Is this the most fun movement in a game this year...

is this the most fun movement in a game this year? I imagine Mario Odyssey will have really fun movement too from what I've seen, but the sense of speed in the lunar style and how it integrates itself with the basic controls is great. Being able to switch between styles on the fly is great too.

lunar sliding kind of bothered me tbh but jumping around was fun as fuck.
jupiter sliding was alot of fun but other movement was annoying….. and normal mode was the most overall fun.
this game really gets down the "fun to move" aspect alot of games today are missing.

kat is best girl

NO, STOP MAKING THIS GAME LOOK BETTER THAN IT ACTUALLY IS, FUCK

Well, give me a PC port of the game and i'll tell you.

I'm just getting it now, little disappointed it took so long after playing the demo, the rocket jump is a blast. I love that feeling of swift movement.

buy a ps4 :^)

console exclusive developers, publishers and anyone who defends them deserve to burn to death

sadly since the game probably would have never got the funding or have been made without sony, it'll likely stay just like bloodborne and demon souls.

ravens extra missions were kinda gay, but i bought in on launch and got the platinum trophy thing. the infinite dungeon thing is kinda fun and features quite a few bosses that arent otherwise in the game. it gets legitimately frustratingly difficult though. i also really enjoyed kats very visible nipples.

yea, they should have just dont a kickstarter campaign for the funding :^)

Speaking of games with great movement, I recommend everyone give this classic masterpiece a try. You won't regret it.
I never had that much fun with a racing game before or since.

very anti-consumer, right? the worst thing ever.

the jazz singer dress makes them very visible in the right lighting conditions. She always looks great, I think.

can you describe it a little?

i've played this. its def not a realistic feel, but is alot of fun to control. i forgot about this game… does it run well on an emulator?

i kept her in a tank and short shorts most of the game… until the 2B outfit… that thigh bulge detail

One game that has great movement imo is SotC, the way Wander controls was way ahead of its time.

Sure. It's a sports bicycle racing game, complete with real sponsors and all, but there's a twist: It completely abandons realism in favor of fun. You get to beat up your opponents and do ridiculous superhuman stunts all day long, and you can even unlock animal mounts

Also, the game heavily rewards you for playing well and knowing the maps. There's no hand-holding shit. (That said, the AI isn't the best.)

it's sad how fun movement is rarely paired with an adventure game. it seems like an obvious winning combo.

I love the things you can do with Agro alone, even though a lot of it doesn't really have any consequences, it's just fun to be given a level of freedom with movement. Manipulating the physics during boss fights is some of the most fun ever in a game like that.

How the fuck are you supposed to grind enough gems to level up all the skills? I've already completed the game and I'm about 40k short.
Also, Raven is best girl but I want her to watch me fuck Kat.

stay mad pcfats

doing your treasure hunts? I don't think you're necessarily supposed to max out skills unless you really, really want to spend the time on it.

It barely moved any units, but I imagine each of them was very fun.

I haven't played the game much, but those "treasure hunt" missions you get from photos that appear in your in new section in the menu have respawning gems just floating around, and sometimes ridiculous amounts of them. You could easily just spend an hour straight running in circles to get loads without any trouble at all.

Just replay Chapter 19 up to the point of the boss fight, then quit and restart the level. You get about 2,000 gems per run.

They really need to make gems respawn. One of the best parts of that game is just floating around exploring the environment and collecting gems.

Ppl complained about the horse movement but I thought it was perfect. Just rebel enough to seem alive but not enough to feel out of control.

Does the game even use animations?
I remember reading somewhere that everything was done with IK, with the bone movement being set by the script itself

It does, just very simple ones. Its probably the best animated game out there, and you can look up the skeletons of the colossi and you'll be stunned at how simple they were. Most of the animations get their polish from how slow they are and all the details around them.

It does use IK liberally and to great effect for wander especially.

even with IK to avoid floor/wall collisions there still has to be animation as a base.

Is this a thread about good movement as a whole or gravity rush 2 specifically?how is it? I only played a part of the first and it was pretty alright

improved over the first one. runs at 30fps compared to the firsts 60fps on ps4, new mechanics are great, kat's cuteness is quadrupled, photo mode is great, and unfortunately due to its lack of success the online features are slated to be shut down. bit of a shame but it would be a good idea to get onto it soon. You can also import a lot of outfits from the first one, which is great, provided you have PS4 save data for it. Combat is great though. I love how you can parry projectiles and each style has its own unique traits to it that make feel highly dynamic.

the new areas are beautiful, and the physics effects are insanely detailed, I've only noticed a few framedrops from 30 to maybe about 24-26 at brief moments, but watching massive amounts of debris swarm around and vaccuum towards you while you gravity slide around them is a tremendous show of graphical fidelity.

If you have a PS4, there's a free demo, it's short but if you don't hop through the missions ASAP you'll have quite a bit to play with in the sandbox.