Games you barely remember

I need help, Holla Forums, I think I'll go crazy. Years ago my cousin used to play this game with tanks controls. They told me the game was called Buffy the Vampire slayer, but it was obvious it wasn't and I just realize now, specially since there are no Buffy games for PS1. The thing is, I don't really find the game now.

What I strongly remember from the game is that it had tank controls, the protagonist wore a blue cape and a blue cap with what I think was a red feather, I think it was a guy with pale skin, and he attacked with a sword, also, the first levels were setting in something like a dungeon or a basement, and you killed some weird monsters, but I don't remember anything else. I looked through all the RE clones in PS1 and I swear I can't find it.

Other urls found in this thread:

transience.com.au/el/elgameo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welp, I found it.

I need help finding a game, as well. It's a 8-bit title (3rd gen, could be 4th gen) that had the gameplay of Zelda, but the world of Phantasy Star. You're playing as this purple/magenta guy, and I remember the character throwing ninja stars. Also, this was a localized title. The part I specifically remember had this tunnel with "difficult" enemies, and the environment was very green once you left the tunnel.

I remember this one game where you play as a government agent and have to like diffuse a bomb before it asplodes but the time limit isn't actually a thing, and there are like terrorists wearing yellow that you have to shoot up and at the start of the game you're told that someone who died in front of you is actually still alive.

I think I played it on PS2, it was definitely older, but I can't remember much.

A fighting game with Amakusa, Umbrella twink and Basara.

Crystalis? Willow?

More like lost games

I remember that when the KOF96 was still as a new arcade game
Goenitz behaved in a veeery particular way, different from any neogeo rom and future games

This one went to the other side of the screen and just spammed tornadoes, ones that went in a horizontal path until they reached you

Those could not be countered and once you went close enough he juts trashed you

I haven't found any rom version like that
Was it real Holla Forums? or just a myth from my head?

Nope, it's neither of those two.

I'm trying to identify fairly old coin operated shooter.
Pretty sure it was Japanese, mid to late 80s.
It opens with your plane getting shot down in the middle of a jungle, and being captured.
I remember it had a pretty bitchin rock soundtrack.
It's not POW.

I have one, it`s a PS1 third person shooter/adventure game with the controllers similar to mgs1 where you could switch to first person to aim guns, the very first level was in these very dark cargo train station, followed by you entering this service entry to a facility where you had to navigate over electrocuted areas and poinson gas by hanging from the ceiling, the graphics were extremely polygonal, very dated but kinda good for it`s time. Thinking back now it played just like a metal gear game.

I remember specifically the very first weapon you get is like this automatic pistol with a very large muzzle

Also another game, I am certain it was japanease, a third person adventure game where you control a guy and plant mines to kill mechas

Covert Ops Nuclear Dawn

Do you remember what you played it on? I mean, it's one thing to do know the era of a game by how you recall it looking graphically, but knowing what it was for, or at least what you had access to playing at the time, helps.

I don't remember the console, but it the controller did have two face buttons (In addition to a D-Pad and the start and select buttons).

I feel silly since I basically described this game and it isn`t it. It was probably an early ps1 title since the graphics were way worse, shit was very dark too, to the point where I had to adjust the tv to better see things.

Is it Mission Impossible?

It was this old computer game we had, it was a game show where the host and contestants were all aliens. I remember the host had green skin, a bowtie, and a great big smile. I think it asked questions about literature? Maybe literature was only one of the categories of questions it asked.

I'm pretty sure it worked on Macintosh because that's what we had back then. Also, I think it was produced by Broderbund, or someone else who did edutainment. I could be remembering a lot of this stuff wrong. This has been bugging me for a while

No, but I found the mine planting one, It is called Silent Bomber

There was this game I played as a kid. It was like a food chain simulator where you get to choose an animal to control. I remember it being turn-based and that the black bear was the strongest animal. Can't remember the title of the game, though.

