Older anons when you play videogaymz do you ever get the feeling of "wtf am I doing with my time/life" combined with...

Older anons when you play videogaymz do you ever get the feeling of "wtf am I doing with my time/life" combined with "I've already experienced this sort of gameplay/story in better games already" ??

THat's all I get now
I still like games, well older games, but I've already played them to death so no point to continue.

Other urls found in this thread:

dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ209760.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe you should stop playing with virtual toys and get a proper hobby if you feel unfulfilled about how you spend your free time.

I did question why I kept playing video games so much.I realized I really enjoy them so it doesn't fucking matter if I do this. I could be watching TV or browsing goybook like normalfags do.

enjoyment isn't the best metric for doing things.

not an issue tbh, i barely ever play games anymore, I'm just reminiscing over the past good games existed.

so what is the best metric for doing something in my free time? How many dicks were sucked? I'm sure you would care about something like that.

I guess it would have to promote your growth towards your highest purpose.

I only ever get that feeling if it's been more then roughly 3-4 hours, when that happens I just stop and do something else. No problem really.

Oh you're one of those faggots.

If you don't enjoy bettering yourself more than wasting your time, you aren't going to make it, so might as well join rest of humanity and stop trying.

better yourself is sometimes painful and uncomfortable.
I dont play video games anymore.

I can tell you're full of shit because no one legitimately interested in bettering themselves would waste one iota of their life on an imageboard, especially not one dedicated to video games when they themselves don't play video games.
If you ARE a no-fun loser who's all about "muh betterment for muh higher purpose" then you're doing a real shit job of things.

Why are you posing? What did you plan on achieving with this thread? Why are you uncertain about everything but assert you "know" the right thing to do. Are you here to seek validation for your stupid decisions in your life?

If there's no point to continue for you then stop. Me personally, making games is all I want to do with my life so I'm polishing my writing and learning to code (thank god I have an artfag best friend though because outside of the creative side of things I can't art for shit). Now I play games to feel inspired for the games I'm making, and really it shows me them in a new light.

The thing is, my fellow oldnigger, games only give you back what you choose to take from them. If they're not giving you back what you want them maybe it is time to either look at it differently or look somewhere else. Me personally I plan to play games forever, but I'm also blessed with a terrible memory so if I wait long enough every game becomes like new again.

Video games, like anything else, are best enjoyed in moderation. I too reached the same point as you, and burnt out on video games. After that I took a long break and focused on other areas of my life, and after a few years I saw a couple vidya that I wanted to play and picked it back up again, and had a great time. You don't need to swear off video games forever if they are something you enjoy, but it's definitely something that shouldn't rule your life, as ultimately you won't even enjoy the games themselves any more. I liken it to eating nothing but dessert, it gets old fast, and you end up hating what you used to love, because you're not eating the good, solid meal before getting to the sweets. Hobbies and recreation are far more enjoyable when they serve to enhance your life rather than define it.

Oh, and the only reason you're even enjoying the old games is because you're engaging in a nostalgia trip, and that is what you're enjoying, rather than the game itself. Just quit for a while, get your shit together, and after you finish doing that it should be easy to pick out a few gems that come out in the time you're taking care of other things.

I do but then I realize everything else is just as meaningless so its alright.

Kind of like football. Need more beer every time to keep it interesting.

No fucking shit, but what other is there to do?

Instead of playing vidya I do non-vidya hobbies like painting and studying particular topics I am interested in. My logic is if there are no good games to play then don't. It's not like I have to be playing games.

Specifically on vidya though, I have random gaming sites and browse Holla Forums while I do other things. The only games I've played this whole year is Conan Exiles, Nier Automata and Divinity Original Sin 2.

I do.
But it's more
Then I feel like shit and worry I will fail exams (which I did in HS, hence these strong negative feelings). I want to play vidya, I also want to do well academically, get fit, learn the guitar and learn Japanese. It's too much.

