BATTLEFRONT 2 MULTIPLAYER IS BACK

It's on steam for 10 bucks

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/z4jEm
moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads/unofficial-v13-patch-r129-for-gog-and-steam
please
archive.fo/I4FDr
github.com/JACoders/OpenJK
hooktube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE
swbstats.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Now, if Zero Editor could work on Windows 10 I could provide you people with some interesting maps.

as in, I don't need to download any 3rd party shit or edit .ini files to join some hodgepodge network? I just click on the server of my choice and join? If that's the case I may take a peek.

If this is true does anyone of you anons want to start up a server real quick??

I have yet to re-download the game, BUT other than that it would be nice to have a decent vanilla server with friendly fire ON, the last times I played there were only these explosive spamming servers all over the place.

Redownloading, will give it a try.

archive.is/z4jEm

That's an unusually benevolent move by Disney, especially with nuBattlefront 2 coming out soon.

They might be trying to fuck EA over. I heard rumors they aren't pleased with the way EA is handling the exclusive deal, and who can blame them? EA got sole rights to make Star Wars games and all they've managed to shit out in 4+ years is two subpar Battlefield rehashes.

Isn't the common rumour that Disney is really disappointed about the EA / DICE stuff? Like Battlefront being a colossal disappointment and EA doing fuckall with their exclusive right to Star Wars vidya. Maybe this is them trying to get some sales out of a old game since nobodys really buying / playing / liking the DICE games?

What is happening? Is this some kind of ruse? Did they planted malware in the patch?

I can see them doing it.

This is the first I've ever heard about infighting between Disney and EA.

WHO GONNA BE A HUGE DICK AND UNLOCK PRECISION PISTOL HERE

ENJOY GETTING SNIPED ACROSS THE MAP WITH A PISTOL FAGS

I'M COMING FOR YOU user, YES YOU WHO DECIDED TO SCROLL OVER THIS SPOILER, WHEN YOU GET 1 SHOTTED BY MY PISTOL JUST KNOW THAT YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

No idea, they apparently were insanely pissed about EA forcing the modders who were trying to fix up the Free Radical Battlefront 3. It isn't even the first game to bring back multiplayer for. They brought Star Wars Empire at War multiplayer back last month.

Think they patched the get outside the capital ship in space battle glitch? I really hope not, discovering that when the game first came out was the fucking best thing to mess around with

We already have a thread for this: >>>13510188
Also the new multiplayer is fucking broken anyway, the game freezes on the server browser 95% of the time, and even if you do get into a server there are connection issues that usually result in you being dropped in between games

I missed out on this the first time around, but fondly remember the DOOM/Quake/Tribes days. Is this actually fun to play right now, on Steam, with the average dumbed down subhumans that have ruined everything since, or should I skip it again?

This better be as good as I remember if I'm spending money on it again

2 can play at that game. Its go time motherfucker.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors were true, in 4 years EA has only released one SW game (I'm not counting the smartphone games).

I've heard this before; supposedly the rebooted Battlefront had ridiculously low sales and Disney was very displeased.

Seems to crash a lot right now, or just freeze up. I'll give them sometimes to fix the shit before giving it a try again.

Is been crashing since Win Vista and multicores, the workaround has something to do with the audio device, I think you have to disable or tweak the microphone settings.

fug

THE FUCK IS GOING ON?! Though I am hearing that apparently its borked right now.

THERE ARE ANONS WHO'VE POSTED IN THIS THREAD AND WILL POST IN THIS THREAD WHO WON'T PLAY BEST CLASS

HEAVY WEAPON CLASS

IF YOU DON'T PLAY AS THIS MUTHERFUCCER THEN YOU'RE AUTOMATICALLY A THROWER AND SHOULD BE BOOTED AS SOON AS YOU LAUNCH THE GAME TBQHWYFAM

I recall everyone and their mother playing Engineer and never healing any teammate, only themselves.

