Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
3ds.guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

You're a faggot.
MHW release date is January 26th, 2018 for PS4 and Xbone, PC release date still unknown.

I'll add that to the post with the Interview.

So did they ever fix PPSSPP's online issue where you had to synchronize everyone joining a hunt at once while setting the frame rate down to 25%?

You're not a true Monster Hunter fan unless you played this

I love MH, but world is super sketchy to me, the tracker flies look fucking terrible, I dont like the slinger very much, and the game seems like it'll be alot easier, the voice acting is also terrible. It looks like it can go either way, I'll get it for sure, and hopefully I'm wrong.

And to top it all off the girls aren't cute AT ALL.

How many times now has that same pinecone seregios picture been in the OP?
There is so much wicked MH art out there and you choose that same lame picture? Shame on you OP.

you can quote me

Have I really used it that much? I'll try to remember not to in the future then, but I don't really keep track of what I use, I just scroll through my MonHun folder and pick an image basically at random that doesn't seem likely to start a wave of shitposting. That said, my folder could always use expanding, so let's fill the thread with art that could be used in the future.

Like this.

Feel free to use any of my various smug(?)s

Only the guild methhead isn't cute. The other characters look mostly good.

Ok, I want to give MHXX a go.
How do I root/crack/whatever to my 3DS to use Freeshop? And can I get a Japanese version? I need to learn to read moon.
It looks like my firmware is Ver. 11.5.0-38U

If you already have cfw installed: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases

If you don't have cfw installed: 3ds.guide/
Follow the guide and then use the first link.

/monhun/ has an art dump thread from ages ago still up.
>>>/monhun/211

Here's a version of the second with a reply, and an extra cap.

Solo only wouldn't be so bad, but I hope there's at least some way for people here to play together.

Finally got to the airship in XX
What does it have aside from being village 5? Translations of the first 4 are easier due to them actually being in english in gen, this one is harder to come by.

Is it just me, or is MH:W shaping up to be the best Monster Hunter game to date?

This, only diehard tryhards are railing against it.

It has a lab that later on you can spend wycademy points to make it drop emergency supplies (that you select) during high rank offline hunts.

I've never really used it though. Overall it's basically just another village. It's not even cozy.

I have a setting fetish for floating airship cities that are multiple platforms connected by walkways though. It's one of my favorite concepts.

It is pretty neat in concept but I feel like it's not as neat as it could've been

That lab also lets you upgrade your item box to have up to 23 pages of space.

MH3U had the best Mark of a Hero and the best overall soundtrack.

Have fun with the quest you unlock by beating it
You're going to need it

That's a big ole IF right there. I'm running azure rath set gemmed for HG earplugs and +3 crit using Rime & Treason long sword. Ult and Pitfall fall masks too. Don't think there's much to upgrade, just at don't die level now.

Is that the village quest with the G rank Ivory, Rathalos, and Brachydios? That was fun.

Is there an easy way to find people here to play with ? I'm pretty new to MH and it seems like there is only japanese in multiplayer.

MHXX or 4U? I'd play but I'm about to go to bed. I'll see if you're around tomorrow, then I can throw some weaker gear on to play with you.

I only play in Japanese, sorry.

Anyone else still playing MH3U? Whats a good set for GS, I was farming for Diablos but that Majestic Horn feels like it will never drop.

Shit, I forgot to say, I play MHXX, on 3DS.
I'm just asking for english speaking players for communications, since I'm a rookie and I would like to get some advices and "orders" during quests.

Try that arena quest in the original Monster Hunter where you have to fight a gold rathian and silver rathalos in a tiny arena at the same time.
Solo.

I've been doing 3u, haven't really touched the port quests since always solo though.

Why arent you playing 4u when its 100% english? Play the single player of 4u first, thats more than enough to get you used to the gameplay. Dont be a gigantic weeb about it, the game being in english doesnt effect the gameplay at all.

Subspecies and rare species didn't even exist until G, and if you're referring to the quest I think you're talking about, just get a water elem GS and hit the wings. Gen 1 gold/silver were literally recolours, they didn't have any of the annoying moveset changes the new ones get, not to mention that gen 1 rathalos spends half of the time going up and down very slowly instead of comboing poison claws and pulling blind spot half second wind up 270° fireballs like he does in the newer games.

Except for when they lower the difficulty in the English versions.

