Why does nobody ever mention how bad the Xbone is?

Why does nobody ever mention how bad the Xbone is?

How did they get away with releasing some that feels like the buggiest entry tier family pc like this? It barely functions and when it does every console i have ever played does the same shit better. Its like its bloated beyond belief trying to load adverts and shill stuff to the user before loading the ability to do anything. What a colossal shitshow.

Did you actually know it was this bad? i always knew it was failing in the exclusives department but i had no idea function wise it was such unmitigated trash as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/xbox-one-architecture-explained-runs-windows-8-virtually-indistinguishable/
archive.is/Afwxw
store.steampowered.com/app/485510/Nioh_Complete_Edition___Complete_Edition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user, please. It's like you weren't even alive in the 1980s and 1990s.

I think you are understating this. It is a videogame console whos games regularly crash on start up. Like more failure than success. Thats ridiculous even for their standards.

Because nobody is dumb enough to buy an xbone and Holla Forums only know about it because Holla Forums researched about it.
There are faggots that admitted to buying one though and they probably are ashamed enough to only mention it on the off chance that a random discussion veers towards xbone

i've never used an xbone and i don't know anybody who has. (I don't think i even know anybody who knows anybody who has used an xbone)
so thanks OP this is fairly entertaining to read.

some of us lived through 98, vista, and xp, so we are familiar with a microsoft that sells products that cannot perform their core requirements

Nope, 360 did that too.
Because there's one console alternative that isn't much better.

EVERY console is much better than this. Every single one. Even the Ouya. Drink that shit in.

They're all bad but not Xbone bad, that guy saying they are not much better is making a huge overstatement.

What do you mean? Microsoft is fully committed to great gaming experiences by patching already wonderful games. They even made Mighty No. 9 almost play decently on Xbox One, years after it came out! Truly the best company and console.

And by play I mean run. There's a significant difference between the two.

Do you really want to keep digging the rotting corpse?

I have been playing games since the NES and have owned every console since and i can sincerely say nothing comes close to this level of failure rate, basic function lag and inability to work as the xbone. Nothing comes close. The PS4 is a goddamn dream compared to it. The only thing remotely comparable is a current state launch ps3 that is running on fumes and can barely run its store without crashing. But even then the issues above dont happen.
Its a shocking travesty that people buy this and get their brand loyalty shill on to defend it. I thought it was just slightly shittier but its like bragging to people eating human food that your can of dog food is the best eating experience. You have to wonder if these people dont know any better.

I mean shit pic related, there are people who spend every day of their lives making videos online about how its the best hardware ever made when a early 2000's windows xp computer was more reliable for videogames.

I despise everything about that fuck in the OP, he has one of the worst shit eating grins I've ever seen in my life where it looks like he thinks he could get away with murder in broad daylight, and I wish I could see the other timeline where he didn't get the boot in 2013. Xbox One would be even shittier than it already is and we'd still be getting Kinect games, probably.

Mine works fine. Sounds like a jet engine even after it's been cleaned, but it works fine.

Because nobody has one

The sad part is we all know this isn't true. Just like there are anons who have had their cawadoodys preorders for months and put 100+ hours into ass erect andromeda there are anons that live in the shame closet and bought an xbone day one and just keep it on the downlow. I know it, you know it.

They are here, now. All around us.

Is Microsoft is a position where all of their projects besides Windows OS and their Office software to go with that OS are total financial failures? If a real competitor for PC operating systems came up, they would be in serious trouble.

Think about it. Really. All those hyper casuals that want a button to skip gameplay, that love walking simulators and think 'like this halo pic if you had an awesome childhood! xD'?

They are on Holla Forums as well. This is no secure bastion of antiquity. They surround us on all sides.

I have never seen anyone on Holla Forums ever try to refute how garbage it is. No shills, no fanboys, nothing. Hell, the only time anyone talks about the xbone here is about how shit it is and those are rare threads. I'd go so far as to say Evolve gets more talk about it than the xbone. That should clue you in to how shit it is.

Most of that is true. The OS is so glitchy that it blocked my ability to download and play digital 360 games. When I bought Cuphead the other day, it glitched and won't download digital games at all. The system is so glitched, and it needs updates all the time.

Speaking of walking sims, I logged into my 360 to finish up some of my backlog, and one of the free games for this month for xbone is gone home.

Why do you still own one? I'm totally serious here. If i bought one of these myself i would probably be super pissed and feel like i was scammed.

Because nobody here plays it.

Good god.

I bought one to play Sunset Overdrive, and other games I couldn't play elsewhere. I already had a PS4, and planned on selling the Xbone after I was done with it, but it sits on my desk.

Honestly its probably not going to worth anything for much longer. They are already crashing in price and that next water cooled shitshow is on the way to crash it with no survivors.

and fuck one of these but going full steambox? thats gonna be a shitshow.

MS products were at least somewhat competent in the 80s and 90s. Nuwindows is a fucking abomination after W7. Their consoles were always trash, including the original Xbox. Xbone is an electronic abortion being sold at a loss by clueless retards, which says even more about the kind of people that actually bought one.

Yeah, it "gives" you gone home. Don't forget that you have to keep the subscription up to keep it. Sony does that too, but at least the games give you are occasionally good(unless its a vita). I have legit never seen a good "free" game for the xbone, even by the normalfag's definition of "good".

I thought on XBONE you got to keep the game even if the SUB went away.

People bought Xbox for Halo and Halo 2. Didn't care about any other games.

Nope. That's the 360.

top jej

Galo was always shit anyway.

better than most PC shooters at least

Most people forgot it even exists.

yeah it's a really irrelevant platform. Not worth discussing unlike the PS4 which people feel a strong sense of insecurity about its growing library of exclusives.

Don't you mean growing library of multiplats?

Can't have multiplats if the only other thing it runs on is a brick.

0/10

there's doom and quake, quake is a bit simple but it's satisfying. the rest aren't really worth the time tbh, first person shooters are a brain dead and vapid genre otherwise. halo games are a step up compared to them.

I'd be mad too if I wasted my money on a PS4.

sad little boy, don't be so envious of others who have more money than you.

Nothing to be envious of.

then don't be so angry all the time, it just reeks of envy.

Why would I be angry, I didn't buy a PS4.

why do you think people who bought PS4's would be angry? They have all those games you want first.