Was it any of the four Spec Ops games for the PS1? Stealth Patrol, Covert Assault, Ranger Elite, Airborne Commando?

I have a series in mind
It's an old retro game which was a DOS game i believe and you play as an astronaut in a platformer game which had sequels. I remember it having no more than a few colors at best. The first game had you start on a moon with lunar structures and enemies, i remember it being a hard game. The sequel was the same astronaut but had you start somewhere on earth which was a pier of some kind with boat docks as platforms.
Another game which was also old started you as one of thoses rollerblade waitresses in a room with a giant cylinder in the middle of it, going from room to room to find macguffins to progress

Commander Keen maybe

Samurai Shodown (3 or later)

Startropics?

Definitely neither of those two games. Was there anything on the PC-Engine or the Master System that rings a bell?

'Twas a Gamecube game.

The title screen had a Trauma Center-esque faded image of a human chest with its beating heart visible. The game was about fusing creatures in tubes, or something along those lines. I watched a friend of mine play this game when I went over to their house in elementary school, and haven't been able to discover it since.

(and no, it wasn't Pokemon ecksdee or Sonic.)

It was a PS1 game
Kinda anime-ish
Took place in a fantasy world
You could play as a boy or a girl
Collect tokens or insignia's with fantasy animals on them to gain and use their powers
2-D sidescroller with 3-D graphics

That's all I can remember, if you find a video of the game like on youtube or some other site and put that in your post I'd greatly appreciate that as it would make it easier to identify the game instead of posting just the cover

Pandemonium.

I used to play a late 90s point and click adventure game with my uncle where some evil douche ghost escaped from a sealed well next to some kind of mansion or hotel or something and you had to find the pieces of the seal to stick the fucker back in the well. I specifically remember a part where you go into the kitchen and the ghost asshole starts throwing knifes at you and you needed a cutting board equipped to not die.

Funny you have a picture of Rugal there because that's pretty much how that cocksucker behaved.

Maybe you're on the wrong difficulty?

Shinobi, you fucking retard

Okay, so there's one game I've been looking for for ages. It's the same kind of "twin stick shooter" as Brigador and you controlled a hovercraft. I don't recall there being any customization and the game was called Vyrus or Virus or something like that. I only ever played the demo.

I remember playing this demo disc that had some game where you customize some type of dinosaur to do 1 v 1 arena fights and you could control the size of different parts like head, body and feet and do some stuff like give it fire breath and it played from a top down perspective. pretty sure it was a shit game but i never found it to actually play the full game because i played the shit around the time napster was popular

Definitely not that.

Monster Rancher

I had a Game Boy game that was a 2D side scrolling shooter that had you controlling a robot. The game was almost Galaga-esque in terms of gameplay.

The only thing I remember vaguely about it was the awesome chiptune music for the first stage. I never got past the first level.

It kills me that I, for the life, of me can't remember this fuckin' game, but I remember Toki Tori and Yogi Bear's fuckin Balloon Blast. Shit.

it wasn't boku no pico

was it side scrolling or bottom to top?

Side scrolling.

Star Saver?

Battle Unit Zeoth had a bitching first level theme but I wouldn't say it plays anything like Galaga aside from the scrolling.

syphoon filter.

Holy shit. I'm actually tearing up. That's the fuckin' game, user. Thanks, man!
This game probably fell into my backyard for all I know, I don't even know how I got it. 'preciate the help.

I remember playing (a lot) an old ass ..it would be a stretch to call it, but a strategy game? on the pc, like W95/98 era where you played some alien creatures that could get a lot of wierd weapon parts on their bodies like a saw, but an organic one, and the color palette was all bizzare, like they were yellow and the landscape was purple. Wasn't really huge scale either, you didn't control too many of them at once.

There was this 3D flying game for the PS2 where you flew around an arena with different real world aircraft, shooting stuff, upgrading your special weapon by picking up glowing things and collecting money they called "bux".
It was set up like a game show of sorts.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

WDL War Jetz?

