shown so far. The only move that seems like something he would do is his ground laser which was a move from his X4 version. I've never seen him shoot a big fireball like that and when he did shoot fireballs they were much smaller like his X3 version. His ultra is pretty damn lame too.

A better thing to do would make his assist a setup move when he deploys electrical balls like in X2. Have him have a super where he sends his jaguar from X1 to take you down or teleports above you and slams down with metal claws. His level 3 is simple. Just use the giant mouth beam from X6.

RWBY is shit
Also, that track is too fucking underage teen cringe

waste of potential. fucking outsourced garbage.
At least Dindu Panther looks ok.

People don't know how to use her, choreographically. This is the kind of stuff she was supposed to do. She should be a midrange high-mobility glass-cannon grappler focused on using the scythe as a hook as much as a cutting implement.

When Monty died, her animation did too. She swings it like a sword in the show now. Nobody knows how to animate a polearm.

Did Montys death ever get explained past the allergic reaction? What medical procedure was he having? What drug caused the reaction? I can't find anything on it. Real shame he died, his animation work was top notch and the way he choreographed fights was amazing.

There should be a thread on /cow/ that documents Monty's death and RoosterTeeth's asset theft.
His trollop wife adopted a street cat, and he was allergic to cats (and penicillin). He was taking meds to help with the cat allergy, and forgot them one day which caused him to have a reaction. He was rushed to the hospital.
Penicillin, from what I remember. I'm not sure exactly why the doctors wanted to give him it, or why his wife didn't say anything about his allergies.

That is fucking disgusting. So he died because his wife wanted a pet and he didn't put his foot down about it? What a stupid reason to die. Also fuck doctors for giving patients shit they don't need. Thousands of people die every year due to doctors not giving a fuck about how they apply drugs.

If I remember right there was a whole thread on /rwby/ about that.

this man was a victim to his dumb selfish wife, and he is slightly negligent for not standing his ground

Holy fuck this made me upset to know a talented man died because of some spoiled bitch

You mean (like) this: >>>/rwby/2189

youtube.com/watch?v=02VkhDU1lMQ
impressed tbh. rare to find a remix that doesn't bastardize the original theme and even encapsulates every appealing element of the original track. MvC1 Morrigan theme > all

sounds more to me like his widow is a complete and utter selfish cunt tbhfam

Which console should I get for fighting games? PS4 or Switch?

I grew up a GameCube kid so I really like the idea of owning a legitimate Nintendo console again. Is the selection good enough to keep up with newer fighting game releases though?

God damn Tekken online is pissing me off more than ever. I wanted to try something different after being stuck in 7-9th rank with Kazuya and Heihachi for dozens of hours so I started playing Lee a few days ago and now I'm doing even worse. I thought I'd have an advantage using such a rare character but today I fought a bunch of blue ranks who ducked my highs, avoided my frame traps and even fucking fuzzy guarded. How the FUCK are these players not on way higher ranks already? I'm also really fucking tired of seeing the same characters over and over again, it's not fun always fighting Dragunov, Jin, Paul etc. no matter if I win or lose, especially since most of the players have the exact same flowchart playstyle and never even bother to adapt.

that bitch is the typical spoiled american female who believes the world revolves around her, because the culture has climatized her that way. 0 adversity. 0 emotional resilience, 0 growth through tackling obstacles. She's just a spoiled child who gets things because she's a woman and if she doesn't get it she cries and whines
those are the type of women you avoid AT ALL COSTS

a PS3 and/or Steam. Sony and Nintendo both charge for spotty online service (Nintendo starts in 2018), not a worthwhile investment. meanwhile PSN is still up and still free. and Steam has every current/relevant fighting game right now. just beware of steamfrauds who can clutch raging demon on reaction to walk-up throw in neutral without whiffing a normal even though this is physically impossible

You've got Pokkén, Smash and Ultra SF II on the Switch and a severely limited range of controllers and arcade sticks to pick from.
The PS4 boasts more fighting games and it's the tournament standard for almost every tournament and the controller and arcade stick selection is much larger, with some games having support for legacy controllers (PS3, some converters, etc.).

Go for PC for FightCade, a growing audience of players plus a growing library of games and for even more controller support. If you really must pick between the two consoles, go for the PS4.

RWBY god damn it

D R O P P E D

I'm not playing on my PC if I can help it. That just doesn't appeal to me like a console. Thinking about getting a Switch for Blade Strangers and Pokken among other games.

His roundhouse could do that in UMvC3 too. Granted, only the low version could do it but I guess they wanted it to look retarded like everything else for consistency.

samefagging to add, the Switch does have a lot of retro NeoGeo stuff though…on the eshop. so, no online, or even training mode in the case of Garou. the answer to your last question is "no," basically. fightcade/Steam covers literally all your bases for playing any fighting game released to this day with other people over the internet, with the exception of Naomi board games. reason for this being it'd be too much work on GGPO's end (pender confirmed it was possible, he got MvC2 running on it, but it took too much work and would have to be game-by-game iirc). besides, demul and nullDC have netplay anyway.

then go get a PS4 even though every fighting game released recently is optimized to run on 10 year old laptops. you're the one throwing $300 in a blender, not me, what do I care

fuck. also meant to quote

Out of those two? PS4. Switch has nothing but Neo Geo ports without online (which are also on the PS4 and the PS4 has special ports that actually do have online), Blade Strangers (which is also on the PS4,PC, Xbone) and Pokken DX.
Also the Joycons are shit for fighting games so you'll either have to shell out for an overly expensive pro controller or buy the only fightstick on the market for it.

PS4 has all the switch has and more in terms of fighting games.

Come on user. If you're going to shill her as the best in every thread, at least showcase [i]the girl[/i]

Tekken is fucking garbage maybe try SFV instead, play an actual fighting game.

why not cut out the middleman and just tell him to play Smash lol

like the only people who think SFV is good are shitters who think reducing execution barriers and making manual dexterity less of a determining factor for skill was a smart move. stop posing and just go back to Smash, it's literally made for you

SFV takes more skill to play than Tekken and MVCI lmao get the fuck out retard.

Tekken is and has always been hard as fuck to learn at high level. you're a shitter. go back to smashboards

Tekken is one of the easiest, dumbest games I ever played. Just do stupid random shit an win matches. It's the only game, and fighting game that I've ever refunded. Shallow shit show, literal garbage. Hardly a fighting game should have stayed in japan on arcades charging people 25cents to play where it belongs.

How much is Bamco paying you lmao!!! SFV for life niggerrr

go back to your boipussy sniffposting harem for niggers. no one's impressed that you play a shit game that takes no skill.

but I gave Capcom $25 for nothing by buying Ultra on PS4 :^)

ps4 has basically become the defacto current gen console for fightan unless you're really into smash and pokken. most of the stuff on ps4 is gonna be on pc though.

i heard that they're ending free psn later this year

how aggressively are you going in? in low ranks you can basically rely on the other player to hang themselves and just whiff punish their flowchart. lee in particular can just poke & harass until you get a counter hit or an opening. he also has pretty a pretty strong set of punishes so you don't need to put yourself out there too much.
most of your strong pokes are mids, so this shouldn't be an issue.
there was a really good lee on greentekken last night
>twitch.tv/videos/179597089
starting at 3:50:00

well meme'd

SAD BAMCODRONE

She was Canadian and was riding his dick for a green card.

At the very least, you could have said Bamcoon.

your posts are the equivalent of spamming jump-back roundhouse in the corner. you're pathetic, go home

sad if true but it makes perfect sense. fuck PS Plus. I'll get an Xbox if I'm desperate for console fighters online (happily sold my PS4). Live was always good enough to be worth the investment at least

That furry Smash clone got a Hyper Light Drifter crossover new, original character.

Also, if ARMS gets to be in the OP, then Earth Romancer should be in the OP too.

pottery

at least maybe they've realized a certain group doesn't buy their products.

That's what I'm trying to do but I can't really get it to work all the time, especially against players who are overly aggressive I tend to choke and either just stand there or press a button at exactly the wrong time. Guess I could try to backdash more often or try to escape with d3 or a power crush.
Honestly, I believe that my biggest problem is that even after playing fighting games for almost 2 years I still become nervous when playing against real people. It's even worse now that I'm back to mid blue ranks because I put myself under much more pressure since I feel like I should be able to beat those players. I like to believe that I'll be able to change my attitude and be more relaxed if I just keep playing but I don't notice any improvements in that regard at all, as you can see from my first post I'm getting incredibly frustrated every time I play.

yeah I know, I'm just surprised that some players who manage to duck things like f1,2 or uf3,4 after seeing them only one or two times are stuck in blue ranks. With such quick reactions it should be easy to climb way higher.

esports was a mistake

techraptor.net/content/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-budget-issues
archive.fo/wFg7z

Only some characters had long floaty jumps, and that's very minor.