PS4 has no games I want.

that's nice, you should try not to talk about it so much then. Makes you sound a little obsessive.

You fucks are so insecure you see everyone as an aggressor, out to hurt your fave brand

Holy fucking shit.

see? very angry. Don't be like that. You're too easy to play.

All consoles are shit.
Consoles outlived their purpose over a decade ago.

Holy shit you're retarded, I shouldn't expect much less from someone who brought a PS4 I guess.

bought, not brought ;)

This whole conversation is buyer's remorse 101

what gives you that idea?

That's a good meme, borrowing it.

This. There's no reason for there be any more consoles, they're just locked PCs at this point, capable of only doing about a quarter of what a PC does. Their only contribution to gaming is encouraging devs to casualise their games further and then use marketing to try and get you to buy the chunk of shit for exclusives, that will either go multiplat anyway or you'll get to play them through an emulator.

The worst thing is that those heavily shilled exclusives then often turn out to be shit. I emulated a 3DS not too long ago and of course went for Fire Emblem and Devil survivor. I figured I wouldn't get a masterpiece on a handheld, but I did expect to get more than something equivalent in depth to a bigger flash game from 2010.

use it in the next nioh thread ;)

Handhelds hold value.

they aren't PC's silly, they're consoles. Very different things with very different purposes. x86 might throw you off, but why should it? You didn't call a gamecube a locked down mac, did you?

And PC is nothing but broken console ports and denuvo. It's all shit. The industry should be dead but it's kept on life support by brainless fuckwads that will buy anything and poor saps looking for gems in a manure pile.

If given the opportunity to focus on something I don't like or something I do like, I'd choose to focus on the thing I like more often than not.

(checked)
I think android is eventually going to take over for windows. Tablets are fetting more and more powerful, and the moment a company ensures it will auto play windows games ms is finished.

The industry hates ms. They have tanked pc sales because no one wants their software. Ms won't let companies use older software.

This is Holla Forums, I'm pretty sure we done even like PC gaming, you think anyone bought latest gen consoles?
normalfags

Maybe while we're on the topic, there's all those people who were on shows like the tester, they're geeks who think everything shit out by a studio is great, and they have followings, but they're too small to defy their corporate masters. I'm trying to figure out a concise way of referring to these people, these tv geeks, and a good way to properly explain why I hate them more than I hate life

I don't visit threads of games named after a retard's laugh noises.

The worst part about the Xbox One failing is that Sonyniggers are walking around with bleeding assholes from how bad Sony is fucking them, and still acting like they're somehow king shit because their videogame box has sold to 30 million more retards than the competition.

microsoft
and yet retards STILL buy their shit
and funny thing yet, other platforms arent better. its all shit. Just pirate, emulate and crack their shit
BRING THIS INDUSTRY DOWN

I basically hear nothing about Xbone in general, probably because there is nothing to talk about, it's a fucking nothing system. Who really gives a shit honestly?

I did not know any of this.

How the mighty have fallen. They went from having a supremely dominant console in the Xbox 360 to failing this hard. There was a time when I actually thought they could pull their asses out of the fire, but now not so much.

taking the opposite policies of xbox one has pretty much left the ps4 has the only competent platform worth owning for the past two years.

I think you mean "no mods because having external assets means having to do QA testing for each and every one of them"

Whatever happened to all that power of the cloud bullshit or whatever they marketed it as? Didn't they have at least one game coming that was riding on that?

it's been great having PC gaming pretty much give up since 2007 but having millions of retards flock to it thanks to microsoft pushing the master race meme

i think it was a forza game but it was too expensive to rely on

user, Clouds are made of vaporware.
Also, kind of ironic terminology they chose to market so heavily on, considering how man "Xbox Exclusives" are being released on Steam.

microsoft realized the exclusive meme wasn't worth pursuing by keeping PC gamers tied to windows anyway, so they win either way. Xbox is a console for people who buy their desktops from walmart but want their games anyway. People actually think Sony is stupid for bailing on the crossplay meme when obviously microsoft only wants in it to get more control over the market.

I don't how it does anything other than hurt their brand. Developers are going to look at the console's sales numbers when deciding what systems they want to develop their new games for, so anything that allows players to get those Xbox games on the PC and skip out on buying Xbox hardware is only going to hurt their sales figures and make developers less likely to want to put their games on the system. I mean, Jap devs are putting their games on the PC in record numbers these days - but they don't put them on the Xbox, even as digital only titles to avoid the costs of physical releases. Why not? Because the Xbox sold like shit there. I think there's actually been weeks where a few people returned units and the weekly sales went into the negatives.

If they could get the Windows 10 Store up an running, that'd be one thing… but between the Win 10 Spyware bullshit and the Windows Marketplace being a GFWL 2.0 dumpster fire - that's not likely to happen. Microsoft just can't handle media platforms. They just shut down Groove this week because surprise, surprise, nobody fucking used it. It's was Zune all over again without the iPod hardware ripoff. So they end up having to put their games on the Windows Store just to make sales - and third parties are bypassing them altogether to just sell directly through Steam or their own storefronts.

I really don't see how they're going to turn this around.

Fucked that up.
"The end up having to put their games on Steam, just to make sales".

they don't care about the games releasing on steam. They want that. They have the ease of porting thing down with dx12. They just want you on windows or Xbox. Win7 support is dropping like a rock across the board for devices now.

Yeah, but a game that's sold on the Xbox makes Microsoft roughly 12% of the sale in royalty fees. If it's sold through the Windows Store/Xbox Store - they get ANOTHER 30% distribution fee. So if a game releases on Steam, then (unless the title is an MS first party title) they're giving away up to 40% of that sale. Meanwhile, you don't need Xbox Live to play games sold through Steam - or at least, Xbox Live on the PC is free, because they can't charge for that shit when customers have the option to say no. So that's another what… $60~120 per account they're losing?

Yay… it boosts Windows 10 adoption. Good for the Windows 10 team, I guess, but they're having to throw the Xbox division under the bus to do so. And that's the point… it's not good for the Xbox brand. It might be good for Windows… or even Microsoft as a whole, in a more round-about fashion, but Xbox is dying.

Xbox brand has been going under a restructure as of late, which is why they are integrating it into their PC model. It's likely going to get a soft "relaunch" as a living room platform, better integrating PC entertainment features in an attempt to re-establish market dominance. Sony being more competitive than them puts Sony in a position where they need to stay on the offensive. Microsoft is using cheap tactics like sewing bad faith in them with Sony turning down the cross-play offer.

