Gondola RPG race

I had this weird idea of putting a gondola race in an SRPG someday.

I'm only really familar with the basic concept of the meme though. What abilities would a gondola race have?

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/shadow-hearts-arrange-tracks-near-death-experience/05-twilight-street-ambient-remix.mp3
shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Cannes
shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Paris
shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Port_of_Southampton
youtube.com/watch?v=bkL94nKSd2M
youtube.com/watch?v=m28n0h-1cTo&index=1&list=PLM3ZZv5pQ8ke0x3-FZ8fQqz6syjNHcFrw
soundcloud.com/speder2/daydream
gamejolt.com/games/meme-rpg/189230
archive.is/qOKQ6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The gondola would have only one stat: Legs. The higher the stat the longer the legs, and the longer the legs that larger the steps the unit can take, and the harder it can kick, and the more gondolas it can pick up (gondolas can only pick up other gondolas that have a smaller leg stat, so you have to stack them in the correct order to get the best stack).
Growing a larger gondola consumes exponentially more resources, and the game has permadeath, meaning you lose all those resources if your gondola dies, so you have to balance creating an army with a few super-powered gondola or a zerg rush of smaller, shorter gondola.

Gondola would need different leg modifiers. Perhaps short legs would run faster but obviously tall legs could reach higher places. Perhaps you couldn't stat every type of legs but had to pick and choose how your legs would be modified.

the ability to squat and dodge by jumping or standing kick

I like the idea of being able to have a legs slider lol.

but is there anything about the way gondola are supposed to behave that would effect what abilites that have?

Is this an excuse to post gondolas, OP?

Yes.
Drown me in gondola.

Yes.

alright then, I'll post another one of my favorites.

Gondola's are a peaceful race.

FUCKING FUND IT

Gondola has to be a silent protagonist.

Game soundtrack must be soothing or somber music of the classical variety.

What about accessories and faces?

Gondolas, gondolas, gondolas.

An "Observation" mechanic like Breath of Fire III to allow them to try to permanently learn skills they see foes using. Perhaps have some restrictions as to whether or not the skill requires use of arms, or go the other route and have them "summon" the skill via a dance, or something to do with their legs.

Shit sucks.

"From the time when humans clambered down from the trees and began life as a nomadic hunter gatherer, through the ages of civilizations, these majestic beings have been silent witnesses to the rise and fall of generations upon generations of humans. Fossil records show that the Gondola (Cannum Pacifae) have existed for well over hundreds of millions of years unchanged. These noble creatures live for hundreds of thousands of years in the wild. They are entirely pacifist creatures, and will not run or even attack in the face of danger. People who have eaten the flesh of a Gondola often report severe melancholy and suicidal thoughts - thus why most humans avoid crossing paths with this creature. Through the ages, the Gondola has learned to adapt to civilization, often seen riding trains, sitting on cars and seats without disturbing anyone. Gondolas are solitary creatures, but very rarely, gondola may form a family unit with several female gondola to raise pups - breaking apart once the pups grow into adolescence, a process which is said to take at least a thousand years."

I was wanting to keep the idea of having them still be somehow viable to use, hence the idea of dancing, or something something else leg related, to "summon" the skill. Wouldn't need arms, and wouldn't need to speak for it. Just contemplation to learn from, and lower body motion to give thoughts form.

Meant that for ; no idea where the post link went.

Gondolas are not for combat. They simply observe. They do not care about the state of the world and are content either way. That being said, I could see them working as NPCs where following one would lead you to a scenic spot. Or leading a Gondola yourself to a spot and have them appear in towns to lead you back to places you've shown them.

Give them a hands length of Telekinesis for weapons, access to magic spells and kickboxing.

We just need gondolas with guns

This is no longer the internet I once knew. Memes have changed.

Gundolas?

I never thought about it but I finally get Gondola for what it is, the observer, the one living in the moment and that moment alone. What a fine day I have got, thank you user.

Spurdo is better.

Godtier.

