Elysium General #2 Ganksquads edition

Elysium is a comfy private WoW server that boasts an active population and well scripted end-game content. We have recently begun setting up an end game raiding guild and need more people to fill out our ranks. We aim to begin raiding by the middle of October. We can help you level if you need. We are primarily looking for healsluts at the moment, if you want to roll other classes, feel free to do so, however just be advised that you may not be guaranteed a raid spot.

Download:
Windows:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2b32e64f6cd755a9e54d60e205a9681d6670cfae&dn=World+of+Warcraft+Client+-+Version+1.12.1+enUS+-+Windows&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969
Mac:
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwqkyVclKhsveG5ObkRTRW1ram8&export=download

How to Play:
1) Download the version of the game for your OS.
2) Edit the content of the file "realmlist.wtf" to "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org"(without the quotes).
3) Make an account at: elysium-project.org/play
4) Login to the game using the account you created in Step 3.
5) Choose Horde on the Elysium server.
6) Post your character name in this thread or use /who g-"Iron Guard" and whisper anyone online in the guild.

High Demand Classes:
Shaman
Priest
Druid

Addons:
Simply save the contents of each (((Google))) drive link locally, then you can pick and choose the addons that you want. This is an archive of thousands of addons for the 1.12 client.
Part(1): drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByAxutR4jmqfVFA4cGNkRG5ZdDQ
Part(2): drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByAxutR4jmqfQ2QxZV9Qc0RnR28

Elysium:
Discord: use at your own risk use at your own risk discordapp.com/invite/VVHRJeK
Realm Status: elysium-project.org/status
Forums: forum.elysium-project.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1794-vanilla-hunter-guide-the-arrow-and-you/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wGBasFY8fFGpBtiD1TAUBB99wxboCSVh5MW_6b_z0oU/pubhtml#
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qNJAhitHb94HmjH3-IXSpCjMmMaXkFU2YkivyAUecsc/edit#gid=463782036
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=6Co4vCA8D7o
twitter.com/elysium_dev/status/920112236198326272
ares-wow.com/
forum.lightshope.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=394
elysium-project.org/play
lightshope.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, nah.

1-3 orc
4-6 undead
7-9 Tauren
0 troll
Rollin

OK rolling tauren warrior when I get home. Any tips for appearance?

Fully white.

Wasn't elysium that one server where the admins were caught red handed for distributing currency to gold sellers and then banning everyone who caught wind of it? I could be thinking of another one but I could swear it was elysium as they'd just come out with their own core at the time which made it newsworthy. Turned into a major shitfest and the server bled something like 25% of its playerbase overnight. Mind you this was a long time ago but it's still worth remembering that the electric jew is even on pirate servers.

Yes, that did happen on Elysium. But you may be remembering when it ALSO happened on Anathema (ran by the same people).

Those were some funny videos. Didn't know you guys did voice chat when I played in January. I was on Zeth'Kur server and got to 50ish ice mage, I'm the guy someone gave me that purple unique robe a week before the server gossip came of collusion with chinks and botters. Not possible for my character to move to the other server or what?

No, you're stuck on Anathema if you didn't make an active choice to move to a different server at the time when Zeth'kur shut down.

Fuck off, we're full

Why not play a shaman or priest?

Anyone know of any sort of guides for useful addons with descriptions of what they do?

any /alliance/ here

Beefmcgristl toss me an invite i can't whisper yet?

Could be tempted by shaman or druid. Not really into healing tho. Played DPS before so easy groups as tank or heals would be good.

Then don't play shaman or druid.

Then don't roll Shaman / Druid / Priest.

WATCH OUT
One of the mods allows this shilling/plays with this half-chan discord group. If you sage or tell them to fuck off, you can get banned by the kike mod

The only one from half-chan that played with us that I can recall is Tyrannis and he buggered off a long time ago.

For grouping as a healer Shamans are the best healer (they have a regular rez and a self-rez = guaranteed wipe protection) and Druids are the worst healer (no normal rez, just battle rez, and of course no self-rez either). Either way you will want to run dungeons since both classes are shit at solo grinds.

Both Shaman and Druid can tank dungeons, although it's unusual as hell for Shamans to tank, but they can. Tauren is pretty much master race for Shamans though, since they can put that stun to very good use, since Shamans have zero CC and War Stomp doesn't GCD which gives them a guaranteed lesser healing wave or lightning bolt or chain lightning (if elemental). Shaman PvP master race build is 30/0/21 though. Enhance's winfury is RNG as fuck, melee dependent, and you have no good gap closers (charge/intercept/stealth, only frost shock and ghost wolf as a really shitty sprint). It gets kited to death pretty frequently and even when it hits you have an 80% chance of not getting that winfury (64% for attack & stormstrike). Elemental doesn't give a shit though since it just tosses lightning bolts from a distance, plus it has superior self-heals and defenses (shields). Not to mention Shamans do outrageous DPS when they throw lightning bolts thanks to the ridiculous talent support their lightning bolts get. In Naxx elemental shamans can keep up with Warlocks in DPS, although before then there is too much nature immunity (and resist - you don't really get nature penetration before AQ) going around and Shamans need a lot of mana recovery tricks to keep going as DPS.