Plz explain

oh the joy you will have as you see anons panic, frantically trying to shoot your missile as you boost the shit out the fucker straight up their ass all while safely snugged away in a small safe spot barely outside the map boundries

The only problem is unlocking those fuckers in certain maps, you need 4 criticals on a vehicle and some vehicles have the worst possible spots for critical hits.

Was about to get fappin but I guess that can wait

Is not the only map you will be playing on certain servers, as I said, it was nearly impossible to find one with friendly fire enabled.

the patch is pretty much broken. most people just crash when trying to open the server browser. there's a lot of threads for it on the steam discussion forums.

Actually I just found a fix for this. It's completely retarded. if you leave your mouse cursor hovering over the "cancel" button after clicking "Multiplayer" to open the server browser, the game won't freeze up or crash and the browser will load.

Here let me fix that for you

*jumppacks behind u*
Notthin perrsonnel, rebel scum

*de-cloaks behind you*
Nice try, kiddo.

Just use gameranger.

You didn't get dubs.

But these dubs will haunt you like my spirit will haunt you and make sure you never have sex with a pretty girl

>laptop being taken away tomorrow because armyjob training
WHY

The screen freezes when I choose multiplayer, but single player works and it's as good as it was in the days of yore.
I bet that this act of generosity is a test to see if a remake could sell. Not a shitty battlefield reskin, but just the original game made technically superior.

any way I can get the new servers to work on my retail copy?

I lost the last friend I ever made because I had to go to basic training and they never logged back in to Guild Wars after I got back.

Did one of you fuck up or is that the halfchan faggots?

GET A SERVER UP AND RUNNING YOU STUPID FAGGOTS

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH WEEBS

pw for that is nigger, I think.

That doesn't work either

Sorry to hear that user

Gonna start a game

Password is: ihearttumblr

scratch that the game will be 8/v/ and password is lgbtpride

Figured it out. It's a halfchan game.
password is clankers
join at own risk

I figured it was halfchan
At least you wont get banned for calling other players niggers
i hope
that being said I would rather play with you fags if someone sets it up. I keep timing out when I try to join a server.

But will they bring back SWG, that's the real question.

How much time for a pirate version and Holla Forums`s game night?

nigga don't get my hopes up

can't get it workin sorry, keep getting unknown errors

fuck this MP, I want it to work but it doesn't
had a big game running (like 20+ people in) on hoth and everybody but me either crashed or disconnected simultaneously

It's half price on gog and it has crossplay with steam users.

Multiplayer is broken anyway.

So we gameranger again?

Time to reinstall, just got done with work and Cardiovascular medical testand I need to blow off some steam

This the kind of jewery I can get behind.

Any word if the game is alive in the Asia-Pacific region? I don't want to waste my time redownloading a dead game.

Its buggy and im shit, but Im glad its back.

Works around the New York area, cuckchan has a working server up but things are still rough.

Man I totally forgot about webm related.

Heroes assault-Mos Eisley
This was the fucking Jam.

Does Jedi Outcast/Academy need third party shit for MP? We know for sure the source code hasn't been lost (its publicly released) so it seems like a reasonable guess for the next thing.

Wonder if the language of the contract allows for ports (or even remakes) of existing console/arcade games to PC.

I'm still amazed by how EA managed to fuck up a license to print money that badly.

Anyone else experiencing fucked up audio? Shits going off and on, low and high.

I think you might need Gameranger

GODDAMN IT! I'M HAPPY IT'S BACK BUT WTF IS WITH THE CRASHES!?

If you'll allow me to be an optimistic fool.
When EA's time with the licence expires then that may also be when Epsiode 9 is out and over with. with that being old news by then I hope that can give future Devs the freedom to make more of the great and unique games that we've gotten through out the years. Instead of being force to make some crap to tie into the movies.

Bounty Hunter 2 staring Boba Fett Never ever

Why wouldn't you just pirate it and use gameranger?

do have a source on that user? low sales numbers or disney comments?

