Fuck this game. I'm not even mad about the music or weak story...

Fuck this game. I'm not even mad about the music or weak story, I get that this game has different values than the original. What pisses me off is that the original already had solutions to problems in this game. The lack of experience share royally fucked me when Lao left the game, the UI loses all the conveniences that the original had (looking up what stats do and when you cap on them) and the overhauled combat with classes and combos and shit goes to waste once you get skells which lack the depth of ground combat and are expected to use them the rest of the game.

/blogpost

xenoblade X chronicles is a single player MMO

that alone is a reason not to play it

Isn't Dragon's Dogma a single player MMO too?

Yeah but Holla Forums likes that.

Dragon's Dogma is good even after Capcom tried to kill it.

Can't say. I haven't played it.

What MMO has gameplay like Dragon's Dogma?

Nope, it's a single player RPG.

No, Dragon's Dogma is an Action RPG

t. people who have never played DD

This game has to many stupid design choices, how did they think this shit was a good idea?
They throw party members at you and don't level them, its bad enough that most are forgettable as fuck. I talked so some random npc and he was apart member I forgot I had. This game was retarded.

I had a single level 30 skell and beat the final boss while being underlevelled. You're more powerful outside the skell than you are in it.
The game was ruined by being rushed. The game is glitchy, the sound mixing is garbage and every time you fly in a skell it plays the flying theme from the start. There's a decent game hidden under the shit, but if the game is annoying you now it won't get any less annoying.

No. FFXII is though.

I've been playing Xenogears lately, and I'm actually surprised how well it holds up so far. Shame they had to shitcan the second half of the game and patch the remaining bits up with bits of string and scotch tape.

Shame they had to kill the best girl in the first few minutes. I heard she was originally supposed to run away with Fei and be his traveling waifu, but some faggot on the dev team wanted to push the shitty romance with Elly - so instead of giving the player a choice, they just killed her off.

She never got to wear her wedding dress.

Alice was going to get married to some other guy anyway.

Naw, he was always planned to die in the attack, and they do their best to make it obvious that Alice would rather be with Fei. Dan even tried to get you to run off with her.

I think its just me and my shit taste but despite the game being a mess in certain areas, especially the broken as fuck infinite overdrive, I genuinely had fun with the game. The open world was an absolute blast to explore, especially when you fly over it in a skell. Which takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long the get the flying module I guess the game just didnt appeal to you user. You should have looked into it more before playing otherwise you would have known what you were in for.

I thought an entire subplot about the game was going to be about the little shit, such as him getting stronk as shit and him possibly becoming your rival or super evil, maybe perhaps your party member at some point, it got me hyped af. At that point I even thought he was Id, but no, the game just abandoned him entirely soon after. It felt like a complete waste. Was it planned for him to have more importance to the story too or what?

You're not alone, user

I tried running it on CEMU but it kept crashing at the same part right at the beginning. I just started playing Xenoblade 1 on the dolphin and so far I'm finding it mediocre. Battles are either a curb stomp or overly tense as you carefully work with moves in a specific order. Most of the time it's the former.

Mechs saved it.
Before getting one it was indeed painful and boring offline mmo with the only redeeming factors being graphics and music.
But once you get your mech it turns into SRW the JRPG.
Every weapon you choose is properly displayed on model and can be used in combat separately, it was fucking amazing.
It got the closest to my dream mech RPG I had since Xenogears. Robots themselves looking ace helped a lot too.

Well you can only reliably play XBX on Cemu 1.7.2c. Other versions have freezes and bugs.
Also get transferable cache somewhere, it will mostly remove stuttering.

I have the newest version 1.9 something. I have so many games to play since I started emulating GCN and Wii that I'll hold off on XBX. I mean, it's not an online game so there's no need to hurry.

Cemu switched to be Zelda emulator shortly after 1.7.2.
Fucking kikes.

it takes so long to load the shader cache for BoTW I'm just gonna wait until they find a better way to run the emulator. That or I need to get a beefier computer.

Mario kart 8 worked pretty well.

I don't care about zeldo but seeing how XBX being much larger and prettier game didn't have this issue, I bet it won't be fixed anytime soon.

There's one mech actually locked behind online mode related stuff, but it's the only one you can't custimoize. Basically just makes grinding not a chore. I think some special costumes are too, but whatever. You've got tools to hack it in probably.

The only problem I remember running into was the game chugged/crashed when I fired an inhuman number of diskbombs.

How much is a used Wii U these days? If you can get a really cheap one it's almost worth it buy one and hack it to be able to play the games in a possibly less shit manner. But you really have to like first party Nintendo games and Platinum.

You can't reward shitty business practices and proprietary software. I wouldn't even buy one second hand. I'd rather see that WiiU tossed into a garbage bin than pay a single cent for it. I sincerely hope you don't buy consoles based purely upon their exclusive tittles.