That's what it was.
Thank you.

what game was it again?

Nights into Dreams?

Sonic 64

I was thinking of Superman 64 but it's actually impossible to fly through any rings in that game.

I can't remember, did the SNES version star fox (the character) have a cape?

:^)

Is this a meme I'm unaware of, or did you mentally block out Superman 64 to protect yourself?

Evolva.

I've got a doozy for you guys. This would have been 8-bit, and I really think it was the Atari although it could have been some 80s PC (def not the Commodore 64, I had one of those) with a controller or a Collecovision or somehting like that. Definitely NOT NES.
Anyway, I remember playing as a kangaroo, kicking boxes around to solve puzzles. I don't remember if there were enemies or not. Kinda….Bomberman-esque except you kicked boxes as a kangaroo.
Anyway, free bump for a good thread.

There's an old game literally called Kangaroo. Was it that?

I remember playing Super Metroid but it was in 3D.
oh that's just Metroid Prime
Prime 2 is better

It was a sci fi RTS that had walker like robots, the thing about the game was that you had a limited amount of money to get your units with and the only way to get more were buildings spread across the map. I think I played it on windows 95 if you want a frame of time.

I have two SNES cartridges with Secret of Mana on the front. One is actually a misprint. Instead of Secret of Mana, it has some 2D survival game similar to Abe's Oddysee or Heart of Darkness. The opening cutscene was a chase where I believe you have a hover bike and were running from robot police or something inside a giant forest. You elude them somehow, but crash. You then take control and move around forest which has machine patrols and electronic death traps scattered about. I don't believe the game's title ever appears on screen, the cutscene just immediately plays. I never got very far, I haven't had a working SNES in a very long time, and I still don't know what that game is. Can anyone name the game?

How much you think a misprint like this would be worth?

Flashback

a ps2 racing game where it's fuckin japanese and shit had circurt racing, retarded amount of collectiables and cutscenes as i recall you can buy, you do your gay time trial gay shit to get a spot then do the real race and you can press the boost to go fucking fast, not it's not FUCKING WIPEOUT

I've been trying to search for this shit c64 game, some kind of hybrid genre arcade game. In the first level, you had to catch parachute drops with a pickup truck. In the second level, you had to guide a spaceship, avoid moving objects and maybe shoot something. I never figured out what it was supposed to be about

was it lazy jones?

That's it!

Nah, Lazy Jones was mildly entertaining. This mystery game was bad. Never got past the second level, it was confusing. No music, not much sound, lots of black used in the backgrounds, minimalist 1-color sprites

I remember this game, I think it was a flash/shockwave game. It was a platform in which the setting was I guess a western and the main character was a rat or mouse with a poncho and sombrero.

Sounds like Golden Axe Warrior, which is a Zelda clone, but has nothing to do with Phantasy Star, and the Master System pad has no select button.

If it's not Cyber Sled, I'm stumped.

It's vaguely familiar, and it's not Boxxle, but I can't recall it. Most of my game experience in the eighties and nineties was arcade, and reading magazines. Didn't get a computer until 1998.

The thing I hate about these threads is that they make me think that most people are brain damaged, being unable to recall anything before the age of 12 with any clarity.

It was 2D with an isometric perspective.

Jungle Strike has what you describe.

Jungle Strike is a HELICOPTER game. Nothing like a hovercraft in it.

There are hovercraft you can fly in Jungle Strike, bro.

Negative, I remember Evolva well, this is older, and the camera was isometric.

Well, isometric is the wrong word. Just had a 2D camera.

Future Cop LAPD's versus mode

There was a game that I believe was on the ps1 that was like soccer but violent and your guys were armed with guns. I don't remember it being good but I just want to remember it.