Druid is just bearform and tank or you don't bearform and heal, mostly. They make shitty DPS until you get like AQ gear for feral. Both Shaman and Druid can run flags in WSG. Druids using catform, and Shamans using Ghost Wolf form + PvP boots for more speed. Elemental Shamans will probably Nature's Swiftness for instant Ghost Wolf when flag-running. Druids do have the largest bag of tricks in PvP and they can stealth ambush enemies and they can run flags, so that's always fun. They make great PvPers if you master all their tricks and rotations. Also, remember to get a Wolfshead Helm (put a ZG enchant on it) and check out the old Nostalrius forums for some gearing guides.

invite orc warlock Dinjok to the guild, pls

We need more neet healers to play. We have tons of DPS at the moment.

I could roll a shaman, but I must warn you that my experience with WoW is pretty limited so I am bound to fuck up things.

You can't heal in WoW with that attitude. The most important thing is to always blame everyone else, no matter how badly you fuck up.

Glass cannon guild hype.

Moonglade Death Squad killing elves trying to do their bear quest. There are surprisingly few guards in this place considering lvl 10s have to come here for their bear form.

man, used to play an undead priest back in vanilla in a BWL guild. I'm tempted, but not sure I want to go back down that rabbit hole.

When the fuck you guys did those?

you guys needs warriors right?

Ambitious fury warriors are probably right below healers in demand right now.

Good fury warriors are needed, but we really need healers right now.

rip elysium

I've never played WOW what class should i pick?
Shaman and druid look interesting, but ppl are saying that hunter is the easiest to level and oh boy do i hate leveling.
Can someone help me choose?

The only class that's even remotely difficult to level is warrior, and that's if you don't have good handmedown equipment. Everything else is anywhere from easy but time consuming to easy and quick. The first 10 levels are hell for a hunter though.

Hunter is an incredibly useless class at max level. It has terrible damage to the point that certain bosses have built in mechanics that specifically require you to bring hunters just to "Tranquilize" them when they "Enrage". If not for that mechanic, you would never see hunters in end-game content. They suck in max level pvp too. Not to mention there are way too many of them due to how easy they are to level. Fuck hunters.

Play a shaman, they have a ton of fun abilities/skills/totems and tons of class quests. They are healers, melee, and spell castsers. Plus, there is always room for a shaman in any raid group. People will be fighting with eachother to ride your totems in raids at max level too.

Cool, shaman it is then, How much does race matter in the long run, I'm getting a bunch of conflicting info?

It feels good learning this when I'm almost at max level with my hunter.

Tauren is the "best" because of their AoE stun and +Max HP but kind of look like shit. Orc looks the best in gear. Trolls are a snowflake race and I think people only pick them to be different or because they want to erp.

Typically you are going to bring 3 hunters out of 40 people.

As long as you actually pay attention and don't go out of the way to fuck things up you'll be better than 90% of hunters. Learn to actually kite and CC and you'll get guaranteed raid invites.

Tauren is pretty much the best race for Shaman in PvP for the synergy with warstomp.
For PvE it doesn't matter that much, I went with troll for the aesthethics. Trolls can speed up their cast time with their racial though.

"Orc looks the best in gear"
That's really important.

I guess I'm gonna make a bunch of test characters to see the casting, swinging and walking animations before i make my choice.

Trolls look the best in kilts though which is what you'll be wearing as a shaman as soon as you get your raid gear.

Been googlin armour sets for the past hour, and i have to say I disagree.

the lack of shoes is killing me and the massive shoulders on the orcs look sick.

Also Dannyorcvito the shaman is now live.

What are the best addons to use lads? I had a bunch set up, quit for awhile, had them all fuck up so I erased them, and now I don't know which ones to use.
I'm looking for the most "essential" ones, like UI and taskbar changes and other stuff like that.

tfw hearing that as a romanian is enough to stop me from rolling on this server

Romania or Romanians have nothing to do with this server or this guild. You're replying to the same demoralization shill who gets the first post in every thread but doesn't actually play on the server or knows anything about the guild.

zBar, Decursive, Luna Unit Frames

looks like I missed out on a ganksquad, whens the next one?

We've got another one this weekend I think

kek

We will probably do another one on Saturday, Oct 7th @ 19:00 Server Time (GMT+1:00).

Would suffer again 10/10.

Don't worry m8, this here is misinformation, pure stigma and a borderline meme about vanilla hunters, ironically from a shaman who is nothing but a bottom tier healslut and a windfury totem cumdumpster for rogues and warriors at endgame.

If you make the effort to actually learn how to play a hunter efficiently, you can easily top meters on just about any boss where you're not required to do other shit like kite, move a bunch etc.
As for PvP, honestly your only counters are other hunters who outgear/skill you, maybe a good rogue who initiates you, but even then, scatter, trap and flare and its gg.

This is a pretty decent hunter intro guide. I used to give it to new recruits back when I played. Has addons/macros and shit.
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1794-vanilla-hunter-guide-the-arrow-and-you/

Hopefully you're either a Troll or Orc hunter though… gl.