Microsoft having you using their OS, especially Windows 10 is far more valuable to them than you buying 10 Xbox One's.

Why the hell woud you connect a console through wifi?

Darn, I was hoping to see them at least make an attempt, even if it were a trainwreck.

Not sure what they were thinking to begin with, if any of it wasn't just hot air. I still remember that E3 where they dragged that engineer out like they had his family somewhere, talking about how hard he was working on it.

It turns out Holla Forums helped games become shit after all.

I connect the 360 I got used off Craigslist through wifi simply because I didn't want to bother setting up another Ethernet cable (I have way too many hooked up already) and I'm not going to pay for XBL so I'm not playing online. Just getting updates, no latency concerns there.

Would you rather have had Games For Windows Live become the dominant digital distribution platform for PC gaming instead of Steam? I'd say things turned out better than the alternatives would have.

You forgot

Just get a switch and mount it behind your TV, that way you only have one cable actually going out and leading to your router and everything else is connected to the switch with a short and tidy 3ft cable. They're only like, 20 bucks.

I hope they do something about the Windows Store, that shit never works. I've never been able to download Gears 4.

Shills, get out!

>Crackdown 3 announced three years ago
We're reaching the half-way point of Duke Nukem Forever level here.

Born in 1990. Grandpa calling this "pepsi generation".

Why does nobody ever mention how bad shit smells like?

The whole of MS is a gigantic dumpster fire. Pretty much everything outside of Windows has failed, and even W10 is an abject failure they tried to sell as a "service" to people so they wouldn't have to develop a new OS anymore. And, really, it's no surprise. The company is headed by a currynigger that only wants to hire more curryniggers, Office is under the thrall of a vagina and everything else is bogged down by so much red tape and bureaucracy they basically keep shit together with spit and duct tape. Hell, the code for all their shit is so bloated with legacy stuff that no one really has any idea how it works (because they keep reshuffling people or they simply quit) even the simplest of tasks take a herculean effort.

and what cancerous sister industry for normalfags is responsible for that?

Just like in russia. M$ rerally filled with larping communist crowd.

PC couldn't compete due to a lack of a first party, so expensive games with lots of innovation had to get exclusivity deals to minimize loss/failure. PC was and still is too small to justify major investment on except in very safe genres/platforms.

< small
Christ consolefags are cancer
Its more the console market blew up in size and attracted a shitty market of me too copies and business "safe" games.
Yeh its smaller than console market but its still pretty bloody big.

ah yes, pc gaming is bigger than the entire population of the earth. Stop sending me your worst, plebeian race.

25 billion computers.
Everyone worthwhile has access to one in one way or another, so how is it not a small market, or unprofitable?

25 Billion

DOLLARS

Fuck off kid, its past your bedtime

He meant dollars you stupid fuck. Also, the PC market is bigger than any single console, it's only when you lump the XBox, PS4 and whatever Nintendo has got that you a bigger marketshare, and only barely.

You're kinda dumb, kid.

WEW

the 360 got it's edge during last gen cus it was easyer to pirate for than the PS3, thus sold way more units in third wourld countries and devs looked at those instal base numbers when deciding who to code for, it didn't help that the PS3 was so much harder to work with, most devs and gamers jumped ship to the easyer and cheapest alternative
BUT I STILL NEITHER FORGET NOR FORGIVE THE RRD
everyone could see this dumpster fire a mile away and nobody touched it with a 10 foot pole
those who did get an Xbone were likelly to ashamed to talk about it in any way that would give away the fact that they got Xboned to other Holla Forumsirgins
I could tell it was bad just looking at it from the outside
i never thought it'd be that bad on the inside too

while i understand why would someone make that statement i'm asuming your list of owned consoles did not include gems like the CDI, 3DO or the Atari Jaguar…
is the Xbone really worse than those 3?
I know games wise they at least have some playable multiplats but it couldn't possibly have more issues than the Jag

So you shouldn't, rejoice in the fact that RRD guaranteed the MS entertainment division never pulled a profit.

You can argue that steam is a lesser evil but the best alternative would not involve steam, games for windows, or anything like them.

That why alternatives clients/stores exist plus piracy.
Steam got too big for the consumers own good, theres no denying it unless you're a Valve shill or retarded Redditor.
But GFWL would have centralized everything on the platform and probably give anyone trying to compete technical problems out of the most used OS, Microsofts own proprietary one.

If GFWL was the standart it would have been much worse than Steam.
I mean, GFWL on PC in the beginning was a paid service for fucks sake.
They tried to make you pay for online play twice, on the shittiest service imaginable.

You know, while some people argued that the platform could have seen better games with Microsoft supporting during the 360 age, in retrospect, I'm glad Microsoft focused on the 360 like it did.

Fuck em kikes

consolewars shitthread?

Japanese gaming culture is strictly rooted in consoles, there's your answer why PC gaming is always a step behind. You said it yourself: pc cucks have to live off ports, in some cases well a decade old. And the native games have been casualized to hell and back, over the years: see Blizzard. So long, experimentation of the 90s like your reddit favorites deus fag and evil computer shock.

When they call you out for championing the mustard race, they aren't playing your little infantile game of what toy is best. They are just aware that your tiny little answer, "cuz pc is strongest and can get everything emulated!", is severely limiting to someone who enjoyed gaming through all its history.

Learn, shitty manchild: when someone shows you a good game on a console, stop making up excuses that someone it isn't true and pc is better. Just aknowledge and live with it.

Damn, hes really mad now
Look at him trying to scratch the surface of a platform he hasn't touched in years to make himself feel better.

He did the bare minimum research on the platform, probably through IGN, I'll give him that at least.

Yeah! There's never been one original, highly successful game on PC that wasn't a console port!
How's Path of Exile: Console Edition working out for you?

Steam might be too big for their own good, but they're opening up gaming on Crapple Mac and Linux so they at least get some credit for that.
That they've managed to put out some of the dumpster fire that is Linux gaming with their own version of Debian no less, and got manufacturer driver performance fixes is noteworthy.

It gives at least one loungeroom alternative to a console even if its using a xbox controller to game.