Terrible mechanic that gave rise to the following problems:

I legitimately hate RWBY and wish Monty died sooner so we wouldn't have to suffer its existence. If I could push a button to make everyone involved in its creation suddenly die I would be mashing it right this fucking second.

And this is why I knew not to be excited. He's every bit as phoned-in as the rest of the game.

post mains. I'll start

our lady of the cr. forward

HADO-HADO-HADO-HADO-HADOHUT!KHADO-HADO etc. also Cody, CH anti-air s. fierce into rock is amazing. AI treats it like a corner infinite but I could swear you can airblock after techs. not sure though, haven't hit training mode

*teleports behind u and pets a cat*

Chun/Guy/Guile/Makoto/Cody

lmao

Kim/EX Iori/inferior Kyo in XIII, Ryo/Saisyu/regular Kyo in '98

Terry

literally Butt

Law but I'm ass, I just fish for flash kick the entire time

Baiken in #Reload (years ago), Sol in Xrd

N-groove Ratio 4 Iori not really but he's my only hard-lock, I float around for everyone else. Guile and Akuma would probably work, Guile esp since RCing charge moves is mad easy by comparison to other characters

pic unrelated

ow

So they were hoping they had enough drones to defend them after the kicking they gave them with SFxT and SFV? And people still bought the game for some reason.

By stupid sexy does he mean "stupidly sexy" or that they are stupid because they are attractive?

never mention SFxT in the same breath as SFV ever fucking again

Guile/Asuka btw

Someone pointed out his X5 appearance costs like 8 bucks.

All of these raise massive red flags for me.

I don't see why not. It was terrible when it came out but was fixed long after everyone left it. Capcom's greed and bugs ruined to game for many. I would imagine most people won't go back to SFV or play MvCI until they're fixed.

Did you not see the Zelda-esque chick at the end of the trailer?

I remember when Crapcom said that Megaman and Pac-Man would be PS3 exclusive and the director I believe even came forward to say so and that the characters files weren't even available in the disc of the other versions beyond some dummy files, YET they added them in with a patch to the 360 version afterwards (dunno about PC)

I remember when Crapcom said that Megaman and Pac-Man would be PS3 exclusive and the director I believe even came forward to say so and that the characters files weren't even available in the disc of the other versions beyond some dummy files, YET they added them in with a patch to the 360 version afterwards (dunno about PC)

Because it's sooooo fun despite literally everything else.

That video is a fucking ride and a half, holy shit. More people should watch it.

The devs were told "just change the shaders" on the models they imported from MvC3 to MvCi. That's the funniest part of this whole thing to me: a businessman who's never played games in his life telling a career modeler and programmer "eh, just play with the shaders, i'm sure it'll be fine." It almost reminds me of Fyre Festival and the shithead marketers they had there.

I admit I haven't looked at their paratext since I'm mostly interested in the concept of aerial chain combos, high-low mixups, stance switches, and guard breaks in a Smash clone.

What would a new Samsho game have to do in order to be good? which characters and mechanics should it have? Should I have a groove system, like the Slash/Bust system in 3 and 4? Should it be like 5/5 special with the D button functioning as a hop, duck, etc?

Doesn't surprise me really, some parts of the game look they have a lot of love put in it while the game as a whole looks even more unfinished than SFV did at launch. I think, both SFV and MvCI, could have been fantastic games at launch if just Capcom would've given the Devs more money and time. It's really a shame.

They could have at least used the classic spencer model

Why is nuSpencer even in this game, were they just that strapped for cash? His game was an embarrassing flop to the point the director actually apologized to fans and admitted he had no idea what the hell they'd actually released was, and it was well known to be Capcoms fault for constantly meddling with it. Why not include Lost Planet 3 and fuck it, they made "minute to win it" for IOS, so just toss in Guy Fieri while you're at it.

Lost Planet's Wayne could have been a decent character. I remember that game having grappling mechanics and interesting shooting.

Capcom won't acknowledge Lost Planet again because then people will start asking them why they haven't fixed LP2's multiplayer yet

Yes, see the video in >>1352225
It would've cost money to make an original Spencer model on the level of Ultron, so they couldn't.

so why do people single out dudes like Ono or Combofiend for why Capcom's modus operandi for fighting games clearly doesn't involve them being any good because sponsored tourneys and streams, when this problem is traced back to literally just this one guy

Too bad the 3D Menat schoolgirl model looks like shit that has clipping prolems because the trasition to 3D failed miserably.

Combofiend works for Capcom, and was the only guy who knew how to use him. They added him for Combofiend.

Ono is incharge of SF as a producer or something, and Combofiend has given us many wonderful gems like, "they're just functions," "Why do people like Skullomania?," and "Who cares about the X-Men? No one remembers them" of all things.For a guy who is supposed to be a pro-player and a famous UMvC3 player, it's sad to see Combofiend become such a douche bag.

Other people are ruining the fighting game scene too. It's not just Combofiend and Ono. Harada is cunt, his translator is a bigger cunt, Boon is a sellout hack, and Mike Z is an all out douche bag who only rags on other companies to compensate for his shitty fighting game and getting rejected by a slutty-leftist-liberal VA (Cristina Vee). Max is also part of the problem as well as other ass-holes and things like Chen, Gllty, Esports, etc.

Combofiend's barley more than a PR guy. Recruit a high-profile community guy, make him the face of development but don't give him any power, use his reputation as ablative shielding, eject him when it's gone.

FUCK NO

YES
put in either Wayne Holden or the standard snow pirates at the beginning of LP2. those were the iconic games and not the western trash that ditched everything that made the IP great

Ono and Combofiend are still scapegoats (kinda) for the capcom higher ups when their making shit executive decisions like this and allocating budgets for their games so horrendously.

I like spooky, I have no idea what wrong he's done in the past but fighting game streams have the best streams.

It can't repeat mistakes from the last 4+ games:

Evil Haohmaru and Reraruru were kind of retarded, and a shitty way to keep Haohmaru and Nakoruru's bust styles.

Spooky is pozzed as fuck. In addition to being in Capcom's pocket and having to do everything they tell him, he also mutes the entire stream chat whenever Magical Girl Ricky Ortiz-chan is playing because he doesn't like them not accepting the stargendered snowflake.

Have SamSho II Kuroko playable again.

Japanese game industry is weird. Certain companies like Nintendo are very orthodox and something like "director" just means "office supervisor" and the executive producer is the guy with the big ideas. Meanwhile companies like Konami and Capcom use a more Hollywood approach. Point being, Ono's a producer in the Hollywood sense, a fucking weirdo that they just use for simple ideas that he's never in charge of actually executing in games. He was a conduit between the fans and Capcom through SF4 and SFxT and that's all he was. I miss the dude. He was good at his job. Making the actual games was never, EVER his job. Dude started Capcom as the sound producer on 3S' theme song and music direction. Again, NEVER MADE the ACTUAL GAMES. The other poster who referred to him and Combofiend as scapegoats was right on the money. Combofiend selling the fuck out as a pro player and shitting on the brand that gave him any reputation whatsoever by pretending he put out anything but hot garbage is some bullshit, though. S-Kill having to leave speaks volumes for how shitty that company's gotten imo.

Before Combofiend shot himself in the foot, Seth wasn't…any better honestly. Chris Svennson would be impressed how Combofiend and John D pissed more people off than he did 5 years ago.

I will never get sick of watching the crowd reaction to Skullomania and Darun Mister. Eat shit, Peter, wherever you are.
Pros are baffling out of touch with what most people want/appreciate. Obviously everyone will sort of "stop seeing" the cool animations and character designs and think more about frame data and poke ranges at a certain level of competency, but players like Combofiend have gone so long without seeing characters as anything but functions a game like MvCi might as well be visually identical to its predecessors. The very idea of art being a deciding factor in a purchasing decision is foreign to him.

There we go.

People have known for years that pros dictating balance will lead to them just wanting whatever character they main buffed. SRK talked at length about it years ago. People have spoken candidly about it and confirmed this long before the shilling of Infinite and SFV. It's especially bad with the whole eceleb/streamboar dickriding fad. Remember when Daigo said he wanted SF4 to have guard crush and '09ers never shut the fuck up about it?