Not really a source, but the first nuBattlefront died off in playerbase extremely fast after it released and never surged in popularity on any platform, even with sales. Compare this to a game like Battlefield 4 where thousands and tens of thousands of people are playing it at all times across any platform many years later. Star Wars has more widespread appeal than a military FPS like Battlefield, yet the game EA/Dice pumped out was so bad that even the most normalfag of normalfag forgot it existed after two weeks of it being released.

Thanks user, I knew it was bad but never really looked into it because the game despite being pretty just felt like heresy
Glad to know it was a total failure

The production value of it was a Star Wars wet dream, but the actual gameplay was blander than oatmeal. If Disney/EA genuinely wanted to salvage the reboot franchise, they should release mod tools and let people fix it.

Do you think that they learned from that wet mess and improved on all of it in the second one?
I might pirate it depending on how the actual gameplay looks.
I will never play as the magical nigress, tho

I remember being bored to death during the E3 presentation of it, so most likely not.

It seems like they tried to listen to small amounts of feedback, but ignored most complaints and fucked everything up anyway. The game went back to being a class-based shooter, but the classes are too simplistic, the star card system is still around, and there are loot crates that drop random tiered cards that can give you stat boosts.

Sounds like the game might sell a bit more but ultimately still fail.
I wonder what (((Disney))) is going to do then.

HD remake of BF2

Does this shit work if you just download the GOG copy? Like UT2004

Or do you have to use GOG Galaxy/Steam?

(checked)
Stop is user, I might cream my pants just thinking about it.

Holla Forums server when?

I still don't understand what they are trying to do with that. Battlefront's campaign was good for making a story that fit the gameplay, was a bit of fanservice, and allowed you to do things that weren't allowed outside of it, like having storm troopers fighting droids.

Off topic idea: Kojima and one of the better EU authors make a SW bounty hunter game using MGSV's engine.

Do these dubs dare lie?

Sucks being an Ausfag

Is there much of a difference in how tough the AI is depending on if the difficulty setting is on normal/elite?

You're playing with a god damn monkey's paw you fucker.

Fucking kek

vvevv

There was a dev team who cut a deal with Valve to release a free, recreated Battlefront III through Steam, but EA shut it down, which somehow angered Disney for what I presume is managing their IP without their consent.

Unofficial patch has been updated to work with this new version.

moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads/unofficial-v13-patch-r129-for-gog-and-steam

Okay, so according to this article, Lucasfilms and therefore Disney was actually interested in releasing the game, but EA owns the rights to Star Wars video games. Disney discussed licensing the game with EA, but EA refused because it didn't want it to compete with nuBattlefront II. Disney was then strong-handed into sending a Cease & Desist notice because of this contract and now a great game will fade into obscurity because it doesn't have the Star Wars branding.

please use archive.ism/2016/08/01/lucasfilm-and-ea-shut-down-fan-made-star-wars-battlefront-3-revival-galaxy-in-turmoil/

archive.fo/I4FDr

It wouldn't be surprised

When the guys trying to revive the original BFIII went to Disney, Disney said "cool go ahead guys"

EA threw a shitfit. I think Disney might actually be trying to do shit to undermine EA

So does the update fuck up mods or what?

That's the worst part, you even throw the packs in front of them and they ignore it.

My raucous laughter is not only of amusement, but of knowledge that a hint of justice exists in this cold, desolate mudball in the corner of cosmic seas of black infinity.

seems like multiplayer is completely fucked right now for some reason
at least the campaign is still great

Does the multiplayer work for the disk version as well or do I need to buy it again?

I doubt it since it's all through GoG Galaxy
It's only like $4 tho

I've been playing a shit load of this on xbox with my best friend, game is my new-old crack. I was already gonna get the PC version to fuck with the fan made online but now this shit is fucking on.

Especially on the republic ship where it had a huge border you could walk around on all around the ship.

Oh damn, I'm gonna have to play this, if you see some faggot with a trillion ping its probably me.