Literally the only interesting game all year.
I don't even remember last years games either. Or the year before. Honestly all I remember is Dragons Dogma on PC, Vanquish on PC, and everything else is blank.
Pathologic next year, or the year after.

It's normal. Just like with science, every now and then there's an amazing breakthrough that redefines a genre of gaming. Everything in between is just refiniements of the last breakthrough. Those breakthroughs (in genres I like) are what draw me back in and keep me invested for a while (at least until the inevitable sequels and first refinements come out). Interest wanes inevitably, but usually breakthroughs are about 3-4 years apart so I generally get the gaming blues for about 2-3 quarters.

I am also very interested in the progress of realtime computer graphics, especially in the algorithms used to render images (+the tech behind it). Watching us cross the Uncanny Valley is very interesting, to say the least.

My advice to you (or those with similar outlooks) is to put gaming on the backburner and pursue other interests, but keep watch for any breakthrough games in the genres/aesthetics/technicalities that you like, then have a go at those and see if they rekindle your enthusiasm. And if not, so many other things to experience on this little blue planet.

Well OP, 2 years earlier i (nearly daily) asked myself why i didn't went with the sportclub instead of videogames. One bad choice on a hobby started a 20 year long downfall. Worth it? Absolutely not…
Then i stopped playing and caring about games. But still visited this shit hole, and i started ask myself (half year earlier) about why.
The answer was because it's already too late.

If any of you passed 25 and still here, still playing vidya than you better prepare for a very bland and depressing life in your 30's.

And it won't get better…

I wonder who will die first, me or the videogame industry…

no , 'cause i'm not gay like you OP

This is why we can't have good threads.
Cuckchan floods
Fuckoff

I'm always studying so I haven't really played that many games throughout my life, at least compared to the average user on Holla Forums. There's a lot of classics and old gems that I never touched, so whenever I have some free time I discover ancient shit for the first time and it feels great… Can't say I've ever felt bad playing video games since they're the only form of escapism I have, and I don't play them enough.
Try finding other hobbies or getting busy with real life shit so video games retain their charm.

Nope. I don't watch TV, read fiction, comics or go to the cinema because it's all pozzed kike shit, I am too lazy to bother with a social life, not that my work hours would allow me to have one if I could. All I want to do at the end of the day is sit down and relax playing a game.

i'm older than you user, all i've had to do is cut down on vidya which just makes me enjoy it more when i have time to really sink into a game.
the only thing that's really changed about playing for me is that i can no longer touch mmos or really any online game with a progression system.

that is a good thing though.

Yes, OP. Kind of the reason I've been playing less videogames lately. And since I'm less invested in the hobby, I've been playing more indieshit than before. Not that I think indies are good, they are just cheaper. I see no sense in paying 60 bucks for most shit we have nowadays. Almost every full price game I played recently (even ones I found good) left me thinking maybe I shouldn't have spent that money on it.
I even got Titsnfall 2 on a discount, and is a good game, but I'm really not motivated to play it, I keep nitpicking on some details about it, and it's been sitting on my shelf since.

Well, I still have fun with games so I guess I'm not at that stage.

RTS games still satisfy my itch for complete destruction.

Severely underrated post.

Also , for you said "wtf am I doing with my time/life". Same thing can be done for a fucking kike having an epiphany "I cheat, stole, do bad shit my whole for pile of gold. I have done all I perceivably can, wtf am I going with life, everything is so boring." or any other situation.

Life is life, do what you enjoy, do not be a problem to yourself and others. Vidya lately sucks balls hard, any Holla Forumsirgins worth their salt know this; That is why I keep playing the ones I enjoy and the extra time off from having good vidya 24/7 all season all year long from the bygone days are spend on playing music and learning art (especially watercolour painting) instead.

This is the main reason. The alternative is either really expensive, unappealing, or downright revolting.