Proprietary software/hardware is truly the work of the most hooked nosed kikes alive. I'd happily give 10 holocausts to get rid of such practices.

It was my MISSION to get and play the shit out of that game at that point, and boy was I right to do so.

I wholeheartedly reccomend the game to any anons who like mecha games as long as you can wait 47 hours go get your first mech and then 86 hours to get the flying module.

Why else would you buy them?

Why indeed.

Youre both retarded, I have a wiiu which i bought second hand. But the special thing ive done with it was giving it CFW.

Now i can play practically any non 3ds/swtich nintendo game out there due to the CFW having a built in emulator. I could play games such as TTYD, banjo kazooie, any pokemon up to black/white, the origional WW or WWHD, or any game that came out currently on the wiiu along with updates and DLC. Its fucking amazing. I managed to play BOTW 3 days before it even fucking released for fucks sake thanks to it getting leaked early on Holla Forums.

I 100% recommend getting a wiiu for its CFW which takes about 20 mins tops to install on there btw if you dont want to emulate games on the PC, which you guys most likely would already. But hey, its your choice.

But boy is this game unfinished.
For however much content it has, there was planned so much more. Several wreckage cities rather than one, Elma's past story arc about her and her bf who presumably died during humanity's escape, black knight actually appearing in game and not in just post-credits cut-scene.
It's more unfinished than Xenogears.
Also "offline MMO" thing with quest board and online-only bosses and missions is Jewtendo's meddling, just as censorship and cucked translation.
Elma was going to be a main character, like Fei or Shion or Shuld, not some custom made silent protagonist.
Combat is love or hate, it works for mechs better than humans, but I can still totally relate to people hating it with passion.

XBX could be so much more than just offline MMO, it could have been a savior of JRPGs i general and Xeno saga in particular.
It's all nintento's fault. Good god I never bought nintendo anything, and never will, used or otherwise.

Its almost exactly like what happened to dragons dogma. A potentially fucking amazing game got completely neutered by a company who is owned by the kikes of the east.

Fuck nintendo, capcom and konami. Half of this industry needs to burn to the fucking ground already.

Hey at least DD wasn't censored and meme'd up.
And you can play it a whatever fucking framerate your PC is capable of.
And mod it.
And rent lolis in it.
It's nowhere near as fucked as Xenoblade.

am i missing something ?

Yeah, XBX's quest system is that of an MMO and you can play it offline. Ergo offline MMO.
DD also has that, but on much smaller scale.
There is also DD Online game, which is actual MMO.

Single player mmos are some next level cancerous shit

How many games actually get everything put in them thats planned for them? Deadlines are a thing you know. I mean shit remember all the stuff Halo 2 was supposed to have? Its a shame for sure but its just what happens, theres only so much you can do before you run out of time.
**the memes are definitely nintendo's fault though.

These don't happen. Once you kill 10 bear asses you instantly get your reward. And usually with quests like that you take all of them at once and just complete them without even paying attention to them while doing the main quest or side quests that arent garbage.

Either most of them or none of them, we will never know.

That's a still mmo-style of questing. Sorta? I mean I don't play actual fucking MMOs, that was just my guess.
Combat is also supposedly similar to mmos, but then again I dunno. I'm not huge fan of Xenoblade combat.

I'd say very few. I'd also say that a good majority of games with good sequel probably were unfinished when released and all the stuff they couldn't finish in time would went into the next one.

Quests like kill 10 things or collect 5 things arent specific to MMOs. Quests like that are in tons of games. Not saying they aren't lazy but whatever, they're just there for padding. As for combat xenoblade's is kind of like an MMO i guess. However I'd say the feel of movement is nothing like an MMO and the map is far more fun to explore. I'd also say its a bit more difficult than MMOs.

Oh dont forget the abysmal load rates casing enemies to pop in right in front of you. This is with the add ones that are supposed to load shit faster.

It's still amazing how this game even runs on WiiU, even if at 720p 30fps

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Monolith themselves scrap a lot of ideas when they decided to make it an online game? And also the series they would make in their usual Episodic style? Kind of reminds me all the shit planned for Xenogears and Xenosaga before that fell apart.

I'm not sure if it is just the English VA, the translation or what, but Elma is the blandest fucker. Her being the main might help a bit, but it wouldn't solve many of the issues with her character. Even Sion at the start of Xenosaga was more interesting than her.

I played with undub, so I dunno how her english VA is, but Elma is a deliberate Mary Sue without being edgy or overpowered. She's a moral compass for the entire cast, including shoehorned protagonist.
If you're into gimmicks and lolies, like most people here, of course you wouldn't like her, but I like my vanilla Saber clones.

Are you fucking serious?

My entire squad was taking down those enemy mechs with regular weapons for hours before that cut-scene, what's the problem?