Divinity OS 2 Thread

Divinity OS 2 Thread.

Remove sourcerers, magisters did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/58/?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1157299447
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/113/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why does it blows them up?

New armour system sucks shit.

Pretty disappointed so far.
Also
I should have just rolled lone wolf.
Oh and lastly
I wish there were some characters that were just good people.
Beast is ok I guess. Sebille is worst, the edge, tell me it eventually ends and she stops with the edge?

You can remove her edge with a good dicking.

You should run your own party and leave the Tumblr characters behind.

Can't, I am not getting along with any, and can't do this alone. I wish I could make an entirely custom party.

How long until you dick her? Because I'm sick of her shit but wanted a rogue.

Oh and if you mean co op, not an option with a hectic schedule.

That's what I am telling you, open 4 instances of the game, connect to one, save and open the save in single player.

Don't listen to this crazy bastard. After you get on the boat, you can have an entire party of faceless boys just like your own character.

You still have to do Fort Joy and the island with the insufferable characters or lone wolf it. that way let's you customize your party right from the start.

Aside from being a slut is there any reason a character might permanently have the Wet status, or do I have a bug?
If it is a bug, is there any way to get rid of it, like console or something?

It's a bug, did you try killing her then rezzing?

Check if you have a cursed armor equipped, it's the tyrant's set. If not it's a bug, it was very common at release and i'm not sure if they addressed it. You might want to check the steam forums. If you still can't find anything try setting the character on fire or use many statuses, worst case reload.

This game is buggy as fuck.
>he acts like I'm Lohse the entire time and calls me by her name even though I'm playing Sebille and Ifan
>Her whole gimmick has been spoiled and I have no desire to even bother with her ever again, not even a little bit

No cursed armour. She can still get other statuses like burning, but after they wear off it comes back.
Reloading isn't an option since she's been like this for a long time.

Haven't yet. Wanted to look for a solution that didn't waste a res scroll.

Only Sebille is a tumblr character.

disband and reinvite, or kill and res like the other user suggested. res scroll recipe is paper+life essence+water essence

They are all Tumblr characters, Sebille can be made into a nice housewife with the power of the D but still, you're better off without them.

Thanks.
Looking up the problem does turn up a save editing fix, and if I'm having the same bug they are, killing or dismissing won't work.

Is he /our/guy?

So I was lonewolfing my way through classic relatively fine, but now somewhere in the 2nd act I'm stuck at some undead dwarf, Mordus or something, and he and his gnomes are wrecking my shit.
Basically healer bitch heals him for more than I can damage him, and if I go for her first Mordus turns her corpse into some giant ass hydralisk and wrecks me in one turn.
What do?
Do I switch to easy mode?

How are Red Prince, Beast, Fane, Ifan, or Lohse are tumblr characters? I would like to hear your explanation, especially on the first three.

I mean, is Ifan just 'he has an arabic sounding name'?

Because they're not Holla Forums tier self-inserts.

Who's your companion? What's your build?

30+ str
20+ con
Some fucking social skills, warfare and dual wielding.
Cat summon? It's weak so I don't use it.

The Red Prince is literally Holla Forums though and also the best character.

You're actually going through the game with one character? Nice job, retard. Go level up somewhere else, it's the only way you're winning this fight. I hope you didn't waste any points on the dual wielding skill.

It's a fucking furrybait character, so it's automatically tumblr. He's probably gay too.
I killed him as soon as we got out of fucking ship.
Him and that elf bitch. Nobody fucking points knives at me. Fucking cunt.

I have her as my avatar since I wanted to try out the flesh eating thing. I think you are mistaking Tumblr for mid 2000s MySpace/DeviantArt, Tim Burton/Jhonen Vasquez fan edge.

If game boasts about flexible gameplay and then punishes you for not playing how it wants you to play, it's not the player who is retard.

Really activates those almonds.

Focus on Mordus and ignore the dwarves, the fight ends after killing him.

The characters are fine, better than the shit characters in most games today even Sebille is tolerable after a while

You guys know his name is nothing more than "Trompe-l'Å“il", right?

Two Lone Wolves are meant to be the equivalent of a 4 man party. You're basically running around with a gimped team and wondering why your fights are going poorly.

Has anyone else had a gamecrash at blackpits from the necrofire? I have to play on low settings just to get past it.

Also is it just me or are most of the source skills just trash? When I beat the game the first time the damaging mage skills were noteworthy but none of the other ones are worth the points or the memory stat dumps

The early access had him in it too

Lone wolf is made so you have a companion.

Lone wolf = pump strength and constitution, put points in polymorph for even more STATS and become a LIVING GOD.

But then it wouldn't be lone anymore.
But it seems that I indeed wasted points on dual wielding.
You can respec all you want without repercussions right?

Dome of Protection, the source skill for custom characters, can be very useful if you have a spot you're looking to draw all of your enemies to. And Fane's is obviously useful if it allows your main damage dealer to take out a prime target.

Every single other origin source skill is completely fucking worthless, except for Sebille's in very specific circumstances.

You mean max strength and then wits right?

I just saw pictures of some guys who played multiplayer with two custom characters. Guess who became god at the end? The guy with loads of Con or the guy who got first turn?

I'm guessing it was the former, Satan.

That's the effect for "consuming" or "using up" a corpse. There are lots of different ways to do it, devour, face ripper, corpse explosion etc, they all do the same thing to the body so you can't use it again.

BTW guys the Elf girl becomes waifu material at the end of the game just her introduction was a total screw up. She has character development and becomes a sweetie also her sex scene is cash money and read by the announcer.

The person with first turn uses their ultimate move on the guy who goes second and they die. Even with 33kHP and 15k Armour. even if they don't die in 1 turn then they just disable you and kill you second turn.

CON is worthless.

Ahh! Just the user I was looking for!
I know the trump for your builds fella, the two glass hammers.

And specifically against your type of build.

I know, I was just funposting-

I really wish the armor system worked percentage wise, like light debuffs such as blind, silence, bleed, etc pierce at 50% while hard ones like knock down and stun need all the armor gone. Right now, everything plays out the same; DPS armor down and then lock the enemy with hard CC.

Also, gear scaling is retarded. A shield or robe at level 15 should not have almost double the stats of one at 14.

Good thing the modding scene for this game seems pretty strong. They can hopefully fix all the little BS that irks me if I don't do it myself first.

It's me.
Holy fuck I just put a couple points into str and warfare and wrecked a fucking dwarf in one turn.
God damn 1 point of shit is worth so much in this game.

But what about pve? You still need some durability against multiple opponents.

The first build I posted is pve. The mirror means you can switch on the fly so commiting to either ain't really a problem.

Ok but not on explorer difficulty because you get VAST 30% bonus to HP, phsyical and magic armor. It makes it worth using a shield too. Con isn't a dump stat REEEE!!

The mirror has a lower cap on attributes than level ups. So if you switch late game you will have to balance your stats more.

I have necromancy.. When I hit things I heal 30% of a 10k normal attack crit?

There is no damage reduction on the game. Also when I get first turn you are CCed or dead (also I have pet pal and silly talents if I took the warefare health perk I'd have way more HP)

I am using my same build on ironman mode it is exactly the same (but many bumhole tightening moments knowing your game could be deleted from 1 bad fight).

All enemies die in 1 turn.