Legend has it Capcom Japan used to have a HIGHLY competent QA team. Rumor has it that 3S pro player Raoh, who you can hear being referenced in the Daigo parry video commentary, was actually a former Capcom QA employee. He had to leave his job because Capcom has strict policy against letting their employees compete. (Nice one, Combofiend. Moron.) It was said he was actually among the worst of Capcom's QA staff that worked on the game, skill-wise. He placed highly in tournaments all over the world.

What I wanna know is who the QA guy is that keeps nerfing the fuck out of already low-bottom tier characters in SFV. I had to fucking quit the game when season 2 happened, not because of no arcade mode, bad roster choices or the shitty netcode, but because Alex got his ass nerfed despite being low tier and became fucking unplayable.

I have a weird theory that internal Capcom devs are as pissed they were forced by executives and Sony to shit out such a mess in such little time as anyone else, and don't really give a shit about it.

I can kinda understand the weird, controversial nerfs that happen sometimes, though. Like Gen getting nerfed in 4. Who was it…Xian? Won by just spamming safe hands BnBs, building meter, and doing super into Ultra 2. Every fucking match. And he clearly wasn't low tier anymore, he kinda proved it himself by winning the largest major in the world with him. That's kinda how tiers have always worked. A single game's tiers can change drastically. Like 3S Hugo being B tier according to the most recent list in Arcadia magazine, thanks almost entirely to YSB.

seriously? when did that tier list come out, and do you have a pic of it?

In Alex's case, the dude wasn't winning any majors or anything. A few heroes were getting out of pools but I can't recall anyone making top 8 with him consistently.
The whole just reminds me how in SFIV they straight up admitted they purposefully skewed the balance towards certain characters to make them more visible in tournaments for marketing purposes. Literally manufacturing hype to the detriment of other characters.

They were talking about the original AE. AE 2012 fixed this. Ultra never had this problem.

The real message was, "We know how we're designing our own games, you dumb kids, we know what tier everyone REALLY is." SF4 is a well balanced game regardless. Ultra was never alive competitively in America long enough for anyone here to really know. It's still played in Japanese arcades though. Poison's popular.

'08 or '09 I wanna say. Sorry, don't have a pic.

"Winning with Dee Jay may still be a bit more difficult than other characters, but it will be that much more rewarding."

I'll love Ultradavid forever for going on stream with James and saying publically that nothing is wrong with that character. He has everything he needs for his gameplan. Sure you aren't just bad?

I don't know anything about SFIV's balance - I just remember that line from USFIV's release and how stupid it was.

They were talking about Yun and Yang being OP in OG AE. 3S Yun is a fucking celebrity to Japan, it was fanservice. Are you crying that characters like Ryu and Cody have 5/5 or 5/6 matchups on purpose, mad that someone like Sagat is good on purpose with his most favorable matchup being 7/3, mad that your pet main is hard to use on purpose even though all you have to do is adjust the timing on his slide anti-air and learn regular Street Fighter so you can stop sucking dick at the game and making excuses like a textbook scrub?

yeah I know, shut up.

Why are you so angry? I've never played a game of SFIV in my life; I just wanted to share a stupid soundbite. Christ.

just go home little dude

I suppose I don't measure up to your lofty standards.

is there like a option select library for usfiv ??
it's like no one even bothered properly archiving this information

dee jay is my main
i have fun using him
but hard defend against better characters

you totally don't my old chum. you suck and don't even play. this thread isn't for you.

I've been wondering a lot about that. I wish I played more Ultra lobbies with people back when the game was current, Edition Select is awesome. I wanna fight a skilled vanilla Sagat with my Ultra main.

I'M NUCLEAR
I'M NEGRO
I'VE BEEN SAYIN' IT FOR YEARS

wow who rustled this guy's jimmies

The world's bullshit, Main Event has always been this pumped

People who are new to things are often bad at them. Sorry I wasn't born 10 years earlier.
My local scene meets once a week and I play once a week. I won't ask you how many sets of SFIV you grind through in a week because I sincerely don't care and I'm sure it's zero.

I was competing in tournaments at your age. I made round 3 of the Gamespot invitational. I've placed in events. I was 19. What's your excuse, boy?

btw the invitational was SF4 launch, EVERYONE was new. bet you one of them triflin scrub niggas goes to glorified house parties to get fucked up and play games you're awful at. fuck out of here

Ah, I see. You must be a real consummate professional to have reached such heights.

this nigga thinks shaming someone for being good and actually winning is OK in a fighting games general

gtfo nigger, you're bad. go home to your tendies and animeposting

I can dig it

God dammit nignog, you done goofed

the 2nd one

Does anyone know how DBFZ will play? I keep getting mixed answers despite just about everyone saying it's a cross between GG and MvC. I can see that I guess, but I want to know more specifics like how much of it is GG and how much is MvC besides the assists and switching-outs.

This is important to me because if it plays too much like MvC I don't think I'll pick it up. At the same time my normalfag friends will get it because muh dbz and muh mahvel and this is one of those rare times where I might do the same but only if it's good - and I never truly cared for mahvel, just GG.

Doesn't it have an beta right now?

I think it's too late for sign up for that now.

Just stop shilling like a capcuck, Wong. It's really painful. You're not suckering anyone into buying SFV or MvCI dlc.

While you cringe from Wong's hair-dyed-mid-life-crisis shilling, Have another reminder that the MvCI steam playerbase is getting smaller each day.

Ultra is fucking trash, and you should kill yourself for playing that piece of shit let alone giving Ono money for that half-assed shit version of SF4.

Well that basically confirms my theory that they made it for five bucks and rushed it out to try and profit off esports, but if the budget was that low, I sure hope they didn't break even.

DSP is that you?

Nah man, DSP placed 4th

you had to place in two tournaments to get to round 3. shame I didn't get to the top but it's more than your pathetic, gross, loli posting ass will ever achieve. I also bodied my entire local scene in a round robin and tied first in a tournament for Street Fighter 2. take your scrub weebcancer ass back to cuckchan and get fucked by this superior 10" white dick while you're at it.

why are you so angry :^)

uuugh anyway

what was the best year for fighting games and why was it 2008

like I'd go to more meets but a lot of em nowadays are excuses for clowns to get fucked up with a Sony console running in the background. they might hop on and whiff fullscreen May 5C over and over like a retard once in a while. idk.

the absolute state of this genre. fuck you kids. yeah I mad, no shit.

I'm wondering where you smug sense of self importance comes from. My bet is this is the only thing you have in your life as far as achievements go so you constantly bring it up and brag about it like you've done something unobtainable. I was 10 years old and boding everything in my way at the local arcade. I was keeping up way before then too. SF, Neo-Geo, MK, Tekken, list goes on and on. In addition to begin decent at /fightan/ I was keeping the machines running and the place clean for ungrateful faggots like you.

I am my local scene nigger. I regularly drop $1k on orders from focus attack and various vendors. I give away $200+ arcade sticks to anyone that wants to learn. I haul around candy cabs and consolized machines for tournaments both local and far away. I repair, modify, and keep old and new hardware going. I spend my own money on pizza and/or cooking for groups of 50-100 people. I don't have to come on here and brag about it because the shit is just a hobby and I do far more important things. I can still hang and place well when I want to but I've moved on to coaching the younger guys and focus more on bringing in new blood than talking shit about a vanilla MK3 tournament I won over 20 years ago.

You are cancer. You're the loser that wins one game against a noob, spouts memes and insults in his face, and runs him out of the arcade. If you ever did that shit at a local I was hosting I'd DQ you on the spot and have you escorted out and you'd never be allowed to return. Everyone would point and laugh and be grateful that you were gone. No one gives a shit you won some no-name tournament in vanilla SF4. The fact that you have nothing newer to brag about just shows that you topped out way back then and can no longer improve. If you truly had the spirit of competition you'd be entering tournaments this year instead of bragging about one nearly 10 years old.

is this fresh pasta? goddamn we've been starved for new OC, thanks man

get keepin fucked bruh this big white dick is always hard. unlike your scrub ass. stay soft and stay salty.

callin that nigga shinaynay from now on cuz he one big squishy bitch

I thought that too at first. The two new characters look like straight up sheik and marth clones with a couple other little tricks that almost seem ridiculous. Bubble prison and projectile shield that's almost the size of the entire stage respectively.

