How do the old guard of videogames journalism feel about the state of their business today?

How do the old guard of videogames journalism feel about the state of their business today?

[1998]
[CURRENT YEAR]

Surely being Jeff Gerstmann is suffering at this point?

They are the numale soyboys.
Jeff Gerstmann is a huge cuck.

This picture and that caption is actually there on Giant Bomb's wikipedia page.

Jeff should have died a hero during the Kane & Lynch scandal, but instead he chose to live long enough to betray gamers during Gamergate. He's been a shell of a man ever since.

From chosen to cuck, what a miserable life.

Jeff wearing his best Angry pablo cosplay

Gerstmann is no different from the rest of the journos nowadays. After Davis died, he died with him on the inside and now he's just the same as everyone else, making hmmming sounds every time he or one of the others sees something they think is toxic instead of laughing at how dumb that shit is. Without Ryan there was no one who could keep up with his sense of humour or bounce back the joke so he just stopped doing it because it would often just lead nowhere because everyone would just give a short laugh and be silent. Good example is Vinny who used to be described as casually racist and used to cat call every female character and comment on how sexy or ugly they are. Now he refers to other players with a singular they when he plays PUBG in their latest series of "streamer bait games being played badly" and talks about "problematic" aspects of games when he sees a female character that isn't strong and independent.

Giantbomb used to be cool. They used to do what they wanted and tried new shit instead of what someone else wanted and then they changed and now they try to do what's hip instead of doing their own niche. I think they got lazy. All new video features have been lazy and clearly given barely any thought (see Bring you B-game for example) and it doesn't help that with the premium member shit they built a massive echo box where people are afraid or refuse to think the staff of the site can do anything wrong so when someone says that something's not good they just get brushed away as trolls. The site just lost its soul when Ryan died and every time they hire another person it just gets worse. Dan was ok as long as Jason was there to keep him on a leash but Abby, the new diversity hire who I'm confident doesn't actually play video games at all in her spare time, and Ben, who tries way too fucking hard to be funny and fails so badly, are just god awful. I thought they hired Abby to be production staff yet she's on screen in every single fucking video they make it seems.

What the fuck is a soyboy?

Not even once.

He did it to himself OP. He had the potential to be as much of a game-loving life-living guy as Ryan Davis but he drank too much koolaid. Now he's a shell of a husk of a zombie of his former self. I haven't looked at or gone to anything Giant Bomb related in a few years and I haven't missed anything. Even Ryckert himself was cucked last time I checked.

And Vinny. Oh god oh god poor Vinny. How the mighty italian has fallen. I don't even know who Ben and Abby are and I honestly couldn't be happier to be away from their shit opinions.

Anyone know of groups similar to early GB that don't feel the need to insert their political agenda into every judgment on every game? Or at the very least aren't taking a massive bluepill dildo up their asses with every word they speak.

You fuckers leave Dan alone, he's the only thing there not fucking dead inside at this point. Even Vinny seems to have given in to the nothing. I wonder why Drew left exactly, not like they haven't kept the swinging door of hirees going.

I can hardly stand their shit any more even on youtube, they have some devote set of faggots that preemptively cheerlead about how great and wonderful all this change is and hogshit. I expect they're either like you say hugbox idiots paying for that shit or outright CBS people. CBS was a mistake, SadFagtastic was a mistake and Jew York was a mistake.

n64 was never good

Ryan's death hit him too hard.
How can one even live?

I guess you're right there, I've seen him get a hair up his ass about anything too toxic and masculine in games before, seems off. It really is hardly worth even watching any quick looks at this point.

They went from paid shills to middle-aged nobodies who want to make a differences by making vidya the next politicize bullshit.

Dan Ryckert is a strange anomaly. Perhaps his childs mind emits a field that lets him stealth under the radar, or perhaps he is a just an echo in our timeline because his life seems to follow rules the rest of us can never experience.

I do feel like he's the only one that could potentially be salvaged at this point, were that at all a possibility. Vinny possibly, Drew? Who knows, he's off on some spirit quest or something.

The worst was that fucker Alex. Even worse than that patrick kuck who now 'signal boosts' for polygon about how 'its time toxic males admit DmC is the best devil may cry'. Even worse than him Alex Navarro is a contrarian fuck that probably took interpretive dance at college on the downlow and sits on butt plugs to relax. Hes a poz tier monster who hates videogames and was the entry for shit like polycuck to even get into the industry.

Drew just wants to be Big Boss, we can all relate.

probably got the idea from Dans Heel phase.

Bring back essayists.

Wait, what? Why? That controversy wasn't about politics. It's like they're deliberately antagonizing their target audience.

I 100% believe that Alex is to blame for what happened to Vinny. Nice guys with moderate and ill-defined tastes and opinions are the easiest to corrupt with baby-food rhetoric. I'd hoped when Klepcuck left it would allow discussion to return more to the games and the mechanics/specifics thereof, as well as a return to form on how horrible Brad is at them and will always be, but no. No, double down is all people on the wrong side of history do.

Strangely Brad may be saved by his dota addiction. Maybe thats all it takes to avoid full brainwashing, just have a passion for something. Even something as base as dota or taco bell and wrestling.

Could you explain user? IMO ASSFAGGOTS is casual cancer and part of the big-picture problem with video games. It it simply that because he's addicted to playing the same game basically the same way every time it means he'll always at least defend games as a whole?

Any form of sincere joy for vidya without going 'hmm, is this offending anyone' no matter how gross the vidya is some retained purity of love for videogames.

Too bad most of the GS old crew went cucked or into hermit.

The only good people left are people who were willing to support GG.

We'll always have the weird mailbags.

I used to think Jeff was OK, and was only nominally shitlib to cover his ass, but he is the one hiring Topkek, Nigger, Soyboy, and Ugly Kikess, so fuck him.