And I DO still enjoy playing video games. Even though I am getting older, and they are aren't as appealing as they used to be. Part of me wishes I could be out exploring the real world. But like I mentioned before, that is awfully expensive, dangerous, or both. Not to mention that I lack the social skills to really do anything outside the norm.

I'm not an older user haha retard

Disappointed that's not a gif.
Wayforeward has great girls.

A lot of retards have been posting here recently. That is to say, there were plenty of retards before, but now there's more retards.

Not really, if you weren't doing this you'd probably be filling it with another useless time waster, plus you enjoy vidya, it's a good stress reliever

I have no doubt about this. I'd be wasting my time one way or another, regardless if I play games or not.

What if life itself is one big time waste?

That is a deeper philosophical question than we're trying to answer here, but it really is, kek.

anything but the struggle against ZOG is a waste of time anyway, so down the hatch

He's not trying to convince us to stop playing vidya and improve ourselves. He's trying to convince himself

you are only taking from the hobby. when I feel the same way, I go back to planning for my own game. there are so many engines to get you into development these days, that are royalty free until you use them to make money, there is almost no excuse not to try some out and start making your own, better games. you will already come in with a shitload more experience than these faggots that take (((university))) courses in game design. also, stop playing FPS games and become a FPS by buying some guns. it's a hobby that I never thought I'd be super interested in, but when you start studying design and ballistics of the rounds, it becomes almost addictive. good luck, OP

Life is meant to be enjoyed.

HAppens to me but with real life instead, sadly can't leve behind the flesh realm just yet.

Underrated post.

Do the obvious thing user, and find something else to do. Maybe those professional certifications you've put on the back-burner. Maybe just read a book. Assuming you have a job, focus on that, maybe go to church and find a "nice" 3dpd girl.

Maybe stop being a faggot. You should take this advice.

funny enough i was getting that yesterday when i came home from work. best thing to do is stop those thoughts right away and either take a break from vidya for at least a few days or go fuck it, close your eyes and point at your game list and play the game you're pointing at

This. Unless you're a degenerate homosexual. In which case I will enjoy gassing you.

That came out right? Got a pirate link?

i don't
i paid for it

what game is that?

Care to share it?
If it has that dlsite DRM then I guess just link where you got it from.

Here's the dlsite page dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ209760.html
I need to find a magnet link for it or something

Thank you user.

something real spooky

i gotta go to work soon so maybe after my 10 hour shift if no one else has uploaded by then.

its an endurance game where you have to survive waves of enemies apparently this is very easy mode im on if the whiteboard in the training room is correct

Upload that shit to MEGA user. For the sake of my and many other user's dicks.

For me nostalgia is like a drug. I hit a low point in my life and to keep myself sane I play games from my childhood. I don't think I enjoy games for the entertainment value they provide, I play them to keep cosy memories from my past alive.

I downloaded the trial. Where's the H?
>10 hour shift
Jesus man, don't work yourself to death.

Balance, in all things.

But what if living in pain trying to achieve something is someones enjoyment?

>10 hour shift
>long
Not in Weimerica it isn't. I know some immigrants who legitimately work 24 hour shifts. That's the real reason companies love immigration so much.

Who let this kid in here ?

Pretty sure they get changed often though. They can hardly keep up for long on such a schedule.
The worst I get are 12 hour shifts.

I need the full game.

Not really, this one guy in particular was infamous in the company for sleeping in his car for an hour before going right back into work. He usually only rests for 3 days and works 4 days in a row.

That can't be safe.

NIGGER

The absolute madman.

Jesus. I remember staying up for three days in a row because of an airport delay with little to no food. I slept for nearly a day after that experience Doing it regularly for a longer period of time must be hell. Those working hours should be illegal.

Guess who is also illegal.

I didn't know how bad it was. I feel one one hand that illegal immigrants are violating the law coming into the country and should be deported, but on the other there should be some leeway with people who work tirelessly like that dude just to stay in the country. Help me Holla Forums. I don't want to accidentally become a liberal.

