NIHON FALCOM THREAD, "Cold Steel 3 edition"

Don't forget to support the games (or not if it's a NISA release) and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales.

Cold Steel Undub Patch Here For Those So Inclined:

Jap voices for CS:
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4

Dummy files:
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM

Magnet link for those can't or don't want to Mega:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6A260B5B9AA460EB5A71AA88A5B314583DF419D4

Just dump it in the voice folder. Easy as pie.

You need the dummy files or the new Audio XSeed added will be in English because the nips never recorded that much.

- Cold Steel 3 released, remember spoilers, game is gonna be split into two parts due to size, second part expected next year.
- Ys VIII released on PS4 and Vita, but as usual NISA fucks up and the promised simultaneous PC release was delayed indefinitely, however fans are working on an edit already.
- XSeed has ported Ys VII to PC. It is available now.
- Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel III trailer has dropped: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ
- Trails of Cold Steel I is out on PC on both Steam and GoG; ToCS II is also confirmed for PC with no release date available, though dialogue recording has started. It won't be until 2018 though.
- Tom on ToCS for PC: has its own separate launcher, "far more feature-rich than any other launcher we've ever had in any of our PC games to date" " There's not much you CAN'T do in that launcher." "You can tweak bloody EVERYTHING." It's also got a turbo mode that lets you speed up the game 4x, which is pretty sweet. It also runs butter smooth. Seriously, this port is great.

- Zwei II coming this Fall supposedly, website launched (visitilvard.com/). Check this blog post to discover the game (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/162167486725/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog ), seemingly one of the causes for the delay, besides bugfixes was extra "Zwei 2+" content needing translated.
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally on English, available on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store
- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, Vita version has already been released, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Trails to Zero fan tl at 40%. Ao is 55% translated, but not edited at all yet. A beta of the Zero TL from 2015 was leaked. It is full of typos and sounds like robots are talking, but it is at least coherent from start to finish. Play only if you are desperate. Machine TL of Azure has also been released, and it is as terrible as you would expect. It is completely unintelligible.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, English tl patches coming in the next months ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Apologies If I've missed shit, not the usual guy, their comp died

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/meet-the-pilot-smart-earpiece-language-translator-headphones-travel#/
pastebin.com/BdNdwV6f
imgur.com/a/58G3W
re
archive.is/CwBPQ
jp.automaton.am/articles/newsjp/20171006-55650/
whois.com/whois/trailstozero.com
oneangrygamer.net/2017/10/ys-viii-fans-compose-e-mail-campaign-to-nihon-falcom-over-poor-localization/41161/
nichegamer.com/reviews/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-review/
archive.fo/AkhNz
nichegamer.com/2017/10/10/nis-america-apologies-for-localization/
steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1457337090478104302
cdn.use
sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/166271115141/what-are-the-unsexy-bits-of-voice-acting-you
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just got around to finishing CS1 on PC. It was excellent, what a beautiful port; very professional except for some what i assume to be ridicules Americanizations and whatever Becky was supposed to be. Jesus Christ xseed. I try to ignore these lines as much as possible because I understand that my issues with them may reflect on the source more than the translation work, but man, the amount of times 'boondocks' or similar phrases were used had me shaking my head.

Does anyone else have similar issues like this or is it just me? I probably should have saved some examples to communicate this better. I try not to be too critical on xseed because they're much preferred over the antichrist plus I'm still excited for whenever Zwei and CS2 are ready, but, I was bothered by some choice of words used in TITS3 and now CS1 and it's usually lines by male characters that feel the most off. Hopefully it's just my imagination. No excuses for Becky though, mate; what the absolute fuck was going on with that?
Fie a best. Her nip voice is divine

weak

Any more Americanizations you remember ? I think I missed most of them. Also weren't TiTS3's issues mostly just Agate ?
Can't really be a fair judge of Becky myself though being Scottish, what you you have preferred they did though ? The only time I remember that I've seen a dialect translated well is Makina from Grisai.

weak
game where half the fun is how good/cute it looks yet needs resolution turned down just to play fuck KT

My favourite Falcom game is the one with good graphics and a high budget.

Did Falcom go beyond with CS3? They gotta stop torturing their writers in their basement.

Let me put it to you this way: The 1st chapter has you fighting an Aion, facing a sneak attack by Ouroboros, reveals that Fie's dead boss/adopted father is alive, that he is an awakener who pilots a divine knight, and also hints when they visit it that Rean may be from Hamel

In other words, they went pretty big.

The current rumor is the Chinese localization team forced them to do it because it was too much work for them.

If anything they should stop putting them in charge of writing for Ys
I just want to kill shit, not read tons of dialogue and exposition as if it were a worse kiseki game

YOU CAN'T LEARN JAPANESE

Learning Japanese is no longer needed thanks to technology.

The tease is real

Adult renne when?
Adult Tita's great and all but I want my scythe wielder.

really?

Really. It can be kind of a pain in the ass sometimes, and what you get out of it depends on what you put into it, but a smartphone makes it entirely possible to play Japanese games while understanding what's going on.

You kind of do see her.

What settings and mode should I play Ys 1 on?
I have the GOG version.

Please return her Crossbell.

I'll cross her bell all night long

This game makes me grin like an idiot.

So should I play CS now or wait on a full translation of Ao/Zero first?

Pretty nice.

God damn agreed. Celceta and Seven were so unbelievably slow with the shittons of dialog you got.

Play it now or start playing the fan tl. There will never be an official crossbell localization.

CS 1 and 2 can be enjoyed fully (except the divertissement) fully without playing Crossbell. In fact, Ao no Kiseki spoils several CS plot events. Cs3, however, requires both Sky and Crossbell to be understood and enjoyed.

Alright.
CS2 pc when?

Has Millium taken the title of "best loli butt" in CS3? I like the skirt that Altina wears but it doesn't show her butt, really.

いいね

Best girl, best age.

I'd wager some time between January and March.

Altina must be protected at all costs. Fuck you, Cedric.

So do the new girls enter the reanbowl?

Yes and no. Musse flirts with him a lot and Claire seems pretty thirsty, but only Laura, Emma and Alishit have actual romance options. Hopefully CS4 will have more choices.

What? Isn't Cold Steel already a multi game story within the Legend of Heroes' universe? Would that just make the game currently out Cold Steel III and the next one Cold Steel II?

Also, is it true that the only reason we don't have dual audio is because of Kadokawa having a hateboner for Xseed due to Xseed not agreeing to sign a contract that they were told sign without being given time to read it?

