3DS Homebrew Bread

I don't have the pasta edition
3ds.guide

B9S AKA Boot9strap is perfectly safe and did nothing wrong! Edition

Also TWLoader / nds-bootstrap compatibility has shot through the roof and got a significant performance boost since the devs figured out how to address 32 MBs of RAM in TWL mode. Basically any ROM less than 32 MBs is just loaded into RAM for cartridge-level speeds. Even games bigger than this got a performance boost as a result, you should check it out. Heart Gold/Soul Silver run great now. Keep in mind you also need a Mario Kart DS "Donor ROM" to run most shit without white-screening. Just grab any MKDS ROM, put it in the ROM folder, and set as donor rom by pressing "select" on it and you're golden.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/kantontr-ntr-plugin-for-pokemon-red-and-blue-virtual-console-games.445149/
mega.nz/#!pjgRHDQZ!iX5aZqq6oDU0Gp6-j3aDlt29zV5wMGYmJJvT7xXeICM
3ds.guide/
freeshop.pw/
notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
smealum.github.io/3ds/
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
gbatemp.net/threads/faq-is-freeshop-legal.469135/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-nes-vc-injector-for-3ds.437415/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-basicnesinjector-automatically-inject-nes-vc-rom-files.435086/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-nes-injection.433414/
mega.nz/#F!u81lyLYa!LCjbGRZO6nRe7OFV58o9Gg
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
3ds.guide/updating-b9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gbatemp is shitting itself, can I get a link to nds-bootstrap?

did anything happen to B9S recently? It, alongside LumaB9S haven't been updated in months…

Did anyone try Homebrewing with a new 2ds?

Has EO5 been leaked in English yet?

GBAtemp is always shitting itself. Give me the tl;dr of why this time.

It's just a lot of 502 or 504 errors on the site.

I laughed.

How long until we don't need a hardmod, a hacked 3DS or a flash cart to hack 11.6? ;_;

I think I've got the updated freeshop fork but couldn't find monster hunter stories in eu or us?

Are there any CIA files for any gen 1 and 2 pokemon randomizer rom hacks?

The database itself may not have been updated. If it's not on Freeshop you can try to see if CIAngels database is up to date

There's an NTR Plugin
gbatemp.net/threads/kantontr-ntr-plugin-for-pokemon-red-and-blue-virtual-console-games.445149/

It was on CIAngels, does freeshop usually take a while to update their database now that the guy og guy went to prison?

Slowpoke still on O3DS 11.3.0-36U here.

What's the current firmware?

Haven't been online in forever and suddenly I've got a hankering to play Pokemon Moon( cart copy) again.

Latest is 11.6. You didn't miss much, just (((Improved Stability))) although if you do update make sure to grab the latest BootNTR if you use it. And if you don't then you should, there's a Sun and Moon Cheats plugin available, make sure to grab NTR Mode 3 if you have an Old 3DS and find the Old 3DS Optimized version of the SunMo cheat plugin

B9S shouldn't get many updates at all, unless their serious bugfixes.
Luma has commits, but no releases. You could use a nightly if you care, but I can't see much of importance to update for.

Treated the same as a N3DS. 11.3 or under to B9S.

When Nintendo calls it quits on the 3DS. There's 2 end of life hacks I know about that will be released then. Other than that, you'd need to wait for devs to crack it, which they won't because most of the big fish have moved onto the Switch to get some more fame.
That being said, the Switch is going pretty good at the moment.

Just buy 2 R4 flashcarts. One to hack, one for games. You then have access to a Nintendo handheld machine for under $30USD.

Freeshop needs a cache of title name, ID, pictures, text etc before it displays. Not updated instantly (though it really should be). CIAngel doesn't do this so it appears instantly.

Culcept CIA yet? EOV yet?

mega.nz/#!pjgRHDQZ!iX5aZqq6oDU0Gp6-j3aDlt29zV5wMGYmJJvT7xXeICM
from 3dsiso, also, don't expect a etrian odyssey 5 CIA until at least a few days before release

I already have a hacked O3DS with B9S

If I ever decided to upgrade to a N3DS and it had 11.6 would the process be straightforward hacking it through my O3DS?

