ITT: The series whos lore you get autistic about

ITT: The series whos lore you get autistic about

Pic fucking related. The Taroverse of Infinite Sadness has the right mix of 'post post post apocalyptic people dont know what they lost' 'ancient machinery is as magic' and 'the same location millenia apart' tropefetish fuel.

What series gets your wordlbuilding boner hard?

DANTE MUST DIE MODE: No Dark Souls, Pokemon or Mario.

2Bad that Square is gonna fuck up Nier

Yokotaro has nothing to do with the next game

Friend one of my favourite IP's is Silent Hill. I know the good games are made by the right people and the rest never happened.

Command & Conquer.

Specifically: C&C95, RA1 and TS.

There's an autistically in-depth story written on GameFAQs.

MOTHER, I used to love that series but when Undertale happened I just distanced myself as much as possible from it and I even developed some disgust towards it.

That's a good way to look at things.

Good man

I want to kill Heather stupid fucking ugly cunt

Look at it this way: Only bad remakes can ruin your favourite pre 2007 games. They are pristine and immune to modern infection.

I want to kiss her

Megaman's case is interesting because the lore is quite interesting but you don't see that much of it during the actual games

Obligatory mention of elder scrolls and fate

I played the first Nier a long time ago, and people say it tied into Automata. Can you give me a quick rundown on the lore?

I never got hard into the tism, myself, but I found Zelda lore discussions to be fun before Skyward Sword fucked the lore up.

everything is fucked, and its either your fault or someone who you fucked over's fault. enjoy the ride.

Here you go, my man.

Don't forget the ultimate in meme lore autism. Dark Souls and Metal Gear.

Can you give a bit more, like an idea of what goes on in it user?
I don't know much about C&C at all tbh

Papa Nier was clone body of the villain and his daughter the clone body the villains daughter. The world went to shit because the clones gained true sentience, the original souls who lost their bodies to the white chlorination syndrome that turns bodies to salt -hence the opening looking like snow but mentioning its summer 2049- now have nowhere to go and devolve into shades. Niers shade was working with androids named devola and popala and others to try and find a solution. Killing him saved your daughter but unknowingly damns everyone.

Centuries later aliens invaded between games. Emil made 100,000 copies of himself and bodied them so they made machine imitations to fight emil and the androids. But eventually the humans and aliens died out and the androids and machines had no reason to fight and fell to despair.

Then the machines found the files for project gestalt that split human souls from dying bodies and made clone bodies and rework the idea to make machine cores into black boxes and make their own androids and a fake organisation called 'yorha' to show up and tell the original androids about humans on the moon to inspire them to fight the machines again. All to give the machines an enemy to fight against and thereby continue to evolve rather than stagnate.

Eventually the machines started to gain sentience rather than a hivemind machine intelligence and split off into various medieval factions just like the clones in the first game and like the first game you dont know the character you are playing is the product of some long since defunct project to save some race.

At the end everyone is once again fucked, Emil is in a deep depression but theres some hints kaine's spirit contacts him in some fashion but beyond that nearly everyone dies for a lie and the closing message is 'life is not worth living unless there is something to fight for'.

-Though in one ending 9s joins the machines after everyone else is dead and flies into space to find and settle a new world where maybe by making peace rather than ending in violence the cycle can be broken.

I don't know why I find the setting so interesting but I do.

On another note, I thought Dishonored's lore and setting really cool but I find it hard to get invested in now since I heard 2 & the recent expansion kind of botched it in that regard between outright telling you who the heart belonged to (as if it wasn't already obvious) and the entire backstory of the Outsider, which kind of defeats his purpose.

I have only played the first two levels of Dishonoured but the alt universe industrial era whaling island empire where theres a zerg tier feral africa with nurgle tier contagions carried by everything and nautical satanic witchery involving whales that might be elder things was super interesting.

You Don't Know Jack

The only one i cared about in Zelda was in Wind Waker learning the great sea was literally a flooded ocarina of time and that land you explored as a kid was the sea floor which both meant you failed to save them in the longrun and tapped into my 'the current npcs dont know how much they lost' melancholy.

But its almost like my love of games where the 'ancient ruin the locals thing was a temple is just a half buried modern shopping mall' type stuff.