Path of Exile is shit go play Grim Dawn

I can tell you who won't be playing Grim Dawn.
396ac1

Speak for yourself, I got mine for JSRF, Sega GT 2002, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Shenmue 2, Sega single-handedly sold that system for me.

I just saddens me that with all the money they have they could make ventures to make the hobby and platform better and still make tons of money out of it and instead we get absolute trash because they simply don't care.

Because it's trash, no one cares about trash. Trash is discarded before anyone even gives enough of a shit.

I have a switch and three games, and yet I still have more fun than my dipshit friend who bought a Bone because "bro don't you remember last generation bro".
Yeah, last generation still had competent development teams.

They've made their own game market with distribution and updates hub, with social integration for joining someone else's game. Borderlands had a nifty way of dropping into steam friends or chatroom buddies' games. I don't think its sad, but as you say it could go further and better.
Don't mention paid mods.

I wish that Portal on PS3 opened up Steam interface permanently instead of only when you run the game. But then Sony have made themselves clear on what multiplayer they allow - fuck all.

343 had more of a hand in killing halo sales than bungie.

Wasn't the OGXbox better in performance than the PS2?

Daily reminder that Nintendrones are this deluded.

I like how it looks. If I got one for free I'd probably keep it, maybe put it on my wall

How do normalfags put up with this shit? I thought they were addicted to instant gratification? I can't even remember the last time I tried some new piece of technology that was actually responsive.

Because they are conditioned to it. Same reason people think Skyrim is a good game, they never actually played a good RPG in their lives.

Those are still somewhat good. For the true bottom of the barrel, check out: Hyperscan, R-Zone, Game Com, Action Max…

There are way worse consoles than those.

Hes right though, Switch is better than trash.
Not worth owning, but still better than trash.

Why? I don't see the point in even talking about it.

All I can say is at least Microsoft and Sony know what they're doing, Nintendo keep havingfits of schizophrenia and make mental decisions with their hardware… The only redeeming feature with Nintendo's latest underpowered abortion is that it's capturing two market shares at the same time: Handheld and Console, effectively killing off their 3DS.

What was their last successful project?

The Kin Phones!

Selling my PS4 for being a piece of shit with nogames (that I can't just play on my computer, out of anything I actually want) / tying online to Plus, no interest in a Switch especially when Nintendo is going to start charging for their garbage online services starting next year. XBL was always the best out of any console's online service and it's the only console this gen with any BC to the previous gen. How is it not the best option?

Because it has no games

This current gen was just the camel that broke the camel's back for me. When I first saw Bloodborne crash on my buddy's PS4 a few years ago, I realized that console gaming was done. It was a sad realization that a fucking console game crashed. I went through many consoles before that and this was just such an absurd thing to see.

And no games to use it for.

You can just play them on the 360.

How many times has this happened?

I don't have a 360 already. I can't think of anything I'd want for PS4 that isn't also on Xbone. FFVII Remake is the ONLY game that comes to mind and anyone who thinks it's coming out this gen is kidding themselves. And even then, it's probably a timed exclusive at best (iirc the trailers said "launching on," not "exclusively for").

Good online is worth paying for. PSN was okay, because it was serviceable despite being free. The PS4 is basically just charging for a service that was adequate at best. XBL was always king, though. The best connections despite having far and away the most server load.

Don't get me wrong, I can easily skip having any console from this gen and content myself getting a used PS3 alongside my computer and maybe a 2DS. But as far as the big three, the Xbone seems like the best choice from an outsider-looking-in perspective.

It's part of having a supervising OS. You sound pretty young, though, because console games have been crashing since 2000 at least. Before then, errors would simply propagate and make the games glitch out (even NES games had bugs that would make you have to restart it). Crashing is typically preferable to letting a game-breaking error be ignored and possibly destroy saves and things. Remember the Pokemon glitches that would destroy your saved games because they would go out of bounds and overwrite save data?

You have to be pretty naive to think that no console games had breaking issues before the current generation, or that console games are somehow magically more stable than PC ones.

priceless. see you in the next thread

Consoles freezing in place and making you restart is literally the system crashing. Every console from my lifetime has had crashes.

I use Steam to play fighting games online. All the games I have were either gifts or free.
DRM has existed from before Steam, I don't see how that turns it into a console unless you mean something else

what do you play user

Xboners problem is that it literally has no gaems.

It's a locked-down Windows 10 PC that runs games as their own operating system inside a hypervisor (virtual machine for normalfags). If you're familiar with Windows 10's ungodly slow UI or its terrible UWP store apps, the Xbone uses the same shit so it's no surprise that a sub-par machine runs a garbage-tier operating system like Windows 10 horribly.

The Xbone runs three different OSes that are branches of Windows 8, you retarded noob shitter.

wccftech.com/xbox-one-architecture-explained-runs-windows-8-virtually-indistinguishable/

You're going to regret not updating some five-six years down the line when your prized 1337 haxx0r PC can't run shit anymore. Then you'll be crying about how hard it is to pirate Windows 10 and end up with a useless paperweight. It'll be your own damn fault for being too dumb to understand how software market cycles work.

I've never even seen an Xbone IRL.

The Xbone hasn't used Windows 8 since late 2015, nigger. Learn to make basic web searches before posting ( archive.is/Afwxw if you demand spoonfeeding).
The only reason I even dual-boot with Windows 7 anymore is Pathologic Classic HD, everything else either has a native Linux build or runs great in Wine.

more like
not every one is a vidya erudite user

Haven't seen this edit in years now
Thanks user

Same. Feels indifferent.

He's right though
the switch has BotW, gonna have odyssey, arms is comfy.
It's objectively better just with the few games it has

The most reliable way to download Gears 4 is to torrent it. That's no shit, either. I tried for two weeks to get that shit to download from the store before I finally had to use a web development tool to hijack the download link and then feed that into a proper download manager. Then just back up a copy of the install package before using power shell to install it. Worked like a charm.

The only problem is, you still end up having the same issues with updates - so unless you want to highjack every single GoW4 update and manually install them - you run the same risk of download failure/corruption which can fuck your install.

Last time it happened to me, I just deleted the fucking game and the backup. The only reason why even got it was to have something to play with my old Xbox/360 friends who refused to move up to PC - but the game itself is garbage, and it's not worth fighting to keep it operational.

They fucking ruined Horde mode by making it into a lootbox grind. Nobody plays the mode to actually play Horde anymore. They just grind credits and will only play to wave 20 and then quit out so that they can equip another EXP bonus bounty card.