Which one do you favour?

Hey, how the fuck do I go back to the Hall of Echoes after I get to Arx? I've been keeping my eye out for a portal, but I've gotten all the way to the final boss and seen nothing so far. What gives?

You just leave the stats unassigned or turn off lone wolf while you put on stats.

The mirrior is glitched because it takes into account your gear and lone wolf and treats it as your base stat.

Whoa whoa, wait, are you saying that if I use that fucking mirror I can permanently lose shit?

Wait a minute, is my shit just bugged? Am I supposed to be able to teleport there?

BTW on my no con characters if I give them the HP on Warefare talent their HP goes up to 13k.

Naw *smacks lips* I'm saying that if you have gear boosted stats or lone wolf boosted stats and you try to pump stats on the mirrior it thinks that your gear and wolf stat bonuses are base so you'll not be able to pump to the 45 or whatever the stat max is.

Just take off your gear before hand and remove lone wolf to see your true base stats then give yourself lone wolf back on when you're done fucking around.

Where?

Look up, dude. The Hall of Echoes.

If you are in Arx then yes. Don't read if you aren't in Arx Your ship crashed IRL but you can go back to your ships spirit in the hall of echos to chill and access all your base stuff.

So my shit is bugged? I don't see any options or ways to go there.

I think you need to talk to Malady first. She allows you to go back into the Hall of Echoes the first time after the ship crashes.

Malady's dead, bro.

Press Esc and look for "waypoints"

Then you fucked up because she never died in my playthrough.

How retarded do you think I am, user?

On a scale of pumping con to pumping wits? I'd say leveling up all stats equally.

He must be doing a "Kill everyone run"

**>absorb Lemm and Isbeil's souls

Yeah I'm sure I severed the paladindu but he was there for some reason.

My friend reported that when he first arrived in Arx that Malady was dead on arrival as well. She doesn't ALWAYS die but if someone knows the trigger I'd like to avoid it. Perhaps it's because I killed the Advocate or something?

Are you a faggot? The game has some fucked up glitches in Arx you get 30 second shop load times and attacks not doing anything. Just soldier on or wait for patches.

Oh man, I'm retarded, please fuck my face.

It's not killing the Advocate. I did that too, and she didn't die in my playthrough.

This shit should be capital offense.

BUT I DID KILL HIM

Not that I want to derail the thread like last time but Ifan trying to stick his tongue down my throat everytime I try to befriend him is annoying. Like, I get that you want to maximise the number of possible romances so making everyone bisexual is an easy out, but it sucks that you can't have a bro moment with any character except Beast without having to fend off their sexual advances. tfw will never have another vidya bro like garrus without having to beat back his ravenous cock-lust

As for Lohse, I'd like to take her just because she's human (can humans and elves crossbreed in Divinity? unclear on lore but they look more tree than people) but I definately got some tumblr vibes from her general demeanor. I'd like to be proven wrong on that though and take her on my next campaign.

Who wrote this garbage? It's like that character is some self-insert. Everyone wants me to feel sorry for me.

I don't mind her. I don't think she's badly written at all.

But WTF were the thinking with the elf 3D model? HIEDOUS body. I have to keep some robes on her just so I can stand looking.

You can drop the soul jar infront of her face and spit on her.

But yeah she is a whore deserves to suffer.

Probably a better punishment to absorb the soul so the bitch can't get to the afterlife.
I like the female elf model it looks alien and not just a human with pointy ears.

Delicious abs and pointy Elfu ears. Not bad.

It looks ugly. The torso is a crime.

Yeah. And you get a big hit to the entire party affection.

So? Fuck em.

You know that is saying the characters disposition towards the party has gone down right? Not that the party suddenly hates each other.

You can genocide a whole town later on and they just say to each other "Ha ha that was fucked up lol" .

How's the multiplayer? Is it server based, p2p based, session based, what?

Does it have drop-in/drop-out where my friends can join me at any time?

Can multiple players (not just player 1) progress in the story BOTH independently AND together? Is story progress tied to a character, a "world" or game file, or a server?

If I start the game with a friend and they go offline but I'm not done yet, can I still progress in the game without destroying the multiplayer? Can they still rejoin later, and will they have to do all the same story shit I just completed in order to get where I am in order to be up to speed and able to progress?

If you want human with big ears just get human and put a helmet on it.
Ayylien elves are best elves. They are also more satisfying to kill.

I just want something that isn't hideous to look at.

Also, classical fantasy elves are classically pretty humans with pointy ears.

So why would I want ugly, alien elves? At that point they're not elves, you might as well call them differently.

Tolkien != classical you underage faggot.
Classic elves are fucking forest monsters eating children for breakfast.
If you want humans with pointy body parts just call them jews.

I said classical fantasy, not classical folklore, dimmwit.

Tolkien elves = best elves, everything else is shit.

Tolkien elves are Mary Sues.
Elder Scrolls Wood elves are best, not because of looks or anything, but because they are carnivores and cannibalistic iirc, gotta protect those plants.
I like the corpse eating in here, and while elves are ugly, I like how they look different.
My biggest gripe is their ugly armour. They should have just went with similar stuff to humans, but with lots of Celtic, floral and pagan elements. Instead you get Cucknadian armour.

They do not exist in reality and are a factional race. So yes.

Or are you arguing that dwarfs aren't a fantasy race because they are basically short, stocky humans?

Do you only recognize "original" races like "GHFJNRJSxpl, the poly-genderd blob"?

It's hard to read your retard formatting.

user, Peter Jackson pseudo-elfs are not equal with Tolkien elfs…

Proof you never really read Tolkien. F-, go sit in the corner.

Pppfffffffffffffffffffffftt..
Stop making me spill my drink.

Wut?

That makes sense. Was wondering why I couldn't max warfare when I realised the four points I put into two handed were essentially a mistake.

Each point in Retribution gives 5% damage return on ANY Goddamn damage done. So, 10 points in Retribution is 50% damage return (I haven't tried it but this should theoretically be the case unless they make it harder to access at the higher levels because otherwise you could have 100% damage return at 20 retribution). Would be interesting to see if that works with Necromancy too, seeing as how it's technically damage done by the player, so in theory I could heal myself based off of the actual damage return. Sounds too awesome to be true (the Necromancy part probably is.) Either way, you would need to rely more on things other than just Necromancy for healing, especially when fighting with something like only 70% damage return thanks to your levels in Necromancy is still gonna give you a bad day with a build like that. (And that's not even considering my theory about whether or not you could keep raising retribution over 100%.. If that was the case, then I don't see how there would be anything you could possibly do.)

The most notable thing a pure-blooded human did in Tolkien did was to steal a jewel then get eaten by a wolf as he tried to escape. All the others worth shit had elvish and divine ancestry.
Meanwhile when an angry elf charged to Lucifer's fortress and started banging on his front door, Lucifer pissed himself in front of his servants and was almost too terrified to even face him.

All these anti-aryan elf imitations are nothing compared LORD OF ALL NOLDOR.

Beast is a fucking liberal antifa faggot. fuck him

I'm gonna chop down some trees in your honor, you pole-proportioned dendrophile.

Wasn't funny or accurate the first time you said it; still isn't.