GANK SQUAD
Starting in 1:45 Hours @ 19:00 ST / GMT+1:00

good gank squad lads

good gank squad lads

Remember to sage and subscribe.

You're the one spreading misinformation about hunters.

Hunters are only invited to raids because they are mandatory for kiting and tranq. I'm sorry if this offends you, but it's not a matter of skill or using consumables, they are just straight up underpowered. It is mathematically impossible for a hunter to out DPS other classes, if you see hunters at the top of meters, it means the raid as a whole is terrible and you should find another guild (you'll probably see hunters at the top of Holla Forums raids - sorry, but we're terrible).
It will eventually get to the point where hunters are swapped in for the one boss that requires tranq, then swapped out afterwards.

However, hunters are THE funnest class to play in PVP, and you will become a rape machine quickly even in MC gear.

As a cat druid should I look for strength or agility gear?
1 point of strength gives me 2 melee attack power (in all forms too)
Meanwhile 1 point of agility only gives me 1 melee attack power (only in cat form) but it also increases armor, dodge, and crit

Look for greens "Of the Tiger" which is Str + Agi gear. Also, get a good stat-stick and put +9 weapon damage enchant on it.

How do you have anyone but Fury Warriors with +weapon skill as top DPS?

Primarily strength. The extra strength helps more for normal auto-attacks, and you're not going to be getting enough agility to have enough crits for the extra crit damage to outweigh the extra normal attack damage. Plus, agility is almost worthless for your bear form, and you're going to want to be using that sometimes anyway.

I stacked agility + strength gear leveling my druid and I had 22% chance to crit in greens. Agility also gives you AP in cat form.

I'll put it like this: if you're going to be focusing on Cat form, then obviously a combination of Strength and Agility is ideal. But if you're forced to choose between gear with one or the other, you take Strength. It'll do more for you than Agility.

I don't think you understand how good agility was in Vanilla. Besides, he said he's a cat druid - he'd get zero benefit from having some extra AP in a form he might not be using at all.

Strength gives him 2.4 AP in cat form if he puts 30 points in the feral tree. Strength is crazy good for feral DPS.

user i have some bad news for you..

Raided as a feral and balance druid, the feral DPS is real, but it has aggro problems. Also rogues, warriors and hunters will be prioritized for gear over you.
That being said, it's possible to be among the top 10 or even top 3 as a feral druid, you just gotta powershift like a madman and drink lots of major mana pots. With pretty good gear from AQ40 and BWL I pulled about 900 DPS and the warriors, rogues and hunters absolutely love the aura and will be climbing over each other to be in your raid group, while you get battle shout and trueshot aura.

Feral DPS becomes obsolete in Naxxramas however, has tier 3 is just too fucking good. Up until Naxx, feral DPS is viable and hard to pull off well.

tbh you're better off rolling a fury warrior or a rogue if you wanna be melee. Your DPS bottoms out when you run out of mana, as you need a lot of it for powershifting. Another protip I can give is to use a savory deviate delight so your camera doesn't get all screwy.

Has the right idea. You want strength, a boatload of it. Agility comes second, but not by much. This is the headpiece you'll be using for the rest of the game as well, so you better have it made for you and get the strength enchant.

Yeah, sure thing buddy. Even with the heavy-duty roids hybrids got around the last few patches before tbc hit retail raiding ferals and oomkins were the proverbial laughing stock.

That's why I'm saying people are better off rolling a rogue or a warrior.

Unless you plan to PvP as a druid, in which case the rabbit hole goes much, much deeper. Specifically shitting all over mages if played right.

Even then you'd almost be better off with all the damage and CC rogues and warriors have, rather than struggle with a clunky shapeshifting druid set up which is much harder to pull off well. Being the underdog, you can trip up people who don't know how to counter you but once they figure you out you're not getting easy kills anymore

didnt mean to repost those images, posting is somehow fucked up

whats the risk of the server being shutdown?

I want to play wow again but I don't want to pay.

Whats that sword you're using?

invite creekrunner to the guild

The server has been up for almost a year now. Blizzard keeps sending C&D letters, but Elysium keeps throwing them in the trash. The admins/GMs are cucks, but apparently they have a good legal team.

The server is hosted in Russia, there is no chance of it being shut down. What you should be afraid of is the server simply dying due to lack of players. This always happens eventually, but Elysium has already passed its prime and the playerbase is slowly fading. If a new server comes out, the playerbase will drop rapidly and that will be the end. Unfortunately you can't predict when this will happen, since a new server could appear at any time.

Invite Kafeet to the guild pls.

I don't think you understand that catform gets +20% strength. The AP is too good. Agility isn't behind by much for druids, but if the numbers are equal, strength wins.

You really want Atiesh or at least The End of Dreams as a Druid in Naxx. Ghoul Skin Tunic is also straight up a Druid item, being a leather chest piece with 40 strength. Eh, here's a Druid gearing guide:

Healer/bear/cat: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wGBasFY8fFGpBtiD1TAUBB99wxboCSVh5MW_6b_z0oU/pubhtml#
Moonkin: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qNJAhitHb94HmjH3-IXSpCjMmMaXkFU2YkivyAUecsc/edit#gid=463782036

Back in the day, the overwhelming majority of vanilla druids were bads who didn't know jack shit about powershifting or farming up multiple Manual Crowd Pummelers for fuckhueg deeps. They would just stay in catform all the time and do joke damage with some shitty stat 2H. Powershifting gives you superior DPS by giving you insanely fast energy recovery which rogues cannot compare to, letting you spam high damage abilities that would normally not be spammable. There's a bit more to it that I'm not entirely clear on though.