I just wanted the newest version and I heard it was great, that's all.
I also thought like that the game was 100% translated, and it wasn't but it's not a big deal, I can look up stuff myself, I'm just looking for english speaking players for communications, so nothing to do about the actual language of the game itself.

It's alright. I'm playing through XX and while the styles and arts are fun, 4U is overall better.

I haven't been online though.

Source?

That sounds like a load of bullshit.

Makes sense, but the newest version isnt even the most authentic MH experience, its a spinoff made by another team with some mechanics that break the game to a degree. 4U is still the best and most faithful MH game out there so far, MHW wont count since its a reboot.

I can still play online with you in either game though, they both can be pretty fun and have their own kind of unique content to go through. It would be a shame to have em both available but not to both try them both out.

3U had an innate +50 defense on the hunter that wasn't present in the Japanese version 3G, or in the original Tri. It made LR noticeably easier by giving you late LR defenses from the beginning. This is the only confirmed case of difficulty changes in localization, though there are rumors both ways. I've heard rumors here of 4U having monster HP and damage lowered compared to 4G, but I've also heard rumors here of 4U increasing the monster HP and damage, and neither claim has any source or testing to back it up. Other than 3U buffing your defense, there's never been anything else confirmed.

3G or 4G is probably a better game to cut your teeth on if you're new, but feel free to ask questions here. Post rooms for XX if you're doing multi and people will likely join.

3G's foreign version is confirmed for having an unremovable 50 defense point bonus, and there's widespread belief (though no one's actually checked the code yet for confirmation) that the foreign versions of 4G and X had monsters weakened instead of the player strengthened.

It was the one for PSP.

Im sure someone checked the HP values.

thanks

Ivory is the hardest part. After you get him out ,Brachy and rath show up at the same time and will kick the shit out of eachother. Your job is just not to get between them.

Man I love sexy/cute armor. That's why I pretty much almost always play a girl.

Suuuuure it is

So has anybody actually played MHXX on the Switch? Is it worth it in any way? I currently have no Monster Hunter machine and I'm trying to decide between an N3DS LL and a Switch. I already played MHXX on the N3DS (and MHFU, and MH3U, and MH4U) but my machine was lost in a pretty spectacular coffee spill.

Personally I wouldn't recommend buying the Switch anytime soon - it's either going to get a revision to make it actually portable, or it's going to get effectively replaced by a genuine 3DS successor.

user, I think the switch IS the genuine 3ds successor.

Id personally buy one used or second had, some of the games on there are pretty damn comfy and look genuinely fun, especially to play wherever. Of course I will buy the games second hand too, because at this point id rather fucking die then give Nintendo anymore of my money.

I was gifted a switch and got MHXX with some Play Asia coupons. You can also buy it on the nip e shop for around $40. Runs much better than the 3U port, but it requires you to have a switch. I would wait on getting a switch unless you can get one for under $200.

No one in Japan seems to think so, which is what's going to decide it.

Only thing that's even come out for it so far is that Seiken Densetsu compilation, which is all games I can emulate easily enough as is.

Is there a list of all the attacks you can evade with rolls?

MHW website updated with information on some of the unnamed monsters. I like Tobikadachi, but the game itself is still pretty gay.

What seems to be a Chameleos relative is:

A flying wyvern known to possess poisonous toxins in its body.
It's been spotted storing scatternuts in its mouth or tail, coating them with poison and spitting them out at threats.

As for the Snake Squirell

A fanged wyvern that flies among the trees of the Ancient Forest.
Its penchant to brush against the ground and the trees
as it moves around builds up static electricity within its fur.

The new Famitsu had an article too, mentions Tobikagachi and Puke-Puke as well as Tsitsiyakk and Paoulmuu, and has a bit on Nelgigante and a new Ancient Dragon called Zora Magdaraos which is part of a "Ancient Dragon Crossing" event that occurs once every 10 years. I'll take a closer look at it when I get off from work.

As suspicious as I am of the actual game I have loved all the new monster designs so far.

Let's see how long this can go without a single bump

I unironically want World to casualize the monster drops to insane levels because I'm so fucking tired of farming Los plate/ruby/heavenly Scales.
Los armor is my favorite aesthetic wise in every game but I can't do it anymore, I dropped 4u because of it, about 20 hours of my play time was farming every single subspecies of this motherfucker, the game was basically toying with me and gave me 3 plates consecutively when I'm in need of a single ruby.
MHFU G-rank one is still my favorite.

