Tree levels

So after playing Treetop Trouble in Cuphead I came to realize how much I love these kind of forest/woods levels that's more than just trees in the background, but actually let you interact with the trees and even enter inside them.

I'll post some more, these were the first ones that came to mind now.

Battlefront lets you run around on Kashyyyk and Endor.

That's cool, I always loved DKC's treetop town which was also inspired by these star wars tree houses. Very, very comfy, although the level didn't really have much interaction with the backgrounds. Can you enter the treetop huts on the Battlefront mod?

I was going to post that one and forgot.

You posted this faster than I could contribute to your thread, user.

White jungle kinda counts. You get inside trees a lot in it.

Best tree levels

Still not as bad as Lightning Look-out, though

Superb taste.

Why do people have trouble with this level? The rhythm isn't too hard to figure out, and there's usually lots of barrels to go around.

I have no idea. I was able to beat it fairly easily as a child. The motherfucker in pic related on the other hand was just plain gay. Seriously, the mechanics for this boss are free flash game tier. Also looks like goatse when he shoots at you. Sage for non-tree level

I'm with you OP

Forests are the best.

I hated that boss and Cranky's showdown.

I didn't have trouble with most of it, but there was one or two spots near the end that were a massive pain in the ass for me. That fucking oyster boss was probably the hardest thing in that game for me.

Sage for not trees.

The Yggdrasil level in Dragon Quest Heroes is really pretty. I hope there is a similar area in the second game, I haven't played it long enough to find out.

All the bosses in that game were shit though. They had next to nothing to do with the rest of the game.

This is what came to mind first when I read "Tree Levels".
Second would be Tokara Forest from Unreal Tournament.

Le Koro was maximum comfy.

smh.
not picking the superior forest level

Good shit, I love SNES trees. I remember the first time I played MMX I kept getting distracted by the little details on the trees rather than on enemies.
RPGs have a lot of good looking trees.
Similar to Actraiser, MMX and Demon's Crest there's the Forest of Monsters on Castlevania IV (I especially love that part where you can actually see the tree roots underground, really amazing), Skyblazer also has cool tree hoping parts.
I also remembered a game I played as a kid, Jungle Book on Genesis. It had a tree level with huts and you would use tree holes as sort of elevators through the level maze. I was never a big fan of these type of game design where levels are all maze-type rather than more action oriented, but I remember playing it a lot, mostly because of the settings and the good visuals.
Lastly, I remembered in Goemon's Great Adventure there's actually a place called Tree Stump Village. It's like a town full of people inside a gigantic tree stump. Said place is also in the underworld, so I guess it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense. It's really moody, rather than scary though.

Posting the best forest music.

Gotta be this one for me, the percussion and the drums, then the organ. It's like a jazzy goth rock number and somehow it perfectly fits the mood for a cursed forest.

this looks nice

Talking to cherrymon for lore and training, and the various uses for trees in Claymates are good stuff

Awwww yeah.

NA NA NANANA

Fuck the OP.
What's the best tree you can fuck

Donkey Kong Country 3 has my favorite tree levels. They all have their own variety in terms of level design and enemy/obstacle set-up as well. Plus I love the music.

This game is so fucking under rated, it is saddening. Play Brute Force if ya have an Xbox. You can play as a dual wielding tanky minigun nigga, a lizard nigga, an invisible hunny, or a bitch that'll shoot ya ded

That forest level in M&L: Dream Team was fantastic.

I liked High Tome Forest from Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?

The stages in this game has a fun mechanic where you can pick them in any order and clearing a stage makes a hour of time pass in the game. So depending on what order you do them in, the sun could be shining brightly in this level, at sunset, or the dead of night, with the level getting tougher as a result.

TumblrHead fag go home

You're a fucking failure as a human being.

Tumblr get out

Guys…

Out

Post trees or GTFO, shitposter.

Lol

This really applies to DKC3 in general, which is one of the parts of it that I prefer over DKC2. Even if some of the designs were swings-and-misses.