What are the main differences between these games?

What are the main differences between these games?

Aren't you tired of talking about these games yet?

The amount of gay memelords who pretend to enjoy the game for its difficulty.

Go away faggots.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1:

Demon's Souls is clearly the best, no reason to lump it together with the rest of the garbage.

All of the Dark Souls games bring with them their fair share of cancer, but the first one is the only one worth playing. Dark Souls 2 and 3 are a true chore to play, especially 3. Why 3 isn't exposed more as a criminal waste of time, I will never understand. Enemies never have to worry about stamina or poise, and aren't placed strategically at all. It's almost like the developers tried to one up each other on how many enemies they could cram into one room, or place them in the most annoying places possible, all in the name of "difficulty".

The first 2 of pic related are good, the 3rd pic is decent and the last is absolute dogshit and belongs in the trash.

I honestly can't believe you still want to discuss these overexposed games. Don't you play anything else, don't you know anything else?

m not enjoying myself!

Different areas and ways of exploring those areas, mechanical tweaks.

Except for 2, which is just a different game.

tbqh i haven't found other modern games that aren't a hot plate of garbage covered in sugar that you scarf down and immediately forget about

This shit pisses me off so fucking much. Even the hammer drakekeepers in 2 had a finite amount of stamina. Sure, it was several million more stamina than any other entity had in any Souls game has ever had, but it was still finite! DS3 completely removes enemy stamina! They don't have to manage it at all!

is there away to stop people from invading you? My friend and I are trying to play through DS3 again again and don't want to deal with hackers and people who have minmaxed to hell and back.

We just want to play against the game, not players.

What exactly are you talking about?

Demons was bested by ds1 in pretty much every way, but is still amazing in its own right.
Dark Souls is the best of the series in terms of level and world design, unfortunately post lord vessel this tanks hard.
Dark Souls 2 is has simultaneously the best and worst of mechanics of the series and also the worst world and level design. However this game has the best boss fights and pvp in the series.
Bloodborne is a very close second place to Dark Souls 1s world and level design, and has the best minute to minute gameplay.
Lords of the Fallen was an interesting take on the series that, while I won't go back for a second playthrough, had some fun mechanics to play around with.
Dark Souls 3 is a watered down bloodborne with worse level and world design than ds2 and a massive boner for ds1.

At the end of the day there's something for everybody, from the pvp fags to the lore fags. There is no best game in the series, because they all are the best at their respective elements.

Except Dark Souls 3.

It seems like Demon Souls is a slightly better version of DS1. Why did they get rid of the health reduction mechanic in DS1 after becoming hollowed? I'm trying to find more information and they brought it back in DS2 and I think 3 as well. And as far as I can tell, you can't horde stockpiles of healing items in DS2 like you could in Demon Souls.

Is it also true that DS2 has a lot of "useless bosses"?

That's wrong, you can hoard lifegems easily unlike dark souls 1 with humanity.

Don't like a thread, use the filter/hide functions. Ether learn to use the sight properly or fuck off back you where you came from.
>>>/reddit/

What are you talking about?

In dark souls you can poise to win, in the rest you cant

You can't purchase or grind infinite lifegems until after the Shrine of Winter, which right around when they stop being a worthwhile method of healing. You can grind infinite humanity off the rats after Taurus Demon.

Yeah. It's got twice as many bosses as the other souls games, but half of them are just filler. Prowling Magus is just a small room with 15 normal enemies. Skeleton lords are 3 things barely tougher than a midboss. Covetous Demon is a pathetic non-threat with a bunch of cool ideas that never actually happen because he dies too quick.

I'm honestly bored with these games atm. Talk about something else, faggot.

How fucking high are you to think mentioning one of DS2's flaws (all of the games have flaws, some more than others) amounts to defending the utterly shameful shitshow that is DS3? Is DS3 all you think about?

None. They're all the same attack memorization, simon says fighting game. From has been shitting out the same shit ever since Demon's Soul, and it wasn't even a very good game. It's like asking about the differences between CoD BO1 and BO2.

You can buy infinite life gems from the merchant in the forest after you beat the last giant and she moves to majula.

How dare you post that slut while responding to me.

Reminder

You have MP Meter and item weight, so you can't just pick up everything you want.
Spells/Miracles have charges now instead of using MP Meter. Parries actually work now. Pyromancy introduced.
Everything is dudes in armor. Worst one of the bunch.
Gameplay sped up a little. MP Meter back.

Demon's, Dark, and Bloodborne are worth playing, 2 and 3 can be skipped.

How does BB's map compare?

Something's off about the map of Lordran, but I can't tell what. I can tell Drangleic lacks the DLC.

I'd say not great. A lot of its areas are utterly disconnected from one another.

parries work fine in DeS, backstabs were fucked.

Backstabs worked fine too, and pyromancy was just the fire sorceries from DeS but from a different catalyst.

Demon's Souls has a lot of gimmick bosses.

I believe backstabs could be rolled out of online.

Also Penetrator's only good if you didn't get Biorr by that point.