Yeah I'm not impressed with the guild. It's also Holla Forumstarded to a fault, which is no good. It's one thing to make jew jokes and whatever the fuck and another thing to have fullblown 1488 shittests because you are a serious autist.

If you have a Warlock his Felhunter can give the whole party +30 stealth detection. If you also have a Hunter he can activate Detect Hidden and sit on another +30 stealth detection himself. +60 detection by itself = no stealth for rogue. Aside from that there are Catseye Elixirs and Catseye Goggles. Not very potent usually, but if you can stack it with a Paranoia aura or Detect Hidden they work pretty well.

If you have Humans you could also blow the Perception racial for random, short-lived +50 stealth detection bonuses. It's a massive bonus and works well enough if there are rogues nearby. Generally that racial only helps if you know you're being stalked or you need to check you're safe in a clutch moment (BGs?), but evidently this was one of those cases.

Pretty much nil. Russia gives no fucks. Blizzard throws shitfits and they don't stick. Nost tried to shut down Elysium like a year ago in an effort to bend over for Blizzard and Elysium's response was basically "go fuck yourself we're keeping our server." The real danger is server death from lack of interest. The server admins have been implicated in enough shady shit (like selling gold to goldfarmers and other crap) that the only reason why people hang around on Elysium is because they can find no better.

The only way I can see that happening is when a blizzlike TBC server comes out and everyone has tired of the vanilla experience.

Seems like it'd work much better on the Alliance. Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Salvation, and Blessing of Might would probably do a lot more for ferals since Windfury Totem does nothing for you, and I rather doubt you're even grouping with a Shaman who would drop Strength of Earth and Grace of Air totems. If a Shaman is in a melee dps group, he'd probably drop Windfury totem.

If you're in a Hunter party you might be able to get a Shaman to drop Strength of Earth (for the pets & druid) and Grace of Air (for the hunters & druid) totems, as well as Mana Tide, but if the Shaman drops Grace of Air he's not dropping Tranquil Air totem for the -20% threat reduction. TA is probably the better totem if you were having aggro problems.

Oh look its the most cancerous guild from 4chan trying to recruit more people here, dont you love those subhuman romanians larping as nazis while yelling kekistani memes

It's been 13 years and they're still not tired of it.

Pick one

shit's still down, fucking slavcoding

Crestfall(Elysium) when?

Fuck you guys are a bunch of faggots.

Muh dorf fort.

Welcome to vanilla servers, where it can take upwards of hours even on the more populated ones.

I'm playing on Darrowshire. I've heard Elysium has about 4x the amount of players on it? Almost chose that server, only problem is I've never liked PvP servers because I'm the weirdo that doesn't enjoy being ganked while leveling.

That would be why then. Darrow and Anathema both have horrible populations compared to Elysium. I leveled on the latter a bit as Horde, even WC groups were rare.

can I raid with you all if I make a huntard?

what a shit guild.

If you're active and put in some effort it's probably going to be easy to secure a raid spot even as a hunter but it's hard to predict what the situation is going to be like when you're ready to raid.

No goblins? What's the matter with you?

Anathema has zero Horde players. Alliance there isn't too bad on weekends but still only like a third of Elysium's pop, which is still even more than Darrowshire.

I mixed up Darrowshire and Anathema, disregard. The PVE server still has an okay pop on weekends though for Alliance.

It has nothing to do with vanilla, it's just that you're late to the party. Most of the playerbase has already ran their 5 mans and are now raiding. It was impossible to not find a party back when it first came out.

I dunno if that's the case. I see tons of people in the lower level zones, so naturally it should be difficult to get a group going unless they all happen to be antisocial.

shouldn't be*

i've got a dumb question
what was deadwind pass during vanilla?
kharazan was tbc, so what was in deadwind pass? i don't remember quests or anything relevant there, but i do remember you could enter the zone

Come of outland and Khara were actually supposed to come out on launch but didn't. As it stands, Deadwind Pass only exists to farm runecloth without competition as well as a single enchant that only drops there.

Orc Huntard MadGrab plz invite

Servers have been shit all day

inb4 Blizzard finally got a hold of them

How does Kronos compare outside of the lower pop?

add deandu you fucks

ZG time boys

get hype

As pathetic as it sounds, I am just gonna wait for Jewziard to make a vanilla server. I don't want to waste time leveling my warrior then the server gets shutdown or some chink infestion fucks up my professions and shitty merchant skills.

Same shit, different asshole. Want the GMs to complete this broken quest for you? Better hope you're a donator, goy. It's also extremely undertuned, every instance and raid is far easier than real vanilla. Oh, and it's dead.