Does 4u get better after rank 3

Generally the games get better into High Rank and G-Rank, where they become almost full on boss rush games.

Where you need to look a monster attacks and take your time learning movements and messing with different weapons. They pretty much stand still and let you smack them in these difficulties.

Is about learning all the new G-rank moves the monsters get and snagging all the weapons and armor you need for pushing into G-Special. New monsters like Diablos, Plum D Hermitaur, Pink Rathian and everyones favorite sand shark drome appear in this rank. The damage output from monsters goes up so grab a fullset of Regios X.
Practice against all G-rank monsters is heavily recommended and don't forget those Wystones from the frenzied Advanced G-rank quests and caravan quest line.

If you got carried this far prepare to be booted from any respectable 140 room if you don't have a mixed set made through Athenas ASS and two Wystones.
GQ's Under 140 no one really cares about mixed sets and its more of a practice against the sanic fast monsters with new moves to catch you off guard while it slowly increases in level so does the damage+HP of the monster.
At level 140 it's near one-shots all round from most monsters and it gives the best relic armor / weapon rewards, due to the difficulty mixed sets are nearly mandatory and you should know the monsters moveset inside out. Thats the endgame for 4U.

Theres a really crappy low quality explanation of MH4U just for you minus the fun and learning via playing.
Seriously stick through it and get gud. It's hella fun.

No, not really.

Yo, does anyone want to play MHXX real quick? Im trying to unlock and kill Kushala Daora so i can get the Valfalk armor set.

I guess it was badly phrased. I meant if your normal roll (no evade+) has enough iframes to evade through any attacks if timed correctly, since things like blos roars or gogmazios's explosions are almost impossible to roll through.

Its possible to roll through extremely fast attacks but not the slower ones, but its extremely difficult to time it right. I dont know if evade distance could effect your dodge frames though. I used to dodge with lance quite often back in 3u and was quite surprised whenever it happened, which wasnt often.

Now will you play MHXX with me? Im lonely.

World genuinely looks like it might be the game to end all games for me. I already put over 500 hours in 3U and over 200 in 4U, having to deal with the tiny screen and handheld controls, playing it on a computer is going to be heaven.
I hope they bring back some 4U monsters. Seregios, Gore, Nerscylla, Zamtrios, and the snake were some of my favorite to play against.

I'm waiting for them to show off the older monsters. They showed Rathian I think, and Rathalos. The new monsters look pretty alright, but I'm waiting for older ones.

Brachydios and Zinogre would be fun to see. Gore, Chaotic Gore and Shagaru would be nice as well. I thought I saw something that looked like Shagaru in one of the trailers but I might be wrong.

I think the one you saw in the trailer was the new moth monster that has ice attacks.
I read somewhere that Zinogre is practically guaranteed since he's a developer favorite.

If it was just a port of the older games to a larger screen, I could see where you're coming from. Unfortunately, it's, well, World.

And? What's your argument?

It might be shit.

You can say that about literally every game before release. Shit nonargument.

How is the game might be shit not an argument against playing it being good? Also with modern Capcom it is looking more and more likely like it might be crap not to mention MHX/XX being pretty subpar.

X was never good from the start because it was a spinoff. World is monster hunter 5, being made by the main team. And everything shown so far exceeds expectations considering they have to create new assets for everything instead of reusing stuff. Being pessimistic, I'm expecting that the game will lack a G rank for half a year to a year before it's properly made up like the previous games.

I don't trust Capcom when they say this will be the series going forward. If they honestly thought that it would be called 5. They said the same thing about DmC but I don't see DmC2 anywhere.

I trust the evidence of what I've seen so far and everything points to it being the best gameplay and asset wise but lower or equal to the amount of monsters as 3U due to having to remake everything for the new platforms. They called it world because they're going with a worldwide release this time and they needed to dumb down the name so filthy casuals wouldn't be scared that they have to play 4 games before this one.

Its about fucking time MH gets put on a console too, its what the series deserved for the longest time. Look at those screenshots, they are so detailed and gorgeous. Fuck nintendo for cucking it only for the 3ds for so long.

Thank god for no more loading screens between map areas. Maybe unintentionally that will also make hunts a lot more interesting now that you can't cross a barrier to instantly escape from a monster.