So I have A9lh and want to get another SD card for the 3DS. Is it possible to have a bunch of games on 1 SD card, and another bunch of different games on the 2nd SD card?

Thanks bro. It CIAngel had it the quickest yesterday. As for EO5, given how early SMT4A got leaked, I'd say it should be in the next week.

Now that the Switch is gaining traction, 3DS is being left behind. Not to mention the 3DS hacking fanbase being as cancerous and greedy as the PSP one.

Of course, there are still people working on it, but take a look at the actual working speeds and the will to work behind it. Both are at an absolute low, with all the big names keeping their hacks for "when Nintendo will drop support for all 3DS".

As for ntrboot, which could be the end of all hacks ? Only a few flashcarts are working on, and only half the most popular ones.

I'm hoping for a decent solution to ensure newly released n2DS XL will get a piracy measure released, but outside of these (or soldering lel), no hopes due to lack of support.

The 3DS is being left behind because it is already fully cracked.

anyone have a .cia for yokai watch 2 psychic specters? also a 100% save file

The PSP failed because it was a console with a mediocre library at best with maybe a small handful of gems. Not because of piracy. Pokemon SunMo are the fastest selling Pokemon games and they were released right as most 3DS versions were already cracked wide open. It never had anything to do with piracy, stop spreading this bullshit lie.

Yeah, n2DS XL owners can attest. As well as people under 11.5+ firmware.

Have you seen the PSP hacking "community" during the 2.0 to 3.0 era ? Cancerous little shits stealing others' exploits and releasing them unfinished because they wanted their 10 minutes of glory. Ugly little shitlords thinking they deserved to get games months before their official releases. Devs thinking they have the moral highground and outright refusing to release their source codes so they can continue being famous with updates.

This is partly the case for the 3DS too. Just take a look at Cucktemp if you want proof.

OP copypasta, sorry for missing the new thread.

The guide to modding a 3DS: 3ds.guide/
FreeShop (discontinued): freeshop.pw/
FreeShop fork: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
Titlekeys: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Homebrew Launcher: smealum.github.io/3ds/

Pastebin: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Note: "Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months."

Wow this is so untrue, don't you know that piratea are the good guys and literally saved the psp?

You mean like how they have an entire topic pinned to the front page about how freeshop is entirely legal?
gbatemp.net/threads/faq-is-freeshop-legal.469135/

Of course they did. Sony abandoned the PSP (more or less like they did with the Vita), and third party devs outside of jap ones were quitting it too, until it gained popularity because of the hacking scene.

However, hacking devs caught wind of it and became self-centered assholes, coming back to what I explained in my precedent post. So you are both right and wrong. Congrats, I guess.

No, this is simply a case of Cucktemp mods being retarded.

So, literally no one?

How bad is the DQ7 localization ? Is there a mod for the original script or something ?

Expect any Dragon Quest game to be filled with the cancerous "Oi whachu wan ew lil shite" writing.

please no

There's a very good reason we only play games in their original languages.

>There's a very good reason we only play games in their original languages as long as those languages are Japanese, Russian, or any other language with a non-Latan origin.

FTFY :^)

I'm having a real shit time getting TWLoader to work on anything but MKDS. Getting RGRG dots on Nanashi, what am I fucking up?

So did they fix their bootrom exploits with the N2DS? Also since when has the 3DS hacking community been based on concealing secrets? Besides shits like Gateway pretty much every major hack has been open source.

But freeShop is legal you retard. The program does not hold any copyrighted material* you have to point it to the key database. Same reason why libaacs is legal.

*Obviously ignoring the takedown where their logo was based on the actual eShop one.

Has TWLoader even gotten reliable yet? I haven't touched my 3DS in ages, been too busy with Vita stuff.

Tinkering with it now. Culdcept DS works, but hangs when loading sounds. Cardfighters DS (patched) boots, and maybe now I can legit beat that game. I'll get back to you on non-card game related releases.

And back to card game releases, Card Hero has a Kana Mode for people who can't Kanji, but no English translation.

Anyone know when the Layton game will show up on the freeshop?

Well, the 3DS I bought actually ended up having 11.4. It seems I still have to buy a flash cart or have an already hacked system to install CFW on it though.

Will there be a less fuck-y method of installing CFW on 11.4 in the near future or do I have wait for those end of life hacks too?