The game is so unashamedly packed with loot crate bullshit, even the special edition of the retail copy was theme'd as a fucking loot crate.

1. Barely anyone here has one
2. Everyone already knows. Those details are pretty sad though. Makes the PS4 and Wii U seem like masterpieces.

Yeah, XBL is the best online service on consoles, but it's still not worth paying for. Especially when you realize that the whole goddamned thing is designed from a marketing perspective - and crammed with shit like social media and achievement solely for the purpose of instilling a false sense of investment and community that's only purpose is to keep you brand loyal and buying games for the Xbox rather than other platforms.

And they charge you for it…. when they're taking 40% of every game sale on the platform made through MS's digital store. When they're running advertisements on the dashboard. When they're selling your usage data to third parties. They are making money hand over fist with Xbox Live - and they still expect you to pay for it.

I could KIND of understand charging for Xbox Live with the original Xbox. They didn't have a digital game marketplace. They didn't have advertisements. They were probably weren't even selling usage data at the time, since there weren't a whole lot of buyers for that particular data back then. Plus, they were building one of the first really robust platform unified gaming networks with integrated voice and messaging. That couldn't have been cheap, especially when nobody at Microsoft corporate even wanted the Xbox to be a thing in the first place. They had to bullshit Bill into thinking it was a livingroom computer and that it's code and features were going to feed back into making Windows faster and more reliable. They were invested too fucking deep to pull out by the time the ruse was uncovered.

Time to stop posting

The Xbone lost all it's exclusives at the very least to the PC. Not even Forza remained. Now, only Halo is left as an exclusive.

Why even buy an Xbone? Honestly, the only thing the Xbone has that is better than the competitors is the "free" monthly game selection, which blows out of the water the indie collection of garbage on the PS4, and I don't think Nintendo even has that kind of thing (though you don't have to pay for online on their plataform… or do you now?). That EA Access is also not a bad deal if you program yourself to pay for one month and marathon a couple of games, and that is not available on any console beyond the Xbone.

But it's still by far the worst console of this generation. Even my dead WiiU has more exclusives than that shit.

I always avoided the damn thing like the plague, so some of these specific details you've named are news to me. But I generally knew it's a terrible system.
I pity the people who actually bought that lump of shit.

STOP REMINDING ME OF THIS

If you don't play anything you can kindly fuckoff

I said Modern PC
I can still play old games

Sony's free monthly games are a bit lackluster most of the time, but there's occasionally some good shit there. As far as I'm aware, Nintendo doesn't do that unless they're doing another Club Nintendo kind of thing. And right now Switch online is free, but they're going to start charging for it sometime next year, I think? But man, let's not even get started on how ridiculous their online shit is. Having to use your phone for voice chat by connecting it via an external dongle to the Switch, jesus christ what were they thinking.

Years from now, people are going to look back on the Xbone as one of the worst consoles of all time. I mean, yeah, those of us here all see it now, but it takes the general public a while longer to figure this shit out.

What do you undestand by modern PC faggot?
Running PCSX2 ain't exactly a piece of cake.

One of the biggest problems with the PSN+ lineup is that most of the good shit is on the PS3, but Sony wants to milk that sweet, sweet "HD" repackaging as a new product, so they don't implement backwards compatibility like the Xbone has. The fact that I can play the 360 titles makes it so it's easier to have a good game to play amongst the selection (and those greedy cunts at Microshit even uncharacteristically gave away for free, no strings attached and outside of the Games with Gold thing, a couple of 360 games like Lost Odyssey.

I would only recommend an Xbone, though, for someone who has no other console, doesn't have a gaming capable PC and is starved for cash enough to make surviving only on the "free" games a tempting alternative. Oh, and Xbone games are considerably cheaper than PS4 games in my country, but I'm not sure if that is the same elsewhere.

Oh I have a PS2, just none of the new consoles, and by modern PC I mean something that at minimum was high spec in 2011

Fair enough

Because most of us don't have one, and even the cucks who got one for Halo were disappointed. The only home console worth getting was the WiiU because it had more exclusives, but even then that assumed you liked the few Nintendo games it had. I got a used one for homebrew and native HDMI out Wii/Gamecube via Nintendont. It's an underwhelming console, but I get some use out of it at least.
God this generation was awful.

Honestly I'd just recommend buying a modded (assuming the person doesn't just want to mod it themselves) PS2, Xbox original, or Wii if someone wants 1 console with games to play. Access to homebrew and emulators will give a lot more options than the free indie shit on the Xbone.

Oh, yeah, definitely a better alternative. I would personally go for a PS3 with a CFW or even a Wii given the extreme low price and ease to mod it,. I still play my Wii from time to time, and there's always the odd unlocalized game still being worked on by fans for a future release on the system (like Captain Rainbow, that just had a different group pick up the ready translated and are in the process of inserting it all in the game. We might see it next year in our favorite torrent trackers). Plus, you can easily play Gamecube games on it, too.

Didn't Bill say that it was "the single biggest fucking insult to everything I have done at this company"?

Yeah, I think I remember him saying that during the "Valentines Day Massacre" meeting.

Microsoft's consoles have always been really bad at this kind of shit. They also have really awful build quality and high failure rates.

store.steampowered.com/app/485510/Nioh_Complete_Edition___Complete_Edition/
ayy lmao

That's exactly what I have. Ports are all full.

What fucking world do you live in, here Jewtendo Switches are $460

Network switch, like the one in his fucking picture, you mouth-breathing retard.

What a plebian

:^)
I am Australian and you fell for my ruse

That's bullshit but your double dubs let it slide.

:^) I was only pretending to be pretending to be retarded
I think, I'm actually a bit lost myself

Nobody gives a shit about that brick anymore.

Like when japs needed to rip-off crpgs to make jrpgs?

This is why I can't take the beggar race seriously, they get shit for begging for console games that are good, but when put on the spot for what games the pc actually has they drop some shit diablo clone or grind fest f2p game. Its just sad. Pc sucks these days and failure to criticize it will make it suck forever.

-t. Microsoft employee

Someone got buttblasted.

I'm not saying the Xbox division is 6-Sigma, but there's no fucking way you brother didn't jizz in the Xbone's anus to make it particularly gay.

I can't believe people pay nearly $1k for these including paid internet over its lifetime.