Reminder to anons we got a star wars galaxies guild going with starfighters, threads up.
Also fuck yes unpozzed battlefront, does anyone know if all the textures are still fucking red for AMD cards?

RX 480 here
No issues on my side

is Holla Forumsiggers ours or cuckchans?

user please

Can anyone confirm if Zero Editor (from the mod tools) runs on Win7/10 using an AMD GPU? because it utterly refused to run using nVidia, interestingly enough it could run if your monitor was plugged to an intel on-board graphics port.

Are the servers still fugged?

where's ours then? I know anons keep saying they're getting problems but i need it. please

password is incorrect, they may have changed it

I RAMBA RAL WILL DO IT IF NO ONE ELSE WILL BUT BE PREPARED FOR SHITTY CONNECTIONS

I can host if you fags would like

do it

Fine
Installing it again

Yeah it doesn't seem to work according to some thread on steamforums. I guess they encrypted the .exe and added some .dlls.

Ok, I'm hosting

Server: LIKE POTTERY
Pass: POETRY

can't see it

Strange

DELETE THIS!

Bumping for a serverhost.

Impressive.

Try it now

I CAN'T CONNECT TO SERVERS

WHY

Nyet.

Yeah, I seem to be having that issue as well. I'm not crashing at the multiplayer screen like others, but none of the servers I connect to actually let me connect / I'm not connecting. Guess I'll hope for a patch or something tomorrow.

It's fugged right now
A patch is getting worked on according to the gog forums

why doesn't this shit work

FUCKING NIGGER DICKS

THE SIREN SONG CALLS TO ME
BUT I HAVE YET TO TASTE THE SWEET WINE OF MULTIPLAYER

Just think of how happy all the anons will be.

Yesterday the game got stuck as soon as I clicked multiplayer, but today I got a server list before error messages followed by an empty server list.
On gameranger the only populated server is french and when I tried to get a U.S. one it eventually was just the back ground with my mouse over it.
Did I do something wrong?

They're trying to figure out how to get a game's multiplayer to work when the archaic system it was built to function on got shut down years ago. Give them a little time.

They also didn't expect anywhere near the number of people trying to play as well

Can't find the ports to forward
What should I use for BF2?

So, the game isn't working for anyone?

it works for me, i can join random servers but any we've made don't seem to work

It is
Just wait

Is this the right one?

Even just fighting the AI is way more fun than I remember it being, game still holds up well despite the clunky nature of some parts.

no its the other guys

I get a list of servers, but when I try to access one it just says Busy and counts ad infinitum, and when I cancel the whole list disappears and I have to quit the game to get it back.

Heres your 3 cents pajeet, work on that english.

Where did you even come from?

Pretty sure you don't

Also the Source Code was removed instantly and I'm not sure how many people have it.

Looks like a bot broke loose of containment.

Was this actual indian shilling on my obscure quasi weaboo mesage board?

It's right here:
github.com/JACoders/OpenJK
They even have a patched .exe for fixing the widescreen resolution crashes in JA.

I don't know, but at least it was worth a laugh.

fucking nice

I've made a screencap of that.

I got the same problem
patch probably tomorrow sometime

wew

I don't know what's going on

Wookie is taking one for the team by becoming a lunchbox dispenser.

yeah I'm glad they didn't fix that bug

Assuming I am able to continue my mod project from years past there is something I want to disable from all my custom levels and that's the hero thing, would it be a dealbreaker for you? if anything I would rather use the hero slot for a third unlockable class if anything.

How…

…the fuck…

DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS?!?!

holy shit this server browser is buggy as fuck

That sounds neat.

It's still good.

>BATTLEFRONT 2 MULTIPLAYER IS BACK!!!

In-game mod selection menu in options, steam workshop also included.

accidentally click reply too early

there

2005 is classic now wtf

It's over 10 years now.

You're getting older user. When was the last time you looked in a mirror?

this is what happens when the industry itself just rehashes the same names of games only 10 years old

What is going on here

It's most likely an overload, the new master server can't handle the demand. On top of that the patch makes the game less stable overall from what I've seen.
Out of curiosity, can any anons confirm if what I'm seeing in the server browser is a problem on my end? All P2P servers have listed pings of 0, so whether I get into a playable game is up to chance, mostly.