It will be called Trails of Cold Steel Last Saga. If you want to get technical CS1 and CS2 basically go together as a set. CS1 ends extremely abruptly while CS2, while not resolving everything, still has an ending. CS3 ends even more abruptly than CS1, since the game got long enough in development that it was split again, just like CS1 and CS2 had been.

As for your second question: we will likely never know for sure. That's the kind of thing that will never have official confirmation.

I want to fuck this nun so hard

wait, no fie or sara?

Sadly no. I was really surprised. See, how final bonding scebes work is during the festival in the last chapter if you spend a ticket on a character yiy have max bond with (or rank 4 for Alfin+Elise or Sara) you get a special scene with them. And for Alisa, Laura and Emma those scenes have a dialogue choice in them to turn them romantic (I'd imagine you can only do it with one of them though). The Sara and Fie ones seem pretty shippy, but they don't have that choice in there. There's no save carry over from CS2 either, so those final bond events are basically non canon. I guess we'll just have to hold out hope for CS4.

You do get mandatory kisses on the cheek from Sara and Claire though. On the same night. (Rean's is red because of the dye customization).

Yeah I don't know. No one else seems to care so it's probably just me. I'm a translator myself so that's probably why I notice these things.

So, does this mean CS3 and CS4 will both be 60 dollary doos, but not actually be 2 full games and total something more like 1.5 games at best?

Considering how CS2 is still a full game. It's safe to say 4 will also be a full game with a proper ending to the Erebonia arc.

Why are people on youtube so inconsiderate? You literally can't look for CS1/2 videos without seeing videos people posted with endgame crap in the thumbnail

Cs3 is still an 80 hour RPG. The stories are simply that long.

Anyone?

Goddamn, there better be something for both of them in the next one. They had one job, ONE JOB.

Falcom really know how to make some extremely cute and fuckable nuns.

Nightmare mode. Always
Unless it's fucking Ys Seven
Also if the final boss is kicking your ass too hard just look up the ending or suck it up.

I'm in the middle of the finale chapter of CSII. Can I read up on the events of crossbell before the divertissement, or will they spoil part of the finale? Is there any good place to read up on the events of crossbell?

Right after the end of the infernal castle before starting the divertissement (there will be the standard chapter break save screen) is the best time. I mean, it hits hardest if you actually know CB well, but otherwise go to the Kiseki wiki and read up on both games and the characters.

I hope Rean doesn't headpat Tio.
Tio is for Lloyd, Randy, Ellie and Kea only!

With all the billions thrown into AI research I expect automated translation of Japanese to be viable within 5-10 years.

indiegogo.com/projects/meet-the-pilot-smart-earpiece-language-translator-headphones-travel#/

How do you TL a Japanese dialect anyway? All I can think of is a translator's note and people hate those apparently.

Why play the English version then?

Has anyone managed to get evo voice patch for gog version of TiTs FC working?

Not necessarily. There's a vita dump where someone injected the NiSA translation into the JP version, works fine and can be played on hacked vitas as the JP release required either 3.61 or a previous firmware.

Do they also say that you're a nice guy and that you'll find someone that likes you one day?
Fucking Falcom

(checked)
Got it user
I hope I don't get raped.
Should I do it on Chronicles(2009), or Complete(2001)?
And is this game better played with a keyboard? Are there any game settings in display, audio or controls you recommend changing?

The first game is unarguably a prolonged prologue to the entire story, and others have laid into it enough so I won't say more. However, it really is a very long introduction with the rest of the story set to take place over two other games CSII & CSIII - only, now, Falcom decided to go full Shenmue retard and slap a To Be Continued… on CSIII so they can make ANOTHER game with the actual for reals ending this time we swear trust us called "CS Last Saga"

Let me tell you something about basic fundamental writing - you cannot do this to a single overarching plot. You cannot. You can't make the first novel basically just a prologue to the next two novels and then decide mid-way that the story is just too big and you need another novel to finish it. You can't do that because there's such a thing known as "burn out", and even people who enjoyed the first novel - or who just got into the story proper with the second novel where the thing actually hits the pavement - will become frustrated that you've elongated a narrative that still has no proper conclusion.

Each novel should have its own ending, not a cliffhanger, which leads into the overarching plot. That way you give the readers a sense of satisfaction. Why is this important? Because you're not God and have absolutely no idea what will happen in the future. Miura is a good example. You see how Beserk will never end because Miura's gonna die during a final hiatus? That's what you want to avoid.
Even if the overarching plot is never finished at least the reader gets some conclusion of some kind. Outright cliffhangers are the most pathetic and egregious form of writing because it's just narrative blue-balls that can go on indefinitely. By then the audience will probably have buggered off to another story which can actually give them the climax and resolution they wanted but you never gave them, you frigid bint.

How many people expected CSIII to be the last in the trilogy? Almost everyone. Did anyone suspect another game would be needed? Not that I know of (and saw). So when people were playing through what they expected to be the conclusion to the series and slammed into a To Be Continued… what do you think that does to the playerbase? Do you think they feel satisfied?

You tell me, and be honest,
How many of you expected CSIII to end in "To Be Continued…", and how many of you are satisfied with that?
If that's your mentality then you paid $60 to get blue-balled. Enjoy.

Satisfaction is important because it gives you a return on the next production. Keeping people in cliffhangers, especially today with more and more folk having less patience and desiring greater immediate gratification, only serves to blue-ball them away from you. Why should I spend over $100 (CS1&2&3) on your story just to get a "To Be Continued…"? I had this issue with Dot Hack, too, despite my enjoyment of the GU games.
For that matter, what will the last game offer newcomers? Of course nothing; it's the conclusion to FOUR GAMES, so they should start with 1 or 2, right? Right. No one should start at the third act of a story.
But each time it's another cliffhanger, and each one is about $40-$60 a slam. For what? I can go buy Trails in the Sky and be satisfied for less, or I can buy ".Hack: Last Recode" and get three+ games' worth of story (not really) for the same price as ONE of your games.

Now what do you do? You were frigid to your fans by slapping them with a "To Be Continued…" on what was assumed to be the grand ending of everything, created a three-game bulwark against newcomers, and shrunk down your audience only to those who would, for whatever reason, maybe just devotion or wanting to see it end, buy CS4 despite getting their nuts slapped with a To Be Continued… in CS3.
It's the same principal with novels, which can take about as long as a vidya's development depending on the author and their life. You just don't do it. 3 is the golden number and never, ever end with a flat cliffhanger. You don't stretch any one single story longer than that or you get burn-out.