MS is good at one thing: marketing. Burgers have turned advertising into an art form.

People will be pissed when their $€500 Xbox X is a paperweight when the new generation launches in 3 years max. MS will drop the Xbox one like a stone.

Because nobody cares enough to even hate it.

Azure & Office365
Platforms that are going to cannibalize the fuck out of their two main cash cows.
That just how M$ measures success.

Microsoft is doing a cellphone like strategy, the onex is the first go around. Sony is sticking to the generational model (smarter move) as well as the exclusive model. People see consoles more like tvs and home media equipment these days. They don't wanna upgrade unless its a "generational" difference like sd crt to hd lcd.

Pretty sure PS4 also needs a separate dl to read BDs.
Never had a single game crash, stop playing shit games.
Menu was always responsive, if anything it's a lot more responsive than the PS4 menu and much better to use

Hes always buttblasted
He changed IDS for a reason

Microsoft isn't in a position to stop using generations because they are not the market leader. Nobody cares what they want.

Secondly games targeting the PS5 will be unplayable on the Xbox X. It has a goddamn Jaguar CPU.

The Xbox X is almost as bad as the Sega CD. It only works for the people who really do have the money to buy new consoles every few years.

I shiggy diggy

Nah, Microsoft is just as incompetent today as it was back in the 80's and 90's. The difference is that people put up with their incompetence because both MS-DOS and Windows were ubiquitous due to anti-competitive shenanigans and subsequently all the best software was for Microsoft's dumpster fire of an ecosystem. I will say the UI for Windows 95 and 98(once sanitized of "web content"), despite being a bunch of ideas flagrantly stolen from Apple and NeXT and haphazardly cobbled together, is actually pretty fucking nice. Stability and security on the other hand…

t. People who never played an Xbox Hueg

then buy another one

Kek, sounds like someone didn't have a computer in the 90's. It was always dogshit, a disaster waiting to happen.

However, there's no difference between an Xbox One and Playstation 4. It's the same shit, with zero to none games because the game-industry stinks nowadays and that's all that matters when you as a consumer judge what to have. Your choice should be none, because there's no reason to have one. Unfortunately i own a Xbone, a mistake i regret because there's no reason to, there are no new games to spend that kind of money on.

Xbox x comes out in November 2017, lets say PS5 comes out holiday 2020.

You do the math.

Because PS4 and WiiU sucked much more, and the former is the dudebro casual shovelware station while the latter is deader than old people.

Naw, Microsoft is terrible at marketing. At best, they can really only market to fellow Burgers. Outside of a select few territories, they might as well be trying to sell the Apple Pippin. Pretty much all of their talent and money goes into just trying to keep a few product lines above water. Their other services and devices pretty much flop and die horribly right out of the gate. Their Windows Phone was a disaster, let's not forget about the Zune. Even within the console space, they can't rip off the competition and make it sell. The Kinect was a disaster, and Kinect 2.0 was a non-trivial component to their terrible Xbox One policies that tanked the console. They also just killed Groove Music, so their Music Distribution Platform round 2 just imploded.

Windows 10 has been a bit of a disaster as well, and adoption rates would be only a fraction of what they are now if it weren't for OEM pack-in, DX12 (which is it's own bit of failure), forcing people to upgrade when they aren't looking, and starting to kill features on older OSs to "entice" them to upgrade.

Microsoft's biggest sales advantage is their monopoly in the PC space, and that's only because businesses don't want to have to train their workforce for some customized proprietary OS. It's more profitable for everyone if your employees have a standardized OS between jobs and between work and home - so that you only have to familiarize them with the particular software suites you're running.

Microsoft is so bad at marketing, their most successful products tend to need to be integrated into the OS directly - ala Internet Explorer. Embrace, Extend, Extinguish.

Even the Xbox Brand could be said to be less of a marketing success for Microsoft, as it is an anomaly created by the failure of the PS3 early on. It could be argued that the only reason why the 360 gained any traction at all was because the PS3 launched at $600 fucking dollar and was such a bitch to develop for that it ended up with fewer games - and what games it did get, were usually shittier. And yet it still recovered by the end of the generation and sold just as much - if not more - than the 360 globally.

Now with the PS4 being back to being cheap to buy and easy to develop for, you're only seeing a few deluded hold-outs from the last gen who still buy Xbox - not realizing that it was just a fluke.

I will never understand people who defend this garbage, I will never understand how can people defend modern consoles.

Its pure fucking laziness, and yet these same fucking people also boast how much they love vidya.
I cannot get it through my mind

Most here I would imagine knew they would never buy one the day of the reveal.
The Xbox One X is their last stand, the only thing that could resurrect the value of this gen, and whether or not there is a next gen for xbox next time around. I will give it a fair look. A hardware war should be encouraged, might even make Nintendo bring their hardware into the 2000's. All that would be left for a golden age would be devs to find their balls and consumers to contain their autism.

Because it's obvious to anyone who's ever laid eyes on the fucking thing.

CD-i at least functions, and though it doesn't actually have any good games, can play movies without crashing(though it needs an addon)

3D0 has plenty of games if you're willing to dig into that shitheap, and hell, even the fucking Jaguar has Tempest 2000 and the original version of Rayman. The fuck does Xbone have that isn't inferior ports and cancelled games.

Raiden V
Which is getting a PC and PS4 port in 6 days

also
You should not be in your mid 20's and be technology fucking inept, holy shit.

My friends copies of Need for Speed and FIFA barely work on his PS4 because that shit is mostly online.
The first one doesn't even have splitscreen
He updates every game and waits for it every time we come together because the last time he skipped an update his fucking PS4 kept crashing.

I don't know how they put up with that shit
I go to the shadiest sites ever, my Windows 7 copy is pirated and hasn't been updated in years, my HDD is filled with pirated copies and yet my computer hasn't borked in 6 years, and last time it did was due to my HDD going to shit after a blackout.

Fuck man, 6th Gen was full of normalfag shit and had its flaws, but goddamn, it truly was the last good console gen, at least the WiiU and Switch are decent even if they are underpowered as all shit and Nintendo has been kiking it up.

Besides Bayo 2 what has the Wii U going for it?

Dong Freeze and Monster Hunter Tri
I would actully argue with Fatal Frame 5 and Xenoblade X, but those are censored.

So yeah, pretty much almost nothing
But at least it doesn't didn't have the garbage ecosystem the other 2 have.