Yeah that's the kind of stuff that I liked the most too. It was really unique and I can't really think of any other settings like it, vidya or otherwise. Even beyond the Outsider, something Dishonored did very well was mystery, between all the weird stuff lingering around in the Void, paintings of the other isles/continents, magic cult stuff and the heart. Even though it's obvious whose heart it is, I really appreciated that it respected the player's intelligence enough not to outright tell them who it belongs to, unlike the sequel.

Whats a Paladin?

Dishonored had some nice lore

Stupid fucking site keeps putting that flag on and wont let me delete posts! What the fuck is going on with the site tonight!?

I can't get myself to play it anymore, but I keep up with the lore.

help

Can I just say what games have autistic lore anons swoon?

Ps1 era would be Resident Evil series 1-3
Ps2 would be Metal Gear: Gayden 2
Not sure about ps3 era.

WoW is not canon

It's a pity the games had subpar gameplay, the characters, the voice actors, the setting and the story make up for it.

You my user…

Mount and Blade: Warband. The closest thing to a Finland location has parts from this set of armour in it.

You already named the series that gets my autism going.

>Yokotaro has nothing to do with the next game
No moonman, no buy. Although I didn't buy Automata either because of denuvo. Glad I didn't too because the PC port was pretty fucked and it's still not fixed. At least 2B and A2 were QTs.

Elder Scrolls. Kirkbride smokes the GOOD shit.

Smoked user, he smoked the good shit
Now he's on that cheap shit with all the fucked up eso spaghetti he's been spilling out

we both know it's souls

Viktor Antonov's dieselpunk worlds are so cool. Shame we're sort of stuck with what Dishonored ended up being in ZeniMax's hands.

Spoken like a true millennial, you better write another article about the last of us on plebbit

You forgot to talk about the mad Emil clones going back in time to fuck up the worldas the Watcher (or God in the japanese version), thus creating the Drakengard world that will centuries later fuck up the Nier world.
The despair come from the fact that all this shit will happen again and again.

have some lewd

So in the 1300 years since Nier touched Gestalt Noir, what was RepNier doing? Was there an endless cycle of Niers and Yonahs until the PC Nier broke it?

I thought it was the androids that made up the Council to give them purpose in life by fighting a perpetual war supposedly for humanity after the failure of Project Gestalt and Yorha was intentionally designed with machine technology by the androids so that when the time came to pull the plug on Yorha the androids in charge, the Commander's commanders so to speak, wouldn't have to feel conflicted about terminating a fellow android. Adam and Eve definitely are machines made in the likeness of androids based on their limited understanding of humanity yet represent the ascension of the machines to something greater as opposed to Yorha which despite being very human in appearance and emotion are lesser than the androids who made them by design.

nothing like this has been said online and he is even part of the recruitment for the next Nier project, whichever that is.

why are you lying on the internet?

Every of these had a fair share of retcon… so everything i know is a big waste of my time. not like knowing vidya lore wouldn't be a big waste of time anyway
Atleast i never ever write or thinked up a fanfic…

P.S.: You can count the M&M lore too, but after H4 blasted the whole thing and the disappointment what H6 was i just stopped to care…

Replicants age as stated by Nier, and since they're biologically human, they can have sex and children. Does this mean actual human children were born at some point? Does not having a soul stop children from happening? Was them dying the sign that WCS wasn't over yet? When a Replicant dies, do the Androids make a new one or does the Gestalt get screwed over? If there is a new one, then won't people notice an identical de-aged doppelganger walking around? After all the Gestalts died out, couldn't the Androids make more Replicants and have them become self-aware and become the new humans?
I have so many unanswered question even after reading all the side material.

Yoko said somewhere they can screw but not have babies, on a schedule Devola and Popola would shut off replicants, mess with their memories or something then leave them with a baby replicant. So no more D&P means that generation of reps was the last.

but that was a fan theory that got proven false

So do the babies grow into replicants who already previously existed? Like has Papa Nier died and a new baby Papa Nier put in his place dozens of times over hundreds of years?

I think that's how it's supposed to be. If all the humans became gestalts then since there were no more all they'd do is keep recycling replicants after they died

the witcher with the books(spoiler the games are pure fanfiction and non-canon)
dark souls, demons souls(the best lore of the games) and bloodborne.
Drakengard with NieR.
Metal Gear Solid
Shin Megami Tensei(used to be really autistic until it got so confusing that I could not follow it up anymore)
Silent Hill

My Autism stopped with lore but to be honest there needs to be more lore games out there in the wild.