I only played it once but what I remembered was that It was a giant green arcade cabinet with four players or more I think, where everyone played a fantasy class/race of people (Wizards, dwarves, knights and etc..) I remember fighting a giant red dragon boss in it and was a quarter eating bitch to kill, it had top downish view. It also had yellow or black title font I think.

Golvellius?

That wasnt it, it had more classic RTS gameplay. Cool game though

Found it, it was Reading Galaxy/Alien Tales

Gauntlet

Maybe it was V2000

I have semi-vague memories of playing a freeware shmup where the protagonist is a bee sometime during the early to mid 2000s.
Never got past the first stage but from what I can recall the game had some nice 16-bit spritework/backgrounds and an Amigaesque soundtrack, Chris Huelsbeck was also credited on the title screen for something.

Apidya

What is that game for SNES called where you play as a shirtless murmillo/spartan throwing knifes at werewolfs?

Super Ghosts n Goblins?

No, it was 2D but you walk around relatively slow and collected keys and shit.

Shadow of the Beast?

Thanks user

Nope, you played as a human.
The cover on the box had him strangling one of those werewolfs/vampires.

That might be one of the DnD beat em up arcade games.

Skip to about 7 minutes and see if that's your red dragon.

I have one, a computer game from the late 80's-mid 90's where you control a polygonal tank from a first or third person perspective ( I think you could switch it if you wanted) it had a distinctive powerup that would extent the wings on your tank and let you fly for awhile .

So this is an old PC game, i don't remember if was Real-time strategy or Turn-based strategy but it was in english and all the units were cartoon bugs, I don't remember the characters well but there were obviously ants and some grasshoppers that would throw rockets with their hands, i believe it had an isometric view and a very cartoony colorful style, last thing I remember was there some poison puddle hazards that made it difficult to move your units around the mundane maps, I remember there was a house bathroom map, if anyone remembers this game i will definitely shit my pants.

Probably Microsoft ants.

PS1 third person shooter set in the future, I think. you start in this building which looks sorta like a big tunnel and your first weapon is a machinegun with unlimited ammo, you can find other weapons like a flamethrower and some other shit that's kinda like the lightning gun from quake but it fires a yellow ray and their use is limited. the ammo and health counters are displayed in the bottom left but there's no numbers just a bar depleting.
last thing I remember is that at the end of said tunnel you'd get this chasm in front of you and there was an enemy in the building in front of you behind a bunch of glass and you and then you'd carry on to the right.
I thought it was die hard but it isn't.

Sounds like Apocalypse, which is almost like Die Hard because it had Bruce Willis in it.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy

fucking thanks, that was it, I knew bruce willis had to do with it, cheers

I want to say (Re)Loaded.

Nope, that's still not it.

Was it Lagoon?

It was either Battle Bugs or Swarm Assault.

transience.com.au/el/elgameo.html

not reloaded, it played kinda like a generic sports game with the exception of guns if that makes sense.

Ikari Warriors?

Major Stryker, played on a 3rd world computer screen?

Was it first person or third person? Was it a side scroller or a on rails like Star Fox or a space game where you can move anywhere?

Might be Gods.

This is the closest thing I've seen, I don't know how I never saw this with such an obvious fucking title. Damn, it's been so long I can't even 100% confirm it, but that color scheme is spot on.
Thanks, user. I can finally put that train of thought into the station for good.

Any of these?

That's correct.

Animal Quest.

No, however those two seem to come close.

Might be Dungeon Explorer.

Nope, all the ships were shaped by lines in a geometrical shape, 3D like, everything was redish, i think the ships were pure lines, nothing fancy.
I think it was third person, the gameplay was more like wing commander were you needed to do missions and then move to the next one.
The qt girl gave you info about stuff, but i dont remember what because i didnt understand english that well in highschool.

It might be Amazing Island. You do create creatures in tubes.

That's not it thanks for helping though.

It's either one of these but I think it might be the dark legacy one. The only problem is trying to find the original arcade cabinet that I remembered playing on. Thanks for helping me finding it out.