A blueposter on Blizzard's forums once said they don't even have the server code for vanilla anymore. Although he later recanted that statement, I don't really doubt it's false.

how the fuck does anyone feel like continuing
i got to lv 30 but just thinking about entering stranglethorn makes my head hurt
and there's hardly anyone doing low level dungeons, so thats not an option either

Server is ded
halfway through a ZG run, there's some nice loots in there for goyim who are behind

That is why we agressively kick people who are offline more than a day or two who are under level 30. Level 30 is the level where most people give up so if you don't play pretty regularly on you way to 30 you aren't going to make it through the 30-40 hump.

Ares!

after 30 you have to hop between different zones for gud xp and to keep your momentum going
try shimmering flats and hillsbrad

Elysium is kill for the time being, and guess who is the mastermind behind ruining it?

The only female on the Elysium staff. Very shocking indeed.

oh boy here we go. AGAIN

It's dead. Fuck me, and I just got a mount too!

I'm fucking dying over here, men

The drama never ends with these losers.

Pure definition of JFMSU

What happened?

You forgot to mention the girl ALSO was working with GMs and chinks to profit off gold selling.

So I take it you're National Socialist?

Every time.

Aristotle, History of Animals, Book IX: "Wherefore women are more compassionate and more readily made to weep, more jealous and querulous, founder of the railing, and more contentious. The female also is more subject to depression of spirits and despair than the male. She is also more shameless and false, more readily deceived, and more mindful of injury, more watchful, more idle, and on the whole less excitable than the male. On the contrary, the male is more ready to help, and, as it has been said, braver than the female; and even in malaria, if the sepia is struck with a trident, the male comes to help the female, but the female makes her escape if the male is struck."

TLDR

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░▄▀░░░▀▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░█▀▄░░░░▀█░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░
░░░▄▀▄░▀▄░▀▄░░░░▀░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀▄░░░
░▄▀░░░▀▄░▀▄░▀▄WHITE▄▀░█░▀▄░░░░▀▄░
░█▀▄░░░░▀▄░█▀░░HOPE░▀█░▀▄░▀▄░▄▀█░
░▀▄░▀▄░░░░▀░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀▄░▀▄░█░▄▀░
░░░▀▄░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░█░▀▄░░░░▀▄░▀█▀░░░
░░░░░▀▄░▀▄░▄▀░▄▀░█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀▄░█░▄▀░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▄░▄▀░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░█░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

so there's going to be another server with the backups and no crazy bitch

Lights hope is going to be run by 80% of the elysium staff minus the more corrupt staff members.

Why was Light's Hope Twitter account created a minimum of 6 days ago?

twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW

Also holy shit I don't think I've ever seen a more concentrated area of autism than Elysium's discord right now

C'mon, son.

You forgot to call us 4chan rejects.

theres no drama in iron guard… kek

Lights Hope project members being interviewed on a stream right now

gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=6Co4vCA8D7o

there was also a leddit created 2 weeks ago

They claim it was for a csgo team they were going to start

do you mean to tell me you goofs got the reigns on the freshest meme in vanilla server hype and you're not banning chinks
what are you doing?

Holla Forums doesn't run the damn game. What gave you that idea?

I thought some fag from here was doing the new server

How many people are on the server total? Haven't played WoW since Blizzard cucked it.

Horde was listed between 4000-6700 counting gooks.
Website listed Alliance:Horde about 48:52 split.
Seems like whitekidney &co are going to take server data from few hours ago, and relaunch on their own hardware within 48hours.
Whitekidney has also vowed to purge all the gooks, gold sellers, and trannies.

An actual non SJW that's in charge of a server? What sorcery is this?

Are there any good BC servers out there? Vanilla was kind of meh for me.

Don't hold your breath, whitekiddo has a history of being a kike

The rest of the team are SJWs or women or both. Including Pottu.

As long as I get to call people niggers and kikes I'm good.

Good luck with that, can't wait to see the knee jerk kvetching

But why are you faggots playing Vanilla, wasn't BC better?

BC destroyed the game imo

Depends on what you're after. Raids and arena were decent in TBC but a lot of the design decisions made it less complete as an MMO.

Are you serious?

now ely twitter is saying it will be back up
twitter.com/elysium_dev/status/920112236198326272

It will be, but nobody in their right mind will stick around. Wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down a few months from now when the donations dry up.

Honestly as someone who's a bit late to private servers I'm hoping this Light's Hope thing will be a fresh start thing so I can start on equal footing. Also what's the deal with Crestfall? Is that a planned vanilla server?

Crestfall is the new liru.

The website for Light's Hope says that there will be no fresh start servers and that the three servers will be brought back as they were, characters and all. Sorry buddy.

light's hope is going to be using the elysium account data so not a fresh start

You're underestimating just how many players play on Elysium (soon to be Light's Hope). A fresh start will stack 10,000 players in the starting zones and you'll spend hours getting anything done.

As someone who started leveling a new character recently, all the zones are alive and flourishing with players everywhere. I wouldn't worry about a fresh start imo.

Oh I know how many people are on Elysium, and I know the zones would be ridiculously packed. But I would still personally enjoy it, not even from a fresh start perspective but because it'd remind me of when the game first launched in 2004.

You should be worrying, because as soon as a fresh start server launches, it's probably going to kill the community that is now split between two different servers.