Exploiting people is bad, but illegally emigrating is bad too.
He should be deported for his own good

Those same parasites are the reason everyone's wages are shit and companies treat white Americans like shit. They devalue the collective bargaining power of workers and let corporations treat you like slave labor.

Fuck spics and anyone that feels sorry for them.

game dev

Those people should go back and kill their corrupt leaders and make into law that only those responsible enough can have children/social security so that the shitskins killing their country can die off. This way this guy can stop sending 75% of his paycheck to a different country and work 100% for his country of residence, no fucking dual citizenship treason.

It's not rocket-science user!

People should just stop and drop out the "drumpf is ebil" meme for a fucking second and they would see, how illegal immigrantion is much more problem!

Plus the US should conquer Mexico and gun down every cartel and drug slaver. Their goverment is a joke, their people are victims of their own cuckness, it's literally hell on earth thanks to the gangs!

t. slav

The US should conquer Mexico and chase every spic out of there, and dump all their Indians in South America too while they're at it. Cartels don't exist in a vacuum and South America isn't a shithole by chance.

What do I do with all my spare time though? The reason I play games or come here is because I don't have anything else to do after I finish school. I've been thinking about starting to shoot the bow again, but I can't do that 6 hours per day. I don't wanna watch shitty tv shows, I have trouble sticking to a book these days, so really I don't know what I'd do with the time.

Nope, US should take all over all of America and deport the sub-humans to chill with the penguins in Antarctica.

blindly browsing Holla Forums gives me the "i'm wasting time feel" more than anything, its become my equivalent of a normalfag just watching TV until they fall asleep so I've tried to drastically reduce the time i do that by either playing more video games, and picking up a few other hobbies (drawing, lifting). I don't think this will bring fulfillment necessarily though, I'm sorta inclined to believe we're born into a point in time where lots of us will just feel unfulfilled our whole lives. Theres too many other people int he world so we're easily replaced, and if we were born for greatness we probably would have discovered it by now, or we long squandered the opportunity. I know I never found a "calling" which frustrates me to this day but maybe I'm just a real world NPC and it wasn't meant for me ya know?

So maybe we gotta learn to find those happy distractions like games and hobbies and accept maybe we can't have such grand lives

t. 26 year old who spent most of highschool on fucking 4chan

I'm in the blue collar field, there are a lot of hard working amigos out there who just are trying to do the right thing for their family, i've worked with many of them. There are just as many complete scumbags who exploit being tax free. The ones who really need to be punished are the people who illegally hire immigrants to save a few bucks. If shit hits the fan Jose usually just gets sent home and his employee just goes and finds a new cheap source of labor

you'd be surprised. also if theres something you're marginally interested in, i'm going to use drawing as an example, just buy a pencil and sketchpad and fuck around with it. if it doesn't stick you don't exactly lose much and that mentality applies to other hobbies.

I feel like it's become a big waste of time. Games are still fun, but I feel like I have to either devote my time to worthwhile endeavors or sitting around and playing vidya.

Nothing really interests me though that's the thing. What do normalfags do with their spare time anyway?

I sorta understand that feel, i just sorta force myself to look into anything that even mildly sparks my interest sometimes, even if its just reading up on it some
watch TV/netflix endlessly.

That doesn't exactly sound like fun, though I imagine it beats just staring into nothing. What I found that motivates me to play games is, pathetically enough, achievements. Not only do they give me a concrete goal to work towards and a reward of sorts, but the more difficult ones to get make the apply myself to master the game instead of just cheesing through it, and motivate me to do additional playthroughs.

Jesus Christ. The only thing I ever watch on TV nowadays is history documentaries on Viasat History, and even then I only do it when I'm eating or just being too lazy to bother with anything else. How can they take such high concentrations of pozz and not kill themselves?

Shit, I thought TV shows in the 90s and early 00s were bad, but now I realize that was the golden age of TV.