The only good things I have to say about world is that it's 60fps and melee weapons look more or less fine, but considering you disliked X I have to ask you how you feel about the fact that most if not every weapon now seems to have built in pseudo-hunting arts.
I don't like the direction world is going at all, especially with the comments about wanting the western audience. It wouldn't be the first, second, or even third time capcom has run one of their franchises straight into the ground by catering to western tastes. Even if it turns out to be fine this time if it continues to go down this path and pander to western audiences it will inevitably end up being a casualized hollow shell.
I can only hope that if capcom fucks up their last successful franchise they'll finally die and all of their ips will finally be able to rest in peace.

I was fighting Valfalks today and it sucked how they would occasionally launch my ass into other areas, where a 1 second loading screen would pop up and im just standing there alone in a quiet empty area for a second which completely kills the flow of the fight. What sucked even more was when i would fight monsters so close to the loading screen, especially when they are toppled, that I would accidentally walk into the other area. That stuff about the game pissed me off to no end. Im glad its going to go in world, I can handle myself without any area transitions too so its fine for me.

Good
Fucking CAHSOOOLS
Wind pressure is bullshit though and should be gone forever, like panic run
You can keep the superman, but panic run is garbage

Don't get me wrong I hope the game is good Monster Hunter is one of the few long running series I still continue to enjoy. Also Monster Hunter has needed a graphics overhaul forever. I'm just extremely skeptical of modern Capcom, especially when Capcom attempts to go after a casual audience and the west.

If you've been following all the releases and interviews regarding World, it looks to be the Persona 3 of Monster Hunter - a mess that has so little to do with the series it's taking over that it might as well be an entirely separate IP.

Considering there's multiple base camps you can run to or even freely teleport to for instant heals and infinite restocking on items, I think any sense of difficulty or tension will get tossed out the window.

Did they confirm it was a Skill? It seems like you can just do it no matter what.

It is when it makes the game piss easy and you can't turn it off.

Pretty much this, though I'd change "hope" to "want" because there's far too much shit to even seriously hope it'll be any good at this point.

A lot of these individually wouldn't be much of a problem, it's the fact that we're getting all of these changes at once that raises some serious red flags regarding the direction of the series.
I doubt that they're single use items from what we've seen, maybe they require lots of rare materials to make but that doesn't justify their inclusion.
The loss of all those gunner armor designs is pretty shitty, especially since world now has cosmetic armor slots from the start instead of just transmog in xx
Am I misunderstanding something here? How does that excuse this change?
Right, I should just shut off my brain and enjoy cod/battlefield/fifa/whatever the fuck like the normalfags do. God forbid I be wary of a company that has a history of fucking up their games and running them into the ground, while released media has been giving me a mixed impression.

I've only seen one instance of someone running while drinking, other times they're just walking so I'm inclined to believe it's a skill. At the very least that means there will be designated casual armor sets that can be discriminated against.
World feels like someone's monkeypaw wish, there truly are no heroes left in man.

While not unreasonable as an assumption, until they clearly state it's a Skill I'm going to assume it's just inherent, especially considering the attitude they're going into making this product with.

Do wyverns make good smug images?

So, what do you want to see from an actual new Monster Hunter game if/when World bombs?

Ive been ignoring most of Worlds news since every time I see it I just feel disapointed with how dumbed down it looks for the west like its trying to be Destiny or some other game journalist bait game for goons

Anyway do we know if It will have G rank?

Soooo, MHW was at new york comic con apparently. I know a bunch of anons live there, including mark. Did anyone here get to go there play it this time? There no way no one on Holla Forums ever got to try out the demo yet??? Id seriously love to hear an anons input about the game after playing it.

A poorfag like me would never be able to go to places like those yet so dont give me any shit about it.

confirmed no g rank

I hope they get this to a playable state soon.

Not surprising no Monster Hunter has ever launched with G-rank always comes with a later iteration. I don't know why anybody thought World would be different when Capcom is all about DLC now with SFV arcade just being announced. G rank will come a year after for 20-40$ most likely, which I'm fine with. MHX was disappointing for me but it was not because lack of g rank that has always been monhun's business model.

No G Rank, same as every first MonHun release.

I don't think any MonHun fans are motivated enough to put in the effort. I could've gone to TGS to try it, but the prospect of taking time off work and taking a day trip there to stand in line to try and spend 15 minutes with a game I'm 90% likely going to despise just doesn't appeal to me.