This thread is awful y'all better shape up

rn I'm just grateful not to be the kind of shitbag who uses FGs as a shield so they can host events where they take upskirts of underage girls or fuck said underage girls in the back of an arcade

life's p good

i've never seen underage girls at a tourney. I've seen a couple kids, boys that is, there for smash, not even to participate just to play friendlies but they were always accompanied by a parent.

I made him really mad while he was playing. his mom was sitting next to him. not a bad lookin lady tbh, she thought it was funny too

I'm aware of both of those things happening where I'm from btw. hint, not really for fighting games

But Canada is superior to USA

amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Arcade-PlayStation-Standard-4/dp/B0765LLC19/

Looks like the beta's finally ending.

Just in case: archive.is/q2VGI

New V-triggers/skills will absolutely not help the game if they don't fix the core gameplay, it'll be the same situation as Ultras in SFIV where people will just pick the one that's obviously better most of the time. Most Uriens as an example will want to keep Aegis Reflector if they can, but if his new V-trigger was blatantly better or easier to use to the same effect, then nobody would have a reason to use Aegis Reflector anymore.
No playstyles exist in the game right now because of how it's designed to be "accessible" aka so random even the pro players hate it, because everyone will always play a character "the optimal way", which is flowcharty as fuck.

What's the best fighting game that I can play on my PSP? I need something for the commutes.

Tekken 5 DR
Tekken 6
Soul Calibur
Samsho anthology

def jam ffny

sankyuu

GG Accent Core+ and #Reload, Tekken 5 DR, Alpha 3. I've heard that the SoulCalibur game, the Blazblue game and the Dissidia games are pretty good too, but I didn't play them personally so I can't vouch for them.

Capcom's SF4 team had such bias for certain characters. Nerfing Gen because one prodigy player (Xian) won Evo2013 with him with such bullshit. Never mind that in an exhibition match of Xian's GEN vs Diago's RYU, Xian lost 0-10 and this was before Gen's nerfs were introduced. (see youtube link)
Also they made Yun/Yang purposely OP for a short time until AE2012.
The last time I played Sf4, Guile had the same health as Evil Ryu. Think about that.

Gonna add those too, just got by mail an SD to Memory Stick card adapter and a 32gb microsd, first i'm gonna put custom firmware on this bad boy.

MvCi Chun Li in all its sun-lit glory!
Should Ken's fireball only go half-screen like Sakura?I don't like SFV Ken's undershirt look

Because to get to high rank you need to play Dragunov, Jin, Paul, Bryan, Gay Pirate, etc
I main Jack-7 and Harada nerfed the cunt into the ground for the retail ports. Then they "buff" him by extending the range of his rage art, as if that was what the fucking problem was.
If you want to get to high-rank online, you have to either git gud, or play one of 7 good characters. Otherwise just play a good game.

I hope you aware that every time Capcom said something official regarding intentionally balancing certain games it was always "this a thing we always did" and "we think a game with nothing but 5-5 matchups for everyone would be extremely boring." They're completely right.

It doesn't take a "prodigy" to hitconfirm Gen lowforward into hands into super into U2. Like I said, he always had THIS crutch. Gen is a high skill character. Always has been. He's an old Chinese martial arts artist from a cheesy old gung fu movie, he's supposed to be retardedly technical. Xian didn't exactly play him that way to win. And, yeah, again, he's not a prodigy just because he tore up a tier list you treat like a religion. You place 1st in the largest major in the world in that build of a game, that character is officially no longer low tier in that build. mid at worst. Welcome to fighting games, enjoy your stay.

I just hit the SRK wiki and they have never had the same health fam. they're comparable in Ultra, 50 point difference in Guile's favor (950, E. Ryu's 900). Guile's sub-1000, sure, but this is fine in a game where sonic boom is good as shit, every version of his fierce is godlike, and his flash kick FINALLY WORKS how it's supposed to. he has a half-point nerf from the average because he's got godlike keepaway, this is a completely sensible move

you make a game to seem completely "fair" to everybody and you get this current generation of the genre where it's boring and no special thought is paid to individual gameplans, and you STILL have characters who suck too much for you to play without being a masochist, more so than games like SF4 or even fuckin KoFXIII, the latter of which could have just banned the two pay2win characters at tourneys and would have been completely fine

Post sticks

that's completely gross

why can't I live in the timeline where Capcom bought SNK and the fighting game resurgence happened in 2002, I could be playing CvS9 right now

And you get the "We want to aim to Western audiences" treatment for all the SNK properties?

Don't ever take this one anywhere outside your house or I will slap you.

it was a better Capcom back then. stream monsters who nut hugged SF4 then started calling it shit because it's not on stream anymore wouldn't matter.

is ustream still a thing btw? there was a channel there that still streamed CvS2 out of a game center like, two or three years ago. there's a guy who mains ratio 4 Raiden and fucking wrecks

lol

So don't even try? I don't want 5-5 matchups in every match. I just want low-tier to have a *fighting* chance so to speak.

I impressed that Xian won EVO2013 with a little used character. Are you saying that GEN carried him? If you could see GEN's potential before Xian made him good, then you're a better fighting gamer than I.

wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV/Guile
wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV/Evil_Ryu
Also

Evil Ryu going from 850 to 950 from AE to USF4 and back to 900 in USF4 1.04 version. Evil Ryu did so much damage but a defensive character like Guile having less than 1000. Guile is fighting a up-hill battle when E.Ryu gets the life lead…

low tier always had a fighting chance in SF4 and everyone always knew this. if you think SFV is better by comparison then lol

It stopped being potential when he fucking won. Yes, the character in the fighting game won the fighting game. Mike Watson was right, damn.

Interesting shit in the last part but why would Guile EVER let E. Ryu get in. why would he have to. he's Guile.

Oh fuck, how did I not notice this before?

YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR PREVIOUS DLC CHARACTERS, THIS IS JUST A FANCY RERELEASE

also I wouldn't argue if people wanted to claim I main secret top tier or something. EX Zonk is fucking busted. I do dash forward x 2 meaty EX Zonk on a hard knockdown on fucking everyone if they have Revenge stored and it beats or trades with every single Ultra so far except Akuma U2. this includes Sagat U1 (trade, soft knockdown on my end). but everyone always cried about ultras so is this even really broken lol?

remember when SF4 added a ton of shit to almost every release or tweaked fucking everything if they didn't, and only cost about $100 altogether if you played since vanilla, i.e. over a course of seven fucking years? Pepperidge Farm remembers

this nigga promised me a fucking rematch, where he been at

I don't play SFV or even own a copy of it. Why do you bring that up?

You seem to think that the players make no difference to the characters used. Strange…

*rolls eyes* Tell me what voodoo hacks this mystical Xian that has that make Gen work differently compared to anyone else using him

you're a scrub, sit down

Then again, SFIV vanilla even with all its faults at least launched as a complete game.

SEVEN

THREE

Am I misremembering when I remember them saying that with SFV they were planning on NOT doing this expansion pack released at full price as a "full" game?

It's technically a reprint to attract new people, it's implied to come with none of the DLC including characters.

Still, compare the fixes that SFIV got throughout its life cycle to the completely retarded shit that they're doing to SFV. Does anyone think that in its current state Capcom can create something even near what Ultra was for SFIV?

fuck everything tbh

to be completely fair SFV is $20 on PS4 at Walmart. it's a kinda fair price but I wasn't born yesterday and know what it means when a hot current release ends up getting that cheap.

I'll hang out with the Alphadogs, New Gen shitters can keep staying home

and the shitter still lost. these people are why connections get spotty btw, it royally fucks up the network when you lagswitch and do this kind of shit. SFV's atrocious online might have actually nothing to do with Capcom themselves

my point is 7-3 is not and has ever been that bad of a matchup. it means 3 out of 10 odds of winning. and it was zangief, like duh. he was still A tier in vanilla regardless.

one final samefag here to add that someone told me in steam chat that SFV has been fucking up at some locals. like, on PS4s, with people in real life trying to play each other.

Officially announced, comes with all DLC characters.

Screenshots of the new UI and how arcade mode will work.
Stunning that they made the battle UI uglier.

I never even gave a shit about SFV because I heard:
Input lag
Shitty netcode
Most moves have shitty range for some reason
Are those things fixed

No, and don't have any hope that Arcade Edition will fix any of those.

Well fuck it then

Shills relegating valid complains to just bitching and bandwagon riding as usual.

Pretty sure those aren't things they would ever "fix" because most of them are core to their vision.