TV really fucking sucks. Everything is uberpoz. I'll go watch braveheart if it plays but really I haven't watched tv in like 5-6 years. Also nonstop fucking adds.

I don't get what you people are lamenting. Most folks watch TV or Netflix no stop all day and waste all their paycheck going out Saturday nights. Only very fell people, will driven and relentless, either by necessity or good education, forgo everything "useless" and focus only on work/education/self-betterment.

I don't get what you people are lamenting. Most folks watch TV or Netflix no stop all day and waste all their paycheck going out Saturday nights. Only very fell people, will driven and relentless, either by necessity or good education, forgo everything "useless" and focus only on work/education/self-betterment.

Assemble a bureau.
Trust me: It will get better after that.

Actually bullshit. Many older games differ in 8nteresting ways to modern games. Usually older games were more prone to taking risks than most newer games that have multimillion dollar bidgets that cant afford to be anything other than safe.

I really hate when people act like everything is objectively better now and old games are just "nostalgia." That isn't even close to true.

there's plenty of new games worth playing. If you are so tired of video games you should leave the board.

i don't see how it doesn't drive anyone fucking insane seeing ads all the time, when i moved out i skipped on getting cable TV in my apartment cuz i can just watch things online on my own accord. I don't see why more people don't do that in the first place.

you probably need to set your own mental achievements in life tasks then if that's what motivates you. At the same time though if you aren't hurting anyone is it wrong to just enjoy playing games all the time?

You ever see those people who browse the internet with IE, a million toolbars and no ad blocker? Those people are a monument to a lack of drive or creativity.

It's because when you want to watch something, you have to decide on it and take the steps to finding it. Watching tv is just 100 passive. Open channel, maybe look around if there's something decent playing, watch it, then kind of just watch what they put next. It's lazy entertainment where you don't need to think or anything, just watch.

Worst I've ever had to do was sixteen hours for two-three weeks straight.

Yes, I no longer (or I try) play strategy games because of this, they take 100 hours to complete and it's just the same system over and over with minimal learning. Not only that but I feel they give me attention deficit, I have trouble reading or understanding a situation if I play too much strategy games, I guess it's because you never have to read once you know how to play, you are constantly only looking for visual cues in the system and since I don't get things as simple in real life my brain just wanders off and has trouble concentrating.

Fast action games are the best for older people, I leave the strategy games to the youngsters with tons of free time to spend.

Normalfag really need to be gassed

Anything you do is etched in time forever but some things have more repercussions, I mean you are alive because someone gathered food for you no? That's a repercussion. If you were in Venezuela and starving right now all those nihilistic low stimulated thoughts would just not exist and you'd do things to acquire more energy. For most people the most important task they will do is having a child, ie. sending a set of genes further forward in time because that's just what genes do and to do that many things have appeared, including your higher brain functions and your longevity that allow you to have nihilistic thoughts.

The secret is to give in to the depression, user. Let it consume you.
Release will come soon.

Have you found this whiteboard yet? I'm at a loss for what the passcode is.

And as is written in the book of destiny, OP is a fag once again.

I'm trying to buy this game on DL Site, but it doesn't show up in English and I don't want to be assed to have to Google translate 50 pages of Nipponese one line at a time to put in my CC info.

Lifting weights, sucking dick, you know.
You could play vidya for enjoyment rather than completion.

Those people get incredibly fucked in the head.
Had friends do that. Had friends from local hospital working in ER do that.
They are never the same after a while.

Just try stuff. The biggest reason you keep doing activities you're not actually enjoying is because you're in a cyclical rut, and it takes real effort to break out of that. Also, realize that most other activities are not like video games in that you can invest gigantic blocks of time in them that completely take up your daily activities. Most activities have natural limiters, whether its simple physical exhaustion, or mental fatigue. So don't try to find one single activity to replace gaming. You will actually be amazed how much free time you end up having when you take a break from video games.