If the cabinet was pure green, it could have been some kind of conversion.

Anyone remember this turd?

Oh yes, Michael Bay's Rome. Wasn't a sequel supposed to be in the works?

Contributing.

I remember when this was announced as a Kinect game.

I'd this is it. The first weapon was a silenced pistol and there is an electrical station and subway in the first level.

Shame the story was convoluted.

I wonder if any user can remember this game?
I know the game's name, I'm going to withhold it just to torture someone.

You're probably right on that. I can't find anything that looks similar to what I played on.

Yep, it came in a games pack the fam got when they got a computer. From what i recall… it was interesting… that and easy.

I remember, I had it (and about 20 other 'modern' titles) sat in reserve on another drive for about 6 months before I got a decent enough gfx card to run them. Oh, dumb naivety.

It was a QTE hell, wet fart of a thing that so desperately wanted to be a film and so completely ignored the fact that the gameplay was a poor lift of Arkham mechanics tacked onto their 'FACIAL EXPRESSIONS' tech demos.

argh man, I used to love these games. No idea what it's called.

Pic related, how about this motherfucker?

Looks like it's made by Hamumu, the same people that made Loonyland. I'd guess that it's Dr. Lunatic.

Speaking of Loonyland, thanks for reminding me of it! Perfect time of year to replay it on the hardest difficulty and cry tears of blood.

eggbert

This is probably some shareware shit so any oldfags who remember this will be appreciated
Its some Deathmatch-type game (with split-screen) with character selection whose stats depends on its color, the lighter the color the weaker he is and vice versa. The game is located in an underground tunnel with all sorts of crazy weapons to try off the other player (e.g. guns that shoot clay to block off the player, floating mines, etc) with all those pixelated violence
It's not from the DOS-era if i remember, so its gotta be made in the early 2000s

Nah, not Ikari Warriors (or Guerilla War) , but it was in the same vein.
Kind of a run and gun shooter, a fair portion of it takes place in the jungle.
The one I played was the only one of its kind I've ever seen, and I've been in a lot of arcades.
Not knowing has been bothering me for almost 25 years, even if I can't emulate it, I would get some peace of mind just knowing what it is.

Caliber 50 by seta which also produced a helicopter game with a weird name that had bitchin music.

Your 25 year mystery is solved, you're welcome.
Ok

I vaguely remember playing a first-person DOS/early Win9x RPG(?) some 15 years ago.
It was on a demo disc from some old magazine that had trailers for the 1997 Blade Runner game along some other stuff published by Virgin interactive around that time, and there was a cartoon soldier amid the company/publisher logos on that disc.

That roach/bug spooked the shit out of me as a kid.

The orange sky would make me think it's one of the Ravenloft games but I don't think you ever started in a maze in any of those.

I'm not sure if it was really a "maze" since the level wasn't that big.
The game also wasn't tilebased and controlled similar to Doom/Wolfenstein, the Skeleton had next to no AI, and the text on the scroll at the beginning used pixelated Fraktur as a font.

Holy shit, that's the one!
Dude you are a fucking lifesaver.
Seriously, thank you.

speedyblupi

This is likely a longshot, but here goes. I've only ever seen it, and I really wanna play it if I can find it:

It was a PS2 game, played like an RPG with a cast of characters that started off small, like four people, and just kept growing into a small band. it was up to 10 people Before the guy I was watching play stopped playing the game. The graphics were pixel-based. The only mission I really remember is when three guys that got captured are about to be executed by being forced to fight in a gladiator ring, it doesn't quite work, so the guy overseeing it just get's the archers involved, and as that happens, the rest of your party shows up to rescue the three of you, one of which was a new party member that just appeared a mission ago. He was just tagging along as you were trying to do a breakout from your holding cell, at least, that's what you thought you were doing. I never actually saw the ending of that mission.

Vandal Hearts?

seems to be it. first level's intro isn't exactly how I remember it, but it's very close.