Why even bother with a fresh start until Crestall(Elysium) launches in 2022.

So another scandal eh? I don`t know the details but it seems bad this time, it`s a shame really I am fucking tired of server hopping.

Here's everything you need to know

Tldr: women ruin everything.

I am not that upset, you can`t blame a rabid dog for bitting your hand, you blame yourself fro giving him the opportunity. How optimistic people are with the Light`s Hope launch thing? Will this time have banned chink IPs?

all the money went towards maintaining the servers, promise!

Fucking this. I was a raid leader of a shitty guild once, and this bitch was in with her amazing mage BF (he was one of the top at arena ladders). Then she dated the resto druid of our guild (great player, too). While all of that was going on, another player was so delusional, he thought that he was her BF all along (even though everyone else knows the mage is her BF). In the end, the guild fell apart and she blamed me for leaving and fucking over the guild. I was fed up because people didn't care showing up, had terrible gear, didn't know how to play, and no matter how nice I was it didn't matter. How naive I was.

Women: not even once

They don't mention hardware on their announcement. Or do they?
That's my concern. My old Nost accounts will be fine and I only had a lvl25 on Elysium anyway.

Wow, who could've expected that.

I'm guessing having publicly available logs is some kind of hyper-advanced alien tech that no donation-maintained server ever managed to code.

Anyone got more of pic related? Rage stuff?

Light's Hope Elysium server is up, just put into your realmworld.wtf file set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

Is there a place to change your password yet?

Why play on Crestfall when the management is going to be corrupt as fuck? Hell, that Whitekidney guy has been known to be a gold seller/exploiter/whathaveyou for ages so even the Light's Hope shit is guaranteed to be corrupt as fuck.

Most people don't care. Everyone who played on elysium definitely don't. They did knowing full well what was going on, they'll play on lights hope as well.

This is absolutely hilarious assuming it's not written by someone who got into his account

Generally scammers are pretty tight with their own security. And all of it's been confirmed anyways.

No doubt it was written by him, but he and some of his cronies are trying to spin it like his account was compromised, which just makes it all the more hilarious.

Also this sucks waiting for Darrowshire to be up.

You do it in game.
.account password oldpass NewPass NewPass

So for example .account password nigger nigger1 nigger1

…why would you care if people bought gold on a private server?

MMORPGs aren't about logging on to do your dailies and having good raid parses. There's about the social links you form with other players (aka community), accruing power (aka loot) and overcoming challenges with others (dungeons and raids). Gold selling, leveling services and character selling undermine the community by letting players skip the accruing power part, which then reduces the impact of overcoming challenges because of the cheaters.

Have you heard about inflation user ? same applies to the ecomony of this server.

So since both Elysium and Light's Hope are just as cancerous as has been reported for at least a year now, are there any potential upcoming Vanilla servers that are not quite as corrupt shit as either of those?

it's only been up a few days user, give it a chance to develop cancer

How is Light's Hope corrupt? They got rid of the openly corrupt staff members and they've done nothing suspicious thus far.

Besides if you're worried about corruption you might as well just stop playing vanilla servers altogether. There will always be greed and corruption when you're playing a game maintained by volunteers i.e. people who aren't being paid.

You are aware who Whitekidney is, right? The guy who's adminning Light's Hope?

He was just some faggot who abused exploits and got banned on Nost, no?

"sold gold in the past"
the server seems to run a whole lot better now anyway

Why people post longass screenshots of chat? Do they think anyone will read their shit?

Because it's funny. Saved this one from an older thread. Wasn't this back on nost?

Not only did he sell gold and exploits on original Nost, he did so as well on Elysium, along with all the other bullshit Shenna and Crogge were doing like selling R14 characters and gold and nerfing farming methods. Only reason he split was because Crogge cut him out financially, so he trashed Elysium's database after stealing it so he could rerelease on his own host.
Not telling everyone not to play there because you've got years invested I would imagine, I was just more curious if there were upcoming, "cleaner" servers.

all i heard was that he sold gold in the past from a source on the inside
from the screenshots i saw it didn't look like whitey was in on it but who knows, i didn't really lok too hard

That covers a lot of the public shit before the current Elysium split, he also brought on several of the other staff that were involved.
Cheers lads, I'll stop shitting up the thread now.

Fucking why? Isn't that boring?

Do you respect Trees?

Why do you guys like Horde? Alliance has a better zone/town aesthetic, better questing experience, end game gear doesn't look like garbage, and there appears to be less completely braindead halfchanners.
Honestly, is it more of a nostalgia thing because you played Horde on retail, or?

Halfchan *only* plays Alliance, at least in Vanilla, because they're all waifufags and ERPers.
Zone and town aesthetics, as well as racial aesthetics, is completely subjective as well.

It's the same server with better hardware and slightly less shitty leadership.

In other news, I've been looking the Ares realm. Looks fairly good.

It's also part of the twinstar network which apparently has VPNs banned, so hopefully no china to shit up the realm. Also has a different team than Kronos, so there's even a chance the devs aren't completely retarded. Comes out Saturday.

ares-wow.com/

Since I forgot.