Older games can be fun but if you read anons post he's talking about replaying old games, not playing them for the first time. And that is boring, there's no real excitement or passion in cruising through a game you already mastered and beat years ago. It's a mild, casually enjoyable experience at best. It's not truly fun the way it was when you first played it.

You know what's even funnier? He wasn't Mexican and he was a legal immigrant. He's french.
The company hires foreign nationals and promises to sponsor them for immigration, it uses this as leverage to pull off the shit I just mentioned. Kind of like the reason why companies want people with University degrees, because the debt guarantees they can't leave.

I'm technically retired, I only work because I choose to. I used to think that being retired young and left to play vidya all day would be a dream come true. I achieved that dream, and now I see my foolishness.

I don't play much now, I run a business, I play board and card games with my wife and children, I'm learning latin, and I read, because the electric jew rots your brain.
I can and do enjoy games when I have nothing better to do, but they are always my "I have nothing better to do, so I'll play a game" response.
To that faggot from
Yes dipshit, you _can_ browse image boards, play games, and better yourself, you fucking nigger.

It's a special kind of hell user that I've been living most of my adult life. My sleep schedule was thrown out of wack by a head injury and wasn't great before. As a result I started staying up/working for 2-3 days at a time when a 12+ hour rest between. As the years rolled on I became less able to sleep and now, 15 years later, I find it hard to sleep more than 4 hours at a time. I still stay up to get my work done so I'm often up 3-5 days in a row. I find it impossible to nap as well so I have to settle for just laying awake staring at walls so my body can recover some what.

(((reddit spacing)))

The worst part is when I do obtain some sleep through the use of drugs like Valium, Xanax, or Ativan. Half my family drinks themselves to sleep every night but they yell at me for using any of the above in moderation. Doctors act like I'm trying to scam them for drugs when I've attempted to seek help for this problem. I refuse to take any of the other stuff because it causes my dick to stop working or turns me into a zombie. I don't want to be sedated 24/7, I just want to be sedated long enough to find sleep. I can't use alcohol for this purpose because it keeps me up all night running back and forth to the toilet. So I'm left without drugs, yelled at by the very same people that wake me up in the middle of sleep at 2pm to fix their fucking computer problems or do the farm work they're too lazy to do. They say I'm lazy if I'm in bed at that hour even though they know I've been up for multiple days. The so-called friends that know of my condition do it too, they have a knack for beating on my door an hour after I find sleep then laughing about how I "sleep all the time". I hate normalfags more than you'll ever know.

It's going to kill me soon. I know it. I'm over 30 now and my body is starting to give out. I'm so accustom to the things meth addicts freak out about (seeing things that aren't there due to sleep deprivation) that it's normal life for me. I just hope that I don't kill someone driving one of these days. I almost did that once when I lived out of state and worked a demanding job. I was up about 12 days before I called sick, stayed up 4 more days before they forced me to see a doctor, and everyone just assumed I was coming off speed or doing other dumb shit. Why is it so impossible to believe someone just simply can't sleep? It's hell, I welcome death, I'm ready to rest.

Sleep disorders really aren't viewed as an issue by people without them because they're cunts who don't understand that people can lay in bed for hours at a time trying to sleep but never getting it. This pissed me off to no end with my dorm roomie so I made a bet with him to see if he could stay awake as long as I normally did. Fucker buckled after 4 days and never dared to complain about my sleeping pattern again.

normalfag fuck off

I get the feeling of
But then I press "save and continue" and drink.

looks like its up on sukebei
i work only 4 days a week, the extra day off is really nice and totally worth the 2 extra hours on a shift

Sounds like a sorry way to conduct yourself.

It's not ideal.

Yeah, I'm going to go fuck right off….and wake up my wife, proceed to fuck another beautiful Aryan child into her, and go to bed. Enjoy your fap time while you can kike. Gas yourself.