Learn to read. The small letters only mention the new modes and gameplay feature(s) will be free for pre-existing owners.

this reminds me how some anonyshitter tried arguing with me about SF4 having the same problem. idiot probably played on PS3 and didn't even know, lmao. (PS3 version had offline delay compared to Xbox, EventHubs posted about it years ago, where they tested it with synchronized neutral jumps). unrelated:

SFV is trash but this will never not be hilarious

Capcum's social media says all characters.

you know a lot to do with fighting games sucking now is Sony rolling the red carpet to Capcom so that PS4 becomes tournament standard and Sony sells a shit load of units, right? even though it's a completely trash system and this convention is why there are so many fucking problems in the genre in large part

Yes because you can buy it as a sepereate title in case you're not a pre-existing owner, you dumbfuck. Man, you get hooked by PR talk way too easily.

Not getting the characters if you already owned the game was obvious, I was talking about if you bought it individually because it seemed like on the Amazon listing that the new Arcade Edition purchase didn't look like it came with the DLC characters and was just a reprint, it's just clarification. Chill your nuts.

The way you worded it made it seem like it came with all DLC characters by default, and this is something I've seen people genuinely fall for.

Is Pocket Fighter legit or a kids game?

yes

like Pocket Fighter is legit dash and mash if you're a masher kid and you might even do okay but there's plenty of other shit for someone knowledgeable to get more benefit from

it's really good

Pocket Fighter's on PSN but PS3 only, not the Vita, because Sony is fucking retarded. like holy shit its name is POCKET FIGHTER

I'll keep waiting for Street Fighter V - Secure Borders Edition

It's legit fun.
Got it with the SFA Anthology. Might sound like I'm bullshittin' but there was a time, Capcom was that considerate.

Welp there goes any hope for the game

i hope you like being hated by everyone but those who can actually play the game on a high level and see trough your greande BS

What did they mean by this?

So the main 4 are obvious, the question is who are the other 3?
I need to know more.

It's obviously skullomania taking up 7 slots

I'm not sure how to feel about this.
Eh, I'm already over it.

Might be cool. At least having a wide selection of RWBY characters might bring a little light into the lives of rwbyfags. God knows they need it.

if it's Akatsuki Blitzkampf and Melty Blood characters I'll give it a chance. But after Ruby's terrible trailer I don't think I can handle more RWBY characters.

There's no way they're going to use the seven slots for RWBY. The other girls are a given though. Depends on how big this piece of shit's popularity is in nipland.
The important thing is what ETC might entail. Make your bets.

Who the hell thought that this RWBY thing was a good idea?

ETCETERA

How long do you like to lab?
Do you listen to external music when you lab?
If so what you listen to?

I love labbing but I always do it very erratically, I just practice whatever comes to mind at the moment, so sessions usually don't last very long. If I'm tired of the game's soundtrack I usually listen to some downbeat stuff like UK dubstep because it's relaxing and lets me practice in peace.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Depends on how shit the rest of the day. Sometimes I'll have a youtube playlist of bullshit going on in the background but I'm long overdue for new stuff to listen to.

The rest of RWBY- Weiss, Blake, and Yang definitely. But that then leaves 3 slots.
Nora, Pyrrah, maybe Ren, definitely not Jaune (his character hasn't developed any decent skills yet), Team CFFE is out as well IMO (the rabbit girl is just a mimic fighter, and Coco hasn't shown off enough- and probably isn't popular enough).
Torchwick is a fan favorite, Neo is also possible. Cinder could even turn up, but not with Maiden powers (or that being a high-level super in some big fiery explosion). Probably not Qrow- but if the director likes him, who knows.

> Depends on how big this piece of shit's popularity is in nipland.
From Waifu appeal, very. Lots of fan art. Somehow Rooster Teeth had the connections to get it broadcast on one of their TV stations out there. And with Kemono Friends showing you don't need to look good to be good, more people in Japan gave it a chance IMO. Also, we know that anime can be truly fucking awful with plot-holes the size of Fuji and they'll be an audience for it. How a small island can have enough oktau to support trash I don't know.

Someone said they're just tables with empty slots for efficiency's sake and it doesn't necessarily mean all slots will be filled, DB Budokai Tenkaichi 3 did the same thing apparently.

More like

Some guy I was talking to said some robot chick would be in it so she could be compared to 13 and the other robots of blazblue. It makes some sense.

That's really seems stupid. Why have the rows then?

It's ingrained in their shitty ant culture.

They're organizing them by series which makes sense not sure why there's two things for BlazBlue though, but if they not gonna completely fill out all the rows then they should've been more clever with the design. I'm also pretty sure that ETC is just there for the random character select. I highly doubt they're gonna actually do anything with it.

The bottom three looks like P2's character select while the top three are P1's. ETC is probably guest characters and I'm willing to bet pressing left onto the franchise logo will be random.

There's not two for BlazBlue, there's a grid for each player.

Fuck RWBY
Predict the P4UA Cast
Besides Yu and his fuckboy yosuke we have 5 slots

Then that means 1 of the main party members gets fucked over. Does this mean Rise gets the cane and is thrown off stage? I can see them keeping Rise for uniqueness and removing Chie for being a generic rushdown. I can also see them removing Naoto and keeping a villain, like Adachi

Can we talk about this?

Let's not and say we did.

I wouldn't hold out hope for Adachi since they might go for the vanilla P4A cast. Aigis is going to be in for sure along with robot/android girls from the other series.

Batteries Sagat not included, goy.
Also, for the people complaining about Bengus, you're getting Udon aka reverse Midas because everything they touch turns to shit.

GGX sprites.

If the shot-caller is patrician: Yukiko, Kanji, Mitsuru, Adachi and Shido
But this RWBY shit confirms a bitch in the helm so I'm betting on Teddie, Naoto, Aigis, Adachi and the P4U OC. All the safe choices plus that compulsive need to make people like that one character nobody cares about.

True. I forgot its also P3
Aigis and Teddie will be there for sure.

They don't have to fill all the slots and that UI could just be a placeholder. They'll most likely have the main 4 and that's it.

I barely actually go to the lab. Most of my combos I learn through constantly fighting people and experimenting during the fight. For that reason though, my combos aren't optimal but still not bad. It has caused my neutral game and fundamentals to become much better though.

The few times I do go to training though. I listen to classical music or Gundam soundtracks. Especially X, Wing, and SEED.

Really hope Kanji is in. One of the more fun grapplers I've played in a fighter.

That's 4 too many

If they're fun to use then I don't care. Never cared for RWBY but I see it being included as a reason to drop the game. But RWBY's voice kills my ears. That's my only complaint.

If they wanted my purchase all season 3 should be included with all the previous seasons and it should only cost $20 max for ppl whom already bought this

And you people keep falling for that kind of stuff.

Guess what? Hopefully Akatsuki too

For P4U, I think Chie, Yukiko and Aegis are shoe ins. The other two I don'k know maybe Kanji and Naoto for gimmick characters.
Now Blazblue, Noel and Hazama are probably certain. The other three: Taokaka for Wolverine "functions", Nu-13 representing the robot clones and maybe Tager for a classic grappler don't know, Rachel and Hakumen are popular but I don't think they would do well in a tag game and it looks like they're going for vanilla rosters so maybe even Hazama might not make it at first.

You can have S3 in the package in 2019 when Hyper SFV comes out.
Don't forget that these assholes are charging 8 bucks for a costume atm.

The 7.99 is the character including the costume actually.

I stand corrected then. Honestly, with all the crap they've been doing, I don't even question something that would otherwise sound completely absurd like 8 bucks for a costume.

The fact that it seems like something they'd do is sad. Arcsys characters can get up there but they're not ripped from the roster. Rev characters aren't that expensive and people waited nearly a decade for Jubei. Oh, and the free download periods too even if you don't plan on getting some of their games right away.

Before this thread dies I just want to know, who is your favorite fightan woman
Jade/Elena

On the other hand, this thirst to hate on Capcom has people turn a blind eye on what everyone else does. Capcom might be pioneers of kikery that put the actual kikes at WB to shame but doesn't exempt everyone else. I guess that, in the end, there's no heroes in the industry.

The one who canonically beat Joe Higashi's ass. Fuck Terry with his MC powers. My boy Kensou almost had this

kensou is never gonna "had this". kensou is as close to getting psycho pussy as close as mario is getting mushroom pussy

Several of the new GG characters were free for the first week, too. I can't believe they would make three character models for Dizzy and then give her away for free.

Love Heart is going to rape Kensou in KoF XV

Would you let Eolith make another KoF game?