Sounds nice, but

Reminds me of Blizzard's character boost bullshit. I don't wanna start a new character just to have nobody to group with because everybody skipped ahead to BC content.

Maybe I'm retarded, but what does this mean exactly?

Probably faster spawn rates in highly populated zones.

Dynamic spawns means when there's ten gorillion people in a zone, a quest container respawns every five seconds instead of 5 minutes. Same with mobs.

Skeptical because I'm unsure of how well scripted the TBC dungeons and raids are, or if it's just up-tuned numbers to make it harder. Only one way to find out I suppose.

I dicked around on their PTR and it seemed like the values are pre-nerf. Not sure if you played vanilla TBC before 2.1, but heroics were fucking HARD. Almost every dungeon had pulls with mobs specifically designed to A) mostly CC immune and B) shit over tanks hard enough that your entire group needed to be using lvl 70 blues to stand a chance. Slave Pens had two pulls with those Spell Reflect mobs, Underbog had the giants at the end, Ramparts had Raveners with their Kidney Shot and insane DPS, Blood Furnace had the thrashing mobs, Shattered Halls had the entire fucking instance, etc, etc. And even discounting those pulls, the rest of the dungeon were hard as fuck.

Dungeon tuning is the main reason why I stopped playing every other private server. I think it was on Kronos, but I remember doing RFK and having the elites outside hitting for 140. Then I zoned in and pulled the beefy melee mobs (Battleguards?) and they were hitting for 40. Elysium wasn't that bad but it was still a joke, same for Warmane. I tanked heroic Shadow Labs on Warmane and my group was getting pissed at me because I wanted them to use CC. And they were in the right considering I managed to tank the 6 elite pulls with little to no effort involved.

I'm pretty sure Heroics were originally designed to be an alternative to raiding rather than the stepping stone, hence the difficulty.

I did the exact same thing.
Leveling a warrior in Vanilla was a giant hassle

Wasn't heroics implemented to give players a reason to go back and do old raids?

Heroics were dungeon only at first and didn't become applicable to raids until Wrath.

It fucks the economy. Inflation is a thing. It's also Pay2Win as fuck.

does Holla Forums still have a guild and how many people are in it and 60?

is a guild that is led by us but invites normalfags with the intention to raid. We have plenty of 60s but still need to PuG people to be able to raid Molten Core.

Did they allow the people they fucked over realm transfers yet?

If you're talking about the transfer from Nostalrius to what is now Anathema then no, the frogs will never give those characters back.

I wish i had the patience to raid. I levelled a toon to 60 on Kronos earlier this year, and gave up after the first ZG run. I forgot how fucking intolerable amounts of shit that Vanilla raiding was.

that was one long ass MC raid

Any one of you faggots stream? As much as I'd love to get down with you retards, I don't have the time. Would enjoy watching though.

Nah, but we killed Ragnaros this weekend with a mixed guild + normalfags group.

how did the raid go? did you wipe a lot?

It was a little bit messy but it was as expected running with a bunch of russians.

Hey I plan to roll warrior on the lights hope server?
Can any one link me to a guide or a some tips?
I've never played wow before.

google shit fam
warrior is best melee dps for Vanilla

Don't play warrior if it's your first time ever playing, warrior is the hardest class to level up and you might ragequit early on. It's also the hardest to raid with (but has the highest maximum potential). If anything, play the easiest classes ever like mage, warlock or hunter. Or literally anything but warrior.

fuck off. Let the kid play warrior.

I'm just here to remind you guys that everytime you pick up a fight with the other /vg/ horde guild, try to poach their members, or try to advertise on /LHG/ I laugh wholeheartedly>>13602922

You might want to wait a week before starting, there's rumors circulating WK is going to launch a fresh vanilla server to further crush Elysium

Not at this time, we have no plans for it but it is not off the table entirely. We'd rather focus on our existing realms first and make sure they're taken care of as opposed to repeating the mistakes of the past so quickly. As we solidify our future content timeline for the existing realms this idea will be revisited accordingly.

Taken from :forum.lightshope.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=394

tldr Whitekidney is a stupid nigger, have fun playing on the totally legit server after they supposedly remove all duped gold/characters. You all deserve this for not having jumped ship earlier.

That's all I can think of offhandedly.

H-here I go

Holy fuck you're being a gargantuan faggot jew trying to use him for your benefit. Let the kid do whatever he wants. If he doesn't like tanking, he doesn't have to tank.
don't listen to this cretin. Just level Arms.
you will never use crafted armor. It's shit. also a waste of time. if you want to reek money just go double gathering and sell it all on AH.

How tolerant are you guys of fuckups? I might try Tauren shaman but I never really did raids in WoW before so I know I'd screw up at the beginning.

Whirlwind Sword on an orc?
You're making the same mistake I did when I was 14 and playing live vanilla picking the Whirlwind Axe as a human!

We're teaching every fight to new guys and we have people who are willing to help with teaching people how to play/gear their class.
Being able to take constructive criticism is very helpful too.

It's just much harder to get into groups as warrior DPS. Even if it can wreck meters when played right. I did a Princess run the other day on a 50 warrior and probably did about 30% more damage than the 60 hunter in the group, despite most of my armor being level 30-40 stuff.