Gondolas's main abilities is melancholy standing with pleasant music.
Have fun figuring out how to program that in a meaningful way.

What about an detective game? Exploring sights and such.

Gondolas are travelers, watchers, and they dom't really interact with the other races and world.

Would work pretty good.
Relaxing mysteries, with pretty environments.

Pardon my newfaggotry, but wouldn't gondolas fall under the category of defeatist?

I do really like them. Fuck normalfags for looking down on them for not being fun and chaotic like everything else.

Yeah, Gondola himself might not have an influence over other or the world around him but he can have a bit of a personal journey.

No, Gondolas are the observers, the ones on the sideline. This doesn't mean that they are part of defeatism this just means that they are people that see things happening in their world for what they are and for what they know. They are whatever they have to be at the moment.

They're very being doesn't exactly allow them to be protagonists or even some important side character. Probably they would be a race that's always there. Wherever you go, whatever you do, they're just there. Observing you and nothing else.

I'd always imagined Gondolas being these peaceful creatures in an RPG world, who in-game are the subject of many paintings and artworks of the artisans in that world.

You can't make gondola game.

It's the magic of Gondola. Something about him is universal to the kind of people who end up on imageboards.

You could make them into a semi-mythical race that helps the hero prevent disaster like the giants in Majora's Mask

Fug me with a tent pole sideways… that second comic hit home… FUG :D

I'd rather have them as Easter eggs or some sort of collectible, though not super complicated ones and hard to find. Or maybe finding them can make a character give you something in exchange .
Let's say, an RPG. You travel all through the land, and there's a Gondola staring at the sunset, so you take a picture/your character draws an image. You cannot interact with a Gondola, and if you do a crazy stunt or noclip, they just stare at you, they don't even have a text box in ellipsis.
You have your super sad moment in the rain, and if you walk around for a bit, you'll see gondola looking up at the sky or staring at you. You go to a devastated war zone, and there are Gondolas there, staring at the rubble. They are even acknowledged by the NPCs, but they don't mind them, not even villains, but they find them incredibly intriguing.

I was a fan of Tactics Ogre & FF Tactics
Wouldn't mind having a Gondola race instead of a Mogs

Would a Walking Sim be appropriate for a gondola game? I feel like adding any kind of game to a gondola where you can win or lose goes against the nihilistic joy most Gondolas seem to have,

where would it take place?

There is never a time that you don't have to post gondolas.

Might as well post this to, and in case you're so inclined user a bunch of anons are making some gondola stuff in the spore sharing thread. Well at least me anyways.

Gondola is perfect for a Yume Nikki/Journey style game where you explore different environments.

Well my game's lore already have chimeras, i might add Gondolas too
They would be noble magical creatures, with psychic powers, farsight (both distance and timewise) and immunity to illusions

Effects would be costumes, but instead of doing things like stabbing or teleporting, they change the background music instruments to ones appropriate to the costume's setting. For example, a beret and neckerchief costume would convert the current area's song to be played on a French accordion instead. An adventurer costume that looks like it's from LoZ or DQ would change the instruments to an SNES or Game Boy synth, etc.

The best part of every Yume Nikki is when the experience begins to affect the one who's experiencing it, and that's a trap somebody could easily fall into if they inserted a Gondola as the protagonist. You'd ruin the way we see ourselves in gondola if you did that, and turn them into a character and a person and unique in some way that means they're no longer relatable the way a minute-long webm is relatable.

If you were going to make a Gondola game with the Yume Nikki Formula, you'd need to subvert it in a way. Establish early on that the places Gondola's exploring aren't his imagination, and put some long walks between each and every beautiful scene you can experience to establish a sense of space and time with your gondola's journey.

link the song user, maybe one of us here can gondolize it, been wanting to do a blender gondola

Is Gondola the purest meme?

Psychologists, get on this.
Theres got to be something, the quiet, wall flower nature maybe. The fact it isn't expected to be perfect and each and every gondola is weird but neat. Someone smarter figure this out.

gondola is poetry
gondola is rare delicate feels best feeld alone

Have a fresh, laundry smelling Gondola.