Bump.

;_;

wew

So are the Luma devs really trannies? Any pics?

Only the main dev as far as I know. and why you want to look at a tranny, user?

hacks tend to not be announced ahead of time, you dont want to give nintendo time to fix the exploit before it's even released.

Is Samus Returns not on the Freeshop or is my 3DS just borked?

Also gimme good shit to play that I might've missed, no RPGs pls, already had enough of those.

It's there, see if you have the correct titlekeys link.
They changed it a while back.

How do I update them? I was sure Freeshop updated that stuff by itself every once in a while

it updates your titles based on the keys from the url you feed it, but the url changed, user. This isn't rocket science, the source changed. You have to go to settings and change source for a new one.

>3ds.titlekeys.gq/

user I installed this shit 8 months ago and haven't touched it since, I don't know how it works.

Thanks, updating it now

Wait there's GBA games on the eshop now?
Why didn't I hear about this?

Because they were only given to those who bought the original 3DS when it was over $200.

Ah, that's kind of disappointing

Anyone know how to inject nes rom hacks? I tried the 2 injectors but it didnt work.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-nes-vc-injector-for-3ds.437415/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-basicnesinjector-automatically-inject-nes-vc-rom-files.435086/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-nes-injection.433414/

I tried these, the problem Is the translated game isn't supported

What game is it?

Dragon Ball - Shen Long no Nazo

What? I haven't updated Luma or my 3DS in almost a year. What happened?

Out of curiosity, why not use one of the homebrew emulators?

So started on my 2ds and everything was going just fine. Was about to start on the final steps but now my 2ds will not boot. The blue light will come on for a second and than turn off. Did it brick?

Just tried virtuanes then and it works, thanks.

When will homebrew for new 11.6 come out?

Anybody got an average wait time on those R4i Golds? I've been reading about a month for free shipping on the nets, I went ahead and paid for a tracking number at least though.

Jeez, take longer to leak EOV eng why don't yet? Can't learn Japanese because I'm learning gaelic.

Is the SD card still in? Thats what happens when you try to turn it on without the sd inserted.

Mostly for sorcery. Also, EOV leaked last night. mega.nz/#F!u81lyLYa!LCjbGRZO6nRe7OFV58o9Gg

Online games will require you to updare the system.
No bug deal if you have a hacked sysnand, but I don't think it's safe to do with emunand on an old Luma version.

It can take up to a month or so from China, yeah, but usually less. Closer to Christmas will slow it down obviously, but now should still be alright.

How do I get more badges and junk with this? I don't recall but isn't the badge arcade dead now?

Link doesn't work. Says "Invalid title key format." when I try it.

Anyone have the correct title key link for freeshop?

I fucking hate Nintendo and their cheap trash why does this thing have so many games?

Not just that. You'll be lucky if both your top and bottom screen are the same color temperature, even if they're dual IPS or TN.

What am I supposed to update to? Don't care about online.

go into gamestop and ask to see about 10 new 3ds consoles. they'll probably let you turn them on to check out the screens.

I've found that this does happen even with the SD card inserted. To fix it, there are two solutions. The first temp solution is to give your SD card and the slot a good old-fashion blow. The second solution would be to copy everything off of the card, reformat it, and the copy everything back over.

don't update anything

This is horrible. I have backup files from two months ago, though. Will those work?

i'm retarded, can you explain what you're talking about?

So is there actually a point to using Boot9Strap yet? I'm still using A9LH.

not yet, unless you really get hyped about slower boot times.
Eventually BS9 will be better than A9LH but that won't be until they make a breakthrough

In a nutshell: The chinks that Nintendo licensed to make the nu3ds use differing quality screens to make the nu3ds
There is about a few 'levels' of quality, and its dependent on each screen.
When you buy a nu3ds, you are making a gamble on BOTH of your screens if they're actually not shit or not.
As for the problems with the actual screen, its varied. You can get absolute shit screens, or god-tier screens. I don't know if Nintendo fixes this, but if you send in your nu3ds they'll probably just give you another one with your userdata with randomized screens.

Don't directly put the link into the autotitlekey thing dingus.
Scan pic related.

So, is it safe to update on 11.6 while on cfw y/n?