It's been years and they still can't even get MH3U running on Citra. Fucking Cemu can't even play MH3U despite being able to play almost everything else. It took almost a decade for PPSSPP to get the fucking sound working in MHFU and it's still not totally there. I think the only Monster Hunter that has ever been able to be emulated with any sort of completeness is MHTri on Dolphin.

Monster Hunter will forever be imprisoned on the hell that is consoles. Not just consoles either, but the absolute shittiest fucking consoles you could choose from among their peers.

You mean the one that has broken bloom and will only run at 3fps if you enable the color sliders?
Yeah that's a good one.

Just go play frontier if you're so desperate for a PC version Frontier was released on the vita too so that's two birds with one stone for you

You guys are all fucking useless. I guess i just have to wait to try it myself eventually.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

P3rd HD works great on ppsspp

Got MHW collector edition preordered, looking forward to it.

BUT are they gonna stop with the portable iterations? I got MHXX on the switch, and usually play with a local group, and it's comfy as fuck.

But it seems stupid to not do a portable spin-off, especially in Japan once the Switch's attach rate increases.

Only Westerners treat it as one though.

Anyway, they're going to have to make a handheld game again, because otherwise they will be 100% dependent on the Western market, which is basically suicide if you're not EA or Activision.

I got to play it at pax and after playing it for myself, I can honestly say I'm hype. Took me a bit to get the hang of the controls, mostly what button does what, buy once I did I was surprised how much it felt like monster hunter, just faster.

you're right, it's really shaping up to be the best monster hunter game!

What part? No seriously, I'm desperate to know, I've seen nothing that gives me any hope for this game at all.

really dinks my dink
Been playing through 4U again, and I have a question for everyone, do you guys have a monster that you hate killing, not because it's a bad fight or anything, but because you feel bad doing it, for me it's the arzuros, I genuinely
feel bad when I see it limping, or when I hit it while it's eating honey

As the name suggests, they're all monsters, death is the only fate suitable for them. Besides, often as not it's because they're an active threat to the communities in the area.

alot of them are protecting villages, caravans, and things like that, but you also have quests where a monster was a slight nuisance, now it has to die, it just feels wrong some times

Fucking mammal lovers. You'd do anything to stop your precious warm-blooded babies from getting murdered wouldn't you? You're the damn reason we can't kill kelbis in the west anymore, frankly I've always found it ridiculous that you can't even properly kill wild felynes even when you can shred a poor little velociprey in half on a whim. Sure felynes and melynx are relatively sapient, but I believe every creature should has a right to a fair chance at getting gutted.

felynes are cunts, kelbi arent cute, I only hate killing arzuos because it's a cute bear that just wants to eat honey

They're monsters. Foul beasts. They need to be beaten down into submission and harvested as needed for their parts, and nothing more.

You dont have to kill them user, just trap and capture them instead when they're limping. You'll put them to a deep sleep instead and win the quest without killing them. Only creatures you absolutely have to kill are elder dragons I think. Idk how to repel them

Personally I could slaughter anything with almost no shred of remorse, I find it rather enjoyable Although monsters are still really cute when they're sleeping, you see a side of them that you wouldn't otherwise see during the hunt

I agree with this, monsters should be hunted, for their parts, their meat, whatever, all monsters have a reason to be hunted, however, I will always capture an arzuros when given the opportunity, I see them as the only animal that's pure/doesnt have a reason to kill it.

you brought up the fact of felynes and kelbi, kebi should be killed, to harvest their hide and horns which are super important to villages. Arzuros dont pose a huge threat, they're just bears that can be hunted with basic equipment

Repelling them's easy in FU due to their health pools being large enough to the point where it's rare at first to kill them before the time gets down to the point where they escape due to their low HP. In 4U I never had an elder dragon escape because they die too fast.

The only ED i managed to repel was the Ceadeus back in 3u. It had a beautiful cinematic thing where it would swim directly upwards to the surface of the ocean after I dealt enough damage. I dont think you can kill it first try though. I managed to kill Goldbeard Ceadeus first try though. Too bad were never going to see them ever again, unless if they can now fly in MHW or some shit.

Oh I mean EDs outside of the really big ones, I'm talking Kushala Daora, Luna/Teostra or Chameleos, in 4U they never escape because they die too fast but in FU you'd have to be really good if you wanted to slay them in a single hunt.

Some of them sound rather facetious, or I'm just getting paranoid.
Either way, the best course of actions seems to stay away and play P3rd until the demo is released and there's something to talk about.