Nice

I don't know really. Gondola's don't really act that way either.

Fuck. Gondola's are an enigma.

Fuck I just noticed the book

Another for my small, but growing collection. Thanks user.

Yes it is. Gondola works because he is an enigma. A pure thoughtform of emotion. The good gondola doesn't tell you any background on what, why, who or when. They are the infinite moment outside of time where the past or the future don't matter. Nothing is said because nothing is needed to be said because it is undescribeable in words and beyond them. The gondola is you and all of us when we are detached from the past and the future, reaching a zenlike feeling of living in the moment. Where you came from and where you are going don't matter to that pure moment of when you are. Like getting hypnotized by the road on a long trip, getting caught in the rain and taking shelter somewhere alone, smoking a cigarette alone at night in a sleeping city, being alone in the middle of the forest or just taking a shower at night with an autumn storm goes on outside. It usually requires you to be alone because it is a very pure feeling that can get muddled if you are with someone that isn't on the same wavelength.

This is why trying to create some kind of fantasy race of gondolas is stupid and will always come off as cringeworthy. A gondola game wouldn't work either because it defies what gondolas are. Sure you could make a walking simulator but it's stupid because you could easily do that without gondola and it would still be defying the magic of gondolas. You can't and shouldn't try to make a gondola game because it's taking something beautiful and organic, stuffing it into a cage and making it do tricks for you. If you love gondola you'll leave it alone or at the very most use it as a tasteful easter egg.

tl;dr: Gondola is a pure moment of emotion outside of time without context of why this feeling exists or is felt. This can not and should not be made into a game. A certain unplaceable melancholy feeling is not a good idea for a game or a race and forcing them into your mold just ruins it.

I think it's not about the Gondola itself. The character is less relevant than the backgrounds it's being put in. Gondola works simply because of how blank it is. Anyone can project themselves on Gondola and understand the particular situation he's in.

Possibly.

I thought Gondolas were a response to Spurdos, who are manic Eastern European creatures.

You are wrong.

I think of spurdo as the mischief gnomes from old myths.

Gnomes you say.

ok stan

sauce on the second one?

Rip

Make sure to post all these in /gondola/ so anons can find them later.

why would you do that to poor gondola?

I keep thinking of them like Slimes in Dragon Quest. It's the same design but with changes depending on the environment. Not speaking gameplay wise, mostly just coloring.

When a bunnygirl asks if you want 'le puff puff,' if you say yes, it'd have a scene of a spurdo violently rubbing two gondolas against the player character's head The text would only be 'fug :DDDDDDD he findes out

I want to bully polar bear.

Late response, but here. Song is "Twilight Street - Ambient Remix" from the album "Shadow Hearts Arrange Tracks: Near Death Experience". Setting is town music for locations in 1913 Europe, with the original version of the song being called "Town of Twilight".
Base mp3 audio file (since I can't directly embed those, and it might be better than ripping audio from a jewtube video):
>downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/shadow-hearts-arrange-tracks-near-death-experience/05-twilight-street-ambient-remix.mp3
Pages with some ingame shots for possible ideas.
>shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Cannes
>shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Paris
>shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Port_of_Southampton

I don't know, just seemed to me like the slow, tranquil vibe the arrangement has would be perfect for gondolizing, ever since I first found it.

I'd say to learn to directly crosslink if you're trying to give another board/thread on another board easier traffic, but it seems like /gondola/ is being treated as an unlisted board (searching the list, only /godo/ shows up), so maybe it's better not to.

No I wasn't trying to link to it. Just inform it was there.

SO your telling me that there is a lone gondola sitting in a board alone somewhere?
How appropriate.

>>>/godo/
user there is next to nothing on this board. Got a couple nice gondolas though.

I shall share my gondolas

music?
sealed with a kiss

when we, and the chans, are finally gone, Gondola will remain.