I played Demons Souls first level and couldn't finish it and got mad and broke my ps3 controller.
I played Dark Souls and killed the gaping dragon and got lost and bored and stopped playing.
I played Dark Souls II and hated the health bar thing and dropped it.
I played Dark Souls III and had fun but eventually stopped playing at Aldritch.
Basically, OP, they're all meme games. Pretty fun under the right circumstances, but test before you buy.

Phalanx isn't shitty, it's a decent first boss.

lurk more newfag

Haven't played the third, but only minor differences between the others. The sequels don't innovate enough to take on something new and better than Demons. However, it is nitpicking because they are better than 99% of all games made today and everyone here knows it.

Demon's Souls US version has Jack Frost in the game manual, the others don't because they aren't Atlus games.

this list just confirms that you don't appreciate what was intended for the playing who goes through the game for the 1st time. you probably sat in front of the screen like the drooling autist that you are taking every moment and thinking about your dumb little tier list, after spoiling everything for yourself on youtube and needing every second to be propped up as some "epic" test of your "skill"

True allant isn't supposed to be a hard fight. it makes sense in the context of the story why he is a floundering fish that you just beat to death. phallanx was a test of your mental capacity to use items and apply what you've learned from the 1st level to beat him. the same can be said of storm king. leechmonger and dirty colossus are supposed to be a test of your endurance because the levels that precede them are long and wear you down.

dragon god is MAYBE the only point i would agree with you on. but unless you used the internet to find out, its a little tense getting through the checkpoints in the fight. its enjoyable in its own right. stop propping up this goddamn franchise onto some stupid ass pedestal and nitpicking everything without considering the intentions behind the design.

fucking christ i hate idiots like you. you're the reason why the games turned into cash-in, washed out, unpolished, pandering bullshit after das1.

Do you have some map markers for those dots?

This Holla Forums meme of 3 being worse than 2 is bizarre, I have to assume they were all shieldfags

Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.
What you say?

Woo! Woman, oh woman, don't treat me so mean,
You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen.
I guess if you said so
I'd have to pack my things and go.

Now baby, listen baby, don't-a treat me this-a way
For I'll be back on my feet some day.
Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood
You ain't got no money you just ain't no good.

Well, I guess if you say so
I have to pack my things and go.

demon souls was a nice original game, it was given up on halfway through development so they were allowed to do whatever and it turned out a surprise hit

dark souls was made as a refinement, it was like demon souls except it had a bunch of polish like a revised combat thats pretty different from anything else(poise, limited healing), a connected world, the bosses have to actually fight you and dont do weird shit as often, but it was rushed and it shows in certain parts

dark souls 2 was supposed to be a different game entirely and was made dark souls halfway through, it abandoned almost all the progress that dark souls made over demon souls and is shit because of it, but it did try to add its own refinement to the combat with powerstancing but without the base that made it unique it simply falls short, also the lighting stuff might have been cool if they didnt checken out halfway through

dark souls 3 is meant to be an actual sequal to dark souls 1 since up to this point it had none, so they take the premise from one (the fire is fading so crazy shit is happening like the dead coming to life, but its been like that for untold time) and do it again, the fire has linked and faded so many times that the dead of undead even are coming back, they brought back limited healing and took it a step further giving you item pouches not unlike zelda bomb pouches that could be refilled at bonfires, and abandoned any steps forward they made in two, but the combat despite not having its unuiqe thing is still good unlike 2, it being the core of the game this goes a long way to smoothing over an cracks, also matchmaking is pretty good, this sets it apart as the only game of the 4 where you can experience large group combat of players that isnt shit

underage please leave

No.

fag

Being a gimmick boss isn't inherently a bad thing, I appreciated the more puzzle-like approach Demon's Souls took to its bosses compared to the rest of the series. You can make the (very fair) argument that it negatively impacts its replayability, since if you've figured them out once you never need to again, but I'd argue that Demon's Souls had more than enough to compensate in that regard between things like world tendency affecting which equipment you could get on a playthrough, character tendency affecting a bunch of your base stats and some side quests, or gender-specific equipment in addition to different builds.

It definitely has better variety than something like Dark Souls 3, where every other boss is just some guy with a sword/polearm and unusual timing on his attacks (which is used so often in DaS3 that it stops being unexpected, completely defeating the point). Something like Champion Gundyr is only good in isolation, but because he's in a game with a dozen other bosses that play just like him, he becomes forgettable (and I say that even though he's probably my favourite boss in 3, DLC included).

That's not to say that variety is always good, because Bed of Chaos exists, but Demon's bosses on the whole are varied in addition to being some of the most thoughtfully designed in the series. There are no filler-tier afterthought bosses like Demon Firesage, Covetous Demon, Yhorm or a lot of the chalice dungeon bosses (just to name a few in the other games).

demon souls and dark souls are kinda look alike and give some medieval vibes , dark souls 2 feels more aladin than the previous games and the third is the same as the first except more easier

3 are shit and 1 is good

Why should I lurk more? So I can become as scared of differing opinions as you and hide everything that doesn't suit my beliefs?