How? She's generally cheerful despite being possessed by a demon, says nothing about 'ugh men are pigs' or 'oppressed minorities,' and isn't a fucking dyke, nor does she have the leftist 'rebel' personality. Her multicolored hair is because of the demon possessing her, not special snowflake dyed hair.

As for Ifan, I've never had him as a companion (only played as him once or twice) so I didn't know he was a faggot.

Ifan really gets on my nerve with his lone wolf shit. I wish the 'evil/selfish' way to end some quest just didn't simply make it fail and everyone related disappear.

I'm pretty sure this games goes the Dragon's Dogma route with characters sexuality. Everyone is bisexual so you can romance every single character without worrying about your character gender. Which is strange considering that the tag system includes gender, guess it only affects dialogue options.

I think he means a different kind of Tumblr vibe. More the "random XD" kind, like how when dismissing her she makes a joke about you now being MORTAL ENEMIES.

Also Rhalic just told me to remove elves and other races, I hope I get to do it.

I can't bring myself to continue First Divinity OS. Every time I start it on my toaster PC and see inventory full of random, unknown items, broken gear and unfinished quests on 1st city, I just feel confused and lost. Started playing it 2 years ago, dropped since.

What is the repair and durability system in this game?
In OS1 it seemed fairly straightforward; when weapons hit things or armor gets hit it loses durability, so use a hammer to repair it.
But in OS2 only a handful of things seem to have durability, and I've only ever seen it at 20/20 so far.

October Starter Pack

You only lose durability when you hit doors/chests/etc…its the alternative to thievery

made me laugh. Also killing her gives you some nice loot and you don't have to deal with her 2deep4u bullshit anymore. Really, there's no reason to spare her, she's a fucking piece of shit.

The true torture is keepung the jar and leaving her to eternal undeath. I hate how if you decide to kill her everybody think you are an asshole but she's the one who burned whole villages for Braccus' dick.

I get you man. That happened to me with baldur's gate and neverwinter nights.
You need to finish this kind of games in one single continuous playthrough, without breaks or playing other shit, while you remember what the fuck is going on with everything, otherwise it is impossible to finish.

put the crafting materials in the backpack -.-

How bout I put you in backpack and fuck your waifu, swine?

BG is not that bad on that front. But Div OS 1 is a big offender on this, if you take a break you have to restart since you're completely lost when you come back. I miss OS 1 two characters gimmick, you could have them argue together on some quest and their relationships were up to you. Now you have those fucking cringe characters like Sebille, Ifan and Lohse.

Can you have Possesed Lohse as a companion or will you be ultimately forced to kill it?

Everytime I join mulitplayer I automatically get kicked. Anyone up for multi?

What's wrong with Ifan?

Problem with backpacks is they don't sort. Personally I'd rather have a single sortable, filterable, but overwhelmingly cluttered menu than a dozen different unsortable ones I have to hunt through manually.

Yeah I ended up being alone because I hated every one of them.

He's a faggot.

There's an ending where possessed Lohse ascends.

His lone wolf anti-hero bullshit, his cringy attitude and the moment you want to bro up he's up in your pants tryin to grab your dick.

Fuck this, I'll become the Divine, not anyone else.

Goddamnit. I thought he was hitting on me because my player character's female. He's just a hussie that will fuck anything apparently!

Yup.

Also I bet a framed portrait of Alexandar that Malady is Ygerna.

That's pretty farfetched. She's about the only one you can know is dead, because you have to resurrect her in Divinity 2.

She dies after the event of OS2 though. Or am I mixing the timeline? The events of Divine Divinity comes after I think.

Lucian is the (default?) main character of Divine Divinity.

Somehow he turns from Conan the Cimmerian to some geezer and then to a blond younger guy in Divinity 2.

He went from Conan the Cimmerian to Conan the King.

Lucian kills Ygerna, which causes Damian to use the black ring to fight Lucian. Lucian then banishes Damian to Nemesis, and while Damian is fighting his way back OS2 happens.

Oh ok, I mixed up the timeline.

whenever Tentacle Lash is used, the game crashes for me. Anybody got a solution?

Don't use Tentacle Lash.

Wait are you actually play as Lucian in DD? I vaguely remember there being character selection, you could even play as a chick. Or am I mixing it up with some other game?

Werks on my machine.

I don't but the enemy does

kill the enemy before they can use it

Everyone hears "the divine is dead" and assume this game take place after Damian returns. In either case though Ygerna is long dead. Considering when you resurrect her in Divinity 2 she's still living out the moment of her death I think it's pretty safe to assume she didn't die a second time somewhere in the middle.

What about Hurin? What about killing so many damn orcs that you get burried under their corpses?

Tolkien has some bretty gud humans.

Did he actually manage to hurt Melkor? Giving him a limp?

Hey buddy the tolkien thread is two pages down

Alas, I'm off the island. Can't go back to kill her now.

Kind of. The baby the main character picks up in the end is supposed to be Damian, and Divinity 2 pretends it was Lucian who ascended to divinity during the events of DD.

These Divinity games don't even bother keeping the setting and backstory straight between each other.

I forgot about Hurin. I did remember his son, but I didn't mention him because his claim to fame was his astounding ability to fuck up literally everything he did.
He wounded him seven times. At the end, he stumbled in one of the craters left by Melkor's hammer, and was pinned down under his foot and killed, but even as he was pinned down he maimed Melkor's leg, leaving him with a limp forever.

I would assume that Lucian is just the "canon player character" for div div

SUMMONING IS THE BEST SCHOOL OF MAGIC PROVE ME WRONG

You are wrong.

bone widow is crap without 10+ points in summoning :^)

Anyone can summon a Bone Widow with a few +Necromancy items. The boost it gets from summoning is borderline overkill.

Best school of magic is Aerothurge. It has two distinct phases: pre and post Thunderstorm. Pre-Thunderstorm it's a great melee based school with a ton of utility and crowd control, and it has high, party friendly AoE damage. Post-Thunderstorm it's just a fight ending school of magic. Every fight in the game more or less ends with 1 Thunderstorm cast. It's not like other skill schools where you can take out 2-3 enemies on your first turn. Thunderstorm either kills or stuns everything on the first turn and continues to do so in the following two turns. This means you can just funnel/teleport enemies in the Thunderstorm area to kill them safely. It completely trivializes tactician mode.

I prefer polymorph.

It's been so long since I played Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. I really liked Divinity 2 aka Fuck You I'm a Dragon: The Game.

Maxos!

No matter how many points you do or don't put in summoning, Bone Widow always has more damage and more HP for less cost.

Is there a reason to not go two-handed? my necro tank is unkillable but does shit damage.

I forgot to say she's 1 handed + shield.

but less versatility and does not knockdown enemies, also no magic armor, so it gets controlled or disabled constantly
Its better against single targets physical damage dealer enemies only, in every other situation its just as good as the demon or worse

please respond

Magic CC requires a two part combo, and enemies usually don't like targetting summons anyway. I think you'll find the Spider doesn't actually get CCed all that often.

i only invest in magic skills with my warrior (war+necro+polymorph) this way i can switch between dual wield to two-hander to sword&shield when i need, max versatility
i put shields mostly on my casters, i dont even use wands because they are casting spells all day instead of using normal attacks

last time i tried out the spider it got charmed on first turn, i wish it was immune to web surfaces, that would combo greatly with polymorph spiderlegs and it would be more viable

Whats the best build if I want to go solo?