Now this is a meme.
Double gathering is a viable alternative, though. Just make sure to go Skinning + Herbalism/mining, since you can't track both herb and mining nodes at the same time in vanilla.

Improved Overpowered, Deflection, Improved Charge, Tactical Mastery, 5% dmg, axe spec vs Cruelty, Unbridled Wrath, Enrage and Blood Craze. Just from a solo PvE perspective, Arms is better sub 35 in terms of damage and survivability. Factor in tanking + PvP and Arms shits all over Fury sub 35. I really want to know why shitters recommend Fury leveling. The only advantages Fury has over Arms is that you can use staves without gimping your DPS and that you can just swap between the best 2h weapon at will.

>3) Make an account at: elysium-project.org/play
Getting a 404 here

There was sever drama and they rebranded.
lightshope.org

You're better off waiting for a fresh server or a new project at this point, Lights Hope Elysium server is still corrupt.

Then I wouldn't be playing with people from here so I'm not as interested. Thanks for the link though.

I almost wiped the dragon boss in UBRS for being a retard, and I have yet to be lynched, so I guess it's ok unless you a being a massive faggot and pull all the whelps.

For fury, you forgot Death Wish. I still contest that Improved Slam is criminally underrated for 2H as well. Also can't forget that dual wielding being viable doesn't hurt as well, in case you get unlucky with 2H weapons for a while. It's ultimately a matter of personal choice, though.

I think you people are forgetting that you can abuse /sit macro to get the regen + the 25% damage boost from fury tree while leveling.

Elaborate.

let critters hit you while you sit and you'll pretty much have a constant blood craze. While sitting, all hits will be crits to you and critters can't hit harder than for 2 damage anyway.

Because his name sounded chinky, that's why

I assume you pull the critters with demo shout, rought?

Yeah, I think the speed debuff shout works too.

Any strategy for always having a critter around?

There's really nothing to say other than aggro them and let them wail on you. I'm not sure how far their leashing is or anything like that but there's usually critters everywhere you go outside of shitholes like Desolace. You can even use them in a fight if you position yourself so the critter attacks you from behind for healing, or in front to take advantage of more overpower procs.

forget the overpower part. I mixed it up with revenge.

Up to level 16, kind of a slow leveler but I'll get there.

Look at this C O R E H O U N D in a M A G A H A T

Of the 3 healers which one is the MOST RARE

I like being the special snowflake

Give me an invite

Shamankang

not sure if I want to stay a shaman yet

Did you end up rolling tauren shaman? If so, you haven't gotten to the FUN part of shaman leveling (The Water totem chain). Leveling in general will get rougher once you start being in contested territory on the regular, and the XP needed gets more brutal later on. On the upside, if you log out in a major city and take a decent-length break at a higher level, you'll run on rested XP for a long, long time.

Most rare: Druid
Highest demand for us: Priest
Highest demand in general: Shaman

Yep, just got the first quest for water totem chain today, will see how that goes tomorrow.

So if I want to just get maximum heal/sec priest is the way to go yeah?
Also, does anyone want to level with me from scratch? Not sure which race to pick yet, but I lean towards undead just for the irony.

How? Our first raid back on nost was half priests. They were all dps.

Imagine being so cucked that you didn't quit or atleast move on to Light's Hope when it came out Crogge and Shenna were collaborating with chink gold spammers and duplicating characters to sell, that you'd still keep rolling characters after it came out that the entire staff is in on it, and just take it.

It's going to be hard to beat shamans on healing meters in raids, especially later on. Chain heal is just too good for raid healing. Priests have big single target heals and are excellent tank healers though.

Level rogue so you can butcher people in pvp at max lvl wearing nothing but your undies and using a rusty fork.

explain?
I recall being told that whitekidney had farmed his own gold for selling but he did it "legitimately," no?

I still can't fucking log in. At least I know my account is safe because I changed my password

What's the tanking situation in the guild? I have only ever DPS'd raids before but I'm eager to learn tanking. Currently lvl30 war

What happened to Infinity? I played way back in the day until i got banned by homos for innocently exploiting the mining bug.

Are you faggots still playing?

Also what happened to that TBC server?

Tanking situation is alright right now but you can never predict how many tanks we will have lost by the time you're 60.
We do need more dedicated fury warriors though.

Most of the -players that are still interested in playing the game are now in , a guild that recruits normalfags in order to be able to raid. It's been working alright so far but we need more people who are willing to show up to raids.

Race is only really important for priests.

So what is it with Hope of Light?

You mean gummy's server? you weren't here for the fallout? Alright I'll tell you:

I would have joined if I had my old char back, it is a priest too. But im banned for life and since i kinda stopped neeting i cant afford to level another char especially on some gypsy tier server hosted in a dumpster in some eastern European shithole that can get shut down anytime.

I was asking about that Infinity server we used to test and fuck around. I know about gummy drama, it was hilarious. However i didnt know about this part:

Lel, what an autistic loser.

I thought this was 8ch, not reddit.

I'll just tank my way to 60 and see where we're at.

This also works

Why would someone do this? Did he just keep the server up for a small group of friends since he couldn't use it for everyone else?