TL;DR Cold Steel is a textbook case of an absolute lack of foresight, hard-line editing and just plain bad writing ultimately (despite some things being excellently executed also, CS2 has an ending of its own, if I recall, not as bad as the CS3 TO BE CONTINUED… crap) There is absolutely no reason this story needed to go on for this long. Other writers have written equally, if more, dense and thick narratives with less.

Oh, and before I forget, if anything about what I heard of CSIII's plot is true then that's even worse writing than the cliffhanger itself - far, far worse

Look at the watermark in the bottom. The injection doesn't change the watermark.

On a personal note:

Nah screw this I'm out

Claire says she's going to start seeing Rean as an adult, actually. And she very clearly wants Rean's junk harder than ever. Sara's comes after she drops her backstory as thanks for Rean putting up with her. Then she laments how she's almost 27 and still a cake.

It's easily one of the best Kiseki games even with the cliffhanger.

For so many words you've managed to say just about fuck all.
You, by your own admission don't even know what the plot is about, if you did you'd know its much more plot dense than CS1/2.

Except this is easily 80+ hours and due to aforementioned density has more content than CS1 or 2, I would much rather experience the full story in 2 games than have them be forced to cut content (which occurred in CS1/2) Not even sure how they'd manage to cut enough content since almost all of CS3 is vital they'd have to rewrite the whole story severely gimping it which would leave it a pile of shit most likely.

From somebody who hasn't played the games how do you feel remotely qualified to judge this ?
Cos that makes sense, I hate padding as much as the next guy (e.g. in CS1) but CS3 is again, much more plot dense)

For a story that was planned out from TiTS1 with there being more than enough proof via foreshadowing ?

Except again the stories already planned at least for CS4 and we know some, if not more, of Calvard is planned, false equivalence, again you clearly know little about Kiseki.

Its clear you don't like cliffhangers (I don't either although it's tempered by the fact that CS4 is going to be coming out soon since the foundations will already be their) and long games (why the fuck did you enter the kiseki series CS3 is the 8th mainline game you realise with characters from each so they are all relevant)

You seem to keep going on about the series being "elongated" though, could you provide some actual proof for this because this claim goes completely contrary to the proof as aforementioned, while speculative I feel this has happened before (in TiTS2) in BS to claim this is the case with CS4, as others have said the game was getting to long and so it was split, you talk about burn out from more games but i'd say even more may burn out from a 160+hour game, for proof go look how many people never finish Planescape Torment or Baldurs Gate 2 (w/ToB), even here where people are MUCH more autistic it's rare.

.Hack G.U (original version all parts) is probably of similar length if not actually shorter than CS3 since last recode has extra content it may just edge out, you yourself say "(not really)", unsure if you're contradicting yourself or not here you make little sense. As much as I liked G.U the gameplay is worse than CS3 and its ultimately just a port, honestly it should be less than CS3.

You do realise the cliffhanger is part of the writing, for somebody constantly contradicting yourself with incoherent points and bloated writing your criticism are not only ironic but questionable via clear incompetence. Altogether a lack or tangible points, primarily as all you have is conjecture and naive speculation, since i'd bet you're one of the autists I've argued with before i'm going to let this be my last response since I cant't be bothered arguing with somebody who hasn't even played the games, for somebody who doesn't like them so much though you sure seem to rant a lot about them, show me where Kiseki touched you.

Am I just being routinely baited ?

I'd be surprised if their isn't further development between the two considering how Rean will be feeling by CS4 Her past experiences could be used to further help him especially if Rean is from Hamel, and how much will likely occur in CS4 assuming similar density of plot progression

So, playing CS again (PC version), and after getting to the Nord Highlands again, I'm suddenly curious:
Do we have an official age on Fatma Worzel?

They certainly go out of their way to "flatter her apparent youth." I'm actually starting to wonder if child brides for men might be a thing in Nord culture.

She's just a milf. They make them good in that part of the world.

Could someone please give me an answer to this?
Hate to whine but I can't find shit for this anywhere; Ys is a hard series to find much of anything for anything anywhere

Do the 2009 version and just, like, play game.

You do not generally translate dialects in text. It's easy to mess up the characterization of the original and create a jarring caricature. Adding nuanced spice to dialogue is tricky and should have a few pair of eyes to proofread any alterations; It's worth doing if you know what's up, and adding a pinch jargon to unique characters dialogue is the approach most taken by professionals. Gaius is a character that is from a different region/culture in CS, yet i felt no cringe from him.

Obviously I translate in languages other than Japanese to English, or vice versa, as there exist more than two languages.

I see i made the correct choice in sticking with the original dub, even if it wasn't all that perfect either. Machias sounded appropriate though.

Okay hear me out here
What if the calvard arc plays like DMC or Kung Fu Strike or whatever and you get crafts not by leveling up, but by facing better martial artists and using their moves(so if you're fighting walter and he uses his infinite combo, you just do the punch uppercut kick charge punch combo he does and voila, you get infinite combo)

Chronicles is Complete I think, just more music options.
And don't be shy to give Ys 2 a whirl if the first one got old by the end. It changes boss gameplay drastically.

I know that Japs have pretty shitty lives, they are either at work or commuting to work.

So ditching Vita wasn't the best commercial decision but I'm still glad Falcom did it. Now ROTW has to make up the lost sales.

heh

truth to be told, full 3d models were a mistake just like the anime openings

If Falcom still made sprite based games user I would be fine with the Vita.

The PSP era was Falcom golden age.

But they are doing the same thing as Atelier, Tales and Nep now. And the Vita can't handle that.

3D models are a mistake because falcom doesn't seem to actually use them in a meaningful way. For the Ys games we somehow got less mobility and complexity from the 3d worlds and for Trails it's just a tool to make shit pretty. so what's the damned point?
The garden gnome graphics actually started to grow on me.

I want Calvard to basically be Kung Fu Hustle.

Unhappy with the localization of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana? Join the email campaign!

After a long wait since the Ys VIII announcement back in 2014, the game has been finally released on the West for the PS Vita and the PS4. PC version has been indefinitely delayed by NISA until further notice. However, long-time fans and newcomers alike have been witnesses of huge issues with the translation, mostly a clear lack of editing (stiff and awkward dialogues, homogenization of character personalities, etc.). Needless to say, this entails that the game's excellent writing has been lost during the localization, harming its compelling plot quite a lot.