Anything with 10 points in summoning, just don't pick Glass Cannon, you will get CC'd all day
Unless you stack status immunity gear after it starts appearing at lv16

There's a bunch of viable shit capable of beating the game. Lone Wolf Archer wrecks shit pretty good. To the point of it being a bit boring because you 1 shot most shit.

That's my build too, war+necro+poly for wings.

bullhorns is also great because you can cast for free

I tried Arrow Storm for the first time today… it one-shooted a boss, it was one level below mine, but still…

Two-handed is pretty lackluster until late game. Without enough points in Warfare and Two-Handed, it does significantly less damage than a Rogue. It's also extremely vulnerable to CC without being babysat with armor regen and buffs. 1h+shield will do good damage with Shield Toss + Reactive Armor without any other investment, regardless of what class you're going for. On that note, I think a Int based physical caster with just enough Str to use the Str based armor would be an absolute monster of a character.

You'd end up as a melee tank that does a ton of burst damage, has amazing support skills and healing, is unkillable and becomes a damage machine with the Necro SP abilities.

Im currently in lv16, i started seeing anti-CC legendary gear in vendors, is it possible to be immune to everything? I picked Glass Cannon on my high-wit summoner, so i put my summons up and send him away, otherwise he gets fucked constantly, still, i love having 6 AP per turn, and would love to have it on other characters.

Yeah, you couple it with a few teleport scrolls and you can take out entire groups in 1 shot.

I disagree. Two hand did more damage more reliably right from the beginning. Dual daggers backstabs were at best comparable to two hand non-crits, and oftentimes worse, not to mention that scoundrel skills kind of suck

You did put all of your Rogue's points into Scoundrel, right? My Rogue was backstabbing harder, had better damage skills, more mobility and could double dip into destroying magic armor with Venom Coating's damage being counted as backstab. Meanwhile, all my 2h guy had going for him was Whirlwind and CC.

Session. One player hosts the game and others join.

Yes, You can open your game as invite only, friends only, or completely open to join.

Progress is tied to a save file which the host has. You can split up and do different quests if you wanted but it would probably be difficult to defeat enemies that way. The party moves through the story together. When one player accepts, progresses through, and turns in a quest, all players/characters will.

Yes, you can continue without them. When they leave you are given control of their character and when they rejoin, they take control of their character and will be at the same place as you. They may end up a bit lost so you might need to catch them up on what happened while they were gone. I don't think the opposite is true though. They can't continue to play on that save if you are the host and leave.

Just taking a random save. Level 13. The 2h warrior does 342-363 non crit, the rogue does 352-382 on a backstab. On a critical hit (which is admittedly rare at this point) the 2h does 667 to 707.

Both are using appropriate on-level legendary weapons, both have roughly the same investment in damage-affecting skills. At this point in the game I had Summoner on all my characters, so there's not a huge investment into scoundrel OR warfare.

There's your problem. Scoundrel makes backstabs scale ridiculously well. Poison your daggers with barrels and add Venom Coating and you'll destroy most targets' magic armor with two backstabs, which will then rip apart the target's health.

As far as skills go Scoundrel has Backlash and Rupture Tendons that are useful.
Warfare has Battle stomp for AOE Damage+CC, Battering ram for AOE CC (the damage is negligable), Whirlwind for AOE damage, Blitz Strike for multi-target damage. Overpower isn't available at that level or only just became available. Both have movement abilities so I omit that.

Fuck breaking magic. It's an all physical party. By the time Poison breaks through magic armor their physical armor will be LONG gone and they will be perma-CCed by my summons and warrior.

Can I still go back to fort joy? I'm sure there are more quests and magistrate to kill.
Oh and I think magical and physical is a mistake, you fight enemies with one, weaken them, then others can't hurt them due to armour. Seems pure parties are best.
I hope I find a decent town to buy more skills, fort joy sucks. Especially for scoundrels.

Single target soft-CC that doesn't work on even half the enemies in the game? Compared to spammable AOE knockdowns? If my rogue wanted to CC something I used Chicken Claw+Rupture Tendons.

Oh and I wanted necromancy and can't find anyone selling books.

It can completely shut down some of the worst enemies, though. Granted, I could just knock them down, but Battle Stomp is on cooldown sometimes, you know.

You can go back, only magisters will aggro on you, the prisoners won't attack you unless you murdered some of them

Necromancy books in fort joy are sold by the sick bitch in the tent, just south of the main entrance to the fort-proper

the sick woman inside the hut near the fort guarded gate sells necro books

When you have 4 Incanates, a Warrior, and an Archer with knockdown arrows, cooldown isn't much of an issue.

There is a resistance group on the south area of the island that has vendors for all classes except warfare and geo until you rescue him. Vendors stock more skills as your level goes up.
The nice thing about parties with split damage types is they can handle an enemy having way more of one armor type than the other. At least until you get overpower to instantly break any physical armor.

Sick woman?
I saw a dwarf doctor, but I don't remember much of value.
Kinda lame.

Is there a mod to make my elven armor become like human's? im tired of having my bloodthirsty warrior look like a faggot during brazillian carnaval

Breaking magic armor with backstabs and Venom Coating is trivial, even on tactician. Venom Coating gets multiplied by your backstab bonus and unless you're targeting a caster, you'll break through magic armor as fast or faster than physical armor. Add Sparkmaster (or the party-wide Source version) on your 2h guy to go along with Whirlwind and the 2 AoE CCs and you'll be tearing through magic armors with ease, even with a "pure physical group".

4 man teams are significantly harder than Lone Wolf parties. Lone Wolves just do so much damage that half the enemies are dead on the first turn, even before escaping Fort Joy.

Split damage parties can easily be setup so every character can help with both types of armor. A caster can summon Bone Widows, use Shield Toss/Reactive Armor or the Necro AoEs. A physical melee guy can use Firebrand, Sparkmaster and Venom Coating. I just finished a run with a 3 physical 1 caster party and Fane always went first. I'd have him use the AoE Sparkmaster and drop a Whirlwind on mobs, which usually drop all of the enemies magic armor down to nothing. After that the rest of the magic damage my other two "pure physical" characters did just chewed through health.

No, she's the one who causes Disease on you every time you talk to (or would, if it weren't blocked by armor). She's right here, east of Griff

Also if you heal that guy on the beach BEFORE you give the "doctor" the alcohol she asks for he lives. Problem is giving her the booze completes the quest so it never checks afterward if you healed him.

Venom Coating and Firebrand get added to weapon damage. Yes they get multiplied by everything, but they are still going to add less damage than the weapon's physical damage, usually less than half. So if you do 100phys+50magic, you are going to break through the phys armor twice as fast and then who cares if you eventually get through the magic because it's CCed.

The only time I found those buffs to be useful is when I had a swarm of totems and used the AOE buffs, or else I was about to drop Arrow Storm which does so much damage that it will tear through both resists and then some in one volley.

You should kill yourself

This is one of the bad side of the game I have noted. It reacts to your choices but only if you do things one way. The quest with Gareth and Jonathan is a glaring example of this, Gareth whining about his dead parents while another character is talking with them.

I am up to Arx, I swear to fucking god, if I see one of those bastards again, I am going to scream.

Do you like these characters now? Seriously they push down their bad self-insert down our throat a lot but it issort of story related. Though if it gets to it I get to be the Divine, fuck them and their shitty sob backstory.