Some boards are purposely unlisted to limit traffic to them by the board owner's decision, meaning you have to be aware of its existence to find it. Though, manually inputing it into the html (IE: go to Holla Forums's catalog/frontpage and replace "v" with "gondola" in the url) can also net you finding something if you suspect it's existence. Again, I'm not sure of why exactly /gondola/ is unlisted (some boards value their privacy, such as /jp/) so I won't link directly until I figure out why, but it's got more posts in it than >>>/godo/ despite that.

For a few minutes of searching, I actually thought the board had been lost in the last crash, like no one had reclaimed it, but it's still around.

More of numerous gondolas apparently enjoying their solitude; a board thats existence is unnoticed by those checking board list, lost amidst the sea of data.

What instrument makes that whistling sound at the beginning, exactly?

Someone ought to start making some "Kilroy was here" sort of gondola graffiti (gondolaffiti?), albeit with no text and toes instead of fingers over the wall.

One of the last remaining vestiges in a world corrupted. Pure and incorruptible as innocent as a mutant armless pedobear can be anyway.

name of the song?

Music source on that first one?

I don't know the source to the music on these

fugg, that's pretty sad

Name of this song? Wish the game would have lore like this webm.

Eligia, By new order

I'd buy it

That's a 10/10 spooky gondola right there

How far that thing has evolved over the years, to the point I see far less of the original, and much more spurdo and gondola. Though, from my own observations, there's also been a change in what anons find to be humorous, acceptable to post, etc over the years.

Gondolas speaking seems heretical.

Im in a good mood. So I'll put some actual effort.
Gondola NPC only
Any type of creature within X range will suffer a slow debuff. Longer exposure will lead to paralyzes.
Once paralyzed triggers this critical attack. 1 hit to take out of range of Gondola.
5% chance during paralyses debuff. Continues kicks to paralyzed unit till death or destruction

That's because it is.

Can Pidgin really be considered speaking?

It's an attempt at verbal communication. "Attempt" being the keyword.

Source on third one's music?

thats MedJed!

wouldn't gondolas talk by grunts or something equivalent to the Swedish Chef from the muppets?

I remember in a thread from a while back someone suggested that in a Gondola game Gondolas should only "speak" with pictures in thought bubbles like so.

but would it be a Souls-like?

Could be a mixture of that, and Gondolas making facial expressions like in the beta version of Conker.

Excuse my naive question, but wasn't Journey basically how a gondola game would be played? I never got around to trying it myself.

Medjed is punpun.

This is amazing, I really hope you or whoever is working on it completes it.

gondola in karelia

I want to fucking hug gondolas.

That second one needs serious revision. It's not accurate Spurdish.

Holy fuck, I think you're right
youtube.com/watch?v=bkL94nKSd2M

Operation Market Gondola

The odds of finding the source music for any gondola is pretty slim unless it's a well-known classical piece or a gondola the person posting made himself.

I miss times when gondolas were only crudely drawn. Drawfags putting too much effort to them seems pretentious

Gondola are Zen as fuck.

Be sure to ask NISA and Nintendo of America for advice on putting memes in your game.

This is a labour of love

The early ones are still some of my absolute favourites but I like that people bring different styles to it. It's as if Gondola himself is changed by the experience of visiting all these different places.

I agree that it might against the "agreed style" but it's definitely not pretentious.

anyone have the snowey hwndu gondola in webm form?

merci mr dubs man

Maybe not pretentious, but certainly annoying. I absolutely detest whenever Holla Forums engages in some sort of community art effort, everyone is having fun pumping out trash-work after trash-work, and then some sweaty tryhard muscles their way in with an MSPaint drawing of some tits and suddenly the entire thread ends up revolving around sucking them off.

Looks like you need the rest, friend!

I fucking hate current year and participation medal culture so goddamn much

Seasonal gondola's are the best.