Which is why we are launching the Ys VIII email campaign! We consider that Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana deserved a better treatment, and NISA has not been up to the previous entries localization's mark. We'd like to directly tell Nihon Falcom about Ys VIII localization issues via email, while also explaining what we'd like to see in future Western releases. Sadly, the Japanese developer, Nihon Falcom, has stated in recent interviews that they don't know what it's needed when it comes to Western releases, and rely exclusively on the publishers. Emailing a Japanese company could be difficult because of the language barrier, but we know how to get over that barrier.

Japanese message to Falcom (+ English translation): pastebin.com/BdNdwV6f

Indeed, we have prepared a summary of our wishes translated into Japanese. We've put our best efforts into this text, so you can rest assured that the message won't get diluted along the way. Of course, you're free to include your own requests into the email, but remember to use a pretty basic English or they will have problems understanding your message. Lastly, don't forget to be respectful. And for the subject "Ys VIII English release" should be good enough.

They may not have the time to read every single email, but if we all contribute to this campaign, the noise will be far too big for Falcom to ignore. We have the opportunity to be their Western feedback: let's seize that opportunity. We'd like to stress that this is NOT a boycott. We just want future Falcom releases to be as good as its Japanese counterparts, no matter which publisher releases their games.

Send your emails at [email protected]

Hashtags #Ys8 #YsVIII

Spread the word about this campaign!

A few examples: imgur.com/a/58G3W

Email here

nihon @ falcom . co . jp

No one is probably more pissed than Falcom at this point. NISA's fuckup pushed the PC version out of their fiscal year. Nips don't care about shoddy localization, but hitting their bottom line…that gets their attention.

That means that if we send enough emails, Falcom is going to get even more angry at NISA. Sounds like a good opportunity

How?
Q4 starts in September, and the Japanese fiscal year only ends in March

Nevermind, NISA is fucked

You realise that will make them just consider it all spam, filter the wall, ignore it altogether and look at all similar emails way more suspiciously, if not deleting them at sight? It would maybe work if everyone sending the mails had enough skill in Japanese to at least make minor alterations, but as it is that idea is retarded. It's so stupid I'd bet my ass you were copypasting it from somewhere, so I checked. re ddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/74gurg/unhappy_with_the_localization_of_ys_viii/
If you like reddit so much you're copying their shit, how about you stay there?

archive.is/CwBPQ
Why didn't I just make archive in ? Well whatever, I remembered now.

Waving my words away with "it's nitpicking" doesn't mean what you want to do isn't ineffective and retarded. If you think reddit's idea is that smart, send as many emails with the exact same wall of text as you want. You can even use throwaway email sites to send very many an hour by yourself.

Finally an Ys game that I want to play and Nisa gets it.

Goddammit the cute loli and flat skinny elf slut deserve better.

Trails has top-tier lolis too.

man i'm still pissed they didnt make something similar to your pic related for the Vita, instead of the (((evolution))) remakes

I could still go for the PSP versions, but the original versions have jap kanji characters being hard to read sometimes due of the old font used.

The PS3 version can be played with PPSSPP, which means you can play the game on an Android phone.

WHAT?!

He's overreacting. Wait until the next game.

Could be a happening…

Don't be deluded, a dub would only happen when the game is in the last weeks before its release. He means the new lines for the CS II PC release.

Meaning that he wasn't cast beforehand
Meaning he was cast for something and finished his Rean VO for CS2 PC.

Uh, no. The CS2 dub recording just wrapped and it won't even be out until next year. And that wasn't even as long a session as a full game would be. VA is done months ahead. And like the other user said, he said he had just been cast. So its a new job. That said, its possible the role could be something totally different, but Sean is very attached to his Rean role.

On another note, could someone convert this webm to a gif that doesn't look like shit? Mine keep coming out with obvious compression issues.

Falcom makes games that I can play with my dick and brain at the same time. God bless.

If memory serves Sony blocked the PS3 port of TitS because of trophies.

A game seems truly complete once they have a hot loli in them.

Some NPCs will get lines for the very first time. probably that.

One Japanese site reported on the campaign

Are you guys ready for Crossbell?
whois.com/whois/trailstozero.com

I doubt he’d be that excited for NPCs, user.

Registration Date: 2015-06-05

Updated Date:2017-03-10

It got updated 3 days ago

2017-03-10 is March 10 not October 10.

I'm glad NISA pushed back the PC release, I didn't have enough money to preorder the game until this month.

Shit, you're right

Geez I wonder why. How do you guys play the game in English on your PS4 exactly?

This isn't going to happen faggot
Filtered

What? Are you dumb? Also I'm just asking how the fuck would people who play games on the PS4 play the game in English? Please do tell. I'm not going to miss out on a good game just because you tell me to.

I played in Japanese like usual because I'm not some kind of battered wife with a stockholm syndrome for western publishers

I'm too old to learn japanese.

Why? Are you trolling or are you just genuinely retarded?
Or worse; are you a nisafag doing damage control now that everyone knows they put in less effort than Bandai did for psp Gagharv Trilogy?

Opinion discarded.

He’s fishing for delicious (you)s

When is NISA going to release Cold Steel 3 for the west?

I wish to live in a world where (you) farmers and people that buy NISA products are placed in labor camp.

Altina is a treasure.

it better.

give me the link so i can make you a smaller webm version

After all the ship teasing in this game I don't see Claire not being an option in the next.

People tend to get autistic about soundless webms here is the only reason I wanted a gif instead.

i can add the sound.

How are those emails going guys? Send them!

If you also hate NISA, there's an additional prize: NISA has been losing the IPs they used to rely on and they are desperate to find their new gold mine. If Falcom doesn't let them take their games, NISA will lose the chance of using Falcom games to keep on business.

See what I mean? This is a chance to avoid NISA shitting on Falcom games, and also for NISA to keep looking for shit to milk. This would help killing NISA in the long run and it would lead to less games being fucked up by them. I'm not saying this campaign will kill NISA, of course NOT, but it could mean them taking a big blow in the face.

What IP did they lose recently ?

Don't know about recently but they lost KTGust.

I think the only thing Nisa still has that I enjoyed was Danganronpa 1 and 2. But I pirated those.

I hope Xseed gets Ys back. Xseed has its faults but there's no denying the folks at Xseed actually LIKE the games they work on.
Nisa has no soul, they are the Foxcon of translation.