Anyone else have the game get stuck loading when trying to use any mods? The bar gets to around 80% and stays there.

There's 3 types of mobs who use the 3 different armor types: high phys/low magic, even, low phys/high magic. Those buffs will negate magic armor and will then turn the buff's extra magic damage into pure HP damage. And with Sparkmaster's nature, all that extra magic damage is going to be all over the place by the end of the first turn.

Let's take a more concrete example: Fane opens up with Sparkaster and goes off to Whirlwind as many mobs as possible. Sebille casts Venom Coating, Flesh Sacrifice, teleports and backstabs behind you nothing personel kid and kills the highest priority target. By the time Beast gets his turn, almost all of the enemies' magic armors have been shredded from the Sparkmaster bounces, so everything he does just turns into physical armor damage and straight-to-HP damage. And my caster went last, cast and and Shocked everything that wasn't dead or just helped with physical CC because he had a staff and had some points in Warfare.

TL;DR: Elemental weapon buffs turn into piercing damage if you use them properly.

Blame windows, all I did was alt-print screen and then paste it here.

Lizards are worst.
Way too up their own ass.

I don't remember her, hope she has no quests. Or maybe I killed her. Some one was harassing an elf at the start I thought it was easy way to start a fight without doing anything that would get magisers involved and give me easy exp.

You probably just didn't see her. She never goes out of the tent and you can't see inside unless you walk in.

Remove non-humans. That's how I roll with my dead god Rhalic.

Not really following your logic here.

Lizards may be up their own ass, but they have every reason to be. Everyone else, humans included, are too busy wallowing in their own filth.

I mean you can want to purge xeno scum but at least don't be a hypocrite.

It's gotta just be bugs, right? They'll iron it out right?

When was Holla Forums taken over with idiots?

The entire plot of OS 2 is an Ultimate Showdown between a bunch of snowflake OCs to see who can suck their own dick the hardest.
No, really.

If these characters are "snowflakes" then so is every non blank slate/cardboard cutout RPG character, from Nameless One to Nier. They are characters who fit in the setting and the plot and do not break or even stretch internal game world rules and logic.

Well they did with the first one Enhanced Edition. Game is still pretty cool but I would have liked a little more reactivity for different choices.

This. I really can't stand Ifhan.

Fuck you Ifan is a bro, and the Lohse can be lolrandumb sometimes, but she is alright

Ifan is my bro too, but I'm running with Sebille, so my taste may be questionable.
You know the synopsis is true, though.

Just offer a drink to ifan and watch him reach for your dick instantly.

I'm playing Ifan, what's his character like?

How do I get source points to test his summon?
I'm going to be disappointed if it's shit.

The camera sucks at times.

The only character who "sucks his own dick" is Red Prince, and rightfully so.

The Leech skill, which heals while standing in blood works on undead too, right?

They're fighting to be the next Divine. That is the pinnacle of sucking your own dick.

His summon is shit but as someone else mentioned earlier Fane and customs are the only ones with stellar innate source abilities.

That bubble shield saved my shit more than once.

yes, but its shit once you have about 5 necro points, the heal doesn't seem to scale well past lv15, while lifesteal is based on your damage

If you wouldnt fight in that situation you are a massive cuck.

I just wish i could have a good RPG without a "choosen one" plot
Baldurs Gate would also be much better if it was about having fun adventures and saving maybe a county or dutchy at the most

Where did I say I wouldn't? I'd suck my own dick too, if I were in their places. Doesn't mean they aren't engaging in autofellatio 24/7, though.

Play Age of Decadence. To be fair, the chosen one shit in Divinity was to be expected, it's their thing. Every game was about this. OS 1 a little less at the start since you were two source hunter bros going source hunting.

Friendly undead lizard wizard reporting in. Tempted to start a new game to either play as a lone wolf or create my own custom party when possible because I'm already disliking these premade characters and I just got to act 2.

That shield is too damn useful to give up.

This is about the first game. I keep restarting after the orc ship fight because I'm always unsatisfied with my starting party. I want a rogue for pickpocketing/stealth/lockpicking and a spear using/2h warrior, but I also want some healing mage.
Also can I romance my starting party if I made a hot female rogue

Speaking of the first game, goddamn do I miss that speed stat. Sure, it was broken with a Lone Wolf/Glass Cannon, but who plays these games for fair and balanced challenges?

I guess what I was asking is, when do I get more party members? If it's early on I might as well stick with an archery rogue and a 2hander, but if it's like a few hours in then I'm not so sure what I want because missing out on shit because I don't have lock picking always infuriates me.

The sergeant only has set class/races combos based on some retarded community poll. You want your own party? Start up 4 instances of the game, connect to one and save. Open the save in single player.

Fuck if I know, I didn't use party members in OS 1.

You have Jahan and that old hag in the tavern, if you don't want them you can make your own when you unlock the end of eternity.

I'm not restarting, I figure I should figure things out first, then go tactician lone wolf. Unless you can pure solo, have fun dealing with shit party members.

How long is it to complete one run?
Atleast I know to invest in hydro early on, because fuck undead are annoying. Not as bad as enemies who cast silence though.

Is there any way to break through resistances?

Bairdottr and a mute guy in the graveyard/well are dlc iirc.
Bair is shit btw, there is a check in the game and she may betray you without warning in a particular fight if you don't have the independence tag.

Polymorph lv3 has Flay skin, destroy magic armor and removes resistances (if you remove all the magic armor)

Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale 1/2.

Hydro does only has 2-3 decent damage spells, including the 3SP one. On the flip side, there's barely anything that resists hydro or aero to any noticeable degree. Also, Scoundrel and Huntsman bonus are on the same tier, if you take the time to go to high grounds and stay there, Huntsman will help you a lot more, especially in the first 3/4 of the game when your crit% is going to be low.

Words can't describe how retarded that is. At least there's a way to make my party of undead, even if it's a slight pain in the ass.

It took me about 75 hours to beat the first one, but I also spent a ridiculous amount of time fucking around. I'm expecting about the same amount of time, if slightly less since I'm more familiar with combat and the shit they throw at you.

Oh, i thought Torment was about saving several dimensions and shit

Can you still access the island after you steal the Magister ship?
I somewhat neglected Wits and I can't get the last piece of Tyrant's gear. It'll piss me off if I can't have the full set for completeness' sake.

Nah, Torment's story is mostly about the nameless one and his life as an immortal being.

Nope. Torment isn't about saving the multiverse or destroying an ancient evil or anything like that.

Tell me Holla Forums, why is the red princess such a slut?
I expected her to be a modest wifu but she just wanted the eggs right away.

If you have tips on, the game explicitly says sailing away on magister's ship is a point of no return.

She needs to be the mother of dragons, user.
There's only one way to make that happen.

So Malady is evil an the real final boss right?

Nope, it's actually Lohse and the big demon dick shoved up her ass

yeah

Can we meet Maxos? I need to bully him again.

how big is his game (GB)?

Nope, the only recurring character is Arhu, and some literal who from D:OS1.

Bigger than your pecker thats for sure.

this* dammit
i mean how many GB?