The pretense would be that they are able to make gondola better by the comparative quality of their art. Gondola is already conceptually perfect, so an unnecessary level of quality and detail in the gondola itself and not its surroundings would be pretentious of the artist and demonstrates that they lack the ability to respect gondola for what it is in their desire to take some form of ownership of the concept. Good or bad is another question, but pretentiousness can be argued

Some sort of mimic/shapeshifter ability.

It's kind of ironic that you're talking about being pretentious with your head that far up your own ass user. To deny it change and growth is antithesis to the very nature of gondolas that you're so foolishly trying to "protect."

I was the user who typed up a lot of those ideas. I really liked the mental image of Gondolas only expressing themselves through gestures and vague symbolism. Text seems unnecessary when mood and music are how Gondolas really communicate their abstract message.

no I dont think its about envy or scorning effort, its just that sometimes effort isnt necessary.
When I look at some recent pictures of gondolas, I imagine that some jackass looked at original "crappy" drawing of gondolas, which were still able to potray the feels of people on imageboards such as kc or ylilauta from their everyday situations, and told himself "hey this is somehow good but let me draw this on my professional drawing tablet, spend hours in photoshop and focus so much on the technical aspect of my drawing so that meaning and feels will be lost in the process."

There's a difference between lateral and linear growth, and there's a strong difference between the approach one takes one looking at an existing idea and putting it in a different space than when taking the idea and changing it fundamentally. If the representation of a gondola changes too drastically it would be an effectively different entity, and one that was created for the appeasement of the artist. Again, I'm only tring to argue that putting too much work into the gondola itself is potentially pretentious in that you're taking something that is usually appreciated for its representation as a blank slate and giving it an excess of your personal identity and input. Of course maybe it's a part of the perfection of gondola that it always holds a cohesive identity that transcends whatever it has been molded into on account of this aspect of blankness and passiveness.
Either way I can't really think of many examples of gondola being taken possesion of too far by an artist, so maybe I mis-interpreted what standards he meant by 'too much effort', but my point was conceptual, not practical. Also, you don't need to assume that I'm trying to act in a protectionistic way when I was just arguing a case for why he might be feeling that an excess of effort is pretentious.

Holy fuck you try hard gatekeeping faggots. Has the concept of drawing gondola for fun regardless of effort or style never crossed any of your minds?

just fuck off. Gondola is still a wonderfull meme not tainted by normalfaggotry and its worth defending for all its feels.
Just watch this and maybe youll see what they are supposed to be
youtube.com/watch?v=m28n0h-1cTo&index=1&list=PLM3ZZv5pQ8ke0x3-FZ8fQqz6syjNHcFrw

I know what this image is suppose to convey but it's so fucking far-fetched and cringe-worthy. NO GIRLZ ALOWED club? What, are you thirteen?

You clearly don't get what the image is supposed to convey since you're getting hung up on the fact that one of the casuals that ruin things is a girl. Just so happens that girls are almost always extreme casuals, but also social vampires with very high levels of social power, so they're motivated to join groups and then have the power to control them, which results in them naturally making said groups more casual, to cater to their casual selves. This can happen with male casuals too, but they are more often not casual, and do not have as much automatic social power.

Dubs of truth

No, I understand this perfectly. I just never had such experience in my life. Better not have a clique with "open borders" then, don't you think, buddy?

Girls are allowed, but in my experience they typically aren't there for the game. Most of the ones I've known were ham planets fishing for dick or tagging along with their boyfriend.

The joke was funny at first user, but you're wearing out your guise.

yeah because it never happened before

Normalfags can't ruin something they can't understand, Yeah, it's security through obscurity and it might eventually stop working but it's something nonetheless.

That's the exact reason they can ruin shit.

I'm going to continue making gondolas the way I want to thanks.

if thats your oc then you did gondola right

All these things are transient. Gondola captures that quite well in my opinion; if you need private ownership of a nebulous concept - if normalfags enjoying something wrong affects you that deeply, it might be time for introspection.

You certainly seem to care about how the rabble feels despite the lofty objectivity you're trying to project. Or it could just be acting pretentious while claiming not to be pretentious, in which case I don't quite get how it's supposed to be funny.