FUN FACT
So apparently love heart asks Athena those questions about kensou because there is a character in the pachinko games that has an equivalent relationship to love heart. Some dude who is in love with her but she never really reciprocates. So the SNK universe hates the fuck out of kensou or hopefully they make that interaction mean that kenou can someday score if he forgets that barney haired bitch.

I was talking about the latest KOF Destiny episode on the chinese Steam. It'll be available on YouTube next week, I think

Too bad SNK sold SkyLove to a pachislot company. It would make a great 3rd person action brawler/slasher. Kensou might have better luck with MuiMui

T…th…the…they actually made Ken worse!

How!?

I can't believe they made the game even worse with Arcade edition. You're supposed to fix your game, not kill it, right? The gold actually hurts my eyes.

I just got deja vu to the other time this happened, only it was actually true then

any character that a coon can use to beat their snowflake e-celebrity is clearly fraudulent and must be shot on sight

The screen just doesn't fit at all. , and reeks of more MUH ESPORTS than an actual game.made out of love. The characters look photoshopped in a screen full of fucking gold and yellow the game didn't need. Ono learned nothing from SFxT.

what do you know about the actual game, friend

inb4 long winded writeup after twenty minutes of watching youtube videos

go home anonyshitter

Does anyone else get slot machine vibes from this?

That's probably because Capcom wants you to keep paying.

what in the fuck is 56 supposed to mean

I hope this isn't some reference to a sekkret klub legion thing because I have a case worker to whom I've reported being stalked online, because it's been happening. she even told me she's been getting inappropriate emails since she took my case. glhf scrub, get party vanned

Impressive.

foxfags bout to have their dream of a lifetime giving up their sweet boipussy up to bubba in cell block D come true real fuckin soon

dude just tell us your reddit account

Do the Wii U versions of these work on the Switch?

Also how do I stop getting bodied in Pokken?

if you played games with me it's pretty obvious, I'm a normal person who uses a single handle for a lot of things because I'm not an autist with a bunch of illegal shit to hide

how about you post all six of yours

Yes.
Play Weavile

It's time to stop posting

"no"

Yes: shoryuken.com/2017/06/22/the-wii-u-pokken-controller-and-brook-universal-fighting-board-are-now-compatible-with-the-nintendo-switch/

But I never played Pokkén, só I don't know

pokken is like, what everyone wanted pokemon battles to be when they were 8, but without the pokemon game. if that rumored new Switch game fixes this, it's going to achieve world domination

give me 62 reasons Green Goblin isn't in Infinite. what the fuck happened to macy gray, anyway

Yes, the WiiU version works with the switch port, I still use mine.

Pokken is very neutral based so it requires a lot mindgames and strong fundamentals. Something you might not be familiar with since they are mechanics unique to pokken is how it handles attack heights: Unlike other fighting games, where heights matter for blocking attacks, in Pokken, blocking is height universal, but instead, moves with different heights can go over or under each other for punishes and baits. This is from the WiiU version so it might be slightly out of date, but more information on this can be found here: pokkenarena.com/forums/topic/277-pokkén-height-invincibility-interactions/ and some of the youtube channels I link below have videos on it.

Also, When I was starting out, a strategy I did that was really helpful was make a list of things I knew I could do better at or needed to work into my play/establish muscle memory for, and then as I played, ONLY focus on 1-2 things on the list at a time, instead of having all 50 things I knew I could improve at be on my head.

Once you have gotten better enough at those 1-2 things that you feel comfortable moving on, just focus on the next 2 things.

As far as resources for info and such, your two main things should be the community discord (discord.gg/pokken) , which is where the entire community hangs out and talks, and it can direct you to character and region specific servers, and Pokkenarena.com, which is where the same people post all of their resources for posterity.

These youtube channels also do pokken content and if you intend to git gud you should be subbed to them. Mitchel especially puts out lots of good resources, and badintent is currently doing a guide/primer for people to get into the game, with a new video every half a week or so. Right now he's focusing on stuff for people new to fighting games but it's still worth watching and as he gets more videos done it'll focus more on stuff for players already familar with fighters

youtube.com/channel/UC-rkZLRGuwddPTOz3pDPLMA
youtube.com/user/McDareth
youtube.com/channel/UCZwLQ1MO2tH2fwGJOYANgxg
youtube.com/channel/UCptf1J-cpNw-r6tbBDZqCrw
youtube.com/channel/UC-rICKH5kIZqXXUR6OVmCew
youtube.com/channel/UCniqc9Kndtjv0iMnkIkrlzA
youtube.com/user/MalicexBadIntent/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCzhqPD8IXd2Ym9u8QOb1Hiw
youtube.com/channel/UC2mMiG7LtIRdu8QMekDC_Cw/videos
youtube.com/user/Pentao/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCBLZvaVQJb8tnMh4hEoVkiQ/videos
youtube.com/user/ouroborosan/videos
ttps://www.youtube.com/user/TheReaLInsaynNe
youtube.com/user/Madolcheprince/videos

I play weavile exclusively so his matchups are really all I can comment on in particular.

Weavile is considered high tier but he's also one of the hardest characters to use at a high level, probably the single hardest relative to his maximum hypothetical utility, so he has probably the single least amount of play at events of any character on the roster.

You can do well with him for sure, the game is super balanced and every character is viable (except maybe croagunk) but he's hard to do well with despite having almost entirely even or postive matchups.

Watch his actual videos, he's got good content, especially for beginners.

youtube.com/watch?v=GPai7PAfoBI
youtube.com/watch?v=G-7OOSkTuoA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8UDKTP6uk

For instance. He's also got one of the best, most concise explanations on what frame data is in a fighting game that i've seen, video related

Keep whining and bitch you fucking losers. Nobody cares about you dumb niggers because nothing they ever do will ever please you. You're just another fucking perma-virgin with a shitty opinion. Whiny niggers that don't even play the game. Go back to play utter trash like tekken and fucking pokemon like the limp dick you are.

no

lol

Makes perfect sense if you look at how short lived the fad was. Fitting of a true thot.

is this a pasta?

Wew baby this is a lot to digest in one sitting. But thank you, I've actually saved this post in a word document, so I can refer to it after the thread inevitably dies.
I should preface by saying I probably shouldn't have used the term "bodied" since I think that gives the impression I actually know a god damned thing about fighting games.

I understand what you're saying, mind, like "neutral based" meaning "not heavily based on rushdown, but instead based on patience and outsmarting your opponent."
But in terms of putting it into practice?
Complete and utter sub scrub tier beginner, here. Kept throwing out attacks at the bot in training mode, and wondering why I was only barely making progress, if any.

So yeah, ironically enough, these videos will be of good use to me.

As far as characters, as counter to the game's style as it is, from what I've played I think I prefer the way any of the speed types handle. That or Machamp, because of how simplistic he is.
All I know with choosing a character for me is that I know I don't want to do anything technical, like Gengar or Darkrai.

Still, I am a simple man. I press the buttons, and loud crunchy punchy sound effects and visual flairs happen. I'll git gud at this game, enough to at least body a hard CPU, because it seems rewarding enough.

I'm wondering where you smug sense of self importance comes from. My bet is this is the only thing you have in your life as far as achievements go so you constantly bring it up and brag about it like you've done something unobtainable. I was 10 years old and boding everything in my way at the local arcade. I was keeping up way before then too. SF, Neo-Geo, MK, Tekken, list goes on and on. In addition to begin decent at /fightan/ I was keeping the machines running and the place clean for ungrateful faggots like you.

I am my local scene nigger. I regularly drop $1k on orders from focus attack and various vendors. I give away $200+ arcade sticks to anyone that wants to learn. I haul around candy cabs and consolized machines for tournaments both local and far away. I repair, modify, and keep old and new hardware going. I spend my own money on pizza and/or cooking for groups of 50-100 people. I don't have to come on here and brag about it because the shit is just a hobby and I do far more important things. I can still hang and place well when I want to but I've moved on to coaching the younger guys and focus more on bringing in new blood than talking shit about a vanilla MK3 tournament I won over 20 years ago.

You are cancer. You're the loser that wins one game against a noob, spouts memes and insults in his face, and runs him out of the arcade. If you ever did that shit at a local I was hosting I'd DQ you on the spot and have you escorted out and you'd never be allowed to return. Everyone would point and laugh and be grateful that you were gone. No one gives a shit you won some no-name tournament in vanilla SF4. The fact that you have nothing newer to brag about just shows that you topped out way back then and can no longer improve. If you truly had the spirit of competition you'd be entering tournaments this year instead of bragging about one nearly 10 years old.