21 GB torrent, 26 GB installed for me.

Class is irrelevant. I'm fairly sure the sergeant has every race/sex combo (including the undead subraces). You can change appearance at the mirror if it really matters to you.

thanks

It's was pretty surprising that Bellegar didn't show up. That cat in act 1 was almost definitely his.

Or Zixzax for that matter

I wish you could use at least some Scoundrel skills with spears and bows, even if they had to buff backstabbing to compensate for the daggers losing the exclusivity over these skills

Would be nice yes. It doesn't have to be a finesse weapon though. Weapon skills scale with weapon damage, no matter the attribute

simple 2H vs dual damage comparison

Why is this cat following me around

Bitch you're following it!

this is the first divinity gaem I'm playing, I have no idea what's happening

Try to speak to the guard in front of fort joy entrance, they'll help you with it.

Is this the first good game to come out in years that is actually selling really well?

The new armour system is the only thing stopping the game from being a CC cheesefest.

JUST
Still makes sense though if you reverse it around It's probably too far in the thread now anyway, but fuck it. It's the principle.

Is being a Seeker like being a red shirt? Those niggers get slaughtered hard while my party stroll around with mama Malady.

She's my ara waifu.

Well, I killed Radeka.

I just want to help people as a friendly skelly.

ME AND MY PARTY SPENT AN ENTIRE HOUR ON THAT FUCKING SECTION AND THEN IT FROZE AGAIN

The only reason to consider strength dual wield is if you want to stack dodge. Between the weapon skill and talent you can probably hit somewhere around 70% dodge chance if you put absolutely everything you could into it, about half of that comes from dual wielding specifically, either the skill or the parry talent.

Of course if you did that you would be sacrificing a LOT of damage for an unreliable defense. You'd probably end up with less overall damage than a shield user in the end

Anybody else noticed how dwarves wield greatswords? They fucking halfhand it, what madmen!

no seriously, i didn't get any crashes so far, 60+ hours in

How many people can you invite to join you in the boat?
I got the succubus & her ex-magister boytoy and the fletcher guy from the lone wolf camp

Jahan (dude in hut next to demon). There's also this one girl mindraped by a demon, but her quest is kept hanging just like Malady's 'favor' likely as future DLC crap.

So I got captured by voidwoken for a future impreg doujin. Lohse is in the middle of the nest and my avatar is with a dwarf that doesn't want to say jack shit. I should have invested in persuasion.

Fuck shriekers.
Fuck the void in general, I just wasted 2 rez scrolls on that deep dweller ambush, this is after wasting a rez scroll where I was first introduced to the concep of necrofire. How do I secure blessed water regularly, I have the holy water in the town and a few places, but I need more.

Source skills suck ass too, especially Ifans.
Who sells warfare skills so I can make my characters useful? The lack of mobility is killing me.
Fucking necrofire.

Where are you at?

For mobility, if you kept Ifan a wayfarer you can always get tactical retreat, for my other char I invested in gear / 2 points for polymorph and got wings. For blessed water, make it rain and bless it with the blessing skill.

Speaking of characters speaking shit, what's with characters inconsistent morality?
When a dog wants to an hero, oh no we can't have that. But let's ignore euthanaing seekers you can't save because it's a waste of time.
Fuck Red Prince. How can you act all moral about not killing a suicidal dog, then be an asshole who doesn't give a fuck about others?

The origin characters in general are inconsistent and badly written. I'll restart soon and run my own party.

Which tree has blessing? Hydro?
I'm just at the place after you meet s young, blind magister attacked by undead.

Has anybody tried out this mod yet?
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/58/?

It adjusts the scaling so the numbers don't get out of control by endgame. I'm currently running with the lowest scaling option, but I'm curious if anyone here is mad enough to try playing the game with no scaling at all. Apparently difference in levels are almost meaningless that way.

A lot of the dialogue seems to not be character-specific, which is a bit of a shame, because it just makes it all the more obvious when they're actually displaying some character. I'm super bummed that all of the lines your characters say in battle are the exact same ones, just in a different voice.
I'LL YIELD TO NONE!

Nah blessing is a skill you get when you become woke as fuck during the story. What characters are you running? Don't forget undead are hurt by healing.

Unless you have 3 friends with the same schedules I don't see that happening. I saw no option for multiple custom characters.
Also it would suck because customs all get a generic source skill instead of options. Sure initial skills may suck, but it's still a choice. Ifans wolf though, fuck me. A crocodile was able to teleport up to me, yet this thing can't jump down to lower ground.

Yeah writing is bad, I hope they realise if I feel like keeping anyone alive, its entirety an extension of collecting things. In Fable I married lady grey just because she had a unique look. God knows I feel nothing but hate for these characters, talk of leaving and all they have done is cause me trouble. It wasn't this obnoxious in DivOS and atleast I could control both characters to rp, these guys are just illogic to understand and annoying when they end up almost killing people you want to speak with.

To play with your own party

I miss that from DivOS too, I would RP my two characters arguing with each others, it was kind of fun.

I know, but they can cc me easily with that void thing fucking shit up.
Ifan crossbow and summoning.
Lohse summoning and necromancy.
Red Prince warfare, sword and shield, strength focus.
Sebille scoundrel.

My issue is mainly I'm struggling to find skills and vendors for certain things, like warfare and scoundrel.
Also I'm still adapting to the armour system, I hate it.

Also is it me or is there little difference in class now? Because my archer has ricochete, yet shield bounce is the same shit. It makes certain skills seem redundant.

Started my Tactician run.

Things are about to get spooky.

What's so difficult to understand about the armor system?
Shield Bounce > Ricochet

Do racial abilities stack?

At least a point in scoundrel can get you the pawn talent which is pretty nice on ifan. Get tactical retreat too. You seem to be missing some heavy hitting spells, necromancy does physical damage mostly and complement a fighter well for the leech. For a healer/buffer, get hydro + pyro for restauration, haste and clear minded. Sebille as scoundrel is nice, that's what I did with her too, teleport behind back *nothing personel kid* flesh offering, adrenaline and backstab away. Tactical retreat haste ifan so you can haste either red prince or sebille.

You can't even have a persuasion event, it's just do what they say or take a reputation hit.
I also think the older systems had more character, instead of being a mystic outlaw or something, you were an independent, vindictive, romantic, or something along those lines. And you even got nice stat boosts too, I remember that I was immune to fear/charm for one stat, others improved crits. Sure you had metagaming aspects, especially with bairdottr but it was fun and added more character imo.
Here it's just like
I'm not really a fan. I like new race options but elves were lacklustre, I expected to be able to devour any fallen enemies. Also racial armour a shit. I don't mind styles, obviously there must be changes for lizard use, but it's annoying seeing good looking armour, knowing you can't wear it unless you pick a different race with different stats and options. It's purely cosmetic, but God elves look like ass. Humans look best, then lizards, then dwarves.

What do you mean by that? I wanted my entire party to be healed with poison (have one scoundrel/geo and one geomancer 2h staff fighter + a summoner/necro so plenty of poison going around). Also one of them is an elf.

I was just wondering what happens if you all generate a dome of protection and Encourage each other.

I like the ayylien elves, it's different. But yeah, I'm not a fan of the tag system either. Soldier and Noble are boring as fuck. And for some reason I have Hero too now.

I've never tried it before so not sure. But undead don't get encourage, they get play dead instead, which is very useful for disengaging.