No Fuck you. I'm not letting you dictate how I make my gondolas. If you really cared about this shit, which you don't. You would actually be making content, and yes unlike you I did make that just now. Took me two minutes in gimp.

no user its not simply about others enjoying things wrongly, because when they misunderstand what is it about and start doing it differently theyll change the concept itself, preventing any other future quality gondolas to be made

did you even read the thread you dumb faggot?

It's time to quit being faggots and make gondolas.

Yes I did, now get out. There is no correct way to draw a gondola, all you're doing is trying to keep people from making new content. Unsurprisingly you are guilty of the very thing you accuse others of.

First of all, we're not the same person. You can thank the IDs for that.

Second: I don't personally care whether or not normalfags enjoy something that I enjoy. I have seen people who take it as a personal offense but I ain't no one of 'em. Nonetheless, there are plenty of ways they can "ruin" something.

And third: Can we stop talking about a poorly drawn meme like it's some artistic masterpiece? Yeah, sure, Gondola is cute and gives you "feels" but discussing whether or not drawing it one way or another is pretentious is purely autistic.

Be a bit like Gondola and shut the fuck up.

nah we were having a nice conversation and yes even gondolas have "rules" (such as not drawing it with hands etc.) but you seem to be too dumb to understand it. The other thing you with your obvious imbecility misunderstood is that what I was basically telling people and drawfags was to take it easy when drawing, that way anyone could draw gondolas without feeling like he needs an actual talent or professional tools to do it.

So if gondola never speaks why does he always have his mouth open? Does he have something he desires to say, but can't articulate it? Does gondola want to speak, but believes he can't?

You're overthinking it.

Oh.

He doesn't always have his mouth open, but how you interpret his expression is up to you. Whatever method of exegesis you employ - considering the circumstances of the (likely) author, considering it to be a product of society or ignoring that aspect and focusing solely on the gondola in and of itself will affect your interpretation and appreciation of the gondola.

Now THIS is pretentious. Just enjoy the damn gondola!

I saw gondola race and thought of some kart game mod full of gondola bystanders in different spots as pc gondolas run a track.
only acceptable walking simulator

A better question would be "how many Aphex Twin tracks would perfectly fit with gondola?"

Hey look, a sour-grapes leftard who can't stand the fact that other people can draw better than they can!

Don't you have SEXIST CRAP to be crying over, Dobson?

Are you switching IPs or has your retardation finally taken upon a second form?

What a retard you are.

kill yourself. you completely miss the point that the original gondolas were shitty drawings were part of their charm and identity. You dont deserve gondolas.

And spurdo sparde was originally a parody of underaged Finnish posters which eventually evolved into national stereotypes and, for some reason, Finnish soldiers. And that in turn evolved from even poorer quality drawings of pedobear, which in turn was a mspaint interpretation of Kuma-san from 2ch. Gondola itself is only the latest chain in a traceable line of evolution and artistic changes, and even then people can still draw "good" OC of it while still preserving the melancholic, sometimes surreal ambience of the idea. Hell, people were here posting both scribble-tier and detailed pieces until Mr. "GOOD IS OBJECTIVELY BAD" showed up and posted a rant about how if any artist puts effort into drawing a gondola then they should have shit rained down on them for somehow "ruining" the meme. A rant which, by the way, wouldn't sound out of place in some liberal coast stronghold art university where some rainbow hair asshat screeches about how modern surreal art is supposed to be a photo of a lobster sitting on a telephone, and that people like Beksinski are ruining surrealism by being overly detailed, completely ignoring that the essence of the movement is more contained in the identifiable character and emotions conveyed by the environment than by how well he's drawn.

Most just don't want this character, of all things, to become so corrupted, and they see higher quality gondolas as a stepping stone to becoming another pepe or spurdo or whatever. I'm just hoping normalfags ignore it because it's not an ebin funnee mem. A real problem would be reshaping the meaning of gondola into something different, not necessarily the art style alone.