Kinda fishy since the patch was fucking 3.2 gigabytes large. Is that how much it takes to simply add back multiplayer? And a broken one at that???? Fuck EA so much.

I have the same exact issue

Shows the same on my end too, and just like user you're replying to most servers will end up loading endlessly, and if you quit you have to restart the game to see the server list again.

Atleast it helps narrow down what I can actually connect to.

Just pirate that shit. It's not like Pandemic or Lucasarts exist anymore. Not to mention that GameMaster & GameRanger have kept the multiplayer alive regardless of official support.

4$ on GOG

Whoever is hosting don't forget to crank up the bandwith as high as you can in the ONLINE tab, please

Buggy p2p garbage, takes too much effort to even connect to a server. Bravo Disney.

And the game itself is laggy shit even when I join local servers. There's mouse smoothing or some annoying shit I can't seen to turn off either.

OK SO SOME NEWS
Gog is the guys behind this update, disney jsut gave them the OK.

It turns out they (Gog) don't have much in terms of documentation on the old protocols and systems so the initial update is broken with a fix in the pipeline according to their forums.

Wew

Fuck yeah. Disney knows what's up.

That's a total lie. They made assloads of money off Battlefront 2015. The players getting bored after a month or two is irrelevent because they already paid their $60-$90 entry fee.

On pisspoor and xbone maybe, on pc it's dead.

Wait a minute…

This game is terrible

I got to play a few games today with the new servers.
I had 200 ping when in most games I have 20-70 and I eventually lost connection, but the servers are definitely getting better if I was able to play at all.

retards need to read this user's post - problem should be sorted sooner or later

In the menatime..

Let's hope sooner rather than later. I can't connect to any servers right now. Guess I'm just gonna stick to SP. That's all I used to play as a kid anyway.

Why is it so hard to do if they did it in 2005?

It's no that it's hard.
It's that they know that chad will buy anyway.

The development mindset behind both NuBF1 and NuBF2 seems to be making the game as limited in what you can do and casual as possible, far beyond even shit like NuBattlefield games. It clearly didn't sit well even with normalfags because they dropped the first one very fast. Not that any of this matters, those same people will just buy the next game and repeat the process anyway, every single year.

I think the problem with DICE and the new Battlefront and Battlefield games is that instead of making good games first, they try to make a platform for "Battlefield moments (tm)" first. The game itself comes second. They try to make a platform for crazy stuff and try to artificially increase the chances of those happening by dumbing down the gameplay.

Does the Galaxy client act all fussy if I try to launch a pirated version through it and play on one of it's servers?

doesn't work

pretty cool. Can you do galactic conquest where you can pick perks before battles and have a back and fourth as you try to conquer shit? I always wanted to play that mode with someone else.

That's actually a really good point user

Fucker, give serb name

I just ran it as a test mcfucknugget. I'll try running it again later. Just run your own server. People will join or won't

that sounds familiar
sounds like… the fighting game community

here's the rub, I've port forwarded so many ports for so many games I don't know which ones would even do the trick. I guess I'm just lucky.

Will my old code still work or do I have to fork over shekels again

IIT: Holla Forumsirgins are happy. Geniunely happy.

That's a breath of air for once. Even if it's temporary. The funniest part is that Disney made this possible.

More like decided to turn a blind eye.
But it is nice.
October is shaping up to be a pleasant, but stressful month. I'll make that "boss soundtrack" thread sometime in mid-october, just before Halloween mood kicks in and all the summerfags are gone

They never completely leave though
Its been better than August, thats for sure

whats the fucking password?

I wish I could punch you in the dick.

Punch yourself in the dick faggot

Could have said so earlier since no one wants to fucking host.