Not hard, just awkward when I have magic users and physical fighters doing no damage, as each attacks a separate shield, that's utterly redundant and just something I want to pass asap for HP damage.

How do you set up an entire custom team?

I doubt they stack.

The leaf armour has been done a billion times, their armour just looks ugly.

Most tags suck yeah, it's not boring so much as, it doesn't feel like it has any impact or link. How does tough talk differ if you're a hero, barbarian, soldier? People can still talk shit without being any, and my character could easily have been a mystic jester, if he murders dragons he's probably going to stop taking shit from some soldier who just guards a base.
So I don't feel like my character is an actual soldier despite the tags, and even then it leaves little room for development. Soldiers should reference wars, recognise people who fought with them, and so on. Not just trash talk.

Run 4 instances of the game.

Encourage doesn't stack, that I'm sure of. You merely refresh the duration.

I'm not sure about Dome of Protection, but my assumption would be that those WOULD stack. Pretty simple to test, but I don't have the time right now.

Can I get that shit back? Or should I just waste this bitch..

The whole punishment is retarded.

looks like you can get it back through the normal level up process anyway.

True, I said going back to the mirror because I myself put some other trait to the slot for the time.

I get why the mirror is there, but that shit is easily exploited.

I don't think the mirror is prone for exploit, but that the trade-off for Hannag's source upgrade was poorly implement. More interesting option would have been needing to do a quest to reconnect with the animal kingdom before the trait worked again instead of just removing it. As it currently is, the punishment ends up being losing a trait point instead of losing the ability to speak to animals.

You could get infinite Attributes from it, unless they patched it out.

For me Ifan is Crossbow + scoundrel, since his crit chance goes trough the roof. Together with a high damage + penetration bow, he becomes a physical DPS monster.

I'm playing as DEUS VULT and killing EVERY SINGLE UNDEAD AND SCALY I SEE

I picked summoner thinking it would go with his wolf summoning. I just didn't factor in how shit his summon was, my incarnates are better.

Whatever it's a trial run. My tactician run will be undead focused. Do necro heal skills if used by undead, heal or damage them?
Also, where can I find warfare skill books?
Oh and lastly, where do I find origin characters armour? E,g dress Red Prince in his gold armour.

Some books are just lying in plain sight, some drop from enemies or can be found in containers, some of them can be bought from vendors. In example, in Act 1 you can buy warfare skill books either from lizard merchant in cave where Saheila is located or from Gareth when you rescue him.

They get healed.

The elemental resistance bonus from Dome almost definitely does not stack. They may or may not all provide armor separately each turn. I guarantee that they all provide armor when casted though.

The problem is that you effectively lose a talent slot, not pet pal specifically

The biggest problem with poison healing is that it all turns to fire eventually, and fire hurts undead just as much as it does humans.

That, and the heals are generally smaller and harder to come by and enemies love dropping those giant heal spells on your undead to kill them.

Also lets not forget abilities like First Aid which in addition to healing remove status like Knockdown. Being undead means you have much less access to status clearing.

I'm just looking for Phoenix dive.

Pretty sure Gareth sells that shit. There's also a mod to remove the level restriction on books. So they can show up at anytime, rather than when you hit a certain level. Which can break the game obviously.

I recommend eating an egg.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1157299447

Your welcome

thanks, but you're waifu is still a shit.

Guys help here, i need to make an important decision, im at act3 i want to kill Alexander, but i fear the game will force me to side with the black ring degenerates if i do so, can i just kill everyone and advance the plot?

3 words- your wrong

You can kill them all, and the Black Ring has a standing order to kill Godwoken so 'siding' with them is a temporary bet at best. Every time Alexander died I made sure to rip his face off.

Kek.

oh thanks, its butchering time then
Oh, and will i be missing any important quest reward? like the swornbreaker or anathema?

You've first got to make Gareth leave if you want him to live. Otherwise you're not going to miss anything though make sure to bring Alexander's head to the Sallow Man WITHOUT Lohse in the party.

she will be in the boat if i dismiss her right?

I was wondering what happened to him. Could have sworn he survived the fight, but never found him anywhere after.

Yes, but make sure to take her and your entire party with you to the Lunar Gate when you're done with everything else on the island.

He fucks off, and shows up as a purged version of himself fighting against you in the finale.

I know that. I just wondered what happened to him after the fight. He apparently vanishes without a word.

I attribute that to the game being buggy and unfinished in general. E.g the entirety of Arx, the Void Spider the gods mentioned at the Source tree, Three Altars quest not meshing with the main plot, etc etc.

Anyone know what the gods say if you roll undead or custom origins meeting them? What about Fane and Lohse?

My Main is a custom elf, his god is the elf god, Tyr Cendelius or something, Fane's is Amalia

Undead get Amadia as their god. I don't know what the difference is because I only played through once so far (as undead).

I'd really like to know what Lohse gets in her visions, especially the first one, but I also want to play through with Fane

It's like you people didn't even listen to the ghosts in the academy on "how Lucian became the divine"

In other news, this is now a thing: nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/113/?

Truly a game fit for current year

This mod is a fucking waste, no original mechanics, low synergy with other playstyles, also the novice tier skills are absolute trash, it just repeats stuff other skills already do

I know that, I mean what do they say?
Ifan has his God say shit like "Look at all the people you killed in the past, why? You were originally a good boy who went to church and joined a crusade for me, I liked your zeal and aggression".
I'm just wondering what happens to custom characters, does it impose shit based on tags, or leave everything blank?
It's already bad enough I doubted Sebille then had her say I was kissing elves the night before, how could I doubt her AND play as someone who hates elves, when your dialogue is just l hastily telling her to shut up, being embarrassed or admitting it.
It's going to get in the way of my upcoming human supremacist character who purges elves, lizards and dwarves.

You can't be a human supremacist, it's a current year game. In fact if you're not one of the Tumblr character it's hard to roleplay something else than a schizophrenic since because of the tags system your character's dialogue are all over the place.

Fuck.
In DoS1 I had a fun time with my fire and brimstone source hunter, I destroyed an entire village of source cultists.

>final boss is braccus rex because fuck you he didn't die
What a shit fucking twist.

I wouldn't call Braccus the final boss. Lucian did WAY more than him in that fight.

>I had to fight everyone
That was a fucking nightmare, let me tell you.

Two games in a row, I expect him in the third.
Not that I like him, it just seems like they will keep bringing him back.

I would prefer a game where I get to hatefuck Ygerna. Divinity 2 was pretty cool on that side, you could spend the game telling people to fuck off left and right.

I was tempted to restart the fight after the melees got pinned down, since I knew it wouldn't end very well. I'm glad I didn't though, because that fight ended up quite memorable.

Get Wings bruh. Mobility problems are then gone.

>Kraken teleports anywhere it wants in the arena, usually right behind you, every single round

Yeah I just fucked that fight up in one and a half rounds (second phase). The Kracken only summoned dudes twice total and never got a chance to actually attack. Dallas died to a single Arrow Storm, the Divine and most of his allies were already down when the shit started, and I proceeded to fuck up Rex and most of the dudes he summoned first time before they could do anything with a second Arrow storm and some arrow sprays.

By the way where did that dragon go after I helped him? He said he'd come back and help at some point so I fully expected to see him swoop down after the worm popped up. But I haven't seen him again.

He flew back to Yiff Kingdom. Forever.