PS4 at least has Bloodborne and Yakuza and a bunch of Nip niche stuff, though the way things are going SEGA will probably port the Yakuza games to the PC, leaving the PS4 as the Bloodborne machine once again.

Was this faggot born yesterday?

Yakuza from 3 to 5/Kiwami/0 is on the PS3

His brain damage would make it seem so

I thought 0 was on the PS4 in the West?

It is
Its still not exclusive to the PS4

Have you ever thought that maybe it could have been the mods sabotaging all xbone threads? Did you ever stop to think that mark and his 7 dwarf kikes could have all been neofaggots?

my friend has one, it is no-where near as bad as you say, games work
I hear it has bad performance, but it never really suffers from lag anywhere other consoles dont (it seems to suffer worse when it does suffer)
the only game it has crashed EVER were bethesda games according to him
when I played through dark souls 3 on it (wanted to play before I upgrade my toaster for it) it had some parts with significant lag, but it seems to correlate heavily with particle effects, meaning I only really noticed frame drops when fighting dancer and later much worse with freide
50 gig updates? yea that sounds about right
cant blu ray? I wouldnt know but I beleive you
dosnt play games? I know for a fact thats bullshit

Brogief is a Nintendokike and NeoFAg sucks Sony cock, much more than Nintendo one despite cuckchan Sonyggers bitch moans.

The Xbone is fucking trash and I've seen maybe one rabid shill or other with maybe some others owning one but with justification and agreeing that its fucking garbage.

No, mark is a kike, but i don't think he's specifically trying to suppress the fucking XBONE. The console everyone wrote off the moment it was released.

That's where you lost your argument weeaboo user. Better luck next time

And it was such a pathetic launch too. All Sony had to do to deliver the killing blow was tell people the PS4 is not the XBox.

Hes not even right, the Doujin and VN scene are mostly on PC and Nips are trading Home consoles for Mobiles and/or handhelds.

PC98 scene was huge as well in the early 90s

I'm still sure they intended to have a similar system as the Xbone one but did a 180 as soon as they saw the reaction.
Plenty of leaks pointed to that direction and most of the games and Western focus also points to that.

My uncle has one, he once spent several hours updating XCOM 2 only to have my cat brush past the motion sensitive power button with his tail and turn it off, requring a total restart of the download. It also has disc loading issues like every console with the slide-in disc loaders (don't know the technical term for it). It is an absolute shitshow that doesn't understand what the basic appeal for a console would be in this day and age. The PS4 is leagues better, and the PS4 is a glorified space heater that requires several damn fans directed at it to keep it from shitting itself.

Retarded console peasant.

PC games had mostly American and European exclusives most of the time, so it didn't fall behind Japanese consoles.

No, consoles had to adapt to x86 hardware so they could get PC ports.

Consoles didn't get games like Deus Ex and System Shock. They eventually did get Deus Ex sequels, and the Bioshock series which was a spinoff of System Shock series. You claim that these games are casualized, it's because they were made to fit on a console after they were first experimented on PC.

Plenty of people are enjoying the PC. Just because you are a console peasant doesn't mean this is bad.

Most PC gamers have also been console gamers. Unlike console peasants who have avoided PC gaming their entire life.

Stop acting like a console is better than a PC. You are what you criticize.

Time to stop posting

I have a gaming PC and all the consoles. You get the fuck out.

I don't care what you own, you need to go >>>/back/

Xbone games crash then. They don't all work. I've had games crash on Xbone.
Yeah, you can't play Blu-Ray movies without downloading the app. Which is shitty.

I don't have to go anywhere.

Its not that you don't
Its that you need to

That pictures matches what you are, world's best anonymous shitposter.

That picture also matches you well considering the kind of people who actually like Scott Pilgrim

This picture matches you.

You both sound like playground dickmunches who got pounded in the dirt for lunch money.

Nice spacing Chad

I don't know what you fags are doing but I'm jumping into it too.

people like this who reply to a shit load of posts at once should be shot

What the fuck?

DO IT FAGGOT

The fuck is it with microsoft and being incompetent as fuck when it comes to movies?

-The Fatbox couldn't play DVDs without a special adapter and remote, sold separately of course.
-The 360 finally supported dvds natively… about 5 years too late. When it came to 1080 formats, it supported fucking HD-DVD, but only with an external drive, which also mean that 360 games were still using regular DVDs, so a good chunk of 360 games came with multiple discs
- Netflix and shit required you to buy an xbox live for a good while on the 360
And now this.

don't lump me in with these faggots

I can buy 3-4 for the PC for the price of a triple aaa developer polished turd that are compatible with linux that i will have more fun then buying a xbone or even switch. Linux has more fun games for it. Fun original games that are not rehashes rebrands new game in X series by big triple shit developers. Linux is better gaming then a console. For that reason alone. Even some big games are getting steam releases now. Firaxis games often have linux ports. although the Switch and the ps4 have unique things. Even though alot of it can be shit. At least nintendo and sony have some sort of core. Xbone is a trash heap. Its Microsoft desperately trying to regain some sort of market share and control over game development.

TLDR Linux has better games releasing for it then most consoles do on a more consistent basis.

Windows is shit but name me one desktop OS that you can install without using the keyboard once Holla Forums? An OS that is compatible with every piece of hardware and software since 1995?

Now you know why everyone uses Windows instead of Linux.

And those Linux fags are being obnoxiously autistic. They should just copy what Windows does right. But they never will.

That's true.

Does anyone outside North America even care about the Xbox brand?

Australia was the second highest adopter of the original Xbox per capita outside North America.
MS rewarded this high adoption rate by delaying the launch of the console here until the following year so they had enough units (1 million plus, IIRC) to send to Japan, where they remain unsold to this day.
They gave up an established audience to chase chink bucks for a multitude of stupid reasons.

Part of it has to do with planned obsoleteness and another is a 10,000 pajeet's spaghetti code being implemented and then rewritten by 500 overworked white guys.

Use the keyboard? Hell, for a time you don't even have to click "Agree" or even be there. You'd just wake up one morning and all your shit was broken. But at least you had a nice new OS. Well, a new OS anyhow.