It's plain to see that a lot of effort went into things like the gondola seasons suite so worrying that too much craftsmanship will turn gondola into something different might be misguided. It isn't something that can really be commercialised, so people willing to put a lot of effort into creating gondolas must surely be people who already appreciate them. That isn't a reason not remain vigilant against the normalfags and sociopaths, though, since we've seen what they can do to videogames and other things.

DO U GUIES LIEK MY NEW MAYME????

I get what you're going for but if you put arms onto Gondola he just turns into Spurdo again.

Oh god what have you done.

Shit man, I need that music.

soundcloud.com/speder2/daydream
pretty much everything this guy makes is gondola-worthy

Gondolas are passive observers rather than active change-makers, so they'd be best off as a peaceful NPC race that spends their time watching the world around them, sometimes walking great distances to find new vantage points. Then again, maybe a playable Gondola could work. Incapable of violence, your only way to ward off enemies would be by staring at them, your very presence causing relaxing music to play until the enemy is pacified and no more harmful than any gondola. Your goal would be to wander the land, working out your legs in the process until they're long enough for you to observe the entire world at once.

So a bard on stilts with no arms.

"Gondolas are relaxed, harmless creatures that observe their environment. They rarely interfere anything, but just keep observing. They rarely talk, just look around and smile. This makes them very different from other creatures such as spurdo, that feel, pepe, yoba, etc"

WOW GONDOLA IS SUBJECTIVE GUYS I CAN DRAW HIM HOWEVER I WANT

Memes are serious business.

I like the idea of a gondola being the source of ambient music. Perhaps a defensive mechanism of a gondola can be to shift into a creepy gondola like 2nd pic related, driving the foe/predator into a deep feeling of uneasyness, driving them off. After fending off the enemy, the gondola returns to it's natural relaxed ways.

wad de fug :DDDDD

Gondola yukkuri when

OP made this early access cancer game about memes.
gamejolt.com/games/meme-rpg/189230
He heard Holla Forums is birthplace of gondolas. That's why he's here.

How do you know, are you his elementary school friend?

If you must know, I work for IGN.

It's this kind of pretentious shit I hate so g-d damned much! I CAN DRAW HIM HOW I LIKE, YOU GOT IT?

ebin :DD

I love this one. Thankyou.

I really liked that idea. I archived the whole thread by the way, if anyone wants a throwback.

archive.is/qOKQ6

Why, user

Damn, there's a lot of high-effort gondolas in that archive. Don't you think that will upset some people user?

I just want to share gondola with people.

is this why the website's being slow as fuck? Why are these links still up?

That's a very good question.

bud thens this of habbens :DD
Anybody can draw gondola. When you draw Gondola, are you placing Gondola as an observer, or as a participant?

i like this 3D rendition of Gondola a lot, feels so precise

i would say the whole "Melodies from Mars" would be excellent for Gondola

We've some how managed to figure out a way to get into an argument over gondola.
Amazing

I blame the assorted cuckchan rapefugees who feel like they are welcome here all of the sudden.

All these assholes see is le ebin maymay armless music bear and think it's a meme shitposting thread.

I need some good cosmic music for a fresh new gondola.

I vote for this.

Is this gondola heretic?

That gondola's spooky.

No not really.

Is that one of the Lisa games?

Any rare gondolas?

Gonna go with this. Wish me luck because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Maybe

You can never tell which gondolas people will already have and which they won't. It makes it hard to know which gondola is "rare".

Then again, does it matter how rare they are?

By rare, most people probably mean OC.

Every time this image is posted it gets longer and more retarded. I remember it stopping at browns.

Fixed it

Yep. No idea what I'm doing. It came out to 23.3 MB

The message is still generally the same, though; It's just that it gets renewed or updated to fit the current situation.

This is some good stuff anons.

Get it down to half the size and you'll just barely be able to post it.

anyone know where the song for this came from? sounds like something from Yume Nikki

Anons I just had an idea. In a gondola game they could communicate through sings they put in the ground. You know, through posts.