There's an actual continuity? Tokyo can only get rekt so many times.

Warhammer 40000

I assumed if they did they'd the Black Scrawl would return, the way I understood it after the humans died White Chlorination Syndrome evolved into Black Scrawl because fuck replicants.

I would love to get autistic about Gravity Rush "lore" but quite frankly it too weird and intentinally dreamlike to fix all the odd plot holes. Like how the fuck dose Syd go from being a rookie street cop to secretly being Alias who is actually one of the Queens most loyal companions? Also whats the deal with people Dying and essentially reincarnating in a lower level of the World Pillar? Also do they ever go into more detail about the scientist/ghost that caused the parallel universe cataclysm in the first place? I

yes

WClS and the black scrawl were two different diseases. The black scrawl was a result of the replicants forming their own souls, and since you can only have one soul per body (under normal circumstance because lol kaine), the body just dies. The WClS and Legion were gone something like 50 years before the game that's why Gestalt Nier stole Yona when he did. It was time for the replicants and gestalts to be rejoined, but woops.

What
Is this conjecture or is there proof? Emil clones all look like him, not the watchers.

KOTOR and TSL are the only reasons why I cared about Star Wars lore, and even then most of it is confined to the games.

Replicants cannot breed. The women are just told 'you are having a baby now' when someone dies by the androids who just take them away for a while and send them back with a new clone. The clones have no idea what intercourse or childbirth is so just assume they look like a relative. In a world of sterile clones and no education beyond how to eat, sleep and talk thats all they were meant to do.
The beginnings of trade and culture by the time of Nier is actually a huge problem and a symptom of the replicants becoming truly sentient which means gestalts cannot merge with them anymore without causing the black scrawl and killing the body. So they become more human but without a gestalt soul are still infertile puppets that die out when the androids cannot make them anymore.

In the after story Khaine goes to the source of them and meets the project lead who states the shadowlords death means 'its time to put the project into shutdown mode, everything is ruined'

>OH BUT HEY REMEMBER WHEN MASTER CHIEF GOT HIS FUCKING ASS KICKED BY AN ELITE FUCKING MINOR WITH NO POWER SUIT OR ANYTHING TO ENHANCE STRENGTH, REFLEXES, ETC. EXCEPT FOR BEING NORMAL ARMOR google that shit btw IN FALL OF REACH AND WAS ONLY SAVED BY DEUS EX MACHINA MARINES?????

I could do it. I could go to Microsoft HQ and slay them all.

the idea is that spartans are so powerful that even basic low-tier elites can fuck them up, so just imagine how bad they can fuck up regular humans.

Are you fucking high?

once upon a time.
every time I read about an update it's a poor attempt to pander to GW1 players and instead shits over the lore and history with retcons and timeline discrepancies

read the last half of the sentence

That was more than half the sentence, faggot.
The way you structured the sentence was retarded.
It should have been: the idea is that spartans are so powerful but even basic low-tier elites can fuck them up, so just imagine how bad they can fuck up regular humans.

Instead of
Get your shit right.

you still understood the intent, and that's all that matters

Yes, and it's insane the continuity depends on the ending you get, which leads into the spin off of the series.
And there are so many spin offs of the series. you can call it a different dimension or when god turns back the clock.
It's so insane that you can't follow it all without being really autistic.

Kinda why allot of fans where confused that SMT strange Journey was not 4 but a spin off, and 4 was so meh in it's story that even the Japanese forgot about it, so they made smt4 apocalypse which is also a spin off.
Because Atlus took a character from Radiant Historia into Strange Journey redux and to the Radiant Historia remake that one became a Spin Off SMT game, but no one has figured out which ending and where in the timeline/dimension that one fits inn. At this point some fans believe Atlus is just fucking with the fans, and Studio Zero's new fantasy game might be another spin off kinda like how Catharine was a spin off.

About Emil though, he just stayed in his mansion the whole time all this was going on?

Sorry buddy, but there's no way you could love Silent Hill as much as me.

Honestly, even though the lore is far more shallow than some of the examples in this thread, I get pretty autistic over the plot of both Hotline Miami games. Although in my case, it's more because I'm planning to run a Top Secret SI campaign based on it. I'm going to try to have the references to the games be subtle, in attempt to bring back the mystique of HM1's storytelling. Ultimately, it's going to be fast paced and combat-focused.