He "Helped" by destroying the Shriekers for you, because you totally couldn't have handled that yourself.

Assuming you didn't kill the shriekers before you met him I guess, in which case he does fuck all

Should have killed him, easy 6k exp and the best sword in the act.

How important are shriekers?
I killed a bunch, now my stuff is uncharged and I want to kill the only one who can charge them.
Fuck this shit, I'm done trying to get along with them.
Fuck Sebille the most, my pyro merchant is dead.

There's actually someone who can charge that shit?

Anyway, there's only a couple at fort joy (several at the final fight area and one near gareth). In driftwood you eventually get the ability yourself, once you've expanded your source and finished the ritual.

i didn't even know you could talk to one of them, just killed them all

Also you guys think Thunderstorm is the most broken spell in the game? you are so fucking wrong
Blessed Smoke Cloud is far more broken, put it on a Wit focused character, and do it in the beggining after summoning a beefy creature, since your entire party will be invisible the enemies will spend their turn gathering arround the beefy summon, you don't even need to teleport them arround
Also if you have The Pawn you can go out of the cloud, cast spells and run back in with little to no AP cost

I hate the designs in this game so much.

reminds me of that antifa professor

Killing the Tumblr characters and having pop up again can be infuriating. I just want to rid my game of them.

Am i the only one who thinks Summoning is way too powerful? They should make a Psychic school just to put Charm on it, summoning doesn't need it, its already too good

What's the worst school/class?
I'm thinking its huntsman.
Also how do I put out necrofire? I saw a guy in the maze and blessed water under him, it did nothing.
That maze was horrible. Then a statue sent me back.

Huntsman is the second best nigga
Don't level it past lv5 tho

Worse is scoundrel, only useful skills are sleep, sneaky teleport and blessed cloud

Unless you are talking about the passive, in that case yes, the height advantage needs a small buff

Huntsman is THE strongest damage class, especially with his Source abilities.

The worst is probably Scoundrel. It lacks the hard CC of Warfare, has no AOE, and splits it's effects between magic and physical in a bad way.

The height advantage is OK because it's a multiplicative bonus. I think maybe it's additive with crit damage (weird I know, but I recall reading that). A few points in Warfar and a few in huntsman and a few in scoundrel all result in a lot more damage (from high ground crits) than a lot in warfare.

What 3SP is better than Arrow Storm? That shit 1-shots everything.

Thunderstorm… unless the enemy is resistant to Air damage

Who sells huntsman spells?

Scoundrel would be just fine if most skills worked with all finesse weapons

In Fort Joy? i think it was one of the NPCs near the arena hatchdoor, in the kitchen i think

Just a theory, but if I were able to get >100% of an element resistance I heal right?

I wish I could reset my race and not lose progress. Lizards resist fire right?
If anyone has enough resistance to fire, can they test how practical it is to walk around with necrofire burning constantly? Wouldn't it be constantly healing? No chills to worry about either.

The scoundrel skill that hamstring through armor and does pure damage as the victim move can be rally good.

Clearly you've never tried rupture+chicken+haste with the torturer talent. Always good for laughs, especially on bosses.

I've done it. No point in torturer though. Or haste really. Chicken tends to stop moving when it hits a wall, so you only really get one turn of movement anyway.

Uh, why is it so easy to fuck Fane?
I'm an undead dwarf, how does this even work?

been a while since that happened

Yes, but there is max resistance, i don't know how much it is, i suppose is 90% or 100% unless you are using a special skill
The Polymorph+Element skills give you 100% of each resistance and allow you to gain a

gain extra resistance from passives going over 100%

no idea why only part of my post went through

If you fight fair, sure. If you spam invisibility and the ridiculous movement speed inherent to the skill, you can sneak into combat, assassinate someone before the fight starts, then zip out of there before anyone can do anything.

The skills are still pretty bad for that. Invisibility comes from Polymorph for starters

That's very true. Honestly, there are only 3 worthwhile Scoundrel skills, but Sawtooth Blade is definitely one of them.

I haven't used a Scoundrel but I have to say the *teleports behind you* skill looks like it could be awfully useful too.

Why does magic feel so shit? The spells are fun to use, but they're utterly useless compared to physical damage.

non-steam version?

Sawtooth blade is definitely NOT one of them. There is absolutely no point to Piercing damage in the game. Breaking armor, which is less than vitality 99% of the time, leaves the enemy as good as dead anyway, and unless you built your whole team around Piercing you wouldn't be able to do enough of it to kill, so you would still be reliant on breaking armor first.

Backlash is probably the best skill they have. Not specifically because of the teleport (it's the shortest range teleport in the game), but because it does a decent amount of damage AND movement for only 1 AP, when virtually all damage abilities are 2AP.

Because Larian HATES fun. Spells were fucking amazing in DivOS1 at release, but they've been steadily nerfed until now there's really no point in using magic classes except for challenge.

You're not doing enough backstab damage if you're not killing them in one shot.

hardtosayit/10 would crush

Why the fuck does your ship look like that?

It looks like he's half in the Hall of Echoes and half out at sea.

Only 3344 armor though. If you get a turn you should be able to tear through that on a single character even level 14

I didn't expect that. I figured it would be Epics at best, and that only very infrequently.

Almost all of them are shit anyway

When are we gonna get a mod that combines all the musical instruments into one track?

the fuck are you nigs on about massive damages. I am lucky if my character destroys 200 armor in his turn. I'm playing Hard difficulty with 4 character party and am lvl 12. Does normal difficulty boost your damage output or what?

What's the max level of most skills? I'm pouring stuff into specific ones, but feel I would be better with a mix, e.g instead of 5 scoundrel I should go 2 scoundrel, 2 polymorph and 1 necromancy.

Because the armour systems are shit.
Lets look at this.
So fun! But wait it gets better
Fuck that, it's easier to just focus on physical damage because even if you cast restoration on an undead, it only damages physical armour, what your healer is a mage? Have fun knocking down his other shield to actually contribute when no one needs healing.

I'm tempted to respec and go pure physical, but I want to finish the game and learn of future bullshit. Like how in DivOS you know that you need to focus firstly on handling undead and fire, then worry about orcs later, have independent trait if using beirdottr, etc. I prefer OS1 though, I like the aspect of blessing and cursing things, damage based on verticality, extra races, and all that. But I still prefer the first, so far anyway.

What's everyone's thoughts on the music compared to the first? I prefer the first games, haven't found anything that stood out yet.
Cello best instrument.

I'd recommend getting gud instead of spending your time crying about how the evil world is keeping you down. Magic is fine, but that doesn't fix your fucked up party composition/characters of course.

I assume either magic penis or exchanging bones.

It's alright, but the best part is being able to pick which instrument you want to hear. I like the banjo thing, I can't remember what the exact name is.

Music doesn't stand out to me in either game, which is perfectly fine. While some games have exceptional music sometimes I feel like ambient music should ideally generally go totally unnoticed.

I've been getting the same DirectX error since I installed the game, can't play more than 10 minutes at a time without the game crashing. I have everything updated, including my drivers, so I don't know what may cause that.
I tried playing with everything in the lowest settings but doesn't work, I don't know what to do. I just want to play as a cool skeleton

>it jumps into my dwarf

Just kill the dwarf while chained, the quest reward is garbage

fuck off chaim