The game is dog shit, and the ui update is a bigger, uglier mess now. Who would think this would look good. Please fuck off for being a dumb cunt.

The song they chose is giving me early Tekken vibes. I like it tbh

Lol. Here's your (you).

I've never been happier not to be a nigger.

Still angry about that.

If you aren't familar with fighting games in general then looking at general fighting game resources might help too.

"neutral" basically means the state of the game where neither player is really applying pressure is an advantageous is disadvantageous position against each other. By contrast, if one player is knocked down, or is pushed against a corner and the other player is applying pressure trying to get an opening, then one players in the "advantage" state, and the other is in "disadvantage".

twitter.com/fubarduck/status/915958758517248000

SFV ARCADE EDITION WON'T HAVE ARCADE CABINETS

YOU GET A ONE-TIME SPECIAL EVENT AND THEN THEY'RE GONE FOREVER

you demonstrate no knowledge of whatever it is you're even trying to talk about right now

your bait doesn't work now that I've graduated from jailchan and started posting for real, friend. I'm white and I'm better than you anyway. t. beast

Based Taito

WHERE IS THE HOT GIRLS FUNCTION IN MVCI

and people think Capcom putting characters in certain tiers on purpose is some new thing

What about Alex? Was him being trash tier in SFV intentional, SFV storywise?

no idea I don't play SFV

but his 3S ending is him coping with him being completely powerless against Ryu. Ryu's supposedly awful in V in its current state, though. but who knows. vocal scrub shitters are everywhere. Alex being awful seems unanimous among everyone who sounds like they know what they're talking about, though.

Toxic Masculinity™ detected

skd wrote some stuff on the mechanics. it sounds like that ui is a deceptive placeholder and it's mostly gonna be blazblue chars with just a few guests, not 7 from each game.
not sure how to feel about arcsys making all their upcoming games have simplified inputs i was hoping they'd let this one stay full anime and make dbz the casual friendly game. do people really hate doing non fireball/tatsu motions so much?
>twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7v1f
>twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7v3a

it's fun

forgot one
>twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7vep

So SFV is finally getting released after a 2 year beta.

Too bad the beta revealed that the game is shit.

Always remember the Rule of CURRENT YEAR Capcom: Regardless of whether something they make appears to be good or bad, Capcom will find a way to make it worse, without fail.

Show me capcom how bad you can make things

Capcom: "What do you mean you won't do it for free?"

lol they made Ono do a damage control video

Capcom is the gift that keeps giving.

They were developing a RWBY fighting game which probably fell flat in some way because RWBY is hot garbage Good character designs though, so they're slapping the assets they made for it in a crossover fighter.
I'm just looking forward to RWBY fans coming in and getting bodied. It won't be as big as Dragonball FighterZ which is gonna be full of people not knowing what the fuck is going on but it'll still be great.

You forget the Persona 3 characters user.
Aigis is gonna be in for sure, as well as Mitsuru.

Funny thing, Bundlestars is having a Capcom sale right now. UMvC3 is selling better than MvCI(UMvC3 is on the first page, MvCI on the second) and USF4 is selling better than SFV(USF4 on second page and SFV on fifth page). I also thought about buying USF4 but I simply don't wanna give that company money

So he's gonna be resurrected in the eventual KoF XV isn't he?

Nothing they can do outside of completely reworking the game from the ground up can save it at this point. though I will say the arcade ladders shown here do look pretty neat, sadly it's stuck in SFV

With the announcement of the AE, there'll be 0 sales of the regular game now. Did they confirmed it'll have every single costume and color you know those Japanese exclusive ones or it'll be just Season 1 and 2 content included plus the new modes and the casino UI? I read about unlocking premium stuff so that means it won't be in the regular AE and will depend on that DRM bullshit to unlock stuff?
Well, it's not like they'll fix Ibuki to being herself again instead of a gimmicky character or the game won't be about the most optimal and only possible style of play anyway.

I hope only as a special boss fight. More interested in the daddy issues Adel and Rose might have. Same with Gaidel and Leona.

it would be nice if they went with the KoF XI approach for KoF XV and have a fuck load of special sub bosses that are all the resurrected souls mentioned in XIV's K' Team and Ikari Warriors Team endings

Frankly, I can't understand the big deal about RWBY characters in the game. It's a weak animation, but it kind of predated Kemono Friends in that "3D that is so bad people atarted to love". I see that Asians do like RWBY, so, it makes sense. And it will be 2D sprites, not those 3D sprites they are using in some games. It feels like a game Arc wanted to make, and hell, RWBY is about fighting, much more than Persona, that is, but in an different way, not action oriented.

It seems that Arc is having a blast in the recent years, with P4A being a nice surprise, BB going strong, GG doing well, DBFZ being extremely well received, and now they are partening with franchises they enjoy.
I just wonder how long until that LoL Fighter, hahaha!
By the way, it seems like a PC version of Injustice 2 appeared on Amazon France. I would not be surprised, with the complete version on the way.

The problem I have with RWBY characters in this instance isn't really the characters themselves it's just Ruby's moveset looks bland as fuck. Like discount Testament.

My main problem with Ruby is her voice honestly.

Well, is her moveset close to the animation? Since Testament might not return anytime soon, it's not that big of a deal. I wonder if they could add Bullet as an adversary for Yang.

I see your point. The Japanese VA sounds better. But many Japanese VA sound awful to me too, so, all personal taste i guess.

RWBY got popular off 3 things:

1) Monty Oum was a dancer before he was an animator. He understood the tempo and swing to aesthetically pleasing physical motion. The last person who did that in the public eye was some other chink nobody's heard of called Jackie Chan, and it clearly never worked out for him. This is why the fighting choreography is outstanding while the everyday move-the-plot animation is trash. The whole show is an excuse to animate fight scenes, and they're animated like a dance.

2) The music. It's good.

3) The early worldbuilding was actually a little fun.

Not even close. Ruby's thing is supposed to be hyper-maneuverablity and using her scythe as a lever, thruster, and anchor to move quickly and physically manipulate targets. She swings it like a damn sword in what I've seen so far, which mirrors the disintegration of her animation in post-Monty seasons of the show.

That's what you get when you hire your secretary to do voicework. Roman's voice is 10/10 and it's jarringly disappointing listening to his Japanese dub. Easily the standout role of the show by a huge margin, and is still the most charismatic even once they started bringing in professionals in later seasons.

Because they could have gotten better IPs to be the forth part of the crossover instead of anime wannabees with movesets and voice acting as trash as the source materials.
Plus Rooster Teeth gets money out of them being there, and whenever Rooster Teeth gets money that's a bad thing.

Is Killer Instinct's Shadow Lords MP coop?

I was with you until this point. Nigger, what? Where else can I find a ballistic kusari-gama?

HI ANONYMOUS! getting that boipussy nice and lubed up for your extended vacation yet? your dream of being a pretty little girl for a huge black dude is gonna come true real soon, don't you worry that sweet little face!

digging this site's report and filter system btw

Here, have another (1) for your collection.

That's not what I said. The in-game interpretation that they came up for Ruby is trash just like the trash source material
For fighting games? Don't know. There probably is a bunch though considering "Traditional melee weapon + Gun" has been something in other video games and anime for decades.
It doesn't change the fact that Ruby's moveset despite the fancy "unique" weapon looks so fucking sterile that it belongs in SFV.

Oh, I got you. Yeah, what we're getting is stiff as fuck.

reused assets sure are ugly

I just wanna see how bad it is for myself. Can't even do that because it's so bad people don't even pirate it.

Asura's Wrath is the only "Interactive Narrative/QTE" focused game that's good. It was still more of an interactive anime then a game but holy fuck was it a fun wild wide.

Asura and Yasha should have been in infinite

Have you thought that, maybe, the developers do like RWBY? That they really wanted Mounty Oum creation side by side with theirs? I really this is the case.

fug, someone bully me, please

Which torrent are you using? the one I had had 40 seeders and 400 peers on release day. I finished it and so far have 13 gigs seeded.

Why would people that can make something good enjoy trash?
It's clearly just a ploy for easy waifufag bucks.

I'm not a shill d00ds™ ! I just fucking love vidodeogames so much!

Looks like someone is balding.

holy shit, what a hilarious reply

So MvCI's digital sales are shit on the PS4 as well.
archive.fo/4N4Jz#selection-731.1-735.29

word to the wise no game should "make" you open a port on your router for effective online play. if you're lagging it's probably traffic, or poor bandwidth management on one end or the other. opening ports is a liability to online security. "forward port 4000" was the FGC's "delete system32"

What are some fighting games that are easy to play on pad? My keyboard's keys keep falling out and I've been meaning to learn either pad or stick for a while now.