Judging by SpikeChun deciding to handle the PC release of the shit show that is v3 and the half decent Ultra Despair Girls and not letting them touch porting DR1 and 2, it’s safe to say SpikeChun are wary of NISA now. Hopefully this translates into them losing custody of DR.

What's Adol doing in the impact zone Erbonia?
Seriously what the fuck is up with all this sameface

I guess there's more likelihood of it on a falcom general than anywhere else but are people really not aware of the state of modern anime/jrpgs.
I hate it too but its unsurprisingly for budget reasons and due to the anime market being used to it nips eat it up since they're used to it.
My only hope is that falcom being who they are being behind everyone else in terms of "graphics" and such are merely using it as a stopgap since tbf this is as far as i'm aware their most graphically/quality demanding work to date, makes sense they'd rely on industry standard bypasses even if it is a bit shit.
Here's hoping they raise enough for the calvard arc to move past this CS3 merch when, besides a bloody ps4 ?

Honestly I'd go back to the garden gnome graphics if it means Ys is going to have decent bosses and less plot back.

So would I, it seems weird nowadays but the first time I played TiTS i thought the graphics were great, not because of the quality but the detail put into the backgrounds and houses i.e. not like some pokemon copy paste

Whilst Its gonna be shit we're almost certainly in a transition phase graphics wise for falcom at least especially due to competitors, or at least the general market making the jump to 3d never underestimate nips shit taste and autism
Hopefully once they become experienced enough in 3d and it overall becomes cheaper we get back to more focus on gameplay

Please post more Aurelia.

I love her

That's what people said last time.

These games are only really long because of the massive amounts of text. Much of it is completely mundane bull that isn't even relevant to the plot. Characters constantly state the obvious and repeat themselves. More writing doesn't equal better writing and it certainly doesn't equal better gameplay. It's gotten to the point where I'm now convinced the massive amounts of text are more for dragging things out so they can sell more games than it is to elaborate on the plot.

Jesus Christ how much text do you need to say the same thing over and over again? Did the games' writing rub off on you?

Because we thought it would be the last game. It wasn't. So yeah, wait until the actual finale for the romances to be resolved. And this game has extremely little filler. It's easily the fastest paced Kiseki game ever.

Not exactly an achievement.

are we back?

yes

Read the thread your suspicions have been covered already, the evidence, info about localiser and plot pace/density, infers otherwise. Remember CS3 basically doubled Erebonia's size by including the west among other parts and expanded the cast, i.e. directly plot relevant aspects that will inflate size.
Why did you ignore the rest of my point that contained actual points/arguments, instead misconstruing the first six words out of context, nevermind other parts of the post that run contrary to your speculations ?

I would if I could, criminally neglected

I want to go looking for pictures on my own but I'm afraid I'll be spoiled.

I already know it ends on a cliffhanger. I don't really mind this at all. I wasn't expecting Kiseki in general to end soon anyway. Whether it was Sen 4 or Calvard I know I'll be into it. But I don't want to be spoiled on the stuff in between.

I wouldn't worry too much, if Aurelia gets any art it'll get posted here eventually, it'll still be a while till people scour through the game enough for good, non spoiler, pics/gifs, especially with costume options and such.

This user is emblematic of the modern gamer's famous lack of attention span.

When I'm bored I go through achievement stats and its pretty sad, you can see the dropoff. Also I don't know what you expect of an RPG. Less story?

A lot of companies these days half ass a story in their “RPG” and call it a day. Which means when a good RPG with a long as fuck story does come out, you get nimrods complaining about things in the game’s story that are answered by said story. Or, as you point out their attention span is too short so they stop giving a shit and start going places to shit talk the game despite barely even scratching the surface.

Protect Towa.

Last time I said it was full of bullshit people said most of the bloat was actually ebin foreshadowing and world building. That turned out to be a lie with there being massive amounts boring and inconsequential bull that didn't foreshadow shit and hardly added to world. If you think I'm going to take the word of you fanboys who are already emotionally invested in these games a second time before playing the next one, you got another thing coming.

Also, Rean and the rest of class VII are fucking retarded.
The cognitive dissonance as they repeatedly stated this ideal of neutral uninvolvment to their enemies and themselves over and over again while they continued to fight, often directly, against the noble alliance was astounding. Good writing my ass. The overarching plot is complex and long with many characters with differing motivations, but the writing is not good. It's average at best and very heavy handed.

Oh, and the way they tried to say and often imply that only the market manager, Vulcan, and crow died and aside from that the war was bloodless. Apparently all those people that we're driving tanks which got blown up are fine. In fact, I think at the end of the divertissement they explicitly state that with Rean's involvement, they took Crossbell in a day without casualties on either side. Again, at the very beginning of the divertissement we see tanks on, I believe both sides, blown up.

You did, though Rean grows on you, to be honest.

How am I overreacting by stating the truth? Previous Cake build-up is kill.
In CS3 cake is kill.

Also
Sounds like Cold Steel's tagline

Another thing that pissed me off was when Rean's adoptive mother hugged him. There were several other characters, male and female, that rean hugged back. This motherfucker did not hug back the woman that fucking raised him. Fuck Rean.

Seems like it. I get the feeling the most hardcore fans of these game like quantity over quality and miscontrue the former for the latter.

Good points.

oh man I think it did. I could've summed up my points in a third of that essay I posted.

True.
Though I hear now from comments (about as reliable as anything else) that CS3 was split into two games supposedly because "China complained about it being too long to localize".

So basically "the cliffhanger was so abrupt and garbage that it couldn't have been planned to be that way".

Course (second pic) there's the other argument that maybe there won't be a CS4 but the ending will be resolved in another arc (another set of games) altogether, which they apparently did before.

Because it's not kill? You get cake teasing in fucking mandatory scenes with both Claire and Sara showing interest. The final bonding events are all a bit on the skimpy side because the story isn't done yet. If you aren't willing to wait for multiple games to see a plotline come to fruition then you are playing the wrong series. There is stuff in cs3 that was set up back in SC and 3rd. Trails rewards patience. If that bugs you there are plenty of rpgs that tell their story in one game. Trails' claim to fame has always been the opposite.

They attempted not to participate in the war, but got drawn in anyway. In the beginning of CS2 all Rean cared about at the beginning was reuniting with his classmates and then getting back to his normal way of life in Trista. But that all shuts down when the intermission happens, and he realizes that he has to fight.

