Sonic Rush

What you think about these games? I always though they would 100% better if sonic was 2d like 90% of the game is.

They'd be 100% better if sonic didn't control like a helium balloon

He just needed the ground stomp ability, is all. I like how it evolved from the classic formula, the physics were definitely something you needed to get used to though.

I'm retard.

It has my favorite Sonic OST

the actual structure of the levels lacked anything to make them stand out as unique. I never went through a level and went "oh it's this part"

adventure was garbage

How so?

Haven't played in a very long time, so things may be off. The new features and gameplay changes to me felt as if it took a little bit too much away from the first game's design. First game, going fast was more or less the priority of getting through all the levels. The game is called Sonic Rush for a reason. I didn't really get that feeling in Adventure for some reason. In fact, it's probably one of the few Sonic games that I wasn't assed to collect all the chaos emeralds in.

They are pretty good games.

I really like them. I overall love the main theme they have, which is rush through the zones (except Colors DS, but it still explores the theme if you play it). The physics they have are a bit degraded and worse to handle and feel compared to Advance's engine, but they stood up and are still good enough to let us have fun. Though it's where it originated the famous wall walking joke meme and how the spindashing is really weak on theses games (especially Blaze's one too), it's managed and changed to handle the focused speed momentums we gather all the time, and I believe it does its job, where for example, I prefer the way Sonic jumps on Rush's formula, which he can make REALLY short jumps, enough to rapidly take off and land on the ground in a short space of time, compared to the Genesis games, or how it's easier to gather huge momentums in a second on loops when you jump in the end of them, compared to the Genesis games again.

Being able to rush the zones while it makes you occupied to execute other actions besides boosting is the main thing theses games does, and I really like it. By no means it's a boring game which has no variety of controls to use, in other words. For some reason, I feel that Rush games (and Advance 2) are better as the Boost Sonic games than the modern Boost 3D Sonic games themselves, which I think it's because the Rush games features almost no automatization or scripting.

Personally, I like playing it with different actions everytime to spice up the game. I sometimes boost, I sometimes use spin, and I sometimes just run and do nothing else. I was able to memorize most of level structure design the game offers, so I'm able to have great gameplays and do pretty well on it, which is why I don't mind not always boosting. I can note the games are spot-on and great for theses who love to time-attack, because its difficulty to gather shortest times is huge. Not impossible, of course, but hard enough to give you a great time.

Sonic Rush > Sonic Colors DS > Sonic Rush Adventures

I really love Rush because of its artstyle chosen, the content, the trick system, the special stages, and most important thing, because of Hideki Nagamura. Holy hell, I didn't thought a mixture of pop, rap and fast tempos would come up as a golden formula of music. The soundtrack is easily the best of Sonic's music. It's so freaking good that I was able to love every single piece of music it came up at any moment. It's so freaking great that I was terribly disappointed to know Adventures and Colors DS didn't had the participation of Hideki. It's so freaking amazing that I wish Hideki Nagamura would even replace Jun Senoue. It's so freaking oustanding that it perfectly fits with the game's theme overall.
Rush is amazing because Hideki Nagamura. 'nuff said

I think Rush Adventures is the least good Rush game because its chosen sudden artstyle that really is different to Rush's case, which I don't think pirates, treasures and booty stuff fits with Sonic. Maybe it's because I got too used over Rush's artstyle, which in turn made me pretty hard to tolerate Sonic but with pirates, but I don't know for certain. I also think that because again, Hideki didn't participate into this, plus a few nitpickings that I have. Nonetheless, I don't think it's a bad or mediocre game in the other side. For instance, I really like Blizzard Peaks, Pirates's Hideout, Sky Babylon, its great bosses and other things.

I think Colors DS is worse than Rush, but better than Adventures, because I think it performs better than Adventures in all things. I appreciate the new moves Sonic has on this game, I like the own soundtrack with a few changes to make it sound unique which I think is better than Adventures's but worse than Rush's, I love how it brings back Rush's special stages with a different twist, and I think it handles better the wisps (with Frenzy being the best) than the Wii version. That said, a few flaws I can point is that Blaze is not playable and Roger Craig Smith is the voice of Sonic on this game, which I hate him.

I recommend to play all of theses three games. They are great and worth of your time.

Out of curiosity, are you the same guy who made the thread of Sonic Riders here before?

Don't use them if you don't like them. Simple as that.

No I'm not, I've never been a fan of Sonic Riders I find it needlessly complicated. Thanks for the well written insightful reviews user.

Shit level design. Sanic games should have little if any bottomless pits.

Oh, alright.

You're welcome. It happens that you picked ones of my favorite Sonic games, so when I saw that you mentioned them, you made me motivated to write a long review.

Rush is OK, Adventure is more of the same but with awful vehicle segments. Never played colours but it has a better final boss than the main console version.

OST for both Rush games is GOAT.
Except one track.

TOO BLACK, TOO STRONG

I know that Rush's soundtrack has a collection of existing used samples borrowed from various others pieces of media, like how the lyrics you have just sang are from speeches of Malcolm X, but isn't that type of practice dangerous, which it would strongly increases the chances of receiving various notices of copyright infringements? How did Hideki handle this?

Why you don't like the particular track that plays when Whisker & Johnny comes up? It's quite catchy, especially when the voices Whisker & Johnny spout during the battle goes really well with the music itself.

In short, audio clips of a public event are not copywritable, only specific recordings of it are. At least one recording of Malcolm X saying that is public domain, which means that the audio is too. This also applies for any other such recording.

For other samples, Sega, like many other video game companies, bought large numbers of sample CDs in the 90s, which are just CDs that contain royalty-free audio samples to use for music production and other sound design. This is why you'll often hear exactly the same sound in various games by the same company, or even different companies. Nowadays, rather than physical CDs, there are simply massive audio file libraries for sale.

When a musician or sound designer is hired for a job at a game company, they generally have access to that company's sample libraries and can use them as they see fit without worrying about their origin, since they're all either public domain, or previously bought/payed for and royalty free. Though he sometimes records his own, this is where Naganuma gets most of his sounds, and the reason that if you ask him on Twitter where a specific sample in a song came from, he'll usually tell you something to the effect of "I don't know, it was in Sega's library."

How is Sanic All Star Racing

reporting in with best waifu.

Never played either, but loved the rush osts