YO IT'S 20XX, WE IN DA FUTURE NOW

Shill plz go

this man is completely right and there's absolutely nothing "reddit" about a format that's literally actually impossible on that site.

hey kid

c'mere

you know that PS4 you got? it's…well. I've discovered a problem with it.

it's infected. real, real badly with something. I think it's…terminal… yes. your PS4 has come down with a severe case of no

[games]

Except the games pc gamers are always begging for ports of and celebrating the few they get. Those don't count.

You use the greater than symbol for quotes my little redditor

that's only true when YOU'RE ON REDDIT

GTFO

Sure ill get my free government survillance like a good obedient citizen. IS that you FBI?

Lol. Linux is in many ways More compatible with older games then newer versions of windows thanks to wine. Also Vm windows 7 and more and more games are windows and mac. and you know what. Triple aaa shit is made for the same people that like transformers movies. Never found the appeal

even linux is a better more consistant playform for gaming in current year then any console. Unless you need to play your latest market research committee driven lootbox driven cashgrab thats totally not gambling cause you know its not real money your winning. Give me a good reason platinum triple AAA shit is worth being on windows for?

Microsoft is going to push lootboxes on games for the xbox and there marketplace its what they are going to do. Just you wait.

No user I'm going to keep posting my opinions. I will never fit in and I don't care.

Too bad you can't shadow ban me huh?

user you are exactly the kind of autistic Linux fag I mean.

But if you can't get a game to run on Windows I'm curious to know how you even have the intelligence to run Linux?

I have never seen more buzzwords crammed into a single post.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with licensing. When the Fatbox came out, DVDs had been around for a while, so the people that could afford them probably already had the players. MPEG2 was the hotness at the time, so decode licenses were extremely expensive (probably covered in the cost of the adapter and remote). By the 360's time, DVD players and movies were everywhere, inferring that the license cost went down. The HD-DVD addon was fucking hilarious though, even at the time it launched. Pretty sure they picked because >lol it's not Sony. It's the same reason you can't play a DVD natively anymore in Windows 10.

What im saying is playing Older games Wine has better compatibility then what is built into windows 8/7/10.Sure there are fixes but you would have to VM to get some games working as well as they can on wine.

You have failed to understand any point of my conversation. I was referencing that playing older games on newer windows machine is a crapshoot and that linux handles that better.

My only wording in which windows is better in that it has the latest triple AAA shitshow lootbox fanaza. There are some other games that are nice that are windows only but my main point is that compared to consoles linux has more games releasing for it on a more consistant basis that are better and cheaper. I do not care about graphics fidelity. I care about gameplay. and consoles fail in gameplay Consoles are becoming mainstream hollywood turdshit. Windows is compatible with thee era of windows you are using but backwords compatibility is a total crapshoot.Linux with wine is more capable of playing older games then windows 10/8 are by a WIDE margin. Try reading comprehension. Im not sure your quite above 8th grade yet.

Triple A gaming is buzzword driven I felt i was appropriate. but you get to feel like batman :P

Even if your point is correct, your English is horrible and you should work on it before writing paragraphs on an English imageboard.

And thus the cycle continues
Its been happening since 2014
I still remember playing Divinity OS, Wargame Red Dragon, Age of Wonders 3, The Talos Principle, Banished and Endless Legend while Sonyggers and Fromfags were hyping up Bloodborne after 2 years of no games.
And then another year of no games
It actually made the WiiU look good despite its Amiboo and Censorship bullshit.

Then the 2016 Playstation Experience happened and all the Sonyggers came out of the woodwork for only 4 decent games.
Some even shilling the Pro
Then less than a year later pretty much hall of the games there had PC ports and the PS4 remains the Bloodborne machine.

Its been pretty funny to watch, especially the sporadic consolecuck that actually defends 8th Gen like it hasn't been mediocre fucking garbage.

These Wojaks are fucking cancer

Didn't we get a spergy user like couple months ago going through how to do it step by step for other anons? Or are threads blending inside my insomniac head?

she is so autistic looking it just makes me happy whenever I see these screenshots. No one looked at that and though, "this is fine." It had to be on purpose.

Well you buy one to take a sledgehammer to it, great stress relief at a high price.

Project Spark was released.
I mean it was shit and no one cares about it, but it came out.

yes one underperforming system (if that) is going to spell gloom and doom for MICROSOFT. such tragedy. what is Bill Gates going to do without all those billions to donate to charity

Boy am I glad for ID filter

that man is sick but your console warz shit needs to leave. turn older than 13 mentally or gtfo.

4 DAYS UNTIL THE XBONE LOSES IT'S ONLY EXCLUSIVE

I'm not the one who posted that gay shit because of this Xfag thread

your parents wish you were never born and everyone at your school secretly wants you to stop being a pussy and finally kill yourself already. gtfo.

video games

oh, so you're saying this is a raid???

What the fuck are you rambling on about user?

it's along the road, not across the street

Thanks for reminding yourself

i dont pay attention to the damn thing. i actually play video games

I think this was all meant for

Everyone knows

The whole "Biggest Fucking Insult" line was that the Xbox management team decided it wasn't going to use Windows ME as planned due to developer concerns because of too much overhead and opted to build a custom OS based off a Windows NT Kernel based just around playing games and DVDs. Bill found out before the team told him and he was furious which lead to the "Valentines Day Massacre" Meeting and J Allard asking "What about Sony?" and proposing the incremental approach into the living room. It wasn't till the xbone and the Windows 10 update for it that an Xbox actually ran a Windows based OS. 360 was a custom WinNT Kernel for PowerPC.

Xbox was always Bill's baby though. Which is why he got really forceful about it and repeatedly told shareholders to fuck off. It wasn't just Sony. He didn't want Steve Jobs getting there first and Microsoft's gaming output like Flight Sim and Age Of Empires was bringing in a lot of cash which is why he was prepared to play the long game.

Also who here /missallard/

Eurocucks are the only ones buying more PS4s than Switches. It's almost like they're afraid to go outside and enjoy themselves playing games for some islamic reason.

Nice bait. Considering Switch is an underpowered garbage with 0 games it's obvious japs and burgers still can't get the nintendocock out of their assholes despite it being even worse trash than Wii U. Europoors finally doing something right but it's too late at this point.

Do you need another 9/11 and more civil liberties taken from you to remember?

Why does Phil Spencer hate 1st party? This is the first console I regret buying. Backwards compatibility is nice but I already have my original Xbox still. I remember spending nights playing Evil Dead Fistful of Boomstick and just messing with the combos.