I want to, but I'm fucking useless

ask >>>/radcorp/ for help

The game is buggy as fuck and I don't even know how good my connection is for people connecting to me because the ping is all over the place. Stem your autism nigger.Shit just got released a few days ago. Give people time to sort their shit out for fuck sake.

I could probably optimize my settings a bit more so the game actually runs well for everyone so we can get decent chunk of people playing at once without the server having a fit.

Still, I don't know how to make it run in the background or if the game can even run in the background. I'm probably one of the least qualified to even host the fucking thing. Someone else with more agency than me would probably make a better host. Again, I was just testing things to see if I could host and how well it worked. I never committed to hosting a server.

I'd play Guild Wars (1) with you a-user

for testing purposes I have a server up

Name- 8CHIN TRASH BIN
password- Faggot1337

Mixture of space, conquest and a handful of CTF.

Let me know how your connection is, bugs you encounter and so on. or don't. Gonna try and have it run in the background.

cant find it

Yea it just went down for me. Worse yet I can't check it to see if it's running. Is there something like a BF2 .bat file configuration where I can have the server running in the background without having to actively play it?

Should be up again. Use the previous server info to connect.

is there really an establishment named meme aids?

No, I just managed to edit it really well in paint.
And nobody will believe me because I barely remember doing it. It used to say Mermaids instead.

wow, that is some good paint-shooping

BF2 Trailer
hooktube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>tfw no ps2 to play it on anymore

What a sad display

Did they fix MP yet?

lol I swear this trend is pure fucking cancer. 15 years ago we were waiting for most games to be 64vs64 and all they've done in 15 years is go backwards to shitty little squad battles that get boring after an hour. 99% of games today are "no-fun allowed" cancer

So, is the MP fixed yet?

Shit, I still remember when Pandemic was aiming to do 75 vs. 75 unit battles in LOTR: Conquest, before EA jewed them.

My experience is it will work for a while and then randomly stop working regardless of whether I'm hosting or I join someone else's game. I don't know what triggers the d/c and with the way network is all screwy it's hard to tell if it's me or the person I'm connecting to. Apart from setting up a lan network it's a fucking mess.

I don't think you can realistically check for every single bug a game might have but simply being able to connect and play for more than a few maps in a row is a little bit of a given I thought. I guess that's expecting too much in 2017…

Anyone want to play?

Over five days later and the networking issues still aren't fixed. Part of me suspects that they got paid by EA to break all of the existing multiplayer workarounds and mods, and this patch was shit on purpose to make people want to buy their new shitty Pozzlefront.

Well at least EA were smart enough to realize how much everyone hates the reboot

maybe

GTFO

Well It's not like it's the first time EA stole the name from a 2005 game
I'm looking at you NfS: Most Wanted (2011)

This was disney's decision, not EA's

Disney did it to fuck with EA since they're pissed at what a shitty job EA has been doing with the SW license

We have a serb up and running? I reinstalled it. I guess I'll be on "a fuck fest" if any other Holla Forumsirgins want to join. It's hunt, just yell some random meme shit ingame I guess

GoG is the one who wanted to do the patch, Disney simply okay'd it.

Shit, and 10 bucks. God damn, I hope this thread pops up more I need to get the game fuck, I loved playing this back on consoles.

Do they still have that stupid medal grind for different weapons thing?

Yes, but that part is more of a singleplayer thing when it comes to permanent unlocks and is completely irrelevant in the multiplayer because they are either turned off completely or set to a baseline level to every player, leaving it only as a reward for doing really well without dying.

Is that new? Because in original SWBF2 once you reached a certain number of medals you actually got all the bonuses including damage boost and health regen as soon as you entered a game, even online.

How the fuck is anyone getting the multiplayer to work?

Got mine to work in the most retarded way, first verified cache and got a missing file then when joining a server hover your mouse but dont click the cancel button and it should drop you in after 10+ seconds

I can confirm that hovering over the cancel button works. It's funny but it does.

this, we need pirated version of the new one

I've never played this game beforeIs it fun?