The war wasn't between the noble alliance and the royal family. The war was between the alliance and the reformist faction who controlled the imperial army.

The royal family who had an active hand in this were Olivert and Alfin, who acted as a third faction alongside Victor Arseid. They did explain that Olivert was trying to create a third faction. And Rean and the rest explicitly aligned with this third faction.

After being given command of the courageous they decided to stop the war as a third faction. They used the fact that many people, noble and imperial, would still listen to the decree of the royal family, and that included Alfin. They decided to take the noble strongholds because of what was being done to the civilians. Celdic was razed because of Albarea's soldat forces for example. They stormed Auroch's fortress to arrest Duke Albarea for his crimes.

In the end their goals did end up aligning with the imperials in stopping the machinations of the noble alliance/ouroboros but they were still acting as a third faction with the backing of Alfin and Olivert.

They (Olivert mostly) explicitly state that the fighting in the western side of the empire was bloodier. The war wasn't that bloodless, you just didn't see the heaviest part of the fighting. I would say that this is a major flaw of the game so I will agree with you there.

What you were watching at the beginning of the Divertissement were the Erebonian forces fighting off Calvard from trying to take Crossbell after Erebonia occupied it. Rean was defending the borders of Crossbell. It wasn't Erebonia taking over Crossbell.

Due to the empire's speed and show of power (Valimar, Soldats, flying tanks over in huge airships) they were able to quickly and directly invade Crossbell city without resistance. Rean heavily implies that Valimar's power alongside the Ironbloods' planning were key to taking Crossbell that quickly.

You probably don't like the game(s). That's fine if you don't, though.

I played cold steel 1, and I liked it well enough. However, I really didn't care for how railroaded it felt. In the later ones, are areas revisitable or even slightly less linear?

Big deal. We had better than that, though not by much, in the previous two games.
By "kill" we mean "That whole "wait till you're older" bit with Sara and all the previous investment is erased. It never happened. It's dead, and all the hope of something happening in this game gets boiled down to limp teases.

More like "Trails requires longsuffering"
That's one hell of a claim to fame. I don't remember Sky taking four games to finish out, though maybe I'm wrong.

After you get the Courageous in CS2 you gain
some freedom, and you're able to visit/revisit a lot of the areas.

One could argue Joshua and Estelle's relevance to zero/Ao makes it 5 games depends on what you consider the "story", smaller contained plot e.g. liber ark, a set areas tale (TiTS 1-3), a character's story (varies per individual and almost all crossover, especially now with CS3, or an overarching plot which is all of them.

Yeah the game's, most modern jrpgs nowadays in general, aversion to death and pussification of war pisses me off, wish they didn't try to make most of the jaegers good guys either. Remember in TiTS 2 when the enforcers slaughter the guards in the city invasion we need more of that and not just offscreen violence.

CS2 may actually go to the other extreme a bit at times, for most of the game you get free reign to go all over east erebonia with quests being in different areas, you can definitely revisit areas almost all areas and there's more freedom about the order you do dungeons/quests/character pickups and optional bosses

Also

What a concept.

And not even the right words at that
Don't think that image really thought itself out though since it can also look like "swords swords swords" which infer original ys style combat focus.
that had better be pirated if you did play it

Sounds pretty nice, I'll definitely have to get around to playing it at some point.

Jesus, user, spoiler that!

Updated version.

I give it up. The idea wasn't even that funny to begin with.

Well this is some trial and error bullshit. If you don't decide to finish off the last chunk before it becomes a sliver, the boss fucks you over like some of those scripted fights you're not supposed to win where if you take too long they get unlimited turns and spam their most powerful attack, like Rufus.

you forgot the wrods wodrs worsd vases and holes

Rean looks as if he's expecting a high five from one his own 2 lolis in that first pic

>tfw no /fit/ qt principal to cuddle with after long sparring sessions

I want to lick, rub my dick and the cum all over those abs.

So how exactly did NISA fuck up ys8?

You like taking shits m8?

Machine translation, pointless renaming, a bunch of references to past games scrubbed clean to be replaced with bad jokes, fucking up the PC port so badly that they had to delay it indefinitely and tons of audio problems especially with the dub playing when japanese audio should be playing.
Here is some screenshots of a fraction of the problems;
imgur.com/a/58G3W

It's was so bad that there are japanese sites reporting on how trash it was;

Luckily there is a fan patch planned and a bunch of fans are doing an email campaign since Falcom doesn't pay attention to what localization teams do.
reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/74gurg/unhappy_with_the_localization_of_ys_viii/

Not just the translation either. They promised Falcom a simultaneous PC release. It's still not out. There's still no date either. It's already pushed to Falcom's next fiscal year. They can't be happy.

I have a feeling that NISA will either shut down the fan patch or attempt to acquire/buy it so they can claim that they finally fixed it.

Hopefully they're mad enough to not give them another chance.

I honestly didn't know how they fucked up just assumed they did since NiSA.

Well hopefully this convinces more people to stop hiring nisa. Nisa really are a piece of shit they promised so much and didn't even deliver the one thing they were hired for while also messing up the translation. Though with nisa the machine translation might be better.

I'd be fine with them buying it xseed has done that in the past.

Nah they won't buy it or stop it, that's too much effort and money for them. They'll do exactly what they did for Criminal Girls Uncensored fan patch; Use it as a selling point for the PC version on the steam page/forums.

I don't know the criminal girls situation they claimed was not their fault. They claimed the esrb made them censor it then that a mysterious policy that was sent by good stopped them from uncensoring the PC version. However advertising a fan patch that just fixes their busted translation only makes them look bad.

If they cared about looking bad they wouldn't be pulling the same shit they have always done for the past 14 years.

They lied about the whole esrb situation.

They don't advertise their fuckups though like they didn't advertise that ps4 version of witch and the hundred knight was "now completable".

Oh I know they lied but they're official position was not it wasn't our fault.

I don't know man, they tried to shill those unsold copies of Mugen Souls for years.

oneangrygamer.net/2017/10/ys-viii-fans-compose-e-mail-campaign-to-nihon-falcom-over-poor-localization/41161/
nichegamer.com/reviews/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-review/
A reminder.

God dammit NISA.

Should I grab the Tokyo xanadu that came out on Vita or wait for ps4 or did aksys fuck up the translation?

Aksys also fucked up the translation. It starts off alright, but the more you get in the more they decided to fuck around. If you do decide to get it, the PC/PS4 version has more content than the Vita version.