That's because they are

Generally it is with the quest specifications as to if I feel bad.

what

seriously? That bitch fucks off with kut ku all the time, why do you think that nigger Garuga is all over the place? Why do you suddenly care NOW that she's cucking Los?

Not imaginig the spawn of such a unholy relationship. DO YOU KNOW ABOUT YIAN GARUGA?
Imagine a Rathalos sized wyvern with a poisonous electric tail that shoots thunder balls with a Red khezu style AOE.
Or a Seregios Rathian Hybrid with poison scales. Poison and Bleed? Holy shit. Stop-the-fuck right there.
Cross breeding would result insome funky bastard halfbreeds that would challenge even Frenzied 140 Garuga for the "most carts in 5 minutes" crown.

Throw some ideas in for crazy halfbreeds. Gravigaan comes to mind.

>yfw deviljhang

Kek, Rathalos used to be the king of the skies, but now hes just nothing but the king of the cucks.
Rathian isnt hiding just of shame out of getting herself on camera, shes a whore whose been taking all the other monster dick and dosent want to be found out by Rathocuck.

Doesn't seem practical for a fanged beast to mate with a wyvern, but I can see it:

Hold on a damn second…
Where on earth did you get the beta for the next Frontier release?!

naw that was the monster list for world

Honestly, pretty much all of the monsters we've seen so far for World have been incredibly normal compared to Frontier, both in appearance and abilities. The most unusual one is Paolumu, and all it does is inflate its neck and float around.

Rathian slutting off with other monsters would actually explain why the fuck there are so many wyverns with that body shape and why there are so damn many Rath sub species.

It already is irredeemably shit.

Those scaly little jews need to be exterminated.

fuck off faggot

I got codes for the current closed beta of Dauntless if anyone is interested. Fair warning, the game is fucking shit, to no one's surprise, but I figure you guys would be able to get some fun out of figuring out why it's bad or just making fun of it.
sTnHLn-zjzPhJ-Ebczbr-EXcqhd-jTLxCP
4HEe4C-usJfEE-WcAyth-bgnPsd-Rahvas
9bjbVc-49fxJq-jzAaWu-AVqJhp-7vEAfw

ABOUT FUCKING TIME.
Time to grind some expeditions.

We've been through this so many times, your side of the argument may as well be a non-argument at this point. It is shit until proves otherwise.

thanks for the code, trying it out right now, I've gotten through 2 hunts so far, the gun hammer is pretty fun the rest of it is super underwhelming though, the characters are all super fucking ugly, the controls are pretty shit, and the fights feel underwhelming so far. I do like the fact that it's just one big open zone with no maps. This game is an easy 5/10

holy shit this game runs like absolute ass, also
this game is really easy, so its kinda hard to do, but fuck, thats such a dumb idea

I got one of the codes, will give it a try.
Thanks, user!

I think morale is low because of just how godawful World is looking

Pretty much this, I'm basically resigned to playing Portable 3rd forever at this point.

I've been playing XX and working a lot so much less time to post here.

We talked about everything there is to talk about. Im just waiting for MHW to come out, im sure the threads will pick up the pace then, whether the conversations are good or not.

Which monster would be the most comfy to raise and tame?

of course the conversations aren't going to be good. Most of the faggots here have already circlejerked enough to decide that they hate everything about the game.

Eh, fuck em. Im waiting until the game comes out and I actually play it to make up my final opinion about it. Some of the things about the game seem pretty good, some of its pretty sketchy but I can see why they did some of the stuff they did. MH is not dead, its the reboot that it was eventually was going to get. Holla Forums can bitch and moan all they'd like, it was eventually going to happen.

Presumably an Aptonoth or a Gargwa, maybe Apceros, seeing as how raising carnivorous or ecological niche reptiles is usually a huge fucking pain in the ass due to how fickle the goddamn shits are.

13604921 (you denied)
You guys are still trying?

I was thinking about raising one of the raptors from birth like Jaggi. Jaggis are the most dog-like and social out of the raptors. And I think if you could raise one to follow your orders it'd be a great hunting partner.