Trued all the fixes, but didn't work.
Guess I'll wait for GOG to fix the servers.

OK people, turns out I will be able to use ZeroEditor in Windows 10, you know what it means? I will be able to retake my old mod projects, that means is time to get some feedback on some stuff I want to implement.

First, I will get rid of hero units, but I will replace them with a 3rd unlockable unit (probably), second, I will try to have every unit have 2+2 weapons and try to make small differences in same unit different faction stuff.

The thing is, coding a melee unit is not easy so I would like you to give me some ideas about this other special unit and what it should be, some will trade places, for example, the Super Droid will no longer be the standard infantry, it will be one of the three specialist units instead.

As for levels, I have my own vision of those, mostly medium to large levels with vehicles when needed, so, please leave your questions and suggestions.

As far as maps go, one thing that is sorely lacking from BF2 that BF1 had instead of the space battles was air vehicles being present on ground maps, seeing some large scale maps that bring those back would be great.

That's quite easy to do, but I need to add some detail on certain areas as to not reveal que skybox limits and other stuff.

In case this isn't ultra bait, yes it is very fun. It's evidenced by the fact that Holla Forums doesn't hate it.

Disney is infighting with everyone right now, they pulled everything they had off netflix and started their own streaming service a few weeks back.
Must be losing money by the truckload.

One thing I must have is jump packs instead of jetpacks.
-Jump packs: amazing utility that feels amazing to use.
-jetpacks: shitty I can hover around for a second and get shot.
Just go with the jump trooper from BF1.

Actually the Dark Trooper in SWBF2 also uses a jump pack, the only thing jetpacks would need is more movement speed.

What I mean is that you hit launch and it would basically catapult you a good chunk of the map if it was small, instead of hovering. Back in the day when I used to play it on console with a friend, I could only hover. Unless I'm retarded then something is missing.

I played the original battle front for a very short amount of time but what I do remember is that jump pack being one of the most fun things. The embed related is from nufront but it's basically that except more powerful.
Already tried to .mp4 it but that was taking too long.

Yep, same as dark trooper, it literally uses the same system as the hovering, only needs some small tweaks.

And there are people out there who say we can´t have nice things.

Yeah, just got to play as one and I love it. I remember only being able to hover.. which is weird.
Too bad the ARC caster sucks balls. Would rather just have a regular gun or maybe a shotgun. I mean yeah, arc gun is great IF you can charge it up all the way, but you also LOSE your charge when you jump, so…. not as useful for hit and run.

At least the browser works now and you don't have to quit the game to refresh the server list. In the meantime you can still click on the ping icon, since it will list servers based on their ping.

it's an 11s 3mb mp4.

So much lost potential. I wish those assets were being used in a game that wasn't shit.

I would like to basically go with "canon" for weapons, that is everything known from EU, another thing, I won't do anything remotely close to the new trilogy, I refuse to acknowledge that shit's existence.

The remake looks so pretty too bad about the everything else

What are you talking about? There's six movies, three of which are great and three of which would be great without MIDICHLORIANS and Hayden Christensen's poor acting/whoever directed him being complete ass. I forget which it was, maybe both.
The writing was kind of a shitshow too but I loved the universe/setting it was in.
Cannon sounds pretty great, give it no splash but above an ass rate of fire, should be able to jump in, murder 1 or 2 guys quickly, then jump out. Small magazine maybe? like 3 or 5 shots?
Is it sad I only play republic for commando because I love his gun? Otherwise it's empire or memedroids, but never rebel scum. Too much diversity quota.

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A STARWARS SKINNED BATTLEFIELD GAME
JUST KEEP DOING THE SAME THING YOU'VE DONE FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS YOU NIGGERS

Something that I experimented long ago were the flamethrowers that literally wasted ammo too fast with their bursts, when I turned them to "manual" sometimes the engine was unable to keep up and the particles disappeared but the weapon was still working, so that means you could get burned by invisible fire.

server shittery going on so I have no idea if this is a double post but in this case I don't care

HOLY SHIT BOYS IT STILL WORKS.
S P A C E W A L K
P
A
C
E

W
A
L
K

Important Question is will they give up on EA and make Westwood (I Don't give a shit about their new name) develop Empire at War 2 only this time focused on the Empire

*Campaign that is Focused on the Empire

Can I still play online with others who have the Same mods as me?

as long as the servers support the mods you downloaded user and what game?