Sage for double post

How irritated do you think Falcom is right now?

archive.fo/AkhNz

I can see how this went down at the office;

nichegamer.com/2017/10/10/nis-america-apologies-for-localization/
WOOOOOOO

Who here thinks they’ll actually fix anything with this announcement? Reminder they asked for trust in them numerous times during their time with the game. Look how that turned out. Do not trust this “fix”. Do not give NISA money.

I think they'll fix most of the translation, but in the end it's still NISA.

Also not even a date for the PC release. I bet Falcom is a bit furious.

Already preordered the PC version. Don't care about the English text since I'll play it in Japanese.

You are the reason why video games are so shit today, people like you actively support bad practices.

At last, they are no longer getting away with it

NISA doesn't care. Falcom fucking does. Hope they go back to XSEED now.

Daily reminder Nisa got the job by outbidding Xseed.

In construction Nisa would get a huge fee for every day their PC port is MIA. Breach of contract.

I hate this "patch it later culture" get it right the first time. I wonder how many sales have potentially been lost because Nisa prioritised Danganronpa.

I don't even care if it's XSEED, I'm just hoping they never give NISA another chance and watch all future localizations like a fuck hawk. Or better yet; this ends up being the final push towards Falcom International happening.

Ricotta is the best brown loli I've seen in years and Nisa fucks it up.

I'm close to revising my stance on corporal punishment.

makes sense

Idiot. Want to support Falcom? Import the original PS4 game and pirate the Steam port, if and when it comes out.

All that cancer and memes is extra hard work nisa put into the game. It makes it better why would you want to play a game as the dev intended ?

I hope falcom has some sway in Japan and convince others to avoid hiring nisa. Our even better they convince NISJ to clean house.

Looks like we're going to start the Last Saga hype train in November. There's going to be a special sen issue on the 16th. It's going to be hard to avoid sen 3 spoilers at that point for those trying to do so, because of the nature of the way sen 3 ends.

Wait, are they basically saying that the pc version won't be released before the END OF NOVEMBER?

How are they going to relocalize the entire game in a month and a half? Isn't rushing out a localization the entire reason they are in this mess in the first place?

They aren't. This is most likely a them trying to bide time, they're probably saying to Falcom right now "See were gonna fix it! Give us a second chance with another game"

We have IDs here you know.

Like I said, he just wants (you)s. It doesn't matter how retarded he looks.

Hes the falseflagging Sonygger that has been shitting up every thread.
Don't reply

Is it at all possible to beat Dvorak the first time you meet him in Xanadu Next?

Are you payed per post or are you doing it for free?

What if rean was a girl
And pregnant

No.

damn. So does his health just lock and it goes on forever or does he has some secret move that ends the fight if it lasts too long?

After we delayed the release of Ys VIII on Steam, we reached out to Peter "Durante" Thoman for his expertise, and we are happy to report that he could share some of his hours with our developers these past few weeks. We asked Durante for his help with the following for this title: GPU performance improvements, CPU performance improvements, and developing a system for improving and regulating framerate. We also received feedback from Durante about a shadow rendering issue that we are looking into.
steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1457337090478104302

Oh man, oh boy.

Christ that's blatant.

Can you smell that, boys? Desperation

the people praising NISA in the comments sicken me

So basically NISA is too incompetent to be able to fix their own mess or port it by themselves and ended up having to out source to someone who could. Who could've seen this coming?

How many computers did they lose when trying to port the thing?

This reads like it was sent through chinese google translate and then back through English google translate after.

I played the japanese version of Ys VIII on the vita using google's android translation app. That shit did a better job than NISA.

To be fair, Durante was hired by XSeed too, to fix Little King Story.
He's also responsible for the good performance of Cold Steel om PC.

The difference being for CS is that they were working on a ton of other shit as well and are a smaller company compared to NISA. They also went with Durante from the start. NISA waits until the last minute and admit they couldn’t figure out how to fix frame rate, CPU and GPU performance until he came in for a few hours. They’ve had the game for how long now?

cdn.use at your own risk discordapp.com/attachments/208840167824293889/367852403095109643/FINAL_DRAFT_XSEED_Group_Letter.docx

Between this and other translators openly shitting on NISA on Twitter, it looks like sharks smell blood in the water.

Goddamn, I hope this whole mess kills off any chances of Falcom ever working with NISA again.

The first tweet could be attributed to scheduling issues, but if the second is true then that is fucking huge and indicative of how poorly NISA handled the VAs.

The second is true. That discord link is legit.

WEW LAD
Beautiful

i'm out of the loop, why they had to redub shit?

Some of the lines they DUBBED dont fit with the context. Basically the delivery is OFF on a lot of the English dub cause the VA had crap direction.

see

"damaging my voice"

How are so many VA so crap at their jobs that they always say this.

Mind explaining this?

A bunch of freelance and contracted translators have been shitting on NISA for both fucking up the translation in the first place, and for trying to say anything could actually get fixed in a month and a half.

We've even got this gem from someone who has done translation work for XSEED.

Who is this guy? I jewgled Volnutt voice actor and it only shows the megaman character. I assume it's Sean Chiplock because he's in that letter at the top.

I remember the guy who did Scat in Lion King lost his voice for a few months when singing or something for the movie so it's not that insane, but he was doing it loud and angrily. Does whoever Chiplock voice act shout all the time?

*Western VA's
Diva syndrome, many are narcissistic women pretty sure it's due to the loose connection to singers/actors, That and i'd probably turn delusional myself if an above average voice was my only employable trait.
Not too sure if NISA would make it easy on them by just accepting whatever crap they spew out or if they'd demand a million retakes for asinine shit/bad direction. I could see either

It's Sean, yeah.

For Sean specifically, his Hummel voice was basically the result of him recovering from a flu, giving his voice a bit of gravel. He has been very vocal about how he hasn't been able to match the voice since recording it.

Then i have no pity for him. He brought it on himself.

Remember when we expected NISA to fuck up his first Falcom release but not this hard? Holy shit.

Maybe there's a realistic chance they will never ever get their hands on another Falcom games.

If we are lucky, maybe they won't even do the European releases.

tell me the commercial that wario is from and I'll make a sound webm of it

Thanks for confirmation. Are you Mark? Something about your writing makes me really think you're Mark.