Signs, I meant signs.

I think I'm in the minority in that I don't think they should be communicating at all. I think there is just some unspoken understanding between all gondolas.

This is really good user.

Very funny.

I think this is my best one yet.

It came out quiet as fuck and kind of stuttery

What program are you using, user? I'm using VSDC and it's kind of miserable.

IDS CORRUBED

made this in 5 minutes using gimp. what do you think?

I made this one the other day, it's far from perfect it's my first one. I didn't want to do the entire prologue, just a loop of the intro.

I'm just running it through ffmpeg: ffmpeg.zeranoe.com
You run it through a command prompt but this one should already come with a .bat to open it faster.
ffmpeg -i MUSIC.filetype -i GONDOLA.imagefiletype gondola.webm
This is the basic command I use. If you're using an infinitely-looping .gif I'll post the rest of it.

Fug DDDDDD-:
Trying to export it again.

Anyone got a lakeside gondola image not already paired with music? Remembered some peaceful music used at an underground lake in a game I once played that seemed like it would be fitting for such a thing.

"Post-truth" world, user.

Made me think of Elizabeth from Gintama. Though it strikes me that it would be hard to lift signs with one's feet and remain standing. Either way though, I'm with in regards to not having physical communication. If they do communicate in some sort of manner, something unintelligible to humans as even being a form of communication might be better.

Does kind of make me want to see someone Spuroize the text intro in the opening for Ar Tonelico though.

some more OC

I'm no technomancer, user. That sort of shit is beyond me. I can turn this into an animated gif with some work in krita, but VSDC is being fucking awful.

Bretty good.

Ebin.

Still bad on my end, but it might just be me.

most of the Yurikuma OST has some Gondola potential,

Holla Forums is shitting the bed again.

where gondola lewd :::DDDD

There is something deeply broken inside the two of you

Gondola girl is weird, I don't like her. They're not supposed to have enough torso for breasts/abs/navel or even a proper ass. It's just a head on legs.

Fuck!
The first one is actually hot.

BAN DIS SIG FILDTH :–DDDD

Yeah just get ffmpeg, open the ff-prompt.bat and type in that command, replacing the file names and types as necessary.
It looks under the "bin" folder by default but you can drag the file to the command prompt to insert the full path.
You don't need to make that still image a gif, also.

can anyone recommend a free video editing software i could use to make gondola webms and mp4's?

Anything you can pirate.
I use camtasia because this shit is movie maker with a fancy hat, and simple enough for my uses
though any actual sane person would reccomend you learn vegas or whatever the adobe video editor's called

Okay, try shotcut.

ffmpeg.

thanks anons.

Running all this shit through a fucking command prompt in CY+2 is buttfucking retarded. No reason these faggots can't program a basic GUI for fuck's sake.

You could also try "webm for retards" though it had to be renamed because github's full of sensitive little girls, and I don't remember what the new name is.

>still using webm for retards bakas on github

last oc for the day

neat

Yeah right. No mud people with guns, no fucks given.

Doing gods work

this is what I was talking about. this webm just screams plebbit and cancer

wtf, its a gonadola doing what he does, waiting, in the middle of a desolate nowhere, with appropriate and thoughtful music

no and no faggot, that webm is a redraw of those better call saul interludes with music straight from the show

fug :DD

I don't watch TV user, this passes my head entirely.

I read the thread title and interpreted it as you guys making some kind of game jam where you have to make an rpg game based on gondola in the shortest amount of time possible and then compare it with other anons' creations. I need to get some sleep.

That would be cool as fuck though.

I didnt get the tv reference, and if it wasnt a reference I think it would be great
I still think its good
and I still think your meme is bad
but you are kinda right

Watch this.

bof

Are there Gondola jumpscares?

Is there a board or archive I could use to find the source for all this comfy music in these gondola webms?

You could try /gondola/. That's all I can think of.

we only argue about important things.

I want to bully a gondola from Vietnam.

Bump

thread's dead, don't cry.