For an "outdoors" map to test my stuff in mods what would you like to see? I mean, from the available planets and all.

EA has exclusive rights to make Star Wars videogames

Disney will soon Say FUCK YOU to EA anyway, because DIVERSITY does not sell and maybe ye olde devs make star wars games

6 years to go till their license expires.

Lets hope they won't Rape Republic Commando 2 With MUH STRONG INDEPENDENCE or something

You're fucking crazy if you really believe that Disney is done with pushing the diversity shit. They're on a whole other level than even EA or DICE in pushing that shit into their products. Any dissatisfaction Disney has with EA and their use of the Star Wars license is entirely because of EA just not doing much with the license besides getting DICE to pump out their shitty takes on the Battlefront series and generally being a bloated inefficient mess.

now add the numbers of nublattlefront 1

Can't, Nublattlefront 1 is an origin game, and i don't believe their are any real time numbers for their games.

servers still fucked?

No idea how accurate these are, but here are the numbers from this site: swbstats.com/

Currently online players

PC: 662 (24h peak: 3,090)

XBOXONE: 3,733 (24h peak: 9,060)

PS4: 4,564 (24h peak: 11,062)

Total: 8,959

already on it, fam.

I had a pretty good time playing heroes vs villains this morning, lag meant I got my shit pushed in a lot, but still killed the fag who was ganking me a fair amount so I felt satisfied.

Honestly it's hit or miss.
Here are some tips:
Yep, it's fucked right now, the good news is shit is still sorted by ping so after you first load or refresh the screen the top matches should be the ones you try and connect to.
Yeah, GOG says they're working on it. It may or may not get fixed soon, the modding community certainly has ways to fix it.
There are third party services to do this, I haven't tried, but I hear SWBSpy is the best. Maybe give that a try. I've mostly been doing the single player so I'm not scrubbed the fuck out when online does come back.

You're playing on Elite, right user?
Been doing a galactic conquest and I can't seem to take felucia, though 3/4 of the rest of the galaxy is mine my troop numbers seem to magically drop on that one planet.

Holla Forums thread- US east (password required)
Is this us or cuckchan?

Of course. The AI is honestly too retarded even on elite. Try combat shielding bonus, I use that on any planet and for some reason the AI seems to do far better.

Thanks, I've been trying to use enhanced blasters, or heroes to scoop enough kills, but most attacks even end up where It's me vs 20 guys and usually nothing but a vehicle. One time I held off endor in an ATST against 86 guys. I won. Another was only 5~ guys but I had no vehicle. That was some fun guerilla warefare.
Honestly at this point I have no idea what kind of server bullcrap is happening with my posts so I don't know if I'll end of with a double post… thanks codemonkey.

Yeah, the ai can be really hit and miss, but it's really fun to pull a win back from nothing. I remember I had one match where it was just me and an AI in a tank guarding our last outpost as wave after wave came at us and we mowed them down. Good times.

Also for space combat Sabotage is really good.

I have no trouble winning space combat.
1) If you want to win via kill ship, rush their shields down and turrets end up killing half the ship IF the ships are side by side. Otherwise, have fun bombing more.
2) Killing by fighters takes a while, but is doable.
3) I'll literally park a lander in their hangar and start an invasion. This almost always works and is fun if you're tired of blowing up ships literally every turn because you have a fleet guarding a bottleneck. You can park it in front of their health dispenser and have access to free healing. Also, while I can get away with meandering into their internal rooms on normal, it doesn't work so well on elite so don't try that unless you enjoy watching 6 or 7 AI's shoot your dead body for a couple seconds after every death.