Say goodbye to all your free time and income, because that little fucker is now your day job.
A Jaggi guard dog would be pretty rad though

This, world looks like a shitshow that completely forgot anything that people liked about the series other than "you fight a monster". The massive casualization that the game's designed around only shows that X/XX weren't a fluke and whatever talent they had behind MH left

Shame really. Because I think if done well some of World's mechanics could be useful in a main line title. What I was interested in Monster Hunter is seeing the arenas connected by paths as one whole map. It's similar to how all MonHuns work except paths emphasise pursuits, which are chases between predator and pray. Also an ecology system where monsters interact with other monsters and environment differently could have been a thing. You could see Rathalos swoop in on a nearly killed Velocidrome and take it to the nest. Rathalos will be fed when you find it, but the Velocidrome's remains can be scavenged for body parts. One monster idea I had was a prarie-dog like fanged beast that buries weaker monsters alive. If you have a spade you can excavate the holes and carve up the monster's remains.

I disagree with you on some parts of what you said but, the demo where the barroth and mudsioth froze up was a genuine cause for concern, especially due to the fact that ive never seen a bug like that in a MH game before. They better not fuck this up or capcom is fucking dead kiddo.

I saw a video where a hunter was using his slinger to herd a bunch of aptonoth to a certain part of the map in order to lure a G.jagras towards them. Its pretty cool so far but kinda useless since you can just track it down and fight it that way, unless if its somehow more efficient which idk. The game isnt even out yet.

Like? I honestly haven't seen anything that gives me any hope for this title at all.

Apparently, later game shit has actual raid-like mechanics and people say they're a lot better, the first five or so monsters play like shitty Dark Souls 2 boss fights, but you have variants of every monster that are stronger/faster. Again, according to other people, you're supposed to solo the rogue monsters, to learn some of their moveset, then group for others, but I've found it a lot easier to solo most of the slower monsters, because timings feel weird when the monster is trying to hit someone else.

It's sad when you compare MHW and Toukiden 2 and toukiden 2 seems like the better game.
I just wanted 4U HD with good controller support.

Don't worry the bad men will most likely be dead soon.

What is the big difference between MH1 and MH Freedom?
Wikipedia says that freedom is like a vanilla but with extra content alongside horrendous loading times, so should i play it as my first MH game or the original ps2 game?

user, buying a new 2ds is cheap, hacking it is simple, and the library on it is quite decent.
MH4U has been discontinued, stop hoping.

Don't buy a N2DS, they have crap-tier TN screens. Literally dogshit in LCD form. If you get a regular N3DS you play the lottery for getting either TN or IPS, and IPS is what you want.

Fuck this god awful shit hardware, Jesus christ Nintendo why.

It's more like you can't talk about World because the discussion would immediately turn into shit-flinging on both sides, so it's best to just wait for the demo and play P3rd until then.

I think the worst thing about this post is that it implies not only that there are other people who read The Gamer, but that they too play MH.

i prefer not to play.

MH freedom is closer do MHG with the addition of dual blades and yian garuga and monster sub-species, it also run in 30fps IIRC.

Here is what the wikia say about it:
Monster length is registered, but only for the largest size.

MH1
Vanilla game, international version does include dual blades (dual swords), not that that matters since they're garbage and practically inaccessible. Village rank only, unless someone found a way to emulate the weird way access to the servers and guild area worked. No farm, so gathering materials by yourself is a major part of the game, however since there are no subspecies and only a total of 15 or so major species, gathering items becomes part of the challenge of taking out each monster on a single occasion instead of an unneccessary forced break between piles of quests like would be the case if there were no farms in the more modern entries. Very unbalanced though so Only GS and Ham are reasonably viable, Lance is sort of viable (and great for headlocking if that were still relevant at all) and HBG is situationally viable. Short and sweet with a nice level of challenge, but relies more on taking out monsters with tricks and items, each monster showing off a different gameplay mechanic in a way more akin to single player action RPG than what monster hunter is known for today.
MHP/F
Basically just Freedom Unite/Portable2ndG but way more fucking tedious and with less content.

If you want a fun game good for about 10-30 hours of play with a heavier focus on prep than action MH1 is great, if you just want to play uninterrupt combat and grind for good gear than FU is the best entry. Finally, if you're a genuine masochist and just want to hurt yourself, play MHF.

So, when can I find Barroth eggs in Stories?

It's closer than you think.

Sub-species are in Gen 1 but they were more along the lines of rare drops in quests. Occasionally you would encounter a blue kut-ku and get way better gear but the chance of seeing one was low.

With cfw cant you stream mh4u to your computer screen and play it with a controller now? If thats the case user could also try that, but it of course wont be hd though.

Neat. Can this armor take me through low rank as a GS user? I am about to fight Tigrex now.