Fantasy Strike Anything's fine to play as long as you practice, starting with low execution and working your way up.

Whatever you choose? I've had no problem playing the fighters I have although I wouldn't mind a newer pad.

UNIEL

nother word to the wise that Capcom is totally still supporting Ultra. updated to a new build on my machine just today. found a weird 8:5 resolution yesterday just beneath 720p that ran like a dream, but it disappeared as of this last update. :/ 1.05 now. not sure if this is consistent across all users, I've heard people say they've been on 1.05 for a while now and other people say they're on 1.06

Fuck off with your nigger shit coon

Holy fuck. The only thing better than that is SFox's teabagging and perfects but I hope he fucks him up in a tourney. Sadly people will still try to defend fchamp and say he didn't get bodied.

That Broly tweet is absolute savagery.
Still, as much as I like the FChump lynching, the furfag should be excised like the cancer it is.

chimp was getting shitted on left and right, even the wrestling girls called him a "tester"

tits

Again? Isn't this the second time this has happened?

How are they going to explain it away this time? They already used the excuse that they "didn't advertise the tournament".

Sonic Fox is a cunt, but it's still funny knowing a furfag cunt is pushing people away from MvCI like he pushed people away from MKX and Injustass 2, and humiliated an ass-hole shill with early access.

Fox gave us 13-0, he can be as much of a faggot as he wants.

Guy who doesn't play fightans here, I'm curious about something.
DSP and Lowtiergod usually mention "50/50 bullshit" when they're losing, what's that supposed to mean? A completely unpredictable or unreactable situation?

How bad am I if I can barely make it to level 3 of 3rd strike's arcade mode?

50/50 is referring to the situation being a coinflip.

A situation, specifically an unreactable one, where the attacking player has two equally safe/viable/rewarding options which each require specific defensive options to defeat. When the mixup is more nuanced (say, a 1-in-4 or 1-in-3), you can potentially pick up on a player's patterns, or understand how a player will use his offensive options to defeat your defensive options - maybe one of the attacking options loses to a wakeup DP, so he doesn't think you'll defend yourself against it because it's risky, and from there the yomi hierarchy comes into play.

With a 50/50 situation, people usually use the term derogatorily to mean braindead setups, since there's nothing wrong with a strong payoff for doing the work and outplaying your opponent. If, however, your character can do a single special move and force the opponent to guess overhead/low, each of which is equally safe and rewarding, then there's a problem.

Not sure if I completely understand, but basically you mean there's this uncertainty where both attacking overhead and attacking low is just as safe, with one no more punishable than the other and as such it makes getting trapped in a corner or whatever a guessing game where theoretically you can keep guessing wrong and die for it?

Another question, is the infinite combos in MvCI an actual thing or is DSP just shit at blocking? I do remember some long combo strings in watching some mvc3 videos but I don't recall any that went on for so long, as well as looking so easy to execute(mainly because it doesn't seem like they actually need timing)

late samefag but this is pretty retarded on all fronts. it's sexist as shit to think there's anything shameful about a female body, for one. two, that alt looks like a high price escort. three, what the fuck, ESPN.

proof that pc culture is assbackwards bullshit tbhfam

you got it half-right. it refers to something (supposedly) unreactable, so predicting it is all you CAN do. I don't play SFV but it's used in other games as a scrub excuse. there are answers to these things and some just require that you anticipate what they're going to do. it's called having a move "on deck." it's probably a legit complaint in SFV's case though, since even from what I did play, it was obvious that they somehow made input detection and timing 1000x worse than even SF4. impressive really

pretty bad but we all start somewhere

situations where the defending player has no choice but to guess between two options; low/overhead, left/right, or in the case of grapplers block/abare. this generally happens after being knocked down but it can also happen after large enough amounts of blockstun. makoto's whole gameplan in 3s is essentially about setting up 50/50s with her command grab. there are many characters that are largely designed around creating these sorts of situations and it's generally accepted. what people usually complain about are 50/50s that loop into themselves indefinitely, otherwise known as vortexes. embed related is a particularly infamous example from sf4 which was full of these situations and they came to define the metagame at a high level. if a game is too vortex heavy, it ends up feeling random as the outcome of each match will essentially be reduced to a series of coin tosses. the best way to mitigate this is to give the downed player multiple defensive options on wakeup or make 50/50s risker for the attacker.

it just means you don't understand the game yet.
maybe watch some of bafael's videos about it
>youtube.com/watch?v=KPHqWxxc2F4&list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkD-xkyyb8_xGET_JRkgVGDU
he also restreams a lot of japanese arcade matches & has good insight about the intricacies of the game
character videos:
>youtube.com/watch?v=zB7Op1CC7NM&list=PL1moMaAEL0HfIsHsRYWMy7NAqnilhh13_

infinites are very real and are basically an inevitability in team games like marvel. these need to be distinguished from combos that do 100% damage but are not infinite. a bigger problem with mvci is that there's a glitch that can turn any move into an overhead.

DSP is 100% shit at blocking.
Actually, DSP is shit at everything and there only a few people as bad or worse than him.

That's what most people mean when they say 50/50, yes.

And the infinites in Marvel are very real. If you want to see Web Ball vs Reality Stone Infinite, ask about it in the next thread.

I've seen that webm, I'm talking more about this one touch=100+ hit combo.
I'm actually pretty interested in what this "auto combo" prompt that shows up is, and whether or not it actually means what I think it means.

As the other user said, that'll happen in any tag-based hyper fighter.
Well, Satan, MvCi features a simple auto combo option (which can be disabled) that will allow the player to input a single button (LP, I think) and get a ground combo > launcher >air combo > ground splat. You may automatically do a super if you have meter; they announced this a while ago and I don't remember.

Normally this wouldn't be too bad, but as I understand it there is no damage difference between doing the combo normally and using the auto combo option.

your embedded example is not a 50/50, at all. the 50/50 in the Ibuki kunai vortex is knowing what way to block (and this isn't even a coinflip. you can judge it by spacing.) the example provided, where Ibuki uses the exact same timing every time, has no "have fun guessing faggot" factor to it, because the correct answer is blocking the exact same way (relative) every time. the 50/50 implicit in the kunai vortex would be when she changes her timing to where she is on a different side compared to the previous setup. THAT could be construed as a guessing game; and even then, you can know for yourself exactly which way to block on reaction by just watching ibuki's character model rather than the kunai, which you should be doing every time, anyway.

stop.

Well, I tried. If anyone want to post later: pastebin.com/mqtpKUzQ

Also, SFVAE is just vanilla SFV with the season pass codes: shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
So good luck downloading everything every time you go to a friend's house.

And BBTAG control scheme was posted

And some Blazblue pros playing

so this is another simplified FG for the sake of "broadening the audience" that won't sell for shit for alienating the core market

make them stop

Xrd wish it sold like P4A/U and its two button DP. And this game, besides the Persona audience you have RWBY autists to bank ArcSys and whoever is in the ETC tab.

You can swap characters during assists to attack with both of them like >>13529727 said. So everybody is a puppet character now.
I just think the damage is a bit too high but I know they have to balance because of being a 2vs2 game. And have no idea how gimmicky Drive characters from Blazblue like Rachel would fit in this game if they ever are considered.

you have a point. I guess what I meant to say is that it will fail to "broaden the audience" because its commodified to the tastes of people who'll never give a shit about harder games. impression so far on this end is it's made for the kind of people who played BB for storymode. you know, weebs who suck ass.

highly skeptical of the selling power behind this, kinda inclined to think that corner of the market is comprised largely of American greaseballs who live off their parents and/or welfare for having severe aspergers. but P4 is represented so overall you're right. point being I guess, this is a game for anime kids who can't handle a video game putting emphasis on something besides story or turn-based strategy, and it's going to suck ass. it's not "for" us.

Yes, that's right! Only 4 people have entered on MvCI tounrey!

==B-b-b-b-BUT THERE ARE SO MANY TOURNEYS GOING ON!== will be the new defense reply from all of the capcucks. However, some are really stretching their excuses to defense Capcom's sleazy disc-locked content practices:

clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticHungryGoatPMSTwin

NEW THREAD

Lads I just got into JJBA through fightcade.
Shit's fun as fuck, and Hol Horse even more.