I think you misread, he didn't get a flu and gravelly voice after voice acting, but before/during it and he made his voice then. Less shekels for him, though, if that's what you mean. How much does a western VA earn per "visit" anyway? I hope they get not much or I will get mad if I find out Burch is rich

God no, though that doesn't stop Mark from pestering me.

How can my jewdar be malfunctioning so

not the same one, but is a good one.

Lets see…

got it, virtual boy wario land.

West vs Japan shitters should be gassed, these aren't even the VAs AAA trash companies hire.

Does anyone have a link to ys VIII dump for the vita?

VA culture in Japan is quite particular compared to the west, not saying that they can't have their own brand of egotistical assholes, but they probably know better than to let that show whenever they post online.

wtf I love dubs now

I'd rather have a dub by people who care than a shitty translation and muh dual audio of a language I don't speak by people who don't.

This is beautiful.

Cherry on top.

Depending on the role. Like sometimes you have to be higher pitched or gravelly, or some other shit, and maintain that while portraying different emotions without cracking.

According to Chiplock, here
sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/166271115141/what-are-the-unsexy-bits-of-voice-acting-you

You have to quickfire two-three takes before moving on to your next set of lines. You're not given a chance to retry and practice, unless you somehow powered through everything else and have spare time.

This'll probably take a toll on your throat if you're doing multiple characters/have multiple gigs for different games.

Aren't the managed somewhat differently to the west?

Japanese VAs are basically television or Hollywood tier in terms of celebrity - once they have a signature character or type.
The VA for Fate's Archer is huge. Sailor-Moon's VA is also a legacy actress.
VAs in the West largely want the same affection and recognition as their Nip seiyuu counterparts but only ever get it from SJWs, tumblrites or the like. There's certain appreciation for some but nothing compared to the kind of adoration Nips give their VAs.

Nice
Looks like the Trails Eng team is actually a lot keener than we thought.
I always liked them, before it was cool

That's just beautiful. Work of art.

Unacceptable for a product they charge €70 for.

I don't see why the dub matters, the USP of Nisa was the JPN audio. I at least hope they didn't fuck that up *cough ar tonelico cough*.

You're missing the point entirely. They worked with NISA. Them even making this letter is indicative of the poor job NISA did at directing them. This is more ammunition to use against NISA.

They did fuck it up. There are times where the english audio would play when you were playing with jap audio and vice versa. Also some dialogue lines would get cut short because the game would use the wrong audio ques for the wrong language.

VAs in Japan also train and work harder and they have to be careful of their private lives. They are indeed a lot like movie stars.

In the West VAs aren't seen as real actors. Triple A games usually use Hollywood talent.

Ah great. Well I was gonna buy the game 2nd hand anyway.

Are you serious? Is there a video or something showing this happening blatantly? I'd love to see/hear it.

I saw a video clip of it on twitter, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to find but if I ever do I'll drop it here. It was hilarious; brown loli just abruptly stops talking despite her having two more sentences.

Post funny and uplifiting falcom music ha ha what the fuck I thought kevin was just being edgy

Well he is edgy…but he kind of earned it.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ PS4 confirmed for a December 8th release. No word on PC since Aksys are also incompetent.

For fuck's sake

Kevin is really edgy.
t. atheist

Unless they fixed the localization or a fan re-translation gets announced I don't think I'll even bother touching Tokyo Xanadu ex+

Yeah it doesn't look that interesting. I've got the english back-patch on my vita and haven't touched it. Not really in the mood for another high school simulator.

I played the Vita version and I thought it wasn’t all that great. It was way too stiff. I could see the potential and what Falcom wanted, but it didn’t turn out well in the actual gameplay.

There are literally only two things good about ColdSteel. The plot, and a small minority of the oversized cast. The rest is either shit, dialogue bloat, or shitty dialogue bloat. The gameplay is shit, the characters are mostly shit, the fanservice is shit and that's about all there is to it.

Nah it's great. And CS3 is right up there with Ao for best Trails game.

I really hope this doesn't become a revival type series where they pick an old falcom IP, slap a japanese city in the title and add high school students.
I don't want to see something like "Osaka Brandish" or some shit no matter how much I want a new brandish.

Sanfrancisco Ys

Honestly, if they managed to refine the combat into something more fluid and more like DMC like I felt they were trying to go with it, ditch the school setting for adults, they could have a good modern day series on their hands. and don’t let Aksys or NISA touch it, of course

But isn't that just Ys VIII's localization

Yeah, they could definitely make the concept work and refine the game overall but Falcom is dead set on trying to get that persona money

How do nis fags even live?

LOL THE FUCK

NISA publishes shit in Europe all the time that aren't developed/localized by them.

Welcome to one of the biggest reasons why there are people that actually defend NISA; Europe.
NISA usually localizes the games in other non-english languages for Europe which led to a lot of dick suckers there who will eat anything up as long as it's in their native language

Europe here; we'd rather import than buy shit from NIS.

I have a very, very, VERY important question about Ys 8.
When your skills level up, do they get additional hits, effects or different visuals like with some Ys 7 level ups or Celceta level ups?

That already happened. Brandish VT.

For the console versions probably, since they had physical releases as well.
Steam lists XSeed as publishers for ToCS.

The console releases in Europe. We’ve covered that, user.

Well, slap a wig on my head and call me Sally, looks like I haven't paid attention. Sorry about that.

wew

Well…Joshua is a dark haired dual weilding harem protagonist with his "sister" in love with him. He's also an edgy loner sometimes. That said, Joshua still has way more character. Estelle, though, doesn't fit that at all. They are nothing alike.

Right, but TitS came out way before SAO.

Oh I know. I was just trying to suss our how someone could make the comparison at all.

Seems like a troll. People are debunking him and posting evidence that Estelle and Joshua existed as far back as 2002, probably during development, but he only responds with "Nah, SAO came out first so Trails is copying SAO"

We'll need a new bread once we hit 13

What have I inevitably missed ? Here's hoping I don't fall asleep and forget to post it like last time.

It's a pain having to import to avoid supporting NISA as a britbong

The 12/8 date for Tokyo Xanadu ex is confirmed. Also we very likely get new Trails info on November 16th.

user, don't get my hopes up.

Well, they have to officially show something of CS4 at some point. Might as well be now.

There's going to be a special sen issue of dengeki that week. Literally what else could it be?

DLC

But I hope it is CS4 news.

I can't give the Romun Badge gift to Aaron. Is this normal?

probably not going to get an answer on that since the thread's on page 12

Never mind either way. It's letting me give it to him now.