Ask yourself what the answer was for 11.5, and 11.4 and 10.3
The answer will always be yes if you both
A.) Use Luma
And
B.) Use either A9LH or B9S

Luma puts FIRM in read-only mode. It is safe to update and will always be safe. That's why Luma is the "default" CFW

They stopped doing it too. Now the 2DS LL is just 100% dogshit trash screens.

So hows the GBA emulation coming along? I sthe shitty eShop version still the only one that runs decently?

I figure I'll ask this here: How has WiiU homebrew come along the past few months? I set mine up to pirate games a while ago, but I'm curious if there is a way to play online with homebrew now like the 3DS can do.

okay, then i can use the guide to do stuff. Thanks
also: i unbanned myself through friendlist code and disabled all compromising settings, can i go back to use freeshop without getting B& again?

Is the SNES emulator still new 3DS only?

I am using SNES9x on my 2ds and it works great.

SNES9x works great on my old 3DS. Just don't bother with BlargSNES. It's not bad but I've had games freeze up out of nowhere when using it, SNES9x runs these games fine, meanwhile.

Pressing select to pick a donor just brings up a black screen saying there's no bootstrap.

C'mon user, you have a brain, you can do this, just think a little bit harder

Why do you think it would say there's no bootstrap? You can answer this without being spoonfed user, I believe in you!

I updated my 3ds to the latest firmware and I tried to update my luna version with a luna updater I got off the FBI app (they have a website on it where you can download stuff). I upgraded the luna version to 7.something to 8.something and when it said it would reboot, it wouldn't turn on. It maybe something I have to update on my SD card because when I remove it, it does the same thing.

Do you have B9S or ALH9? Because Luma stopped using ALH9 after 7.0.

Gamelist as of 2017 October 13?

I'll admit, I'm stumped at this point. I redid all the files on my SD, updated the loader and the bootstrap within the app, and the error still pops up when I hit select, but not when I try to load the game, it just gives a white screen when I do that.

I remember saying I had sighax, I think it said something at the end about reloading a old version by using a file or something so I will try that.

I really just want to learn so I can set it up for my friends. Want to play Dragon Quest 9 and Spirit Tracks like the old days.

Figured out the problem with updating Luma 3ds. If you have a Luma version under 7.1, you need to go update A9LH to B9S.
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

If you already have B9S installed then you need to update it before updating Luma 3ds
3ds.guide/updating-b9s

You get a white screen because you did not enable Mario Kart DS as the donor ROM

As far as the bootstrap error, did you try updating/adding the bootstrap manually?

If you're still having issues, try formatting the SD card again, but this time do it by clearing the partition table completely, this may solve some file-access issues, I assume you're on Windows, go to CMD.exe (replaced with Powershell on Windows 10 but the instructions are identical) and type the following;
diskpartlist disk
at this point you have to make sure you select your SD card, usually its disk 1 but your mileage may vary
cleancreate partition primaryformat fs=fat32 unit=32k quickexit
The "unit=32k" part is optional for the most part, but TWLoader recommends an SD cluster size of 32k anyhow
Obviously you will need to back your shit up, also note that if you have any emunands on the SD card they will be wiped, if you really want to backup emunand I suggest making an SD image with SDImager (just google it man)

Holy shit I'm retarded, this is important, to select your SD card, type the following after "list disk"
select disk #
make sure to replace the "#" with your disk, the list disk command is just there so you can see what disks are mounted and their respective disk numbers, make sure you select the right fucking one

But what about games that require newer firmware than my emunand? I'm still using menuhax to load Luma.

I know that's why I got the white screen, I was just stating it because there were two different results, trying to make sure I gave all the info.

Got it, i'll give it a shot. Thanks man.

What's the best and fastest to ship R4 I can get?

Does anyone know why, using Luma 7.1, I can't get the chainloader to run with both GodMode9.firm and SafeB9SInstaller.firm on the payloads folder?

Alright in case anyone runs into the same problem, it's because you tried to update Luma from 7.1 with an outdated B9S like me (I think).

You probably have a boot.firm file in your root that is oddly twice as big as the original 7.1 one. Just redownload Luma3ds 7.1 and use its boot.firm to replace the one on your SD's root.

What do I do to update from menuhax?